Why do we suck so much at debates?

Why do we suck so much at debates?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/113939387
youtube.com/watch?v=5Du-wt_aVpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hello Holla Forums!

Remember that time Chomsky skated circles around Molyneux? I do.

where's the original video? what's even being discussed? Chomskek makes some banal points about the history of anarchism and Molyjew nods in apparent agreement.

Because we assume or opponents care about theory and don't purely argue from their feelings

They're discussing anarchism. Molymeme doesn't know basic history so all he can do is sit there while Gnome lays out some basic history.

Get autistic tankies to debate and maybe we'll stand a better chance

I would watch Unruhe debate Sargon on fucking pay per view.

Type in noam chomsky, stefan molyneux into youtube. watch stefan refuse to engage in his usual childish attitudes in the presence of a real academic.

first rule of winning is don't bother if you can't win.

Leftism is based on hundreds of years of theory

Right wing thought is just reactionary feels and moronic conspiracy theories

Here is double edge sword argument I'll issue for both right wingers and "ourguys." The problem is only people that are at least partially stupid and vain are willing to go out and advocate for things on something as public as youtube. The younger and dumber you're the more likely you'll want to be in the public eye. This is why we end up with Muke's, LSR's and Reddit Absurditys. The kids these days with the hair and the clothes that are young dumb and full of cum are the most likely to go out and advocate for our ideas. To be fair to them as I said at the beginning this is also almost doubly true for the other side reactionaries, conservatives and fascist have to scrape even further down into the barrel and the end up with a lot of Warcorpses and Aurini's and not a whole lot of ardent intellectuals.

On the other hand you do need people defending you positions publicly and it feels good to "x" person doing it right for you. This leaves us supporting people we would otherwise think are tripe because they're the only ones courageous enough to do it. Of course I'd want everyone to have the knowledge of Chomsky and the charisma of Jimmy Dore, but we don't always get the best pickings when were not willing to do the shit ourselves.

hi Holla Forums

Surely because our ideas are so complex that it takes too much time to communicate them :^).

None of wich bears fruit

Projection is the lowest form of cognitive-dissonance

Like those about how jews were trying to control the financial system of the world before they actualy created israel and now blackmail half the planet via stolen nuclar technology?

Because a lot of people don't actually read Capital or anything, but feel like they have sufficient understanding of theory because this place is such an echo-chamber. When confronted with people who disagree, they suddenly realize that they don't know how to explain Marx's ideas in any real detail, and that they haven't kept up with the century of development since he died and some elementary criticisms which have arisen.

Because we won entirely 150 years ago.
People who are debating us are either
A. - people who have read Das Kapital and refuse to accept facts
B. - people who debate others without bothering to understand their position and therefore total retards
There is no point in debating these morons, you can't destroy a brick wall by bashing your head against them.
Try a gulag instead.

lol

Becouse Holla Forums likes to read it's irrelevant books that are based on wishful fiction by incompetent authors(f.e. Das Kapital) that just reaffirm their political position and enclose them into an ideological bubble.
Holla Forums educates itself regardless of feefees and follows the evidence where it leads them.

Holla Forums is the Greek forum where only men and logic is allowed. Holla Forums are the women in the kitchen gossiping and presenting their point of view based on their current bitchfit.

tip: you should drop the stereotype, most of the things you see there are for triggering incompetent retards like yourself

nazis don't hesitate to make something up and present it as a fact and we're gullible enough to assume it is true and then try to argue based on false premises.

generally though we rule and they suck.

Yes like that one and also the lizard people ones

this is a Holla Forums thread. sage goes in the email.

This is a bloviated way to "Nothing we do works, everything we do that fails wasn't our fault, it was just someone messing up the purity of "Le Next Untried Communist Folly"

Did you look in the mirror as you typed that feelie there?

And you just went full retarded, never go full retarded…
Wow, spoken like a brainwashed tool, congrats for being able to spout the party line!

What did he mean by this?

boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/113939387

How can you discuss when the counter arguments are

You cant convince everyone, but you can convince the passive observer.

The passive observer doesn't browse political forums.
People only ever turn to politics when they have an opinion, never before that. Before that they just say "i don't care about politics" and don't care about politics.

I know this thread is probably just made someone from pol. But I feel like this is as good a place to discuss as any. I've found myself as of late unable to calmly debate. I used to love debate but now I feel so disillusioned with the world and I'm sick of citing sources and trying to rationally explain basic shit to people who are not open enough to change to consider what I've said. I used to be calm and empathetic but now I can barely hold back punches sometimes. Does anyone know how to atleast use my violence and anger productively.

Not entirely true, especially on a cosmopolitan site like 4chan. Also people can be in between positions or unsure of their own thoughts, but they have a general emotional directedness towards a certain set of beliefs. A lot of people passively browse different boards outside of their home board to see what they have to offer.

You cant mind read or assume a state of mind position of others no matter how tempting. I was never a Holla Forumsster myself but there are near daily threads here about former ones/current ones looking to change.

I actually took the opposite journey in life I was once really self assured and angry about everything. Now I'm more calm and less prone to be angry about shit. I'm also less sure of myself. I once fervently believed things that led to dire consequences in a particular social group i was in. Life lessons taught me you need to be more careful and open to new shit.

You cant control other people, but the key is to convince yourself that what you personally are doing is worthwhile or the best that you can be doing despite what their reaction might be. Maybe you aren't the greatest source of information, but if you defend what you know as best as possible and people come back with good information or at least open to your information in lieu of that, that is all you can hope for.

We should ask Jason-kun to represent us next time.
His ass is so autistic, it is impossible for him to lose an internet argument.
I mean, this guy honestly believes that the DPRK is democratic…

unspook yourself before you wreck yourself

The reason you get angry is because you're frustrated by the lack of positive response from the person you're engaging. But that's your mistake, because your earnestly entered the argument aiming for conversion, which you'll never get, hence failure, hence anger.

You should debate, right from the get-go, aware that the person you're debating is a lost cause. The point of debate is not to convert them, but to 1. convert the audience and 2. deal enough blows in the other side's self-confidence so that they will retreat to their safe-spaces and 3. help your side by innovating your arguments and bringing new information to the table.

Once you focus on potential bystanders, you'll remember to keep your calm and your presence, and maintain some decent rhetoric, because that's what will win them over. Think of it as if you were exposing the person you're engaging to them. I know this is easier said than done and I myself usually lose my shit, but at least try.

thanks dude

He was probably falling asleep through boredom, the same response everyone has to gnome

Ah yes, the last refuge of the ignorant. "Well I have no counter argument but all those facts are boring, lol nerd"

Well he IS boring. Nobody can deny it.

Because we're arguing about a hypothetical society after adhering to this ideology for X years of our life, while capitalists are arguing for the status quo (ez solution) after having their entire life of lived experiences with the system.

I present molymeme, master of debate

youtube.com/watch?v=5Du-wt_aVpI

Because debating has nothing to do with being right, it has to do with emotional appeal, and right-wing ideology is already centered entirely around that.

idk man, there is something really relaxing about his voice. Hes like a nice but tired grandpa

I don't know I can sit through a whole Chomsky lecture without a problem.

is this reverse bait?