Buyers Remorse Thread

I really need to start doing more research before buying games.

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good thread.

Your favorite game

Why do you dislike the game, user?
For me, my buyers remorse would be Dead Rising 1 because I can't get the PC port to fucking work.

So pirate it first? It's your own fault, and it's not a half bad game when you've got through the early parts

Your favorite game

- Audiosurf 2
- Azure Striker Gunvolt
- DmC
- On the Rain-Slick Precipie of Darkness
- Raiden IV: Overkill
- Risk of Rain
- Axiom Verge
- CV: Lords of Shadow
- Dark Souls 2
- Mark of the Ninja
- The Polynomial
- Strider

The list goes on.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

i know your pain, fellow retard

On the bright side it's the only EA/Ubisoft/Activision/Bethesda/etc I bought since 13 and I will never buy another AAA game again, not sure how many shit games you bought though.

Here is a lost of games i bought this year and should have just pirated:

Guilty Gear Revelator 2
Dark Souls 3
Toukiden 2

I remember when this was about to come out for PC people were going fucking crazy over it, despite no one ever giving a shit about it before.
I suggested that maybe getting so hyped over something that already kind of failed on another console wasn't a good idea and people got extremely triggered.

I mean shit the game is okay, but with the excitement people had for it there was no way it wasn't going to be a disappointment to some

Shitman Absolution - it was the last game I bought at half launch price before deciding life on the high seas was better

the PC port was one of the best ones I've ever encountered. What's not working for you? please don't tell me you are on Win10

I bought a Wii U.

Wasteland 2. For $10 it taught me to avoid kikestarter which was worth it given I might have bought into Scam Citizen.

Bad taste, on my Holla Forums? It's more likely than I thought.

I just removed all ~170 games from my Steam account by actually going through Steam support, and changed my password to a random string that I don't know before uninstalling Steam completely.

Why not just sell the steam account? You could have bought more vidya with the money.

Nah. I don't trust Steam enough to believe they'll actually delete my info when I do it through their interface.

Had forgot this one:

Paid $5 to get acess to CEMU's patreon this month because muh performance improvements in the last build and i had an impulse (i got a whoping 8 fps increase) ) forgot to delete my pledge before today and got charged $5 again.

Fuck you, get out.

starbound

Overwatch is a terrible piece of shit.

I'm on Windows 8.1 and I haven't updated since Microsoft was forcing users to update to W10; whenever I open the game, I just get a black screen with the cursor and then the game crashes. I can run DD:DA just fine though.

I'm 90% remorse.

COD MW3
Watch Dogs
War of the roses

A long list of games i bought on sale and either never played or only played for an hour.

This

the specs are actually a bit lower for DD:DA compared to Dead Rising. speccy screenshot or something equivalent? Could be graphics card related, not having access to DX11 settings.

I preordered Destiny 1 thinking "Surely this game will be the exception to the 'never preorder' rule."

Never. Never. Never. Never. Never. Never. Never. Never preordering anything again. I can still feel the very unique mixture of shame, anger, disappointment in the game, and disappointment in myself, all from a single purchase. It's that sinking feeling you get when you realize you're a total sucker. Never again.

Why are you posting a pic not related?

Quality thread, OP.

THICK

Gravity Rush. God it's so fucking boring.

I wish I had never gotten this thing. I should still hack it, but I feel like I'm too retarded and will majorly fuck something up.
I should have just gotten a flash cart for my DS and never gotten the 3DS in the first place.

Do it faggot. With one of the flash cards you can trivially hack any 3DS and it opens up a lot of options, including unlimited pirating.

This
When i first started it, i was pretty amazed but Jesus Christ does it get boring. There's simply nothing else to do in the game other than flying around.
The combat is shit.
The MC only looks good on the drawings God bless japs for rendering her nipples

The only thing which was fun, was those little searching games via photos.
Everything else was dog shit.

where do I get one of these flash cards for hacking a 3DS? Is it the same as the ones for a regular DS?
Sorry, I am a complete retard when it comes to this kind of thing

(sage for double post) I know that I just have to get a blank flash card and download some kind of program onto it that lets me downgrade my firmware and all that stuff, but I'm just wondering if I can use a regular DS one or if I need one specifically for the 3DS

You don't, you have to hack it and play games from the SD card. You can't hack it past a certain firmware though.

3ds.guide/

This has all the information you need. Except for pirating. There's a 3DS thread floating around usually on here though that should explain all that.

That's wrong. All 3DS models can be broken with ntrhax, which, if he wants DS, he'll be getting a flash card. The guide has a listing. It'll be easier at some older versions though.

Thanks. That's encouraging to know that I can do this at any firmware, I was under the same impression that I would be fucked if I had updated.

Let's see here.
Obvious reasons
Holy fuck, who thought that control scheme for super moves was a good idea?
Unfinished game I got in a bundle, had potential but the devs are slow as fuck.
>Morrowind
Combat sucks ass and modding it is a chore, just like any other game from the series.
I love RPG games, but turn-based combat kills it for me. Luckily I got in a bundle
I wanted a game where I can fuck with people as the Anti-Christ, not a stealth-puzzle game.
Fuck time limits in games

ARMS was fun for a short while, but it got old rather quick. I beat the story mode a couple times, but I ran out of reasons to play after that. It's still kind of fun as a drunk party game, but I never wake up in the morning with the urge to play it.

That's a good game you colossal faggot.

8 fps is solid nigger what are you bitching about?

Overwatch. Fuck this garbage game. I didn't even buy it but it still feels like I have remorse.

Is that you jeff?

why

Your favorite game

Jesus, I don't know where to start. I think the big two recent ones would be The Division and PUBG. I got pressured into buying both, I even got the fucking season pass and installed Uplay for Division.

The Division honestly, I managed to have fun with surprisingly. Doesn't make the game good, but going full operator and being a Sentry Tank around patch 1.5 or so was fun as hell in both PvP and PvE. Then dipshit glass cannon fucks, you know the type, the edgy guys with stupid fucking names who build for maximum burst with no thought whatsoever, bitched that Tanks were fucking them up endlessly. Finally defensive stats were basically removed from the game. That isn't hyperbole, they literally just shitcanned every defensive stat. So, fuck that game.

PUBG, I hate that fucking game. It's zero skill, boring, hide in a corner for 20 minutes stupid bullshit. God dammit I hate that fucking game.

I also have Overwatch, but it was a gift and I can squeeze some level of enjoyment out of it, so I don't think it's valid.

Why do you seek to spread cancer?

If you're not 10 and being physically bullied you have zero excuses.

smh

Mate, for fucks sake, you'll be buying Lawbreakers at full price before the week is out.

NO! NOT GRAN TURISMO 2!

Oh, my sweet winter child.

that doggo girl is perfect and pure.

Niggers get off my board.

Calm down, O'Donnell.

wtf I hate thicc now
those webms are pathetic in front of cheese grater and 2 babies 1 fox, gas yourself if this somehow has shock value for you

Thanks for letting us know.

It really isnt that amazing though.. I don't thinks its a bad game like OP but I found it pretty boring

Do animal documentaries have shock value to you?

das it mane

Call me naive, but if you're buying them, can't you play 15 hours or so on steam and still return it if you don't like?

Why? Its basically the first game but expanded

Starbound
Company of Heroes 2still mad
Postal 3
FeZ
Men of War (MoW2AS is good though)
Wolfenstein Pack
Saints Row 4
Skullgirls

Longer does not mean better.

Starbound
Dark Souls 2
Dead Island
Ark: Survival Evolved
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 2
MGS 5
Shadow of Mordor
Sword of the Stars 2
X3

fuck i forgot to mention Ark

Then why is the original Witcher better than TW2?

I guess Dark Souls (one) fits the bill best. The PC port is beyond unacceptable. Worst port I've ever laid my hands on. Even with mods and hacks/fixes I couldn't get it to work properly on my machine. Still wanted to try again some time though, so didn't ask my money back when I still could.

Got it on a sale, but man does it suck.

Games that ended up sucking were luckily very cheap ones that I bought on a whim:

It looked ok, and it was rated as good, bought an never got pass playing a couple of hours and the dropping it, the incredible repetitive gameplay and dull world don't help.

Needs no explanation really

I played through the first mission and the subpar cover based shooting put my off, never played it again.

Finally got around to playing it now but it's not as good as I hoped, it fills like a chore to get thorugh some areas, I have grown tired of this games, I enjoyed Bloodborne alot and finished it, but I haven't replayed it or finished with the dungeons, and now with DK3 I'm just pushing it. Funny thing is, I could probably replay Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 no problem.

I always wondered what type of person did that.

Are you 12? The hype for this game following the announcement all the way to its console release was huge, and it had constant threads for a long fucking time.

??????????????????????????????

I wonder what happened to that guy

*sets wallet on fire*
hehehe that'll show them jews

Too many changes from the first one.. also I remember why I stopped playing the first one.. which is my team always sucks and I end up with shit teams. The pain of going through this all over again really was the final nail in the coffin.

I will fight you, nigger.