Soundfonts

What are your favorite "styles" so to speak in games? Are there any places where you can download them, especially if it's for niche and obscure games?

Other urls found in this thread:

files.fm/u/tdkjhn3s#_
hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php
depositfiles.com/files/20w0rs494
mediafire.com/file/budzyjadukpjeud/gm.dls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Banjo Kazooie's, Spyro's, and Crash Bandicoot's.

The Ultimate Megadrive Soundfont is my go-to soundfont most of the time. Secret of Mana's is pretty nice too, especially the drumset.
I don't have any website in particular in mind but here's a few I often use. files.fm/u/tdkjhn3s#_

hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php
"Soundfont"

Grant Kirkhope's N64 instruments. Mainly from Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo-Tooie
Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Final Fantasy VI
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario 64
DKC2 Diddy's Kong Quest
DKC
DKC3 Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
Super Mario RPG
Earthbound/Mother 2
Secret of Mana

Whatever this is simulating, I want it.

DS Etrian Odyssey games, especially in 3.

UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF LOVE

Yeah it's great, the undertale guy ripped it off too.

that fucking instrument from crash games that's literally a guy saying "Blue"

To add on to this user's recommendation, you can download an additional large sample of Genesis percussion sounds here.
depositfiles.com/files/20w0rs494

Thank you.
Fahker

Is there a soundfont for LISA?

RuneScape MIDI's always stood out to me

FL Studio

nigga plz

sounds like the same MIDI you'd find in any DOS game at the time. I know Doom and iirc Commander Keen shares it.

Pretty sure it's just default windows midi instruments, which has got me thinking, couldn't you theoretically replace the default windows midi instruments and change it?

Yeah, people do it all the time. Im not completely sure how. You should also be able to change the sound card emulation in dosbox to change those midis too.

The file is gm.dls, and there's a replacement using Final Fantasy 8 instruments here mediafire.com/file/budzyjadukpjeud/gm.dls but I don't know about any others

>mfw recognized the artist almost immediately

That's game's music was seriously better than it had any right to be.

On-topic: Since they haven't been mentioned yet, Mother 3 and Pokemon RSE deserve shoutouts.

It really weirds me out there weren't any real projects to make something similar, besides well, private servers.

If you're on windows you can use VirtualMIDISynth to load soundfonts to play your midis with.

What is this abomination
What birthed it

Yeah, its the Windows General Midi. There's a good amount of different soundfonts to use, quick search gave this link for them.
synthfont.com/links_to_soundfonts.html
What should be noted that sometimes soundfonts can screw up some midis, by meaning that it can sound really strange, as if it has wrong instrument or its all distorted.

If I wouldn't be lazy, and have some way to record audio and make them webm format, I could do some showcase of soundfonts

The other way I play them is using Foobar with MIDI Player component.

Pokémon BW2
Touhou for the sweet trumpet

That's what a soundfont is.

Nice digits
>tfw finally didn't recognize this one

Well technically, that's not true, windows has a default sound library, which is multiple sound fonts

is this the undertale thread

Bumping this so that this thread is still alive tomorrow.