Am i the only one that had a blast with this game?

Am i the only one that had a blast with this game?
I've just finished it on nightmare i'm not masochistic enough to do ultra nightmare and it's been a lot i haven't had this much fun in a single player FPS.
I've ignored this game for quite some time as i was initially disgusted by its multiplayer during a free weekend, and the QTE kills, but in the end the single player was great, and those QTE weren't as OP as it seemed during gameplay, on the contrary they contributed to your death more often than not.

Hi Todd

yarr harr

Every time I get killed by a guy who picked the invisibility power-up online I want to fucking shred my monitor to bits. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea.

but user, that multiplayer is just shit, you might better just play halo online

I got it for free with my 480, played through it once and uninstalled. The boss battle against the worm knight things in hell was fun. Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind were tedious letdowns, though, which put a sour taste in my mouth. Never played multiplayer because it looked like shit. Might play through again to find all the secrets but that won't be until I complete SS3, a shooter with loads of secrets and enemies that's actually fun.

Man, I really need to upgrade my shitty video card.

nah it was mediocre typical console shit

Wat, did you play this game?
Or do you prefer stuff like serious sam, where hordes of enemies fill the screen, but they are all filler with low potential?

yes todd you are

Don't do that, you know it's wrong that's also why piracy exists

I liked it too, better than most shit that comes out nowadays.

It's not a bad game at least. It has its share of problems (like upgrades being unbalanced, too much BFG ammo near the end of the game) and it fails to capture the same feel as the originals, but as far as recent FPS games go, it's actually solid. I like how the game seems to have an arcade-style progression to it, and although I'm not a big fan of locked room encounters, the way they're set up makes me think of a beat 'em up (the BFG even works like those bombs that clear the whole screen, like in Streets of Rage 1), but with guns. Shame that the difficulties below Nightmare are way, way too easy. Also, the standard shotgun should be a little more effective at medium range.

Try doing a no-upgrades/mods user. I guarantee you the game will become exponentially more fun.

Mediocre as fuck game
Stop shilling this garbage which forces you to upgrade if you want a half decent shotgun,
It's a shitty Painkiller ripoff and nothing more

You didn't play the game did you?

Serious Sam, as far as single player goes, is a meme. Level design is virtually non existant and the game's way of challenging you is to load the room full of enemies who do nothing except chase you. You spend most of the game holding backwards. At least Painkiller and even Nu-Doom had some enemy variety (bonus points to the former for having sets of virtually different enemies per episode) and level design that actually works in favor of making encounters unique.
I will admit though, Serious Sam is fun with coop.

more like not GUD enough

YES TOTALLY NOT FORCED AT LL TODDLER, THE SHOTGUN MAIN FIRE IS TOTALLY USEFUL OUTSIDE POINT BLANK
>>>/cuckchan/
And don't come back faggot

It gets even better

Like I said, you didn't play the game, did you user?

painkiller suffers the same problem of serious sam, hordes of cannon fodder, and zero verticality

Nice argument faggot
The combat shotgun, the pistol and the machinegun are fucking uselesss without upgrades, Christ, the pistol is fucking useless.
I played a Run in Nightmare and then Hard
Both are piss easy outside cheap shit in the beginning like explosion barrels which you can have an upgrade to null all the damage done by them and godawful hitreg with enemy melee because you have to stand right in front of them to do any damage with the combat shotgun

A point blank range piece of shit that can't kill more than 2 Imps at a time
And NuDoom suffers from lack of enemy quantity, barely any enemies outside the arenas and small as fuck maps with shit tier art design.

Torrented it and then dropped it an hour in. Game's fucking dogshit. Gunplay is godawful, enemy design is garbage, level design is bad, music is just some electronic farting. Can't think of a single good thing to say about this shitpile.
Play some og doom instead, with shit like ancient aliens and final doomer.

Doom 3 was the best game in the series

Heres your reply

Funny how the bet music in the game doesn't have any wub shit and is based on Doom 3s theme son.

The first weapon you get after the pistol. The game encourages you to take on enemies up close. Would be nice if it was more effective at medium range, but it accomplishes what's intended. Also useful a bit farther away against bigger enemies like Hell Knights.
It has infinite ammo. In other words, it's supposed to be an absolute last rest when you have absolutely no ammo remaining. Or what, did you pick off Imps at a distance with the pistol in old Doom?
If you're talking about the assault rifle the upgrades are superfluous. The scope is unnecessary unless you really wanna get a few head shots, and the rocket mod can help you if you have shit aim. When you start getting better and you get other weapons it gradually loses its necessity.
Just admit you didn't play the game. You have a knee jerk reaction against any 'name' you don't like. You don't have to pretend you played the game. You don't have to pull shit out of your ass to say you didn't like it. I will give it to you though, the music is ass.

it was the best fps i've played last year

And another cuckchan thread in the catalog

You'd need to be suffering the mid-life crisis to be having a blast with this mediocre-at-best atrocity .

oh and get

The pistol IS made to be useless, it has fucking infinite ammo.
Also i prefer the shit imps that oneshot you rather than hordes of cannon fodder moving in a straight line towards the player.

Well, the shit taste can't be stronger.
No user, you are the cuckchan.

PS: i actually did my first run before this without upgrades. Shitstain.

Finishers are not made to be spammed, as when you leave the animation any projectile is going to oneshot you with no armor.

I assure you whoever made that webm was dishonest and didn't play the gameor did on easy mode.

I'm making some webms, in the meantime name a better single player FPS released in recent years

DRM-crippled cancer

resize your fucking webms to half size or less nigga and put some VP9 in that shit, there's no need for a WebM that short to be that big in resolution and that shitty in quality when it's not even reaching the filesize limit

At least drink bleach while your at it

fuck outta here

2016*

They removed the DRM, nignong.

No fuck yourself, OG never had this problem, even the Painkiller shotgun had better range than this piece of shit.
No it doesn't, Combat shotgun is useless against anything that's not an Imp and those stay far away from you most times so you just use the Machinegun, its fucking garbage and useless.
Bullshit, Hell Knights are nearly immune to CS unless you upgrade it.
Then make it have ammo and make it actually useful, its fucking trash and a melee option would be better than that piece of shit.
Except it ups the damage you do
Except it works for crowd control if you don't have the Rocket Launcher.
Why would I lie?
Eat shit Reddit, people actually play games here, NuDoom is a mediocre piece of shit and all the Bosses are fucking shit as well aside from the Cyberdemon that should have had more attack patterns variations after he reaches a certain health threshold, his fucking Zelda sword cuts are painfully slow too
You're a shit taste faggot just admit it, it's not like most of these faults could be fixed if Bethkike would have given us mod tools as limited as they are, but no, have SnapMap and a disgrace of a Halo tier multiplayer.

Take your ass back to cuckchan OP you cocksucking faggot.
Devils Daggers, Titanfall 2

NuDoom was one of the better AAA games of 2016. Unfortunately that's not really a compliment. It's never outright bad (except for the godawful trash that passes for music), just painfully mediocre.
I never tried the multiplayer but it's probably ass.

plays the same as this, minus verticality
still in my playlist, but looks like cod with jetpacks
i'm new to webms
I'm here since exodus, and Holla Forums used to like good games, not snob them just because X did it

Holy fucking shit, no wonder you like this garbage you goddamn casual
They're nothing alike
CoD with Parkour and Mechs actually
Why people here are shitting on this game, it's not good, it's short, mediocre and full of pace killing design stupidity from "press button to X", pinata enemies and respawning pickups.

There's practically zero reason to ever perform a Glory Kill because you get pinata health on enemy kills already when you are on low health, and you don't have to lock yourself into place while doing it, which kind of ruins the whole point of the supposed risk and reward, especially on Nightmare where doing that shit is a lot more dangerous
Moreover health gains gained through Glory Kills when you are on 50%~ health are usually not worth the risk of locking yourself into place and temporarily losing awareness of what's going on around you only to get a fireball in your face
There's runes which increase Glory Kill activation range and speed, though this gives me the impression the designers never meant the animation itself to be a risk but a minor hassle, the only real risk being getting close to enemies which is how I would be playing even without the Glory Kill system because given the weapon and enemy design getting up close would be the most efficient thing to do time-wise
Honestly Glory Kills are more of a crutch for scrub, there's a reason why you almost never see them used in Ultranightmare runs

That's a rather blatant overgeneralization which doesn't take in account the influences of enemy types used and incoming direction in player decision-making on top of the not-so-rare influence of geometry in enemy encounters even if its simple shit like dunes or pillars, setting aside TSE's gimmickry
Why would you want to do otherwise?
If you are serious about putting Painkiller and 'enemy variety' in any positive connotation in the same sentence then you are a fucking cretin whose reasoning towards this inane shit is that it feels different because all the enemies look different as well, so that must be good for the gameplay
This would have been the case if encounter design in Painkiller wasn't blatantly homogenous, where you'd normally face no more than two different enemy types at once, which is not something you could fault Serious Sam for
This shit becomes a problem when there's often a simple way of dispatching a single enemy type which you can repeat ad nauseam when there's rarely an enemy types which poses an immediate threat, even moreso when you can always outrun enemies which is not something you can do in Serious Sam, leaving only the hitscan faggots to be a serious threat, individual enemy types are rarely a threat, but combinations of them are, yet Painkiller can't go two levels without discarding an enemy type

People only really judge FPS level design by the complexity of its layout because that's what makes it seem most like Doom and Quake and Doom/Quake are the obvious golden standards of level design as no other good FPS level design philosophy exists (which begs the question why Descent isn't revered more), everything must focus on exploration and tight structures and secrets because an arcade approach for FPS level design hasn't been popularized yet

It loses any purpose after you get the super shotty
The combat shotgun is only effective at pitiably short ranges, with one-hit kills needing to be fired at point-blank, but the super shotgun is even more effective at close-range by design by having more spread and more power, which begs the question why you'd ever use the CB at that point
The Explosive Shell is a watered down rocket launcher which you already have by that point and the Charged Burst does what the super shotty already does, just with a big cooldown which makes it not worth switching to

What the fuck did I just read

The only difference is that you can't win.
In the end you have a machine gun, a shotgun and you have to kite until you can't anymore.

Still playing with that encoder, it's nice, it's an improvement.

this would be a pretty apt comparison if you had less space to move around in/there were more enemies to harass you/enemies would actively try to hinder your movement through area denial
in beat 'em ups just different combinations of enemy types can create a whole set of challenges, making crowd control a vital skill because otherwise you gonna get cornered or ganged up on
this also works because you can't just move everywhere as you please, and break-out moves like police cars are limited and using specials to get out of sticky situations drains health

then take nuDoom, you get a lot of breathing room in terms of free space, usually you can jump up platforms higher up to avoid melee attacks which the enemy never makes a conscious effort to prevent you from jumping on by for example standing on the platforms themselves, laying down suppressive fire, laying down mines, what have you
at some point arenas start getting portals where you can teleport from A to B, and the exit point is of course always left unguarded because of how the enemy AI works by trying to stay in firing range
what you end up with is a skatepark with a fancy looking layout to move around in and some enemy spawns with no particular thought involved behind their placement, because it doesn't matter when the encounter will play out in completely unpredictable ways because of how enemies move around and how the player can move around
there is very little form or intent, you don't get the feeling that a designer made the level layout like this and placed this particular enemy type here to challenge you in a particular way

the only real exception to these are slower-moving enemies like the Mancubi who prove a persistent threat in one particular segment of the arena because they take a lot of hits to kill, perform a groundpound and tell you to fuck off if you get too close (cyber-mancubi also fire area-denying acid, but the effects of this are barely noticeable given its small range, I didn't even know that they were supposed to be a separate enemy type or that area-denying acid was a thing on my first playthrough)
I don't really know what the level designers were thinking, these kind of arenas feel more like the result of someone assembling shit at random and saying 'lets see what happens', making difficulty adjustments depending on how much the QA testers cried
It kills level variety big when the skateparks themselves are just open arrangements of platforms with the occasional jump pad and portal and power-up, you'd think they'd at least add some kind of environmental hazard to spice things up because normal enemy combat in these kind of arenas can not carry the whole game, especially once its done introducing new enemies
its even more questionable when some level parts outside the arenas would have provided some more interesting combat scenarios, like climbing a tower or jumping between platforms, but those sections barely have any enemies in them

to name a better example from a similar game, in RUINER encounters are also divided in walking -> arena -> walking -> arena just like with nuDoom, but environmental hazards like turrets, walls which hurt on touch, arenas smaller in size, helicopter spotlights which force you out of a particular part of the arena and big targets which constantly spawn enemies until they're dead and need to be prioritized
these things don't happen as often as they should in RUINER, but they make for much more interesting challenges than the arenas in nuDoom when they do

I think it's one of the best singleplayer FPS-games made in atleast a decade. It's been a long time since i felt the same kind of flow/rush as i was in one of the last areas before the big boss and there was tons of different portals and i was jumping around like a motherfucker beating all those big demons spawning. I was for once having fun again in a FPS-games.

the campaign was just a disappointment. everything stops being engaging after the foundry map. map design quality declines as the game goes on. the weapons aren't balanced well at all, the upgrades are OP (fucking DSP beat the late game maps with no trouble by spamming SSG's retarded final upgrade), powerups and BFG ammo are given like candy, enemy AI is not impressive, everyone throws projectiles which are very easy to avoid in almost every fight because the arenas are so spacious, the game has pretty much no atmosphere, and the story and game universe are literally a joke, like purposely made to be goofy

the multiplayer was mediocre overall, but a competent multiplayer shooter in some modes. i thought the customization was cool. arena-style game sense transfers over well. stuff like freeze tag and warpath actually had some depth to them and fun objectives. but the game clearly wasn't designed for competitive play, since quake champions was in production at the time (and QC is failing anyway whoops haha). what a shame

learn the respawn timers for the powerups and never let anyone else get invisibility ever again

Yes you are. It was mediocre. The game was nothing but getting from monster arena to monster arena. The weapons were sub-par since every single enemy was a bullet sponge, and there is not enough ammo to do anything until you get at least two ammo upgrades. Having the chainsaw as a powerup was an awful idea, and the little missions you had to do to get the weapon mastery were tedious as fuck. I found myself abusing the "enemies drop BFG ammo" rune with the vacuum one, stunning everything with the plasma rifle (that does way too little damage), and spamming the BFG, The cyberdemon design was uninspired, the spiderdemon was way too easy, the hell guardians were tedious (get close, wait for an attack, shoot the gauss cannon, and get back, on the first round, and spam the chaingun on the second round), and the only really "cool" thing that I liked, was the recreation of the original Doom boxart in the credits.
And fuck the people that say "UPGRADES ARE OPTIONAL". Why the fuck do I need to gimp myself to enjoy a game?

I would have accepted the game as a Doom 64 sequel, as Doom 4. The Bethesda "Doom" brand hijack was an underhanded attempt to sell the game using the popularity of the first Doom.

It actually plays more like Doom than nuDoom. That must be why more people here like it.
It's CoD if the movement mechanics were improved and were made to mesh well with the game instead of being a tacked on gimmick.
You say that as if making shit webms is a trivial thing. It's one thing to be new to video making, but don't try to pass off your newness as something that doesn't matter.
Then you'd know that nuDoom gets a lot of shit here, or at least it used to before Mark's 12 deaths and the NeoFAG/cuckchan implosion. It's also funny that you say "Am I the only one that had a blast with this game?" when someone who's been here since exodus would already know the answer to that question.

I don't care if they're necessary or not. What bothers me is that a group of what are supposed to be professional game designers thought that making pre-animated takedowns a key part of gameplay was a good idea.

My only problem with nuDoom is that it gets really fucking repetitive after the first 3 levels

Normally that wouldn't be too big an issue, except the game is like fucking 60GBs. If Bethshit cut out all the useless padding and brought it down to like 20GBs instead, I think people would be a lot more forgiving

>implying i didn't know all that already, and i didn't just make a covert "once the dust has settled" thread
The game is still the best single player FPS released in the last years by far.

That doesn't make it a good game, it only makes all of the other games worse.

Well good job, I guess.
The smartest kid in Special Ed. is still a retard, even if he isn't as retarded as the rest of the class.

It kind of feels like they were trying to rip off the Zandatsus from MGR with the Glory Kills, in nuDoom Glory Kills feel unrealized because the mechanic is never built upon
In the nuDoom VR game you perform Glory Kills by teleporting into demons without a canned animation playing or your movement being sacrificed, I wonder why they didn't just go with a dash move for the base game where you perform Glory Kills by dashing into staggered enemies, which is honestly a lot cooler

I've heard in passing that modern game devs don't give a shit about compression and just dump raw encrypted data for textures and such but I have no idea if that's accurate. It sounds right because devs used to have to make sure their games fit a specific size requirement due to physical media limitations and now they have limitless space thanks to high speed internet and large consumer hard drives, but as I said I've only heard it in passing and have no idea if it's true.

Lots of redditors had a blast with it too, so no.

No, that really would be Devil Daggers on the merits of solid game design alone

It actually has working positional sound design to make first-person crowd control work unlile in nuDoom where you can't even hear what's going on around you because enemies make little audible noise and the music is just too loud
It actially has a high skill ceiling where not anyone can just achieve 500 seconds as opposed to nuDoom's ceiling of two feet undermined by the numerous safety nets of chainsaws restoring ammo, smartbomb BFGs with plentiful ammo, emergency health drops on low health, and no overlapping waves
It has enemies with their own roles and purpose as opposed to enemies in nuDoom which are frequently rendered void by being placed in places where they can't be utilized most effectively
It actually toys around with its own mechanics by having spiders which suck up crystals you need or flying centipedes which nullify homing daggers or the arena getting smaller over time or the boss enemy which messes with your hearing, in nuDoom nothing even plays on the idea of Glory Kills
It justifies being a first-person game rather than a top-down shooter because it actually challenges your aim in 3D space by having you lead your projectiles and take in account the erratic up-down movement of enemies and their weakpoints as you actually need to aim alongside the vertical axis, in nuDoom the verticality in its arenas is an opportunity poorly utilized by the enemy AI as they don't make a serious effort to get you from above

the 'criticism' that the level(s) is just an arena is equally as retarded for Devil Daggers as it is for nuDoom because there's nothing preventing a game from being designed around arenas for levels, said criticism is merely implicit about other things, though nuDoom pulls it off rather poorly

What do you mean you've heard? Once Blu-Ray became a thing, the limit for physical media is that there barely is one now.

My reasoning wasn't what I was questioning, I was questioning my initial assumption that devs were not compressing anything anymore. Your first headline picture seems to confirm my assumption.

Uncompressed audio is less a retarded audiophile thing and more a last-ditch optimization thing. Decompressing audio is a surprising amount of work for toaster-tier CPUs, so devs think they're being more toaster-friendly by shipping their games with uncompressed audio.
Problem is, it's also reasonable to assume toaster owners don't have much disk space or a great internet connection either. Gaining a couple frames by sacrificing a shitton of gigabytes to uncompressed audio is a ridiculous tradeoff unless you're making a console game and streaming from disk, which doesn't happen anymore because console games have lengthy installs now too.

This isn't Todd's game you absolute fucking retards.

Kill yourself cuckchanner
>>>/cuckchan/

Did we play the same game? I didn't experience any of that

Nice ID hop OP

Completely out of place

cash version is better, eat my ass.

cash version sucks, the original hurt is the perfect conclusion to a fantastic album, cash's is a cover nigger

the original is literally painful to listen to.

thats the point

no fuck off

please just kill yourself, cancer to discussion

Nope don't care. Doesn't matter how well it fits if the song is garbage.

get used to being talked down to

nope.

No you aren't. Faggots on here are just trying to push a the :Anything past Doom 2 is bad" meme.

I'm tempted to make a doom 64 thread now to encourage more people to play it/ex

doom 2 basic gameplay is great but the levels are fucking horrendous.

So I guess it's "Anything past the original Doom is bad" meme.

Or "Doom was never good" meme.

They're not too bad until you reach Sandy Peterson's levels. And then may God have mercy on your soul.

doom 2 has quite a few bad levels but plenty of good ones too, I think it's for every 2 good levels there's 1 bad one

I am sorry you settle for mediocrity, user. You can be better than this.

I wonder what it's like to get so assblasted over a game you don't like that the crux of your argument is "back to cuckchan plebbit nigger cock sucker RREEEEEEE". You're trying way too hard to fit in, or you're just LARPing.

I've enjoyed it so far.
Honor kills aren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be and there's a munch higher skill ceiling then I initially thought.
Although I forgot the chainsaw existed the second I picked it up it's an obvious clutch if you suck at the game
Good shit

The bad shit

Torrent it like I did if you don't want to give money to Zenimax, but I can honestly recommend it.

doomfags will always be butt blasted by it, even though the original doom was entirely an experimental idea of making an FPS without a Z buffer.

Fucking newfaggot

Kill yourself cuckchanner, you strawman is shit and so are you.

I see you lack the braincells necessary to continue this discussion

(checked)
Would be good if they weren't upgrades and half of them weren't a downright necessity to not make the game a sluggish mess against bulletsponges.
All true
Except the variety is useless as theres barely any quantity of them
Not really, everything looks like glossed out shit

This
It's even worse than Doom 3 as the cutscene shit is even longer
Demons design is ok even if Dooms is superior
Barely serviceable

Except plenty of games did that before it

Hell is a place of eternal damnation and damnation is pretty fucking boring if stretched out forever.

NuDooms Hell is fucking garbage and most of the level design there is also garbage including a shitton of invisible walls so that you progress linearly to get all the Nest Cysts for the shittu arenas where all the enemies actually appear.

They fucking nailed the boringness of Hell, then. What irks me the most is the fact that Doom 3 wasn't really good, but the Hell levels were awesome, in both Doom 3 vanilla and in Doom: RoE.

Fair enough.

Stop this gay shit. 3 was just okay, and I can't be arsed to even pirate nudoom. Nudoom looks ALRIGHT and perhaps even edging into good, but the 60 gigs (or whatever absurd number) deter me. It seems like it could even be definitely good if there were some minor changes, but

Yes, like in the original game.
That's just bad game design.
Because level designers are talentless hacks that can't balance health pickups in the world with enemy encounters. Either that or target audience for the game is full of retards who don't understand resource management and assessing risks.

(checked)
That's a good point.

Holy hell shitrim was fucking 8 gigs.

I thought it was okay. It's not really Doom other than the setting, but I had a decent enough time with it. Arcade mode is where it's at.

6 years is a long time ago.

Titanfall 2 is an immensely better shooter than nu-doom

remember when people bitched about rage being a 21gb game

in multiplayer maybe. sp campaign was boring.

Not really, more that that 21GB of shit wouldn't load in properly on AMD/ATI systems.

I thought it was an inferior Serious Sam honestly. Just as you think the wave is getting fun it ends. The shotgun is really disappointing too. The rocket launcher was good though. I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was genius like most media or players think. It completely shits on nuWolfenstein though.

Titanfall 2, when you master the controls feels more like first person Vanquish. The webm isn't the best example I have but I didn't make many.

well yeah, amd/ati not working correctly for one reason or another is pretty much standard operating procedure. devs support their shit poorly, they don't get day 1 drivers out on time (not necessarily the fault of amd) and there's plenty of documented sabotage.

just the way of the world

Well I guess my webm told me to fuck off. It wasn't a good one anyway.

the fact that they focused so much on hitscan really dissuades me from even wanting to try titanfall 2, it makes the whole thing sound like a waste

A lot of players feel that way, calling it shitscan. It has loads of projectile weapons but it isn't a perfect game and hopefully they'll improve it in the future. Still if you're fast enough you can avoid most of it.

yeah but because there's hitscan there's that massive crutch that nullifies how cool that movement might be to making the game feel more 2D than 3D like it should be.

I've played through Doom 4 multiple times, and it's honestly not as bad as Holla Forums says. It isn't fantastic, though.

The game tried to do something interesting with the chainsaw: a one-hit kill weapon that has very limited ammo. It uses more ammo the tougher the enemy is. See a Baron of Hell? You can use the chainsaw to kill him in one hit so you're not fighting 2 of them at once. You can also use it for ammo pinatas, for when you run low on ammo. Chainsaw two imps in a row, and you have all your ammo back. It provided an actual tactical choice to the game.

The PROBLEM is that the game gives you too much ammo on drops. If you start to get low, every enemy will start dropping ammo. You never get a lot, but you get enough that you never run dry on any gun.

Then there's the problem with the demons: they all fight you exactly the same, except for pinkies. They all charge at you to try to melee you, or they throw fireballs. There was a bit of subtle game design to how Doom 1993's enemies attacked, and it made you instinctively learn how to fight them. The hitscan zombies didn't do a lot of damage, but they would almost always hit you, so you usually killed them first even if there were a lot more demons than zombies. You made on-the-fly decisions based on what demons were in front of you, and the map design was used to exploit their behavior and force the player to think to get through situations.

I also don't really like the arena system. Doom 4 is pretty cool because you're walking through this really neat Mars base, but then after like 4 levels the map designer got bored and just made everything a series of arenas connected with corridors.

it looked a little better than the typical "throwback shooter." I haven't played it and I'm in no rush to.

Like I said I don't disagree with you, but they're still fun to be had.

Would have been an okay game if not for the fucking close quarter cutscenes. Why the fuck do i have to teleport and watch through a fucking animation everytime i'm punching or cutting through an enemy? Who thought that was a good idea? And why is close quarters a fucking instakill? What's this, battlefield? You need to blast an enemy with all kinds of demonic weaponry but somehow your fist is enough? I just wanted it to be an okay game, nothing more, only okay, but no.

NuDoom was Okay but it's also feels bland. It's clear they saw that Brutal Doom was popular and copied the Rip and tear meme. but even Brutal Doom did that better by limiting it to the berserk power up. Enemies feel like they they have more health when there dazed so you don't kill them when they want you to glory kill them. but when you can glory kill every enemy in the game it loses it's impact fast. one of my favorite part of original Doom is getting Berserk and punching enemies into piles meat. you don't need a fancy animation for every enemies just let me punch shit.

Making your character THE DOOM SLAYER also trivialize things, When your destined to be a unstoppable badass That everyone knows is an unstoppable badass that's less badass. What made DOOM GUY great was just that, he was a guy. a normal person who was badass because you the player were playing like a badass. I like Doom 3 more then NuDoom since it still retained that aspect of normal guy fighting hell.

They reverted it again to two charges

The music is a real fuckin crime. As a fan of industrial metal I was excited to see what they'd do for the soundtrack, but instead of being like Quake it was just BWOOOEEOW BWUUUW BLUB

ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS HIRE RHYS FULLBER

LITERALLY

If you want a better nuDoom experience just mute the music and put on some Nine inch Nails. The Downward Spiral, Fragile, With Teeth, The Slip, Not the Actual Events.

It's way more fitting than the dubstep-metal that made it into the game. It's alright music but hardly very "doom" and that disappoints me because good industrial is in short supply

Nigga
Where's fear factory, ministry, static x etc?

Plus there's SHIT TONS of new and good cyber metal out there.

woops wrong link

Should've just gotten Zynthetic to do the OST

Really? I didn't even know they patched it. That's fantastic news.

Good taste

I wish Nine Inch Nails (or atleast Trent) kept going with his dark ambient music. One of the best parts of Quake was it's music

the only thing that NIN ever did that wasn't total shit

objectively fucking wrong

hey you're right I had never given this the time of day
I just think about pretty little hate machine being a shitty depeche mode ripoff and don't pay much mind to anything else they've done honestly

PHM is an anomaly and nothing like the rest of his stuff. The entire rest of the discog is really solid shit [minus hesitation marks, don't bother with that.]

Also read the lyrics while listening to TDS and Fragile, They're concept albums with a story and shit.

I liked it too.

It's not just laziness. Games nowadays use models for literally everything, almost no constructive solid geometry (or whatever the proper term will be) which obviously increases the size. And the compression will increase the loading times.

If only modding wasn't shit and they actually did something with the game engine, but it was pretty much average to good, could have been great.

Are we being raided?

Crossposters from 4chan after they banned NeoGAF threads.

I like it

This is the most handholdy mechanic ever. Running low on health? Enemies drop health and glory kills give even more stuff. Running low on ammo? Enemies will start dropping just enough so you get a couple extra shots. Better glory kill'em to save ammo! At least the chainsaw has limited ammo, even if it is pretty much the 'give me ammo to shoot' button.

nudoom was so far the only god damn AAA game that even comes close to being a faithful callback to better days in gaming in the past decade and there are still faggots that ceaselessly bitch and moan about it not being doom.

I don't know man, have you even played the original Doom? I'd hardly call mashing melee to rack up easy glory kills on hordes of zerg zombies a callback to the original.

You forgot to say "entitled" in your post.

I wasn't exactly saying it was a callback just that it was a whole hell of a lot closer than anything else AAA.
It's not a bad game no matter how much you faggots that clearly haven't even fucking played it, or if you have played it you played it on the easiest setting, insist it is. Don't get me wrong it's not making all my dreams come true either but it's one hell of a massive step in the right direction.

Agreed. Bethescucks need to learn how to compress their fucking shitty games. Honestly, nuDooM should have been split into three different sections for download. One for multiplayer, the other for single player, and the last for their garbage editor so people don't have to download 60 Gigabytes of shit. I hated the campaign but enjoyed the multiplayer for what it's worth.

Yeah, it's a step in the right direction but it's just an okay game. I hope that the inevitable sequel doesn't fuck it all up, there's a lot of potential to improve the game with just a few changes.

If anyone else hasn't noticed this trend this is an indicator of an outsider, possibly redditor, infiltrating here. In both 2016 and 17 controversial opinion games or w/e the fuck you call them had threads with this being stated at the beginning. I assume the same threads were made on 4/v/ just to get some attention. Any time you see this or "how do we fix X" remember to report on sight.

NuDoom is a generic casual FPS that Halofags like since the newest ones suck ass, Doomguy kind of looks like Master Chief and they have low standards, just not low enough to enjoy the newest Gaylo.

This board has been so fucking shit nowadays I don't even know why I still post here.
The Salt Party gave me hope after late 2015 was an uncomfy shitfest, everything from shit hotpocketering to removal of dubs and Overcuck generals were supposed to make me leave for good.
I should have stayed gone, there's even have mobileshit generals now.

NuDoom is piss easy on Nightmare
Even moreso if you already ran throught it once.

Honest question, are there any games that don't get easieror that you get better at if you really want to split hairs the more you play them?

Yes, like how id did.

I said thst because that will likely be the case for most people.

I think you're thinking of wolfenstein m8

wow thats edgy

Reminder that bethesda shills always make threads like this, not even exaggerating. They're quite literally the only ones that make posts in this style, "Am I the only one having fun with this?" They did this for 3 years after the release of Skyrim, then Fallout 4, and now this.

You don't want to be like Romero.

Honestly, if enemies didn't turn into pinatas whenever you were low on something, this game would be way more fun. As it stands though, its pretty okay at best. Doesn't hold a candle to the rest, but nothing ever will.And its still better than Doom 3.