Space Thread: Makaan did nothing wrong Edition

Welcome to another Space Thread Captains,Admirals and Emperors. So gather around and share your stories,exploits,challanges and goals

So please come in and share in this great space thread.

Question for the thread, which Doctrine is best, the Eternal Doctrine or the Path of Now and Forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1261170146&searchtext=ThunderHawk
well-of-souls.com/homeworld/
youtube.com/user/weyrdmusicman/videos
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10770174
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10770274-anniversary-ship:-t6-bajoran-interceptor!
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10770174-eighth-anniversary-giveaways-200-marks!
sto.gamepedia.com/Starfleet_Assault_Cruiser_Technology_Set
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10774414-the-stats-of-the-discovery-lock-box!
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We saw what you did OP and it will never be forgotten

what did he do?

he dindu nuffin

What?

At least i have my federation with bunch of losers in.

to know is to suffer

Mark loves fixing breads for free.

I asked for an edit.

Thanks mod.

I should make time to play Homeworld. Last I heard the remaster is shit, right?

Path of Now and Forever. For one simple reason, play the game and find out who wins when you do nothing. Clearly that's the best doctrine.

The Eternal Doctrine wins. Path of Now and Forever is either fallow slave or battle thrall stick choice, just after they bomb you back to the stone age.

Oh, fuck. Thought it was the other way around. Well yeah, exterminating all xenos is the way to go

3 images of my first attempt of creating a small craft.

Also an image of my improved home

Picked up Elite Dangerous over Christmas, and I've basically been space trucking all day while listening to classical piano tunes. Very comfy time so far, though I wish I encountered more other players. Maybe I'll pick up bounty hunting and see how that goes.

What space game has best graphics? Anything that looks as good as Space Engine with texture pack?

noice
I wouldnt call that craft small exactly, I mean you can create any sub capital ship size with them but I personally stick with a small and compact fighter that can fit inside some of the bigger installations
also dont put the rocket launchers so far back, they have a tendency to make the projectiles despawn when another part of the craft is in the way of aiming, optimally you want them as noseguns to eliminate the issue

Has Empyrion advanced beyond the point of being a mess of coarsely-sized static (non-custom) functional parts, universally homicidal wildlife, shitty dungeons and no meaningful PvE with alien outposts sitting around doing nothing? I haven't touched it in I don't know how long, but I recognized those block shapes.

I thought that they had a tendency to blow up the craft if the ship turns in the way of the projectiles. Did they bother to fix that?

the rockets simply despawn

The graphical overhaul is pretty nice, but they broke everything and completely fucked up the first of the two games.

ED for me is the biggest disappointment ever, that engine deserve more than a poorly stiched together mess of instances. Multiplayer was a mistake. That said, if you want to me people before the inevitable population drop as people realize it is a shit game, go to CGs.

No Man's Sky

no mans sky is stylish but the grafix themselves are pretty basic and TERRIBLY optimized
spess engine is the most grafix you will ever get

Nothing. No space game in recent years has been enticing to me in any way. It's a dead genre that I have come to believe is just a carrot on a stick for whales who want their escapism so badly that everyone in the industry can just milk the fuck out of them.

In the next 30 years, we'll probably have more chance of actually going to real space than any semi-decent game developer has at making a spiritual successor to freelancer that isn't just vaporware or dead promises.

I have no idea how i was, since I only go into it 3 days ago, but it's fun.

Planets are small, but there's actual exploration and shit to do. Diverse wildlife, aliens/pirates to fight, old ruins and crashed ships to explore, villages to visit, people to trade with.
Lots of VERY different planets.

My biggest beef is that it's had to get to space from the planet I started on. No ores I need so I have to trade for them, and the traders always have a few in stock.

I was decent, tough I hated the balancing/scaling

Why do you think I said nothing, user?
Freelancer isn't perfect and I'm not gonna defend it's flaws, but there really is nothing I can remotely think of that's come out in the last decade with in-depth focus on combat that offers anything close to what freelancer had.

you can loot everything you need for spess from drones and enemy bases usually have endgame gear and ressources in AYY containers
6 boresight miniguns on a hovercraft should be enough to destroy outer base defenses without taking damage, double it up and you can literally buzzaw a base in half in search for the core without even going in if youre a pussy

freelancer is one of the most casual spess action games Ive ever played and its got simplistic as fuck combat
even fucking strike suit zero had better combat
go play evochron or some shit if you want recent spess sims

Pretty much this. What happens when you transfer a game that relies on projectile physics onto an engine that relies on RNG.

Are you for real? I really like Freelance for what it is but the combat has the depth of a kids swimming pool: Mines are pretty much useless, there are only two missiles worth a damn unless you really want to RP as pirate and the best layout is pretty much the same over all three of the best ships consisting of the Nomad cannons and the experimental ones. And then you just fly in circles until someone fucks up and eats a salvo

The earth is flat.

Space doesn't exist.

go play cod you adhd faggot

Tell me about Brabens latest attempts at making ED into a real game anons.

Well shit. You heard him, everyone. Pack up and go home.
fuck off reddit

Unless they've changed this in the last patch you can only have 6 of the same weapon type on a construction.

not unless you toggle it in the map creation screen fgt

Only if you're Chinese or Russian

0/10

You see this is the sort of post that comes from people who have literally never played any other space game other than Freelancer, which is why it is rightfully called baby's first space game.

so what do you think? ayy lmaos or not?

Never underestimate the power of autism.

I have some hopes for X4, the developers are communicating a lot with the player base and admitted Rebirth was a complete disaster.

Im going to play X3 for the first time. Many people have recommended it, so I will give a try. I presume I first play the Terran Conflict one, right? And do I need to install some mod to it even for the first time? Or any recomendation or tips I should know?

No mods first, do the terran conflict plot chain, read a wiki or look tutorial videos
CTRL+J make time go faster

It felt like aliens. My heart was actually pounding, I love this game.

Distant Worlds is probably the closest I've seen to the old Stars! forumla. Minus the customizable races unfortunately.

Why is trading so fucking satisfying in X3? I don't generally like space trucking but exploiting the working economy in the game just gets me fucking diamonds for some reason.

Because It satisfies your inner Jew.

i thought X3 was nothing but battles, also i think X4 is just around the corner

I thought they were trying to keep polishing the turd that is X Rebirth

I was hopeful for X4, but then the devs said they felt X3 had too many ships. Not going to waste my time with whatever shit they push out.

and you should feel ashamed and be bullied for being as retarded as to think so

Is there a game where I can play as a space trashman, exploring the wrecks of ruined ships for monetary gain at the risk of my life?

embed related allows for pic related

3030 Deathwar Redux. Pretty fun too.

That's absolutely horrendous, it's a flying brick with non-center axis projectile weapons- with a resultant huge convergence gap, because convergence doesn't exist in Empyrion unless they changed it- with superfluous drills on a craft that just isn't shaped right for mining. But those thin aerofoil blocks look sort of neat. Can you stick anything onto them, or are they just dead weight blocks you put on for show?

I guess they might be useful for making armor skirts on a hovercraft, if the visible air gap actually exists as far as the engine is concerned and would prevent splash/punch-through damage that two stacked blocks wouldn't.

its a test vehicle you dolt, the entire thing was built to test the XXL engine but I simply didnt bother to tear it down yet
I simply took the nearest availiable SV and slapped drills on it to show that it works

I'm not sure I follow how the drills show that the engine works, but if you say so, pardon my critique. Did they fix the engines so that spamming small thrusters isn't universally the most fuel, volume and weight efficient option under all circumstances, then? Is it actually worth it to build around a main larger scale engine now?

nigger its DRILLS on an SV, youre not allowed to place drills or harvest boxes on SVs in the base game
and no the giant engines are just for corvette sized SVs, you get no benefit whatsoever from using them on fighter sized ships since acceleration is irrelevant and max speeds are fixed

The latest system candidate for our Imperial Capital has been found

You're doing a mod? I was thinking about it too, something simple like a star system since I suck at art.

No, this is from vanilla. Found this system when exploring. Don't think it is procedurally generated either. Too much detail.

But, that system has everything you would need in that game.

Pretty elaborate system. I'm looking forward the next version with the revamped economy and colony building.

I haven't played in a year or so, I don't remember much of anything beyond the glaring problems I dealt with. No mining vessels just seems strange. Maybe they want to force people to try and make rotor arm harvesters instead of going the easy route of making a floating borehole driller?

When's this fixed max speed meme going to die? The speed ceilings devs set are always stupidly low, and all because these devs can't optimize clientside rendering or server sync worth a shit. Usually end up with a max slower than biplanes. Slower than civilian cars, for that matter. Even as badly optimized as these games tend to be, it can't be so bad that this slow a max is universally necessary.

theyre just desperately trying to justify the existence of HVs past early game instead of reworking them into something useful

So I decided to visit that abandoned reactor again

Well fug. I have cloning chamber back in the base, but now I'm without my upgraded weapons and my ship is still parked near the reactor. My bike is gone too.

Now I have to build a small hower-vehicle to get me back to my corpse.

Make a small CV. They have mining turrets

or you just go full retard and attach a t2 drill HV on the hull of a small CV and completely obliterate a roid in a minute

or you just use the fix I posted that allows for drills to be mounted on SVs

Given that they are only good planet-side, SV's are superior by default.

What they COULD do to make HV's more viable is to give them greater weapon carry capacity.

I'd say Deadnauts, but that's more of an odd squad RTS type of thing that just takes place aboard space derelicts. I can personally recommend Cryptark, though, if you're looking to shoot your way through said wrecks to shut down their AI cores and loot them for profit. The devs are even making a first-person sequel called Gunhead. Also, I'll join in recommending 3030 Deathwar Redux–not only does it have lots of salvaging, looting, and fighting in space, it's practically worth the price of admission for the story and humor alone. There's also Deep Sky Derelicts, which seems to be a sort of Darkest Dungeon in Space, but I haven't played it so I have no idea if it's any good.

HVs do have superior combat capability planetside already because they can have turrents and SVs cant
the problem with HVs is that their exclusive nieche that makes them nessesary is mining, and its ill-fitting and works terribly as is considering you have to jump through hoops to use them on a roid, the most sensible place to employ a mining rig

My first attempt at making an open cockpit SV. It's ugly and cramped, but it gets the job done.
Unless you land on too steep of a slope, then you can't fit through the narrow corridor.
And don't stand too long on the ramp leading to the cockpit, or you'll get burned by the generator.

Ive fucked around in creative and it appears as long as theres no limit on a total block count in a vehicle, you could build a CV that completely encloses an asteroid, slap a bunch of gravity gens for coverage, and then just use an HV that way

mildly claustrophobic/10
also its mighty impractical considering that if youre about to get rekt, you dont have direct access to the cockpit and the thing does not have automated defenses, which means you have to run all the way around it just to take off
you want at least some way to access the seat from the outside

You can try mine:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1261170146&searchtext=ThunderHawk

I removed all weapons to make it cheap to produce. Requires Lvl15 and about 120 Cobalt Ingots (you can buy it from the Mining Hub or on the space station in orbit).

Tons or room, storage space, fridge, mini-fabricator, fuel, warp capable, with room for many weapons.
I personally suggest 6 gattling on the far wings, 4 missile launchers mid-wing and railguns beneath the cockpit.

Also, more tips:
TO GET MAD DOSH:
- make medium armors and sell them at the space station. They sell for 32000
- buy gold ingots on the space station (for about 230-280 a piece) and sell them on the mining hub (720 a piece)
You can then use the mad dosh to buy all the rare ores you have trouble finding.

you cant craft medium armors, only light ones
the most profitable way to make cash is crafting and selling basic T1 sniper rifles

My bad. I looted a couple mediums and forgot.

First mistake
Damn son, ever learned anything?

Seconding what said
The plot if TC might end up being stupidly grindy if my memory serves right, though.
I pretty much jumped into the AP game and ignored all the story, focusing on combat first gradually getting into building an empire - it's very rewarding.

My design philosophy is that the inside of a spaceship should look more like a submarine than a battleship. Of course, this results in annoying, uncomfortable designs, but I think it adds to the character.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm a bit autistic about only using my own designs.

Id immideately get uncomfortable running around inside that thing
my design philosophy is the opposite, large open spaces and functionality over beauty
if function is achieved Ill pretty it up but thats it

I want to play rouge system, but it's not out of Early Shitcess yet.
Will there ever be a game like it?

Oh, isn't this the game with the insane detail on each and every control panel? Where it takes 20 minutes to leave port because of all the switches you have to flip?

Yes. DCS in space.

And just three seconds later the game crashes because you had to load a gazillion mods to get it to anything but absolute trash tier garbage.
I still like KSP, but it's the same as ArmA 3: wasted potential.

not a single crash in months
git gud

Man, it's been too long since I last messed around with Space Engine. That looks stellar

What the hell is this?, My new cpu isn't even a month old yet and 8gb of ram is already not enough.

KSP is a very well made space game. It just looks like shit. I wish there were mods that added weather effects, clouds, etc, that were compatible with latest release, in addition to a texture upgrade. I got it on sale over holidays and am currently about to send a rover for my minmus station kerbals to explore the rest of the moon. Next, SSTO tech and Duna! (the mars equivalent)

Another game that doesn't use magic and is sort of similar, but for combat, is Children of a Dead Earth, where you design your ships, plan maneuvers in the solar system and execute eye-blink combat encounters by use of drones, lasers, railguns and missiles. Don't forget to roll ship before contact.

Why are people putting words into gondolas now? They are supposed to convey the feel of observance. Not to give a message.

Normalfags found gondola like a few months back.

Have they been told gondola is nazi propaganda?

Have you heard of Astronomer's Visual Pack? It runs fine for me on the latest release.

I've seen and been amazed by it but figured it wouldn't work. Thanks I'll give it a try.

Thought on the idea of trucking in Eve?

The only thing ferrying anything are bots.

ten outta ten game design

So what did you edit to make it work?

Just finished Derelict. Pretty good campaign, too bad the MTD Auriga plotline goes absolutely fucking nowhere. Whoever voiced alpha 2/Mackie did a pretty good job, too.
Can anyone recommend other campaigns?

Ram them

It really does sound like they did Space Engineers backwards doesn't it? Solid gameplay and some things that make sense, then ass backwards things like resources. We need ram scoops and multiple non-simulated gases in the atmosphere. Also something other than generators and solar panels. Thermal power or wind for hell storm planets.

Im talking about Evochron fam, not Empyrion

Deserts of Kharak was good, but I want Homeworld 3

You're the first person I've ever heard say that.

It was good, it wasn't atrocious and I played way worst shit games. I want Homeworld 3 too but in today's industry it would probably be a f2p Moba so I say it's better if Homeworld stays dead.

I'm just surprised that Claptrap didn't make an appearance, or that Gearbox didn't announce Homeworld 3by Anthony Burch yet.

DELET NOW

Homeworld 3 was supposed to have the players play against the Hiigarans since Karan had become power hungry with the Eye of Aaran. Also, the Hiigarans are not nice people, they really deserved their exile.

And they was sand-niggers for 3000 years, if that's not enough punishment, i dunno what is.

The hiigarans always had a sand-nigger mentality. They believed they were chosen to find the cores by their god and cleanse the galaxy of the impures, namely the taiidan.

Filthy Taiidan lies

They also tried to attack the Bentusi, exposing their true natures. Don't forget how quickly they turn to banditry in the Garden of Kadesh.

The thread is full of taiidan filth

The Kadeshi are the closest to what the original Hiigarans were.

Taiidans were assholes too, their emperor was on the crazy side.

Exactly, bandits who leech of decent civilizations rather than produce their own capital and who use religion to justify it.

Im calling a battlecruiser on your coordinates, buddy

I bet you think the Bentusi were alright too.

While they were galactic jews, they did share tech with other races

Except real hyperspace. They used the first core to establish themselves as the galactic police keeping the others in line, up until the incident with the original hiigarans. After the battle between them and the pride of hiigara they decided to withdraw completely and this is what led to the taiidan to assfuck the hiigarans. They share technology with you in HW1 because they feel guilty about the exile. They keep all the sweet stuff for themselves.

Well, they did back the fuck down after countless wars started at once. Then they made galactic council, and only then Hiigarans decided to fuck Taiidans. And only because Taiidans were to slowly consume Hiigarans in some time. I've read the manuals. Bents are kinda okay.

Well you're right, they're not the worst. Fun fact of you watched BSG. The first hybrid (people attached to ships to control them better) is the voice actor of the Bentusi, who are also connected to their ships.

Homeworld 2 was meant to be that funny enough before they changed ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING and not for the better.

HW1 manual for those interested. It's one of the most well-crafted manual I read.

rip Dust Wars.

You can sort of see elements of that during Homeworld Cataclysm. With how distant and cold the main clan of Hiigara had become.

Original trailer for HW2: Dust War.

So when you play the game in SALVAGE EVERYTHING mode, you are performing ancient Hiigaran battle tactics?

WE WUZ SALVAGERS AND SHIET.

HE HU HAND WUZ SHAPE ALL EN SHEET
HE HU NU DA WAY
YAKUB SAJUUK

*sees battlecruiser*
GIBS ME DAT WITE BOY
*surrounds the cruiser with salvage drones and disables it*
I MADE THIZ CRUUZER, WE WUZ RESEARCHAS AND SHIET

4x game in homeworld universe would be nice. I guess…

Don't tempt Gearbox or it'll put funpay microbuys and memes into Homeworld.

oh man, childhood flashback

Some more Homeworld from my Relic Forums autism days.

Are you trying to tell me that I only need insane drive tech and can make Space Mitsubishi Zeros?

That is some nice art there. Keep them coming if you have more

Amount of stuff that didn't make it into HW was sad. well-of-souls.com/homeworld/

Maybe

thats pretty cool

As you can see, Bentus was not the last of the bentusi. Some of them had made it to another galaxy, or maybe all the other ships had already followed them out.

Bruh, as much as I like it, Cataclysm is not canon. Have a video if the Beast infecting the Kuun-Lan to help you sleep tonight.

Just wait for the inevatable X4:TC:AP:LGBTQ:WTFBBQ

where they take the same game and replace the quests, add a system or two, a few new ships, and if you're really lucky, they unfuck some minor part of the UI.

Have you watched the videos? So far seems just like Rebirth 2.
Also, no Boron.

Stellaris: Apocalypse announced.

And probably some more new content still unannounced. Honestly with all the new changes in the update (drastic changes to war, ftl, and land combat), I think Stellaris just might be a fun game. Maybe not fantastic or the best space 4x, but at least a fun entry game, and not the mess it currently is. I can't wait to pirate it.

Anyone here playing hw2 with the complex mod?

They announced this DLC the year before the game released.
Is anyone even still playing this shite after 2 years of mediocre gameplay?

Just to answer my own question.
Around 12k are still playing on Steam.

Seems like stardock control has some sort of beta going on.
The ship building aspect reminds me of spore and the combat looks alright. If it weren't for the retarded aliens in the trailer I'd be mildly hopeful for it.

I'm still looking more forward to what the original SC2 devs are doing and seeing if they still got it.

I have seen this said every single time they have released a major patch and it still isn't fun. I hope you aren't the same user repeatedly hoping for a miracle only to have your dreams repeatedly crushed by paracucks.

Whats a good x4 space game, I already played sword of the stars.

This is easily the biggest change they've ever done to the game, and it actually addresses the main issue of the game (being that combat is basic, unfun, decided after a single battle, and war is tedious spam shit). I think this will definitely serve as a strong foundation to improve Stellaris on. I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.

I wouldn't hold your breathe unless they dropped the hard capped fleet sizes.

I don't see much reason for or against a hard cap fleet size. The other changed added should discourage doomstacks anyways (mainly Hyperlanes only and raiding systems). I mean you can just have multiple fleets and have them follow each other around if you want what's effectively a single large fleet. The only thing a hard cap fleet really affects is that you can't use a single admiral for all your fleet.

i got burned out on KSP a long time ago, but after watching this video i decided fuck it and reinstalled it. i was never big on mods but i put all this shit in this time. fuck it changes the whole game. KSP is now DCS in fucking space. this shit is awesome.

Now I only wish I could find a mod to check science so I never have to leave the capsule. I thought mods were a mistake, they are not. this is what KSP should have been.

pft not cannon! Homeworld 2 and kharak are not cannon if anything (they are alternate realities).

Like Disney erasing all of the starwars saga after ep6? oh no… the Disney movies are not cannon and an alternate reality.

Fucking retconning bullshit

Let me guess, you soiled your diaper while playing it?

what game is this? is it good?

boku no farer

google "starsector"
still in development (after like 7 years) by a guy or 2 working as a hobby. Already better than most games out there. The combat mechanics themselves are awesome and extremely fun. Devs still working out the economy and outposts in the larger game map.

i feel like a shill but anyway here is all you need to know

Huh apparently I own this already, didn't know starfarer got a name change. That was like 6 years ago. So what did they add to it? Can you build stuff like in x3?

Not yet, next release are outposts and colonies.

It's made by a third party dev.

As long as you're not talking about the remasters

huh, i'll check it out again thanks

So?

Spess games have the best music

if i where to be making a space dog fighting sim what would you expect/want?

I didn't see this post till now, sorry user, but if you want I can upload the files I edited. plugin.codea.ship.order.bomber.pck needed a line to launch bombers without teleporting them, so you can use them with "advanced hangar mechanism" off and plugin.codea.ship.check.ability.pck is what controls what can actually be selected as a bomber and its just a matter of changing that from m8's. I also changed the hangar repair to use hull plates instead of ore to go along with marine training and repairs.

What's wrong with the remasters?

Everything.

That album is good.

yeah and no HUD of any kind and the missiles should all be dumbfire
brilliant

Do these happen as easily in space as they do on earth?

No, because both require gravity to be crushing you.

Not as easily.

You are retarded.
Gemini 8

He actually did this while blacking out and unable to look up at the controls above his head
F

I wish I could find a good download of the other two.

youtube.com/user/weyrdmusicman/videos
6 years ago you find what you are looking for, quality is meh, but it adds to the charm

Youtube isn't a "good download". It took me hours to find a non-youtube version of Carmen Miranda's Ghost.

Yeah, nice.

Considering just trying to contact the creators or publishers at this point, haven't found them in any good quality so far

Every bit as easily. The majority of your G forces come from the planes acceleration and when you are turning, the centripetal force. This doesn't change because you are in a vacuum or outside a planets gravity well.
A 10g turn or 10g's of acceleration in a straight line will still threaten a blackout in space.

It only seems oddly specific because you didn't read the preceding posts and spouted ignorant horseshit.

mechs with melee

what game is that?

Empyrihon

Which one?
And also, there are better ways to tell people they're wrong or correct them so they don't become hostile and shit up your fucking thread like we're doing, nigger.
take for example.

thanks

kill yourself you stupid nigger
it is not our job to accomodate your niggery, it is your job not to be a dumb ass piece of shit

Until they drop the retarded "when you have more pops your research takes longer" system ill pass

Wow, oh boy I can't wait for the seminar where I talk about how Holla Forums is specifically catered towards my needs and shit, it's not enough that I can merely be corrected in an online anonymous fucking imageboard.

Stop being such a faggot.

Now this is autism.

its time to kill yourself

Can both of you guys just kill yourselves already?

This guy knows.

Yet those fucks managed to screw up such a simple thing as plot timeline. All they ever had to do was to read that manual that came with Homeworld 1 and was freely available on the net, but they couldn't be bothered to do even that.

Well shit, no wonder it sounded familiar.

I guess that proves how devoted Gearbox was to the franchise.
A Tomb Raider style game would've fit it better than Kharak in Conflict or whatever.
Next they'll make an MDK spinoff where all three characters drop down to fight the mine crawlers.

The dates aren't the worst offence lore wise.

Actuially they built the Mothership (took 60 years), they found a cargo ship in the sand. They knew they weren't indigenous to Kharak way before finding the Khar-Toba with the guidestone, it was S'Jet scientist who proved this angering the Gaalsien. The rest is right though, Kushan technology were barely modern, most centered on surviving the hell-hole they were stuck on. I haven't finished Deserts of Kharak but apparently soem Taiidani device made ships crash on Kharak a lot for no fucking reason at all. I am mad they didn't follow their simple backstory.

By the time they find the Khar-Toba, Gaalsien were gone.

In space the only relevant acceleration would be in a straight line. From the crew's perspective it makes no difference whether the ship is changing direction with that acceleration. Also good luck finding propulsion that makes 10 Gs, or even a constant 1G, it would be tantamount to magic. 1G would be perfect though.

If a ship is rapidly tumbling that's a unique situation and probably the only place where G-forces would become harmful.

They are, tech penalties are now only caused by owned systems and planets, with exact number of pops being irrelevant.

In sands of kharak, this is what you find.

Most sci fi universes usually imply accelerations of considerably more than 10g's. And when turning something that can pull multiple G's, while accelerating, you will produce the exact same centripetal forces a fighter jet pulling such a manoeuvre does.
Consider a ship the size of an imperial stardestroyer or bigger making a 180 degree turn. The nose on that ship has to be swung over 2 kilometers to just turn the ship around. Anything inside that ship is going to feel like they are in a high powered centrifuge if that ship can turn in less than 5 minutes.
And that kind of ships will be built to make those turns at high speeds, since turning is used to evasive manoeuvres and in general turning your weapons to face the enemy.
This is why so many sci fi universes have inertial stabilisers.

Starfighters themselves pull largely the same kind of acceleration or more than terrestrial counterparts do and the same kind of high speed turns, unless you want your fighter only travelling in straight lines, making it easy to hit.
Sure, in space you aren't limited to only banking turns like planes are, but you still use a lot of high g turns to make yourself a harder target for the enemy to hit.

so no acceleration applied depending on tech lore
Specially not when hyperspacing

no
it clearly implied that Hyper-core fuckd everything that come close to Kharak

it was a terrible retcon. There was absolutely no need to change so much shit in the story. the entire plot is a convoluted mess that is not needed. Taiidani or anyone else never went to kharak because they didn't have to, it was a prison. They kept tabs on the planet, checking for hyperspace. There was no hyperspace core, they built it by copying one form the khar toba

this is what happens when you retcon, you have to keep doing

I successfully retrieved my loot, explored the abandoned building (killing lots of alien scorpion thingies).
I also got my sweet ship back.

Then I fixed up the upper floor of my glorious dwelling

After that I dueled some pirates in space, boarded their base and killed them, partially looted the place (I really need the EVA o cold resistance booster) and returned to my improved base.

The core in the Khar-Toba is correct, they smuggled it during the exile. Instead of giving it to the Bentusi, the commander of the Hiigaran battlefleet that decimated Taiidan with the first core jumped right into the Angel moon and the bentusi thought the core lost. They modified it to work on the mothership but they did not build it. It is one of the 3, Bentusi has one, Higgaran has one and Vaygr has the other. That it emit some kind of signal that make ships crash on kharak is retarded, no ship ever went to kharak, not even the turanic raiders. The taiidan had a probe checking for hyperspace signal and that was it.

That is retarded.

so homeworld 2 started the retcon fuckup with teh creation of the hyperspace core myth, that there was a super special one that was taken to kharak in the khar toba. It also magically combines with 2 other magic cores to open a super secret gate.

Never mind that the khar toba was only one ship of a few that made it to kharak out of dozens of PRISON SHIPS, some of which stayed in the kadeshi nebula. What would have happened if the one with the magic core exploded? It is really dumb, this entire artifice was a bad idea. The entire story could have been developed without the need for a magic hypercore and instead used special artifacts.

In addition, in order to place the second magic core in a meld with the bentusi race, they were retconned into being a single harbor ship, when we knew for a fact that there were at least a dozen of the original trade ships, or if they were all killed or left, no mention is made, but it is actually implied in Cataclysm that they have foreknowledge of the Beast and are perhaps much older.

So anyway, deserts of kharak went supersayan retarded in the retcon and suddenly the magic hypercore was actually protecting kharak by hyperspacing ships into solid rock for some weird reason. So then at the end of the story instead of being an up and coming civilization form kharak that developed a hypercore out of salvaging and had no or very limited ship building tech that took 60 years to develop, they now instead essentially had hundreds of perfectly preserved hyperspace capable vessels to salvage from the ground.

How do you reconcile the messy state of the lore at the end of deserts of kharak with homeworld 1? You cant.

Personally I pretend there was no magic hyperspace cores in HW2 and instead they collected 3 special artifacts and bentus was not the last of the bentusi, just the station that held their special artifact.

And deserts of kharak is just… sigh, an alternate reality, but I pretend there was no magic hypercore, orbital ion cannon, railguns, or anti-grav tech at all. It wasn't needed. I know what the game was, but I have to suspend my disbelief and just pretend it was just a normal tech (guns, tracks) conflict about religious belief and that the gaalsien just had some special tech they reverse engineered from the khar toba city/wreck.
/endrant

well was hoping for thermal/em or some such nonsense that one could avoid by powering down and drifting with the missiles tracking with thermal w flares and shit countermeasures.

but i'm not the only one working on it. and its still heavily in the idea guy faze.

I'm watching the cutscenes of Deserts of Kharak right now. They are pretty. But it is completely retarded. The Kushans did not have that level of technology, also the S'jet are a science kiith, no way they would command a carrier that size, this would be left to Naabal or Manaan at least. Also Gaalsien are supposed to have been beaten since a while during that time. Oh well, I'll keep watching.

Also they show characters instead of insignas, it triggers me somehow.

Which is why i thought some of the crashed ships might be Hiigaran, since Taiidan sure didn't change their ship designs

this is what really killed it for me
Think, if the magic core could delete entire fleets, and was producing hyperspace signatures every time it did that, the taiidan would know they violated the treaty against hyperspace and would have gone to investigate before? If they couldn't because it was just so powerful, why would they suddenly think they would be capable of it at the start of homeworld 1 since every fleet that came nearby disappeared? Yeah that's right, a massive plot hole that anyone that knows the lore would spot immediately. But they probably hired some retarded writer that didn't read the previous lore and this is the abortion that came out.

Don't get me wrong, i like the game for what it is, but I hate what they did to the story and how incompatible it is.

The art and models are pretty nice, the ost too. But that bit about the core shitting up space travel is bullshit, the Mothership was parked in orbit of Hiigara for years after HW 1 and nobody had any trouble with it.

Also Kharak is in buttfuck nowhere, beyond the Garden of Kadesh which nobody go through and then beyond the Turanic Kingdoms and then beyond the Great Wasteland. This video implies it was in the middle of some trade route or something.

Just give me a vector

Didnt S'jet was suppost to be science officers in the carrier groups while the command and crew were of other kiith?

Dunno, they got careless or their design was left like that on purpose to be easy to remember to old players and serve as a little reference to go by as well as delivery of a deus ex machina for the story

This, so very much.
HW2's plot wouldn't even have been hard to fix. Instead of all the magical core bullshit, just have the plot start with the Hiigarans defending their systems from encroaching factions from the Taidani civil war that broke out when their empire fell apart.
Have the Vaygr be one of these factions or a faction of raiders like the turanic raiders who has risen to prominence after the empire fell and instead of the dreadnaught could be some old Taidani superweapon the empire had mothballed for whatever reason. The rest of the plot could play out largely the same.

Personally I would still love an MMO version of HW, where the player controls something like a carrier and its attendant fleet instead of just a single ship like in EVE.

Nah, a really good idea to get a game in HW universe would be a space campaign based on this, contemporaneous with the time of Cataclysm:

Anyways this is the ending of Cataclysm. I thought it was great how they received a hero's welcome under the highest honors after saving the galaxy, having started as underdogs and earning their victory when no one else could

The Beast from Cataclysm is also one of the best thought out horrors I have seen created in science fiction. Techno organic nano particles that live in intergalactic hyperspace and can mutate/absorb everything they come into contact with.

Anyone got equivalent entities from other games?

Probably my favourite thing about HW is that a lot of the story is told through the ships themselves rather than the people inside them. Part of the reason I love Cataclysm so much is that they managed to make a fucking spaceship into something frightening, you can actually feel how tense the campaign gets as you go along through the game. I can't think of many other games that can do that.

What got me was the screams when one of your ships was infected.

Sorry for not reading all your TRUE-HARDCORE-FAN posting, just want to point out that i'm okay with reconnected HW lore.

Fucking what? So what, the Hiigarans are stupid now? They bought tech they already had? Did it crash or something so they didn't have it during HW?
(you)
cool

Aren't the Star Gate ships OP?

That's alright bruh

I just found this out while idling through my steam games; Starmade's power update actually fucking came out, plus a ton of performance upgrades and UI declutter. Happened over a month ago now, but jesus it's been what, three years since it was announced? Holla Forums Starmade server again when?

That's another thing that bugs me. How are the same people who can create technology just by looking at new ships (in HW 1) also be too stupid to reverse engineer all the ships they apparently just had lying around?

Hiig's might have their hands on some pretty nifty toys, but ultimately you all don't matter. Vaygr and the Turanic raiders' going to sandwich everything between them.

It is magic techno-shit.

Here's an excuse i got.

We should count our lucky stars they decided to bring the science team on board, otherwise the game would had been more battlestar galactica than homeworld.

I was referring to how the Hiigarans were able to create new ship types just by encountering them on the field, unlike what we're shown in DoK where they had tons of ships to reverse engineer yet they were only able to build the Mothership.
I remember having to research Capital ship drives to be able to create carriers, why didn't they just use the one that apparently crashed into Kharak to research? They had an ion beam satellite they could reverse engineer, why did they have to buy the tech from the Bentuusi? These retcons are clearly because they had to rewrite their story halfway through when Gearbox aquired them and they had finished the original script already.

Because the tech was kept on some vault or engineering company PLANETSIDE.
Or, would you keep the blueprints of every machine you have ever discovered, even top secret military ones on a half finished exploratory/colonization vessel?

They didn't think to have the Mothership carry blueprints? It's not like this stuff weighs anything. They do also have to test frigate construction facilities so I fail to see why they wouldn't have it in the database when they had fighter blueprints. In the end, we're just arguing over things Gearbox clearly didn't think about. Every retcon should really be followed by "Fuck Gearbox".

Share your theories on this nigga

Long lost probe sent to gather data on the Homeworld Galaxy that malfunctioned.

Hiigaran super weapon gone rogue?

I got Star Trek Bridge Commander: Maximun Warp edition (I played before iwth vanilla, plus mods). And the thing is that I know (or cant remenber) how to make the game widescreen, and if possible, in 1920:1080 resolution. The problem is that editing the options.cfg file to change to ANY resolution makes the game crash instantly the moment I want to start the game, and cant fix it, so i need to reinstall the game.

Also, when playing the multiplayer part of the maximun warp edition (The game with kobayashi maru already installed) when I start a quick battle, my ship before & after starting the match start getting damaged for no reason at all, hearing damages sound effects and explosions and then the game starts lagging a lot. No matter what ship I change, it stays & continues to get damaged, while explosions & collisions sounds are playing….

Could someone help me? Please? Pic barely unrelated.

By installing X Rebirth since this thread is not going to help you.

The reason they changed so much is that the game was not even meant to be a homeworld game, it was meant to be called ship breakers and had a whole different style to it.

I think that they probably ran out of funding to realise their vision and decided to go with a homeworld game instead, they already had the desert maps and designs done, All they had to do was rename the factions, change the voice actors lines and add one tiidan carrier design.

The original vision held alot of prommis tho, I believe you where supposed to be able to go to different planets and such, would havev been cool to see.

From what I remember back in the days it went up like this. HW dev make another game, they want to make it HW but can't because of copyrights. HW is then auctioned, they get outbid by Gearbox out of fucking nowhere. Gearbox smells the remaster shekels but there is a problem, the source they got is incomplete. They want to ask the original dev but they did a dick move by outbidding them. Gearbox tells them they can make a HW game if they help them with the remaster, they accept. But it remains that it was originally a game about salvaging wrecks which is probably why we have all those wreck around even if it doesn't make total sense with the lore.

Should have made the game not in kharak but just as a salvage outfit in the HW universe after HW2. I still think that would have been a better story. But yes, you are right and this is the reason the games looks like a meld of two different games: it is

Anyway, the quick battle issue is overall solved by exiting the ship, then you setup the quickbattle. But Now I have another problem. I just started playing the singleplayer of the Maximun Warp edition (Not the unmodded SP), and im playing at the normal dificulty. The thing is at the second level, when I have to fight the Romulan Warbird, it fucking wreck me everytime. All shield & weapons at maximun before the battle, yet the Warbird with only a bunch of torpedos fucks my ship up! What the hell? Does the MWE elevate the dificulty too much or what? Have someone played the game, and had the same issue?

Anime is dead.

did you miss the joke that the pilots were passing around mustard and launched a missile by mistake

You know how someone assumes you're angry and gets all defensive, but they're not, but you being defensive makes them angry. You just did that to me.

You know how when someone is being wrong, and someone points out theyre retarded, and then they try to save face by >implying implications but not before saying "u mad tho"? You just did that to yourself.

Even better: the missle only does this because a demon inhabiting a human host gave somebody a streak of supremly bad luck.
Pic related essentially.

To any possible STO players here.

FREE SHIT!

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10770174

That would have worked so well, moving from planet to planet trying to recover wrecked ships and fight off other would be scavengers.

People forget French do make anime as well.

Webm related

Anyone have Dark Forces II and TIE Fighter GOG? After confirming they are indeed Mega links it would seem they are dead.

Desperate last ditch weapon by long dead alien race that attempted to turn their enemies weapons against them.

good

did they fix the retarded AI management where you can't set engagement range and target priority and shit?

Amplitude is giving some insight on the development of Endless. and future titles.

Still mad they figured out space travel first?

That user that said they are going to make an RPG was right wasn't he?

That could be neat. I feel like they always have fleshed out settings that you never really get to explore that well because 4x.

That and some of their main quests and set up for the world don't work as well with 4x and the general premise they set up compared to if it was, say, an RTS. That was more of an issue with Legends, though. Much more of an issue with Legends.

where can I pirate evochron:legacy?

theres a timed demo so nobody cared to crack it
Im sure I dont have to explain to you how to exploit demo timers

honestly I'd appreciate the help

Vaulters are getting released for ES2 next week

Remove Bajorans. Except my based security officer and number one. I miss playing STO but it has lost its charm for me.

Something to do with the registry if I remember well. I had an image explaining how years ago I'll look for it. On the upside Evochron is really worth the shekels, it is a good space game to kill time with and the community was really fun. Since Elite Dangerous forgot to add gameplay to their game you can't have better if you also want to land on planet.

kys

What are you niggers on about now? And why the hell do you niggers insist on invading the threads I'm in. There are more than enough garbage threads on Holla Forums for you to invade.

Are you the MaleGoddess? Or Swami? I'm 95% sure you're either one of them.

That brings me back, but the post is gone bruh so don't shit up the space thread more please.

Not even pulse phasers could get you back?

Pretty cool. Maybe I'll download it again if I can remember my credentials.

thanks i'll dig for it

Neat.
Also, id recommend picking yourself just about any of those from the exchange while you can, there's going to be an update soonesque that makes us able to change item modifiers.
So it doesn't matter if you pick guns with shitty modifiers, you can change them later.

Is it the shitty solar ship that Sisko built?

Yes, based on (((ancient bajoran designs)))

No, its a bajoran raider interceptor only evil races have raiders
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10770274-anniversary-ship:-t6-bajoran-interceptor!

Todays freebies in STO are Tier 5 ships.
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10770174-eighth-anniversary-giveaways-200-marks!

i got into this for a while, but now lately i'm just logging in to refine their stupid microcurrency once a day, and i'm about to stop doing that even.

which are outclassed by literally everything.

it's not that it's a terrible grind fest, you can get whatever you want without paying, it's more of a wait fest. the game boils down to simply waiting, and playing the most minimal amount of time possible until you have good enough stuff. and then what. you have sweet stuff to do what with. grind the same pve queue's you grinded 5000x each to grind up the rep tier? there's no reward or motivation in it.

maybe i'm just burnt out.

They desperate for players or something?

Its free shit for your admirality, and the feddie escort comes with the cloaking device console if you want it for another ship.

Its tradition. The giveaways just before the anniversary have ended with low end ships every one of the years I've played.

This.
Mostly those ships are only worth it for either the console or to get something else to play while leveling a new character.

For what purpose?

sto.gamepedia.com/Starfleet_Assault_Cruiser_Technology_Set

To stealthily fart in the spacedock and cause the klinks to wonder who farted.

Stellaris Apocalypse, the long wait is long, who else is planning on liberating planets from excess mass?

I hope we get tons of new space vidya this year too, so few on the horizon afaik

I miss the depth and mystery of the homeworld series, would have been nice to know who the progenitors were, possibly Earth humans?

This man deserves a fucking medal.

That looks familiar
What game is it again?

The Forever Zone

Ceasless Expanse.

Well shit.

Speaking of Trek, how long till STO adds STD ships in?

Yo Dawgs, I heard you like the sun!

I might like this show like I liked voyager, which was fucking hilarious if you didn't take it seriously.

The most triggering thing about that clip is who the fuck designs a teacup like that?

Gee I wonder, some kind of decadent old empire?

IIRC it's sorta both. I think both Ur-Quan refer to their doctrines as "The Path of Now and Forever". You could argue it's an error but I prefer believing that both Ur-Quan think they follow the true "Path of Now and Forever"

Regardless the only reason the Kzer-Za lose is because of the Shofixti sacrifice and the fact they refused to bring their slaves into the war. I understand they probably view it as "Our battle and our's alone" but wouldn't it make their argument stronger to use the rewards their Path reaps (that is, battle thralls?)

Makes me wonder, why didn't they do this with Earth when they started fighting back? Instead they sent and wrecked one fleet at Mars and then sat back on Pluto and started launching planet bombsat Earth.

They did that last Thursday.

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10774414-the-stats-of-the-discovery-lock-box!

As far as i am aware they are still on there and going to be there till tomorrow.

I hate faggots who do this. It never used to happen and now I see it every single fucking day. Just put it all in one post you eclectic nigger.

What games play similar to battlefleet gothic and space battles from empire at war? I am tired of piloting and grand strategy, I need some captain experience but the games I can think of are those 2

Actually the design has a purpose, cant remember how it went exactly but it has something to do with burying the lower half

Sorry man, i just scrolled to the bottom, noticed the webm first, then after replying to it the post about STD stuff in STO, then the post about guy wanting to get back into STO…

Basically, i was posting faster than i was reading the thread.

If you haven't play Sins yet you should immediately. You even have any flavor of mod you could want.

What this guy said
But also Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, it's turn based and has both tactical battles and strategic elements (shipbuilding outside the battle).

I'll give it a try, but it looks a bit too heavy on the rts side. I was looking for something like battlefleet or with ship positioning, firing specific weapons at specific parts, etc.

Probably because a giant ball of steel moving slowly towards you is a very easy target

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident and Star Trek Bridge Commander are the obvious answers.

I'd second Bridge Commander, it's up there with Klingon Academy for Trek vidya.

As per Wiki, they could be stored without a floor by burying it in soft sand or soil, they could be packed tighter laying ontop of each other in staggered rows or suspended on racks, the base also helped concentrate particulates in stuff like olive oils or wines.

I really dislike Stellaris and the two ways to play an empire, no matter what you are either tall or wide, and tall is at a severe disadvantage. I'll stick to older less pretty games that let me attach thrusters to planets.

It's hinted at since they come from another Galaxy and the milky way is pretty "close" to M51.

New thread coming soon.

NEW THREAD