Assassin's Creed

So which assassin's creed game is the best/ actually worth playing and why is it AC2?

Honestly though, I've been thinking about getting into Assassin's Creed. Is it actually bad gameplay wise or are you guys just complaining about SJWs and feminazis killing off the white race?

The only AssCreed games worth playing are 2, Brotherhood, Rogue, and 4. That is it. Everything else can safely be ignored.

It's kinda cool to explore the rooftops of the cities, but other than that it has all the problems every other open world game has. It's basically a linear game in disguise. Empty as fuck and the only thing to really do is look for secrets. The shop doesn't matter. The city management doesn't have any depth. The only thing there is to do is go from mission to mission.

If you enjoy mindlessly running around killing hoards of enemies effortlessly then you'll enjoy it like every other assassin creed game

It's actually bad gameplay wise.
Just make a dubs thread if you wanted a dubs thread, faggot

JUST PLAY PRINCE OF PERSIA

is the first one trash too?

ill think about it

The first one was dated by the time 2 came out. It's the same three missions repeated over the span of 8 some aught hours. The only fun to be had in that game, was the end battle.

None of them
Yes
>>>/reddit/
>>>/somethingawful/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/resetera/

Check em Ubicuck

can you explain what makes it bad/good? maybe we have different tastes user

I just explained to you why it's bad

Impressive. Very nice

For those dubs, I'll tell you to fuck off back to cuckchan.

welp if theyre bad, do you have recommendations for other action-adventure games available on steam? not necessarily zelda-clones, but those would be appreciated.

Seriously fuck off nigger.

Yes. Absolutely. The first game was effectively a tech demo, it featured a single mission but expected you to play it eight fucking times over; You basically went into a new city, did the pickpocket or interrogation mini game to unlock the assassination contract, and then you get to kill the target after the game shows you how abhorrent they are. ACII was a vast improvement as far as sequels go. It introduced a number of new mechanics and extra content, however it wasn't without its problems. The combat, while better than the first game's, was incredibly easy, and this appears to have set a precedent for the series as a whole. Brotherhood was the highlight of Ezio's games, it had a more focused approach to the whole open world thing, but it introduced the "climb the tower and liberate this region of the map" style of design that has spread throughout other Ubisoft games like a cancer. II and Brotherhood still had actual puzzles in them and worthwhile side missions. I especially liked how the assassination contracts corresponded to playable characters in the multiplayer. If I'm not mistaken, you had to kill them in singleplayer to unlock them in the multiplayer, which is a nice touch.

To get to the point, these games are not very challenging. They're story driven shlock that use horrible gameplay to simply give the player something to do between cutscenes. The combat is devoid of any challenge whatsoever, the freerunning is fun but isn't ever truly utilized to its potential beyond a few sequences in which you must chase a target, and even then those are heavily scripted so you might as well be running against a timer, and the stealth is practically non-existent. The whole "social stealth" bullshit is a garbage system that is not fun to use. The puzzles and the tombs were the only fun parts about the game, but those are all gone now.

Black Flag.

fine, pc then
better?

just fuck off nigger.
>>>/reddit/

so thats a no?

listen if discussing video games on a video game imageboard upsets you so just let us know.

Every single Asscreed game is garbage, OP.
You're welcome and fuck off

I don't care what Holla Forums says I immensely enjoyed the Ezio trilogy, wish they brought the hd collection to PC the textures minus the faces look really good. I really felt for Ezio in brotherhood, he's aged and when you jump from a high height, he grunts and you can really feel he's in pain, oddly enough, revelations he doesn't grunt and give off as much pain. Ezio… Had a hard life…

It is. The problem with all those Ubishit studios working on AssCreed is that you have to re-learn how to play because the game mecanics change with each game.
AssCreed II is still the best one because it was the last time that they cared about history, the architecture and the setting.

I'd recommend pirating Unity just for that amazing map.

Dubs

Meine neger

the one with the boat is the only one I enjoyed, and I only played like 30% of it
AC is largely a garbage series

so while we're here, can you recommend any really good action-adventure series? I mean along the lines of Zelda, preferably, although I'm open to anything.

(checked)
Witness me

For shame

It could be worse user. PoP could be the one shat out every half year.

That isn't the case at all.
The gameplay barely changed until the recent Asscreed KANGZ. The real problem is that the gameplay is all filler. None of the "tools" are required to finish the game, the difficulty is borderline braindead and the games are peppered with facebook tier minigames instead of actual mechanical depth.

It probably is for the better.
Wouldn't really know where to go from two thrones anyway.

I thought 3 was pretty good because I liked walking through the forests.

black flag because its mostly a piracy game that happens to have some assassin shit in it

It's pretty good for 3/4 of the game then Ubishit remembered that they were making an AssCreed game so they shoved all that dumb meta story into the last act.
Let's hope that Skull & Bones isn't just a copy/paste of For Honor with the naval sections of Black Flag.

ACII, Brotherhood and Revelations had good soundtrack. Considering all, I think overall the series wasn't that bad. Would have been better if it wasn't that casualized, but they are still very decent games.

I really liked the multiplayer, although I think it needs a rework. I remember that in Revelations people would permanently camp on rooftops. They you are safe up there because if you have a follow you see them instantly and you can kill them before they reach you. There was also this hanging glitch which made you unvulnerable. People used it in the ctf mode. You could not target them with anything since they were hanging but they could still attack you. To summarize it, it was a glitchy, badly balanced shit fest, but it could have been a really nice mode if a proper team worked on it.

It was the worst. They had 2 composers: Jesper Kyd and one of Zimmer's ghost-composers, each had his own style, they've never talked to each other. The result is a mess, you have Kyd's electronic style on one side and the "generic epic blockbuster music" on the other. The last time I heard the same "noise" was on Mass Effect 3 (4 composers, one of them only made a theme).

You could have just asked what AssCreed games are good and people would have said 2 and Black Flag but you just had to be a faggot.

out of the three it's also my least favorite, but I'd say it's still good. I might turn my favorite tracks to webm's later. Anyway, I liked the main title of revelations, "The Crossroads of the World" was okay too, that short "The Hidden City" piece was cool too. The multiplayer part has some decent tracks too. I definitively wouldn't call it bad, but yes it's the worst out of those three.

AC Brotherhood's multiplayer was legit fun, I had a ball playing it back when it came out.

I have a feeling that Jesper Kyd's work on Darksiders 2 was mostly AC Revelations tracks rejected by Ubisoft.

I had a lot of fun playing it too, but it started to suck once people figured the glitches and exploits out. I loved playing mind games and tricking my pursuer, but once you join a server where everyone camps on top of a roof it starts sucking dick.

I wouldn't even say 2 was that good. All it really had going for it was that it wasn't as barebones as 1 and that it had a good story.

Its gameplay is repetitive and boring

thats part of the game silly

You played one you played them all.

These sick quads cannot be ignored

I consider myself a AC fan, was a big fan of AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations back then and replayed all three of them a few times. But even I think that those games could have been better. Story wise and gameplay wise. The story is not bad, but also not very good. I hate how templars are these textbook evil guys and assassin's the good ones. Also Ezio's family died to fast, wish they had made that part more dramatic. AC3 was very poor, Desmonds death was lame and AC Black Flag would have been a better game if it was a standalone pirate game. That said, I kind of liked Edward. He was a very okay dude, killed for money not because of weird ideologies.

Once he turned into a assassin he turned into a faggot. Pretty funny actually, social justice is like a cult or a fucked up sect. But I think the more important question is, would AC turn out better in the hand of another dev? I like Valve, they write dark stories with some decent love stories in them, but they are also a very small team and would in my opinion not be able to make a game of that scale. Modern EA games have very bad stories and I hate asian devs. It's unfortunately a bad game (really wish it was good), but I think it would be even worse in the hand of other devs.

The only time ass creed was passable was 4. The rest are unbelievably bad.

The first one was the best.

They went to shit the second they went with the stupid sci-fi-story though.

Dubs of Solidarity

Trips of good gameplay

Quads of unbreakable objectivity.

Because they actually listened to critics of the first AC and improved the game.

Recently, yes. I played Syndicate and the combat was the generic Arkham style shit every game seems to be going for. Just pirate 2, maybe even the first, and go from there.