/rgg/ - rhythm games general

talk about anything rhythm game related, post scores, ask for help, etc

games people play:
etterna/stepmania (etternaonline.com/)
lunatic rave 2/bms (dream-pro.info/~lavalse/LR2IR/search.cgi)
taiko no tatsujin (emulate it or use a simulator)

guides for these games are on the wiki, which can be found here rggrepo.pbworks.com

our discord: discord.gg/CAWbMrE

Other urls found in this thread:

dream-pro.info/~lavalse/LR2IR/search.cgi?mode=mypage&playerid=117314
taito.com/steam
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for groove coaster
c-show's in the game now bois

First for Mambo A Go Go.

3rd for canmusic

but thats how you get rid of the fatass

have you tried playing with your fingers

Yeah, I generally just play with my hands at this point

nothin wrong with that. thats where all the cool strong guys play anyway

Every time a new rgg pops up I understand less and less of the topic image

have some rhythm game lore friend

play with ur mined

That's ok user, ask away.

Epic meme user, sorry we're not using Tox.

>telling Faggots that shill their shitty (((discord))) server to fuck off is a meme
fuck off and take your leddit clique with you.

it's just rhythm games

Nigga you're using a reaction image from a godawful game,you go back

I don't think you belong here.

I wonder just how many people here use discord.
It's not in any way a reason to use it, of course, but I'd bet if every one of them left the board would be pretty dead.

you don't have to use it you retard, just post about rhythm games

Rival me in LR2 if you want, I'm getting close to insane 2nd and 3rd dan.

dream-pro.info/~lavalse/LR2IR/search.cgi?mode=mypage&playerid=117314

What the fuck do you autists have against discord? And you better not say its because they sell your data.

Actually on topic, what's the best way to play Taiko no Tatsujin? I have some rock band drums that will work on PC if that helps.

that quote was meant for

we get that you jumped on board when the epin gg hypetrain happened and you wanted to be edgy but some people are on Holla Forums to play videogames user.

lmaoing at ur life

pls, enough discord talk, I just wanna hit japanese drums with cute mascots.

Best way to play is strangely enough the PS4 version at the moment. That said, the Vita games, psp games and DS/3DS games are all great as well.

Is the PS4 version worth picking up without the drumkit? It's £90 to import it with the controller.

filter them, user
what rhythm games have you been playing? you should try LR2, its really fun

There isn't really a good taiko sim so probably the original hardware. The Vita one is great I hear, really any of the most current ones for their respective consoles are good.

does the american version of it come with the drum kit? Otherwise I'm just gonna get the japanese version.

The best way to play taiko is to pirate it on anything you can.
The 3ds version has most every song on a console taiko game through piracy.

I mean playing on controller is just fun. if you can get the drum.

There's an American version?

Surprisingly enough, yes.

I AM ANGRY. ANGRY ABOUT MONKEYS.

The only american version of taiko is the ps2 one, the song list is awful and the drum controller is unresponsive.

there's only a japanese version, but it has an english language option.

What're some good rhythm games to try out if I quite like Amplitude and Groove Coaster? I really like how amplitude's difficulty feels 'just right', and Groove Coaster's track list, especially in arcade, really appeals to me. I always feel like these games are way too easy or cripplingly difficult and unfun, with no setting to practice on to lead into the highest difficulty.

Not true. There's beginner difficulties for games like IIDX and LR2/BMS, it just doesn't really get shown off because the games are so niche that most who do play are gods.
As for groove coaster, theres an android version, not sure how good it is though. Not sure about any similar games either.

top 3 rhythm games for a newcomer whos not afraid of challenge.
go

etterna / stepmania
lr2 / iidx

osu
guitar hero
project diva

What's the current state of Osu! right now? I heard a few years ago that it was basically spyware, and I uninstalled it immediately. I'm having an urge to play it, but there's no way if it hasn't been fixed, or if there isn't a good clone.

Yeah it's pretty easy to get used to the difficulty of BMS (LR2), there's over 10 thousand charts (custom difficulties) for thousands of songs, so there's plenty for everyone.

If you're interested, then have a look at the repository link in the OP, though we can better help you set up in Discord.

Well the source code got released so afaik peppy got off his jewish aussie ass and decided to take out questionable things before releasing it. Dont take my word for it though.

bumping with one of the best songs from cannon ballers

bumping with one of the best songs from doki doki rave club

bumping with one of the best EVERYDAY, I KNOW, THAT I MISS YA, EVERY HOUR, EVERY MINUTE, THAT I BREATHE

Groove coaster for Steam got announced a few hours ago.
taito.com/steam

can't wait to break my keyboard trying to play fujin rumble

really hope they release an arcade-style controller for it

Playing this and enjoying it a lot.
It's a nice change from other rhythm games because it's just slamming fucking noise and has great audio/visual coherence, also I like getting myself used to strange time signatures like 7/8 key.
It's also pretty forgiving in its inputs and doesn't require concentrated autism like most doujin rhythm games and stuff.
Would recommend for around 10bucks, it's 9 levels of 20-40 minutes each with liberal autosave checkpointing, so basically an arcade game content-wise. Could use more game modes maybe though.

If that's true that would actually be kind of good, I might give it shot.

Is groove coaster actually fun? I never tried it 'cus it looked like some weird gimmicky thing.

The last time i played that piece of shit game, it had the same monotone fucking sound signature, you don't play rhythm games to hear the same album, you play a variety of songs to jerk off to. It's not even a hard game on top of it, which a lot of reviewers fucking tricked me into when there's no fucking chords and for a rhythm game, there's no re-bindable keys, what a fucking meme.

it's way more fun when you have actual controls like the arcade version instead of a touchscreen like the mobile version.

how do i wrist scratch
taka. s is too hard in bms where i gotta hit all the notes quickly instead of accurately, i need help

just do easy shit with 1048+wrist, don't expect to jump into hard shit with a brand new style.

It's fun but hard to take seriously because of a few bullshit mechanics. That said, still definitely worth playing and it is actually fun as shit, don't expect to get good sightread scores though.

CoroCoro 40th anniversary pack will be released for free on taiko ps4

Do not play if prone to seizures though.
Otherwise it is an utter blast!

cleared 2nd insane dan

god player