Got this recently and i love it. Ai is kinda stupid though

Got this recently and i love it. Ai is kinda stupid though
what does Holla Forums think?

Holla Forums thinks you should either lurk som moar or fuck off back to >>>/cuckchan/ with your shit OPs

It's final update is coming out 'this year', only then will it be decided whether your game is shit or not.

Recently played dungeon keeper. It did so many little things right and had layers of depth to it. Makes me sceptical a soulless clone would be nearly as much fun.

It sucks tons of dick and comes nowhere close to Dungeon Keeper. Maybe I should blame my high expectations for my hatred of it, but fuck that game anyway.

(I only used mana on ember rifts and imps)

TL;DR:
The game was ruined from the start by unexperienced fans, who tried their hands at being devs. The core design of it is soulless and without direction. It's main theme is being balanced around multiplayer and esports-compatibility. There is no focus on the singleplayer campaign.

PS: The game was so fucking broken in the beginning. I played it, before the patches fixed it. It was honestly insulting what the put out, but granted, they made it playable, which is something at least.

Was one of the QA monkeys. Happy to answer any questions (though I suppose I'm still under the NDA).

reply to any of the points I made

Also no, the game is already out. Has been out for a long time. You are not under the NDA.

Benis benis beeeeenis
Benis benis beeeeenis
Benis benis beeeeenis
Hey everybody shake your benis!
Benis benis beeeeenis
Benis benis beeeeenis
Benis benis beeeeenis

sage negated

(1)

Esports was never really considered. What you need to keep in mind is that most of the devs are Keeper Klan autists who basically thought MP because they played the campaigns twelve dozen times over. Favorite example: The dreaded Mistress+Lightning rush which was hilariously imbalanced.

Partially agree. Originally, unit abilities (IIRC) were not supposed to have a level requirement, the "ultimates" (Lvl. 5) were added later. That being said: Advanced units like augres and (especially) witch doctors can turn the tide of a battle.

Purely subjective.

Ironically, users initially whined and moaned about dungeons being too dark before player color markers and light sources were beefed up.

He's the PR fag for a company which can't afford conventional PR in the first place. And if I remember correctly, your reply was something along the usual lines of calling him a faggot etc. which he, as an innocent redditor soul, could not handle. I may or may not have been the one to point him towards that thread before immediately regretting sending him to h8chan.

(2)

Part of the design philosophy, although I understand its unpopular. Basically, the idea was that people would only get annoyed over constantly having to babysit the equivalents of spiders and flies in order to keep them from raping each other; also part of the RTS shift.

Which Elite creatures? Titans? Vampires?

Why? I'm still thankful that they didn't give her "I hate you dad" teenie hair one user suggested.

Their money (I think 75k of 210k) was spent on Richard Ridings, the mentor from the original game. Their money also was spent on a questionable team leader who left the team in a surge of butthurt in mid-development, leaving the previous Designer/Level Artist to pick up the pieces and deliver the game despite of financial shortages and time constraints.

Ember Rifts currently are OP imho (always were a huge point of drama with the balance team), but try breaking through a solid line of soul wells. I dare you.

If you said DK1, I might actually respect you. That being said, the campaign was rushed in order to meet unrealistic (but unfortunately necessary) release & financial necessities. Heart of Gold thankfully does most things better.

See above, the campaign was badly rushed. Point conceded.

See above.

See above. Though I don't recall overly many DK1 missions where that was a realistic threat unless you were hilariously incompetent, either.

Campaign Level 8. Plus, Undead creatures would be limited to one core unit (Necromancer), one Elite Unit (Vampires) plus summonables (Ghoul, Wraith, Revenant)

Just shut up with this shit, I see you in every WFTOW thread repeating the same argument with absolutely no solid proof this game was balanced for multiplayer. Just because the game implemented a mana management system doesn't mean it is solely balanced for multiplayer. Having to actually think about your trap placement and management is miles better than in the original DK where you just put a boulder trap behind a magic door and repeated that constantly down a one tile hallway and it would literally kill everything.

He does have in a point in that many simulation elements were removed (minion rivalries being a prime example). Again, this was chiefly done because (I think) the devs were chiefly used to the MP fights of the Keeper Klan community, where having individual minions starting a bitchfight while you were trying to guess your opponent's strategy could be extremely annoying.

I do agree on boulder traps being complete bullshit from a balance standpoint, however (both in SP and MP).

I know, I heard that exact sentence a lot.
I like the valve way of balancing things, I'll just call it that way, the best. People get their awesome stuff, but both sides get it and the balance is imbalance. I think it's not fun, if you just castrate both sides so it's "fair".
I never played multiplayer in DK2, because I was just a little kid and my internet wasn't good enough.

And I have no idea what their skills are. Meanwhile I know almost all the skills of the DK2 creatures. I never needed to. When you just construct your dungeon, make it pretty, you accumulate such a death ball that you can just roll over the enemy. The AI is never a problem in any level.
Btw I played the campaign 2 times. The other time I rushed through and it wasn't harder.
Fuck, I barely remember a single leve, except for the one level in the crypt.
They actually broke the level on the second playthrough, because one knight of the enemy turned invisible. But my necromancers were so powerful, they beat the level anyway. The level didn't even have a failure state for fucks sake.

user, the fact that walls aren't edged and are all super straight isn't subjective.

And instead they placed a glowing lighting effect on literally every fortified wall section?
Your dungeon is a fucking christmas tree!

Oh, you remember the thread? Nah, I was the guy, who was civil and told him that I talked to him before, but my giant wall of texts seem to scared him off.

Exactly and I hate it.
Then give me the option to not need to babysit, if I build an efficent or expensive dungeon.

I meant the Titans. Fuck I barely remember what they do.

It's part of what I mentioned earlier. It's generic design ala marvel movie villains full of spikes and skin. I would have prefered something familiar like the deisgn of the Overlord Succubus. I think that type of "straight out of fantasyland" design would be cool.

Dude. They were alway OP. I have been using them forever.

I played DK1 as a very little kid and can barely remember it anymore.

ITT autistic walls of text to prove why a multiplayer focused Dungeon Keeper clone is better than original DK or DK2.

There was a lot of unbalanced bs in DK, I remember I beat the entire campaign once by grabbing my first Horned Reaper using the secret transfer creature spell I find in every level, transferring my Horned Reaper, start the next level, dig straight to the enemy dungeon, posses the Horny and walk him straight to their dungeon heart.

Look at the abilities of the creatures, user. It's basically MMO-tier. A defbuff for 4 seconds 25% slow. And stuff like that.
Instead of a 75% slow for 20 seconds.

I actually played the game, so shut the fuck up you stupid fag.

YOU DON'T THOUGH!
Because of the mana system you just mentioned there is absolutely no reason to build any defences or traps, except literally near your dungeon heart.
The best way to lock your mana is still an ember rift, because it's a defence that moves around and is useful everywhere.

In DK2 your cannons only used mana when they actually shot, which meant you actually had a reason to build them outside your dungeon heart.

It's miles worse than the original DK.

At least read the TLDR, you fucking fag.

That reminds me that I need to replay DK2, because I used the lvl 10 Dark Angel in possession mode to beat the last level.

No one here is trying to argue that WTFOW is better than DK or DK2 I don't know where you got that assumption.

i havent notice any esports faggotry but i dont really play online either

Yeah deathballs seem pretty broken but i think the game can have more interesting aspects before it devolves into that during the earlier game. I havent really played enough to find that out but i think its there.

i dont give a shit about graphics and the aesthetic looks fine to me. I dont know what or how you are going to prove with any of this. Im more concerned with performance and the game runs like shit for what its presenting.

Campaign ls mostly disappointing because of the ai. I dont think theirs anything inherently wrong with the scenarios other then their isnt alot of them and none of theme feel meaningful because of that weak ai.

I dunno i think the colossus and archon are interesting. The eternal has the potential to be interesting but is pretty useless. Red thing is just for rape.

i was unaware they werent the orriginal devs

yeah i wish the mana system from dk2 was still in. Mana system right now is really limiting but i can see where they dont want some fag winning with lightning bolt because he rushed the map and now has crazy mana generation. It feels almost balanced though. I can spawn a bunch of minions to do the work i want and then dump them in the core to get my mana back for an assault or defenses.

more in depth creature interaction would be nice. I feel like the game still has room for it if they wanted to add it.

so yeah, call me reddit for the spacing or lack of meme arrows for quotes but i couldnt be fucked. You have a wall of text and i feel like theirs already points i missed

It's shit.

I remember you saying that last time we argued this son and I entirely beat WFTOW while rarely ever building any traps near my dungeon heart. I just built rooms where the enemies were forced to zig zag through it while being bombarded with cannons and the ice trap thing to slow them down while a garrison buffs all that up separated by a wall. I'm gonna say this again like I said last time, it just seems like you couldn't understand enough of how defenses work to use them effectively.

Get out of my SIGHT!
You think that is a good thing, user?

That desire for MUH BALANCE is the esports faggotry, user.

You think, user? You think?
Fuck, at least Peter Molyenux for all his flaws would have tried to innovate it and made it even more about the Monster Interactions.

user, I wasn't here for that. The last time I argued with anybody about WFTO was when Noontide visited us.

Well, it works obviously, because you can beat the game without using any defences. But in an open map where technically the enemy can come from multiple directions, I rather just use it to spam ember spirits.

And because I like to roleplay as a generic evil overlord, who periodically sends minions to attack the enemy.
Permanently stationing the ember rift and beast rally flag on top of the enemy, while building your dungeon up is actually pretty fun.
Almost as much fun as doing the same shit in Battle for Middle-Earth Angmar Campaign and just sending orks to their deaths for my amusement and for the sake of roleplaying as an AI. I also did the same in Popolous.

That's because the AI also never builds defenses, or potions, or…anything advanced at all. Another victim of the premature release. That being said, the last content patch/Xpac is coming with a more fined AI.

When users keep complaining that they can't properly see minions and stuff in corridors and the like, it quickly becomes that. Heavens, I'm thankful you don't argue about fucking wall props.

Your dungeon is a fucking christmas tree!
Don't get me wrong - I liked the previous light system much better. Alas, the consumers.

Shit, I don't know, might have been a year ago. I still think he ran off after the usual fullchan greeting

Because you'd attract flies and spiders anyhow (actually you don't, because WftO lets you decide which minions come through a portal in the first place - after a few patches, at least).

You sure we played the same game? Behemoth assrapes defenses and deals massive AoE (and regenerates health like crazy), Archon can crazy hordes of wraiths on the battlefield, and the Eternal makes your Core nigh-immune to damage while he's around. The Colossus really is a tad weak, though (transfers golds from vaults [including enemy ones] and gold tiles to your account).

I'm fairly fucking certain Overlord had no fucking Succubus. Only those gremlin thingies.

The balance team basically is divided between people who argue the defense tree is too weak and the people who argue the offensive tree is too weak/too tweak for rushes. I honestly kept to bugs, mostly.

How do you guys feel about this? Been thinking about getting it because I moderately enjoyed 2 even though it was pretty simplified and slow when compared to DK.

Wasn't that the game where you had to reach a certain "entertainment" level for invading heroes before you killed them? Not quite sure about it because I only know the name and some hearsay.

The first game was like that but they listened to everyone being disappointed that it wasn't anything like DK and made the second pretty much DK with some light rts elements when you go up to the surface.

Despite how cancerous this game is, at least Dungeons announcer doesn't insult the player like WFTO does.

Fuck off, I won't replay it yet again. How long is the game already out? 4 years? Time for a sequel.

I remember reading a Q&A section on the forum in development and they said their engine simply can't do it. They said making the walls edgy and not super straight like in DK2, when they only became straight when you fortified was impossible/way too demanding.

Yeah, what? There is a difference between a justification for something and something being the right decision.
Dungeon Keeper 2 managed to solve the darkness problem without putting light props on the walls. I remmber there was a build of the game, before they made the Hand of Evil illuminate the walls and you could easily get lost.

It was I think, but I have a fucked up time sense.

I do rememeber. lol
Someone told him he was reddit spacing. lol like you were earlier (that's why your post became so long btw)

I don't remember honestly. Keep in mind that my death ball solves all problems.

Well, she wasn't under your command, user. She was an enemy. Kinda weird, they didn't expand on that. IIRC Overlord 2 added a succubus mistress though, didn't it? I didn't play it though.

No wonder you were on the team for so long. :^)

I know I know. But the thing is that only in my adulthood I actually managed to beat the later levels of DK2. I always just quit for some reason or the other. Or maybe I didn't remember. It was really interesting how you kidnap the sons of the king and corrupt them.

It has nothing to do with Dungeon Keeper and might as well be a completly different genre.

But muh subversion of expectation!

i was considering it until i saw the overworld gameplay and it looks like assfaggots.
also people are claiming traps are retardedly powerful.

But user … other people here claimed that WFTO has nothing to do with esports at all. How could you, who hasn't even played the game immideatly feel that WFTO looks so similar to a MOBA?

How are you able to do that, user?

Next game is in spehss. I think.

Part/part. Edgy walls combined with Unity's enormous talent for lighting would have been a pain in the ass, but so were people who claimed they could not see units in dungeon tunnels that were too narrow and/or too dark.

Users. When in doubt, you listen to users, who demand brighter dungeons, etc.

I'm just drunk at roughtly 5am. Please bear with me.

Death ball was a much bigger problems in previous titles because you could pick up and drop your minions on your own and neutral terrain, whereas WftO only lets you do that on your own terrain.

Don't know the first example. Overlord 2 had multiple bitches to bang (including a three-way, I think), but it was Pikmin instead of god-simulator.

Really? Will it be similar to WFTO/DK2 or will it be a different genre?

Yeah, but gamers don't tolerate that excuse. The same way we don't excuse modern games suddenly not being able to have mirrors.

DK2 managed to be bright enough without placing actual glowing doodads everywhere.

Well, we demanded a sexier succubus too.

NP. I am from Germany. You?

Hmm … I am pretty sure though you can only drop them over claimed tiles. Maybe I am wrong though, I am not 100% sure.

The thing is that game, because of it's focus on balance likes to pretend it's above the Deathball, even though it still is a thing here.
Also I think that your deathball just takes longer to roll over the enemy, I remember fights in DK2 being a bit quicker.

I am embarassed I never managed to go beyond the elf level. I quit, before I finisehd the game.

You said Overworld gameplay and I thought you meant WFTO and not Dungeons.
I still don't know what you meant, but I continue to assume you meant WFTO?

Should also be dungeon management, also what little I saw on the artwork basically was floating metal platforms.

Because Duke3d totally did not actually mirror crap instead of creating a secondary mirror-reverse room you couldn't enter.

I honestly can only judge by user feedback, and the latter regularly claimed that the dungeon was too dark to see crap.

M8. The design discussion about the fucking succubus was the singular longest thread in the WftO forums.

Same here.

Oh no you fucking couldn't. The constant whining I heard about that design decision in WftO tells me otherwise.

user, pls. Overlord was a decent series before they raped it to death with forced Co-Op crap.

Why do I immideatly think of Evil Genius in Space (Secret Moon Base), when I hear that?

Different engines did it differently. Also again, gamers want results and not those explainations. I think that 4k resolution fetish has to stop. I rather want better physics, 60 fps and mirrors.

I know. I complained about that as well. I actually still remember an early alpha build I played. IIRC it didn't even have a minimap and it was pitch black dark, when you left your starting zone and your Hand of Evil didn't illuminate shit.

I am just saying that there are different ways to solve the problem, then what happened in history. Similarly too how Japan might have surrendered instead of dropping 2 nukes on them.

You guys should have went with something that would have sold itself better on the rule34 sites. :^)
Viral marketing

For some reason I knew it. Dungeon Keeper was popular here. What's going on, Brudi?

I am pretty sure you could only drop your creatures on claimed tiles, because in my head I have memories of those very long marches to the rally flag and If you could just drop them over claimed territory, then I feel like those long marches wouldn't be really necessary.
Or maybe it's just because in most cases there was no way to really drop your creatures too far off for various reasons such as lacking netural terriotry near the enemy and a lack of vision precisely because it's neutral territory.

What do you mean? There was only Overlord 1, Hell expansion and Overlord 2. There were no other Overlord titles, user.

There were repeated requests to the WftO devs to remake Theme Hostpial and Evil Genius (though there supposedly is a sequel to Evil Genius in the making)

WftO is eating more than enough RAM as it already is - mirrors would lead to enormous performance problems.

Oh. This is what you are talking about. I thought you were talking about dropping minions.
No, it is as you say, but only for picking them up.

You are just being petty, user.

Man, I wish Evil Genius included a fast forward button. I didn't notice at first why I wasn't having fun with the game, untill I realized it really needed a way to fast forward.

Try playing any of the 128x128 scenario maps with 8gb of RAM. Especially if the retard of a mapmaker gave the AI spirit workers.

the post i responded to was talking about dungeons 3

You said Overworld though.

Let it be remembered,that Holla Forums along with the rest of infinity,went to shit,because its residents were "too cool" to care about thread quality,weeding out those that don't belong,among other things those before you did so that this place could be as good as it was.
It will all be over,because of you nihilistic faggots.

Theres an Overworld in Dungeons 3 where you walk around as a "big bad" hero guy that kills creep and levels up like in a MOBA.

Oh right. Don't you also look like basically Mordekaiser?

I think both of you got it wrong. Your avatar (Big Bad Evil Guy looking like Sauron) is only appearing in prologue mission of the vanilla campaign and last mission of the expansion campaign.
Usually Overworld functions like RTT in a sense that you only use those troops that you brought from your dungeon and there is clear divide between zones where you can and can't cast. To turn the second zone into the first one, you simply kill everything that's not on your team in it.
Also, Dungeons 3 expanded on the concept of your "general" - he's not levelling up like your regular creatures, you buy levels for him. Oh, and torture mechanic straight out of DK has finally been implemented.

Sure whatever, but the game sucks, user, so I don't care.

Why,are,you,punctuating,like,this?

oh no sorry to hurt your sensibilities
lets see what else is on the front page

so sorry to lower the quality of the board

Stop trying so hard, fag.

Ok. You've made up your mind, not gonna try and change it.