The end of net neutrality is at the gates, lads

Goddamn Porky just has to get his fingers in everything.

yro.slashdot.org/story/17/02/23/2114218/fcc-votes-to-lift-net-neutrality-transparency-rules-for-smaller-internet-providers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ByKXcIPi7MI?t=11m46s
huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/17/net-neutrality-gone_n_4611477.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we all knew this was going to happen at some point right ?

yeah, there's just too much money in it. sad, tho

i can't wait for SOPA to come back from the grave

It's good because this'll fuck right-wing echochambers with smaller userbases like mises, infowars and breitbart while giving social media giants even more power.
Freemarketeers getting fucked but the free market, it's pretty beautiful.
Also government restraining private industry is bad for innovation and communism so there's that.
When is Holla Forums moving to facebook.com/declasscucked.memes ?

oh well.

it's making me anxious just looking at this

would you pay for the muh privilege to chan?

my god this is going to ruin the internet

so actually they just want to extend the exceptions.
does anyone know if this is good or bad?

It would no longer require smaller ISPs to report when and how much they are throttling service, and other statistics to consumers.
The problem is now the big guys can just make smaller holding companies to circumvent all the laws. This is not the end of net neutrality, but it is a step, and the FCC commish is known to be anti-neutrality.

this is my fear as well, but i'm unsure about the feasibility of distributing hundreds of millions of americans amongst small ISPs to circumvent net neutrality laws, and whether this would even work because it sounds pretty illegal.

If they create a separate company, like Comcast East Nashville, which has few enough users, they can circumvent the reporting regulations. Porky gonna pork.

I'm getting sick

This level of price-gouging would crash the economy. There are shitloads of people whose income depends on reliable internet access at the quality we have now.

They aren't going to be available and bypassing your ISP's restrictions will be a criminal offense. No sweat off the ruling class's back to add a few million more to the prisons.

no fucking way.

EXCUSE ME YOU FUCKING NON-WHITE MALE, USING THE TERM "LADS" IS CULTURAL APPROPRIATION
>>>/oven/

stop being gay

Y'know I don't agree with you guys on a lot of things, but fuck, I'm also in favor of net neutrality. This is some unfortunate news.

go away Richard Spencer.

Corporations want computers to be televisions you have slightly more control over. Fuckerburg basically flat out said this at a tech conference once and the head of Google agreed.

They don't want your input except where it can help them advertise and they hate that the internet is used for communications across the globe. The more isolated you're by region the more they can control the flow of information.

wat dis?

This. This is how they will shut it down.
Also, sup with that pic?

at least will still have the deep web
r-right guys?

Build your solar-powered Wi-Fi geocaches soon, anons.

MGS2 predicted a lot of their attempts to control the internet and the flow of information.

silicon valley should be burned to the ground

gotcha

I AM THE LAST STAND OF IMPLICIT HUWHITE IDENTITY AND I DEMAND THAT YOU STOP SAYING LAD

lad stop being gay

meant for

Oh jesus fucking christ

So like, is there any way to break away from these big companies? Is there a wifi equivalent to the freedom that say, solar power gives you?

see
big corporations still have to follow that law.

not legally or conveniently afaik.
in a pirate party world we would all be running p2p meshnets on our free hardware smartphones but in reality only NSA-controlled corporations can produce baseband chips and touch efficient mobile frequencies.
and i heard encryption is illegal on public frequencies.

HSMM/hinternet
Sadly the infrastructure is small and your communication will be very public as current law dictates

This is edited, right?

If her hair was jet black instead of some bullshit chemical color she'd be my wife right now.

Encryption is only prohibited in amateur broadcasting operations. Users of unlicensed ISM-band gear can transmit whatever they like.

Good

This is the true accelerationism

You know it in your heart to be true.

This needs to happen.

Agreed. We need to stop holding back capitalism's death. We need to embrace the terror and throw some gasoline on the fire.

youtu.be/ByKXcIPi7MI?t=11m46s

This is the sort of thing people would get up-in-arms about like Zizek talks about here. Imagine when everybody discovers they can't watch Netflix without paying an additional fee.

Yeah, and particularly in the case of Netflix and the like (entertainment) it would be them losing the "circus" of bread and circuses. The internet for millions is the last place to go to soothe the pains of capitalism. Just look at all the memes about depression.

no, faggot
first you solve the speed problem
I'm not gonna go back to dial-up tier speeds
DHT based LANs are feasible
DHT based WAN is not

good i can't stand americunts.
it will be nice to finally get rid off them on most sites.

the speed problem is caused by the illegality problem faggot and also i don't really give a fuck about your personal speed preferences enjoy sucking concast cock.

actually europe doesn't really have net neutrality [anymore] either.
the decision was last summer iirc. the US net neutrality laws appear far superior, though the suggested amendment might fuck over a lot of people.
afaik european loopholes are so big they could have abolished the law altogether.

Couldn't you be bothered to download your common pepes nearer a base station and not complain of the kindness of workers' gadgets bucket-brigading your packets along to the nearest wireline?

the speed problem is caused by network architecture, slow nodes, routing procedure, encryption, small network size

how is illegal? status somehow related?
are you telling me people don't use i2p bcs it is illegal? and not because it's slow as fuck and not plug and play?

nice attitude
enjoy your special snowflake slow ass i2p with 1.5 nodes

"why is my network connection so slow?"
"dunno, depends on network topology, but nobody knows what kind of topology our network has right now, so lol"

Yeah realistically the way it'll ACTUALLY happen is comcast will head over to netflix and go "gee that sure is some respectable traffic you're getting there… it would be a shame if something HAPPENED to it…"

NEXT LEVEL SPECTACLE

romania has some of the fastest internet speeds on earth because people built meshnets before capitalism took over.
we could build equally efficient meshnets with mobile phones if it was liberated you fucking capitalist cocksucker.

source?

what a load of bullshit

I could believe that you could build high speed mesh LAN with your neighbours, but the whole world wide web?
do you understand what amount of energy is required to broadcast this shit?

guess statists are not leftists, amiright?

literally a Trump cult at this point

Throwing up

hahaha end my life

huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/17/net-neutrality-gone_n_4611477.html

it's where that pic comes from

maybe this is what finally gets us off our asses and organize in real life

Ahahaha canuck here y'all are screwed my condolences lmao

This will absolutely affect everywhere soon enough.

KURWA

bump