Artifact announcement

What was your reaction to Valve announcing their Artifact trading card game?

pure fucking laughter

Apathy, but also a strange desire to see numerals repeated in succession.

Thorough indifference.

Did we get any news for this dumpster fire yet?

Didn't really care because I didn't have any hope in Valve to begin with
I also don't really care about any of the games they've released in the past 6 years so yeah

You wont see those around these parts

I might play it, depending on how it is. The main reason I don't play heartstone is because you can't have a friendly that with your opponent. If you could, it would e a comfy game,

Disgust, nobody wants this. Suits are retards

Not even people playing Dota wanted this.

I have 1500 hrs in SHITA 2 and I don't care.

I don't want to get in to this but I can't help myself. I'm not even sure where to start and how to be coherent with this so forgive me if it's a bit sloppy.
First things first: Communities in free games aren't worth the sweat on your ass. To be clear, they used to be worth something, but ever since about 2007 or 2009, the internet became plagued with groveling retards, shitskins, dumb little kids, and everything in between. This is one of the key reasons why free MMO's ever since then have died, most notably Runescape (Some may argue Runescape died because of poor management as well which is true, but the community was also a large part of it's downfall, I wager)
Let me elaborate on why the community ruins free games. Let's take a more modern-day example of a free game: TF2, DOTA 2, Fortnite, League of Legends, whatever. Having your game be free to play - regardless if it has P2W elements or not - is a death sentence because F2P attracts the worst kind of people, namely third-world shitheads from Brazil, Russia, and China - the latter being the most prevalent offenders.
You can't have a community with these freeloading retards, seriously. Anyone (with sanity, fair skin, and a sense of morality) can tell you that these are the worst people to play with and that you can practically smell them from your computer. These are the types that cheat, scam, and cheese most often, ruining the fun that others may have. Usually, they pay little mind to the social aspect of MMOs and multiplayer games, all others players be damned. You wouldn't enjoy a comfy chat with any of these people, user. They either wouldn't even bother responding to you, or if they did, they'd speak in their monkey language or botch whatever language you speak. Shitskins and third-worlders aren't the only problem with communities - it's also the furfags, redditors, and children. These people either don't know how to play, or they just play horribly and fuck up your game on purpose and then tell you to calm down for being a 'tryhard' if you dare attempt to play the game the way it was meant to be played. Even WoW suffered a fate worse than death past 2007. Again, the devs were partly to blame for this as well, but that was when a lot of new players came in and a lot more old players left. 2007 was about the time when Reddit began growing in size and shitting up the internet along with the kids.

Anyway, excuse my rambling rant, but the conclusion to take away from all of this is that internet communities in multiplayer games these days are absolute shit, with the only exceptions (at least the ones I am aware of) are the communities for difficult or obscure games. The Touhou community managed to be pretty cool, but recently it has gone down the shitter ever since normalfags became aware of it (thanks steam). Dwarf Fort and SS13 are still pretty chill, though. I haven't played Worlds for a few years but I wonder if they are still cool.

I cant say I was surprised, valve has been without good game designers for nearly a decade now.

When people talk about there needing to be a "New internet" to protest BLUMPF's anti Net-Neutrality shit I find myself hoping to God Almighty that they create it and that they all fucking move there.

I like card games so if it's good and not a pay to win disaster like hearthstone I'll try it.

Dota players only care about dota. Dota players don't play other dota clones (and neither do league players, LoL players only care about LoL, hence why every dota clone dies, the devs trying to cash in fail to understand these people like the games they play, not the whole genre), and they absolutely don't care about other games in other genres. Announcing this during a dota event was a huge mistake, I can't believe Valve failed to read their audience this poorly.

Well, I believe this will be a 1v1 game, with a ladder too, so the combination of ladder + different servers for different regions might make it possible for you to find a lot of decent people at higher rankings, and you won't get fucked by shitty team mates.
But you are absolutely right about everything in your post, I'm brazilian and I saw this phenomenon you describe happen from the inside, I saw the BR internet userbase grow and it was terrible. Older BR people who have been around since before 2007 also hate these new users, we even have a pejorative term to describe them.

I had never even heard about it until now
now that have I have,

these reflect my sentiments

polemon tcg online did that for a little bit, but they patched it out around the same time I quit it

Very neatly put. In addition, this was presented the teaser at The International 7 and got this Day9 (hearthstone streamer) guy as the host hoping he'd bring some of the HS audience. But as you said, most dota players will not care UNLESS there's some direct benefit involving core Dota such as getting cosmetic items.

I don't know how modern dota players are but if even a part of the old dota 1 playerbase is around then not even that would be enough to make them play other games. A lot of those people seriously only care about dota, maybe they'll get a bunch of hat whores to play their card game but I believe there's a substantial number of dota players who won't do it even for hats, unless it's super fast to do, or they can bot for it.

Streetshitters and rivershitters from India/Indonesia can be worse than the Chinesians. There's a reason even /a/ bans and deletes their posts on sight, no matter whether it is a shitpost or a serious one.

What's the pejorative?

Instant classic

Good thing i switched to ruHub.

It's hard to translate but those shitters started to populate the internet when cheap computers became a thing and the government made a program of sorts to help "include people digitally", so we call them "digitally included" or just "included". Might sound weird but it's to denote they just got in because someone put them in and they never learned how to do anything properly.

But what's the term itself? "Incluido"?
I just want to piss them off, to be honest.

"Incluso"
Guaranteed to piss off someone if they really are one, and if they're being little shits to you then they most likely are.

Yeah, it was a total trainwreck. Day9 is the most reddit guy I've ever seen. Slacks would've been better hosting the entire event.

>>>/suicide/
immediately.

Thank you, I will use this newfound power wisely.

I said he'd be better than Day9, not "good at hosting the event at all" you double nigger.

I just laughed in disbelief. Shows how dedicated Valve is to making games nowadays. Guess they felt that they had to do something, with all that steam money starting to smell of laziness and complacency. Either that or a group of interns thought Valve still made games.

BRs don't even fucking bother speaking english, which is the most infuriating thing of all.
YOU PLAY AN ENGLISH LANGUAGE VIDEOGAME ON THE INTERNET, I SHOULD BE FUCKING ABLE TO TELL YOU BASIC SHIT. NOWADAYS KIDS GET TAUGHT ENGLISH IN 1ST GRADE IN LATIN AMERICA. STOP BEING NIGGERS
But no, it's all uma delicia shit for these fucks. Oh and if you say shit in spanish (which is close enough to portuguese to get a general idea across) they'll just flat out ignore you. There is a reason spics fucking DREAD BRs. They just stick to each other. This is why if you go into an american server and count the spics, chances are that most of them are a combination of mexicans, argentinians and chileans, because those are the countries that are at least capable of producing people that can interact with other cultures outside of their fucking coca farm.
I remember when I was a kid and some shitty football commercial would play that basically went "ooh brazillians are so cool joga bonito (play beautifully)". I fucking hated it. The fucking arrogance. They sure joga bonito, considering they have dystopia tier slums that have to be policed by the military and can't seem to hold on to a president for three hours.
tl;dr - brazillians are niggers even by spic standards t. chilean

I haven't come across any of those. I thought they were too poor to afford gaming PC's.

My bad, Indians are bad, too. Can't stand em in real life, either.

one is a shill of entirely different game, the other is a fat manchild with obnoxious voice.
Let ruhub show you the way.

And already too fucking late as well, there's already tons of card games and fucking Tabletop Simulator.

So they're literally affirmative action gaymers. Going to use that insult from now on.

I always see BR trying to speak English and fucking up bad at it. A lot of those people you're pissed at do understand you, they just don't give a shit and want to do their own thing, that's the problem. But a lot of them are favela monkeys who absolutely do not understand any english, and won't even make an effort to understand even spanish. I guess the trash comes in a lot of different flavors is what I'm trying to say, I can tell them apart because I know the language, but for anyone who doesn't ultimately it's the same shit.
Also don't be acting all high and mighty because you're chilean, brazilians and peruvians are bottom of the barrel people to play with, but other than that all other countries in latin america produce trash people who can't behave online and are as bad as the little american shits you'd find on xbox live.

That's basically what they are. I think those programs ended a while ago but nowadays niggers just get super cheap prebuilts or laptops.

how the fuck am i supposed to understand that?

Is anyone here actually White/European?

If you find latin american people who are fluent in english online, they're most likely white.
You really think a BR nig nog monkey can string 2 foreign language sentences together? They can't even speak portuguese properly.

Pol is the largest board on Holla Forums, so fuck no

Learn Russian, or search for the same vid "english subtitles", there used to be one.

I've never personally known a white Spaniard, so I am not sure I can believe that. On twitter, there are plenty of brownskins who speak fluent English.

I live in a really white area. A few asian, some browns here and there, almost no 100% blacks, and I had never even seen a live jew until I was 16 and traveled to the US.
Must be native speakers or they have more online visibility because they're so rare, because most browskins I've seen can not do anything properly, including speak fluent english online.

If what you say is the truth, I will have to reevaluate my opinion.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Like hell it is, that's the only game community I know of that's more fucking autistic than Gmod, even on Holla Forums the SS13 threads were akin to 4AMs or some egotistic Tumblr-tier bullshit. Add a horrible engine on top of that and the only people to sit through the community and being unable to robust are the bad kind of autists.

Don't forget that being free-to-play also attracts boatloads of furries and other degenerates.
Just look at TF2 and Warframe.

People who play SS13 either quit in in disgust, become bizarre hermit monks with infinite robusting power, or erping degenerates. Their communities crumble, and their players are shit.

Also, Artifact doesn't fucking matter, because we've yet to hear so much as a whisper about it, and I trust Valve to make a card game that is somehow even more sinisterly money grubbing than Blizzard's abortion of a product.

A mix of pain, depression and apathy due to finally getting closure.

I enjoyed the reaction but I don't have any problem with it in theory as long as it is somewhat original. Probably won't play it much, if at all, but that's because I don't particularly care for the genre.

It's also a kick in the nuts to the dota players themselves. They had to wait more than ten months for Valve to add two fucking heroes to the game. I'm not at all surprised that the game is dying, Valve simply no longer care.

I recently quit Dota myself, but I remember seeing something about a Spartan-like hero codenamed "Mars" in the files. They at least seem to be picking up the pace on making new heroes, it very likely won't bring me back, though.

Things may have changed, then. I don't play SS13 anymore, but the anons I used to play with were cool. I don't talk to 'em anymore, though.

SS13 saw a surge of popularity a couple of years after we had threads here.
Why there's plenty of ripoffs being made
That surely contributed.

Hey I'm not saying that chileans are all 24 karat gold, but at least our niggers are less numerous than the BRs.

I thought this was a mostly mongolian board.

Is Portugal white?

As white as Argentina.

Impossible, Argentinians are of mixed race.

This kills the Valvedrone.
Also, check these numerals

But user Valvedrones eat this shit and ask for more.

As white as Spain in that regard

Is Spain white?

Yes.
People who claim to be of Spanish decent are not.

HUE

I had no idea they announced this, nor do I care.

Absolutely proprietary

I said "gross", and closed the window, it became irrelevant shit immediately. Why are you trying to make this shit relevant again?

Gas yourself and go back to 4gag.

Daily reminder.

Why is Gaben doing this?

I played a couple of times with russians and had a blast. We all know they invade non-russian servers but the secret is to actual play in the russian server if you want decent russians

I have memory of playing Witch Doctor with 4-man Russian stack and having a fun match.

Pic related is edited Finnish cover of "Learn Russian with Donald and Mickey"

this poster mirrors my thoughts perfectly
dataminers take note

Dirty non human rice nigger spirit deveiving fish smelly cock horseman detected.

I miss old jontron, new jontron is still funny but isn't nearly as good

He's got a lot of problems now.

I really can't believe how far Valve have fallen, I always expected them to make a comeback but between this and the HL3 leak it obviously isn't happening. It hurts.

At least I'll always have my goldsource mods and friends to play L4D2 with.

What kind of problems? Do you mean personal life or what?

One of my favorite Youtubers is from Indonesia. He's relatively open that his country isn't perfect (only mentioning anything about it when it's relevant.)

Post good Youtube->Webm tutorial and I'll make one from his video where he reacts to Anita Sarkeesian defending his people from evil western media.

A majority of shit eating niggers doesn't mean that the country does not have a perfectly sane minority. I'm saying this as a Southeast Asian ricenigger myself.

I think that after the community reaction valve just canned the game and now wants to let it die quietly

our country has problems but we better than them

speaking like a true zionist, why don't every country close there stupid borders already.

I don't know about macaco Portuguese but Portugal Portuguese accent in English sounds like a slavic one. I'm not sure if that is a good thing though.

He's got personal problems after having all media blasting him for a month so he's walking on egg shells and his income relies on his videos doing well.
It's a lot of pressure for someone as nice as Jon.

forgetting

They lost their core talent and are trying to rake in profit now.

I thought they hated the Chinese even more than the burgers do.

Are you a smelly malayan or a filthy Vietnamese rice picker?
i sincerely hope that you're the latter

Is that supposed to be wrong you stupid shit?
Nice way of outing yourself as a fucking retard for being wrong on all aspects

But i'll be honest the wall of text perfectly encapsulates the problem of widespread appeal. Usually you'll only have a tiny minority of unbearable idiots (just like in real life), you'd usually ignore and scorn them. But as we have known what does the internet has done, the problem only magnified itself to the extent that it has manifested into a massive malignant tumor that will discourage yourself from associating with a certain group.
However, its important that as a real human bean, you could choose what you consume and fraternize with by your own will. DON'T let other people subvert your views, always look for different angles, yadda yadda truth, yadda yadda you have a goddamn conscience FUCKING USE IT. Therefore by isolating the tumor and preventing it from intrude your enjoyment (atleast until to the point that it becomes overbearing that it's not worth it) you'll be able to (hopefully) have a close circle of friends or shitheads to play around with

Blizzard had enough fantasy characters to pull this off.
Valve does not have that many. It is unlikely to succeed.

nice bait

Frustration.

I mean, they do have every Dota hero to work with. But the cards are likely going to be a mess of bullshit "Lore" they made up on the spot.

>Valve could make a bounty hunter game in the dota world where you hunt ayy lmaos who are (((coincidentally))) reskins of dota 2 heroes, in a First Person Perspective
I JUST WANT TO HUNT AYY LMAO'S FOR MONEY DON'T MAKE ME MAKE MY OWN GAME.

What happened to their 3 vr games?

those 3 hour tech demos are going to fail
again

Hey it was mega-popular for awhile.
But now that PUBG is the fad now, i guess it still has its fans

Reminder that almost all of the writers has left valve at this point.
But i guess making a character or setting takes almost no writing skill involved right? It is if you'll rely purely on the looks

A stupid meme technology that the whole entirety of Valve fell for.
VR is not ready to truly overtake conventional computer graphics. Oh and the less we talk about their attempts to emulate consoles, the better.

they probably still have a lot of their good people there, but a leaderless structure and no incentive to actually push products out has a bunch of guys doing small projects or gimmick projects that nothing interesting is happening.

11 years.
For 11 years Valve's fans have asked for one fucking game.
A game the story already exists for.
A game which doesn't need expensive online elements.
A game that with hype so legendary they wouldn't even need to market it after release.
What has Valve given those fans?

A card game.

Another fucking online card game?

What HL3 leak? I remember hearing something about someone working at Valve saying that projects to develop HL3 have been started and stopped so many times that they just cancelled it. Is that what you mean?

There's been so many HL3 leaks at this point that he could be talking about anything at all

pic related

reverse search didn't work so just tell me if there's a dick or not

Even Runescape made one. Everyone wants in on the Hearthstone audience.

Out of respect for your dubs:it's by 2n5, there's a dick.

back at you fam

Anytime you see a shitty cropped image like that you can assume there's a dick.

Yea, there's a benis.

I've seen Steamdrones or Gabendrones but yet I've seen no Valvedrone.

I developed a russian one, it's common knowledge russian sounds like portuguese so it was an easy step.

and I wonder why you want to post a wall of text?

SCAM

same problem with early apple

RICOCHET 2 FAGGOT SHIT NEGROID

Initial disbelief, latent amusement, pervading apathy.