Why did people stop playing this?

why did people stop playing this?

Because people never started playing this. Isn't it still early access?

its a mystery.

oh it still is but the game is very much playable and when the devs came here we had afew threads about it I suggested they add mechs and they did

Wasn't there a mod for Homeworld 2 with that name? Is this related?

They never started?

it was a mod for unreal which became it's own thing

I'm more curious how I missed it when it still a mod. I may have written it off as nothing but bullshots at a point. I do vaguely recall the Planetstorm subtitle and that is about it. There's also the problem that UT3 modding was kind of DOA, and most things just ended up becoming video games instead.

yes, there was a homeworld 2 mod in the same universe

Because early access mutliplayer games are a really bad idea? By the time this thing gets released the small amount of people who cared about it in the first place will have completely forgotten about it and lost interest. I was interested in this for a long time but I was never about to pay 15 dollars for a multiplayer game with absolutely no one playing. Reminds me alot of pic related.

That's a good point, that sort of release hardly even worked for multiplayer mods. It's kind of a fluke what sticks and works well enough from the get go, no matter the actual quality of the thing it becomes. While I'm on the topic, have some vaporware.

It had performance issues when it launched so it never retained a self-sustaining player base.

I tried it at early access launch and its got a lot of stuff I like it just didn't run very well. As far as I've heard its coming along well but it doesn't have a following yet. They might have better luck if they relaunched the game when they've got a more polished product.

It performed like shit, was clunky as shit, and the ground combat was boring as shit
The ground missions didn't even include ships at all because they couldn't get it to work, and those are ostensibly the main point and primary hook of the game
Add to that the game being in early access, and the few people this actually appealed to would obviously jump ship and wait for greener pastures to come to them before eventually forgetting about it

It's a shame, too, 2142's titan mode was the shit, and combining it with battlefront 2's space combat was genius

*unless your game becomes a streamer meme game
Then no matter how buggy or lacking in content your game is, you can just push out one moderately sized update and call it "1.0", then sit back and rake in the profits

Shit.

it was supposed to be good with space sharks

Why do you fucking think OP?
Game may have been fun but it was too buggy and unpolished. It was a shame cause anons had a lot of fun. Remove League. Sieg Antares

Hell Week pretty much finished that game and killed it off for good.

wew

More like they mismanaged their funds a small group of autist bastards were giving them and ony tried to find a publisher at the very end in desperation.

Still waiting for the full release

Its a multiplayer first person shooter, why would anyone play it?

It has bots

They are still working in it. It just git sone new maps and had a new ui a while back. I hop on it here and there.

remember whe this game was about SHARKS WITH LEGS? Then they made those shitty robots to test gameplay and stuck with them because creating more enemies was too much work.

Nah it was about trying to emulate that (((youtuber))) bait cause that was getting popular and the devs wanted a slice of the pie, then failed. Also I think they did fake videos of (((youtubers))) playing their game.

Before kikestarter was a thing I put $40 down on this piece of shit hoping for the best. They actually seemed to have a decent foundation 6 years ago but fuck me the devs were beyond retarded. It was sold as a PvE game with players against walking sharks, mechs and NPC marines. As time went on they released a bunch of practice areas for players; a shooting gallery (bullseye), having robots run at you (running man) and a showcase gallery that showed the models of the marines, land shark and mech.

Then in 2011 they released deadlock their PvP mode , it was (is as the game has barely changed) fucking garbage. It's call of duty but with an infinite ammo singular gun, there no tactics it's literally see first get kill as a single headshot kills a player. The way accuracy in the guns are coded it's always better to crouch/stand still and shoot than strafe (goodbye movement skillset).

2012 has its kikestarterfail, 2013 it releases into early access on steam but only with the deadlock mode which has barely changed since 2 years prior. While still in early access offering $40 in 2014 for the "full" game, they put it into an indiegala bundle meaning for $5 you get the "full" game and an extra standard edition key. This promptly pissed people off as paying 1/8 the price of what early adopters paid while getting more from it was not a good decision.

From then on they kept focusing on their extremely shit PvP mode which only the most deluded and retarded autists would play. Not only that but they diverted more attention to shitty extras like minor environment detail, having the marine visor go up and down which changes the hud and other retarded shit that should be the final polish you add and not your main focus. Finally realising that people actually wanted a PvE game, they worked on and released a bunch of really shitty and rushed levels. The levels were extremely poorly designed and the ONLY enemy you faced were the recycled training bots from running man which either had guns or ran at you and attacked you in melee.

It was too little, too late with the shitty campaigns as most players forgot about the game and wrote it off as a bad purchase. To this day the game still hasn't been able to link website accounts with steam accounts as bullseye and running man gave you XP so the accounts should have been link and it was a "promised feature". With money running out they kept letting people go, they tried to secure a publisher for more funding. They couldn't get any publisher to back them as everyone knows this is a failed game.

InterstallarMarines.com
Is their website and it's been dead for months, they can't even afford to host a website. The game was coded in Unity, that should be enough said. They never bothered updating the bullseye and running man on the website so using an old unsupported version of web browser unity was a pain.

TL;DR

The REAL fucking joke of this, despite the land sharks (main selling point) AND mechs being fully modeled in 2010, NEITHER have been added to the game.

Oh and the main person bankrolling the game in the early 2010's was one of the developer's rich uncle which he undoubtedly lost a large amount of money from (read millions).

Holy shit you're right, I never knew that. That added a bunch of youtuber reactions to the top left corner of the screen (stolen from other videos) so it looks like they were playing IM. The sharks weren't youtube bait as they were conceived before youtube bait was a thing.

Yeah this is the kind of game that I just boot up whenever I have that Battlefront itch. Not something that you play every day.

EARLY ACCESS and all the issues that come with it.

This is the only reason I still play it occasionally. Honestly just waiting for it to be finished at this point before giving it another go.

It is good fun though. I wish it had more fagd playing it. They are trying to polish it some more and then do some free weekends and what not.
I love the space combat, and piloting a frigate or destroyer is amazing, especially the beam ones.

Yeah I only play space maps. There's a lot more variety to the gameplay.
It seems like they are testing planet to space maps with the new space-arcology map.

I remember playing that when it was a mod for Unreal 3 but I think it used to have another name back then.

What a trainwreck
Almost though about Spearheas backing in 2012.
Good thing I stayed the fuck away.

I have a lot of respect for the devs trying to make a successor to Battlefront, but the game was a mess in Early Access, and kinda sad that twitch shit fest like PUBG is getting more attention, sign of the times.

I think the devs just wanted to push it out into the open and see how it went, they were working on it for years in their spare time. Last time I played they actually hopped on the server to see how the bots played, and then proceeded to steam roll my team with a tank.
Once they get a bit closer to what they considered finished I would like to see them try to advertise it again.
Even I would do it for free

wew

Why did you start shilling this?

played it again recently and it was much better then once it was tbh