WHO Proposes Gaming Addiction as a disorder

>NICHEGAMER: WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION PROPOSES “GAMING DISORDER” AS NEW TYPE OF ADDICTION
archive.is/X2MBb
>ONE ANGRY GAMER: WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION ADDS “HAZARDOUS GAMING” TO ICD-11 DRAFT
archive.is/GOOWb
>KOTAKU: Experts Have A New Reason To Debate Whether ‘Gaming Disorder’ Is Real
archive.is/Xg6xI
>AKADÉMIAI KIADÓ: Scholars’ open debate paper on the World Health Organization ICD-11 Gaming Disorder proposal
archive.is/bBTqQ
akademiai.com/doi/pdf/10.1556/2006.5.2016.088
archive.is/GS4HU
>BREITBART: W.H.O. Seeks to Classify ‘Gaming Disorder’ as a Mental Illness, Claims ‘Enormous’ Stakeholder Pressure
archive.fo/EQiaE

>FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Setting the Record Straight on WHO Funding
archive.is/APOth
>FORCES: THE FINANCING SHOW ME THE MONEY - WHO FUNDS WHO
archive.is/hyRS

>ABC NEWS: Chinese teen dies at Internet addiction rehab camp
archive.is/eAHzy
>MOTHER JONES: Inside the Chinese Boot Camps Designed to Break Video Game Addiction
archive.is/LaMC4
>THE GUARDIAN: 'Electronic heroin': China's boot camps get tough on internet addicts
archive.is/OJYw8
>THE TELEGRAPH: Chinese teenager dies 48 hours after entering internet rehab camp
archive.is/j1ORW
>THE WASHINGTON POST: A teen checked into an Internet-addiction camp in China. He was dead two days later.
archive.is/mQ4PF
>BUSINESS INSIDER UK: The Chinese military's addiction to this video game is causing national security problems
archive.is/y4hTD

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/3ZVHx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why don't they list addiction to cock as a disorder?
Because they'd all have it.*

WHO cares?

Good, maybe they'll leave us alone again thinking we're a bunch of basement autists.

Nope, people (tumblrites) would go full force with their stupid neurodiversity shit and would be like "I have gamer syndrome hahah please understand bazinga xD'

We already had this thread and it died a slow death around 290 posts. Not much else to discuss.

We could spread this info, at least.

I mean it makes sense. Gambling addiction is a thing too. Doesn't mean that healthy people can't engage in it. The problem comes as with all things when people with pre-existing issues abuse it. The worst forseeable consequence I can think of is that it gives parents who were already distrusting of videogames a reason to take their kid to the doctor so they can pump him full of drugs. That was going to happen regardless anyways.

ah ok I'll sage

So if I play shitty games, can I get disability allowance?

They'll only allow that if you play the games they want you to play. Remember, modernity is glorifying the weaknesses they want you have while demonizing strengths.

Nani?

This didn't have to happen. The thread was almost dead, we almost made it, but some retard bumped it and now we're gonn have another shitposting general for the next 300 posts.

I only wanted to gas the jews. What so wrong with that? Why must you threat me like this?

This isn't about your 4 hours a day cawadooty player, you re not going to be diagnosed for gaming disorder just for playing videogames everyday.

There is a "gaming disorder" i would say because while at first the game is only an escape from other problems, such as social issues, or health problems like obesity, or depression. But eventually those problems get bigger and deeper and you stop caring more and more about yourself or the world because of it, until these problems cause a snowball effect. In that sense gaming could be treated as something like depression related alcoholism. You can't negate that many people here have told how they gave up their dreams and life to do nothing else than play videogames, and that is the problem, people shouldn't give up on life just because they can escape to the virtual world, because eventually it will catch up to them with devastating effects.

You're a big cat

can't go with the russian hacker tactic, huh :^) ?

4meow

i want to know how this eye-sick cat meme started

WEW LAD

>PC GAMER: ESA encourages World Health Organization to reconsider 'Gaming Disorder' classification
archive.fo/3ZVHx

They're really asking for it.

getting really sick of this meme

Why would European Speedrunning Assembly encourage them?