Snake

A lot of classic games constantly get copied and re-mad and get twists made based on them.
Tetris has been done in 3D, 4D, as an RPG, with a round bottom, etc etc.
Pacman's being milked constantly, Space invaders started it's own genre, basically.

But one game that I rarely see warped is Snake. Snake is usually either done straight-forward or with only very minor changes
Does Holla Forums know any fun snake-like-games that put an interesting twist on the game?
I know two flash-based ones
kongregate.com/games/bluemoose19/snakey
your snake can move in any direction, controlled with your mouse, and follows some more realistic rope-being-dragged-on-the-floor physics.
kongregate.com/games/netgrind/snakes-on-a-cartesian-plane
About 20 different twists on a classic snake, including "your snake is invisible", "food moves around all the time" or "your snake poops out walls that you must not touch

I ain't putting this in the flash game thread, because I'm interested in snakes specifically, no matter if the game is flash, mobile, an steam, whatever

Other urls found in this thread:

old-games.ru/catalog/?properties[]=podobie-zmejki
mobygames.com/company/egames-inc
placatethecattin.itch.io/snakelike
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Snake vs Block

In my opinion one of the best new takes on the classic

Snake Rewind, from the same guy who did Nokia's own.

I used to have one of those shovelware CDs and it had Snake Arena SE on it. It was a surprisingly well done Snake game with lots of levels and local multiplayer where two people could play on the same keyboard. I remember playing this with my sisters and having quite a lot of fun. If I can get into AGDG I'd like to make a Snake clone like this.

this looks cool. Can I play it on PC somehow?

Maybe an Android emulator like Bluestacks?

now there's an idea

pls no

Isn't that full of malware?

Not totally related, but I've seen an iteration of Snake where it gets fatter and fatter the more you eat apples, changing the way you move on the board.

old-games.ru/catalog/?properties[]=podobie-zmejki

Post more

what the fuck i had this shit too, do you remember the name of the cd?

iirc it had a bunch of other games on it like an earthworm jim clone, and a word game called lexicon

surely slither.io counts for this with being online multiplayer?

Doesn't actually have much to do with Snake, besides sharing an animal.

Fucking retard.

Armagetron and Armagetron Advanced come to mind.
Grind against trails to gain speed, don't hit walls, don't trap yourself. There's some leeway as to how wall hits are registered. You have a small buffer that slowly regenerates, and whenever you're driving directly into a wall, it'll consume that instead of instantly killing you. That's the mechanic that makes online play work.
I remember some maps that had different objectives as well. More like a team-based CTF sort of deal, except there wasn't a flag, and you just had to sit in the opposing side's circle for how ever many seconds in a row it took. So you generally had some defenders going around in very tight routes and some attackers trying to bust in.

Sorry, I don't remember the name of the CD. It was a German CD, so it probably wouldn't be of much worth to you anyway. All I remember is that most (all?) games were from the same company: eGames
mobygames.com/company/egames-inc
Hope this information is useful to you.

Well said, you sure taught him a lesson
RIP in peace user

This is a cute version of the game. It actually predates the Nokia game. Turns out the earliest versions are old as fuck.

You know, this just reminded me there's some guys working on a Snake-themed roguelike. Where having more segments affects your max health and attack, you can find items and equip them to different segments, you can get cut in half if a middle segment gets destroyed, etc. I believe the magic system works that you cast spells by twisting your body into a specific shape.
placatethecattin.itch.io/snakelike

Kinda lackluster at the moment, but an interesting concept.
What's the benefit to having a longer tail? Do you get more points the longer it is?
I found that once I extend beyond 5 segments, it's better to lose the rest.

I had an idea for snake-themed roguelike where the "snake" is adventuring party, and every segment is a character.

Look closer next time.

Why do these cunts only ever appear under "Special Thanks" or something similar? They weren't credited for game design, programming, music or seemingly anything else about the game. What's their deal?

Got a screencap or an archive? Sounds like a fun thread

I remember thinking this game was pretty cool. You basically control two snakes at once and you have to "cross" them together to produce eggs and then protect the eggs.

I'd love to be a developer on one of those companies. Making simple shitty games all day with some stupid twist on the original. I bet they have more fun than those AAA developers.

Everybody has more fun than AAA developers.
About 5% of people working in AAA game companies are actually allowed to be creative.

Special thanks often translates to "by the way here's a list of my friends".

is there a snake game where you eat 2dqts?