Your 2018 Anticipated Game

Post whatever upcoming game you think has the most potential. I've only seen this video for Lost Soul Aside, but it looks like it could be quite good. I haven't seen a 3D action game this fast paced in a long time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5TURxcLUux4
nisamerica.com/games/the-witch-and-the-hundred-knight-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This looks like shit.

Bonerlord.

Copper Dreams

Proof.

Been waiting for Sakuna of Rice and Ruin, and last comiket a really cool game that looked like Ronin in 3D was shown off. Although I can't really tell what its actual name is so I'm just calling it Link the Unleashed Nexus spinoff.

Nothing really…
Freedom Planet 2 maybe

Monster Hunter World
Ace Combat 7
FFXII PC release

Hokouto n Gotoku, I don't know anything else worth getting but I see a pattern where even-numbered years have bad games and odd-numbered years have good games.

I dont really know whats games are coming out in 2018. Kingdom hearts 3 i guess

I haven't been hype for a game in years and from what I've seen so far, it's going to be good.

Fallout 4 Remastered edition

It's actually a lot more like the first game, check the thread for gameplay and trailers.

I should have probably linked it .

Admit it, it looks pretty good, even if they plan to pander to The Last of Us audience.
This and SpiderMan

Soul Calibur VI
Hitman Season 2
Vampyr
The Last Night

ALL GAMES ARE SHIT UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

The combat looks bland as hell and the dialogue is generic ((cinematic)) crap. How is this supposed to look good? All that's different is they're ripping off Dork Souls and the Last of Ass this time instead of being Devil May Cry except worse in every way this time.

This game seems like it'll be neat

Metroid Prime 4
It might not come out this year, but one of Nintendo's European branches messed up and let slip that Metroid Prime 4 would be released this year following the proper announcement and reveal and the next Nintendo Direct.
Bit of a stretch, but then nobody knew of Samus Returns' existence until E3 and that didn't even make the main show reel, it was a show-floor live-stream announcement mid-show.

My cotton-picking property

At the moment;
The King of Fighters XIV version 3.0
Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On
Fighting EX Layer
Disaster Report 4
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
Valkyria Chronicles 4
La-Mulana 2
The next Umihara Kawase
Acceleration of Suguri 2 (any century now)

Overload coming out of Early Access. I'm not joking or overexaggerating when I say this will be the best FPS in years, at least for most people who were turned off by Devil Daggers. Even in EA it's got it all, good weapons, good enemy AI capable of dodging and leading shots, tons of enemy types, classic level design (well, classic DESCENT level design), VR support, cool music and sound design. With more singleplayer levels for the full release and a multiplayer mode promised some time after release, this is bound to be a genuinely good first-person shooter, if you can count a 6DoF shooter as a FPS that is. I'd imagine there being at least some hype for this considering the actual original Descent developers are working on this as opposed to Descent: Underground, but the amount of people who have played Descent here seems to be strikingly low, even with all the retro first-person shooter posturing going on here.

Really, just nab the GoG release of Descent 1 and 2 with the DXX-Rebirth sourceport in order to prepare yourself for Overload. Please don't mind the tranny in the bottom right corner, I couldn't find any better video of a singleplayer level being played on the highest difficulty.

it was bothering me so i fixed it

Ace Combat 7, probably the only game will be paying full price day one since Worms Fort: Undersiege

You poor soul.

Holy shit. I really hope Degica gets them to port it to PC.

Not going to lie, I'd fuck her.

In your dreams, faggot.

All we know is that it's gonna be on the switch for sure and there is a small chance it might have a level editor. But Degica has done PC ports themselves for every single game they've published/localized that didn't already have one; so you won't have to worry much.

Brendan skate simulator and Soul Calibur 6

thx saved

It might be to much to ask for a 2018 release.

Thats a good game. Fun platforming levels too.

I'm a little scattered but there's lots of 2018 releases I'm anticipating. Off the top of my head there's a certain magical virtual on, yakuza 6, edf5, umihara kawase 4, blade strangers, ace combat 7, sakuna of rice and ruin, and that's just the ones I can recall on the spot. It's going to be another busy year with Japan dominating once again.

All unreleased games are neither good nor bad, only potentially good or bad. To say they are already bad or already good before they hit the market is equally stupid.

I-it's coming out this year right?

youtube.com/watch?v=5TURxcLUux4
Does rareware still have any of the same people on it? I liked nuts and bolts so I feel like I’ll enjoy this.

dubs threads

Kingdom Come Deliverance

If it actually comes out this year Underworld Ascendant might be pretty cool. All games are shit now so all I care about are indy RPGs pushing choice and interactivity further. AAA has become an unenjoyable shit-show.

La-Mulana 2, hopefully. Biggest fear at this point is the game having none of the charm or subversion of expectations like the original did. But the idea of being able to play a action puzzle platformer game blind again is exciting.

The only thing that even blips the radar is a possible PC release of Monster Hunter World in the end of 2018. I'll pirate it, if it's not too much of a pain to pirate. Otherwise I couldn't give much of a shit.

I got nothing. And /xen/ simulator is not that interesting.

Denuvo email leaks.

Monster Hunter World
Butterlord
Soul Caliber 6
Metro Exodus
The Last Night
The Hunt:Showdown vid related

oh no no no no

The graphics are severely downgraded, the combat is now console friendly autotargeting simon says, character models and animations are worse than fallout 4, lots of cut content confirmed, and it's gonna be filled with dull content like the monastery level in the trailer. How can you still have hope in this faggot?

Rimworld 1.0
Factorio 1.0
Subnautica 1.0
That’s all

Ace Combat 7. That's it.
Everything else is either trash or consoleshit exclusives - therefore also trash.

I'm glad I wasn't hyped for this nasty shit

Anyone that fell for that faggot is really on par with sjw and dev that talk about poz in vidya

Fighting EX Layer, Soul Calibur, and Dragon Ball Fighters Z.
Well, I'm still waiting on an announcement that EX will come to PC.

I literally just want a new Animal Crossing in 2018. I'm already content with my Switch, but I did buy it in part for Animal Crossing. I swear to God if they pull some Amiibo Festival bullshit again…

literally nothing, gives me a great excuse to execerise and better myself though.

Bonerlord
Monster Hunter World
Ni No Kuni 2
Frozen Synapse 2
Soul Calibur 6

I have a lot of hope for Switch releases this year, especially when it comes to Animal Crossing. AC and a mainline Fire Emblem game would make my fucking year.

For what purpose? There's nothing going for it. Artyom's story is over. What's there even left to tell with this game?

EDGE
that’s about it

Jurassic World Evolution
Hopefully this team does it as well at the old one

Monster Hunter World
Kingdom Hearts 3 Please, fucking PLEASE come out this year, I waited since 2006 for this to come out
Ni no kuni 2
Ace Combat 7
Little Devil Inside Im not really sure it comes out this year though, but it looks fun to explore
Biomutant looks pretty cool, not 100% sure about it though
EDGE

Im not sure about anything else, I need to buy more space for my cfw'ed wiiu and ps3 so I can play a shitload of games on there instead of emulating on my toaster.
I also want to get a switch because a bunch of cool shit always comes out for it, but I'm a hopeless jobless poorfag though. Maybe its for the better.

Super Robot Wars X is pretty much the only game announced so far for 2018 that looks any good.

Also for all the people saying Monster Hunter World, don't get your hopes up, almost everything released regarding it so far has made it look objectively worse than every past installment in just about every meaningful way.

It doesn't look pretty good
it looks pretty mediocre

2077 [spoiler]except it's witcher 4

The game does look pretty, it has very nice graphics. But the reason I enjoy games is because of the gameplay first, liking a game only because its pretty is as shallow as fuck.
And that game's gameplay looks like absolute shit, its looking like its a near walking simulator tier trash, especially compared to the old GOW games. That series is pretty much dead to everyone but normalfag trash much like you user.

Go back

Will MOTHER be back in this game?

It's an E3 trailer, it's only purpose is to look good so they can draw in suckers like you.

It's like you refugee fucks get off from embarrassing yourselves.

Looking forward to playing EDF5 in english and SAO:Fatal Bullet.

At this point only thing I am looking forward to is Gun Gal 2

I hope so, but probably *NEVER EVER**

I don't know how it's gonna turn out, I hope it doesn't turn into a shitfest but it is CY+3

I fucking LOVED Ronin, so please let me know if you recall the name. Very curious.

Freedom Planet 2 and Fark the Electric Jester if it releases this year.

I thought that the cinematic trailer for Biomutant was interesting, but the gameplay looked pretty mediocre to me.

Is it still a one man team? plus store assets?

The only thing I'm anticipating for 2018 is death. This or vydya industry crash, whatever comes first.

What's up with that pic? sage for no discussion

You should do what Ren couldn't if you wish for your death to so much.

No, he created a studio called Ultizero Games and has a team now. I don't know where the funding came from because I can't find a publisher anywhere.

Iconoclasts. I've had a loose eye out for that for a good few years now and it's finally coming out this month. Demo was great and all the little demos and games the developer has released over the years have been enjoyable. I detect a good time to be had here.

W-what are you talking about, laowai? It's completely independent.
Release your games with unreal4

I'm too demoralized to grab a firearm and gun people down.

What other engine is he supposed to use though?

Nah, that's the White Chinks, aka the Jews

Guns are so last year.

You don't know that, user, there are still more story elements they could retcon and characters they could dumb down :^)

Artyom's story was over by after the first game, and that didn't stop them.

White chinks are literally slavs.

new Mech warrior
new Battletech
maybe new Mech Assault
Rise of the Reds 1.87 or 1.90 or 2.0
Mental Omega with SAVE FEATURE ARES 1.0 soon
New metro exodus

Only this one

My understanding of the Jews is that they're the insane and destructive greed of the Chinks mixed with the demanding "your ancestors wronged us generations ago you need to give us everything you own" victim complex of the Gooks.

No, I'm saying that slavs have thick asian genes in their blood.

Never
Ever

It's already in closed beta, release probably within a month or three

NEVER EVER

SOON

It's never ever happening. Fruitbat Factory is just lulling you into a false reality.
200% Orange Juice: Extra Pulp Edition will be announced and released before Suguri 2 gets localized

I just want more Medieval games that aren't set in Britain or gay France, not getting my hopes up seeing the last 3 years of gameplay footage that is mediocre to average, but this is the same guy who gave us Mafia 1 and 2, so lots of details and world building.

Jokes on you it's already out IN JAPAN
Too bad i don't know moon so the only mode i play is arcade

THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.

Fix that ASAP, you owe it to yourself

Mount and Blade is merely an sandbox for autists to mingle, with no substance in story, let alone even a story or challenge. It's just grinding, fighting, rinse and repeat.
I don't know why people like Mount and Blade. the combat is shit too. Holla Forums truly has shit tastes in games

now here's a better game

I'm already learning one language, learning two at the same time would be fucking cancer

inb4 that one guy who is still mad about being shitposted at a year ago pops up

Good luck with that user. On the bright side, learning one language will help you learn "how" to learn a language, so to speak, so once you're proficient enough in that language you can start picking up Japanese.

The combat is great, but the """RTS""" aspect to it is fucking garbage.

Looks excellent for a single dude.

People like it because of how open-ended it is. The character is defined by the player.

Cyberpunk.

The only games i'm actually anticipating are dragon quest builders 2 and the witch and the hundred knight 2.

im dreading the release of banerlord. how are they going to fuck it up? too good to be true.

your first and foremost complaint is that the game has no story, which you equate to substance. you sound like a massive nu-casual. how did you even find this board?

At 49:30 of embed related.
please note I said it LOOKED like Ronin, I don't know if the actual gameplay is what I think it is or not.

This.

That came out a year ago.

nisamerica.com/games/the-witch-and-the-hundred-knight-2/

thanks for getting my hopes up, jerk.

You're not fooling anyone

You're fucking mentally challenged

this is the best lolcow this board has ever produced

Why on Earth would you wait a year for a censored and glitchy fuckover of a game? Just get the real game nigger.

im not happy about that either, but i dont understand moonrunes.

o.k.

And stop shilling this chink garbage OP

Pretty much only this and more news about Warband, maybe Scorn.
Fact this guy had guts to say these things tell me he will have some guts in game story and I could use something more gritty.

You can't even point towards M&B flaws like a really slow grind at the mid/endgame and shit tier siege A.I.
Instead you complain about the top tier combat every time because you're that insecure about Souls combat like you've illustrated countless times while shitting up M&B threads.

No brain, no spine, no relevant arguments
Don't even try to reply, I won't reply to your sorry ass as you're so autistic that you end up moving the goalposts and derailing thread all the time.

I head Scorn is getting overhauled and the dev is removing a shitton of puzzles and streamlining the shit out of it.
I hope Agony turns out decent at the very least least

pure autism is on display right now, witness it boys, what should we call it?

is this series any good? i keep seeing it being mentioned. the 1st one looks like one of those story games with minimal gameplay, even by jrpg standards. i hear theres no depth either. is this true?
is the 2nd expected to be better or more of the same?

m&b combat is much better than souls. souls youre restricted to the moveset of the equipped weapons and you need to lock-on but that's ok since the game is more about dodging and movement than attacking. m&b you can choose left/right/smash/stab and blocking left/right/center/top simultaneously, and thats not even getting into the archery and polearms.
the feeling of a well timed joust hitting its mark, right in the face is so satisfying, its addictive

it's just you, user. call it whatever you want.

I keep it on maybe because I've heard it was kikestarter project. It is good to hear I was right about that.

never played a souls game but damn you're really hyping up mount & blade combat like its anything good, it's pretty basic bitch directional combat shit with a mild physics gimmick

Again, the sooner you solve that problem, the happier and more fulfilling a life you'll live if vidya is at all your thing

Never played the first but the second one is a hack and slash JRPG with top tier visuals and base building/RTS mechanics so I'm really liking what I see plus Level 5 is known for delivering good shit.
This will never not be true, the skill ceiling is also much higher.

I can't really remember the details but some user made a really well structured post with a source explaining all of it.
From what I remember the demo was linear but still free roam, after seeing feedback (likely from redditors and Twitch cancer) the dev said he would be streamlining and removing that free roam.
We'll have to see I guess

wew are you in for a surprise satan, set those expectations high so I can see you crash and burn
kuk

ankle deep tbh

Don't compare Dark Souls with Mount & Blade, faggot.
t. m&b player

ANY DAY NOW

I'm just waiting for the inevitable ID hop so he can pretend someone else has his objectively wrong uneducated opinion

I think there was some leak about it being held back for e3 2018, and was originally supposed to be shown at sony's e3 2017 conference. if that's the case it's probably late in production and will likely be out around fall

It's going to be DD2 with assets lifted from Deep Down
:^)

when i got the hang of the combat, i found it to be really fun and satisfying. the game gives you so much control during combat and i havnt even really got into the tactics and commands.

i've tried. as the thread repeatedly explains, i CANNOT learn japanese.

interesting concept satan. i just hope the 2nd stands on it's own and isn't connected to the 1st, which looks like shit.

Don't
This the same guy that in this thread posted about Japan domination and then posted that he never played Dark Souls.

ANY DAY NOW

As long as Itsuno is on the job I am okay with that.

I found it to be slow and easy
it's nothing complicated, just simple orders your troops follow, doesn't help very much as you're still the most viable unit out of all of the ones you have and battles are mostly won by having well trained troops & numbers and understanding what makes for good counters to the troops the opposing army has. you'll still be doing the majority of the heavy lifting in combat unless you want to lose a disproportionate amount of units. kinda reminds me of a musou in that fashion, except far less flashy and instead of being entertaining for 30 minutes it's entertaining for 5 imo

its why you should be skeptical of the second, because the first was pretty bad and who knows if level 5 can deliver

I told mark they would show it at e3 2017, then they didn't, then the leak came out that they were going to and now its 2018
see, never wrong

well I'll be damned

This clown is using a Resetera "leak" post as a reference
Why are you still replying to him?

Because I feel like it

this clown has been mad at some guy for calling his game autistic for over a year now, he's clearly not capable of good judgement

joking aside I actually do firmly believe it. Considering remarks from the director, the leaks, it would line up pretty realistically, just wait for e3

FUCK YOU

everything you say about m&b just sounds like you played the game for a few hours, didnt get it, got mad at it, then dismissed it. and since you never elaborate on it's difficulty, it looks like you only called it easy so nobody accuses you of just losing and getting mad at the game. in what way is this game easy?

tactics matter when the battles get huge, and youre only that powerful if youre playing on all the easiest settings.

yea, thats why i am skeptical of it, but according to satan, theyre really taking it in a different direction, so at the very least it's worth keeping an eye out for.

Son, this guy just compared M&B with Musoushit, and gave no argument as why Ni No Kuni 2 will be shit, why are you still replying to him?
This faggot is cuckchan lite

They lie I managed to do it well enough that I pretty much only play vidya in Jap now

How did you do it user?

that's so impressive that i actually don't believe you. like at all. and if you somehow prove that you can speak/understand japanese, i'm going to just assume that you either lived in japan, grew up speaking it, or something along those lines. theres literally no way you can convince me.

stop telling me who im allowed to talk to, youre not my mother. probably.

Started with classes in high school/university, and from there kinda just started ramming myself head first into vidya, manga, anime, and tokusatsu. It wasn't easy by any means, but it's one of those things that the more you do it the easier it gets.

I AM currently living in Japan, and have been for the past two years, but I'd dropped playing Japanese vidya in English a while before moving here, so that had nothing to do with it. Definitely didn't grow up speaking it though.

user you haven't called in a almost a year

No such thing where I live
Nah, it can't be that easy, I watched and played shittons of English media but I still needed shitton of English classes to have a solid grasp on the English language.

David Kun?

I think I had 20 in the original and since warband came out a few weeks after I got the original, I think I had about 40 in total in that. couldn't tell you off the top of my head.

what's not to get? It's a pretty simple action rpg as far as depth goes, all the stats and skills are self explanatory. There's nothing really complicated about it.

It's not really the kind of game I'd get emotional at tbh

I only really focused on changing battle speed to be higher, and it makes the game require slightly better reflexes but I wasn't impressed and reading enemies became too easy to hold my interest. Otherwise I kept most settings at normal/average because I don't see much value in "hurr you take more damage" difficulty settings and 'am more interested in meaningful changes as far as difficulty goes.

they're only fun when they are huge, but can get pretty cluster fuckey when it comes to sieges. In the case of sieges they became really repetitive when it was just shoot arrows as the flood of my guys makes their way up the ladder until I can enter the battlements, then focus on stabs until the enemy is mostly dead and clean up the rest from there.

outdoors battles can drag on a bit against large armies, especially when they start fleeing and they're in an inconvenient location relative to the map border.

all that said, this isn't what the thread is about so:

watch for yourself, it looks different but I'm not convinced it looks good. its a step up from a mediocre pokemon action rpg but don't get ahead of yourself.

that sounds like fun, did you go to comiket?

i still dont believe you. how did you learn initially?

you neglected to mention what makes this game easy. also, thats not what i meant about "getting" it. and i only thought it was an action RPG when all i did was combat training, they notion went out the window as soon as i started playing the game.

i've only ever played warband. why would you get warband if you hated m&b?

warband had just come out at the time and was a notable improvement over the first game. I mentioned what makes it easy, but I'll reiterate: the combat has easily managed enemies and the enemies are easily read and don't act very differently from one another. the changes that you can make to the difficulty are mostly inconvenient or don't really change very much, with combat speed being the most effective one at modifying the difficulty.

Unless there's some hidden game I never discovered in my ~60 combined hours of conquesting, besieging, and battling lords & kings, doing boring side quests and favors, then it's not a game for me.

Honestly, they were pretty subpar anyway, but they forced me to do the boring repetitive starting work to build basic vocabulary and grammar. The structure and having it affect my GPA is what helped, rather than the classroom environment per se or the teachers. If you can discipline yourself to get through the boring start up parts, you shouldn't need it.

It wasn't easy, and god knows I made lots of mistakes and misunderstandings on the way, but each thing made the next thing easier. As you go along, not only do you pick up more vocabulary and grammar, you also start to pick up on nuances of thought, how humor works, and of course good ol' cultural assumptions that influence how the language works.

Nah, I live in Nara, and for the cost and effort involved it simply isn't worth it when I can get most of the stuff either online or by dropping into stores in Nipponbashi in Osaka after the fact. I might do it sometime for the experience of it, but I wouldn't bother to do it if I was actually chasing a specific product.

Started with classes in high school, like I said, forced me to go through the boring shit for my grades, which was good since it gave me the basis and structure so I could go about plunging myself into shit.

we've really had enough of your shilling in the general, I don't think you're going to change any minds with your potshot.

It's obvious that you've never played the game

take your own advice and fuck off any time

For what?

The people shilling for World are trying to appropriate our own language against us without actually knowing what it means. They're also trying to make it seem like there's only one person who has a negative opinion of World, and that literally everyone else loves it.

land units and cavalry do not act the same. increasing the AI makes a huge difference.
if you get outnumbered, they flank you and your units, getting hit in the back is fucking DEVASTATING.
so you spent ~60 hours, so i assume you were a king. did you manage to never lose a fief or have any razed? how did you fund your army? right now money is my biggest issue. did you get married? how did you get your right to rule? how many castles did you take for yourself? how did you keep your vassals loyal? were you ever able to "own" a city?

I changed my mind now that I've seen how butthurt you got after I replied.
I mean you're the guy complaining about a game being autistic while playing a game where you have to get pickups on the other side of the map to get new reskinned weapons and where you do the same goddamned thing every map.

EDF is amazing, Mount&Blade is amazing and you're a shitter.

user you're a regular on the MH thread and your feelings about MHW are posted everytime in a very similar manner.

You're not fooling anyone, it's always the same fucking stupid arguments in every MH thread, it's obviously not just a coincidence and it's obviously a coordinated effort. If you are really that autistic to continue doing this for free consider reevaluating your life and consider actually playing the beta. Otherwise I don't think its a coincidence that the first MH game ever to utter the word "international" in any interview is instantly preyed upon by (((competitive local interests))) despite the fact that the changes are really not that monumental.
Equals out because it takes at least twice as long if not more and you can't sprint, I hate to bring this game up but the comparison between Dark Souls 1 estus and Dark Souls 2 estus is appropriate here.
Fast travel to 4 camps because the map is 4 times as large. Tons of devices for traversing the level quickly. Level design is not a vaccuum.
This argument is frankly retarded on its face. Just because Oblivion was shit does not mean all games with fast travel before and after it came out are shit. You can't fast travel to the monster and the AI doesn't just hover next to camps. In fact my experience from the beta is that maps are even more difficult to navigate at first.
Just ignore them, seriously.
The only legitimate complaint I've seen regarding this game so far
Now that I've exhausted your playbook, we're done.

wew

I wasn't a regular even before, and recently I've stopped visiting them entirely until World comes out at least to see if the shitstorm they've devolved into calms down.

Oh yeah one more.
Except they aren't that large, only appear in specific areas so you have to hope the monster goes there, and theres friendly fire.

The World shills will be even worse when the game comes out so I wouldn't count on that.

No, it's just stating an uneducated opinion with no arguments backing it up.
Shitting on a game can be seen as shilling if the objective is to shit on it's competition, but theres barely none in this case.

You aren't thinking like a (((market analyst))). All video games within a certain budget range are competition. This is why so many games tried to ape Call of Duty after Modern Warfare was so popular, even though it never worked because CoD attracted a very unique audience (in terms of those who normally play video games). It's not a fucking coincidence that this is the first MH which has had some effort put into it to appeal to people outside of Japan and now the shitflinging has increased tenfold. Every dollar you don't spend on Game A is potential dollars you might spend on Game B.

i dunno about that guy, but i kinda lost interest when i saw how much superficial stuff they added. its not a "hunt", but it never was, but they add in this bloated "hunt the prey" stuff.
if that was the purpose of the game, that'd be fine, but in a game where the job is to kill the same enemy repeatedly, the last thing you want to do is replay superficial "put the bait down" kind of shit over and over.

i dont know if it will be shit, but im not a big fan of the stuff they added in an effort to make the game bigger. it kinda just looks like filler. i dont know if it'll be shit, im just skeptical at this point. i'll wait for it to be out for a while before deciding to pick it up.

Your post is rather different from "DON'T BUY THIS GAME IT'S OBJECTIVELY WORSE BECAUSE I SAID SO," which is what the guy I replied to said. I personally enjoyed the beta because I find that the weapons are very satisfying to use, especially Lance and LBG. I timed the hunts from the beta and they weren't any longer than average hunts from previous games. Players much better than myself also got very fast times on Rathalos and even I think Diablos using the shitty beta gear. It will take longer to get used to the maps because they're larger; that was what I noticed, and that will slow you down. I can see how parts of the beta would be frustrating but overall it was less casualized than I feared.

I would say being able to move while shooting alone counts as a pretty monumental change, albeit only for those weapons. That said, it's also indicative of the larger move in game design away from forcing you to dedicate yourself to your actions and letting you get out of just about anything, like the mobile healing and the repositioning while charging GS hits.

Not really, it takes like a second more.

You can move faster than a normal walk but not as fast as a sheathed run.

2-2.5x as large.

They've confirmed you can't remove them.

It's not exactly unusual to have monsters who go all over an area, and if anything most people feel that friendly fire is less prevalent than in previous games.

How convenient that you ignore things like being able to access that item box at the base camps you can freely teleport to freely heal and fully restock on all items and swap out gear at any time mid-quest, or the mantles that can give buffs the equivalent of 50+ Skill Points worth of Skills which is itself on top of the Skills your Armor gives you (which it's guaranteed to give you with no minus skills at all,) or the fact that you literally can't fail mounts due to the game auto grappling you back on the monster even if you don't press a single button, or the cut scenes where monsters ignore the players to play out a battle cinematic where in addition to letting the players freely beat on them without repercussion, they end up doing massive damage values to each other for free.

Most of the time the marketing budget doesn't last past the first month after launch, so it'll likely die down, though I predict we won't see it being overwhelmed by people who've played the game and can point out why all the shills are full of shit until the PC release comes out, since most of the people genuinely interested in World want it because they want a MonHun native to PC that isn't Frontier.

The shitflinging increased because in the effort to make Monster Hunter appeal to people outside of Japan, they made it dumbed down as hell. If anything, the push towards the West is why you're seeing so many blindly rabid defenders for World that you are.

Yes. I fucking love this shit. Nothing makes moving around better than dashing the fuck around then straight into a group of enemies.
Shame it's for PS4, I'd pirate test it then buy it if it was good and on PC.
That fucking special attack better need button mashing though. I hate those attacks where you just press a button then watch your character do flips and shit and kill everyone for 30 minutes.

i completely missed the beta. im just not a fan of filler. reminds me of a certain other game i play that im not going to mention in fear of shitting up this thread more than it currently is.
but see, in both you end up "farming" certain enemies/bosses so you can upgrade your shit, or get parts for weapons. in mh, you would run to the boss and kill it, in the game i play, you do the same, except they put the boss FAR from you to make the mission last longer, however this isnt bad because the movement system is really fun.
i feel like mh is like this, but to negate this problem, the new mh says "instead of just running there, howbout we make you do some shit first?" which looks like filler, and looks like it'd get real tedious, real fast.

It's still coming to PC like it originaly was planned, just later because of Sony money.
It looks like shit though and we got an autist shilling it.

Battalion 1944 looks interesting

Yeah, you're going to call me blindly rabid. Fine. I'm just a little sick of seeing arguments like the one I posted. Yes, one guy did try to argue that maps being larger makes the game objectively worse, in a total vaccuum.
I don't know what version of MH you're used to, but frankly you're just full of it. Previous games had instant, not gradual healing. The tradeoff is that you can move even though the healing is not instant. Sitting through a 2 second (as an example) animation to heal is way better if you heal instantly at the 1 second mark instead of linearly throughout the 2 seconds. You get more health faster, which is better even if you get hit in the other second while you are flexing. And that isn't even accounting for the fact that it takes longer.
I never understand this argument. Monster Hunter was never a particularly difficult game if you wanted to take the easiest route possible at every junction. Judging a game's difficulty by the easiest route you can possibly take is silly. They didn't dumb down the AI or the map design from what I've seen yet.
Er, sure, I guess they've never had one of their gunners paralyze all of the blademasters by shooting a plant while the monster is on the ground. It's a good thing my opinions are not democratic.

I'm just waiting for the end of the banner saga trilogy.

Never said anything about you specifically, unless you're going to claim to be every single person defending World, which you're a bit too eloquent to be.

You said that healing takes "twice as long", which would still be instant, so I assumed you were comparing the total animation time from pressing Square/Y to the end of the flex from the original games to the total time from pressing Square to the end of the healing in World.

Except for the part that you can dodge attacks that would've hit you with the old system.

As far as I can tell there's no way to turn off the auto-saving for mounts, nor a way to turn off the monsters attacking each other to make them only attack the player, so I'm guessing you didn't actually read what I had to say in favor of just trying to blanketly dismiss it.

You mean those environmental traps that you just were talking about being small, uncommon, and unlikely to stumble into? I guess that compensates for the fact that players aren't staggering each other constantly with attacks that would have done it in the past though really, multiplayer isn't the place to go to talk about difficulty regardless

You CAN, but not very well, AND if you get hit then the potion is at least partly wasted because it also stops your gradual healing. In previous games it's a binary thing: I've either drank my potion and got full healing, or I'm still raising the potion to my lips in which case the potion is not wasted. There was no such thing as potion wasting in the older games. My point is that whether this makes the game easier or harder is highly debatable and I can tell you that I would personally prefer to have the old healing. It's not a casualized thing.
I honestly know fuck all about this mechanic, unless you're referring to the grappling hook flying thing, so pardon my ignorance. I try to keep a balance of knowing things about upcoming games that I actually want to play so I still have something left to surprise me.
You can just dung bomb the one you don't want to fight if you want a real solo hunt, like the older games unless they have removed that for some reason; I don't seem to remember them being in the beta. I admit the faggy simulationist in me thinks it's kinda cool the animations look pretty sweet but the novelty will probably wear off on me.
They're small enough to require good timing on the part of the person activating the trap, but obviously if the monster is in radius, most if not all of the blademasters will be in radius if they are trying to wail on him. Other folks I've argued with acted like each monster hunt will be like having a party of 4 dual blade hunters following you around with paralysis on hit thanks to the prevalence of these traps also I will say that the animations for DB in World are gay as fuck.

Oh, I thought it was PS4 only.
Hopefully it'll be fun and not be denuvo, but since there's a fag shilling it, it'll probably have one or both.

Please be good

Please don't let the new one be banned, otherwise it's suffering for kiwifags

Cautiously optimistic, abandoned all my hope for other else.

Wait is Pathologic next year? I should really keep track of the shit I'm waiting for

fuck off back to >>>/halfchan/

We call it an objective opinion. You, however, are an absolute fucking faggot.

It was delayed to Q2 2018, yeah

imagine being this mad

Fallout 5

I knew that this was going to happen eventually but I purposely ignored you 68f742 i know who you are so the shitposting wouldnt start earlier on.
Can you guys please shut the fuck up and keep your incessant shit-flinging in /mhg/ please.
This is not the tread for your arguing, keep it in there please.

68f742 your not going to change anyone's minds either, people already know what they need to know about world and its not like your bitching and shitting up threads would stop them from buying it anyways, their minds are set.

I'm gonna get this for ps vita and I'm hyped about SMT5 but I don't think it will come out this year.

I dunno, I never really found the two comparable.
I like Mount and Blade's combat, especially Jousting, but any sort of 1 on 1 swordfight is kinda meh, especially against the AI. Controlling which direction you swung was also never as responsive for me as I'd like.
The thing that really sold Dark Souls' combat to me was the hitboxes in 1, and how you could get into situations like these, only narrowly avoiding the enemy's counterattack. Something about this, specifically, is deeply satisfying to me. It's a shame that later games in the series just removed poise and made this sort of stuff pointless.
While its movesets are more restricted, this lends itself well to a video game. the way M&B does it is that every weapon has the same moveset, with mild to miniscule differences in speed, reach, and damage. Although, I will say that it's definitely more realistic; Choosing when to move back and block and when to move forward and attack is close to real life HEMAfaggotry. Doesn't translate well to a vidya game though.

they don't even look remotely comparable, mount & blade is a sandbox for autists but the souls games seem level based, the comparison just came from an ass mad autist and i wouldn't even give it much thought

It's a valid comparison, it just never occurred to me to make it before. Also, 'seem' level based? Have you not played any of them before?

Monster Hunter: World
Metro: Exodus
Cyberpunk 2077 (hopefully)
System Shock (2018)

That's about it right now. I might not even get half of those I listed.

never played any souls games

Then why are you so upset over someone comparing them and M&B? That's just silly.

Black Magic.

I'm saying the premise seems absurd from what I've seen and I don't see why anyone would compare them.

Clearly, that's not true. You shouldn't talk and get upset about games you can't even put the effort into pirating and playing for 10 minutes. with a few reasonable exceptions, of course

guess i never should have agreed with you that the two aren't really comparable

Ok, m8

Game just began the development. You aren't going to see it till 2019-2020. It will be very funny if it will be released in 2020 though, maybe that's the real thing CDPR had planned, to make the release symbolic to the original Cyberpunk 2020.

I think it's more likely that they fucked up since they apparently scrapped a shitload of stuff they had already made for the game.

Probably because it was too sexist/racist. Remember CDPR is favorite company of Obama himself.

>Pokemon Switch
Only ones I give a shit about.

Butterlord, I just wish they would show the game off some more. all I know is that the graphics will be better and the sieges will be a bit better.

Bannerlord.
Oh, sorry, I thought it was 2108 in the title.

DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME

Presuming this one actually gets released this year.

Just saw this e3 trailer, see how amazing these graphics are!

I hope Starfield comes out this year. I'm just curious of how it will turn out. It's going to be the first Bethesda game without gamebyro in 1 and a half decade. Supposedly, it's going to be like Daggerfall and Arena in an alien setting.

You little nigger.

you're fucking stoned. Anyone here can talk shit about god of war, say "its not as good as DMC or ninja gaiden etc. etc." and I'd agree but at least it had the decency to actually be an action game.The moment you're given gameplay in god of war 3, roughly 3 minutes after the initial cutscene you're in full control and immediately fighting a screen full of enemies. The whole series had the classic sony-patent pretty-backdrops but you could still keep moving because it didn't insult the player by slowing you down to make sure you look at it. You've got this kid AI partner with you now too and everyone knows how awesome having to babysit an AI for a whole game is. He'll either be a fucking nuisance or just a door-opener and free-kill enabler. Even old-gows cinematic finishers were either player-enabled on mob enemies or saved for the big finale on bosses. It was a game and didn't pretend to be otherwise, you went in you killed the enemies, solved the puzzles, killed the boss.

i'd take a million years of edgy kratos over this fucking brand of humor too. Everything has to be snarky and slightly ironic now too which is just a testament to how gutless the devs are with their own fucking product.

Ah, the Warband autist again. How is your lack of coordination treating you, fag?

I wonder why apng files are so rare. They've been around for ages yet gif is way more popular even though it's shit for video animations.

NONE

ABSOLUTELY NONE

IT'S ALL SHIT

Small VN that one guy is making. I've played the demo and it brought warmth to my cold heart.

aw man

My only concern is that they added that unintuitive trichording exploit in deliberately this time. Seriously, this was not a welcome skill. It was something annoying you had to learn to win.

Simply because for a long time it was only supported in Firefox and the PNG group couldn't get over the failure of MNG. That's changing now though. It's finally made its way into Chrome and the base Webkit library (meaning Safari + Opera). Now Microsoft is the only one holding it back.

>>>/apng/597

True, but the combat is good and multiplayer is fun.

ashen, sea of thieves, my time at portia, ooblets, ffxv for pc, news on terraria otherworld. inb4 shit taste

Kill yourself

This reminds me of those old games like Another World and whatsitsname

It's really funny.
GoW used to have some good points to it, like tits and gore, something you won't be seeing in AAA video games again for a long, long time.
People used to shit on it because it was QTE riddled trash with shallow combat, but at least it was a consistent and somewhat enjoyable button masher.
If you got a GoW game on your hands, you knew what you were getting even if you only knew about the series through hearsay.

The new one just goes to show that every game series is going to get a politically and socially correct makeover.

Even from a story point the whole thing makes no sense. Are these niggers seriously trying to make the world's angriest retard who literally DESTROYED THE WORLD into some sort of father figure character who rage-teleported onto norse mythology planet? This shit is mind boggling

I'm very interested in finding out their reasons for making the game like that.
This kind of re-branding goes against all logic. People know who Kratos is and what he does, but the guy in the trailer is not him.

I can enjoy a nice pair of vidya tiddies and some mindless action every now and then even if I don't like button mashers all that much.
That looks nothing like the previous games.
Who is going to want to play it?

Looking forward to Soul Calibur 6.

I hope that rage mechanic wouldn't be too shitty.

And yet the industry keeps doing it time and again to tons and tons of games.

They're aiming for the crowd of PS4 owners whose knowledge extends to "Hey, I saw that guy on a PS2 box! This must be a gamer game because it's an old franchise!"
And a bunch of old cucks who actually played the old games will buy this one due to brand recognition, God only knows why.
I don't mean it can't end up being good, but these groups of people will buy it either way and Sony is expecting that.

Probably what this guy says and the TLoU crowd.

this

You better be lying dubsman.

I wish, I want more Bekzinsky and Giger art design in games.
But if they're complete shit, then what's the point?

I'm really hoping this'll be SWAT 5
they've been silent as fuck on all their social medias.

A pretty good handful:

I'm rather hopeful

Dragon's Dogma 2 has been confirmed in the works?

Looking forward for this one too. Vávra's got a good track record, so hopefully this game will be at least half of what it promises

I'll still pirate before I buy, though

You are full of shit. Vávra went full sperg about Skyrim back in 2011, shitting on it relentlessly, as well as shitting on Bethesda. He even went as far as to compile a list of "100+ things I hate about Skyrim" which was essentially an ongoing rant about how much he despises that game and the studio behind it. Caught a lot of hate for it from the reddit crowd, too.

Some choice quotes from his list:

What they've done to balance it out is give you three kind of set-ups to determine the effectiveness of trichording: one where your base movement speed is normal but the movement speed bonus of trichording is the usual as it always was, one where your base movement speed is slightly higher but the effects of trichording (and bichording) is barely noticeable at all, and an inbetween kind of option which is a middleground between single thruster speed and trichording speed.

So if you don't want to trichord around all the time, you can pick the All-Way movement option so you can get a higher single thruster speed to balance out not being able to trichord.

Personally I think trichording is fairly fun and that every FPS needs some kind of movement technique like bunnyhopping or strafejumping you can master to get around faster since holding down forwards to move around is boring when doing so for long periods of time, that way you at least have something to do with your fingers. Also it isn't as easy to aim while trichording given your limited turning speed. There's afterburners, but they're not quite the same.

Hopefully that means they are working hard at making the best SWAT experience since SWAT 4.

Nope. Itsuno has just been saying he's been working on something. Said he would reveal it last year but the either the jap lied or Sony forced him to hold back so they have something to show this E3 instead of the same boring tripe we've been seeing for the past few years.