Dragon Universe: BYOND's 2nd most popular game

Okay so, I used my Monkey's Paw to wish for a sandbox MMO with a lot of depth, that could also be easily private server'd and would run even on toasters. The paw told me such a thing already exists.
The catch is it's a BYOND game. The second most popular BYOND game, but still a BYOND game.
Not wanting to have wasted a wish, I gave it a try anyway. It's… Not horrible, actually. If you can find people to play it with that aren't autistic middle-schoolers, it's actually a pretty good sandbox MMO.
Which is why I'm hosting an unlisted server for it.
byond://174.106.83.254:4242
First one to blow up a planet or genocide a race wins a prize. And yes, both things are possible in-game.

Other urls found in this thread:

dragon-universe-guides.blogspot.com/p/coming-back-to-life.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But what is the game?

can't find it on muh byond

i recognize the attack pattern; it's the Toriel fight from Undertale

It's in the title. Dragon Universe, though the BYOND pager says it's called "Super" or something. Think SS13 but persistent rather than round-based. Also the ability to blow up the place and have it STAY blown up, at least until someone manages to wish it back.

The link's in the OP.

my bad, I never really used this program

Allowed guests, fam.

So far so good. Built a house, flew to Namek, got boarded by Piccolo, and flew him to Earth as he kept beating me up. Not a bad way to spend a Thursday night.

Holy shit, those little androids are assholes.

Oh shit, it begins. The balls are no longer inert.

This game is a gift.

What characters can you play as?

You mean what races, or what non-custom chharacters? Because we have both.

So is there any point to not going Saiyan?

There might be and we just haven't found it yet…
I do know they get fucked if their tail gets injured.

I got my tail grabbed in a fight with doc and it instantly drained all my energy

and to add to that, I just made a module that can only be installed in androids

I had to sleep, but I'm back now.

What the hell, OP?

What a waste of talent, manpower and dedication. I really wish that trash would just die it's fucking unusable

Hi arde

Alrighty, I think I got the server settings set up right. Here's hoping that's the last wipe we'll need.

I'm going to go 100% insane and build a Ki regeneration spirit doll build that ok with you faggots?
Think Chiaotzu but like buff.

Considering I'm basically becoming Tony Stark, be my guest.

Have some OC

Dragon-Ki: Super 2017 is hub title. Is there beginner guide or good-for-starters build?
Strange. It doesn't stand at 2nd place along with SS13 anymore.

Disregard that. It was some ripoff i saw. Game is indeed just called "Super".

You bastards are too saiyan, so I had to come back as frieza. Still gonna be a master of punching things

Yes. Bully the saiyans. All 1 of them.

Hello yes I just genocided the entire Icer Race. There are no more Icers, they're all dead or in captivity.

The space jews are dead, the space monkeys are next.

This is why space niggers nigger

I remember playing this game as a kid.
Does EXGenesis still go around nuking private servers that don't suck his dick?

I have no idea what I'm doing. I keep getting my ass kicked by virus androids and I have zero energy.

1. You can ask a (((good))) guy to spar with you. With these BP gains leech rates are insane and you'll catch up in no time and 1shot those suckers
2. Splitform, shadowspar, etc. Vegeta has gyms but there is a orbital satellite preventing exit.
not for long though :^)

haha dude

Server ded?

ded

I mean, it is dead, right?
No connecting 4 me

Still not working for me either

deeeeeeeeeeed

rip gains

Shit looked fun, despite being same annoying engine as Space Station 13.
InterBay never ever.

Hopefully it will be back.

Download where? I like to host a private server to figure things out for myself in those games.

This sounds pretty fun actually. Still ded?

You can't buy spawns. You can get a spawn changer, but that only works for yourself.

Also we can see logs, you know.

fuck

Sorry about that, internet died right before I left for work. Server should be back up soon.

Yes you can. Look again.

I wanna go beyond this shit.

Which game is the one in the middle, now?

Its back up

>it actually is

I just made a character and gravity is already kicking my ass.

Complain at OOC, fam.
Someone will help you out

where is everything? i am stuck at the start

This was the moment I knew I was going to die.

forgot image fuck

I remember older versions of dragon universe having a full rape system and players could spawn as your progeny and catapult out of the victims vagina.

Wellllll…

Welp, we just got the first SSJ get. GG.

I have never played a BYOND game and I just connected and made a pickle, what do all the stats do?

That sounds amazing

Tell us other anons who aren't playing funny stories of the user z fighters killing each other in the style of one of the episodes, or of one of the parodies, I don't care which.

This looks like it's fun for dumb stories and retarded fanfic shit.

Basically, I play a human thot named Qoo. Instead of leveling up my physical stats, I basically focused almost entirely on Knowledge, as well as acquiring dosh. This results in me being incredibly easy for others to kill, but making my player constructions incredibly hard to kill.
This, combined with Qoo's insane amounts of currency, led to tyrannical shenanigans such as creating a laser satellite network around planet Vegeta preventing anyone from leaving, and using science to redirect the Saiyan player spawn to a Gay Baby Jail surrounded by retardedly impenetrable walls, basically capturing the entire race for a time.

Also now I'm somehow teleported to a desert.

That's the idea, though with a bit more flourish, for example in a parody tone:

in what can you even use currency?

Push M in-game to find out.

Was iffy about adding Gohan, but he more or less counts due to having all the advantages.

If I were better at art, I'd make Qoo look accurate. Pic related.

Barotrauma.

24 hours later, this meme is already horribly obsolete.

Just be Cell or bubble gum

wat

I'm awful tempted to get in on this shit for user shenanigans. I'll pop on later.

God damn it.

I'll pick you up m8

Find the jew and get a gravity machine with a loan

How do I into BP?

read a book

Man this is gay, if the admin could turn that off or something that'd be nice but I understand there are shitters who would just use it to infinity power up or some shit.

If one of you had a VPN that could probably work

Its matin time

Quality game

Goddamn I'm not even safe from this hell while dead

The saiyans did this.

Literal shitters

WHAT DID YOU DO

Fixed.

Last night my button setup got wiped and now I can't get things like walking or talking set to a button because it's not in the drag-and-drop list.
Wat do?

Huh. Try restoring defaults.

I tried that already, does nothing.

i am missing something?

You need to double click it.

Can you have multiple characters or only one?

One per BYOND key, two keys per IP

the game is kinda buggy, is the host using the latest build?

Sweet, thanks man.

Can you reroll a character or were you supposed to check what the races do beforehands?

You can reroll by relogging and picking "New". It'll delete your previous save, though.

So can anyone expain the fighting in this? Because I just mash spacebar and click wasd as hard as I can.
please tell me there is more

There is, especially if you're a Ki-based fighter. Look into learning some new skills.

Is there a way to switch one character from guest login to a proper account? I made one after I made my character and I don't wanna lose it.

I wish.

At least I'm getting stronger, I think

leave your body somewhere safe and then mindswap into it

Possibly cloning shenanigans, as well.

So can Majins only get stronger by absorbing others? Does that work on NPCs? The absorb skill doesn't seem to do much of anything.

They learned QPU Alignment by seeing it for 12 h o u r s or less.

Does anyone have any advice on how to play as a Bio-android?

am I able to absorb anything or just players?

If they work like majins then absorbing players is the only way to power up.

When are we going to start forming epic sagas and memes?

when earth and namek gets restored.
Ningens,not even once.

Next wipe we'll probably try to play semi-serious, because people will know what the hell they're mostly doing.

I was considering wiping, but then we'd have a bunch of people who grinded not wanting to play anymore due to lost gains. So for now, here's my plan:
That way, even if the second server goes south, we'll be able to go back to the main server with no loss.
Thoughts on this?

I like it

Might be okay, but I still fear it's gonna split up the little group we have now. I don't think splitting ~10 people is gonna make it fun on the slower serb.

And server 2 is now up.
The old server is now known as the Green Server. It's the high-gains casual shitfest.
byond://174.106.83.254:4242
The new server is the Purple Server. It's the low-gains RP cesspool.
byond://174.106.83.254:4343
Have fun fags.

What a time to be alive

Eh I'm happy to start over with lower gains now that I know what I'm doing somewhat, but not so keen on having to RP for it.

It's DBZ, I think you'll manage.

at least we shouldn't get powercreeped to oblivion on the rp serb

thank you v, my sides have left

I just wanted to meme I didn't want this

pic related

I trying this again and I welcome back with my character having 67M BP as well as an offer to be ranked as Mr. Popo

So now I'm Mr. Popo. As a Cell.

You're on a different server.

ah. Knew that offer was too good to be true.

Welp, the Green server is dead. I'll post the memory picture. Please add to it, I don't have the entire list of 'memorables' (I.E. people who played and stay played.)

I seem to have landed my ship in hell somehow and it wont take off. Any solution or am i stuck training in the afterlife (while alive) for eternity?

I found the "I'm stuck" button…

this is pleasing my autism so much

Fuck damn it looks like i'm learning how to play either in hardcore way (by playing on rp server) or fucking around locally.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm on the RP server and I have no idea what I'm doing
The one interaction I had was also purposefully autistic

How do you create walls that you can't fly over? I wanna secure mah crib.

Yeah, looks like everyone went to the RP server.
To be honest, I never could get into the whole RP thing, but the lower rates should make things a bit more fun in that people can actually figure out how to play this game without feeling like they can't catch up to people with a power level of 6 gorillion.

Server location?

US East.

I'm not going to lie, its kinda fun.

LAST TIME, ON INFINTY BALL ZEEEE
OUR HEROS ARE STILL AT THE BANK AND GETTING KILLED BY GRAVITY MACHINES

That was fucking cool

Bio-android here shit was cash.

And I can't stress the fact that your friend flew out of space and died after you two successfully terrorized Earth. Observation is the best move ever.

I never watched DBZ because my father thought it was satanic in nature, will I still be able to enjoy this game despite knowing nothing about it?

people punch people and become stronger. That's it.

This is like getting the pants off a cute girl and finding there's just a flat patch of skin - no gash, no anus, not even a dick.
I don't know how you faggots can suffer through this garbage but I have never been able to cope.

The goddamn saiyan tried to assassinate me while everyone was leaving, cheeky lil' cunt

Fuck, that's almost as bad as when gay looking aliens come to earth and kill everyone and our strongest person doesn't do anything about it because they're stuck in line at the post office.

Yes. A lot of people just watch it for the shonen flying martial arts with lasers.

This is a fun thread.

Eliza, you have serious problems, m8. Who would think this was a good idea in their right mind?

I feel like everything should be 1x (except maybe BP gain, that could go to 0.5x IMO)

The revive should be at max 10 minutes.

It's way too long.

Can one of you compile a guide about the stuff you need to consider at chargen and can't easily change later if any for the casuals who missed the high gainz baby server?

That's what I think too.

Force, strength, resistance, and durability are the primary combat stats and good for dumping. Likewise, regeneration and recovery are permanently set to whatever you put in at creation, dump if you want.

Saiyans are bulk power obviously, Majin have very good regeneration. Thats about what Ive got so far

No wait, the BP gain was terrible when it was at 0.5

>edited some armor from icon bay to look possessed ultra low quality berserker armor
Well dang nabbit. How do you make custom icon into clothing, then?

The fuck, you're not wrong, it isn't showing up in the Learn list for me either. Now how am I supposed to keep up with Saiyans in terms of BP when I can't even use a transformation?

"ERROR: Loading hotkeys from backup stored on server. Report this error please."
I reporting this error to whoever is in charge.

Restarting byond worked for me.

Yeah relogging is about the only thing that fixes hotkeys when they act up I've found.

The Lusty Arcosian Maid

Thats a bit much but having it a bit longer makes killing somebody actually worth it, plus you get training buffs in heaven so its really not a total loss.

Any fix for energy not recharging? Ever since the tourney it has been stuck at 7.

Get KO'd.
Also, getting Power Control will keep it from happening again.

Opinions on the Saint Seiya ripoff? I heard lots of people try it.

I played quite a bit of it last year with almost zero experience with RPing and it was pretty nice. But now it relies even more on RP and a decent staff. The combat is cool, but can be improved.

the faggot wolfspider/chaosyourgod isnt involved in this in anyway is he?

I haven't seen anyone with that key yet, so no.

Not that I can see.
But maybe he changed his account?

I haven't seen any of his keys that I'm aware of.
There's a few people with their SS13 ckeys, obvious overlap, but I haven't seen him.

What the fuck are those turrets. God damn.

That was funny to watch.

I feel like its been stale for a while. Maybe when I get home tonight I'll shake things up.

Mistakes were made.

It's perfect, and the answer for the name was so obvious.

Whe are we haveing a showdown for the earth?

NINGEN intensifies.

Otherworld has really been going to shit since those new immigrants arrived

Power of friendship

Well that was uneventful

eliza log you faggot we have some problems

Speak of the devil..

Is someone stuck on a gravity planet again?

nah it was the brain scrambler but it seens fixed now now the only problem left is
post related

Wow perfect timing on that reboot

This game looks comfy as fuck but I don't have a key to play nor any idea how to play even if I did

heard (you) talking shit like I wouldn't find out tbh

You download byond and make an account.

Can't connect, made a BYOND account and tried to connect via open inserting the address linked in OP

fifteen-odd people on, are you sure?

I have never used BYOND I am probably doing something wrong just reporting what happened in case someone has a solution

In the main Byond thing, if you hit "open" and put in byond://174.106.83.254:4242 exactly, it should connect.

It's byond://174.106.83.254:4243 now

Hell is the other server even still running?

fug

Probably because your bp increased.

I still can't connect tried both addresses, I want to journey far and wide and die in some comical manner

My BP hasn't increased though. I thought it just told me how high my stats are in relation to everyone else on the server.

Does it give you any error messages or something?

So do we have an endgame planes and a server wipe? Or are we just going to keep getting stronger and stronger?

Plans, damn these hands

People at maxcap may grow but there's a limit.
It'd be nice if there was more skill variety, though.

Is it me or is a lot of shit in the game half finished? Its like when looking at some things, it returns an error. Is this haed to code for? Like could a average joe go in there and clean it up?

you were supposed to rp

So what does all of this shit mean? I don't want to accidentally fuck myself because I didn't invest enough in anger at chargen or some shit.

These are your stat modifiers.
Universal, hp+defense and stamina, you need energy generally
Ki stats affecting Ki and Ki defense
Physical stats affecting attacks and rate of attack
Whether you hit and whether you dodge
Out-of-fight regen of hp and ki
Upon taking KO damage there's a chance that you get angry and refill hp + energy, it'll magnify all stats if you boost it.
You still get these stats, but if you have a Strength of 2 and Energy of 1, for every ten points of general stat you gain, you'll get 20 strength and 10 energy.

I'm in the same boat. I hit open, pasted in the address and then it just hangs for a bit before saying "connection failed". I can connect to other, public games just fine but this one refuses to let me in.

I posted the wrong thing, make sure you're using the new one.

What does this do, in reality? Does using it more than once do anything? What's the max amount of valid uses, if any?

I dunno the specifics but when I did it to myself I jumped up by about 100 BP and it hasn't gone away yet.

How do custom buffs work?

Really? I had someone use it on me just now and I didn't get that much out of it. Around 10 BP or so.

I would guess there is an actual hidden "potential" stat somewhere that controls how much of a boost you get. The only thing I could find that references it is this page:
dragon-universe-guides.blogspot.com/p/coming-back-to-life.html

so far only two things seem to matter

energy
anger

and battle power is also kinda important I guess

It's not a huge boost, but nice early on. As far as I know Humans get the most out of it.

I mean,if we follow the manga/animu rules and we examine the Mating skill yeah it's an actual thing,'potential' ==MIGHT== be more like 'how strong were your parents while fucking'.

My race, the Tsujin, are nearly as good as the humans in Hidden Potential. The first time, I got a ~100 bonus, and the second, but the third it wasn't nearly that big, and now I'm confused.

I'm well versed on this but only when rape was a thing. As I previously said after you defeated someone you could rape them and within a certain time period other players could spawn from that player as a certain race.
That player will have the raped and rapists stats combined as a 'potential' BP level, until he reaches that level his BP gain will be highly increased. To the point where it'd be no issue at all getting there. After he gets there he gains a normal BP gain rate.

This information isn't current, it's just back when I played. I had a lot of bastard children seek revenge on me for raping their waifu and it kind of annoyed me they would leech off my power that hard

thats pretty neat why its not a thing anymore

alright then

Not banning chaosyourgod is in itself a bannable offense.
I didn't want to be banned.

at least wait till I break a rule or something first

And it only took a few days, nice job guys!

pls go

:^)

Fight for Earth's freedom soon comrades.

God dammit. You villains better ham it the fuck up.

You and your faggot timezones

Feels bad man.

Is it as easy to code for this as SS13? I could definitely be autistic enough about DBZ to learn this shit.

CLOSED
SOURCE
sadly

Wew lad

Accurate to reality. No Goku to save Good, anyway.

Its not like there are any civilians to save, right?

No. Only faggots.

How come nukes are so weak anyway? They did absolutely nothing but trash the place with chemical waste and zombies.

You have to upgrade them

greentext incoming

[cont]?

:^)

NO YOU CANT HAVE FUN UNTIL I START PLAYING AGAIN

Don't worry, nothing fun happened.

Anyway this butthurt is a story FEATURE

[cont]

oops.
Honorable mention?
I honestly thought that Black had gotten the 250 mil out of buttfuck nowhere

What really happened
Also
Yeah, I'm done with this.

(1)

How did that even happen. Are androids that bullshit?

Yeah no he's right, it's less a function of admin abuse and much more a function of androids being actual bullshit. This is (maybe) being rectified.

You guys still playing?

I think you're a little assblasted there, fella.

Considering they can be beaten by a BP user of 12k, not really.
Black was able to best the 25k BP android, the same one I used against Spinach.
Also the nigger with 30k BP isn't the admin, the Qoo's entire schtick is technology, and my androids killed him after he accidently bumped into one.

I'm off to bed.

Hope you niggers had fun wasting your time on my fortress.

Still 14 peeps on.

Find a buddy to train with, preferably your alignment.
Are androids that broken because I kind wanted to roll one.

You guys still playing? Still on byond://174.106.83.254:4242

byond://174.106.83.254:4343

You guys still playing? Still on byond://174.106.83.254:4242>>14133391

Do I need to say anything else?
Yes, totally not the admin.

Qoo was the hero of the saga at the time.
I see you haven't been on for long, m8.
Here's the logs, faggot. Notice the absence of aboose.

Actually, Qoo lost the status and it was auto-given to Batta after she was killed during the rebellion.

The status of hero, I mean.

Wew

Now arrange them into loss.

Damn it, Zamasu! I'm gonna need to hire you to be my personal bodyguard.

Shitter in space, and now shitter in this place.

Well done.

are you at least in a stupid powerful spaceship you nigger?

I got lost in the void of space, are humans the race I should pick being a newfag?

Saiyan, dump points into STR, DUR, SPEED, RESIST, and Energy
Be good, not evil, for your first time.

Too many Saiyans, the cap's been reached, so.. Android, then?

Android is about to get nerfed hard. If the cap has been reached, spawn as a Kai, and walk to the left. If you see a base, type in OOC "Hey Zamasu hook me up" and I'll come to pick you up. I can put you into a Saiyan body, BP retained.

wew lad.
Let's not forget how one of them got the tournament leader or whatever rank wich is admin given, and if I recall correctly he did in the other server too, and considering they had the spirit bomb with no dragon balls, I guess the other cocksucker got the kai rank, but hey it's not admin abuse.

I have to admit, it's a good way of ruining the game for everyone but you and your friends.

Let's not forget how this faggot had to ask for permission to use his robots to fuck everthing up, oh wait not everything, just the evil side because god forbids us if the admin side loses.

Pretty much.

Why are you so upset?

Something to bring up, if someones doing funny, dumb, or RP stuff feel free to record it and put it on youtube or something. Just checked it out yesterday for good footage on the game and there was none.

Only Byond game with the fun stuff recorded seems to be SS13, all there is on Dragon Universe is ghetto microphone amateur shit, "guy fights other guy", and "tournament" footage, none of the fun dumb shit. Who cares about two persons fighting each other if we don't know which one is acting the mickey?

TL;DR: We need more stupid RP like: "I AM THE VILLAIN, HURP DERP PRE FIGHT BANTS KILL ALL THE HUMMENZ" before the actual fighting starts, is there a way to force standardized dueling and would that be better for the good vs evil thing?

Ha.

I hope that was role played because otherwise I'm curious how that would happen IC.

Can only change alignment every few hours or so. Either way the alignment system is retarded and both of us agree on that.
Ranks are automatic. You can get them if someone else hasn't already gotten on. It's a first come first serve basis.
Meta knowledge isn't much of a argument. Besides, Qoo had the highest knowledge, and making a robot isn't exactly a big deal in DB. You're being stupid.
Obviously I needed to cooperate, and as a Kai, I needed permission to interfere, but I had to ask the ruler of the world, or Kami. :^)

There's no need to be upset when you lose :^)

Could you tone down the autism please? We got shat on by OP robots, but apparently they're nerfed now so who gives a shit.

I'm more 'upset' about those FAGGOTS hiding in their shitty tower than the androids, and even then, we got to fuck around with nukes and trying to find a way to break the walls was entertaining at least. Sounds to me you're just trying to stir shit. Go do that on the SS13 servers or something.

I also nerfed walls by a bit, FYI

i remember this game had lots of abusable bugs, you could use the dragonballs multiple times without making a wish to get multiple wishes and you could get crazy OP by getting someone to unlock your potential while you were redoing your stats at a genetics computer.

the code must be somewhere since there is at least one clone of this game. If you are interested there's at least 3 people who should have the source code, you could try asking them if you really want it.
Tens of DU: the creator of the game back when it was called dragonball finale, exgenesis's bitch.
EXGenesis: either bullied or blackmailed Tens into giving him the code and hardcoded admin. Posted pics of himself and his dick online, hated by the playerbase.
Archonex: paid actual money for the source code and made a clone called Phoenix: Sundered Earth, the game is ded and i dont think he even logs in anymore.

have you tried hacking the doors?

Zamasu has learned how to go to different dimensions to retrieve allies.

I love the off hours.

Is there a way to gain stats faster than just afk training?

New Thread.