Demon's Souls online to be shut down

DeS online will be shut down on February 28th 2018

archive.is/ebFul

Yes, we are aware.

Oh fuck, i thought it was going to shut down in january. Now i got another month to hurry up and play this shit.

I'm surprised that it's still running. WTF.

You des fags better hope someone has been reverse engineering the multiplayer.

Last few times I tried to replay there were awful issues playing online anyway, I guess it's worth one more shot before the servers are gone forever.

I don't think setting up netplay on an emulator is that complicated

My favorite bit from the ATLUS farewell webpage is that one of the ATLUS employees thinks Blighttown is from Demon's Souls.

I'm just waiting for RPCS3 to run MGS4 and eventually revive the MGO2

MGO 2 is back without the need to install CFW but don't get my hopes up, MGO 2 on PC is a pipe dream let alone letting MGS 4 be stable enough to run.

It'll be done within a decade. I'm a very patient man.

I never liked the multiplayer anyway, the netcode was from hell and the gameplay does not compliment PVP. Players indirectly affecting your world with messages, bloodstains and world tendency was interesting, though.

Here's to hoping that some group of autists will rip Dark Souls apart, piece by piece, and reassemble a Demon's Souls mod for PC. Think such a thing would be probable?

No.

Thats not what netplay is mate
Netplay pretty much sends your inputs to the host so you can play two player games together
Getting DeS multiplayer back and running would require a bit more effort

The would've done it by now, dark souls hit peak autism with reddit souls 3

Fuck, any fags want to co-op?

He has pretty eyelashes

Old news, fuck off

Well shit, I've been putting off playing the game until I could replace my PS3's hard drive and not fuck up but I guess I'll have to drag it out early in the middle of my Vectorman 2 and Viewtiful Joe playthroughs on the Gamecube as part of my fuck huge backlog on. I should start it no later than next week.

Is there going to be a weekend where DeS gets as many as possible online? Return to Boletaria or something.

It ok, when Demon souls comes to PC it will have a thriving, high quality, player base.

All servers, EU and NA?

Stay brainlets, Holla Forums. Demon's Souls is two parts, two stanzas if you will. The first is the single player. It's dark, it has, is, and will forever will be the hardest singleplayer experience of all time. It truly is From Software's answer to Dark Souls. However, the singleplayer focuses more on the physical and spiritual sense of things, to beat the single player is to be physically perfect and have found your spirituality. As such it is an insignificant task to complete. If only From would have catered to those intelligent enough to appreciate masterpieces of art like Citizen Kane or The Last Jedi and had implemented an easy mode, or a theater mode where all cutscenes can be watched from the start of the game by the player. Then a profound discussion about what the player is actually playing would be raised. Are they simply watching colorful, crisp images in a sequence, or are their minds being etched with cinematic greatness, replacing childish views that gameplay is the important part of a game? Ah… if only.
The second stanza, is the multiplayer. It's a game of thrones inspired death match between all sorts of high IQ individuals, all with a nihilistic sense of humor. As such it's common to see high art literature such as 1984 and Rick and Morty being quoted as if they were using punctuation. Such a mount Everest is an unconquerable challenge, for you may beat someone, but in the grand scheme of things, they may have beaten you.
By shutting down the multiplayer, only those with an IQ high enough to decipher the subliminal messages behind the "error" messages sent to confuse and gatekeep the inferior, lower specimens, only then can they truly conquer the game and in doing so, attaining a Dark Soul, nay, a Demon's Soul.

RPCS3 Servers when. It only took like a decade to get monster hunter's (ad hoc) connections working without hacky manual frame limiting every time you did anything, emulating an dedicated constant online server for a nipponese spaghetti code ps3 game should be plenty easy! Rip in pieces demon's souls multiplayer

what an amazing shitpost

good riddance

you made me rage and grin at the same time, very well done

I've been playing through it since I got a new PS3, but is anyone else having this horrible issue where the framerate drops and the audio skips or lags seconds behind? I'm using the digital version and none of my other games do this.

So it'll become playable without blocking the PS3's Internet access on the firewall? Neat.

Finally. I was sick of unplugging my console from the router just to play the game without getting ganked

Framerate drops is just part of the experience. DeS fags will defend them. The audio skips is an online issue, disconnect and it will be fine.

It's been going strong for 7+ years, I think it's time to die. Besides, just about everyone who got into DeS is playing Bloodborne or Dark Souls now.

Well I wasn't mate so what now you little snide cunt

I thought it was already gone. But then again, I generally don't even know what year I'm on.

Why are you so mad?
In 5+ years buy a PS3 and DeS for $50 dollars, if not just wait for an EMU.

People have created Multiplayer for Morrowind, nothing is beyond autism and a good game.

I played back in late 2014 and hardly anyone was online. Took 10-15min to invade anyone or get summoned. I can't imagine how empty is must be now.

Not much of a lost honestly. Not to mention the bad parts of the PvP (muh 99 instant full health 2 second grass spam gained from a dupe glitch)

that and apparently the online is broken to a point where just being connected online can make your game perform and sound terrible

happens in DeS whether it's disc or digital. it's gay. either play through it or reset the game

ten outta ten

The PS3 had free multiplayer and Demon's Souls came out in 2009.

the Souls games are my very favorites anti-capitalist games, aside from maybe the Nier games.

Imma fire it up again

WHOS WITH ME
eu server

Multiplayer on the PS3 is free and DeS is almost ten years old.

is gud gaem

Maybe I'll just roll a BBS character