WE MAKIN' MOVIES NOW!

At one point in gaming did everyone on the publishing/directing side of things decide that it was a good idea to LOSE THEIR FUCKING MINDS and stop making everything they had made them successful up to the point? This isn't a thread to bash games attempting to be more "cinematic" because we have more than enough examples of games already making it work, such as DMC, Parasite Eve, and Second Sight. What I'm more talking about is when they decided to take everything that had been learned about game development over the past 20 years, throw it off a cliff, and then proceed to spend the next decade making films that have "gameplay elements".

To be honest you wouldn't give a damn if you actually played video games and not constantly browsing for new social fad in gaming. Multiplayer dudebro shit is not dying.

Pic 5 needs to be updated now.
Not only did we get an updated version of the worst-aged game in the series, but Prime 4 is in development and rumoured for this year. Samus Returns sold well enough and, amiibo shit aside (just keep it as cosmetics or "boosters" like free health and shit, not actual locked content), was a decent game, although autists will always complain that a game made by teams of people from a different culture on a different continent doesn't precisely cater to their specific tastes and fetishes.

Both of those happened because Nintendo was shown-up by a bunch of nobodies.

It's almost like what made those games great were the teams behind them and not one fucking dude.

We play games here cuckboy.

Jewtendo are truly the worst for treating samus like this

you do realize that game isn't cinematic back then is because of technology constraint. If they can, they would. One of the first game that have cinematic cutscenes on snes is ninja gaiden

Well, there were a couple of super popular "cinematic" games, and the bugmen, as always proceeded to completely misinterpret what made those games good.
Add to that that as video games became more popular, they attracted more suits who never played a video game in their lives, who are the kinds of people to say things like "games should be more like movies" because that sounds good on paper if you have no idea what you're talking about.
Add to that failed film directors who end up working in video games, failed movie critics and journalists who end up working as video game reviewers, and are desperate for the medium they find themselves saddled with to "grow up" and "become something more respectable" so they can finally look their peers in the eye.
Add to that lunatic ideologues, who want to stamp out challenge for being exclusionary, and turn every piece of entertainment into a bite sized propaganda vehicle for whatever the social struggle of the minute might be, to be consumed and tossed by the wayside just in time for the next one.

How are things with the "ladies" eh, cuckboi?
We won't consent with just having our games. We will work means to get the shitty ones urged from the industry.
Games are for Gamers only.

This.
That is why it is ok to do anything possible to harm profits and careers of those idiots.

Mentioning that reminds me of the arcade over in Russia with the Soviet era games, and my general curiosity of if any of them are any good.

I have no mouth yet I must laugh

Didn't you already make this exact thread?

Wait no I'm retarded carry on.

There were always movie games, but it was really the maturation of optical storage that allowed for putting large amounts of video content on a game which opened the door for pretentious hacks who belong in the television and film industry like Kojima to push movies into video games. The biggest push into cinemaplay came with the PS1.

It's all a power play to keep out competition by ramping up production costs and it almost worked. Too bad the people they put in charge of the directing process were all complete fucking retards who couldn't make something better than a SyFy channel original.

See, we tried to tell you the answers to these questions, but you called us racist and told us to go back to Holla Forums. You deserve to see everything you loved be destroyed.

I liked Don Bluth until I realized that he was a virtue signalling tool like every other shit in Pedowood.

Truly makes one angry doesn't it? or depressed whichever (It's like the whole FF Type-0 translation fiasco except here the salt is even moreso over a fucking fan game no less)

fucking this
I consider that kind of a blessing in disguise. That truly does prove that no amount of money can blur what is true real talent or at least proper fucking skills no matter what kind of bullshit they try to do (and they really fucking tried) For every David Cage shill there's always going to be at least that one dude who fucking knows DMC3 and Ace Combat Zero/5/4 are better stories than 99% of all the recent dogshit. i hope we survive so we can continue to rustle normies how shit their taste is

That reminds me, does anyone actually give a fuck about The Last of Us and other terrible movie games beyond the marketing campaigns? Because the money they funneled into them is far more substantial than the quality of the games themselves.

That Other M cap still hurts.

Unless someone actually made cat girls/ furries real, you should go read a biology textbook.

You should try going out and actually meeting a real woman

Faggot you clearly do not know what heat in your own context means then.

I know exactly what I mean, cock jockey

Evidently you do not you illiterate semen slurper.

I'm sorry you're incapable of esoteric thought you autist

No amount of memery is gonna hide your retardation.

No amount of replies are going to change your learning disability

Yet you keep digging yourself further.

Oh user.

Good thing nobody is going to bully me

Wow! You do actually understand allusion!

So you have absolutely no comprehension of the words you're using, got it. You sound as stupid as you look.

I hope you don't mean to imply that you were using allusion in any of your posts, cause you either don't know the meaning of the word or don't know how to use it.

Calm down, autist

Shan't.

Now kiss

It's a figure of speech you bleating autismos. It's an old-as-shit colloquialism for "extremely horny". Christ.

go back to >>>/girltalk/

Pedowood kikes make millions and grab lots of tits. Gaming industry autists struggle to pay the rent on their studio apartments and only get to grab their own tits. Does this answer your question OP?

A thread died for this.

Women actually do tend to be considerably more lewd and sexually interested for about a week or so before their period because it's their body trying to get them to attract a mate when they're most fertile
That's why women who are around that time make more as strippers compared to when they're on their period and are less sexualized in their movements and behavior