Was the PS2 overrated...

Was the PS2 overrated? Years later I realize that games on the original Xbox and GameCube tends to hold up better in terms of graphics and gameplay.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebgames.ca/
youtu.be/RL9l2Z7sh2g
shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7045
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

except they were both true nogames consoles

The PS2 had the worst ports of everything and few great exclusives like Gradius V. I generally view the PS1 much more favorably.

Didn't matter because it had a large library of great games. It's almost like that's all that matters whether or not a console is good or not.

The PS2 is known for its great library of games. It has more great games in total. Obviously, as such a huge platform, it probably has more bad games, too. But with more games overall, and a lot of them quite creative, you get tons of great content all on one platform.

Gamecube holds up well graphically because cartoony graphics age better and those were more common because Nintendo "is for kids". Nintendo made most of the best games for it, but it lasted long enough to get almost all major Nintendo properties for it.

Xbox had a handful of games total and Microsoft got really lucky with a few of them. But it's the ultimate "I only bought it for that game" console, rivaled perhaps only by the PS3.

Plus, the exclusives.

Xbox games were 30 dollars more expensive, it was poorly marketed anywhere outside the US and it's exclusives were obscure as all hell because they didn't know how to market them.
The console itself is fine but at the time Microsoft did it's best to fuck it up and it's community to this day is still one of the worse I have ever seen.

The fact that they still exist at all after E3 2013 is a testament to that.

That's true, just like the Wii and the glorified tablet that is the Switch, but it had lots of marketing and Sonys greedy shady behind it.
The Dreamcast is the best 6th Gen console due to it's great launch titles, perfect and plentiful arcade ports and great exclusives.

I don't think people praise PS2 for its graphics.

Xbox was the most POWERFUL console during that generation but the PS2 had the better library.

Which is a shame because the PS2 had the advantage from the start due to the monopoly it had on the Japanese game industry, backwards compatibility and being a cheap DVD player.

I remember always seeing Xbox titles I never heard of just sitting there on the shelf, you'd have no idea what you were in for because they all had very similar box themes and all the big Xbox titles tended to be bland if it wasn't an action game so that tended to make anything vaguely similar have a bad rap before I even bought it. Everything I ever got on the Xbox which I liked was because of word of mouth from someone else.
And now the Xbox is apparently equally if not more complicated then the Nintendo64 so making an emulator for it is a matter of trial and error and a lot of patience.

Absolute horseshit. Pretty much every game back n the 6th gen was 50 bucks new across all platforms. Budget games were between 20-20 dollars.

Confirmed for being an underage nigger.

Or maybe just from a different region because here it was
I still remember buying Operation Genesis for 20 bucks on PC and seeing the same title at 70 for the Xbox in 2005.

I'm a canuckfuck so my prices were broken at the time but the only time I remember a difference in prices between consoles was N64/PSX but that was because N64 was still using cartridges which still have a premium look at the switch.

Non-American prices always seem to be a tier higher when it comes to console games, it's not an Xbox problem.

Well condolences for living in a jewed price country, but don't go thinking your prices were universal.

Yes
But overrated doesn't mean it wasn't good

Sad thing is I wish it was like back then our prices now are closing in on 100$ per game. They'll probably reach that this year as well. Trump's tax plan is going to boom the American economy which means canuckbucks are going to plummet even more.

Jesus fuck, is this like in Quebec? I mean, Canada still shares things like release dates and ESRB ratings with America, why are prices that high in America?

Our dollar is shit because Trudeau is managing or economy. So the prices are just par to the equivalent in USD. When the entire world was in a recession Canada thrived we were barely even effected. Now that our biggest trade partner is doing great or economy is tanking.

Not how it works
Kike publishers and retails often do 1:1 with Dollar and Euro, meaning 40$ US retail will be 40€ Euro retail.
That's not the case here at all, the Xbox prices were all jacked up and the fucking thing was more like a luxury item with nogaems than anything else here.

And also that whole massive tariff thing and behind the scenes stuff pissing the Don off so Canada is on his shit list.

Bask in the glory of maple syrup's light
ebgames.ca/

Don't forget to add ~10$ for our taxes.

To be fair, Splinter Cell games were made pretty unique between the systems. Only Xbox and PC got the real versions (and the Xbox was the development version so it was just slightly better, mostly subtle AI and effects stuff), while PS2 and NGC had cut down levels, graphics, and so on.

Is it over-rated? Fuck no. Just because a system wasn't the most powerful graphically that generation doesn't make it the worst, unless you're a graphics whore. It's all about the games. I mean every system of that generation was stronger than the SNES and the SNES is still considered one of the best systems of all time. PS2 was a fine system, and the clear winner of it's generation thanks to it's library, though really the winners of that generation were the players because every system was fucking gold.

You need to uncuck yourselves and hang Cuckdeau.

PS2 had pretty bad hardware, yeah. People praise it so much though because of it's vast library of quality games, it has nothing to do with the system itself.

Overrated in its time, but great, vast library that still holds up today. THE console of its gen for JRPGs. Least powerful console of the gen by far (not including Dreamcast), ports suffered for it and, except for a few games with amazing programming like SotC, exclusives tended to be less graphically impressive than those on the other two consoles. Emulation is hit and miss. Hardest console to develop for due to both the lack of power and a strange architecture, but devs put up with it for the PS2 audience.

Overrated in America by Halo kiddies, DOA everywhere else. Does not hold up well today at all, since you can play superior ports of most of its best games on PC. Was an excellent emulation and SD media machine with XBMC in its time. Most powerful console of the gen, usually had the best ports when it got them. Might never get a usable emulator. Easiest console to develop for, being literally a PC in a box, and so unfortunately it drew a lot of western PC devs into the console market and started the downfall of the western game industry.

Massively underrated in its time, everyone dismissed it as a toy for babies. Arguably overrated today by autists, but we got an excellent emulator out of that autism. Great library, not nearly as large as the PS2, but with lots of classics worth playing today. Surprisingly not too far behind the XBOX in terms of power, so it had better ports than the PS2. Somewhat crippled by the mini DVD format. Fairly easy to develop for; some devs never bothered to learn how to exploit the Flipper chip and stuck with PS2-level graphics, but you could get some pretty impressive effects out of it if you knew what you were doing.

Loved by enthusiasts in its time, but could not stand up to the PS2 after Sega's numerous mistakes. Great library for the short time that it was on the market, but with Sega leaving the console industry most of those games eventually ended up as superior ports on other consoles.

I'm doing my best and people are pretty mad at him between paying terrorists millions in tax dollars and being the only prime minister caught taking bribes. He has a lower approval rating than Trump but it doesn't mean as much since we essentially have a 3 party system.

Too bad most of the PC ports of the time are absolute shit hatchet jobs.

Watch this video it really just breaks your heart to see just the series of bad decisions made by Sega of Japan that just destroyed Sega's console business after the giant period of growth they had in the 16-bit era.

Oops forgot link youtu.be/RL9l2Z7sh2g

even though the PS1 itself got tons of shit ports from Windows/DOS. anymore, I just play the best version of all the games I had on consoles with my much better PC hardware now that I didn't have at the time.

RETARD ALERT

Xbox games still look as good as their PC equivalent games.

The PS2 also got worst ports of games that were first ported to Dreamcast. The launch was delayed several times and they were difficult to keep in stock when it finally released.
Nobody at the time cared about how well it could play games. For many households it wasn't much more than a DVD player that could play more PSX games than the Dreamcast could. Tekken Tag Tournament was a big title during that time, too.

Halo 1 & 2 were the main reason to own an XBOX and their PC ports were superior. Unless you really want to play Panzer Dragoon Orta, that takes a lot out of the motivation to own or develop an emulator for XBOX.

Retard alert.

That and your retard PM decided to give away all of your gold for whatever godforsaken reason.

I don't get Halo. I played around an hour of the first recently and it's absolutely nothing special.

you know those retards who say 'you had to be around for half-life 2 to TRULY appreciate its gimmicks"? it's actually true for halo, it absolutely destroyed the fps industry but it was indeed unique at the time.

Not really. Sounds like you're talking from inexperience with the system. There were a lot of good games on there other than just Halo. In fact I recently spent a ton of time on it and didn't spend any of it playing Halo. It's cool if you didn't grow up with the system and don't think much of it but you shouldn't pretend to be an authority and tell others what to think.

How in the fuck could a console that lasts for nearly 15 years be a "nogames console"

if you played games on PC at the time Halo was nothing special. however if you exclusively played on consoles it was the first FPS that had actually aiming with both sticks. Then Halo 2 brought multiplayer to the console plebs. Imagine it like when quake first came out.

RPG library was hard to beat. Goes to show how much good games can make you forget how shitty they can look. I didn't like the PS2 nor the games as much as the PS1 era but they were still miles ahead of the PS3 era and PS4 era (lol).

Not true, Goldeneye had dual stick aiming, either with two controllers or with one if you used the D-pad and Analogue, it just wasn't the default control scheme so few people used it.

The D-pad hardly counts as a stick though, and even with that control scheme the game was clunky as fuck.

No it really wasn't. I just played it this past week and it was smooth and fluid, game feels fantastic aside from the low framerate. And the D-pad works just as well as WASD. Analogue walking is highly over-rated.

I'll admit it's been like ten years since I've tried the game on the original controls, but I distinctly remember it being almost entirely shit unless you went with the c-buttons for movement scheme.

I think you can play it in 60 fps with a mouse and keyboard on an emulator. Haven't tried it yet but it seems really good.

Are you retarded?

Nevermind, you are retarded. Halo 1 on PC has all sorts of missing effects and frame rate issues. Halo 2's port to Vista was legendarily bad.

Seriously, try it some time. You'll be blown away. It feels great and frankly I find it hilarious people ever even tried using the C-buttons as a fake d-pad. Still, not many people thought of holding the controller lefty style. For the record the control scheme to use is 1.2 solitare, controls just like a modern FPS: D-pad walks and strafes, analogue aims.

I've heard this, but haven't tried it. Apparently there is an emulator specifically for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, I'll have to check it out some time to see them at 60 fps, especially Perfect Dark which will dip to fucking 8 fps at times. I almost worry that it will become too easy with M&KB, but then I remember how hard 00 Agent setting is with an analogue.

You either made your hands become oddly positioned and you got used to it for all N64 games or you simply turned the controller upside down. Eventually you got so good at it you didn't notice.

My experience with mouse emulation for N64 titles is that it is hit and miss, you will have trial and error to figure out which functions should be tied to the mouse and sometimes it'd feel awkward anyways. Some N64 games are borderline with the keyboard and i wouldn't recommend N64 emulation without a controller.

Also you know fuck all about console to PC ports during the 6th gen. See: any game Konami ported to PC, or the ass port of Sonic Adventure to PC.

He probably believes PS2, Gamecube and Xbox released at the same time.

Honestly even when Halo was new when it came to console fps I was spoiled by Perfect Dark what with it's fun weapons and levels that weren't just 5 rooms copy and pasted 30 times like Halo 1 & 2. 3 was fun but I never owned a 360 so I only played it once in a blue moon. My goto console fps that gen was Timesplitters & it's a shame how heavily ignored that series was.

Funny people went so far as to play upside down when the control scheme they were looking for is right there, they just have to hold the controller a weird way that not a lot of games used (only other one I can find outside of FPSes is a Twin Stick Shooter only released in Japan). Mind you, I'm talking shit but I never figured it out when I was a kid. I just didn't play N64 FPS games because I hated the controls. It's been really fun to rediscover them with this new scheme, for the record the Turok games also can be controlled with D-pad for movement and Analogue for aim.

Read up on what heavily ignored means.

The OG Xbox was Hidden Gems: the Console, as previously stated the games were lucky and undermarketed but a good game is a good game. You don't know what you're talking about you hunched gorilla.
I fucking wish, stop talking out your ass.
Some were forced into like what Bethesda did to the Cthulu devs.

I think I never favored it because I'm not left handed and at the time I didn't play PC games, so the thought of doing much more than general aiming with the left hand threw me off.
It also probably didn't help that Goldeneye (and TWINE) had autoaim on all but the hardest difficulty.

The autoaim is a pain for sure, really ruined MP (though not surprising given MP was thrown on at the last second by one guy on the development team smoking meth and staying up for days before launch).

My nignog, I knew I forgot that one.

Anyone who still parrots the "OG Xbox being nothing but a Halo machine" meme is undoubtedly underage and only Microshit consoles from the 360 onward.

I rented and played the sequel on a whim and sort of enjoyed it.
Was the original better?

It took autists 20 years to figure out Winback's grey square bug was actually tied to moving water textures my hopes are not high for the Xbox.

I will never forgive how Micro$oft fucking squandered the good will of the Japanese developers in order to cater to the braindead with a small attention span Dudebros that eventually destroyed their market share with shit exclusives that find their way to Windows 10

Also
Not until 7th gen, consoles still had hardware differences that made games harder to bring to PCs which brought up the trend of having different games under the name or having mediocre ports.

Don't forget Metal Wolf Chaos, how the good Splinter Cell games ran the best on Xbox especially DA, Outrun 2, Ghost Recon 2, Xyanide, Whacked, the console is extremely underrated in the way that Italy is underrated especially with all those Jap exclusive games for whatever fucking reason Japs thought it'd be a good idea assuming it wasn't for muh power. To be fair to the 360 it has Ace Combat 6, Deadly Premonition, Saints Row and Forza Horizon so assuming that the console is dirt cheap now it'd be alright to get one.

First game has more platforming.

Good enough of an excuse for me to try it.

You can blame that on a couple things; first was Bill Gates presentation to a number of developers (such as Konami and Square) at I believe TGS in 2001. The presentation was supposed to be this sort of eulogy to the recently deceased Isao Okawa of Sega and about forging bonds between American and Japanese devs. Bill then went wildly off script and basically turned it into a big sales pitch that came off as poor taste to the audience.

Microsoft also employed a brain dead marketing department that told them releasing the Xbox in Japan with its black color scheme was bad because Japs equate the color black with death. Never mind that PS2 was fucking black.

Indeed good choices. Reminder OG Xbox has by far the best version of Double Agent.

lol here comes the XBOX defense squad, like clockwork.

What said.

I owned one at the time, as did most of the kids I knew. All anyone played was Halo, especially once Halo 2 came out with Xbox Live support. They were THE games to own an XBOX for. In the long run I ended up spending more time using it as an emulation machine. I had the fucking rips of games like Panzer Dragoon Orta and JSRF but I could never get them to launch through XBMC so eventually I gave up on the rest of the system's library.

Almost all of those are very niche games. Every time I say this someone flips their shit, but the point is that Halo 1 & 2 were the main draw for the vast majority of XBOX owners, there is little reason for most people to own the system today without them as exclusives, and you will probably never see a good XBOX emulator because of that. Are there good hidden gems on the XBOX? Of course, I wish I could have gotten them to work when I still cared. But they are vastly outnumbered by the good exclusives on the PS2 and Gamecube.

Seriously, compare the Xbox's exclusives to the PS2 or Gamecube. There are so many more popular exclusives on both. There is a reason why Dolphin is as high quality as it is, and still no remotely usable XBOX emulator in 2018 (happy new year faggots).

A moot point since it is the only way to play Halo 1 online without fucking with Xlink Kai.
There are mods today that fix the problems. I tried it recently, campaign is solid and multiplayer is decent but sorely needs a password protection option.

Admittedly I could have avoided a lot of kvetching if I had gone with my gut and said I was mainly talking about the Halo ports.

Not an argument.
That they're more or less the same? No one is denying the PS2 had far greater library and exclusives, but the Gamecube? It barely has a few more exclusives than Xbox.
Because Nintendo has autists. Xbox emulation is a pain in the ass because of the system and also because people like you spreading disinfo and the Halo machine meme.
It may have online, but it's still a gimped port.
And for a long time it was such as ass port that people would rather stick to Halo 1 on PC.

If you didn't rely on your anecdotal evidence of not getting a couple of games to run on your modded Xbox as a reason to ignore the rest of the system's library.

The hardware was easier to translate and Nintendo has a large dedicated fanbase, the only people who remember the OG Xbox are some people who played those niche games and Halo kiddies like you. The last hope for any emulator was literally destroyed by a Redditor which you've must've heard of.
What about single-player?
So.

WEW

I should rephrase to how it's currently ignored and how the Halo kiddies of yesteryear are thee ones singing the praises of how Halo was the first console fps "that did it right" and that period before Call of Duty 4 where you had to be "the Halo killer" instead of just making making a shooter with bunch of fun weapons. Resistance kinda came close on the fun weapons but nobody cares about Resistance I just wanted Timesplitters 4.

It's true that details tend to age better than MUH GRAFIX, but Gamecube had some fucking stunning games that Xbox/PS2 never matched. Off the top, Metroid Prime and F-Zero GX were absolutely beautiful and still hold up. Even the PS2's baby Shadow of the Colossus does not look as good.

Fucking this. For a PC gamer who doesn't fap to JRPG garbage, this was the best console to own.

X360 had Chromehounds and Ace Combat 6. That means it was a good console too, right?

Halo did to FPS what World of Warcraft did to MMOs. It took years to undo the damage from this era of gaming.

I've played more then a few games for N64 solely with a keyboard through emulation. I actually beat Conkers Bad Fur Day with a keyboard(though there is that part at the end where you need to emulate the joystick with a mouse or it's literally impossible to complete). I think it all depends on the game to determine if you really need a controller or not when emulating 64 games.

2018 off to great start on Holla Forums I see.

I want to eat that bird

This needs to fucking stop, many people who discuss this even own all the platforms.

And I want you to contribute to the thread you shit OP

fuck you

How do you think it would taste?

the rule is pretty much in place to stop discussion that hurt mods feelings. it helps a lot of mainstream narrative propagate too because it generally means the person who gets banned is the one arguing against the status quo.

Jet Force Gemini was a bitch to play on keyboard. And some parts of Mario 64 were unnecessarily harder if you didn't use one.

if you aren't using a controller for these games you're kind of a retard or are really poor/underage

That's not actually that amazing, Trump's approval rating is almost as good as Obama's in the first year.

Good news is it's cheap and easy to mod an Xbox to run games off the hard drive. Honestly one of the easier systems to collect at the moment, though I'd grab the HD AV kit while you can as that's starting to get sought after.

Holy shit, the PS2 version of Chaos Theory looks like a Wii port of a 7th gen game. I've only ever played or seen the PC version.

For a little background: The PS2 & Gamecube versions were both the same and both had considerably stripped down graphics. This was true of all the Splinter Cell ports for those systems. Only Xbox and PC got the real games (and interestingly only Xbox got the best version of Double Agent made by the same team behind Chaos Theory, meanwhile PC and the next gen consoles got something made by the Shanghai team behind Pandora Tomorrow and Gamecube and PS2 got, again, trimmed down versions with cut back graphics and levels).

Pretty sure it's white, not black, that's associated with death

I know all of that, I just assumed that the PS2 version ran and looked worse with CT instead of basically being another game with a completely different atmosphere. Double Agent remains my only SC game I have yet to play because it's such a god damn pain to track down and get running, and the worst part is that I'm on the PC version which was the absolute worst of them all. I actually heard that while the Shanghai team DA was different, it wasn't directly bad and had some really interesting ideas.

Bullshit, Trump’s approval rating is way higher than Obongo’s.

Next-Gen DA is okay, it's not a bad game at all, it's just that the Xbox version really feels like an expansion to Chaos Theory, so if you loved Chaos Theory (which most Splinter Cell fans did) and wanted more then Last-Gen DA is something you'll love. Both are worth playing though.

Consider grabbing an OG xbox and modding it if you love Splinter Cell because the best games in the series are on it and they all work wonderfully without any issues, and it is the only place to play the Double Agent from the team in Montreal who made both Splinter Cell 1 and Chaos Theory and is sort of there farewell to the old style of Splinter Cell before heading on to Conviction.

Obviously Xbox was the Halos but what was PS3?

There was article detailing the Xbox's downfall in Japan, and it was specifically mentioned that Microsoft's head of marketing in Japan thought releasing the Xbox in black was a bad idea in Japan because black = death. Of cource that's retarded, but it shows how clueless Microsoft was about the Japanese market.

PS2 is a shit game

I'd love to but truth be told it's just not viable for me. I'd probably have to pay too fucking much to get one, and playing games on consoles just isn't my thing because I was born with PC.

Vastly overrated. Having owned all three, PS2 was a piece of shit that was simply the Wii of its era.

If it wasn't for it being the cheapest DVD player, no one would have given a shit.

Sure, I can understand if they're harder to come by where you are, if you're ever in America for any reason maybe you can snag one. Shame you'll never get to play that version of Double Agent though.

Alien Resurrection for the PS1

Most of my friends managed to wrangle PS2s into their homes simply because it functioned as a cheap DVD player in addition to a video game console. Sadly, I never got one until way late in its life cycle.

That is just retarded on so many levels. Not only is it wrong, but it's based on Western color symbolism. By that logic, why was the Xbox released with a black color in the West if it's "the death color?"

Well, considering the PS2 was underpowered compared to the competition, it's understandable that games had to be downgraded graphically. Not really a graphics whore myself so for me it's not an issue.
If it's the same game, then obviously it's going to be the same gameplay. If we're talking exclusives, then the PS2 shits all over everything else. It still is the most sold console of all time i believe. Not even the Wii sold as much.

I honestly don't care what faggot who own ps2 think.
I love the xbox original now more then ever due to low priced games and lots of goodies to pick up. ps2 is reddit tier garbage pic is collection of arcade games worth checking out their are multiple edition of them, all worth checking out

Hasn't Microsoft been shit about international prices since 1975?

Only the DS came close, selling about 2 million units less.

>pic is collection of arcade games worth checking out their are multiple edition of them, all worth checking out
The xbox is shit for retro collections because it doesn't do 240p.

How could you forget Munch's Oddysee? I'm probably nostalgic for it, but I can still remember the atmosphere and gameplay over a decade later. It wasn't great, but it was good enough and really unique.

Munch's Oddysee has a PC port, nigger. They're still updating it.

I just saw it and I have to say, I've never had a new year start off this well.

Suit yourself.

The PS2 was an underpowered system for sure.
But it does have the best racer of all time.

Look, I have baited a fake expert!

The XBOX was a PC. Why would a PC have better ports than a games console? Lets look at the PS4 and XBONE. Why do these games look better than the Switch. It is difficult to say.

didn't know Holla Forums cared so much about the PS2 being underpowered and seems the majority of people here like the xbox because it was more powerful
I guess the HALO kiddies from back in the day never really grew up and now they just hang out here

Birds are very important

low IQ thinking

Gran Turismo, Demon Souls, Ratchet & Clank, or Sly Cooper

Kept alive via contracted exclusives and shovelware, much like the wii was.

Shut the fuck up retard PS2 had all the games and in terms of performance both consoles crushed Gamecube, you're just a fucking retard and probably were overly fond of Nintendo as a kid. Kill yourself if you're making any argument that ps2 wasn't the objective best console. This is the most stupid thing I've heard.

Munch My Fucking Ass

the xbox could do 7th gen level graphics. it just didnt have the devs and their games for it.

well kinda but also not really. ps2 could also do things that the 360 only just started supporting and making mainstream, consoles just went through a notably large shift in how they approach hardware design.

shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7045

It works great but GoldenEye is easier partly due to the AI being shit. Also, the game logics is tied to the FPS for GoldenEye. Perfect Dark isn't affected by this as much and is still more enjoyable to play. Logic isn't tied to the FPS in that one.

Halo was nothing special at the time it came out if you had already been playing PC FPS games. Also HL2 is a genuinely bad sequel to HL1 and on its own one of the most overrated games ever. I never understood the hype and praise it got. Even in 2004 I thought it was pretty mediocre and I could barely muster bothering to finish it.

And that Microsoft completely abandoned the console in 2006 in favor of the 360.

no it was pretty great, seamless flow from vehicle and on foot game play including air vehicles, great enemy AI with tons of personality, an interesting combat system designed around two different types of weapons and a really solid co-op component. Had its flaws in a lot of its levels being pretty poor but it managed to get by even with that.

I mean, what was there that compares on PC? I played Doom, Duke 3D, HL, CS, Starsiege tribes, tribes 2, blood, system shock 1 & 2, chasm, powerslave, dark forces 1 & 2, really, what was there? I've heard this meme before, grew up playing these games before Halo even hit the scene, and still don't know what mystical game that Halo is aping is out there. None of these are alike enough or offer the same thing Halo does as its own package.

The Gamecube also had some decent features that made it unique back in the day, like the portability, using 4 GBAs as controllers, the Game Boy player, and some autists still do some impressive shit with their Gamecubes nowadays, like that one user who created a "Megacube" or some shit like that using 4 gamecubes.
But then again most of the exclusives and features that made the GC unique have been lost to time and other companies, and now the only people who care about it and the only reason anyone bothered making a GC emulator was smashniggers and hardcore nintendrones. And unless you're a graphics autist you won't really notice much of a difference between PS2 and GC ports anyways.
It was a great console, but i think it was always too niche to be considered a serious competitor to any other console on the 6th gen, and the "that's kiddie shit lolz" mentality didn't help it either.

Not trying to start a West vs Japan war, but all the "shovelware" on the PS2, as well as the PS1 and even DS could be filtered out easily with imports and japanese titles. The Wii, much like any other 7th gen system, barely had that.
Also, "quality-over-quantity" doesn't mean shit if variety must be sacrificed. That's why nintendo became niche. And the reason why PS3 and PS4 were shit is because they didn't have an inch of the variety that the PS2 had, both in gameplay, genres and audiences. "quality-over-quantity" fags sound like the kind of casuals who hate researching for good small games and would rather have everyone play AAA blockbuster shit instead.

>Consolefags