Senran Kagura

I recently picked up a copy of Senran Kagura Estival Versus, mainly because I remembered all the threads we used to have about SK that I never really participated in because I was too busy wanking it in the DoA threads at the time so I wanted to see what the hype was about, but also I wanted some good ecchi shit
But playing through EV I thought I was going to get a good beat'em up going by the reviews. But actually playing it the combat its limited and clunky.
Is this one of those games/series where I need to but more time into for it to get better or did I just fall for a shallow fanservice game.

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/975837/5afc889989/
exhentai.org/g/1011076/f6627dd505/
exhentai.org/g/969034/98d348ff63/
exhentai.org/g/931625/f233659326/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Think of senran kagura as a comedy anime with suprisingly grim moments that you can play. And as low budget franchises go it's not the most clunky there is.

It has tits and ass but it isn't much of a game on a technical level. It has its appeal to a certain customer base.

Try Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed if you want something with a bit of a better combat system and comedy of a similar vein.

I asked that question in several threads when the game first released and was never given an answer which I believed was an answer in itself. Holla Forums loves to eat shit if the packaging has jiggly tits on it.

At least you kept it in your pants and didn't say shitran kagayra, goon.

I do like the story/characters but the gameplays really not hooking me in, theres some characters that I liked playing as but it looks like I can't pick and choose who I want to play as in single player.

I can tell now, it is kind of disappointing that EV doesnt have as many single player modes like PBS does.

Hows the translation for it or did /nep/ make it better?

The latter. The gameplay is nothing to write home about, so you're pretty much just in for the fanservice

You fell for shallow fanservice game I'm afraid. They're not even bad, just boring. Also ignore this philistine. If anything it's even worse by being far too easy, not enough lewd, and bad translation. There are a couple of alright Neptunia games though.

This pathetic screeching doesn't even deserve to be backquoted.

Also as far as I know there's no retranslation for that game. Re;birth 2 and 3 got them, while 1 was alright to start with surprisingly.

Thats a bit disappointing to hear
I played a bit of the remake of the first game and played the original one all the way through, tried to play 2 but didn't care much for the new charactersespecially Nepgear

The biggest problem with the musou-style Senran Kagura games is how long they take to unlock each character's moveset. Not only do you start with a tiny basic moveset, the story shifts between all the characters so you play them all at their most boring. By the time you get some variation and even the tiniest hint of difficulty from newer enemies, half the game's finished anyway. The gameplay itself isn't terrible but the game is designed around the lowest possible skill level, so you have to play on higher difficulties to get anything out of it.

Just get Evenicle if you want the same art, actual lewds and actual good gameplay.

I'm already reading a VN, maybe later.

I would love SK games to have better combat but seeing how the series is going I don't know if they have the talent to do so. I'll see with the next game but I doubt they'll build off of SK2's combat.

Not even out in english yet. It should be coming this year though. It's already translated and edited. Next is testing and then beta testing.

Anyone got the pic of Asuka choking a guy with her leg while having from a tree?

It's double-shit.

I found shinovi versus hard to get into due to it being very short bite-size chunks of action blocked off by a dozen loading screens each, and dialogue, and cutscenes. I can't imagine how frustrating that was on handheld.

The combat's good but no were near great, Takaki also has made it no secret he wanted as much fan service in the games as he could get away with.
Also Haruka is best girl.

It's so repetitive, holy shit.

Gameplay-wise Valkyrie Drive is a major step-up from the Senran series. Sure, the roster is only 6 (exluding DLC) compared to Senran's 30+ and no diorama mode. But you get Phantom-dash attacks, Bayoneta-dodging and actual platforming to reach hidden secrets. The heart catch mini game is sorta fun too, if you play on Vita

I second this post. Valkyrie Drive's combat is more fluid and fun compared to Estival Versus. I did the mistake of playing VD first instead of EV and I got bored of the clunky stop and go combat of EV.

At least the plus side of Estival Versus is that the characters are more fleshed out, cinematic events are more active, and other small features such as diorama mode. Valkyrie Drive is lacking in those extras with the only worthwhile extra being that heart catch game (which needs to be unlocked) since the girls react as if you were giving them a good massage.

Some characters are clunky and a few are smooth. The others are meh skillset wise. Gameplay is shallow. The major focus of the game is the characters and ecchi.

This is a good thing. Yaegashi has gone downhill recently, the early stuff was good shit, but now we get these overdrawn mounds of flesh. SK2 was the last time Yaegashi did good SK art.

If only they put that much effort into the gameplay, the fanservice is still pretty good though

you can tell that these games are made with a shoe string budget though i kind of doubt that it would be better with more money. maybe the new senran game will be better

I'd already be satisfied if more effort was put into the girls' models. The animation work in these games is already pretty good, aside from some heavy-hitter-type characters, and the gameplay probably won't get much better since the japs that play waifu games are too damn casual.

is that some sort of a joke? i own that game and every single character only has one combo. one! senran at least has like 3 combo strings

You have to be pretty new to videogames to fall for this one, son. This here is some low, LOW quality ecchi.

Post the best SK doujins

there are no good SK doujins the official art of the game is lewd enough. have you seen the edits were people remove the girls clothes?

exhentai.org/g/975837/5afc889989/
exhentai.org/g/1011076/f6627dd505/
exhentai.org/g/969034/98d348ff63/
exhentai.org/g/931625/f233659326/
:^)

It takes effort to be this retarded.

he didnt say it was. work on your reading comprehension

You are the worst cancer

I hope they let Meteorize make a new action game. Those guys did pretty good with the combat in VD so it'd be cool to see what they'd do with a SK action game.

I liked it more then senran so I hope so too

Never a post as true as this, botw fags are cancer and their tastes in girls are SHIT

Those are some major problems. Especially when SK:DC had proper sagging breast physics and more unique models for characters. They haven't brought the breast slider back since then. This game also had plenty of great ideas that could have advanced the series if they built off it. Talismans giving you certain passives that can make the game easier or harder. Unique team attacks for certain character pairings. Control scheme to play with 1 hand. Adding unique combo enders to every attack chain by holding down X or Y. Yang mode could be transformed on the fly (if you have max scrolls) and it was used to heal yourself while becoming a glass cannon. Instead Marvelous built on SV's gameplay and models while adding more poses you found in DC.

One major thing they should do is remove the level system. As long as you can level up it's almost impossible to die and becoming a high level trivializes every challenge. Not that you can avoid that because play well will make you become a high level pretty fast. Another thing they should do is give your whole moveset from the start. However, as you go through the game, you gain new moves that you can choose to replace other moves in your moveset like in God Eater 2. Downsizing the cast and making the characters more unique would be fine too. A whole new cast wouldn't offend me either since the stories for the original cast is pretty resolved and most of them are 21+.

Playing on hard and knowing Jump cancel cancel guard makes the game and boss fights more fun since parrying becomes available way more often. You have to level up the characters to unlock their full movesets which is annoying. The SK games (Peach Beach Splash in particular is awful with this) have a big issue where they start bad and get better. This series is not DMC I don't need mechanical unlocks to ease me into the movelist, I'm just here to have casual fun while beating up Hibari and making her cry.

I like how this game has actual yuri and canonizing development of.

It's the lowest quality ecchi I've ever seen. Why not just play DoA or something?

Always good to see you're still around hibarifag.

Honestly, EV improves on SV in every aspect except for combat. EV feels just so sluggish and slow compared to the fast-paced and much more enjoyable SV combat. The wake-up attacks completely killed the game for me.
Yes, SV characters were unbalanced but there is no balanced SK game, not even PBS.

Honestly, you should've at least picked Megatagmension which was ok, especially in multiplayer.

Don't know why they didn't keep the proper breasts from SK2 and included them in Peach Beach Splash.
Also can't wait for PBS to come out on PC and multiplayer will die in less than a week.

I do play DoA5. It's a nice fighter. But I like playing dress up in SK. Maybe I should just get into Custom 3D Maid 2.

Why did they this was a good idea? There are much simpler and practical ways to go about this.

why have leveling at all? the whole thing is just dumb

Meanwhile they are trying to replicate boobs with rumble.
They can't even model boobs right!

To tempt you into paying for better card drops rather than grinding

Because I was hoping to get something with a bit more fanservice

Welcome to japanese gaming, where balance is thrown out in favour of grinding.

Mirai is cute!
I'd give her more attention than she'd be comfortable with

anti-gravity silicone tits are not attractive and never will be

People who say "only old ladies sag" are just ignorant of the fact that truly outrageously large breasts sag

they are modeled closer to that shape in SK2. I wish they reused those models instead.

Microtransactions.

Her and Ryona are my favorite. But Mirai barely gets any art any more. Also, gameplay wise, she was only fun in DC.

Unless they made another 3DS game, they would have to make new models. But instead they keep using assets from Estival Versus which was taken in mass from SV and tweaked a little. Still, one of the best things about PBS is the thigh jiggle they added. Yet they still messed up in other areas. Like what's the point of the money shot finisher that can rip apart people's clothes if they're all forced to wear the same thing once they're about to be finished off? It should be the clothing you wore under your clothing.
Headpats and handholding should stay in the series.

In fantasy, I can make perfectly round natural bouncy tits all I want. Don't ever try to speak for anyone, you fuckinf faggot.

There's the problem. The 3DS games were the ones with the good combat.

I guess I'll search for SK2

I can see why people like Ryona

headpats, hand holding and kissing are what EV did right. Slowing down the combat and making half of the characters not fun to play with is what dragged EV down.

Do you think there's any chance of a Senran Kagura fighting game? The series has always been distantly appealing to me but the bad/bland gameplay turned me off repeatedly. Even a simplistic fighting game with nothing more complex than a quarter circle would be loads more appealing than musou porridge, assuming it was balanced properly.

Hell, I'd even take a party game or a brawler. Anything but musou and mediocre shooting.

But why do you want your woman to have flesh-colored dodgeballs hanging off of her chest?

Flesh coloured dodgeballs on a girls chest is still a far more reasonable fetish than a cock with balls on "her" crotch.

Besides being silly, I like her design. Well when she's not transformed. I think her outfit is ridiculous. Funny enough, I usually put it on Miyabi and it just seems to fit her.

Examu could definitely do it. Homura was already in a fighting game called Nitroplus Blasterz and it was a pretty solid and fun fighting game.

I like the idea behind Ryona's transformed outfit particularly since I enjoy ice skating but the angel outfit looks dumb and her guns are completely retarded. I can get behind grace and beauty with figure skating while shooting people just they botched it.

is senran kagura 1 on 3ds supposed to be like 15fps?

IIRC it only slows down when coming out of a transformation/clothes ripping scene for dramatic effect.

I'm having a lot of fun with Shinobi Refre. The actual content is a bit thin, unless there is a reward for 100%ing it that I haven't gotten yet, but the photo studio mode is a blast.

CM3D2 is the best dress up sim, but there is no game part to it.

U wot.

It's pretty infamous for being badly optimized, iirc.

Unless they pirate it, that'd be fucking disgraceful.

It's awful design. At the very least they could've had girls level up in the background like some other character-heavy games do. As it stands your favourites end up decent, then you get forced into a tedious slog with some girl you don't care about.

It may be helped on any of the N3DS systems with custom firmware, where you can force it to run at N3DS speeds, but it doesn't work for all games, depends how they're coded. See also: oclockvita for various badly optimized Vita games.

Why would you be buying the DLC anyway? Particularly if it's just trivial costume rubbish. But, I have to say, it's hilarious that there's an upper boundary on microtransactions, compared to later forms where you don't even pay for anything permanent.

Megatagmension plays better than the other Nepran but that's not saying much. Also its plot makes me want to die. Blanc got shafted hard.

Because I’m not autistic enough to demand 1:1 realism from my animu tiddy games.

Because I've seen plump, squishy round tits that look nice enough and that's all I need to know.

You can play the pirate copy of DoA5LR online anyway so there's 0 reason to buy it at all.

Reminder that we could've had more Half Minute Hero instead of this shitfest of a franchise.

i can tell you from experience you're a retard if you attempt to install it all because 1 its just fucking awful costumes and 2 your game will crash all the time. much better to install custom breakable costumes and nude mods instead of going full retard and saying "wow all this dlc that i could pirate into a legit copy or pirate everything. i am so triggered that not getting the turd on a place side dish is an option i can think of"

Her outfit is based on Swan Lack as she's a big ballet fan, I think it's cute.

I always liked her dress for obvious reasons

The combat is fine. You are just a faggot.

Also yes it is a fanservice game why the fuck do you think we call it titty ninjas?

Is it wrong if i want Haruka to rape me?

The combat is not clunky, it's limited because if not the game would be really broken

It's not rape if you want it.

This, pretty much. The musou formula given more complex, fighter game prompts would ultimately fuck the balance entirely and make it super-obvious your enemies are little more than standstills on a screen. Even old brawlers like Final Fight and Streets of Rage understood that—movesets from those franchises were never nearly as complicated as pick-a-street-fighter game. Musous must keep it simple, and the best way to keep them interesting and engaging is diversifying the objectives you have to undertake.

That is exactly what makes shit like Dynasty Warriors Empires shine when you get bored of vanilla DW. SK and VD are limited for a reason. They're still entertaining, though.

What i hated in SK is that you waste 5 minutes on exposition and seeing VN level of dialogue, then play the stage for 30 seconds and go back to another 5 minutes of VN boredom before you rinse and repeat ad infinitum.
Then you get to a boss, and it's even more dialogue and even less gameplay.
Ass and Tits are cool and all, but i have more shit to do, i can't waste the time i could've been playing some cool game reading ecchi moeshit VN tier of writing.

I don't think you'd have a choice in the matter.

>Blanc got shafted hard.

that's kind of what we want

The combat is shit and I'm pirating every single Senran game from now on.

An interesting thing about this game is how empowered the characters are. I know, HURR FEMINISM, but check this out: The characters are explicitly mentioned to be Shinobi, constantly. This is pretty much a term for 'ninja' sure, but in more extended ninja folklore, it explicitly refers to those with a combat specialty. Furthermore, they are never referred to as kunoichi, a term reserved for female ninjas who use primarily stealth and seduction as their methods for completing missions. In other words, in-game, the girls are viewed as the equals - or betters - of their male contemporaries, and are never viewed as mere sexual tools or objects. They never need the validation of men outside of some rare family references and in fact also miss the typical japanese trope of "Marry before 25 or you're a useless woman". Feminists are scared of the senran because she is beautiful, capable, and independent. Because she can outperform any man, and stand with them on equal ground, and hold any position a man can, and they do this without discarding their basic femininity.

The second.
99% of games/shows like this are weeb trash

Fuck off.

Not the bad kind of shafted. Noire's spin-off wasn't all that great either but at least felt like a Neptunia universe game, and had its charm points. Vert didn't even get a spin-off game and Blanc's still jealous of her.

Older style brawlers have a lot less enemies to contend with, allowing them to actually pose some threat. When you've got swarms you have to give blatant cues or make them non-threatening to the point you're just grinding through a mass of meat walls. The latter is a Senran game and it's just boring to play. Even bad combat systems like in Drakengard 3 manage to be better than this.

I personally think it's fun enough, but it is pretty shallow overall. There's some fun things here and there, but you're really not here for gameplay. At the very least, there are some great girls, but IMO there's too many meh and low tiers, even with all the high tier girls present.

my ultimate fantasy is for haruka to capture me, tie me up, tease me, jerk me off nearly to the point of orgasm, and then deny me and try to leave me blueballed, but then I would break free of my bonds, tackle her to the floor and begin vicious sweet lovemaking, ejaculate inside, and then cuddle with her on the floor.
However, I doubt I would have much of a choice in the matter.

Technically true, but only because the only one of their "male contemporaries" we're shown is Murasame, who is a fucking loser. The majority of the male characters are older and much more powerful than any of the main girls (Sayuri and Kagura might be on their level, though).

For someone wanting to get into the series what should I start with?

Looks like SK2 is a good place to start

Is that being done by fans or mangagamer or something?

Looks like mangagamer.

Best grill right here niggers.

One day

Agree. The bunny girl outfit is way better suited to her.

Where's my fuck AJ Styles where you need him?

Meant to say fucking AJ styles
sorry AJ, no disrespect

this is the biggest issue the Versus games have is leveling up. The games start off SO BAD because you have absolutely no combos for the characters until you get them all at least to level 10 first, and even still the combos chains are lacking. And once you get leveled up enough even hard mode missions become trivial.
eh they've kind of got a staple thing with the four main schools and the Millenium Festival girls now. And Burst Re:Newal is at least going to have Gessen and Hebijo characters in it as well unless I was told wrong. plus Gessen girls are best girls

I DO wish they'd do all that you said they did in DC though; such as the unique character models, sagging breasts with semi-realistic physics, etc.

It's not the existence of DLC but the level of greed they dug to that makes it a disgraceful buy whether you plan on buying some of it or not.

The game is fun as fuck. That's all I care about.

I fucked up.

Looking how long it takes Mangagamer to work on something. I would imagine fall of this year. They're actually pretty fast despite juggling so many projects.

I don't understand why devs don't pick up the combat from Sengoku Basara. It's nice middle ground between button mashing musou games and action games like DMC and Bayonetta. The controls are simple but allow you to be creative. Sure, you can buttom mash but mastering your character's moveset can create a very satisfying experience. Valkyrie Drive's aerial combat would be a nice addition too.

They're all nice but Yumi. Yumi a shit. On Re:Newal though. I will most likely skip it. It just looks like a rehash of Estival Versus with no improvements to the gameplay. Same assets as well. They're getting lazy and I see no reason to support that.

What are some good games with sexy ninja girls?

Dis nigga gets it

The one with the mask seems cute

Murakumo; leave the mask on to be dominated or take it off and be the dominator.

Its like having the best of both worlds.

I fucking love natural round tits. I don't know why.

Maybe because they look more bouncy and smooth.

Why must such a delicate flower be sad?

she was told her parents died in a car crash and she withdrew into herself and started hiding her face

Yuuka is a cute.

Unironical weebshit that keeps Xseed afloat so that they can translate Falcom games that nobody buys.

So its actually pretty good.

I just want Onechanbara gameplay with SK models and animations.
The combat in Z2 Chaos is so much better than tiddy ninjas it's hard to believe it's from the same developer.

I'm sad the flood of Yuuka and Hikage art inevitably died down, that was wonderful.