I'm a huge fan of the excavation mechanic that is frequently used in games that feature archeology/paleontology...

I'm a huge fan of the excavation mechanic that is frequently used in games that feature archeology/paleontology. You know, the one where you have a piece of rock/soil and you have to use tools to delicately uncover the fossil hidden beneath without damaging it, or collapsing the wall, etc.
Some examples I can think of are

Now, I'm trying to find some more games that feature it, or preferably - are based all around it. Does Holla Forums know any? It's not exactly something that's easy to search for.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84307/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84307/

I know that literally every game in the history of game development has been ported into a Skyrim mod, but could I pretty please ask for a standalone game, and not a skyrim mod?

sad bump

The only things I have are autismblocks and it's probably not what you want.

Spectrobes, look it up.

Kay, gonna check this one out.
Seems to me like it plays about as much role in the game as Fossil Hunters

I know it's not quite archeology, but right now all I can think of is that the first Mario Picross for the SNES had an archeology theme going on, what with the chisel and hammer for a cursor, every picture being on an ancient stone tablet.

what's the funny thing

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Oh fuck is that the pokemon Diamond/Pearl underground?

Yo, buddy, the game in that screenshot is "Fossil Fighters". Fossil Hunters is the upcoming game that you're trying to "subtly" build interest for. And if they're dumping their budget on low-quality advertisement like this, it can't be a good game. (A pity; the Fossil Fighters games were awesome.)

Oh boy. My mistake, no shill intended. I had 0 idea that this game existed until you mentioned it just now. I just remembered that the NDS dino-mon game had some really generic name with 'fossil' in it, typed 'fossil hunters' into jewgle and lo and behold, all the top screenshots are from the game I had in mind.

pathetic bump
I've been trying to figure out if those minigames are based on some pre-existing arcade game or something, but all I got was that bulpapedia claims sinnoh underground is "similar to minesweeper or battleships"

Be sure to buy the latest RG30222 game!

Spectrobes for the DS features this.

Some SS13 codebases have some pretty autistic artifact excavation

Crikey.

Youtube truly is cancer of the modern age.

If it works, it works, right?
I just wish that the video was all about CS:GO gambling, that would be the best.

miner

what

What game is that from?

Goddamn, I can hear the show's opening guitar riff in my mind from viewing that.

Spectrobes, which was Disney's attempt at a monster collecting game

Sounds like scratch & win tickets.

Fossil Fighters as a series is pretty okay. Not the greatest for monster battlan' but they'll definitely scratch your fossil cleaning mini-game needs.

Oh man, when they finally get around to making a Made in Abyss videogame, this is SO going to be a part of it!

Well, the mangaka worked on games, and originally intended Made in Abyss to be a game, so it seems like a natural fit
But it didn't become a game, because nobody wanted to make it, and Nice Things don't happen, so it's likely that any games that come out of this will be your generic licensed anime shovelware with 90% of the length being a crappy VN

Made in Abyss could be turned into a great game, but only if you don't play as Reg or Riko. Maybe be some fucknut in one of the events from a thousand or two thousand years ago, assuming stuff just goes haywire when someone makes it to the bottom and everyone dies upstairs.
Of course that'd mean missing out on those sweet sweet weebbucks since your average otaku is going to want his crying loli and sweet smelling furball, and it'd probably be heavy spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched or read the source material. So pretty much no one is gonna want to make it yeah.

What
See this is what I'm talking about, dude wanted to make his own video game and nobody actually wants to see his vision come to life, even if it was made into a game nobody would let it be made unfucked

Sure, the game would be great as a linear experience with predetermined events and skipping 80% of the world and without any archeology. I can't wait to follow a quest marker to that one Giant's Cup so I can watcha cutscene of Riko getting stabbed with poison.

I don't want to but I will add SS13 to the short list of games with something like that. Some servers have or had xenoarchaeology. You can be a science man in space with a whole set of picks trying to unearth strange things buried in asteroids, all while attempting to not be murdered by your fellow science men. There is the problem though, you have to deal with other people, most of them horrible.

Well, yeah
There's nothing wrong with linear games, user

You can dig my 12 foot dick out of your ass after I bury it in.

I think he's saying he wants to play a game where you explore the Abyss and live the exciting and dangerous life of a delver. Not simply playing out the exact events of a story as written by MiA's author with no freedom.

The third fossil fighter game, which you should stay away from. The other two are worth playing.

i remember wario land 2 had shit loads of arbitrary secret walls. it was good at wasting time if thats what youre after

everything is a pun if you want it to be, I guess