World War 1 games

I got the urge to indulge in some WW1 style games, so are there any good ones out there?
I know of some, like BF1 (trash), Valiant Hearts and an (propably) early access one I can't remember the name of.

Other urls found in this thread:

dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-50-blueprint-for-armageddon-i/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Verdun and Tannenberg
There is also Man of War 2 ww1 mod that was released as a stand alone game but forgot the name

Go Verdun for semi-realistic trench action and Tannenberg for semi-realistic Eastern Front action.

Is Tannenberg worth a buy?
How does player count look?

Bad, there're a lot of bot matches but other than that it's better than Verdun and server cap has been doubled to 64.

I hate how nobody gave a shit about WW1 or even knew that WW1 ever happened just a few years ago.

Now after the retarded BF1 came out every kid pretends to care about WW1.

If it makes you feel better, I got interested after listening to this dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-50-blueprint-for-armageddon-i/

We've been playing WWI bf 1942 mods for like 2 decades now.

Voice of this faggot is annoying

He sounds fine to me.
The only thing that I find a bit annoying is the "american hype" voice. Kind of like how Mack (rest in peace sweet prince) used to talk

Only thing I'd ever play through WWI for is the unique strategic shooter gameplay trench warfare would be forced to offer for anyone to choose it over another FPS.

His voice is ok tbh, what is more annoying is that he completely disregarded the consequences of WWI, and how they led to WWII.
He should have first done the WWI series, then a series on the interwar period, and then about WWII.
The ostfront series was extremely disappointing too.

If you want full servers and are willing to overlook just how far DICE took the Sweden Yes! meme then BF1. If you want a slow game with empty servers and clunky movement, try Verdun. Verdun is without a doubt the more realistic of the two, but BF1 is hands down the more entertaining. BF1 just reminds me of a WW2 game with a WW1 reskin, some of the maps they released in the French DLC has good trench warfare, but the overwhelming majority of the fighting is just shit you'd expect to find in the ETO during WW2.

threadly reminder that if you haven't read pic related you don't know SHIT about infantry combat

I was just thinking about this scene yesterday.

He doesn't really look at things in connection to each other, I can't really blame him, a lot of people in modern urban society are like that (like me who buys games >before summer sales).
Cheers though, I liked his series on the Khans

I was planning on watching that movie once, but then I saw the germans using m48's so I skipped it.

The first world war truly was hell.

Semi? something not quite right with it?

I assume he means it in the way that everyone runs around on their own and just kills people.

WHERE IS IT?

I found that mod, but never used it. Verdun runs like diarrhea on my build.

Vicky 2 is good for Grand Strategy that leads you into WW1. but Grand Strategy might be a bit patrician tier for OP

Kaiser Wilhelm II was an idiot, though. And Bismarck even warned him that his choices for his general staff would doom him - which was exactly what happened when Moltke completely botched the invasion of France.

Well fuck,you're never gonna get a realistic game by those standards unless you get some hardened autism elites.

this

Moltke did nothing wrong.
It wasn't his fault that Schlieffen was being an Prussian autist and planned for an invasion that he wasn't even going to be part of.

WW1 was fucking boring, why would you want an accurate WW1 game?

See what you've done is thrown a car battery into a lake.

Pic fucking related

It's the duct tape version of modern warfare where new tech was massively effective against the old tried and true shit. You had Napoleonic era tactics with modern firepower resulting in some incredibly dumb shit happening.

>inevitable

The war was inevitable, Germany losing it by provoking as many possible opponents as possible wasn't.

They had to go full historical revisionism for that. There are way too many automatic rifles.
They had a game mode to make it semi-realistic by having a bolt-action only loadouts (I think it was called "Back to Basics") but Dice never promoted it so all the servers are empty.
Speaking of Dice, I can't wait to see how they're going to fuck up Battlefield 5.

Verdun is probably the best one. What's wrong with BF1 anyway?

A war that was cause by an Austro-Serbian pissing contest that spilled out so that Russia had to get involved because they were allied with Serbia, which meant Germany was obligated to get involved because they were allied with Austria, which got France involved because they were allied with Russia, which made Germany have to attack France since they had declared war on both them and Austria, so they marched their armies through Belgium to thwart the French defenses, only to get Britain involved even thought they were not allied with any of the original parties in this situation, but WERE allied with Belgium. You’re saying that all this clusterfuck is the German’s fault?

Yes, and if you have bothered to learn a bit about german plicies before WW1 you would know.
Bismark spent his entire career getting cozy with russia while pissing off france precisely so that shit lke that wouldnt happen, but the kauser was an autist and allied austria-hungary because muh haplogroups.

Ace of spades is a WWI game

What about Single-player games? These are all multiplayer games.

Every rifle is a semi-auto, and there's no static machine guns. It was a good game, but calling it WW1 is pushing it, user.

The Men of War standalone mod is Battle of Empires: 1914-1918. It's pretty good if you liked the original Men of War campaign, but the developers were absolute retards and broke it up into a confusing mess of DLC. Right now I think there's a British, French, German, Russian, Austro-Hungarian, and kebab campaigns, along with a campaign that focuses more on armoured vehicles from different nations, and they all have about 8-10 missions.

Still fucking wrong, and engaging in fratricidal wars are for cucks. Not supporting your brothers is for cucks. Austria should have just unified with Germany altogether and abandoned most of the Balkans.

Kill yourself.

kys

It wasn't enough that they made a black german sniper DICEversity decided to make aboriginal soldiers for the Anzac's. Fucking horrible abo shits never put anything on the line ever!

Fucking Sweden, just nuke the country already

Don't worry, swedish scientists is working on a quantum computer which will in all of it's technological prowess realize that suicide is the only logical way forwards.

Yeah, nah. Also: the distances aren't great enough. When you can just run up and around their defenses, and he riflecan puncture everything with just two hits, there is no real reason to dig trenches either, Larger, more open areas, with longer view distances and heavy machine guns that can only be moved very slowly or build for resources (which must be brought in from the base), as well as making fortifications tougher would solve most of these problems.

A mix of AoS and Foxholes would be rad.

And how would you fit all of that in an FPS?

It's simple:
You take Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm, and instead of tanks there are artillery crews. They can be killed by snipers if they are not careful, or be hit by the enemy artillery if they don't relocate in time.
The artillery is another platoon, that has their own leader. The infantry and artillery platoons need to communicate, since it will take a lot of time for the artillery to relocate, but if you want to keep your attack going, you need artillery at the new front lines ready to go, not where you have just captured an objective. You don't want to continue shelling a position you have already taken, or drop gas shells where they will kill your own troops.
Teams get respawn tickets, but depending on the current career score, they can get fewer or more tickets, depending on if they overextend their supply lines. Each side gets FTL like choices every match, where they get to decide between more artillery ammo, an extra grenade for each solider and stuff like that, or no bonus at all. If they take the bonus however, that means that their supply lines will suffer, soldiers will get less food/medical supplies and you get less tickets, or less hitpoints per player.
You know how, on the campaign map in RO2 the players get to decide where to attack?
Imagine the same thing, but every tile is also associated with a unit. Once a tile is taken, the unit that took it advances to the newly taken tile, while the unit that lost it is forced back.
If the players decide to attack using that unit again, they will have less tickets in the next game, since their unit didn't get any time to resupply, while the enemy probably has a fresh unit ready to defend it. This forces the players to carefully select their attack route.
While I agree that the last paragraph is not very easy to translate into a multilayer game (especially with "democratic" elements), but you could do it for a singleplayer game.

I wish I was one of those ww1 pilots who would encounter enemy pilots and flip them off/make faces.

Man I wish that game was good so much. But it has too much cover faggotry and the gameplay is too focused on going invisible by clipping behind something while you mow down the 2-3 enemy soldiers who are charging, while at the same time having everyone charge in at once breaks the game.

I wish there was a game where you could play ww1 aircraft before they implemented machine guns.
So you fly around taking potshots with your pistol to fight off the other pilots.

Tannenberg is trash, they watered it down for shitters who found Verdun too fast, and filled it with bots to pad bad players' kill counts.

Are you saying the first thing you want to do when you imagine a burly strong man from a foreign country riding a sky horse is to cross your sword with his?

That's quite hot

If you don't want to cross swords with kraut sausage in the sky then I don't know what war is for.

The problem with WW1 is that it essentially was fought between massive amounts of volunteers and conscripts rather than professional soldiers.
These rather ill-trained troops were not equipped with the moustache and thus fell en masse. The power of the moustache grants a soldier increased concentration, thinking power and a natural barrier that has the potential to bounce bullets. Any soldier without one was a massive disadvantage and a liability on the battlefield.

This thread did need a bump tbh but I don't know if there's much more left to be said. There just doesn't seem like there's much good ww1 vidya left out there.

WW1 Sauce and BF1918 are fun, there's also a few decent flight games and naval games out there. The genre is surprisingly untouched in the TBS and RTS area and there's a fuckload of stuff about WW1 in Africa, Middle East, and Balkans that would make for a good setting

Pretty much every battle of the first world war would make a good setting.
Nothing says deforestation like days of constant artillery bombardment.

A few days ago I got an urge to remake ww1 medic in a way that isn't total shit. I probably won't

You monster!

It wasn't shit, but do it faggot