RIP Zelda

archive.is/ovoPO

Breath of the Wild 2 is basically confirmed. The series had a good run while it did.

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/reviews/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sometimes I wonder if its better for a series to die like advance wars, or have it live and hope for a chance for a return to form despite its corpse being peddled around like Fire Emblem
We got Echoes out of it still being alive but we also had Fates, Warriors and Heroes.
I suppose the Switch FE will determine what happens.

It's better to die young.

And freedom is meaningless without weight behind it. Hopefully they realize how important THAT is too, but who am i kidding

It was fun
It also made fuckloads of money

God forbid we have any of that though.

nonsense, hope you like more repetitive resource gathering. Hey, we got 3 generations of bad ocarina of time style games, so I expect we'll get at least 2 generations of bad botw style games.

Gathering and crafting feel like a staple element of "survival" games, and it's kind of a guilty pleasure for me

I understand the want for traditional Zelda, but I think BotW was a fantastic first attempt at the open-world meme. It's received a ton of due constructive criticism about flaws and missed opportunities, and if Nintendo can fix these I would imagine it'll be great.

Zelda has been dead since Aonuma took over after the N64.

the resource gathering added fucking nothing but more busywork and i hope it gets toned down bigtime

It isn't always this way but sometimes the level of naked contrarianism on display here manages to surprise me. Yes I know Holla Forums is not one person.

Well the game did many things right, yet what kills it for me it's that there is nothing to do once you get bored of fighting the same 3 enemies and solving puzzles for 3 year olds.
The concept was decent but the execution failed and was shallow

This. BotW is a blueprint for a fantastic near-perfect game, it just need some tweaks in the right direction (ie. enemy variety, proper dungeons, more balanced gear system, more interesting side-quests, etc.). Old 3D Zeldas were an evolutionary dead end and we were all tired of it as reminds us

Those beliefs aren't mutually exclusive. It was fresh, but by no means well developed. BotW has nothing besides TECHNOLOGY and the older style still had a lot of room to grow.

I do like that Breath of the Wild lets me just leave the starting area and walk in any direction, but that falls flat on its face when there is nothing to be found in that direction, or any direction for that matter.

It's really not, and you even acknowledge that in the rest of your post.

Rest in Peace The Legend of Zelda

1987-2016

You will not be forgotten.

Are we still pretending BOTW is a bad game?
Yes? Alright just checking

Guess we'll have to wait until the next Zelda to talk about this one

Just tell Nintendo to make a traditional sequel for once and fix the problems and Zelda can finally get back on track.

It's possible to recognize a game isn't perfect and yet still establish an incredible foundation for future games to build upon.

How about you offer some counterarguments instead of waiting for an echo chamber to express your feelings? It's not like the game having faults prevents it from being enjoyable, just not the magnificent second coming of Jesus people like to make it out to be

this

IT'S LIKE SKYRIM WITH TRAPS

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDddd

Because if I do I'm going to have 20 anons shitting on me, if I don't reply to every single point with extreme precision I will be called a shill or a retard or a cuckchanner or a reddittard or whatever, however if I do respond to them I will get shat on for posting too much and having a meltdown.

It's pointless to talk about BOTW, believe me I tried when the game came out and a few other times after. The Holla Forums hivemind is just way too fucking strong, even though half the people that usually shit on the game have never even touched a fucking switch or WiiU.

Actually that's a lie, I had one good conversation about BOTW with one user that disliked it. So I know there's at least one person on this board that doesn't just parrot other people's opinions to fit in.

good. i like the direction botw went. i can only hope nintendo continues to make games like this, but improve upon them and fix issues.

Reddit spacing

Ecks dee

Not for a liberal. Their brains cannot comprehend anything other than hero worship or abject hatred. This is shown in neurological studies and classified as mental illness.

I don't disagree with that. I disagree with it being fantastic.
BotW has a downward curve of quality, with a small bump when you reach the island that takes your gear away.

If the rest of your post didn't out you as a fucking moron, that part definitely did.

nichegamer.com/reviews/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review/
This triggers the Nintendrone

So you'd rather post in a thread where everybody parrots opinions you agree with? You're not going to get any better quality conversation that way. It's the other side of the horseshoe.

I don't even know how the fuck you got to that conclusion from what I wrote

I'd rather wait until I can talk about it or just not talk about it here at all.

but absolutely nothing is stopping you. My point is you shouldn't care if an army of retards whine at you because it's just a different flavor of circlejerk. Who cares if people attack you instead of your points? it doesn't mean anything, it's frivolous ad hominem

I don't even know how the fuck you got to that conclusion from what I wrote
That bullshit catch 22.

Stop being a pussy. If you want to talk about this game, talk about it. No one can stop you. People are already doing it, with mix of people who like it and dislike it.

One, this is old news. Two, cry more while you astroturf, sonygger.

I don't, it's just tiring and I know it's most likely not gonna go anywhere so I just don't bother

I don't really post anywhere on Holla Forums apart from very few threads honestly, it's gotten extremely hard to speak about any kind of game as of late. I'm here mostly for when stuff like Fallout 4 spoilers or Neogaf happens.

Most of the times threads will straight up get deleted if a thread gets saged enough because people dislike the game.
Have you even noticed that the only times there is any kind of games discussion is when a thread starts off saying

Try making a thread trying to talk about something more specific. It'll get saged and deleted. Dunno if that's mark's rules or the mods but that's how Holla Forums is.

Unlike Advance Wars, Fire Emblem was never particularly good.

then why bother making a passive aggressive comment baiting replies you have no intention of carrying through with? you are contributing to the problem you just defined

Because discussing the state of the board is endlessly more interesting than talking about a game most people talk about haven't played

That image made me realize you never actually see any of the kid's parents in Ed, Edd and Eddy.
I looked up if they had any and found some pretty decent fan art. EEE's fanbase is surprisingly dedicated and creative.

Zelda is Dead long live Zelda!

Eh, could end up being good. Imagine if they kept the open world, made a better inventory system, and added proper dungeons.
Like each dungeon has the normal associated item, but its out in the world and you have to go find it. Dungeon items don't break because they're magic artifacts, and offer some exploration benefit. Like that fucking spinner would just let you ride along any wall now. The grappling hook comes back and whatever it can fit around works, or you get a raft on demand.

See no reason why we can't have the best of both worlds here.

Technically the original Zelda was open world and let you tackle the dungeons in any order provided you had the means to access them.

This. Also, they said that they wanted the game's engine to be platform to make other games.

I would one non-shit argument that BotW is worse than Skyrim because Skyrim is irredeemably cancer and irreversiblely cancered up the industry. Never allow Bethesdrones to think that they are in good company.

Because as I said, it's impossible to talk about something directly on this board

which one are you kiddo?

I might be step 8

They wouldn't put that in, because it's very much, 'go do A, then you can do B', which is antithetical to how BotW works, which is 'go do whatever'.

How do you know what's going on or how Holla Forums works or what happens to most threads when you just said that you're barely here?

No. You're willfully ignoring threads that have actual discussion in them to push some bullshit idea that Holla Forums hates video games. You should start actually talking about games or stop coming to Holla Forums, since you don't seem to enjoy it in any sense of the word.

Not when they draw them fucking each in the ass and making it bleed.

the only correct answer - it's a return to form and the best zelda games were on the NES and SNES

I read a bizarrely decent EEE-Medievil crossover fanfic once (it was only about 2 pages long).

No I am here, I check the board regularly, I just don't actually post.

I don't think Holla Forums hates video games, I do however think that there's a facade that some users need to keep up that Holla Forums hates most things, and a lot of people fall in line with it to not feel out of place.
I've talked to plenty of people here that enjoy weird shit, small unknown indie games or even trash from the past.
As I said, there are a few threads even here where games can actually be discussed, I usually stick to those. Which I suppose is what the other people that are tired of the usual board shit do, however I don't really have any proof to back that claim up apart from a few people telling me they feel the same way.

I wouldn't be surprised is all the people defending this game were also skyrim fans.

I think you should kill yourself if you hate this thread so much.

You get +1 Holla Forums point, great job

Breath of The Wild ended up being a basic game but it serves as an excellent framework for a potentially amazing sequel.

They already did with the divine beasts and shrines though.
Maybe make the dungeons 'possible' with a lot of fucking around without the item. Same way you can do some shit the wrong way as is.
Or just make the dungeons themselves into sort of sandbox levels focused around using their respective item with no way of knowing which goes to what other than experimenting.

The doom and gloom Holla Forumsirgins who think everything different is bad have no idea what fun is. I bet most of these retards haven't even played BotW.

fuck off back to your containment board, this is for vidya you faggot

It would be fine, so long as the items didnt act as keys to progression gates. Each item would have some utility in combat and exploration, but never be strictly required to overcome any challenge.

For example, if you had the grappling hook in game, it could be used to disarm enemies, and anchor yourself to trees so that you could rappel up and down cliffs. You never need to use it, because you don't need to disarm an enemy to kill them, and you can always climb a cliff the normal way, but the item is still useful and a desirable thing to have.

I see BotW as the right step in its original direction. What I would rather see is building on what BotW did, like actual weight of traversing across land w/o a teleport button to anywhere. The environment effecting your travel is also a plus. Resource management is meh and is neither terrible or great. I beleove what killed it for some anons was the painful fetch quests with no real pay-off or a secret mode to unlock. I honestly believe that if there was a better payoff for what an user goes through there would be very little to no bitching.
Xenoblade2 is an excellent example. A fucking pain to get certain items, but other than a few blades who are not worth it, the payoff is a waifu who visually changes and KOS-MOS herself. So you bet anons are more than happy to grind. Make sure the payoff matches or exceeds the time sunk into it.

I mean, really kill yourself. You sound like a genuinely miserable person.

yeah, its pure padding. the open world is padding, the survival is padding, the crafting is padding. If you distill the game down to its actual content, you're left with probably the least dense zelda ever.

Maybe its because I'm only a little bit in, but I haven't seen any. I just use whatever the enemies drop and cook all the animals I find, killed via bombs.

That means we will get a Even thiccER Zelda with bigger Butt?

YEAH! I WANNA BREED THAT THICC SNOWBUNNI WITH MY BBC!!

I've had a pretty good time for nearly two years discussing Nioh with minimal angst or shitposting and of course Terraria is a perennial favorite.

Gas yourself.

I disagree, but you're entitled to your tastes

Zelda 1 did BotW main gimmick decades earlier and executed it better.

I'm entirely fine with a BOTW 2 if the dungeons are bigger.

is right though it needs more enemies and not Break your entire inventory on one bokoblins

the entire zelda series is an argument to play better games inspired it or similar to it. from ys to gurumin to okami to sotc to 3d dot game heroes.

This is what the sequel needs. More actual enemies, less palette swaps. If you replaced every palette swap in the game with a unique enemy it'd have so much variety.

both of these pretty much. I have no qualms with the game being nonlinear, it needs to give a real incentive to explore beyond superficial stats. Subweapons being glorified keys in past games was wack but so is frontloading everything you will ever play with and stretching the game paper thin. If exploration had a real impact beyond stamina/health/inventory instead of hiding how basic it all is beyond breakables and such, i'd have liked it a lot more.

for example, why is there no hookshot or similar stand-in despite that being a no-brainer for a game with a large amount of climbing and rain to boot? Sure, there's the rito powerup but that has a bloody cooldown and the only way to get quick height is if you have some grass to burn or abuse stasis on a boulder. and the zora tunic but waterfalls aren't exactly common

When every area has similar enemies and similar rewards, with only the environment differing, the fun I had in the overworld was limited to the scant few landmarks there were, shrines not included because they're also a bunch of reused elements and should've been consolidated into larger, themed areas.

for example, the icy mountains in the northwest with the water puzzles and the fossil behind the giant door or the ruins in the canyon a while south of it with the massive hallway of guardians.

while enemy diversity is indeed shit from a visual perspective, this image is a little disingenuous because enemies behave differently depending on what kind of weapon they have. It's weak, but not as weak as this implies. The bosses are unforgivably lackluster for sure though

Skyward Sword for all its faults has really nice combat and it's a shame to see it fall back down so far

imo this argument could be used to justify that human enemies in shooters who use a shotgun compared to those who use an SMG somehow makes them different enemy types.

There's differences, sure, but it ultimately has very little affect on how you play.

Also the gold enemies except maybe Lynels are fucking shit
It is retarded that you can waste your entire inventory of weapons on one bokoblin.

The BotW enemy list is also missing wolves and bears.

Man what is this, Smash?

a bokoblin helicoptering a spear vs one fumbling with a twohander isn't insignificantly different, and neither are SMGs and shotguns. as I said, it isn't visually exciting but from a pure gameplay perspective, it does matter

But it would be unfair to argue enemy diversity without accounting for the area scale of the game. BoTW is fucking enormous compared to Twilight Princess, and we saw the same small handful of enemies everywhere on the map. Twilight Princess had some area specific enemies such as the Dodongos being in Death Mountain or Deku Babas being in Faron, etc. BoTW had "area-specific" enemies like… having an ice lizalfos, or an ice wizrobe, or an ice octorok.

I've been really enjoying BotW, though probably more as an escapism tool. Really so long as it's not Skyward Sword I'll probably still play new Zelda after new Zelda.

The biggest disappointment of BoTW's combat is that's just the same shitty combo everytime. Wind Waker went really in-depth on the idea of directional inputs allowing for unique moves and combos(Although it doesn't really matter unless you do all the challenge floors). For all Zelda games to have it was useful at some point to pay attention at least to the difference between vertical and horizontal swings. BoTW just being mash Y to attack for me is the biggest disappointment.

Stals behave differently from their living counterparts. One of the biggest differences being you can literally disarm them and their tactics will change in line with this. They also don't die unless you hit their heads but they also did instantly if you nail their head with an arrow right away(While they're living counterpart will just be knocked down and take extra damage).

Gold enemies also have a stupid damage multiplier. So say goodbye to all your dishes too.

The only area specific enemy in the game is the Molduga, that should say a lot about how lacking BoTW is.

Did play BotW you dumb nigger. Thank you Cemu The game is bland and lacks substance. Follows the same vast but empty open world problem that every western game has fallen into. Shrines are mindnumbingly easy, there's a lack of enemy variety, scavenging for supplies and weapons feel like a chore instead of being fun, the weapon durability is dogshit, dungeons were an afterthought, and there's no fucking story at all. The only good dungeons in the game, were Hyrule Castle, and the new one in Champion's Ballad. Not to mention bosses also were an afterthought, as every single one (minus the final boss in Champion's Ballad) were all easy, even the final Ganon fight. Ignoring all that, it's just a bland empty world, with so much open space and nothing in it.

Oh, I almost forgot the Amiibo bullshit too. The fact you can get Wolf Link as a companion, but only if you own that specific Amiibo

i agree, there really isn't an excuse for the sameness. I'm just making a case for what's still there, as monotonous as the game is

Directional slashes were largely just for show, though it was admittedly satisfying for me for whatever reason, and that's why Skyward Sword is so good because it takes the concept and makes it actually matter. I remember a lot of enemies that blatantly punished you for spamming. This being said, it's not just the samey combos that BotW suffers from, but the flurry system being a more sluggish version of WW/SS parries. Takes five seconds as opposed to one quick counter. The only time you'll ever use the shield bash is when dealing with lasers, since the disarming aspect only works when enemies are low on health- and in that case, why not just finish them off? TP handled it a bit differently by giving you repositioning tools instead of blatant counters.

and to top it off, outside of flurry rush there's no way to get mileage out of positioning properly, jump slashes and spin attacks are really weak in botw. 2hander spins don't have that nice burst feeling

I'm gonna assume the simplification of the moveset was because they thought it wouldn't work well in the open world, or was done as a kneejerk reaction to SS's lukewarm sales for a Zelda.

pretty much

I'll never get over the fact the game had straight-up crossdressing.
You'd never get away with that shit in the same context as this twenty years ago.
>inb4 Birdo

Birdo.

Pretty sure people would love to have BOTW Zelda farting on them.

Buddy there's people interested in cheese graters anal, that's not an argument.

The Legend of Cheese Grater: The Minced Anus

All home console zelda games can only be:
which one would do you choose

giving it more thought, they basically splintered it into swords for horizontal and spears for thrusts with 2handers taking the niche that the heavy subweapons normally do

at least handholding hell still has nice environments and good gameplay behind the constant nagging as opposed to having the freedom to do the same thing over and over in a barren landscape

at least handheld zelda will survive maybe

holy shit im bad with words, i meant the portable zeldas

This new bold original idea I've just created.

One of the most annoying things in the game for me is the amount of cutscenes there were.
There's 5 cutscenes per shrine (unlock, elevator from outside the shrine, elevator from inside the shrine, and 2 more for reaching the end).
There's also one for each clothing upgrade, each dish you cook, and 2 for each tower you unlock.

Not including the dialogue that comes with some of those.

Upon reading this thread, I change my mind, Fuck BOTW, I'd rather have another oracles/awakening type game.

BOTW was a good idea that was executed poorly. They made a world that was fun to explore, but forgot to put anything in it. Sure, there's a shit load of short dungeons, but they're all hella easy and completely forgettable. I'd rather have a handful of very large dungeons similar to Hyrule Castle with unique and memorable music/foes. Also, why the hell are all of the bosses Ganon? The final boss loses his "ultimate villain" mystique when I'm kicking his ass at every divine beast. I'd like the resource gathering more if I had anything to fucking use them on. Maybe make it so I can help the people of Hyrule rebuild their cities or something.

Welcome to the club, I burned nearly 300 hours into this shit.

Rings?

Burp of the Wild everyday. Skyward sword is still the worst zelda game.

Final Fantasy VII, you retard.

God Hand

You're not dressing up as a belly dancer being complemented on how cute you are.

reading comprehension, do you lack it?

It's absolutely the same context. There's a ton of lines where disguised Cloud is complimented on how pretty a woman he is. BOTW also makes fun of the fact that the guy in drag has a strong jawline and 5'o'clock shadow. These games are saying that cross dressing is something to be laughed at by depicting the people that do it as very ugly. And yes, that's also why they did it in odyssey.

That's not on one image, that's a page with several different images that have tags adding up to that.
You can tell because there are multiple artists listed.
Here's an image from one of the artists, Lexenwants.

does that mean skyward sword is considered good now?

You do know that you can skip those, right?

*Lenexwants

Nope, it's still fucking shit.

You're right. FF7 only had the weaker idea of sword fighting as the end game of that specific scene.

There just doesn't seem to be that many rewards in the game for what you do. Hell, some form of Lore would be nice. So much a player can do in the world with no rewarding payoff really hurt the game.

If they just had some quality dungeons I think the reception would have been better.

They should have had had half as many "shrines" and 6 or 7 proper dungeons. Given the seamless nature of the load times and such they could have even done open world dungeons where you could see something ominous off in the distance and gradually encounter tougher and tougher shit the deeper you got into the dungeon's area and the dungeon itself. That would have been the bees knees.

Instead, you get tiny little 10-minute mini dungeon puzzles with the same enemies copy-pasted throughout them. What's your prize? An incremental progression statistic and a nominal boost to your stats? What a fucking joke.

no, but being shit overall doesn’t prevent it from having good qualities

Shut your faggot mouth. Cross-dressing is a common joke in many nip games, it just gets censored out during (((localization))). There are plenty of legitimate gripes with the game, like the fact that it's barren in its world, items and gameplay.

Nah, Minish Cap was the last good Zelda game.

No it didn't. Zelda 1 is linear as fuck

Skyward Sword is broken glass, BOTW is a polished turd.

kill all plebs

Only if you have insight knowledge what to do in what order, something that goes for all open-world games.

you can get bombs, candle, keys, and anything else you need to get through most dungeons right away. You can even get the white sword before entering your first dungeon.
you have no need to do the dungeons in order, save for dungeon 4 and 7, which require tools found in other dungeons to access. And even then, you don't need to have completed the dungeons with said tools, just get the tools.

so, with the exception of dungeons 4, 7, and 9, which have access requirements, how in the fuck is Zelda 1 linear?

WELP SERIES HAD A GOOD RUN WHILE IT LASTED FELLAS

Series confirmed shit from the start

Also there is already a zelda thread, use the search bar you fucking faggot.

R.I.P Zelda series.

There are legitimately great Nip open world games like Dragon's Dogma. Then again normalfags hated DD almost as much as they love BOTW.

Nigga japs have had open games for decades, just look at Way of the Samurai or Steambot Chronicles. BotW just follows the same terrible outline all the other open world AAA games have and it leads to a mess of problems because of it.

Well i'm not browsing e621 for the actual image, so that's as close as you're going to get.

It's only good for Groose.

tbn Capcom's Nintendo games were pretty mediocre, the GBC ones were fun as a kid.

Follow Fi and all associated themes are the fucking shit, though.

wew. I'd be sad except the last good Zelda was Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons and the series is thoroughly dead already. The only good thing it gave us in 17 years was a lewd imp slut.

Is this really supposed to spark some kind of outrage?
The first Zelda was founded on freedom and exploration. If anything, I'm glad they finally remembered their roots.

Nobody asked for Zelda to become a shittier, barren clone of the already shitty Skyrim.

(checked)
Don't forget about best girl Orielle.

I challenge Nintendo to create a more fuckable sidekick for Link.

I'll say it again BOTW was a good game but a bad Zelda game.

Deku Link is also a strong contender

That's a challenge they'll never win.

Okay, it gave us two lewd sluts.

They tried it with AW4 (waifus and rpg elements), but the fans rejected it. The first three games are such quality games that no other attempt has come close and because of that they get rejected. So why try to make a game for a niche genre with a small community of nitpicking nerds who know better?

I hope there will be more crossdressing for link

open world can end up a crutch for bad game development
BOTW is an example of this

Well whose dick is bigger?

DD is amazing too and you're a fucking idiot for implying that because it's good, BoTW isnt.

If you actually had played either of these games, you would know that despite the fact that both games are open world action adventure games, Skyrim is fucking empty and pointless in so many sections that BotW isn't. You can fuck around for ages in Skyrim with nothing to show for it, but in BotW if fuck around you end up finding korok seeds, shrines, cool scenery, and a bunch of chests containing random useful stuff. Or you might even stumble upon something important. The difference is 99% of the stuff you find is useful in some fashion. I wont call it genius by any measure, but at least Nintendo actually iterated on both the open world type of games and zelda at the same time. I'd like to see Todd Howard do that.

A-fucking-men, I'll never understand how, without fail, Holla Forums seems to always hate the new zelda and then when the next zelda comes out they love the old zelda.

This. One of the few actually understable criticisms of this game, moreso than past titles, is this. If you don't like it because it's not what you wanted from a zelda game, that's fine. It's not for you. The fact you don't like it doesnt mean it's a bad game.

This tbh fam. Sad, but true.

No

Last good game was Minish Cap you dumb faggot.

what

Other way around
Even skyrim dungeons have more meaningful rewards than anything in BotW. Same for side quests.

If you actually had played either of these games, you would know that despite the fact that both games are open world action adventure games, BOTW is fucking empty and pointless in so many sections that Skyrim isn't. You can fuck around for ages in BOTW with nothing to show for it, but in Skyrim if fuck around you end up finding artifacts, caves, cool scenery, and a bunch of chests containing random useful stuff. Or you might even stumble upon something important. The difference is 99% of the stuff you find is useful in some fashion. I wont call it genius by any measure, but at least Bethesda actually iterated on both the open world type of games and RPGs at the same time. I'd like to see Eiji Aonuma do that.

ur a faget

Yeah, the difference is now they are all copying Skyrim. Don't forget that Skyrim was a massive hit in Japan, being the first western game to get a perfect score from Famitsu.

Btich please, skyrim dungeons are basic bitch just-kill-everything walkfests. There's only one or two shrines in BotW that are that barebones, if you don't count the combat shrines which are shit and should have been at the end of a real shrine instead of just a shrin by themselves

As far as loot goes, oh boy another fucking piece of equipment that's not as good as what I already have! I sure do love these billions of cheesewheels im carrying around!

Meanwhile in BotW, because shit breaks you're always happy to find a good weapon spot, because they respawn on blood moons. On top of that every shrine or korok seed or material location you find is another step to getting stronger so you can do more cool shit like climbing a mountain in one go, or complete an electricity puzzle in an unintended fashion because you have an inventory full of metal weapons that can conduct that shit.

That's a nice lack of any argument you have there.

I miss when TES games had weapon durability. What Bethesda is doing to the franchise is just plain tragic.

This. Don't drag a series down. Let it end before it goes to shit like everything else that has a 3rd installment or reaches season 4-5.

Very few games get durability right. It usually turns into busy work or a grind fest.
Sort of like this. This shit does not sound encouraging.
I really hate this skins of shit. If a game is going to bother with puzzles then it needs to have a right way to accomplish it or it should just not bother in the first place. Then again I hate physics puzzles so maybe this one is just me.

There are entire tiers of shrines where you just kill one thing and then get your meaningless "reward" handed to you.
There are even shrines which have nothing for you do to but just waiting for them to appear and then take the orb.

Describing BotW here?
Skyrim has shouts, unique spells, unique accessories and equipment to give you. There is actual world building and lore too.

Korok seeds literally just increase your item capacity and nothing else and there isn't anything in the game that requires full stamina wheels to climb. All the "rewards" feed into its own badly designed time wasting mechanics. You won't need to carry more shit if the durability system didn't exist in the first place and since it exists you'll only be carrying the strongest shit that exists with no variety because anything else would break before killing even a single damage sponge reskin that start appearing halfway through.

Or just use the item the game provides you with and not waste your time because the "puzzles" are brain dead already.

You can switch the names and the points are all still valid, they are essentially the same game. The difference is that Skyrim came out in 2011 and BOTW came out in 2017.

Probably because the 'puzzles' take seconds to work out and them several minutes of tediously pushing things around. To be fair that's also the case with most puzzles in older Zelda games, but now it takes twice as long since you have to fight the physics engine.

What the fuck is wrong with my spelling today?

I can tell you didn't read my entire post because…?

Late game you always have an empty slot or a weapon about to break that you can toss to grab something new. This encourages aggressive gameplay, which is a good thing in an action adventure game.

Instead of specific tools for specific jobs, BotW instead gives you some basic tools and lets you go to town with them. The system isn't comparible

And there isn't in BotW?

and this is bad why?
you're just flat out factually wrong here, and the stamina wheel is used for a lot more than that, that was just the example.
The durability system encourages you to, as said above, play aggressively. This means if you want to earn more weapons, you need to get good at killing things so you waste less durability and get better at the weapons. By the end of the game you have built up an aresenal of your personal favorite weapons, and some stuff that are/double as useful tools like the korok leaf and fire rod for example

Yeah enemies scale but the base quality of the weapons that drop scale too. There's early game and late game versions of equipment, and they all perform the same beside the damage number with a few exceptions like the windcleaver. As far as equipment that's better than anything else, you have to make an effort to get that. You have to find the hardest enemies in the game to get those weapons, which takes a decent amount of practice and skill to do. By the time you can do that you deserve to have the weapons anyway, because you're good enough at the game to take on anything.

user do you not like figuring out things your own way? Do you hate fun? The puzzles are "easy" to solve because they're based on real logic. Anything you can think to try that would work in real life would work here.

You don't like nonliarity in your puzzles, or apparently most puzzles at all. That's fine.

I'm saying you need to stop just posting smug anime at me and actually back up your assertions with evidence. I'm not going to bother with you anymore until then.

Ignore that, I forgot about the pure rewards shrines. There are way too many of them that aren't even behind an overworld puzzle or anything, I agree.

Nope, in fact it's worse in FFVII. You're pretending to be a prostitute and if you do the segment correctly a fat fuck tries to rape you.

I just hope the next open world Zelda brings back some of the classic staples like special items instead of giving you all the magic runes at the beginning of the game.

The games are the evidence, user. They are extremely similar and very comparable. Whilst other games that drew inspiration from Skyrim actually built upon it, BOTW is pretty much the same game 6 years later.

Sorry, can't shrug the smug.

Can you actually craft things like weapons and armor in this game or is it all pretty much just treasure and loot drops?

this is what is killing the West (muh liberalism, muh freedumbs) and also what is killing gaming.
If people want arbitrary freedom they just play MMOs…that's where freedom makes sense.

I don't wanna feel like im grinding in a dead world when I play single player games. Give me a story, give me direction and give me supporting characters with cool personalities.
The more companies focus on "freedumbs" in vidya games the more I appreciate good old fashioned linear story telling, give me an overworld map to explore a bit, but keep your freedoms to MMOs.

yuck

The closest you'll get is trading materials with an NPC to get ancient (glowing blue shit) gear. Besides that, you can only upgrade the defense value of armor using the same process.

There is no freedom

what are you looking to do in them that you can't?

How was the concept decent? There was nothing interesting about it. It's just shitty open world.

have fun

You know, I can’t speak to what other people, other anons will do in their own posts, but I think for me, especially just in terms of the OP, the incredible (you)s that this format offers you and how well that’s been received…to me, it means that clickbait, that level of clickbait is something that needs to be maintained in OPs going forward. My eyes have been opened to how important "RIP " is.

WEW
W
E
W
sounds like soulsfags who complain about warping at bonfires becuase DaS1 was their first game, despite it being the only one that doesn't let you warp from the start.

I would love a 2D demake of BOTW made like the original Zelda, but maintaining the stuff like weather and wind and elemental things.
More than anything, though, is the thing that's missing from BOTW that was in the original was a fucking huge Underworld that could feel intimidating to go in to. The overworld in BOTW was comfy, but there wasn't any real danger in it, and the shitty shrines were just portal test chambers. Contrast that with a massive underworld labyrinth so you've got a comfy overworld to explore and gather materials to make potions and sharpen your weapons and shit, and then delve in to the underworld and survive on your wits and what you brought with you, and maybe escape with some treasure.
And bring back the musical instruments and the wind waker for controlling the wind, so you can glide as you please and start bushfires that go in the direction you want.

Whats wrong user 4chan told you to kill yourself too many times?

Tossing weapons deals only double damage and then breaks the weapon. Breaking hits already do double damage so tossing weapons is fucking retarded. Using subpar tactics is your idea of aggressive gameplay? I would ask if you were retarded but you clearly are considering you think the combat in BotW is even worthwhile.

There isn't anything in the game that requires you to have a maxed out stamina wheel. Not even breaking in the royal steed or the mountain god.

Hammering nails with your dick instead of a hammer isn't "figuring things out"

How is that related to anything I said? Just because it gave you 5 abilities in the beginning doesn't mean it can't upgrade them. Instead of the upgrades being rewards from exploration you just grind items and buy them.

There is absolutely none. The most laughable part about it is that the towns in BotW are even smaller than the ones in skyrim.

There was this little entrance to something at the bottom of some canyon that was infested with guardians. I was not far along enough in the game to survive so I left and never came back. Too bad that was just one place in that huge world.
for what purpose?
you can already glide as you please.
just bring back the gust bellows from skyward sword to turn the overworld into california.

what a waste of trips

Echoes worked well because it was a remake of Gaiden.
Any truly new entry will be fucked anyway.
Let it die before they can mutilate it any further and hope for some map maker down the line from the community.

Because they're not important

Motion controls DRM condemns it to obscurity.

NO
Fuck off, it was a visual abomination that gave me Post Oblivion Stress Syndrome. Its a gimmicky Shitrim.

The old recorder being used to summon a whirlwind to whisk you away is more fun than random blue spooge, a song to summon animals depending on the biome (horses in fields, seals in the desert, turtles in the ocean, whatever)
The buff you get for gliding is much better with a headwind, and it would make sailing not suck so much, not to mention the ability to control the path of a grass/bushfire.
That one indoors ruin was, I was hoping, an entrance to a real proper underground dungeon. Instead it was just a couple of rooms like a big hallway with generic immobile guardian sentries.

What if BotW2 stars Zelda/Sheik like that Retro proposal?

Just because it is a new direction for the series doesn't mean this is the end of the series. BOTW was a good experiment that showed that open-world is the future for the series.

That would be interesting, it would be nice to play a Zelda who had to help a weak Link instead of waiting for him to do everything.

what did they mean by this

Any zelda game is the worst ever in the series until the next one comes out.
Happened to WW, TP, SS
Well, SS might still not have recovered yet

it hasn't. I'll take any zelda game over that one.

lmao

BotW + dungeons + cities + underworld/darkworld/alternativeworld

That would be a good game.

Who gives a fuck? Botw was amazing.

if I get dubs, nintendo is lurking and implements this in BotW2

BotW is shit, and will forever be shit

Are you trying to stir shit by remaking the thread on cuckchan?

Ever heard of time zones?

I live in my own timezone, so here's pic related

But yeah, I don't see the problem, I've not played the game but the porn is solid man.

Still gets tiring after a few dozen times

Nice cuckchan tier meme you got there

That does happen at times, because people tend to not stay in every thread they post in. At times they even have to make a first post before making another. Regardless, your cap shows that OP didn't steal the thread from halfchan, though the possibility that he later went there to remake it still exists.

I'm implying that 9b066c made the cuckchan thread (((8 hours later))) just to make his (1) post, similar to what was implying.
I was also implying that you're either the same guy with a new IP, or playing along in his game.
but no, hurrr let's count their post totals

Nigger it was a shit attempt. The first game and Link to the Past did open world much better.
Breath of the wild is the watery japanese shit from consuming too much mediocre, western, OPEN WORLD games.

OP is a literal retard btw

Oh yeah, that reminds me, BOTW has no item trading quest. I guess that's another thing to add to the list.

>doom 2 in charge of not being shit

A bit too on-the-nose for you, huh?

The breaking weapon was only implemented so that there would be something you can loot for, since the game gives no other incentive keep going after chests.

You just disproved your own argument.

BotW + dungeons + cities + no weapon degradation + motivation to pursue loot

That would be a good game.

There is literally nothing wrong with BoTW

Dragons Dogma's world was exploding with density.

While we are on the subject, is there any clearer indication that a person is incapable of critical independent thought and a slave to marketing campaigns than these angry, flailing cries of contrarianism?

or at least a degradation system that made sense and a means to repair weapons on the field. with no tangible way of telling the condition of your weapons until they're on the brink of death, it was just another reason to spend more time avoiding combat because the costs of combat ended up outweighing the garbage rewards

Pretty much. Why break one of your giant fire-swords when all you will get is a moblin horn and a wooden club?

REMEMBER VEE, IT IS OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

Yes, blindly agreeing with all reviews that BOTW is a 10/10 game despite its sub-par qualities.

It would be leages better if weapons didn't break, but instead weared off, dealing half damage instead. Then you'd need different repair items (those could be consumables then) like sharpening stones for swords, bowstrings, hammerhandles, spearheads…

The whole point of weapons is to kill enemies. When you get a giant fire-sword, enjoy killing things while simultaneously igniting them until the sword dies, because that is its purpose. What are you saving it for? A better enemy? There's only five bosses in the game and you know precisely when you'll encounter them. You people are like the assholes who collect rare cars and then don't drive them because it'll damage the collector value. What's the point in having it if you don't use it?

Go suck Sony’s cock somewhere else.

in theory, yes. This just opens up another flaw in the game with its pathetically low enemy variety. So you got your big fire sword and you think "i shouldn't waste this on a moblin" or at least my experience from other video games with one-use items would teach me not to waste good items on trash mobs but then the game has 90% trash mobs. So you start avoiding fighting them because its a waste of your resources for a pile of monster parts you still have excess of from the beginning of the game. You've stocked up on big firedick swords and fancy arrows and you go to the dungeon thinking THIS will be the place to use your cool gear and it turns out the dungeons don't even have enemies in them. The most exciting enemy in the game is a lynel which are few and far between and the rest of the time you're just running past moblins and skeletons

If you don’t understand how the statement applies, either ask or shut the fuck up and fuck the hell off, dipshit.

1. Reported for thinking you’re on cuckchan.
2. You exist to be laughed at.
3. Thanks for admitting that everything I said is correct, given that you can’t refute a word of it and that your strawmen have nothing to do with it.
Cry more, you leftist cunt. You have PHYSICAL BRAIN DAMAGE. Your amygdala is defective.

Sounds like someone hasn't been upgrading their clothing.

Wow, you might be onto something there.

No, gay tumblrite, your game will never be real.

Whenever I get a consumable buff in Dragon's Dogma, I always use it soon enough on one of the many boss-tier enemies that are scattered though the world. In BotW there's very little like that. Maybe that's why those shitty golems exist; to break all of your inventory.

never fails to make me laugh

why not making a whole new IP with the heroine saving the guy instead of graving an already stablished one?
you get more freedom to create shit and fans cannot shit on you

Here's a better idea: let the player actually use that fucking big fire sword without making it break after a minute. Is it too powerful to let the player use it nonstop? Balance it by making it use some sort of resource that isn't finite, like making it lose the fire effect if used a lot in a short period of time but then recharge over time (or better yet, balance it in some other way like just about every fucking game ever does, like making high damage weapons have short reach or slow swings or something). If you give me a big fancy special weapon I'm not going to waste its limited uses on normal shit enemies that I can just as well kill with a wooden stick. Thousands of hours of playing games has taught us to save shit because there is a very real chance that you can use it later in some way, and some stupid faggot on an imageboard telling people to be wasteful when then have no reason to isn't going to change that. Even if you can't use it, it's at least a trophy of some sort to have something fancy looking.

You're bitching at people for playing games like they're used to instead of just admitting that the design choice is fucking stupid and pointless.

Wow, that's pretty sexist.

Bumping for sweet Deku Link

Wait, did they try to make their own fan-fiction premise? Because that's literally just the OOT premise.

Skyrim isn't good at anything. If you cut off all of the fat from Skyrim, you get nothing.

The weapon durability is to distract people from the fact that it's an open world game with nothing to collect.

I’m not sure about that.

For leftists, it’s not about having what they want. It’s about taking away what straight white males have. This is the most basic thing to understand about their “cultural contributions.”

Heh.txt

Exactly like BotW, then. In Skyrim's defense, it set standards and conventions to the open-world genre that all western open-world games have been tying themselves to since (even if those standards were low and it didn't create those conventions).

If Skyrim is the iPhone of open world games, BotW is the Google Pixel.

Furthemore, if you are going to reward me with a big fucking flaming sword, I want to use it and have fun. By being like thousands of these pieces of shit and making them break is just not fun and takes out any kind of enjoyment out of exploring and discovering new shit if at the end of it there is another fucking shrine and weapon you'll either never use because everything in the fucking game is a joke, including bosses, unless is one of the few lynels roaming the map, or use it as soon as you get it because they are just worthless pieces of shit that allows you to kill the enemy one hit faster and then breaks. The breaking system creates so many fucking problems it is ridiculous. I cannot believe there is anybody willingly defending that shit.

And no, the bosses are just garbage and too easy, you weapon is going to break most of the time before reaching them anyway unless you avoid fighting and at that point, if you are actively avoiding confrontation, what is the point of getting new weapons? And if you use the environment to kill enemies, again, what is the point of the weapons then? They could have make the rewards be skills, objects and weapons with actually unique uses and that gave you new ways of facing enemies and puzzles, instead of the garbage we got. And considering how empty and unrewarding exploring in BOTW is, when the whole fucking selling point of the game was "The biggest Zelda open-world focusing on exploration", I think it is quite a problem.

This game is just wasted potential. A BOTW 2 could be fantastic if nintendo when ahead and actually made a good game, but it is not going to happen seeing as it did so well. Hell, if it is made, I'm convinced it will sell, but be a failure critically because the novelty has weared off. Of course fucking retards will still suck nintendo's dick instead of expecting then to improve their games.

What conventions did Skyrim feature that Oblivion hadn't already done?

What the fuck even drives someone to make this?
Did he think about it at all?

Though this could happen but just make it about bows and magic, two things Zelda is already known for.
Replace dungeon items with spells, summons, and possessing shit. Like here's a dungeon idea:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension

From what I read, BotW gets boring when trying to 100% it and some people prefer Skyrim because the illusion of progression, choice, freedom, and having another useless piece of shit with a unique name.

See that mountain?

you know what BOTW is gonna be? the same stuff but with an even bigger fucking map with even more barren space because they got away with it once. Once the consumer sets the bar low the studios will take the low road because they can get away with it. Everyone mindlessly showered BOTW with praise out the god damn gate and didn't take two god damn minutes to put some critical thought about the game, just "WOWEE NEW ZELDO, I LOVE ZELDO, LINK AND MASTER SWORD I KNOW THIS THING"
It's not event hat i abhorrently hate BOTW, the groundwork was cool and there were things i had genuine fun with but if you've played more than two video games in your life the cracks show pretty quickly

kill yourself

But user, an ocean is just a vast expanse of nothing, with points of interest scattered throughout it! Nothing like BOTW at all!

Show me where I said anything about defending Nintendo, you illiterate man child. I said stop sucking Sony’s cock.

You’re on Holla Forums, meaning you either pick a side or you reserve the right to get called a faggot by everyone
It’s how the board works, newfag, get used to it

Those small, desolate islands could never hope to match the density and verity of BOTW's mountains!

You get korok seeds and spirit orbs; both of which function as another form of currency. Which sucks.

and both of those solve problems that never should have existed in the first place (constrained inventory and tiny stamina gauge), so it’s almost mocking

What would be nice is a game where Link and Ganondorf are best bros whose friendship is eventually challenged by Zelda and her zealots concerned about maintaining the prophecy.

Spirit orbs also replace heart container pieces, which makes it even worse that they are necessary for the stamina gauge.

Actually let me expand on my point, BOTW is not a bad game but it fails as a Zelda and open world rpg game. It lacks the depth of the previous games and while Skyrim is a steaming pile of fecal matter it actually had shit to do in the open world, if a shit game like Skyrim could do that better then something is really wrong.

Am I the only one here who uses fire swords as warmers to bypass elixir time limits? A Godsend when hunting in the Hedra region.

I did the same thing since I couldn’t be bothered with the cumbersome and otherwise meaningless cooking. I think I only ever made speed/attack food.

The problem with Zelda is that its only good when it's doing something new. I liked Twilight Princess, and it did a lot of things right, but I hesitate to call it "the last good 3d zelda" because it did a lot wrong too. That honor probably goes to Majora's Mask, (with the respective 2d title going to Minish Cap.) When the distance between the last good game in the series and the current game is four generations, it's hard to complain. BotW didn't knock it out of the park, but it's above-average in a series with way too many complete and utter misses.

The nice thing about it is that you're able to pick whatever you want at the time, and then go back later if you need more stamina or hearts by using that Satan statue. Only way I was able to get the Master Sword was because of that.

It'd be the perfect way to use that shitty thing they started in SS and make something meaninful with it

So the open world Rpg Zelda fails at being neither a good Zelda or a good open RPG, yet it isn't bad?

I was just using that weapon as an example. Replace Fire Sword with any other breakable weapon that is rewarded to you through the game.

Didn’t like Link Between Worlds? It has its own front loading issues but I thought it was solid outside of item progression

No one would have given a single shit about BotW if it wasn't a Zelda game.

Besides the the item renting gimmick and being a shitty pseudo remake of ALttP?

Shit. Now that I think of it, I played Skyrim longer than I played BotW. What killed the game for me was the emphasis on those stupid fucking shrines.

yeah, it was more of the same, but the level design was pretty good and rewarded you for dicking around. The dark dungeon was tight

It's not as great as it could of been but it's not an awful game.

There is not much to do in BOTW and not enough to make you go back to second playthrough.

I'm glad some of the dev team cared about the game but the gimmicks fucking hurt it.

shame the game’s music isn’t memorable when it’s usually a strong point of the series, even in the weaker games. This and the Hyrule Castle theme were all that stuck out to me

Wind Waker was good faggot. Not amazing, but definitely good.

Ganondorf is criminally underused. Keeping him nebulous doesn't work game after game. I love his OOT design, and I want to play as him doing what he does

It seems like those who think that Skyrim is better than BotW think that illusions of depth is preferable to a lack of depth which I think is retarded.

Why are you talking to yourself, newfag?

There are far worse games for sure, but I would still say that BOTW is, at best, mediocre. Yet the thing is, that it could be very good, that is probably what hurts the most. All that wasted potential.
The firsts hours of the games are, in my opinion, wonderful, at least the first time you play. You are weak and without gear, in a strange land. Everything is shrouded in mystery, the world feels huge and wondrous. You find some enemies that you can take care of in multiple ways, and it seems like you can interact with the world in many ways to solve challenges and open paths in a creative manner. Is fantastic and sets great expectation for the rest of the game. Then it goes all downhill from there. Shallow quest, boring shrines, pitiful enemy variety with almost no challenge which in turn makes the decent combat feel boring and being creative pointless as you will steamroll enemies anyway and even if they do a lot of damage it is easy to avoid, awful rewards for exploring the game, soon the feeling of having an adventure disappear when you know that beyond a hidden cave or maze just lies another fucking shrine, awful dungeons, it is full of bad ideas like the durability system, limited inventory, upgrade system that is kind of annoying, and the plot, while kind of interesting at first, also fails to live up to the its expectations.

But what hurts is that with some changes it could have been a great game, thats the worst part. It has many good ideas and it almost made for a good open world game, something we hadn't have in quite a while, yet fails in the same ways Ubisoft's garbage fails, and is just sad. If it was just completely garbage I wouldn't give two shits about it, but it hurts how much better it could have been.

They're functionally identical, but at least the former shows an effort to please the player

neither game have flaws like BOTW/skyrim but receive critical praise like they do

It is like praising a service for being a nice scam. It is like saying less obvious lie is out of care for the one being lied to.

Skyrim is a shit game because they pretend that what you do in the game matters. Obviously, you aren't going to get true freedom in CRPG but Skyrim was always intended to be played forever in a single playthrough until the next TES game comes out. The civil war is more or less the same for both sides because fuck you.

?

It's a fucking shame that Zelda II was the only good Zelda game.

I remember the creator of this bitched on twitter that "Nintendo stole my idea".

The guy who made that is an SJW and SJW's cannot create, only destroy.

fucked up my post, lemme try again - no game should have flaws like BOTW/skryime but receive critical praise like they do*. If they didn't have brand names behind them they woulda got gutted by the bottom feeder critics who like to be negative about everything that does pay their banner ads

Wind Wanker is shit and even more unfinished than OOT. People only mention the art since the game itself is sub-par.

Talking about the Twilight Princess, I have the option of buying the Amiibo version for around 38$.

I've already played it back in 2006 and finished it on the Gamecube. Is there any point in buying it?

so everyone in this thread agrees that Skyward Sword is the best Zelda because it doesn't try to fool the player with illusions of freedom or exploration, put a heavy focus on puzzles and combat, has meaningful items and upgrades for them, and a well written story with memorable characters, right?

They added an bonus dungeon you can't access without that amiibo, but fuck them don't buy it.

To give the hot glue treatment to Midna or Wolf Link if you are a furfag

if you want it as a collectors item just shell out a bit extra money and buy a half decent figure instead of the mcdonalds tier amiibos

If you want to replay it, it's pretty much the definitive version. They made it less of a gigantic bitch to hunt for ghosts, so it's a good chance to go for a 100% playthrough if you didn't before.

No, it's a shit Zelda and arguably still the worst. BOTW being shit doesn't change that. SS it bad because of it's huge flaws, whereas BOTW is bad because it's empty and bland.

Honestly this is how I feel about the game.

The amount of tutorial bull shit you need to go though all the time makes a second playthough almost unbearable.

That being said I still think the final act of the game was awesome.
also Fi reminds me of HK47 so I can't hate the game.

It evokes a sense of peace and wonder in me, but that might just be bias because it’s used in a lot of the cooler places in the game, like the Hebra skeleton.

the shrine theme is just a worse version of Tower of the Gods though

These are correct statements but presented disingenuously, 3/10 bait I replied

Looks like it. Then again, I feel that 80% of people posting on this thread didn't play BotW and only shit on it by parroting some e-celeb/other anons to remedy their crippling FOMO. Everyone that played BotW, even the ones that are lukewarm about it like me or outright dislike it, knows that the game is more than the sum of its parts. It is easy to spot the criticism of someone that didn't play it and judges the game by looking at a wiki to assess its content.

This is how I feel about most open world games lately and why I'm so fucking checked out on the entire concept. Even Fallout 4 I'm willing to admit i really enjoyed the first 2-3 hours before it sank in that was all to it. Mgsv too until it hit me that I wasn't going to get many compounds to infiltrate and just shitty outposts where sniping was optimal. I just groan when devs boast their open worlds and want to fucking die when a game that previously wasn't open world goes full open

But being more than the sum of its parts is the crux of a lot of posters’ complaints, guy. It’s a good concept with hollow execution; a barren game overall save for the brief sparks of creativity and discovery where it applies itself and everything comes together. I don’t think anybody thinks poorly of the Castle, for example.

You seem upset, is it because you wasted a bunch of hours playing a mediocre game? I can understand, you don't really want to feel buyers remorse, but it's ok. You are with good people here.

Actually Skyward Sword really is my favorite Zelda behind botw

Skyward Sword is the most fun ive had in a home console Zelda, but as another already phrased it, it really is “broken glass”.

The framework is good. Now fill it with
The sheer amount of nothing in BotW makes me question why people praise this shit. My guess is reddit or incredibly low standards.

The problem was that the concept was in previous 3d Zeldas. Every open area in 3D zelda games was just there to get from point a to point b and was kind of trash. It isn't much different in this game either, only it feels even worse because point b was hardly even worth it.

quality over quantity nigga

muh brand name, muh nintendo magic, muh zeldo. You really underestimate how much normalfags worship zelda games to suck one anothers dick about how much they love zelda because they had OOT, and OOT means MAD 90S KID NOSTALGIA POINTS

Heh. I know it is there because of the quick travel system

I have play the game user. In fact, if you asked me the first days when I started it, I wouldn't have nothing but praise for it. But the fact is that the sums of its part is still not enough. I don't know if you want to imply with that picture that the game is full of journeys and wondrous places, and it looks beautiful but the truth is different.

BotW has no quality, it is all quantity. Thats the real problem. 100+ shrines do not make a good game.

BotW>0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0

hmm

Okay i have played neither Skyrim nor BoTW. I have seen play through videos of both though.

BoTW seems like a good game to me. The open world exploration and the fact that the game eschews the traditional linear path that other Zelda games have had is a nice break from the usual. The weapons finding can be a bit of a grind at times but it seems easy to figure out once you get the hang of it. I watched one guy spend 20 minutes just collecting sticks and such because he didn't want to use up the three swords he had. Its nice to see that you can use so many different things as weapons. The dungeons are weird though, from what i saw they are either empty puzzles or massive enemy filled challenges that in some cases you can easily solve without the prerequisite item from a previous dungeon. That's nice too but i prefer to get what i need and finish a dungeon quickly. And yeah the final boss fight looks more like a cheesy QTE than a real fight.

All in all i still think Twilight Princess was a better game.

I'm going to get shit for this but arguably Darksiders 1&2 were better Zelda like games then BOTW due to how they had actual dungeons and true puzzles plus more.

Speak for yourself. I still think Skyward Sword is shit.

Never played Darksiders, hear they are ok. My biggest problem isn't that BotW isn't a good Zelda or "Zelda like". Far from it, I was actually interested in Nintendo taking the game in a different direction, while taking some elements from old games. The problem is that what they have is not good.

Are you for real here? Kokoro seeds are just fucking inventory expansion, shrines are fucking shit and just a testimony that you can endure shitty reward and tedious repetitions, Skyrim has cool scenery too, hell, tons of fuckin AAA games have cool scenaries because graphics is the main concern, and random stuff, as in, fucking consumables and breakable weapons? Nintendo did better, but it still fucked up. Also useful /= fun, the Master Sword in the game is useful, is boring as fuck.

Good non-argument there. People will shit on every fucking Zelda.

The high praise it got might prevent it from ever seeing those improvements. Seems like when a game gets massive praise, developers focus on simplifying and making the gameplay more accessible in future games. I imagine this is what they are thinking now:
The next Zelda game will likely continue the perfect design of BotW. All thanks to game reviewers.

Twilight Princess is "missed potential" the game. There's so many things about it that just barely miss the mark of being something amazing. So many unfinished ideas and forced mechanics that borrow from the older titles that feel shoe horned. I could honestly write pages on what it did right and what it should have done right. What's worse is that it's still a better game than BoTW despite being more linear.

It's got the same problem as every 3D Zelda (except Majora), everything is shallow. It's all presentation and no substance.

Post it

One of the lead artists or something like that used to draw the Eds fucking each other with the same art style as the main cartoon so at least they're truer to the source material than tumblr-redraws.

I like how Eddy's father looks just as threatening as his brother.

Hey, I like NDS games a lot, doesn't mean I'll come here and be a corporate whore on all of them like certain other individuals. Plus it's a renown fact that talking about something that is about to come out is a sign of bad manners, as you can't form a concrete criticism (whether good or bad) on it if you have people gushing about it non stop before it even releases, which is what marketers attempt on Holla Forums and it's always met with the same response, porn and rejection.

Not going to shit on you for that. You are correct.