River City Ransom: Underground

Great game, very underrated. Story kinda sucks but everything else is top tier. Enemy variety, character variety, move variety, location variety, just VARIETY rules the game.

I haven't see Holla Forums talk about this game so let's do it now. What's your favorite character? Mine is Glen, with his fast spinny kick can clear out rooms easily. But I just picked him because of his looks, and he turned out great.

I hope it comes to Switch. A lot of smaller digital store games are getting ported. I just don't see the value in buying any games like this on anything other than the Switch now.

Is it still a buggy piece of shit?

The version I pirated wasn't.

What about all the epic 80s references? Does your pirate release not have those either?

What's your point? I don't really know much about the 80's. Let's talk about the game.

I am talking about the game.
How about those combos shown in the trailer that you can't do anymore?

Maybe this is not the best reason to dislike a game.
But all of the characters have gloves. I can't get over it.

It's just so silly. It's ridiculous.

I don't know anything about that. Maybe they decided they were overpowered?

Yeah, it's not a good reason to dislike the game.

All the hoopla about gameplay on Holla Forums, and yet no one has said anything about gameplay yet.

THIS GAME NEEDS MORE SOCIAL JUSTICE

It's easier to punch people with gloves.

The only thing I don't like about RCRU is the fact that they hired some cunt known for breaching contracts and filing false DMCA claims to make the music, and now the replacement soundtrack doesn't fit the fucking game. It's decent music, but none of it seems to fit the scenes it takes place in.

Yeah I heard about that. It sucks, but you can pirate an earlier version with the old soundtrack. That's what I did. Maybe I'm missing some updates, but whatever.

I have several versions of the closed beta still, so maybe. Thinking about it now, I'm irritated that my gameplay suggestion to the developers got perverted into the most aggravating part of the game. I suggested that they add a minigame where you race from point A to point B while carrying an item, and you would get paid on your delivery speed and the condition of the item. Getting hit or running into a wall would damage the package. What did we get? FORCED MILK DELIVERY MISSION TO ADVANCE THE PLOT.

And play a buggy piece of shit

[checked]
Dubs speak the truth.

Is this the scott pilgrim ripoff I hear people screaming about?

Okay, I've reached the end of the game, and the clone shit is unnecessary. Why can't it be just regular fights between people?

They just had to fuck it up. I loved the game before the clone shit. It's still great but the clone shit leaves a bitter aftertaste.

I can't believe your age is showing but Scott Pilgrim videogame is a clone of the original River City Ransom

I think a lot of people here are just incapable of enjoying things.

Sure things these days aren't as good or indepth or bug free as they used to be.

But I cant go through life like screaming Holla Forums man. Sometimes it's okay that something isn't perfect. Enjoy it for what it is.

I enjoyed the Boxer guy because I like punchin'.

It's okay user, a lot of people a retarded. You're not alone.

Rival Showdown was infinitely better, and I'm surprised it's not getting a lick of recognition unless I've been living under a rock considering it's the best Kunio game to come out in a while. It's not even on Freeshop, last I checked.
Seriously, more of these games need to be translated.

I didn't like how it controlled compared to the original and that's a pretty big deal for me. Those controls were just really to the point without any fluff.

Are there any pantsu in the game? If not, why are you wasting your time?

It's like Senran Kagura but for gays.

That's interesting, because that was the same thing that really felt off to me. The original controlled beautifully using two buttons and the control pad, whereas this one requires not only all four face buttons, but also drags L and R into the mix… and for all that, doesn't really add very much.

I can see the appeal of a separate Jump button (and the recent River City 3DS games have that too), if it were optional, but as it is the game just doesn't feel right. At least, it doesn't feel like RCR. It actually becomes more enjoyable if you think of it as its own thing and stop expecting it to play anything like River City, and that in itself feels like a big flaw in something that was sold as a dream revival of a long-dead series.

That, and some really weird design choices (having to do the entire Merv elevator sequence over if you die upstairs; everything about the Milk Run; cops attacking you if you accidentally punch someone who's "not playing"; having a "level up" system that doesn't raise your stats but the CAP on your stats) hurt the game almost as much as ASW suddenly deciding to flood 3DS with new River City games.

I wish there was a happy medium, as Tokyo Rumble felt a bit TOO much like the NES one (and blatantly recycled the exact same music), whereas RCR:U feels nothing like the original (and had music that was totally different and not very good.) Haven't played it since the patch hit, I hope the new music is an improvement.

I did hear they dialled back the police state a bit, which is also nice.