Monster Hunter General

Share webm
Post complaints
REEE at everyone
Don't forget, my opinion > your opinion

Resources:
>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Guides are for casual shitter, figure it out on your own.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ
dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
hunstermonter.net/hunsterverse_new.php
dualshockers.com/monster-hunter-world-sales-10-million-copies/
whyisdenuvobad.github.io
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anybody wanna play 4U? I'll make a room if someone interested

Another reminder that World is going to be fun and salty fucks are the loudest babies.

Sure thing I've not played 4u in some time, lemmie find my ds

If you have no standards, that is.

Reminder even if worlds turns out to be dire shit there's still UUUU.

Alright found my DS and my game, room set up?

It baffles me that bootleg MonHuns like Toukiden and God Eater are generally well received, but the minute we get one made by the actual devs, everyone loses their shit.

23 days left until world, just a little over 3 weeks!

Thanks. Thanks for reminding me.

Lets hope that rumor of a more traditional MH coming to switch is true so that world truly remains more of a spinoff series.
Im going to have fun with world though, the demo pretty much confirmed that for me

OP you forgot the rest of the pasta
gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:

Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."

Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."

Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."

Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"

Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.

If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)

Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

Monster Hunter World's release has been confirmed for 18/1/26.

Fuck off, everybody knows that the only fags who like world arethe discord kiddies that ended up being cuckchan crossposters

You'd fucking hate MH5 too you crusty old cucks.

You post this in every single thread, how did you manage to fuck it up this time?

If that ever did happen, together with the recent breakthroughs in the switch hacking scene and the eventual CFW that it may lead to, and rumors of pain online being dead, maybe there would almost be a reason to buy a switch. Almost. It has nothing else I'm interested in and buying a console for a single game is still retarded.

I played 3U after 4U, Generations, and XX, and it's my favorite game in the series. So it isn't just nostalgia goggles. 3rd gen had great, memorable, and fairly unique monsters all around, dropped a lot of the shittier monsters from the previous gens (the -dromes especially, they were all complete garbage), and had fun underwater combat. It also had better map design overall compared to the other gens, lacked mounting and the random ledges and cliffs it brought, and had better writing and characters compared to the other games in the series I've played. Not that anyone who plays MH cares about that last part.
World is MH5. And yes, we do hate it.

The cancer killing MH.

Because it's not the same person every time, that's just what (((certain people))) want you to believe.

Are you implying that there is more than a single person other than me posting in this thread? Fuck off, nipanon, your shill tactics won't work on me. I'm going to preorder another copy of World right now just to spite you.

I don't know why I open these threads any more. Currently the worst threads on Holla Forums.

Theres nothing i can do about it but I'll at least rightfully check your dubs user. I'm just burnt out on the other monhun games and am patiently waiting for world right now.
But I also agree that these threads nowadays are incredibly shitty and are filled with retards screaming pointless dribble and near non-stop shitposting.
I wonder when it will end.

(checked)
(checked)

I mean, I'd play, but for reasons I'd need to start a brand new file on whatever game, and I presume that regardless of which title it is everyone would be endgame tier at this point, and getting carried is boring.

I'm going to enjoy MHW

Because the bootleg ones expanded on their unique qualities and tried to go off in their own direction instead of focusing entirely on being a MH bootleg again.
When the MH devs try something "fresh" it always causes regression or if the botch a good idea in one game they just remove it instead of just fixing it in the next game. The MH devs are creatively retarded and do more damage themselves than capcom higher ups could do.

congratulations, you redditized the pasta

I'd start a new game with you. Maybe. I can't imagine it lasting for very long before one of us got very overlevelled though, if our timezones even match up for that matter.

Monster Hunter doesn't have levels.

this is the best monster tbh

Gosh, don't get your panties in a knot. Equipment, HR and mats, overgeared or over'ranked' then, if that makes you feel any better.

Which is why you just equip an HR set if your nigger friend hasn't gotten to G-Rank yet.

There's not as much fun in gimping yourself to fit with weaker players as in actually playing through the game again. It was more that either one of us will end up putting more time in by themselves owing to the fact that playing with someone over hotwheels' board is pretty inconsistent. Once either one of us gets significantly ahead, someone is going to be 'carrying' in practice regardless of whether they deliberately use an alternate set of weaker equipment, because they will already have obtained materials and cleared the quests that the weaker player is currently doing. At that point you might as well just do co-op arenas, which would actually be pretty fun, but arenas barely incorporate any character progression. To clarify, I don't really care about adding anyone to an end-game grind squad by this point, both because it's mostly easier to just grind by yourself, unless you're doing hame runs, and also because I'm flat out bored of it.
Sorry for making a half-assed poorly thought out post instead of expounding on every detail of what I was thinking.

Qurupeco is better

I can pretty much promise our time zones don't match up, though with my work schedule that might actually be a good thing. Either way, which game would you be interested in? Someone mentioned that PPSSPP online is functional now, but I haven't tested it out myself. If that works I'd be up for any of the PSP titles, or regardless either of the 3DS titles that can do online can do either language too

3DS games are really easy to jump on and off, plus I won't always have pc access for the next few months, but yeah last time I used it ppsspp is really easy once you set it up. Assuming I left everything in place I should still have p3rd already set-up somewhere, otherwise any of the 3ds titles are fine and it wouldn't take too ling to get FU ready either. Let me know if you're interested in playing sometime.

Sounds good. It's a bit late to do anything tonight, but tell me which game would be most convenient and fun and I can at least get it downloading if I don't have it already, and if it's one of the DS ones at least start on the tutorial crap on the commute to work tomorrow.

4U or G (I have U already downloaded, but G servers are definitely going to be better by this point if you want more players) and double cross for 3ds. I found where I kept my p3rd stuff but I'm having some difficulties with it now, it's been a year or two since I last used it, so there's probably a better method than what I've got (hamachi I think?), I'll take a look again.

4G sounds great, I'll get that pulled down and work through the opening game when I can then. Look forward to hunting with you user!

people will REEEE me again, but for the ppsspp games the easier and best way to play is through the Hunster Verse server.
No need to dabble in port fowarding, ip changing or shit like that, just connect, find a room and it's all set, the initial setup to it is maybe 15 minutes (and 10 of those minutes is just waiting for them to let you use the commands in discord to get the server's IP )

hunstermonter.net/hunsterverse_new.php

You too, have a nice night!

Why did people REE?

HYPE
So when are we getting a pokemon collab?
I had a dream where i was fighting a tropius once, best shit.

because you have to enter their discord to agree to the rules and get the IP

Nothing wrong with discord.

I'm sorry but if you have to use discord I'm not sure if I'd get involved. I don't even like to use skype for use in regular life, so something like discord for video games & etc is really a bit much.

t. merchant

you can just use the web version, agree to the rules, get the ip and never look at discord again unless they change the ip one day, you don't need to be on it to use the server

I dont think nintendo nor gamefreak will ever allow capcom to make a game where you can mercilessly kill the shit out of pikachu and then harvest its flesh for later use. The fans would have to make it themselves But it would be sick though, legendary/pseudo legendary pokemon could count as elder dragons.
Armor based off of different types of pokemon with the type rock paper scissors present
Certain hunting areas could be its own new region or based off of pokemon areas from previous games
You can still use pokeballs to capture pokemon if they are limping/weak

There is so much potential here but nintendo wont even dare to think about it, but I will.
Too bad I cant develop games and am too lazy to learn

PETA is already on nintendo ass without this, imagine the shit show when you can actually hunt pokemon and wear their skin and scales.

Please stop. My penis cannot get any more erect!
I want that game to exist even more now

kinda strange for a fetish, but i've seen worse.

ALSO

I really didn't needed that in my life user.

tell me it's real

Believe it.

Why the fuck is it coming out so late?

They aren't out sourcing the port so it's done by the same team, they previously stated they would work on the pc port after the console version is done.
I was hoping for a summer release at worst so I could hold out on it.
Guess I'll be beta testing, I enjoyed the beta enough.

i prefer it to be late than to be shit.
let the console people beta test the game, so we can know exactly how shitty the game really is.

Guess I will have to buy PS4 then

stfu sonygger

Enjoy waiting a year and playing with 500 playerbase lold

Do you even like Monster Hunter?

Wew lad, you're getting some good (You)'s.

I bought 3DS for MH

I like the magmar one, even with the esque-Volvidon appearence.
Damn, Zinogre is litterally the Lucario of Monster Hunter.
Do you have more of these?

wew

only other two i've found.

Gotta wait for a new version on Denuvo to add to the game

PC VERSION COMING OUT IN THE FALL

oh fuck that user was fast
at least I dont directly link to youtube though

I wonder how many of the time limited event PC will miss out on.

So it can be properly (((optimized))), of course.

Look at this
Onix could literally be a najarala reskin, and steelix could be made into a tidal najarala thus the different hitzones and the overall sturdier monster.
If you really wanted to keep the mega steelix you could mod it into an apex tidal najarala.
HELL YOU COULD MAKE THE WHOLE APEX/EPIDEMIC STUFF LIKE MEGA EVOLUTIONS
This is too good of an idea.

Pokenigger out, that shit is the bane of my existence.

it wouldn't be the first time.

SUH ZOO KEEEH

Unfortunately the series known for crossing over with tons of other series spent several games on Nintendo consoles and the best they could come up with was Animal Crossing and Mario Palico skins.

They really should add some kind of gear match system to the games to both stomp out carrying and allow people to help friends easier without making the fights trivial.

well it looks like Capcom is setting crazy expectations again so get ready for an edgy even more garbage reboot done by Western devs in a few years.

dualshockers.com/monster-hunter-world-sales-10-million-copies/

Eat shit, user.

Even so, Inafune was responsible for cucking out so many of Capcoms IPs to western devs and Ryozo is too defensive of the MonHun IP for anyone but the inhouse team to work on it. Otherwise it would've already happened.

amatsu would be rayquaza

No surprise there, capcom is part of the upper echelon of retarded publishers
Expect the PC version to have denuvo so they lose even more sales to that.

What a pointlessly pessimistic statement. When have you faggots become so blackpilled?

I used to not think it would but both RE7 and MVCI both have denuvo. so it is looking pretty grim right now. that bring said though if it's denuvo free I might buy it.

That's not my point. Once you actually know for sure it's fair game to complain. I just don't see the point of bitching about it for months up until release when there's nothing confirmed. Anons did the same shit when Nioh got announced for PC, crying that the port would be horrible and have denuvo, but it turned out fine.
I'm simply tired of this pre-emptive pessimism that seems to stem from people being too scared they might have their expectations not met, or because they see it as a game of "I told you so" and want to win. If it's out of concern, whining on a mongolian basket-weaving forum isn't really going to help it.

Is there any reason we couldn't have one person jump in, get the IP, and share it with everyone else?

What? Also, I think is the first time anyone official has even mentioned the PC port existing. Does that mean it actually will get a PC release in Japan too? So far everything has made it seem like it would be purely PS4 exclusive in Japan.

If you're settling for World, I'd have to ask you that very question.

But… that's how it's always been, it only turned to pushing launch sale numbers so retardedly heavily in the last couple generations.

I'd have to disagree bitching about it shows that it isn't wanted and might turn the tide on a decision. Especially when it is Capcom and they seem so fucking stubborn with patching games. Most of Capcom's old PC ports still have GFWL hooks in them.

Then start an e-mail campaign or something. Bitching about it in a niche community achieves nothing if your goal is to make Capcom aware that their fans don't want that shit. At least that way that concern/distaste/whatever you want to call it is directed the right way instead of at a bunch of bystanders. Otherwise you just incite more arguments that go nowhere (like this one.)
If 5% of the anons who bitch about the industry being shit made a game themselves, maybe the industry would no longer be shit.

I've seen people bitching about Denuvo for years but I still have no idea what it even is

DRM, people don't like it

It's surprisingly stupid DRM, that is proven time and time again to not do its job and get cracked within hours of the release anyway, still companies force it into any and every game, just to have it do considerably worse performance wise.
It makes cracked games not only free but even better than the original literally.

Its an anti tamper device that continuously encrypts and then decrypt itself.
On a MH related note what do you user's think will be shown off this Friday? I'm betting on a volcano map of some sort.

I hope they finally reveal the monster that was hidden at the end of the rotten vale trailer, and it better be Xeno'jiiva. Thats a name too badass to ignore.

whyisdenuvobad.github.io

The difference is that Nioh is Koei Tecmo, and Denuvo would have been a first for them. For Capcom it wouldn't be.
At least this huge delay and probable denuvo ensures World will be appropriately spurned.

Why wouldn't it have denuvo? Capcom refuses to drop use of it regardless of how many of their games get instantly cracked. Not to mention there only PC releases in the last year that didn't use it are budget titles/re-releases. Every single one of their main new releases has used it.

It's gonna have denuvo and you have to be an absolute moron to think Worlds won't have it. The only way Worlds won't use it is if Denuvo goes tits up before the release.

I miss you niggers, but I've gotten all I can out of 4U. Maybe if Crapcom pulls their heads out of their asses we'll play again someday
Zyd if you're still around you hurt us by disappearing

Fucking Narkakos

I wonder what happened to tralf, I remember playing with that guy a few times back in 4u.
I regret not playing with you guys more, you guys are always pretty chill to play with

tralf probably moved on, a lot of people have. I bumped into him twice playing EDF 4.1 though.
4u came out 3+ years ago, feels like it's been forever
I"M SAD

As i said, you have to agree to the rules or your IP is rejected/banned

one v one my dick nigger

I'm more tired of the constant "We can't know until it's out!" shit people keep spouting, because that just stops a conversation. We can't advance past that point, you shut off all conversation and insulated yourself. People complain because they yearn for quality.

A lot of them left for 4chan /vg/, and if you've ever visited that general you know they're basically fellating every MH game no matter the flaws.
Most of the people there are genuinely going to buy World twice.

Fuck that, I just want a game where I can capture Monster Hunter monsters and raise them and battle with them. Stories was so close but they fucked it up by using some shitty Chinese jankenpon combat.

Do you even read the article? the sales number isn't from Capcom you illiterate nigger

Capcom hadn't killed off all their IPs during previous MonHun installments. Now they have.
Ryozo also wouldn't have "pandered to western audiences", but here we are.

Why not both?

I'll be up for a couple hours if you (or anyone else) want to do some 4G hunting!

Ah, fair enough then.

Honestly the last one I was mildly okay with but the first two are really turning me off of this game. I'm basically forced to get the PS4 version if I want to play with any of those wacky Japanese players and deal with objectively inferior performance.

Two new trailers, jho and the elder dragons.

Who gives a god damn fuck about playing online anyways? Kids these days don't know how to solo shit because they're babied by having 4 man groups 100% of the game.

stop being lazy.

On another note:
nice.

YES YES YES

Hopefully the engine is at least salvageable to use for a Monster Hunter game in the future instead of only being used to make World sequels.

Why the fuck isn't Jho included in the base game when the base game is about monster interaction and ecology, something Jho's entire monster design excels at?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this also means this will be the first MH since his introduction where he doesn't invade quests starting at high-rank, since he's not in the game on release.
Those cutscenes and the voice acting suck shit too.

Because they're only using those as excuses to dumb the game down.

I believe you're right.

It's almost like the game is bad or something

why would he not invade quests after he is implemented? they can easily make it so after he is put in the game he appears in the High Rank quests as he normally would.
As far as i know all monsters roam the map at the same time now, they just need to change a value in the code and you have jho roaming the map too.

Only 3 at a time, I wonder if its random spawn or depend on the difficulty

I WAS FUCKING RIGHT ABOUT THE ROTTEN VALE MONSTER BEING REVEALED!
And I can see that they finally implemented a version of this guy into the game except as a damn elder dragon.
My body is so fucking ready

how do you expect it to invade if its not in the game m8.

So deoderants to confuse it and stop its berserk?

That just sounds like a prototype of Gore Magala.

its probably a stand in since giggy miggy is meant to be super rare and limited to one continent a world away.

nobody is forcing you to play on console

From what I gather, nips hates playing with gaijin because they considered us very impatience

Thats because we are.

But at least we aren't FR.

The point is that Jho should have been there from the start, you seriously telling me that they decided to save one of the more iconic monsters in the series, especially when it comes to ecology, in a game marketed with a heavy focus on ecology, as post release content? By the time he's added in the game his interruptions won't be a threat anymore to most players unless you're a PCfag like me or just started playing.

user there are other monsters in the game besides deviljho, and there also have been MH games were certain monsters tend to be omitted, at least they are adding him in at all.
And since you are a PC fag, what you are complaining about is pointless since it will be in the game once its available to you.

Then why are you even complaining fag?

Will people care anymore after that long?

In the case of a Monster Hunter title, you wait for the G release anyway, so unless World turns out to be a completely irredeemable trainwreck, fans will care. Normalfags won't though, which is the problem since World is deliberately targeting them as hard as possible.

DLC monsters might work differently from previous installments?

Because the thought process behind a game's development can reveal a lot about the end product, like adding a monster that would work extremely well with the theme of the game at least 2 months after the game's initial release tells me that they either have no clue what the fuck they're doing, that the ecology hook is a marketing gimmick and/or they're delaying monsters like Jho on purpose to give the game a longer life and better PR, similar to the DLC system of old but instead of hiding sub-species for the most part behind free "DLC" it's entire monsters.

Why not? Dragon's Dogma PC port was release 4 years after the console version.

Exactly. No one likes that the game is aimed for wider audience, but if the normalfags drop interest, MH is dead for PC before it even got a chance. And I will be mad, because I have yearned for a proper a MH pc version since I emulated FU.

So the ps4 port will take 6-7 years by your logic.

It never really had a chance to begin with is the thing - PC isn't a thing in Japan outside of the MMOfags and the porn games so for them to consider it as a platform in the first place requires them to target the Western normalfag audience.

Are you retarded?

Dark souls always came to PC after the port of 1.

Are you? I was talking about DD port they are making for ps4, incase you are actually that retarded.

And I mean by that dark souls thing that they do understand that westerners like PC and dark souls pc version was most likely aimed for westerners. So why couldn't they think like that for MH?

I do agree that it should've been on the game from the start, but they can and probably will make it roam around after it's released, and that was everything a was talking about, stop sperging like a nip man.

Because Bamco was targeting the Western normalfag audience. Also, haven't played the games myself, but I've heard they dropped in quality hard after the first one anyway.

They did though, that's why World, a game designed from the ground up for Westerners in every way, is getting a PC release

Why are you moving goalpost? you asked if PCfag still interested in the game 6 months after the console release and I give you example of a game that sold very well on PC despite being a 4 years old console game. What the fuck does PS4 port have anything to do with it?

It just cements how little they actually care about making a monster hunter game. They ruin most old stay conventions, completely erase the identity of some weapons, don't adapt monster AI to the more mobile player characters.
It just shows a complete lack of effort and care about their own franchise

So they should target us with the MH too.
I don't think dark souls got any casualization, but 2 was made by b-team and during 3 the director probably got tired of the series. I think the director already said he doesn't want to make anymore dark souls games.

No one was expecting pc of DD when it was released though.
And if you can't catch the drift of the other part, I guess we have talked enough. :^)

You said yourself he is retarded, why are you still arguing?
Are you retarded too?

Not really, they're betting on fans buying into it just because it has "Monster Hunter" in the title, and hoping you'll just blindly buy it out of brand loyalty while they completely gut it to try to sell to a completely new audience.

Keep it up mate, when the shills start calling you "nipanon" it means you're right and they can't actually counter anything you say.

If you want to buttbuddy someone, you could do it in discord :^)

Well there are some radical changes to the game, but from the beta I wouldn't yet call it gutted.

So what? doesn't change the fact that peoples still hype for it.

context is still completely different.

But they ARE adding it in a free update this spring, the problem is pretty much going to solve itself. The fact that we knew that the pickle was going to be in the game since the leaked list proves that the developers DO care about the game, but are just adding him later on. Not to mention it would be more work to add monsters due to the interactions, more detailed and varied enviornments and possibly more factors, especially with deviljho. You especially shouldnt be complaining if your're a pcfag since you will have him by the time the game comes out.
But they are continuing development of the game and are adding content through free updates while simultaneously working on the pc port. You're full of shit user. Its alright to not like the game but be reasonable about it.

You have yet give reasons as to why peoples wouldn't care just because it took 6 months to be release on PC

I never said they wouldn't, but I was only afraid that they wouldn't, because normalfags have shit attention span. And most of them already played it on PS4 by then.

If anything that's a good thing, we want it to bomb with the normalfags.

Wow, what a passive aggressive soyboy. You basically have no argument then.

Do we? I don't know. It has weird changes but it still looks okay. If world bombs, that is for sure farewell to future PC releases.
At least 3ds and wiiu emulation is coming up nicely. Who knows how fast they can emulate local area network through tunneling.

Nice buzzword and no argument.
Do you even know what passive aggressive means?

What argument? you gave none because you're a cuck that afraid of some ass whooping.

feels good to be masterrace

You really are complete waste of air, huh?
Stay cute.

speak for yourself, nigga.

New beta on the 18th - 22nd.
It will include a Nergigante hunt.

Yes, because even if you think World is OK, if the normalfag audience proves receptive enough to make it successful, the sequel will be worse, because they'll go further and further to appease the YouTubers and reviewers who will complain it's still too hard.

I don't really care about platform, so that's a non-issue really. As long as it's not on something completely stupid as a touch/motion-exclusive platform, it makes no difference to me if it's on a PC, Sony, or Nintendo platform.

Yes, I'm aware shills want it to succeed with normalfags, since that's the entire reason you're being paid to do what you do, but I mean "we" as in people who actually like Monster Hunter.

cmon m8, you are neither agreeing or disagreeing with me, thats a text book definition of passive aggressive

You're a sad existence.

You are just cringy.

Alos sorry to burst your black and white bubble. But you really should go back to school. No one likes unnecessarily people like you.

yeah and everyone that disagree with me is nipanon, funny how that works.

Like Chappelle said, maybe you're not, but you're sure wearing the uniform.

These threads have been a fucking mess lately.

no one likes passive aggressive cuck too

I was the first to call makoto on his retarded sperging, way before it became a meme, if someone spergs like him, i will call him out on it.
Never said he was Makoto himself though.
Don't tell me the nipanon word is triggering you, that would make your existence even sadder.

You do realize that work both ways. Maybe you're not nipanon, but you sure acting like one.

Good morning wrestling fans! You have heard the phrases.

And probably much more but tonight, a bloody battle like no other will take place in /mhg/, called!…
>nipanon vs shills

WITNESS THE BATTLE OF THESE FEROCIOUS TITANS TO RECLAIM /MHG/ ON TONIGHT'S WWE SUPERSLAAAAAAM.

Please learn the definition. Repeating shit is also tiresome.

Doesn't matter which wins, there threads are already shit.

I did, it said 7f7ed9

The peace and harmony was fun while it lasted.
But I personally only really participated in /mhg/ back in the 4u days, didnt give too much of a shit about gen/x/xx.
I dont care what the spergs say Im looking forward to playing and talking about world with the few anons who like it in here.

That would be funny. If we were 14, though I guess you are.

Hi I'm here today, might be too late though. 4G if anyone else is interested in playing low rank.

I would join you but no 3DS makes it kinda hard to.
I hope they make a decent 3DS emulator soon, it's strange that a platform cracked open like the 3DS was still has shitty emulator support.

Nice strawman, time for you fuck off back to cuckchan

That's the post dipshit. We're getting him just like we get hunts in updates with the old games, but nope this is a sign of doom within the studio somehow. Please return to shitposting somewhere else

Hes right you know?
And speaking of interacting with monsters the pickle doesnt just simply hurt the G.Jagras up in the trailer, HE USES IT AS A FUCKING WEAPON
If you dont think thats a cool addition to the pickle fight then get the fuck out of my face.
That shit alone and the fact that they arent just importing his moveset and model, but instead reworking it entirely shows that the devs do in fact care to make the game for fun and makes the delay worth it.

Fuck off world shills it's make no sense to issue an statement saying that they are focusing on ecology and monster interaction and then deciding to not add jho to the base game, There is been not a single user that didnt agree that if the monster list that was leaked was real they fucked it up pretty badly, and you had the same discord cuckchan crosspoters doing damage control saying that you cant criticize it because they will be releasing more monster for free in the same manner you retards are doing now.

That is some counter argument you have there. Your whole series of posts indicate you have never really played MH to any serious degree and are just jumping on the NEW GAME SUCKS bandwagon.

That was my first post, but of course, you dont even know that we have ID's before posting like the retarded cuckchan crossposter from the discord that you are.

God fucking damn do I hope the other team is working on a classic Monster Hunter game so that we can split the thread into two and the shitposting can stop.

But they are adding jho into the base game via a free update later on with new monsters too probably. How is that bad? You're getting exactly what you want and you still find a way to bitch about it.

I'm sorry, but your taste is so shit I have to write it off.

inb4 it's delayed until winter like REVII's Not A Hero DLC.

You do understand that all the shitposting is coming from you people that keep getting angry at shit right?
You anons are angry that you're getting free content right now, i can safely say that if jho was nowhere to be found, you guys would never raise this point.

He will not be on release, he will be added on future contents as free DLC. the base game that will be released on january 16 will not have it and there is not even a release date for the update beside saying that the first free DLC will be released on spring. I'll say it again,
There is been not a single user that didnt agree that if the monster list that was leaked was real,then they fucked it up pretty badly, and you had the same discord cuckchan crosspoters doing damage control saying that you cant criticize it because they will be releasing more monster for free in the same manner you are doing now, so stop trying to shutdown valid criticism, it was their decision to release MH:World with a lackluster list of monster if the leak is true, it was their decision to not include JHO at release even after they issued an statement saying that they are focusing on ecology and monster interaction.
A game having future updates as Free DLC doesnt invalidate any of this, so saying shit like you shoudnt be complaining is asinine.

january 26*

Have they showed any of high rank at all or even confirmed if it's in the game. I don't know about you guys but Monster Hunter for me is usually kind of boring until I get to HR.

learn to swim faggot

user, the game comes out in 3 weeks, I have questions too but all will be revealed once the game comes out. All we have to do is just wait.

I liked it better when it wasn't popular t.b.q.h. also MHFU is still the best.

It came.

Grats.
Did it come with the ugly controller? The ps4 itself looks neat.

For a moment there i thought that was red dirt on top of the PS4
Congratulations i guess.

Did it come with the actual game? Its supposed to be a digital copy so you have a code or something right?

Came with the controller, game, etc.

It came with the game, or just the preload?
I mean, i don't think you can play it 3 weeks before launch, right?

preload

Can you change the date on your ps4 and see if you can load the game like that? It would be worth a try.

I would imagine they were smart enough to make it check the server's time.

I wanted to try out Monster Hunter series for the first time but it's time to abandon all hope

It's Capcom, they are stupid enough to do something like that.

We said it hundreds of times already, go emulate the PSP ones, freedom unite and portable 3rd.

I know that preloading is based off of Server times, so you can't play the game earlier than you should be able to. Granted, I've only ever preloaded a single game ever and it also happened to be on ps4.

MY DICK COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE HARDER

bro

he never looked so spiky before
he's been upgraded from pickle to cactus

I've been wanting to try some different weapons after doing the last 3 games with nothing but the same 4 in a row and was wondering if there is a decent fag on youtube with decent tips.

can't you just emulate the psp titles?

No.
But Arekz or whatever has some okay videos showing most of the possible combos.

I was more inclined for the ones like which bowgun ammo goes for which type of monster or which areas to hit most in monsters mostly because I've never tried a ranged weapon.

That's just it though, there never was any single "Makoto" or "Nipanon," you created a meme. You were the sperg all along.

Except I'm not, beyond not fellating World. But then, that's the point I suppose, since the entire reason for the meme in the first place is to ostracize any opinions that work against the interests of certain groups.

PPSSPP, go grab Freedom Unite or Portable 3rd.

There was, he even talked about it with us because in the beginning people found him funny and found it curious someone on Holla Forums's Holla Forums doesn't know anything about PC gaming or the western gaming industry, it was when people got tired of the sperging that people started use makoto and nipanon as a pejorative word.
I don't even know why the fuck i'm humoring you when you keep hiding yourself behind the "we are on the righteous side, everyone else is a shill" shit like a fucking liberal.

This thread gave me cancer.

I found out about nipanons existence through his consistent posting style last year, and with the amount of relentless sperging he did I have no doubt that he may be autistic, or just plain dedicated.
Did anyone find out why exactly he didnt know anything about the western gaming industry despite browsing 8ch a western board? How did he even find this place?
Oh and fun fact he also browses the 3ds homebrew threads, hes a pretty chill dude when hes not sperging out

I watched this guys hammer video seemed pretty good. He only runs through what he tested are the most viable combos though. However it was concise and gets straight to the point.

Welcome to /mhg/.

no you aren't, you're gonna get him in the added hunts because the interactions are so scripted. They're being lazy enough with a lot of implementation that there's no reason to believe that they'd bother having more than a few monsters he can interact with.
He's not gonna be some dangerous unknown, he's just gonna be there when you look for him, and no time aside from that

OH FUCK

The fuck are you trying to say? by your logic, we aren't getting the pc release because we're getting it later after the console release

I'd be so happy if they actually added in that giant dude as a hunt for fags like us to group up and beat our heads against.

what? but then again, I'm excited to hunt nergigante solo

I am so tired of the FUCKING spergs in this FUCKING thread. I can understand not liking world and shitting on it. Totally understandable. But you fucks do nothing but lie about the game nonstop. None of the monster interactions are scripted. Even in the Beta which was basically on game journalist difficulty you could see a tremendous amount of time and energy was spent making the monsters do all kinds of environmental stuff. The way they climb, move around, and behave in general is very unscripted and the monsters will use the environment to attack you by jumping off of trees, and some pick up objects in the environment to use as weapons. Not like tetsu and his rocks in 4u but actual environmental objects with physics and properties. There is a monster that will rub against trees and stuff to build static electricity for attacks.

You can hate the game all you want, but if you're going to do nothing but spout lies kindly shut the fuck up and let the adults speak.

Yay for time zones. I'm settling in to eat dinner, but in an hour and a half or so I should be free for about five hours to play if you or anyone else is around.

Alright, if or anyone else is up for Low Rank (as in a fresh start basically) in 4G, I'll be up for a few hours. Post and I'll put up a room, otherwise I'll be doing random expeditions to build up points for item farming.

They're entirely scripted the fuck are you on about. They have an interaction that then they run away from eachother. They don't fight, they do a scripted scene where you go WOW SO AWESOME.
Play the fucking demo you dumbass

He's going to be so nonpresent it doesn't matter if they're adding him because like most DLC shit he'll only be in his hunts. You won't see him anywhere else no matter what.

Wrong. I have had monsters not even turf war and fight with the hunters in the demo you stupid disingenuous faggot. Probably a butthurt switchfag.

I don't think you understand what "scripted" means. The monster interactions are not procedural. They do not just randomly come up with the animations for picking up another monster and using it as a weapon. That is a scripted interaction, and it has to be programmed in, and it has to be programmed in for each and every different monster type or else it'll look really bad and be full of ugly clipping.

What the fuck were you expecting nigger? You are just reaching now.

It's not what he was expecting, it's that because it's handled in that way, they're not going to bother to work the deviljho into normal hunts at all. He's going to be exclusive to the DLC and completely underplay what his entire gimmick was.

pathetic go back to cuckchan faggot

You have no idea how it is going to work. You are reaching.

You're right, I'm sure capcom will go through the effort of making new animations for every monster and have it randomly invade.
I mean that's the reason they're taking the extra time to put it in! It's not like this is capcom, who's ruined all of their franchises but one!

You are getting on some star citizen cult level delusion here.

They aren't even releasing him until spring at least a whole 5 months until after the game even launches. You're being really fucking obtuse and retarded right now.

World for Switch never ever.

Better call me nipanon to finish up my bingo card here.

uh, yeah? of course this was going to happen, it always fucking does; they love their raths and they get precedent, period. It's like you've never played monhun before or something
Nigger you just said it yourself, they've given themselves 5 MONTHS to get Jho ready for release, and they already have enough to throw in a trailer. it's like, put 2 and 2 together for fucks sake and stop being retarded.
Jesus christ how horrifying, but also I don't need no bingo card to know when I'm (you)ing an absolute permatard, but by all means please continue on with that for them laughs and shit opinions my friend.

oh dear god I'm so sorry

I guess I have to delete this image.

Beta is the new demo.

Im not sure about you but I will personally enjoy fighting Nosferatu Zodd.

The truth is I am too
Ishidoro should have longsword icon.

There is just a handful of anons in these theads trying to turn the freshest looking monster hunter since 3u into the next TORtanic. It's unbelievable how fucking stupid it is.

Damn that's some projection, just because the game looks bad doesn't mean it's TORtanic user

Playan MH4U now. It's so much better than MH3, thank god I switched to 4.
Does anyone still play 4? Not just in this thread but in general, would I be able to pair up with random strangers still? I've never played MH outside of solo and I really want a taste of co-op.

4U is objectively the best game in the series. World looks okay so far though.

Last year there were still pretty good amount of rooms online.

That's strongly debatable. 4U is objectively the last good game they made in the series though.

It's my favorite. It has the most and best content.

For me it had the best monsters, atmosphere, music, visuals, it was well balanced and even has a good story. That game was pretty much just plain fun for me, and playing it truly felt like some kind of adventure. I wish I can wipe my memories of the game and experience it all over again. World does look pretty good but I honestly think it wount top 4U at all. Those freedom unite fags are all kidding themselves when they say their game is the best though

Screenshots are ok, when playing everything looks like smeared paint with glowing highlights all over the fucking place.

4U had the worst endgame of all MHs though.

Monster Hunter 4's guild quests made every single monster in the game relevant. The only unfortunate thing about them was the map

just turn off motion blur?

Except there was never any reason to run anything but Teostra or Rajang, and that's all 4U's end game was.

Shaka village genocide mission then? Can't wait.

Still looks like shit, and the framerate is worse than the 3DS games which is fucking hilarious.

it's like we don't even have to try to find things to point out why this game is casual bait

Guild quests were a good idea that turned out to be kind of bad. plus the random drop gear was shit idea

No shit, we've only seen ps4.

shakalaka comrades?

Freedom Unite will always be the best if you want to experience the core of the series. No gimmicks, polished all the mechanics that were still rough from the early games and packed with content. It's grind for armor/weapons and hunt monsters at it's purest point.
I can understand not saying it's the best in the series but it shouldn't be brushed off completely. Unite, 3U and 4U together cover everything you need out of the series.

On PC the framerate will be great. On consoles if you shell out for the premium consoles you get a solid 30, I think.

Maybe the pro and whatever the equivalent for xboner is can run it over 30fps. The demo didn't use ps4 pro's boost even when it gave the option.

I'd be down to play some 4u with you later user in about seven hours when I get off work.

Wouldn't that be portable 3rd? Since it cleaned up the hitboxes but cut out all the underwater combat and was before mounting and shit.

I'm sure the framerate will be better on PC I just find it hilarious that shills scream MH is on a "real" system now and it runs like shit.

That was 100% because of the relic system, which shouldn't have had drop rates tied to such a small pool of monsters.

Relic weapons should have been upgradeable from any level to only slightly above top tier rank 10 weapons while acting as item sinks from a bunch of monsters. You find a sickass glowing sword while dinking around in low rank and have it grow with you all the way through the game, it's YOUR sword and you have to kill everything to make it better.

Relic armors were useless outside of a getting a few skills (and even then weren't much better than a good charm). Their only real use was fashion.

At least it no longer looks like a PS2 game. It just runs worse and still uses the same animations.

there is literally nothing wrong with anything looking like a ps2 game

That could have been cool.

Didn't that one GS in FU had kind of the same idea? Basically needed all kind of elder dragon items, and some fatalis items at the end.

Good shit user
Does it matter what level I am? I'm just starting and hunting G.Jaggis and Velocidrones.

I actually agree with you if the textures are actually crisp and clear. I am playing through XX on the switch right now and I love the way it looks. The 3DS though just looked all muddy especially X/XX they added all the new particle effects. So they put the camera up the players ass to cut down on what was being rendered. It looked abysmal. If they had just gone to the vita instead of the 3DS it probably would have silenced all the people who were complaining about it not being on a real console.

I haven't been into MH long. But after playing the demo it just…doesn't feel like I'm accomplishing anything. I don't feel bad ass for taking out a monster that kept taking chunks of my health with each hit. You don't have to learn any real tells for the monsters. Sometimes tells don't even help because it will quickly switch to a new attack after the first. The finding clues to find the trail of the monster is cool. But take the fireflies out and make it a dart you shoot into the monster with the sling. I use charge blade and sometimes it feels like my combos don't connect into each other (after triangle+circle I have to wait until after it's finished to hold circle for charge double slash). If monsters meet up they'll have one fight and that's it. They pretty much ignore each other after that. Trying to get away so you can sharpen your weapon is a nightmare sometimes. Armor having no negative effects is dumb. I'm still gonna buy it to play with a couple friends of mine

pirate it, fag

If P3rd had G rank and didn't have charms/talismans sure, it suffers from the same problem all the problems the first release games have without the eventual G release that beefs the roster and adds the missing challenge.
Like portable 3rd is still good (better than shit like Tri, X and XX, especially Tri. Holy fuck despite my hatred over the direction world is taking the series I will never hate a MH game more than I hated Tri.) and imo it's the best entry point in the series; but it still has fluff to it and doesn't have enough content or challenge to show off MH core mechanics at it's finest.

Nah m8 I'm down for anything, I'll set up and post the room after my shift

By the time the PC version rolls around, he'll have already been released on console so I wonder if it'll be an issue at all on PC. I sure hope not anyways.

Is he even being added or is it just like the other games? Where the DLC will just be a quest where you actually hunt him. Instead of him just being in other quests.

We have no idea yet. If he's locked into only the DLC quests and doesn't randomly show up as an invader in other quests once you install the DLC, then they'll have missed one of the huge things that makes him so iconic and unique and they will be showing that they clearly don't understand why people like Deviljho. So for that reason I'm assuming and very strongly hoping they'll actually integrate him into the regular quests once the DLC is released.

I'll take no G-Rank over the hitboxes in Freedom Unite. FU was my first one, and I love Pokke Village more than any other MH town, but playing games after FU has spoiled me on how much better the hitboxes have gotten after it. I still think it's a good core game, easily one of the best, but if you want to just encapsulate the whole MH experience, Portable 3rd has got to be the best bang for your buck.

I'm betting at this point that if MH World doesn't do well (though I think it will) that they'll do a big "going back to the basics" with MH and make MH6 more like pre-4th-gen. Try and get their core audience that has fallen away.

The best way to handle it at this point would be to ship him with the day one update, then start having him show up randomly during other quests a week or more before his actual announced inclusion date. Or make his odds of showing up increase week-by-week until he's at his normal odds.

the only reason to care is if they start adding too much of it

I and at least one other guy just started up new files on 4G recently, so while we won't be able to play with you due to region lock, yeah there's still plenty of people playing the 4th gen games on both sides of the pond, so you shouldn't have problem finding people to play with.

user, you're a fucking monster. How were you raised to be so sadistic?
Anyway I love those ideas so much, it would make the normalfags/newcommers shit their pants and would be like seeing the rare pukei pukei from the first demo all over again.
Too bad it will never happen

That's on par with a dream MMO or some shit on levels of "it's never gonna happen"

I think the new Ghost Recon did that recently with the Predator. I could be wrong though in how it worked. However they turned it on over christmas and he was just in the world during that time.

are you retarded or just baiting

MH4U room get the fuck in here niggas

34-0505-0264-1570
pass 6996

Oh shid it's time!
Gonna finish up this urgent quest im doing wait for me.
Do we use discord to communicate or the in-game touch keyboard thing?

Gotta love them stunlocks. Its 12:00 at night for me, im done for the night. See ya user.

Freedom Unite feels like absolute shit compared to 4th gen. Literally everything about it is a regression in meaningful ways. Climbing is shit, gathering and mining is shit, combining is shit, crafting is shit, attacking feels like absolute shit, the hitboxes are shit, and people who think the "core" of the series is fighting the camera more than the monster can suck a fat throbbing bullfango dick.

Night user, sorry I bailed on ya on the last hunt, my landlords came home after a month long vacation so I had to chat em up for a bit.

no gathering halls show up with that ID.
But this is my first time so it might be me.
I tapped solo/multi, then 'find a gathering hall. That's what one is supposed to do right?

You're too late user, the host shut down the lobby. You can make one next thread if you want, Ill join you then if im actually avaliable.

Well that's a night for me too I guess. I hope that user didn't have too bad a shift.

Shit sorry bro, I waited for a bit but only one other user showed up.

If or anyone else is up for 4G, I'll be free in about 2 hours

Alright, I should be on for about 4 or 5 hours. Opening up a room in 4G. Low Rank, fresh start.

ID: 25-4863-3786-0376
Pass: 3791

Shame it's not 4U otherwise I'd be playing.

Judging from earlier in the thread, there are some other Anons playing 4U, so don't worry, you should be able to find people to hunt with!

3DS ran out of juice while I was doing laundry it seems. If anyone's on in the next hour or so and wants to hunt, just say so and I'll reup the room.

you don't even need to go to 4th gen actually, the 3rd gen already revamped the gameplay greatly from the 2nd gen.
Playing GS or Hammer again in freedom unite is painful.
Sadly i only have FU and p3rd to play, and p3rd is horrendously lacking in content, which is basically the only strong point of FU.

Those are probly just cats wearing some pink shit to protect from crystal dust or some shit.

Are me, I change IPs often.
4U fun time when?

If you want to get to the end of 4U's end game and don't want to do the rajang cancer grind what's stopping me from not min maxing and just using what I want and getting through with skill? I never beat 4U's G rank and am thinking about going back to it.