Do people still play Quake 1 Team Fortress, or Q1 Death Match?

Do people still play Quake 1 Team Fortress, or Q1 Death Match? I'm running Kali linux which is basically Debian. Do I have to install Steam? are there even servers for Q1?

Other urls found in this thread:

tldp.org/HOWTO/Quake-HOWTO-3.html
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=540913274
quakeservers.net/quakeworld/servers/
quakeworld.nu/
ezquake.github.io/
fte.triptohell.info/
fodquake.net/
nquake.com
q2s.tastyspleen.net
quakephil.com/thunderdome/?sid=87
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

when i look at links like this
tldp.org/HOWTO/Quake-HOWTO-3.html
&
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=540913274 ← here is why i thought i might need steam

I'm just not sure where to start guide wise or which engine to use

This is bait, right?
Amazing.

Yea I think Kali Linux is pretty interesting and that is why I installed it. is there anyone who can point me to a guide in regards to getting quake 1 running and doing multiplayer? Also are there still servers & people playing q1 or team fortress?

Son, how old are you?

You're under aged as fuck.

GOG Quake has Linux support IRC.

These kids not knowing about Source ports

there isn't a scene for Q1 anymore. There are servers for it but it'd be hard to actually find someone to play with.j

You are one idiot, user.

is it mostly just bots on the servers and no actual humans playing?

Servers should be packed right now as lots of people just got this for Christmas.

yes

We already have a quake thread you fucking newfag check the catalogue

ishygddt

If you find a Quake MP community you can probably get relatively consistent 1v1 matches but you'll get curbstomped by people who have been playing for years. Seriously, I tried getting into it and if they're feeling mean they can 50-0 you, getting a single cheap kill will feel like an accomplishment. You might occasionally get a team match but they'll usually be 3v3 at most and you'll still get your shit pushed in and drag down your team since everyone else is likely a Quake autist.

You're better off looking at the single player scene, Quakespasm is a great source port and the maps the community puts out are amazing. It's a lot smaller than its doom counterpart but the bar is raised much higher.

Also this:

I used to play quake a long time ago in the 90s and while I am out of practice now its just a fun game I want to play again.

git gud

TF is almost extinct, you will get 1on1s or FFA games tho, see
quakeservers.net/quakeworld/servers/
quakeworld.nu/
No you dumbass, all you need is .pak0 and .pak1 files from original Quake [JUST pirate those or if you are megadumbass I can upload them 4u faggot] + sourceport, see either of them
ezquake.github.io/ [most common but also the most meh one with quirky bugs, better windows support than loonix]
fte.triptohell.info/ [good advanced win+loonix port]
fodquake.net/ [good mainly loonix port]
quality vid related, the end shows the sad state of quack teamfortress.

y tho

much higher quality vid upload here, but splitted into 3 parts

pt2

pt3

Well, duh, the game was F(L)OSS'd almost two decades ago. Any Quake runs on almost any platform.

Newfags don't know about the sourceports

Are yo u fucking stupid?

Yes people still play it. I play Quakeworld almost daily and Quake 2 as well. All you need is nquake.com for Quakeworld and q2s.tastyspleen.net for Quake 2.

This is outright false there's a Quakeworld league going on right now I just participated in and one for Quake 2. Vanilla Quake 3 is dead but CPMA still gets tournaments.
quakephil.com/thunderdome/?sid=87

MegaTF is played every friday night.

Kali linux is for wannabe hackers, retard. His question makes sense because he is clearly a fucking novice.

Should we do a Quake world Holla Forums game night?

Someone did a digital paint 2 night that was a lot of fun. I would love to do some quakeworld TDM, action quake 2, or gloom.

Man I'd love to join something like this but I have like 300 ping to the US.

If we did something like gloom you could be in a dedicated construction role or play a hatchling where latency isn't as important.

If you want to play Q1 you should at least go and play some of the single player content.

pretty much everything released since 2012 has been the best first person shooter levels of all time. nyarlathotep remains one of my favorites

Go on quakenet IRC, check the usual channels. Also a lot of qw players are on discord, as long as you can find one channel you can ask someone where the rest of them are, they will be able to help you a lot more than this thread

Well they did install linux without having a pirated copy of win7 in case of incompatibility issues.
So at most Very Retarded.

That's pretty funny OP, I hope your thread is deleted painlessly

He installed Kali Linux, he's retarded

I'd host one. We'd just have to decide on the engine/port and make it clear why we're using it over the others for faggots who complain we aren't using the one they prefer.

People play quakeworld, but it's not easy to find games without knowing people who play it and organizing them through irc and such. So, look into quakeworld and join the relevant irc's/whatever people are using now.

Quakeworld/Quake 2 autists are obsessed eith retaining backwards compatibility so as long as you use a quakeworld or quake 2 client that doesn't fuck anything up you're in the clear. The go-to clients though are ezQuake and Q2PRO you can get from

I used to play tons of Tribes 2 classic. Everyone in thr community seems to just be waiting for midair to come out since it's f2p tribes 1 slightly streamlined