Persona 5

Got Persona 5 for Christmas.

What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

vk.com/album-57495700_243871470
danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2773349
poal.me/24h0zp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gay emo twinks, edge, fedoras and goth boys.

The kind of faggotry you should be used to

same shit as 3 and 4

Cat Blowjobs

My main problem with p5 was how they jerk you in and out of the first dungeon three or four times before they let you loose in it.

I wanna play jrpgs and SMT seems like a good series. Start from the start?

I love normie tutorials.

Seriously, when will games stop taking us through the 'babbys first rpg' or 'press wasd to move' tutorial every fucking time.

Play Suikoden 2 or any other Suikoden. It's better than this turd.

you are inn for autism.

SMT 3 Nocturne

I'm talking about SMT, not persona. I know there's some connection between the two so I thought I'd ask here.
Suikoden looks nice. Thank you user. IS there any reason I shouldn't start with the first one?

Why is this series so well-received? I'm convinced it is because of ironic weebs, particularly ironic weeb girls signalling their weeb-cred on twitter (same with Love Live and other shitty games).

More relevantly, I don't like Persona games. I've played 2, 3, 4 and 5 and recently I've come to realize that part of the pull (in fact most of it) is the novelty value of the social-sim side of things. The game is actually astonishingly bad in terms of pacing, writing and so on.

Consider how character development works in Persona: It is explicitly gamified, every character's "arc" is broken down into 10 "parts". As a result, it seems dissonant and hard to empathize with, even moreso when you consider the extra-dissonant way in which this optional character arc development meshes with the main quest.

Good JRPGs (older Squaresoft and Enix games) structure character development into the main narrative. Note that the Megaten as a franchise is massively overrated by these same brain dead retards.

I just didn't play it so I don't know. You can carry some characters to 2 with save if not mistaken. What's fun about suikoden that you can collect many characters. I love mini games in 2 like army battles and 1 vs 1 fight.

Fucking samurai kikes at Namco man I will never buy DLC for this game and may drop it once Virtal On comes out. The game is fun and I've gotten good at the game but shit like that really ruins my enjoyment. Like many, I just resorted to playing my own music. Senko no Ronde music goes well with Gundam's combat.

What's wrong with BDSM/degradation and wanting to be called a good girl every now and then?

Brain numbingly boring faggotry, hope you like hearing the start of the same song a billion times and the combat is shallow to boot.

Goons fear the cute waifus

Assuming you aren't a disgusting "trap", it's fine.

But it fits with a certain pattern in that type of girl.

Real talk:
Who here couldn't figure out who the traitor was?
Had to have been the most obvious twist in anime video game history.

Fair enough.

That's another reason I dislike Persona. The setting is boring unless it's your first game and the plots are all scooby-doo tier shit.

You're damn right it's fair lewdposter.

This

The best game of 2017 and dateable christmas cakes.

after the crash when the suits and execs are removed from the equation

Unrelated, but I truly and dearly hate twitter "women" who try to act like oldfags or lurkers. I make sure to tweet at them and make fun of them, but as sure as the sun rises in the morning, white knights come to defend them.
"She's just like me! She's totally a nerd like me! Kawaii!"

Persona 4, only with more teen angst. You probably won’t like any of the characters, unless your a waifufag. I really only liked the sun confidant, Sojiro, and Kawakami. Akechi did nothing wrong, except being a dumbass.

it's good to see Holla Forums is really giving it to those anime pedos and their shit game

Akechi got what he deserved.

Is it murder or suicide?

I boycotted it myself. Last one had customizable soundtrack and local coop. They went full kikes with this one.

Murder, but shido is the one who is guilty

A E S T H E T I C
Amazing music, comfy atmosphere, fun gameplay, cute waifus, cake and a cat who tells you to go to bed way too much. All around it's one of the best JRPGs in recent years.

Yeah it's a big problem that I have with Persona 3-5. I enjoy every Persona game but the start of the newer ones is super slow paced. It takes a few hours just to get going and you're constantly given a small fraction of control just to have it taken away again. Atlus really needs to improve on how they do tutorials.it really kills multiple playthroughs or new game + runs, even with the fast forward buttons it feels to slow.

Let's get this shit started.

A game even easier than Devil Children which is literally SMT but for babbies.

A fairly simple JRPG, with element wheel rock-paper-scissors monster collecting as a focus. Visual novel and stealth elements tacked on. A very simple but adequate plot that occasionally suffers from pacing issues, especially towards the beginning. A crash-course on Jungian psychology, which naturally leads to edge that is mostly, but not entirely, self-aware. One of the most aesthetically stylish games in a long time. A very unique funk, jazz, and rock soundtrack. If you didn't like the last two Personas, you probably won't like this one. If you like anime, especially JoJo, you'll almost certainly love it.

It's fun, but not for everyone/10.

How is it comfy? It's contemporary Tokyo. I don't find huge, cramped cities comfy at all.

Time to roll

I wish that every reply could be as concise and helpful as this. But everyone thinks they either need to be hi-larious, or that their opinions matter.

That's what I get for not reading more Amazon JP reviews. Most bad reviews were just cause they didn't have certain suits at launch. They went full jew mode with this. I can only imagine how bad Idolm@ster has gotten. Earlier games had over 500 dollars worth of DLC.

What was the reason Persona won't come to PC, it was something about a music license or contract with Sony. And why are the mainline games being released on Nintendo hardware, deal as well?

I don't know how you can't be comfy when you're browsing Tokyo, or chilling at the coffee shop in the rain and you have this humming in the background. It's max comfy.

The soundtrack is absolute garbage. FF > Fagaten.

A final boss that doesn't feel like a final boss. I had fun with it but it's highly overrated as many people have already pointed out.

The singer they got for the sound track sounds as though she stuffs her mouth with cotton.

the best game of current_year+2
I remember the persona general threads we had since march. I was in every single one of them but eventually they died. Maybe we can restart our traditions

All Persona soundtracks are like that. Twitter weebs just like it because, again, it allows them to flaunt hipster cred ("Heh, you like those DQ/FF soundtracks? Haven't you even heard of Meguro?").

Ironic weeb hipsterism is a huge cancer that nobody seems to recognize. It's partly why I despise 2hu so much now.

They got a black guy to do P3's vocals. P4's ost wasn't jazzy so they didn't have to force their singer to sing the way she does in P6

Nah p4 is the worst when it comes to the engrish singing, because a lot of the vocal songs in it are popish and very fast paced. The jazz songs in p5 are a bit slower most of the time.

pc version pls

rolling and counter-saging

rollsan

PC beggar race at it again.

gib leanan or kesaran

>>>/cuckchan/

A RIVER IN A DRY LAND

It's getting sad, Connor.

Hello goon.

Why did Atlus make a Pokémon knockoff out of Kill God Simulator?

now thats my kinda deal

r o l l a n

why haven't you smoked yourself already connor?

Hey, at least its not XenobladeX's soundtrack.

To get in on the same audience I assume. The games are actually pretty decent and Atlus kept Lucifer in the games as a friendly NPC somehow.

ill wipe my tears with uncapped framerate, superior ports and vastly superior exclusives

that sounds awful

I also received it for Christmas (the steelbook version even, so now it looks stupid on the shelf) and have played almost 10 hours now. I actually enjoyed Catherine much more than the slog that was Persona 3 and 4, so it's great to see P5 play as smoothly as that did.
The game is incredibly stylish, the music is great as always, and the combat is interesting enough to keep me engaged. The dungeons alone are a massive improvement.

I wish the game didn't take 5 hours to actually get started, but at least the railroading was consistent with what seems to be the game's theme, so I can forgive it, assuming that was intentional.

I can only assume that the sentiments expressed in this thread are a reaction to the kind of people who talk P5, rather than directed against the game itself. Consider if it's worth following all this bullshit if you can't even enjoy a good game without worrying about what some SJWs and soyboys would think.

Don't forget that the Nip audio needs to be downloaded separately.

I played the game twice to face the twins and finish small things I missed the first time around and the railroading between dungeons becomes as evident as it was in 3 and 4. The most egregious ones being when that damn cat tells you to go to bed.

Poorly written barely Interactive shounen with (if 3 and 4 are anything to go by) really awful music.

Suikoden is 100 times worse.

This guy gets it.

Persona 5 is currently on sale on the PS3 market place

Y/N?

All I wanted when I played P3P is to fuck that teacher. I couldn't. What is up with japs and always having the milf character blueball you?

Toriumi>Kawakami

There's like 5 christmas cakes you can romance in this game, including your non slutty homeroom teacher.

Fuck off and kill yourself, retard.

Moon really needed an alternative in P5. Shiho would've been a good choice.

You'll like this one then, get it.

Prepare to hear the phrase
ROTTEN ADULTS
uttered every bloody hour if not more often.

Well, if it’s romanceable aras you want then you’ve come to the right place. There are four, a teacher best girl, a doctor, a fortune teller, and a reporter worst girl

Good joke.

ROLLers

To be fair, the S-Link characters feel a lot more involved with the story compared to the previous games.

I oughta pick this up again for a NG+ run. Maybe I can get it done before the inevitable expansion.

Said by the character who is actually retarded and can’t keep op sec to save their life. Seriously, I know Ryuji is supposed to be your “bro” character. Sort of like Yosuke from 4 or Junpei from 3, but he gets so annoying and is so fucking dumb that it makes you wish that you could erase him from the story.

Just like those other two then.

For me, Yusuke is the true bro character, even if he's got his 'tism moments. The defining moment was when Makoto joined and everyone's fawning over here and basically regressing into full blown retards except Yusuke who just doesn't give a fuck.
Besides, his Digimon is the fuckin' Nameless King.

Incidentally, to the people who got the game recently or are getting it: make sure to max Kawakami's S-Link ASAP. I'm talking top priority here. If you wanna bone her or not that's up to you but the S-Link perks are invaluable (Temperance Personae still suck fat llama dick).

Yusuke's autism shields him from most things, women don't even concern him when he's thinking about what to paint next.

The retarded railroading and the ending completely killed the likelihood of me getting Persona 5, which is a fucking waste because I would have gone after Ann in a heartbeat then Sadayo in another playthrough.

It feels like an episode of Codename Kids Next Door at some points. Couldn't they have found a better phrase than "rotten adults"? It sounds so goddamn awkward.
It's a shame, since I like most of the writing of the rest of the game, but whenever they say the word "adults" with an insulting adjective added to it, it ruins the immersion for me.

Why investigate everything about a game *before* paying it?
How can you enjoy anything that way?

I didn't. My roommate just played it and I got spoiled about the Christmas Cake romance from fucking everyone about Persona 5.

The cake romance was in the trailers.

Eh, it was bearable for me, I barely paid attention to it anyways because I enjoyed the combat so much.
The game does have its good soundtracks though, but obviously nowhere as good as the first XBC, xenogears soundtrack was pretty baller too. I will never touch xenosaga because the characters models creep me out
I dont know about XBC2 nor do i care because the series that I cherished so much got replaced by a shitty generic anime artstyle and story along with a MC whose grating voice and shitty character design makes me want to throw him in a fucking furnace.
I thought XBC would be fucking immune to that garbage but I thought wrong.

(checked)
Persona 6 better make you able to get a demon waifu. Only then I can die in peace.

I've been playing Suikoden 1, it's alright. A little upsetting it railroads you to be a filthy rebel leader but I really shouldn't have expected more. There's an illusion of choice is all I have to say on the matter.

rolling

yeah, pretty much, the kawaii uguu artstyle kinda ruins it for me, even though behind it you can see a solid game.

is completely right, I'd rather take p5's chill af OST over whatever the fuck Sawano craps out.

She was forced to do so though. What makes you stop being as pure and white as a crispy nut busting is not the slut in your pants, but the slut in your heart.

I always loiter around the gun shop for the music.

They should add a mp3 player/jukebox in the expansion, something to let you set the background music. That and turn off the battle theme, most of the time I just want to enjoy the dungeon track.

the contrarianism is real

And all of them put in more effort than the OP

I really wish that you didn’t have to pay money to get alternate battle music. Sometimes I get tired of hearing Last Surprise all the time. I heard some of the dlc costumes give you battle music from the past games, but I don’t feel like paying seven bucks for a small reprieve from the one song.

Holla Forums's always both liked and talked shit about Persona. It happened with Persona 4, and it's happening with Persona 5.
This is nothing new.

CHRISTMAS CAKES

This user gets it

How To Tell A Post is Worthless 101

Also, aside from
CHRISTMAS CAKES
Expect a decent enough game which turns poor and then garbage after the halfway point with a framing device (interrogation) which was clearly inserted into the story much later in development to pull off a twist that makes no sense and utterly breaks immersion.

P5 is fun, mostly, but that's all it is. Don't expect to be challenged like in Persona 2 - you know, the game which P5 aped so hard it started flinging its own feces.
P5 was clearly intended to be an inverted P2 but the devs are so PATHETIC they couldn't actually go through with morally ambiguous societal rebels, instead making
And perhaps the worst crime of all, some abominable blend of Baofu and Nanako which was birthed in a Nickelodeon vat.

Once you realize how LIMP Persona 5 is, and all of that in comparison to the game it very obviously was trying to mirror, you get this metallic iron taste in your mouth whenever you look at it again.
Just realizing that Ann is supposed to be the P5 reflection of Lisa and how UNBELIEVABLY BORING she is in comparison to her counterpart makes me hesitate picking it back up again.

It's almost like hundreds of people are bound to have different opinions about any given thing.

I like Persona 5. It's *fun.*

rollan

It's a dating simulator, why would you want the girls to be non-virgins?

tbh i hate when those japs put pussy blood in eroges, that shit ain't sexy, who the fuck gets turned on by blood?

What did you expect
rolan

sluts get the oven
only_virgin_heroines or bust

inb4 guro dump

Never forget

Roll.

like most shitty weeb games all people talk about is their waifus. Ive seen threads about this game for years but have no idea what the gameplay is like if it even has any.

Turned based RPG with some cool elements but it's mostly a spinoff of SMT.

It's more arousing when you're certain that the person you're having sex with is a virgin.

I can't decide between cucking the cat or banging my teacher.

You're the one sticking out like a sore thumb, newfag. I'm not the one who's trying to fit in.

heh, i like the christmas cake meme.

i am japanese now? i will make a post to my twitter account about how i feel like i'm japanese when i masturbate to le christmas cakes, but it's not inappropriate or creepy, it's ironic xD

Nintendorks were hyping this game thinking it would show up in Wii U or 3DS.
After it was announced for PS3/4, they now don't like it because it wasn't on their shit platforms and starts shitposting Persona threads out of spite.

user, just tell him to fuck off. Don't stoop down to his level and act as retarded as he is.

And that's the problem, that this is probably one of the foremost details drilled into the table at every pre-game Persona meeting in ATLUS
I don't, but you know why I prefer Lisa to Ann? Because as much as I prize virgins (like any real man), I prize character even more, and Ann has 0 character especially in comparison to Lisa.

Think out this for a minute please: at least two different characters - Chie and Ann - have been created from ONE P2 character - Lisa.
Lisa (and the P2 cast as a whole) were more than archetypes overall and that's because when the devs sat down at the pre-game meeting table they weren't foremost focused on making delicious titty-meat. They were foremost concerned with making characters, and each character had some unique traits or quirks which, when taken apart, each could and did produce entire other (flatter) characters.

I'm not saying all the girls have to be like Lisa - I'd prefer they weren't. You can make interesting characters with their own personalities and backstories and traumas to confront without breaking their hymens. Keep them all virgins, but DON'T make them "virgins". Don't make them milquetoast animu girls who are easily summed up in a single blurb without any loss.

You want to make Persona into a dating sim because you like rolling in money? Fine, but make the options available into actual characters at least.
Come to think of it, that was the general consensus in the threads earlier on. Most of the adult confidants would have made far more compelling and interesting playable characters than the Scooby gang we get.

Even Futaba, who is a severe agoraphobic NEET, is just pure anime with nice hair and nice skin and she smells nice and she's quirky. Why not make her more like the awkward and internally spiteful Watamote girl? She doesn't need to be boarderline but she DOES need to MAKE SENSE.

You don't get Nicktoon characters in a world of serial rape and abuse, murder, conspiracy, prostitution, cults and suicide. Even P3 had more sense than that.

But no, wait, we need the Nicktoons not-loli to be quirky and fun because she needs to
HACK ALL THE MAJOR SCREENS IN THE TOKYO METRO AREA
and do so with such "skill" and "hacker tech" she can evade all the police
OH MAN! SO COOL!1!

I just realised that this game has about $60 worth of DLC.
When the fuck did that happen?

You're trying too hard

Persona 5 is a great game that had the misfortune of being popular. Now on one side you have a million normalfags gushing all over it ruining it for all eternity and on the other you have Holla Forums who loved the game to death for its anti-censorship stand on localization when it came out now hating it just to be contrarian. It's a lose-loss situation and the only way to find out is to play it yourself.

You're in for a good ride, m8. Make damn sure you play it with Japanese voices (free DLC) and not the shitty English ones.

Make sure to exploit the Flu Season / Grim Reaper thing if you're able.

Mostly nostalgia bait. Costumes and personas from past games. The important shit like Japanese Audio and Extra Hard difficulty is free.

They do have those (minus the addiction) but unlike with P2 their development is front loaded for the sake of activating their persona. The rest of their development is inconsequential sidestory shit. I'd say all the confidants have better development than any of the player characters if only because they don't rush it and then have the characters linger around at the dead end of their growth.

P2 is a definitely a better constructed game because even when as it follows the same villain of the week format of storytelling each of the characters have more complex backstories and character arcs that progress with the plot and end in satisfying ways.

Good point and much better stated

Why not both?

This has been an issue with Persona since P4 and since that and P5 are wildly successful we can look forward to the future titles following the same format.

Now that I think about it I was a tiny bit unfair to P5 since there is one character that actually develops as the plot progresses. However, it's due her bitch sister being an enemy so she cheats and technically has two character arcs,

The best older women dating sim you'll ever experience

sandwiches > pancakes

cakes > sandwiches > pancackes

so does the game let you fuck the jail lolis because that's the only reason i care at all

no but they're shit anyway

In a game where all of the pistols are just "ultra realistic model" toys and you avoid alcohol and love hotels because "im not old enuff yet"?
I'm shocked they let you flood any wombs at all. You'd half expect a PSA about safe sex to pop up with how infantile so much of this is - and yet other parts being the total opposite, like the teacher and nurse confidants.

Anyway, if you beat the game once you get to have a private session with the lolis.
Don't look it up. Just…let it happen

>letting him go in on NG+ with underlevel personas and allowing him to get raped
Very sneaky, dubsman

Real question tho does the MC canonically fug her?

Yes. It's implied earlier on but heavily on Christmas Eve, to the point where there's no doubt. It's like that for all the girls, though the animation looks really good with her since her whole romance has this "lean on me, lean on you" thing going and outside of hawaii you finally get her to "rely" on you.

See

but seriously, just read a few saccharine fap fics and pretend that’s canon

I fucking love this battle theme, i came here to post it myself but you beat me to it.

This and Blooming Villain were my top favorites.

The question is, who's writing it? Young guys fantasizing about being with an older teacher or older teachers fantasizing about their students?

they like to put them on the most owned systems, but putting games on PC can backfire due to easy unauthorized downloads
also lots already have a basis in some other game when it comes to the 3ds at least
persona q uses etrian odyssey as a base, for example

Have Atlus ever released a game on PC?

To be clear, the user that asked about Persona 5 in another thread a week ago is me. I am not this faggot.

They released a short free simple metroidvania where you play Jack Frost as a promotional game for the Strange Journey remake. I think it was just a prologue though, and that they'll be releasing more parts to it. It was competent, enjoyable, short, and you don't need to know Nipponese to play.

Has a reliable Max social link guide been established yet? It's been over a year now since its release. With Morgana's sleep insistence, I wonder how a max run would look like??

Also, how come drawfags are so slow to make Persona 5 hentai and rule 34? Again, it's been over a year now. This game is extreme waifubait and you'd expect there to be thousands of lewds by now.

I thought maxing out romance characters means you have to bone them?

I love this image.

rollan

Nah nigger. See You're just defending it because it's decent weebshit.

I hope you like getting your dick burnt.

you mean from a fresh new game or what? pretty sure they've had that nailed down from 3 months after the jap release

It's popular, but you can already bone the girls, and I think you tend to get way more r34 of characters you have no way to bone in a game because people want the ones they can't get.

Fun until mikoto, then disappointment.

The gayest Visual Novel disguised as a JRPG. Get your money back.

roll

rillo

Sometimes I wish it wasn't cool to hate games on Holla Forums, that way we might actually be able to discuss a game without kneejerk binary opinions.

Persona 5 is pretty good in its own right. It's not SMT, but you shouldn't play it expecting that.

I also agree that the characters are not as good as those in P2, but the gameplay is far more palatable. People like to complain that modern Persona is too much of a shitty VN, but P2 is the game that would most benefit from all combat being removed.

roll

interesting, how did you reach this conclusion?

P2 has shitty and repetitive combat to the point where the best strategy is to find the most powerful fusion skill and press triangle every battle. P1 has the grid system and p3 has the one more system. P2 is just awful gameplay-wise

speaking as someone who has never played the games, could you describe it with a sort of metaphor? I'm interested in understanding your reasoning.

rolling

Persona 1 is a really good fast food hamburger that you know isnt good for you but really tasty, while persona 2 is a stick of celery. Its better than a hamburger for health, but you have a hard time eating it.

This may come as a surprise but Japan considers murder and violence to be a bigger problem than sex, and they tone things down accordingly.

I couldn't finish the game because that blonde haired blue eyed chick was so fucking hot that I had to fap every 10 minutes.

Max social links in P5 is relatively simple as long as you don't waste too much time (don't go to the dungeon too often, ignore your friends' whining), and if you level up the fortuneteller chick as soon as possible, since she can boost your affinity with almost any social link without using up a time slot.

Go to bed, Morgana.

Yeah, there's a perfect run guide on Gfuqs

No, the game gives you a choice to friendzone them and if you're already in a relationship, it reminds you of that.

Problem with the S-Links is having the required attributes by the time they're available or, in time, to finish them before the last day (Dec 21 IIRC). Didn't get Haru past R3 because of that. First run left Haru, Get Smoked! and gun guy undone and was lucky to finish Makoto on the very last day.
In any case, they need to revise the S-Links and attribute gains because as is you get some retarded shit like needing max Knowledge to proceed with Larry's S-Link that, in turn, keeps giving Knowledge points.

Same and I have been loving it. My big complaint is that when they rip you away from the days and on a set path its really forced so if I rent a DVD then cant leave my house for 7 days for no reason it makes me feel like the idiot,

I was sloppy as hell my first run through. I didn’t even know the sun arcana existed until I lent the game to a friend and he was saying how easy getting persona’s was thanks to sun. he used the IGN guide like a fucking casual, I might have missed it but I did so with dignity

As expected from a subhuman.

I've always regarded max social links to be something for NG+. It's possible to do on a first playthrough, but not practical without a day-to-day guide. P3 in particular gives you basically no wriggle room.

Getting stuck on an Airlock puzzle and never finishing the fucking game, that's what.

Another thing they need to add is some time management concessions, like being able to return a DVD without it taking time. It's really stupid you can't do something like that when you're "mission" is talking to random NPCs in that same street.
Likewise, I can accept locking away S-Links in certain points but at least let the player do something else during those days you do nothing but have literal 5 minute meetings.
Fuck October. It's practically a freakin' cutscene.

First run is meant to just enjoy the ride. Min-max autismo comes later.
I kinda spoiled mine by taking advantage of the flu season for XP grind because I wanted to make some Personae. Last two dungeons I just one-shot the shadows with the mask tear stealth kill.

I read P3 was very severe about it while P4 was very lenient. Didn't help me much though; even in NG+, best I could was end P4 with one S-Link undone (Temperance).

Gods damn it, why does that bitch loli that doesn't stop treating the character like criminal trash actually stir something?

LOL

Exact dialogue?

the HOLY GRAIL of jrpgs

Is that the same author that made this comic?

Here.

She's voiced by Faye Valentine.
You get to have a Servant Teacher waifu voiced by Faye Valentine.
That's enough for me to watch on youtube because I will NEVER switch back to English after getting that juicy NipDub

Anyone have that pic of Sadayo essentially asking to get married by implying that the protag should get his own apartment and she'd "do all the chores"?

But she's not as seductive in the Jap version. Actually she's incredibly embarrassed and easily flustered. It's cuter.

No, she's voiced by Yukari, look it up.

I did.
I now have no regrets not touching the English cast
…Makoto/A2 was fun, though.

I'm sorry for ruining your day, the english dub is still good tho imo.

I don't mind as long as the VA aren't spoiled, pretentious anti-sex retards.

Ryuji and Ann don't sound like shit to me and they do a solid job emoting genuine anger. And thank you.

roll

Well, you do fight it.

Nope. It's by Rafchu.

Does she fuck up the group dynamics or something? It's kinda weird she gets a motorbike persona instead of say, a persona with a motorbike.

(Checked)
Fugg off.

How did that get started anyways? I thuoght for the longest time I was gonna fug a qt teacher maid with Faye's voice.

Because you are trash. I like the nicer sadistic loli more.
Agressive sadist loli is nice too though.

She's meant to be the group's strategist and once she joins, everyone (but Yusuke) devolves into a drooling retard, practically admitting they were just winging it until then and constantly fawning over how smart she is.
They made her look valuable by making everyone else look dumber.

Everyone's fucking retarded though, her included. For a moment, I thought she brought some sense to the group when she brought up their phones as a security risk. Instead, she said people might be able to get info on their activities thought the magical fucking app that probably doesn't have any way of accessing it's data from outside the phone. Then things continue as normal as everyone keeps talking about highly sensitve information through fucking instant messenger without a second thought.

Joker seems to continue being stoic and quiet so far. Ann and Ryuji are retard though. They're the ones who got caught in the first place. I keep thinking of Death Note. I know Light was suppose to be a "genius" and all, but many of the precautions he takes would be fucking common sense, even to kids their age.

I wonder if that Shogi girl was meant to be the strategist of the group before she was written out of the main group, I never saw Makoto as the tactical type.

She's seems pretty stupid. Just walking up to random Yakuza on the street and asking to see their boss. And the dumbasses actually did it rather than simply disposing of her after raping her.

Rollin

Pretty much this.

The bald guy that gives you shit in the beginning is the antagonist. Igor is fake, and is also the last boss.

Japanese Ron Weasley would have been a lot better if there wasn't such a disconnect between how he acts when you hang out with him versus how he is in the rest of the game.

Likely given her ability adds battle tactics while Makoto is a shittier Futaba.

Not rape her AND make her shoot porn and then use that to blackmail her sister into doing the same thing.
Get a load a' this amateur!

I maintain story Ryuuji is Shadow Ryuuji and S-Link Ryuuji is the real one.

And it's also complete bullshit that the best weapon in game is only assigned to her, and not the protag. The devs really like the hamfist her in the game.

I always tried to pick the option that doesn't make Joker look like a drooling idiot that praises Makoto like the rest.

She was suppose to be a member into the group, but the devs scrapped that idea and made her into a confidant instead. To be honest, she would have been a more interesting character in the group seeing how interesting her background and dilemma is instead of the student council student whose related to the persecutor.

What a newfag, persona 4 was fucking hated here, and this is coming from a newfag April 2015

Is Adachi the killer in this one too?

What's the minimum spec to emulate this shit? My >laptop can't fucking run it and I don't want to buy nogamestation 4.

lurk more.

is Persona 4:Golden any good if the anime school setting and teenage life simulator aspects turn you off?

some of it looks cool but I really get annoyed by the setting

The anime school setting and life sim are the bulk of it. The dungeons are really repetitive and not worth it for that aspect.

Not really, and if you're not into the anime school setting and life simulator aspects, you're definitely not going to enjoy the fact that the game will jam pic related into your throat.

shit?

Yes.

No fucking idea how it got started.

You just reminded me of Rin.

No, Golden adds more of both of those to the base game.

Just hope you're not a Risefag.

Any idea why Persona 5 gets hailed as "one of the best JRPG's in years" even though it's mediocre as fuck for an RPG? For example, in Takemi's storyline you make an abusive doctor confess his crimes, whose been stirring shit up at the biggest hospital in Tokyo, which gets national news coverage. Narratively speaking, this is huge for the Phantom Thieves and you think it would have been brought up by Sae during the MC's interrogation. But this doesn't happen because for the main plot to work the only change of hearts that actually matter are the ones in the main story. It's really jarring to me, that in a game about rebelling and breaking away from the conformity of society, the game doesn't even try to give you an inch when it comes to respecting confidant subplots or your own choices. It's maddening, because the narrative in this game is so stiff and linear it completely mirrors the experience of playing the game; being stuck on the fucking railroad.
You ever wonder why the game even gives you dialog options at all when they don't even matter 99% of the time? I do, constantly, when playing Persona 5. When my options to "What do you think of X, user-kun?" are "Eh…" and "I don't care about that.", I can't help but mash confirm so I can get on with the game. This isn't as bad when doing confidant ranks, as you at least are motivated to pick the right option, but it's just abysmal in any story-related scene. When the game does give you an option between two vastly different answers, your party members will often chime in and set to story straight if you picked wrong. See any conversation with your group and Akechi; the game is so hell bent on setting him up as the obvious traitor/antagonist that any amiable response the MC gives him is followed with "Why are you being nice to him?", and your party continues to be fucking stupid.
Why doesn't Mementos tie into the main plot gameplay-wise? Why doesn't the PhanSite meter thing change when you complete Mementos requests? Why is the social stat system not utilized in a more impressive way, like having more charm aids in talking to shadows (why is the second response the only one that matters?), or more guts gives you more resistance to status ailments or something? Why do all the that happen in confidant ranks seem to happen in their own little bubbles, and don't even slightly change anything in the main story? The answer is that:Atlus didn't want to put in the work and we're left with a game about "freedom and breaking away from conformity" that sticks to the safest, most linear RPG formula possible in regards to it's gameplay and narrative.

I still had fun with P5 and I think it's a decent game overall. I liked most of the confidants, the battle system got a few nice upgrades (recruiting shadows, money extortion, the use of guns if you get the right confidant skills), and the overall aesthetic and style is great. However, it's just not a good RPG.

Hot Topic the game.

No. I hated everything about that game. I'm gameplay first person but everything sucked in that game. I mainly play jap games too.

I suppose you mean the requests because the place does tie in. Tremendously so even.
Anyway, while I do agree there should be more involvement from the MC's part and that the side stories should impact the main story more noticeably but, compared to previous games, this MC does feel like he's got more personality or even sass than previous ones and the confidantes feel far more involved than past S-Links that only popped up for you to Spirit Bomb the final boss. Maybe by P8 they'll do it right and proper.

A smaller thing (thus easier to mend) I've qualms with was Shido severely lacking in characterization. They should have elaborated on his objectives and policies to get the player's noggin doing a little joggin'. He could still be a unapologetic asshole on a power trip resorting to questionable methods; neither of those things are irreconcilable with reasonable goals. There's a short scene where he's talking with Akechi about wanting to bring some real change to the country but it's very underdeveloped.

A pretty decent RPG with schedule management on the side.

You're sure as hell not going to max every Link first playthrough, so just stick with who you want and prioritize skill building events for the next if you want to do a full run next go.

I respect the shit out of whatever team made that lion model, doing that shit is complex as fuck.

smh

Kaneko's the master but gotta give Soejima some credit for his monster designs. And yeah, the modelers do a great job translating that into 3D.

In any case, I'll be pretty cross if Shido (both versions) and Leviathan aren't playable in the inevitable FG adaptation.

Bailey was still Rise in Golden. They didn't burtch her until the other fighting game and dancing

No because I've actually played visual novels where you get tons of choices and each one has some effect on the story's progression and it sucks because you can't play the game as though YOU are the protagonist - you constantly are checking in your head "Will this dialogue choice screw me over later?"

RPGs like Growlanser and Persona (it hurts to put them together like that since Growlanser is so astronomically superior, like Suikoden) have dialogue choices which either only effect the immediate scene or a character's impression of you because that's not only closer to real life, where petting a dog won't domino into some nuclear holocaust ending, but it gives the player more freedom to role play. Yeah, plenty of inconsequential dialogue in nuPersona since most of it outside S-Links doesn't even effect the characters' impressions of you, but ultimately it's nice to be given the chance to be snarky, insightful or bully at points. You get the feeling you can actually speak.

Mind you, P5 is the worst at this since they gave the player character an internal monologue which thus separates him from the player. Commonly the protagonist would gesture their hand and the other character would sum-up what essential plot thing the MC had to say in order to avoid making the player select a one-and-only dialogue choice (that's really common in Freedom Wars, God Eater, etc). Otherwise it would be like P3 and 4 where the third person narration would describe it at a distance. Putting a voice in the MC's head immediately remove the symbiotic nature of Player-PC. You are no longer the PC's mind and thus the PC himself - you're more like some phantom that hopped inside him and puppets him about.
The more personality you give a PC the worse it gets because of this break in immersion yet having no personality at all leaves you playing a brick. The best balance can be seen in Growlanser or even something like Persona 2.

tl;dr If you want a game where every single dialogue option matters to the story itself rather than the experience of the story then you're being ridiculous or you just want a game with very few dialogue options.

All that being said, you have a good point with Takemi's story and the PhanSite nonsense. Also
The worst thing is the eschewing of the whole moral ambiguity to make a Scooby romp through the collective unconscious of Tokyo in order to fight a muscle man with worse characterization than a Bond villain. I HATE how safe and tidy this game's plot and characters are in light of the fact that it's obviously meant to be an inverted Persona 2 from head-to-toe

But it's got some fun moments, Makoto and Ann are sorta fun despite being largely forgotten about early on and the Cakes are good. First JRPG since the classics to give us something other than bland teen and bland loli. Also the twin lolis were alright. Everything is overproduced but it's fine. P5 is fine.

One day I hope to be as great or greater an artist then they are.

Right. It was Chie and Teddie that got changed from P4G onward then Kanji later on.

Played college kemari, you know?
I hope they mend it in the expansion, make the whole thing a clash of two sides fighting to enact changes. Again, I don't mind if he stays a power-hungry asshole just as long as his objectives/views are properly explained.

Study the basics and persevere.

If you liked the past two games you'll have a blast with this one.

If this is your first, it's going to be a bit much at first. There's dungeon crawling with some stealth elements, a turn based combat system, and you can acquire, summon and fuse demons and shit. It's pretty fun and I'd highly recommend it. The gameplay is easily the best in the Persona series. I will say that honestly the first two "dungeons" (they're called Palaces) in the game are by far the best, especially the bosses at the end. As you get further into the game the bosses become less interesting (more "hur just deal damage and don't die" rather than actual strategy) and eventually you get strong enough that you can easily cheese your way through the game. So it's kind of unfortunate that they put the bosses with interesting mechanics that require actual strategy in the beginning when you're not as OP yet. It's still a fun game though, and I guess if you don't grind at all it might remain somewhat challenging throughout.

Most of the story is in the form of a visual novel. It's pretty good in some parts, but there are some pacing issues here and there and the whole "plot-twist" thing is honestly a total trainwreck, but it doesn't really ruin the story. I liked the overall theme. To summarize the theme is freedom (especially of the heart and mind) and to follow your ambition and to create your own definition of "justice". The story doesn't tell you what you should do, or what is "right", it tells you that you should figure that out for yourself. HOWEVER it does go so far as to tell you what not to do. It does this by having each of the seven antagonists represent one of the seven deadly sins, which you're supposed to learn to abhor and therefore avoid. There's also a lot of shit about being selfless, being honest, learning to check your own ambition, and fighting corruption which is another thing very central to the story.

Some of the dialogue is poorly translated and cringey, but oh well–it's mostly good. The story and characters are really "anime", though. If that's a problem for you return the game, or give it a chance and try to overlook that fact.

I also really liked most of the characters. You get to know the main characters throughout the course of the main story, but you also get to know them and other side characters through what are basically side story VNs that you play/read over time, and you get to pick and choose who you spend time with. Every "Confidant" offers gameplay benefits as you advance your relationship, in the form of both special perks and the ability to make Personas of that Confidant's "Arcana" (some occult Tarot shit) stronger. Some Confidants are better than others and more worth your time, honestly. The Temperance and Wheel of Fortunre links should be your top priority because they will give you powerful perks that will save you having to spend timeframes doing certain things, which is precious because you only get so much time to do what you need. Some Confidants are entirely worthless and should be saved for last, or skipped if you run out of time entirely (Ohya's perks are actually worthless, this isn't an opinion either, there is NO reason to level her Confidant-link unless you're trying to fuck her).

Some of the side characters are great (Takemi comes to mind as one I'd highly recommend simply because she's amazing), but some are borderline retarded (Ohya)–OR they were good characters that just got bad stories (Makoto comes to mind). You can bang most of the girls, if that matters to you (I know it does you can admit it, it's okay). You can even bang most of the older girls. Takemi is best girl. Kawakami is maybe a close second.

I'd personally rate it 8.5/10, I had a great time with it. A more objective rating would be "funbutnotforeveryone/10".

The English voice acting was fucking great what are you on about?

yeah, I usually go for the Jap voices right away, but the dub was pretty good in this game.

The dub is decent if you can't handle moonspeak. Though some of the voices don't match the character, and there is that one slip-up in pronouncing ryuji's last name. Really wish you can mute the characters when you're fighting. It's extremely jarring that teammates like Makoto backseat the player every time you use scan, land an attack, or on the verge of dying.

BONA FIDE MONAFIED

Because JRPG's have been sub-mediocre for years. There hasn't been much improvement to the formula in ages (in particular to the turn based combat genre). So when something mediocre comes out in a sea of sub-mediocrity, it gets hailed as one of the best JRPGs in years.

I feel like development of the game started getting rushed around the Haru story arc. I can't help but feel that the confidants were supposed to play a bigger role in the story given their places in society. Like instead of Futaba pulling a Deus Ex Machina to send a letter to Shido, the Phantom Thieves were going to use the confidants and the information gained inside his head to brew up a massive scandal/smear campaign to throw doubt into his victory.

I will never be able to tolerate the use of Japanese honourifics in the English VA. The translators cleaned up most of them this time, but the odd kun or san does slip through. P4 was an absolute nightmare.

Translate them, you fucking hacks, that's your job. How is it acceptable to leave in words from the original language in a translation?

This. The voice acting wasn't bad, but it's cringy as fuck to hear nip honorifics in English.

Why worry about unauthorized downloads anymore. Switch is already cracked. Specter is going to let us crack the others sooner than normal.

Psersona 3 tried to implement a system where social links could be “failed” if you neglected advancing one for too long. It was met with unfavorable feedback, so they dialed it back in four and entirely got rid of it in five.

rolling

roll

Yeah, I was referring to the quests. The quests and the confidants feel like they're happening in some parallel universe or some shit; completely disjointed from the main story until the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP bit at the end. The requests would have been a really easy fix if:
1. The phansite meter moves when you complete a request
2. You get an interrogation cutscene with Sae when you complete a request, all it would need to be is a few lines from Sae like "You were behind this change of heart too?!"
Maybe I'm autistic or something, but those two small fixes would have made a world of difference of tying the requests in with the main plot. As far as confidants go, they're mostly fine; although as others have mentioned Ryuji's confidant shit is really bad.

He definitely does, but that causes problems like mentions. Personally I feel like they should have done something similar to Baten Kaitos, where the player is simply a disembodied voice that can talk to the protagonist from time to time. Then they could have gave the MC a full personality if they wanted to, instead of the half-player half-brick zombie MC in P5.

I think that might be one of my biggest gripes with the game. There are just tons and tons of dialogue choices and none of it matters. You could play the game flip-flopping from quirky answer, to dumb answer, to the actually smart answer and it wouldn't matter to the characters at all. There's a part during the school trip where Ann asks you what kind of girl you prefer; wouldn't it be amazing if that actually came up again at all? Maybe there would be a small skit later in the game where Ann mentions she saw you with so-and-so and she says something like "Oh, I thought you liked x kind of girls." That's a meaningful dialogue choice in my book. Your character gives an answer, and you might see that answer pop up again in some way. But no, most choices are "Yeah", "Ok", and "Maybe" and will never amount to anything. I just don't understand how an rpg can get away with sloppy writing like this. And I think you're right; most of this problem stems from the protagonist being stuck in limbo between his own character and a player avatar.

Never played Growlanser or Suikoden, but I've heard they're pretty good. It'd be nice to play an rpg with meaningful dialogue options.

Roll

I can tolerate that because it's obvious they're trying to be respectful of the culture even if it sounds awkward.

I see you like the same girl

Please dump your folder or at least tell me where to find more. Are you the same guy I met on our persona generals. You were always a cool guy and I see only cool guys can appreciate best girl

Yeah, I was a regular at those. I guess the autistically organized files were my giveaway.
東郷 一二三 on Pixiv or Twitter if you're feeling venturous.
Spriters Resource for in-game assets.
And the artbook - vk.com/album-57495700_243871470

And that's a wrap. I'd say I wish there were more but all things considered the confidantes in this game got more attention from artfags than any S-Link in the previous games ever did.

P2 may have had shitty combat that took a million years to get through but there was love in it and that made it tolerable.

Gaea was my favorite purse owner next to Charon.

simply beautiful
thank you brother

NO MARIE, NO BUY

It's not fair, she barely has any more artwork the Ohya, and she's garbage tier.

Chie's not in it, but I bought it anyway.

forgot pic

Even ironically this retarded shit needs to be purged.

Chihaya was honestly my Nr. 2
She was so cute and naive it hurt me. Especially when I rejected her offer of dating her.

This one is for you

The best girls keep getting neglected. :^)

tfw no niijima sandwich

don't rape me Mr. Libido

Have some balm for your quasi-quad dubs. And that image gave me a good chuckle.

Son of a bitch, my dick.

There's no room for interpretation here. Hope she can be convinced to sexily join in from the heat of the moment or your sisterly bond is fucked.

Joker can convince Satan to become his stand, I think using his powers of persuasion to swing an incestuous three way is child's play for him, especially with maxed out Sun arcana

I dunno. He caught his teacher in a extremely delicate situation and immediately folded the moment she offered "slacking off in her class". I mean, all he had to do was take a picture with his phone. What a dumbass.
Not to mention that when it comes to her services, she asks him beforehand to clean his room (her job), gets there and does nothing and leaves earlier. The way Kawakami goes from a full blown sexual jew to someone who genuinely cares for the MC is pretty interesting and very rare in the series since there tends to be little reciprocity in these scenarios.

It's pretty interesting that you waifu a escort tbh

I wish so fucking much I could find blackmail where the guy just want to fulfill his impossible fantasies of getting the perfect angel girl or mature teacher he wants for more than sex and basically corrupts them over time into becoming a lewd as fuck waifu instead of a mind broken slave.

Thats not how blackmail works, nor mind breaking. Stoo being a pleb.
Accept vanilla as the True Patrician Fetish

half waifu sim half gotta catch em all jrpg
top tier music, art and presentation
cheeeeeeeeze writting especially at the end but still enjoyable
likable cast even if cartoony
and a shitmetricfuckton of pic related

The shit taste faggots almost always take the route of "have an opportunity to make sure they'll always fuck me when I want" by using anything to turn them into a slut, which I do my best to avoid because it's unsatisfying and literally feels like forced shit.

I want vanilla where the girl redeems a guy who might not even be after her who gives nice rough dickings from being a former stereotypical rapist or a demon. Regular vanilla gets boring after a while if there's no real catharsis for any of the characters fucking.

Sounds like youve got personal demons to sort out. Get your shit together, user, it's 2018.
:^)

Roll

That only really applies to 4

You gotta show that little bastard who's boss.

Max out temperance and have your teacher give you sensual massages, giving you the energy to tell the cat to fuck off.

Or romance Anne and NTR the cat.

Besides I think the idea of having a friendly cat you can bro it up with in a game is a top-notch idea.

Definitely like the cat more than Teddie.
t. Yosuke

And that comic reminds me of - danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2773349 (linking because of the translation)

You've still got shit taste, but I do like the idea of a "bad guy" who is emotionless and cold being redeemed and turning pure by a sweet and pure girl with a heart of gold, birthing a love purer than anything else. If you've ever played FE7, nino and jaffar do this quite well.
Anyone got other examples?

rollan

standard elf slut ill take it

keep telling yourself that

Too bad the cat was a complete jackass in the later half of the game, and antagonizes for Ryuji even when he comes back after you defeat the final boss.

True, and at least the cat doesn't pull a fast one in the Summer festival.

I haven't actually played it I've just seen the fanart and love the idea. Do you need to play previous games to play 5?

Aside from little references here and there, it's safe to play 5 without playing the previous games.

Also, it sounds suspiciously like the PSP version of Persona 3 with Shinji and a female protag now I think about it

Sadayo a best, but Ann is sweetest for NTR

>tfw you could fulfill her dream even after she's dead, but you probably won't because you like another girl more
>tfw she is lonely even in her death

wait what?

Copy-pastes:
Chihaya's Japanese voice actress, Miyu Matsuki, died of malignant lymphoma on 27 October 2015 at the age of 38. Although not officially confirmed by her agency, Persona 5 is generally believed to be her last professional performance, at least in the video game category.

Kaneshiro's Japanese voice actor, Kazunari Tanaka, is the second voice talent who died of sickness around the initial release date of the game. The first is Chihaya Mifune's voice actress, Miyu Matsuki. Atlus Japan's Persona announcement Twitter account issued a eulogy to Tanaka's sudden death at the age of 49 on 11 October 2016.

It still hurts.

Chihaya’s JP VA died just after finishing her work on P5 due to illness. before she got the chance to fall in love and get married

That sucks

Why do retards make these shit threads? Why don't they just play the game? It's like they're afraid they might end up forming their own opinion on something so they beg other people to tell them what to think before they even get the chance.

Hey, I know that this is a Persona 5 thread and all, but I have an urgent question regarding Persona 4 on PS2.
I just fused a Trumpeter today with the following skills and stats:
Debilitate, Heat Riser, Megidolaon, Spell Master, Absorb Physical, Absorb Fire, Absorb Wind, Marakukaja
[I actually managed to get the 6 skills I wanted for this Trumpeter's skillset. It didn't matter to me what the 7th and 8th skills were, so the Megidolaon & Marakukaja are unimportant in my opinion.]
St: 42
Ma: 52
En: 41
Ag: 50
Lu: 41
Current level - 73

I fused him to null all attacks except Amighty attacks, but also to cut the high SP costs of Debilitate & Heat Riser (60 SP if used together) down to 30 SP via Spell Master. I made him this way to compliment the null all Yoshitsune I'll be using to take down Margaret later on.

All I have is a question on Debilitate's accuracy against Margaret.
Trumpeter's defenses (En: 41) and hit/accuracy/speed (Ag: 50) are both pretty low. But because he's still a persona that's at level 73, I can still allocate 78 more stat points (26 levels until I reach level 99. You get 3 stat points for each time you Level up. 26 x 3 = 78 stat points) with a little save scumming.

Will Debilitate miss a lot on Margaret if your persona's Ag (accuracy/speed) isn't high enough? Or should I focus more on distributing to Trumpeter's En (defenses) to deal with her Almighty attacks better? I'll have the Divine Pillar accessory (which halves all enemy attacks, including Almighty) equipped for this fight, in case you're wondering.

I can always hunt for random Arcana Chance cards to raise my Trumpeter's stats, but with the 78 free points that leveling up can give you, I wanted to know which stat is more important against Margaret.

Trumpeter's (Ag) or (En)
I plan on giving one stat about 50ish points and distributing the remaining 25ish leftover points to the stat I didn't choose.

I want the important stats sufficiently buffed up first and foremost. Then I'll go farming for Arcana Chance cards or whatever afterwards.

I will never have shit taste.

roru

poal.me/24h0zp

any information on the extra content/special version yet? or do we have to wait until they release and get tired of the retarded fucking dancing game?

Which one has the largest bust?

Wow, it's like you hated the GOTY that was P4D featuring Hatsune Miku or something.

Honestly though, is Tatami Universe cool or what? Thought the poster looked awesome so I'm downloading it now. Am I gonna regret this?

It's about a guy who goes to college and joins clubs in order to get a, "rose-tinted school life" he then fucks up and time reverses so he can try again. The visuals are strange and if you don't know japanese you better be a fast reader because they talk quickly at times.

I'm mostly interested in the visuals, it's what usually gets me. But it would be nice if the story had some substance as well. Your description makes it seem like it could be anything.

The visuals distract you from what is a basic coming-of-age story. Tatami galaxy gets called pretentious by some people for that reason since the story can come off as trying to be more unique than it is.

Ah, ok, I can get with that. I was asking more in case someone would say it was unbearable or incredibly stupid. If it's just not that awesome I won't regret my curiosity too much. Thanks for responding.

I think the inevitable FG will use these very same models. They practically match the artwork in terms of proportion and can have all the minute details the sprites tend to overlook.

I think I got chihaya to rank 9 or so and it really broke my heart when I rejected her offer for dating her. She was so cute and adorable.