Music that should be in a videogame

What kinda music gene/band/song do you think would work really well in a game that hasn't been used often, if at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z7rfX34DBRw
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLekLNd-Buy4Bnmhhhzu6uZfW6yWAhE7jt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wish more games had breaks and dnb. now its only associated with races games and even then thats slowy dying.

80's power ballads.
Imagine a SHMUP where each level is themed after a particular 80's power ballad.
You could have stuff like The Final Countdown which is all about running to escape a ship on its way to Venus about to self-destruct.
You could have a level based on Rock You Like A Hurricane, where you have to fly through airborne debris during a hurricane to rescue people.
You could have a level based on Take On Me which is all done in that hand-drawn pencil shit from the film clip, and it's a brawler like Double Dragon.
I imagine it like an 80's mixtape themed high-score chaser crossed with Wario Ware.

I want /mu/ off my fucking board

Some Darius Games do this to an extent

I want /mu/ to stay.

Classical piano music for the entire soundtrack.

Think of the licensing fees goy.

Classic Metal. In fucking anything.

How do you even consider this music? The vocals are cancer-inducing and the music behind it just doesn't sound good. There's no difference between shit like this and shit like AxCx.

youtube.com/watch?v=z7rfX34DBRw

I wanna hear this as a theme in a fighting game.

It's hard to make a game to a melancholy song unless you're a numale making a walking simulator. Plus Take On Me has a cool art-style hook and a punch up while being chased so it's already got the action set-piece built-in.

I used to think this and then I played I Am Setsuna. By the end of the game I never want to hear a solo piano rendition or see a snowy biome again.

00:16

Rammstein and Eisbrecher for some dark-themed action game.

:^)

I want a viking themed character action game with a folk metal soundtrack.

Did you know we have a board to discuss music that has nothing to do with video games?

did you know ur gay?

Good times.
Forza Horizon 3 is probably one of the few modern games I want to play but

I want a game with no sound at all so I don't even have to mute it to listen to whatever the fuck I want while gaming.

This guys whole channel has great vidya-esque tunes.

we already had 2 of these threads
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLekLNd-Buy4Bnmhhhzu6uZfW6yWAhE7jt

It's more than piano, but both Echochrome soundtracks are top tier. I also want the same as you, dear user.

Acid Jazz

Power metal like Blind Guardian, Sabaton or maybe something along the lines of Powerslave. Also, Famous Monsters punk style for Castlevania style games.

The dubs have spoken and been checked.

mostly the melody though i wouldnt mind shing02 rappin

Post-Black Metal Dungeon Synth.

why

I could really dig Striker for video games. Especially for boss fights that have theatrical entrances and have spikes of high intensity, or even musou situations.

Victory theme

If a game had this song as an ending theme or Title Screen theme, it would instantly get my attention.

I fucking loved this. Thanks a lot user.