"Vita Thread"

"METAL" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Upcoming games:

handheldplayers.com/upcoming-games/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2018/

Previous Threads:

pastebin.com/KeQyaqhP

First-Time Buyer's FAQ:

pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Hacking:

pastebin.com/b4D8uP20

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2017/08/28/release-mlthaku-ps-vita/
gbatemp.net/threads/mlthaku-install-henkaku-with-sd2vita-without-memory-card.482254/
github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi
archive.fo/CaE09#selection-169.0-245.4
pq2.jp/
archive.fo/qXoW5
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18PTwQP7mlwZH1smpycHsxbEwpJnT8IwFP7YZWQT7ZSs/
gamepc18.net/utawarerumono/
store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE18PSVG/1
play-asia.com/blog/top-10-best-games-2017-flash-sale-2
enso.henkaku.xyz/
gbatemp.net/threads/sd-gundam-g-generation-overworld-english-translation.369219/
archive.fo/4Mgev#selection-1791.248-1795.109
gematsu.com/2018/01/metal-max-xeno-coming-west-new-character-misaki-tank-type-22-flakpanzer-detailed
twitter.com/theflow0/status/959790368903622657
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anything worth playing that isn't weebshit?

Castlevania Rondo of Blood

Somehow missed that it was almost new thread time. Thanks for keeping on top of it. I'll update the paste with ReNpDrm, PSVSD, and MLTHaku at some point and just get a mod to add it to the OP.

What platform do you think you're talking about mate?

I'm over at my friend house and tried a few ad-hoc games.

Ms gundam rangoku vs zaft (psp) was fun (I like it more than gundam vs gundam.)

A couple of PSP games I couldn't get ad-hoc to work like metal slug, street fighter, and bomberman.

Tried dead nation but my friend had trouble seeing the enemy.

Virtua tennis 4 is also fun.

Also found out geometry wars has no ad-hoc play. Wtf.

The best.

Just got an orange vita and jail broke it. Freeshop is so nice and convenient…holy shit.
Can't wait to try Dragons Crown and Metal Slug and Odin Sphere and Gravity Rush and Ys Lacrimosa and Weebshit and so many PSP titles

I have a Vita 1000 model on 3.60, and I recently bought a SD2Vita v3, but I saw some guide on gbatemp that mentioned that I still needed a vita memory card in order to do the hack. Is that true?

Typical, I be lazy, and that's literally one of the things I needed to document. But yeah you don't. Use MLTkaku instead of regular HENkaku and it'll install the necessary plugin for SD2Vita, and Enso's installer.

wololo.net/2017/08/28/release-mlthaku-ps-vita/

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be one for PSVSD.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Since you can't access the system memory or memory card locations needed prior to doing the hack and it isn't a slim with the available system memory, I believe the answer is yes.
You might be able to try to use the webkit exploit and try to get access to the 1000 system memory but I forget if that also needed a prior JB to allow access.
If you know somebody else that possibly has a spare card you can temporarily borrow that will most likely be the best option.

It appears the article is for an already hacked vita due to some of the steps requiring access to ur0 and running Henkaku, which I think means it has to already have the webkit exploit running.

No that actually does bypass the need for one during the install process. Alt guide.

gbatemp.net/threads/mlthaku-install-henkaku-with-sd2vita-without-memory-card.482254/

What.

What.

FFT is on sale, both the PS1 and PSP versions. Which is preferable for a blind playthrough?

Metal Max Xeno looks quite interesting. An rpg with customizable tanks? Surely this can only be good.

Post more giant Vita

Yep it works and its beautiful orange

The Vita is dead

so is it possible/safe to play online with a hacked cfw Vita? I kind of want to play some fightan games online but I don't feel like setting up a PSN and then getting it banned or w/e…

As far as I know there haven't been any bans related to pirate games, playing them online, or general CFW bans but, anecdotally, there have been people who say they got banned for syncing trophies for games they didn't own.

I'm guessing that wasn't the only reason but people often refuse to disclose everything they do.

I haven't had any problems with it, but I've only used it for a bit of Gundam Breaker.

Was it ever really alive?

thanks for info, i'll think about it, not sure I wanna pay $50 for it at this point.
Having a lot of fun with single player games

i slept on the vita for years, i think many ppl overlook it, but now that all the games are free its amazing, i think I like it more than my 3ds xl…

still getting releases well into next year, probably 2019+ too…
pretty popular in japan

question, can I transfer my Vita installed games (from freeshop) onto my PC for backup storage? In case something happens to my memory card and internet goes down, just wanna have my games on my pc for future

>articles full of "why vita????" "where is my switch port??" on western game news websites

You should be able to with QCMA.
If you're more focused on the game saves themselves there is also a save game backup utility that would probably be easier since it just backs up the save and not the entire fucking game.

I think the only people who consider the Switch a replacement for the Vita are western faggots.
A tablet is not a fucking handheld. Six hour battery life is not fucking portable. etc.
I also suspect it has more to do with the number of tiddie games/nonretarded kiddie shit the vita got in the West while Nintendo, and by extension the Switch, has the "family friendly"/censorship happy image NoA got for it in the 90s.
It's an attempt to stem the tide, Western journalists don't care that NoJ has literally released some of the same games that the vita got as "enhanced" rereleases or even the same games. To them, and a majority in the West, if it didn't come to Nintendo in the West it doesn't count.

There's a freeshop for Vita now?

github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi

It's similar except you can't download DLC through pkgi yet.

Can you give me a list I am too lazy to look into this myself.

Did I ever gripe about the PS store's UI? Because it's truly dreadful for queuing downloads, especially for DLC if there's a few. Also the search sucks, often turning up scarcely relevant results and occasionally not the thing you want even if it's actually on there. Also NoNpDrm and ReNpDrm seem to coexist at least for playing games. The load order might matter that's all. I'd test downloading but at the moment I'm getting payment issues again.

New year's resolution is to get off of watered down localizations.

Well there is that PSTV mod that turns it into a bulky tablet thing. I fail to see the point. Vitan should be a petite girl.

Seconding QCMA since it'll back up everything associated with a game. The only drawback is content manager requires a PSN account set up, although not activation.

Yeah it's called pkgi though, and it's closer to CIAngel than the ultra-polished freeShop. As says it only does games. There's a PC-based program for downloading updates and DLC (NPSBrowser).

Don't get the psp version unless you have a hacked console you can patch the game with. The slowdown makes it unbearable.

Bomberman and Bomberman Land are on the PSP.

Jesus Christ I don't know who thought that was a good way to do anything.
And controlling the damn thing on the Vita
What would be more valuable to have is a fucking genre instead of

Neptunia Produce Perfection (used). Cute, but don't know what to make of the live show section just yet. Being able to touch Blanc's butt is great. Will have to nab the JPN version later and compare notes to NISA's shitty handiwork.

My Holy Grail. Should be here before the month's out.

A fuckton of PSP/PSVita VNs through the JPSN network to trian on my moon some more. Utawarerumono when I get a chance later this year.

>fun
You had one job, OP.

Nep PP is the game used for this, but I'm mildly interested how badly the other characters are screwed up since most of the examples are of Neptune. Also yeah the dressing room is sweet but vastly underdeveloped feature-wise like much of the game. Try touching her hands! The games with (you) really need to have more solid touchy-feely parts to them and the lack of it in the Senran clone is criminal.

PSP/War of the Lion's has a serious slowdown issue and I'm honestly mad I gave Squeenix money for that game. Just stick to the old PSX version and grit your teeth through the various pieces of bablefish.

Don't get me started. PSN store's interface sucks terribly, no matter if it's phone, tablet, or console. The Vita is bearable only because you can actually TYPE in the search function, though that doesn't help when Sony's database doesn't have games properly listed. Even more of a pain doing so in Japanese and having to triple-check all the kanji and katakana.

Also your download list for picking up stuff you temp-deleated is unwieldy as fuck. Can it not be organized by date or is that asking too much of these kikes?

Mind that I haven't gotten far, but Rom's already been made out to be a bitch once she's intro'd to P-kun's lesser lost brother for this particular idol game. I'll re-run that and screencap it later—she was supposed to come off as slightly protective & just ends up going full brat with the English script, clear contrast to what's spoken.

I like my vita but you're full of it. When was the last time you played for more than six hours straight on a handheld without having a charger nearby ever? And since when are games like Senran Kagura and Galgun and Bayonetta family friendly? Even supposing they are, what games does the Vita have that are more lewd than them?
P.S. there is no "NoJ". It's just Nintendo, or NCL for short.
sage because off topic

Ram. I mean Ram. I'm a dumbass.

The alphabet ring thing on the PS3 works OK, for a controller, and assuming you know what game you want, but the actual store manages to feel as sluggish as on the handhelds. Thankfully I haven't had to try searching or redownloading on that it's probably bad. Also curiously, on Vita they already have a sane UI for copying with the content manager, was that too much to ask for on PSN?

There's a pretty clear difference in quantity of lewd games for Sony vs. Nintendo. Not just for Japanese tiddies either, that also goes for Western games with lots of sex and violence. It's probably more what game devs expect will sell well on a given platform and choosing. In the case of the Switch, any port in a storm with the true handhelds at the end of their lifespan.

Don't worry I don't remember them much at all.

>Fate/Extella Link (sequel to Fate/Extella featuring Scathacha, Drake, Charlemagne & Astolfo)
>Flowers Volume sur Hiver (catholic yuri VN)

That's pretty much about the upcoming stuff that interest me, though I'd rather wait on user reviews first before importing some of those

Goddamn, this is just embarrassing

I travel long distances by bus frequently (12+ hours) and I use both a vita and an ipad for reading to pass time. Barring that, literally just a weekend day playing on the couch would be nearly two charges of a six hour device. The issue is not being unable to charge the device. The issue is that being stuck to a charger is not portable.
I feel like you may have misread this section, I didn't say those games were family friendly. What I said is the Vita was able to release games that NoA got reamed for because Sony is known to release those games, it isn't scandalous for them to do so. NoA has a more family friendly image than Sony/the Vita does so, in the West, when they came over NoA was attacked for releasing sexual games targeting children even though the games weren't advertised at all and you had to seek them out to play them. presumably to avoid controversy but obviously that failed
Congratulations on missing the point. The reason I separated them as NoA and NoJ, even though Nintendo of Japan isn't their name, is that they have an entirely different image between regions even though though they are branches the same company.
archive.fo/CaE09#selection-169.0-245.4 literally additional guidelines that NoA specifically imposed on games coming onto the US/Western releases
Nintendo IN Japan does that work better? can release Senran Kagura on the 3DS IN Japan and not get massive backlash for tarnishing their "image". When that same game came West on the 3DS there was a shitload of pearl clutching and sensibilities by Western journalists who didn't actually care until it came West and suddenly NoA is responsible for all sexual deviance in children.
On the other side the Vita can have almost anything it wants and, other than the generic

FUCK IT. FUUUUUCK IIIIIIIIT. First come, first serve, but fuck, that sucks.

Tell me when Persona Q 2 is announced.

It was announced a few months ago.
pq2.jp/

I'm about ready to just pay a scalper for the ps4 version and play it on remote play.

Thank you.

Now I need to decide if I should grab FF6 while I'm at it. I didn't grow up with Sony.

Loading times. No, not as bad as FFT, but I'm offended personally by it. I also hear the GBA FFVI is the definitive version, so there's that.

I'm noticing PSN downloads seem to "double up" and just had one I'd already downloaded be queued again when I picked up a new game. But they're at least working, and that's also with NoNpDrm doing its thing. Off the top of my head my kernel load order is:

heavy-arm was selling them last week.
check mariio128 too.

It's 3.61+

Thank goodness for these retailers. If it wasn't for at least mariio128 I wouldn't have nearly the collection I do.

darius burst works on 3.60
its fun
but i think i like Soldner X-2 best

getting this game, what should I expect?
I like MH4U and heard this has similar mechanics

isnt there a demo of the vanilla version? you can try that first.

no need, im downloading the full game as we speak, just not finished yet

It's more an arena game where you get to fight monsters from various european folklores with sometimes small mobs. You also get to create combinations of your spells, upgrade them and your sorcery arm. You start off as an Avalon sorcerer (specialized in sacrifices), but you can choose the other two factions (either saving life or letting fate chooses) as you go on in the story.

It's a 10/10 game but it's too bad tit has a pass (which is also region-locked, since this is a content related to PSN) for the online

I'm immediately worried

Generally unless you're ordering hood shit from hood sellers they will have a reputation you can gauge them on before purchase.
Hong Kong isn't the worry, Nigger-Grade Chinese operating out of Hong Kong are the problem and they generally vanish after a few months when the site they're currently operating off of get's a reputation for housing niggers.
Just find a longtime seller and you'll be fine.

I got the special edition of the seven pirates game. It's fun, but I don't understand a damn thing.

thanks for info,
tried it today and its pretty cool, after i beat dragon's crown I'm gonna get into soul sac delta

Vita 2 with hdmi out, switch killer? Yay or nay?

The PSTV was a vita with hdmi out minus the touch controls.
It failed to catch on.
What Sony needs to do is create a franchise unique to the console that they can use to push hardware units, not a bunch of spinoffs. Nobody wants PS3: Gutted Games Edition.

After playing it for a while, its neptunia with pirate tiddies. The cool thing is you can poke their breasts at any time, anywhere.

This. For once they should have a shitload of games at launch instead of waiting a year or more. Also they need to make sure the West doesn't bail on them and ditch their memory cards.

PSTV was even worse of a compromise than the Switch. Console portability and handheld power, only redeemed by hacks, and low price due to it being trash.

Step #1: Games. Step #2: Less gimmicks. Step #3: STANDARD STORAGE.

I don't think I would mind nonstandard storage as a security feature as long as they are within 20-30% of the same cost as a standard SD card or USB device of the same size with a similar failure rate.
The only problem is that wouldn't really be possible without taking a loss on the first few thousand or more and SD cards are cheap as shit because they've been around so long.
The weird part is they essentially tried to make a portable console for a device that was already a portable console. They could have marketed it as something like a Roku/Chromcast/Firestick and launched it with PS Now and highlighted Streaming PS4 "on the go" or whatever buzzword they use to sell shit.
Then mention that it also plays Vita games.
It would have most definitely have sold at its launch price with those features being pushed.
Do you consider a gimmick any nonstandard hardware feature or do you apply the term to describe a nonstandard hardware feature that is poorly thought out and executed?
The touchscreen on the vita wasn't horrible even though sometimes the games used it poorly but the rear touchpad was just an excuse to not make the console thicker for actual L2/R2 buttons because the touchpad "worked" as L2/R2.

Just got Henkaku installed, good shit. I wish it was this easy to get homebrew working on nintendo products. I mean, yeah they get split open real fast but especially during the 3ds' early years you are constantly at risk of hard bricking your console during the process.

The early days of Vita hacking was a psm mobile exploit known as Rejuvenate. It was significantly worse than early 3DS exploits. You had to reactivate a PSM license everyday. And that only happened in 2015.
I'd rather have early and widespread JBing with caveats rather than the intensely limited form we have on the Vita at the moment.
Though I suppose this just shows how much Sony learned from the PSP and how little Nintendo has to give a shit about console security.

If I'm using SD2Vita, can I just put my files on the MicroSD without using FTP? Also, what's a PSM liscense?

If the SD2Vita is set up properly you can use it like a regular memory card, Vitashell will allow you to use FTP or USB. You can generally pop the SD card out and drag and drop but it's not really required.
Sony ended PSM in 2015 but it was software framework. It was their halfassed attempt to get into mobile as in cellphone gaming.
The license was what was needed to publish on the actual PSM store.

They'd need to be about the same price as standard SDs, or at least better quality. And they need to be large enough or at least switchable. 64GB is surprisingly cramped if you buy a lot digitally. With how hard they bungled it on Vita I don't expect to see them try that ever again if they do make a successor.

To put it more bluntly, it was stupid. You couldn't even play the entire library on it and they wouldn't have gotten much more out of it with your idea, because again, the regular portable Vita exists.

Badly thought out. The touchscreen works nicely for on-screen keyboards and for feeling up anime girls. The back touchpad is just pointless and should've been proper trigger buttons, and while I'm bitching, the actual trigger buttons are kind of iffy. I don't mind accelerometer features as they actually work well for aiming, like in 3DS Zelda games, and the homebrew of Hexen II. But the only actual Vita game I've seen use it has been Gravity Rush I think.

Oh it's at least been drastically streamlined since the early emuNAND and A9LH setups which required all manner of downgrading and faffing about to get the major hack installed.

Yeah. You can also access over USB through VitaShell. I've found out that with regular SD cards they use exFAT, not that unsupported FAT variant that the Vita uses for internal storage or its actual SD cards.

*They need to make sure the West doesn't bail on them, as well as ditch their memory cards for standard memory cards
Fixed

I think the PSP had an advantage here because its memory cards were a standard Sony was trying to push at the time and it was gaining traction right before being blown out by SD cards.
Since it had a purpose other than video game memory it was being licensed out and sold by 3rd parties which ended up reducing the price. The Vita memory card, from what's been said about it, is that it is an SD card with switched pins, proprietary DRM, and far higher failure rates.
Almost like it was a poorly thought out implementation of a nonstandard SD encryption scheme.
I think the whitelisting requirement and how they tried to translate touch controls was the biggest killer. Nobody wants to play a quarter of the vita library and rubbing a controller like a screen is dumb as fuck.
The only real advantage it had was an Ethernet port which would have helped for streaming with PS Now but they abandoned that on the Vita/PSTV entirely.
It's worse than pointless for games that actually use it for L2/R2. Due to the way most people hold handhelds it will interpret button presses at random.

It's very strange to me that Japanese console makers use Western hardware saturation to gauge success of the actual hardware but, in general, still kind of ignore the West for actual games.
Then wonder why people don't buy
>The Game 2: Bigger Shit Ver: cucked EXTREME
when the West didn't get the first game. although I suppose that doesn't always matter, look at how popular recent Waifu Emblem got even though most people don't remember the first few games as hardcore sRPGs

I recall this meme but have yet to experience this with a couple of cards I got (especially the 64GB I have since 2014)

I suppose most of the evidence is anecdotal because 64GB cards don't have a warranty outside of the JP region so more people are likely to be upset/asking about it due to the cost of the cards/importing.
Based on a Plebbit poll so obviously grain of salt, it's a specific subset, only people who would respond to polls, more likely to respond if a card had failed, there are significantly more 64GB cards polled, etc
archive.fo/qXoW5
Based on this it would appear that the 64GB cards are more likely to fail early in their lifespan if they plan to do so but the failure rate after that time evens out and on average the Vita memory card appears to fail far more than the standard SD card.
SD cards, from what I've found, are expected to last 5 years assuming normal usage and 100,000 writes but, again, I couldn't find much more than anecdotal evidence

Finally picked up A Rose in the Twilight since it turns out the JP version isn't locked to 3.61+. Only played a little bit so far though, while tired and inebriated, it seems a little meh gameplay-wise, although I like the visuals, hoping it's just easing me into decently complex puzzle environments. Sporadic CotN continues to be a fun distraction too.

Well I know mine did start being erratic 6 months in. Fact of the matter is they're vastly overpriced, and too small for those playing digitally. There's a reason I'm such a fanboy for hacking them.

Valid point. Whereas the Vita SD cards were just different for the sake of it, and a total dead-end when the system didn't catch on, ironically that was partly to blame. Nobody actually likes the proprietary SDs.
Didn't know it had Ethernet. The also has a USB port, again, mostly useful for hacking purposes.
The lack of feedback is worse than its positioning. Mind, I thought that Tearaway used it pretty creatively and it works OK for morphing in the Katamari game. You can also touch behind girls with it in Nep PP. Also I thought the PS button pattern was a cute touch.

Extraordinarily overpriced.
4GB Vita memory card is $32 on US Amazon.
64GB SD card is $22 on US Amazon.
And the SD card has far higher read/write speeds.
(((Somebody))) does, you'd just need to have the actual market clout to push against the SD standard.
Sony's handheld line didn't have that, you'd need somebody like Google or Apple to introduce a competing standard
they wouldn't do that because they make far more money with onboard memory, and with SD cards being ridiculously cheap, they'd have to run at a loss for years AND get adoption going
Yeah, it has all of it's ports on one side minus the gamecart slot, presumably because they were reusing Vita MBs to an extent.
I think they were expecting people to use it for charging controllers but since it's just a generic USB device there is no real reason to charge it on the PSTV.
There are quite a few games that use the backpad area as a second touchscreen for rubbing girls but it is obnoxious to hold the Vita during those "gameplay" sections.
Their touchpad replacement for the PSTV using the DS4 central bar is even worse though.
I get that hardware developers want to be the first to introduce new shit, not only because of the patent/fanboy benefits but because they can claim to be the "original" guy.
They just don't seem to want to accept that sometimes It's ok to just have a screen, physical buttons, and a game slot and call it a handheld.

How do you guys keep track of what game is what?

You can search the ID and it'll pop up.
Alternatively if you have pkgi you can look for the IDs there.
Most of the time you won't be viewing

They have labels and are instantly recognizable from one another. buy your games user

Is there an english patch for the japanese version of Chaos;Child? Don't really want to update my Vita just for one game, but really want to play it after finishing Chaos;Head….

Mary Skelter is kinda good I suppose

You can do what the pirates of yesteryear did and do an asset swap with the JP eboot to create a Frankenstein that should let you play most of the game without too much difficulty.

What do you lads think about Demon Gaze 2?

Missed opportunity with Non on board.

Where could I buy official replacement parts for my Vita?

I haven't learned japanese enough to import text heavy games.

Aliexpress generally has most shit because it's produced over there.

Yeah I know, just hoped someone already did it. Can I get the english assets somewhere online or would I have to buy the game and dump it myself?

holy shit, adolph bateman

I'm guessing there is probably somewhere with the assets but it would probably be easier to dump it yourself than go through the effort to find it.

Got it used and it's just decent but I may drop it. Unlike the first game, you don't get to make your own party. Instead you steadily get characters over time based on the story. This wouldn't be a problem if the way you built your characters had more variety. Instead, after every chapter, you get to choose one skill for every side character to learn. You still learn skills through leveling but this kills any replay value or absurd team setup that you could do in the last game. At least the music is still good but that's the only thing I can say really. I'm pretty bored of it now and I just got a full team. Might as well go back to Mary Skelter.

Overall I like the first game more. Also still annoying how the game gives you choices in what to say and it doesn't mean shit or gives dialogue that's entertaining enough to make you glad you made that choice.

I also heard the demons you invoke on Demon Gaze 2 dont try to fuck your shit up over time, like it was the case in the first game

Artstyle looks like a downgrade too

They don't because now demons are a part of your actual team. They lack the ability to go berserk now. Instead the gauge makes it so everyone on your team goes into a temporary super mode where they get access to their full moveset. The gazer/demon mechanic in the first game was better IMO. It's more like you have 4 really good allies that can become stronger instead of having 4 decent units and one NPC that can go berserk. It was just more interesting. On difficulty subject, it's just right. Not too easy or hard. First game was too easy while this one isn't so bad. But I'm playing at max difficulty and having no problem. Though DG's difficulty took a huge jump once you got into the second half of the game. Haven't gotten to the second half of this game so I have no clue if it'll have the same difficulty jump.

As for the art, I think the characters are fine. What bothers me is that the art for the transformed monsters and animated bosses is worse than the default portraits or static portraits from the last game. Overall, you should just download the soundtrack and skip the game. It's not like the story is worth giving a shit about from what I've went through.

How to install homebrew stuff for PSP mode (Adrenaline) on Vita?
I wanna try gPSP

Usb/ftp into /pspemu and install the same way you would on an actual PSP

Thanks user, this will help
But I've never owned one, any jewtube videos or guides you'd recommend?
I'll look up how to do it myself but any help is appreciated

In pspemu folder make a a folder called PSP then within that make a folder called GAME.then drag and drop whatever folder has the eboot into GAME.

I think I might've confused you
I already have adrenaline installed and can play PSP games
I'm asking how I would install homebrew like a GBA emulator that would run in PSP mode (because the Vita's native emulators of mGBA and Retroarch can't run Fire Emblem for me)
So I basically want to install gPSP on Adrenaline

I should have been more specific, PSP homebrew uses eboots. Download UO gPSP kai, and extract the folder that has EBOOT.PBP to pspemu/PSP/GAME. Your homebrew should show up in your XMB under game > memory stick

Here's a pic for reference

Awww shiiit.
Thank you very much user, hopefully this ends up working and I'll be able to use this sexy beast of a handheld for something comfy

So, do the SNES and GBA emulators work better under PSP?

It feels quaint to complain about the newer 3DSes compared to trying to get the 2 halves of a Vita separated, especially the top edge. And being super careful of the lower edge because there's a ribbon cable.

Game-wise, zero actual progress in Neptunia, mostly just backtracking to find stuff and defeat earlier enemies that were being a threat before.

I'd seriously doubt it. Also a good bit of recent news is that someone's working on a 3D framework for Vita homebrew. If RetroArch is presently doing software rendering it'll help push certain games over the edge.

Can also check appmeta on ur0: as the icons are unencrypted.

I heard mGBA isn't as good as the GBA emulators available on the PSP but I haven't had issues with mGBA other than it not saving if you close out of the emulator without shutting down properly.

Yeah but how many games are you actively going to be playing at once to the point that you'd lose track?
Pirate fewer games at once, otherwise you're just being a stockpiling faggot >>14104035 that doesn't play anything.

Correction to earlier post: Apparently homebrew already has a way to access Vita's native video API. All that VitaGL is is a wrapper to allow for easier porting of games that use OpenGL without needing to write that part, or even just because it's familiar to use.

Also had this cute glitch happen on my original Vita system. It actually is using wifi, that's not what you want to happen with this mode.

Because it's pretty rare that you need to think in terms of game ID, except for mods maybe. Also I've found it pretty easy to be no-playing even with 90% buyfagging. I've yet to learn my way with games is obsessing over a few at a time, while most don't keep my attention. Not the same as being a qualityfag though.

Can we play PS2, N64 and GC games on it yet

Why not just buy GAMING LAPTOP, goy?

The only PS2 titles it will run without severe modifications and resolution downgrades are the ps2 games rereleased for the Vita.
N64 is probably possible but considering the state of N64 emulation on PC I doubt a Vita emulator would play more than Mario64/super mainstream titles
GC neverever

I get that this is bait but mobile =! handheld

Another reminder to stop paying/playing localized games

why the fuck no FFIX remaster for VITA?!

WHY LORD WHY

B-But I dont know Nip

I am smug

Restrain your smug, there has been decent progress on breaking the Switch, and it's not even a year old, it took most of Vita's life for them to hit gold. Speaking of game hacks I'll chance throwing the RB3 retranslation on and hope it doesn't bug out for Euro copies. It seems to at least do stuff and doesn't need any eBoot alterations. Will be trying it proper after finishing RB1.

Motivation for you and me.

How much would you pay for a Vita today? Trying to get one for around 100 USD. It'll be my second one, but given that there's enough that I want to play that I currently can't, I think it's worth it.

Is it worth getting a Vita for emulation over a PSP?

in my opinion yes
Though it isn't perfect obviously, but I think its overall better for emulation

What's the state of being able to use PS1 eboots with Vita CFW these days (custom converted ones, specifically)? Haven't been actively keeping tabs on that. Last I recall hearing there were audio issues or something, but I'll admit that was a while ago.

You can get a PSTV for around 60 USD. If they have them in stock at a secondhand shop they might be cheap but scuffed up.
If you have a Goystop near you that will let you check the OFW on their used consoles you might get one there for pretty cheap.
If you search Amazon you might find somebody trying to underprice a vita to trick people into buying a 3.61+ vita but that will be to your advantage.

The vita can emulate PS1 games, PSP games, run PSP homebrew, and can actually play vita games.
Presumably if the emulators that are vita native ever improve beyond initial release they'll be better due to the higher hardware specs but the vita can run PSP emulators too in the event the vita emulators aren't as good.

Last I recall using converted PS1 eboots on adrenaline The PSP booter worked fine for most titles.

I haven't been to one of these threads for a while now, so if someone delivered I apologize. Does anyone have any Soul Sacrifice Delta artbook scans and/or the digital gallery? I considered going to halfchan and asking /vitagen/, but last time I checked it isn't there anymore.

The latest update reports that has been fixed.

I was buying a 3.60 Vita off a dude and right before he was going to ship it, he did a factory reset and it updated to 3.67
Got my money back, so I only wasted my time but still. Was I dealing with a retard or is there some kinda trick involved in doing the reset? Tried googling it but I'm getting conflicting results. I'm going to try buying another and I don't want them to fuck it up again, goddammit.

That reeks of dishonest seller. Just doing a factory reset does not update the system, and in situations where it prompts you to update there's a confirmation. I'm fairly certain that automatic update downloading still requires confirmation before it'll install but I have that turned off.

Sounds like an attempt to scam. Dude obviously knew 3.60 Vitas are in demand/worth more even if he was too retarded to google why and tried to sell it as 3.60 before "accidentally" updating it. Guessing he assumed you were as retarded as his excuse was and would have accepted it.
Even automatic update only downloads system updates and still requires confirmation for installation.
System restore only wipes the system memory and internal storage along with resetting settings.

It looks like the 2nd hand market is drying up like the gamestore market did. I got my Vita for £30 off a thicc milf selling her sons 'old toys' who didn't know what she had and since then friends have wanted their own weeb interface device and now Vitas are getting rare OR scalpers are buying them to push the price up.

OR the same (((collectors))) that hire slavs and chinese migrants to scour flea markets for copies of shit they already own to destroy it 'to increase the value of my investments' are doing the same to vitas.

>finally gets purchased for 30 dorrar
>the last thing she experiences is a whack of a hammer accompanied by insectoid penis noises

I will never understand you people

What's wrong breast expansion?

with

Get the hell out you sick fuck

triggered

-visual fuckups
-usb port goes out
it's all about the mobo, right?

Is there any homebrew for the vita that anons recommend?

I want to talk about ps1 games on vita: what are the best settings to get as close to the original?
For now i left the setup like this:
Original settings:
Adrenaline settings
That's the best compromise i've found. I'd like for it to fill the screen height wise but it ends up looking ugly.

Homebrew recommendations are based on what you're wanting to do.
In general most people are going to recommend pkgi/NoNpDRM for Vita games, Adrenaline for PSP stuff, Oclockvita has specific uses for improving some stuttery games but (obviously) affects battery life significantly notably Cucklands 2 as far as I'm aware , Most emus for older system will work fine, etc

The best settings to get close to the original should probably also exclude graphics filtering.
Most PS1 games were 320x240
The PSP screen has a resolution of 480×272.
The Vita screen is 960x544.
There's going to be some weird shit going down with it being scaled so much.
Probably a better idea to focus on getting the aspect ratio looking right and the rest is personal taste/per game because a lot of PS1 games didn't use it's standard resolution and it had a massive lifespan technologically speaking so newer games are going to look nearly generationally different from the earlier titles.

Wouldn't you pull the sword forward over the shoulder?

That's what I thought at first but they contacted me before refunding my money instantly. Must have been a case of severe retardation. Thanks anons, I was getting worried it would turn into a constant fight with the vita trying to update itself against my will.

Pretty sad that I had to rely on (((Gametraders))) to find one in good condition, 3G too. Even then it had no box. The other ones I'd found were beat up, with OLED splotches, only fit as backups. I never found a PSTV anywhere.

Yeah that Vita just sounds like a lemon and it probably is just the main board. Try sourcing a replacement one, if you can get one. 3.60- ones are drying up.

Incompetence it is. I don't know any situation where it'll nag you on a HENkaku system. Trying to play 3.61+ games has a different error on those, and you don't get 'em from PSN either, even without ReNpDrm. Of course it's still best to play it safe.

Sylvie is sounding like a better fit than Tomoko.

That doesn't really affect the length of the blade or your arm, so it doesn't really help.

>(((Gametraders)))
I still remember seeing photos of the prices they wanted for stuff in the past.
Glad I've never had to deal with them (I thankfully don't live down under), but it kind of disgusts me to hear they're apparently still in business. Assuming you mean you got that Vita recently.

I see, thanks for the information.

Tried some looking myself and came up with nothing, aside from a cover and some photos/standalone images that may/may not be from it. There's an user in the share threads that seems to like buying, flatscanning, and uploading artbooks for various things. Maybe ask him (if he's still around in the next thread; current has reached bump limit) whether he's got any interest in the game and might be able to help you (and other fans) out with acquiring and scanning it. Assuming you mean "Soul Sacrifice: The Art of Magic" that came with Delta in Japan, it would seem it doesn't go for that much out in Japan itself if Yahoo JP Auctions is any indication (while out here, it seems to currently be at least $50 or higher as an export on ebay).

What's the main difference between doing the webkit exploit and installing Enso, other than having it permanent anyway? And yeah, I don't plan on logging into PSN if I don't have to, certainly not on my main account. Just bought another Vita. Hopefully better luck this time.

Those goddamn bastards

That is the difference. Enso installs itself permanently in the NAND

Potential to be some shitpost general

I've just started Stein;Gate, reached chapter 4
But I shouldnt have

fucked up my sleep schedule and left me a bit paranoid, who the fuck reccomend such a VN anyway?

Kind of cool, too bad the models remind of the unity assets that yandev uses.

Woah, sounds intense
I kinda wanna try it out user, anything good you can say about it?

its too real

It works 100% of the time, unlike the browser or E-mail entrypoint, and it does takeover much earlier into boot, which helps a lot for SD card adapters. Also you can use PSN now, ReNpDrm fixes up activation and game downloading.

For something cheap like that they probably are. Yandere Sim manga when? It's really too bad that there's no Vita stylus or Swapdoodle type program.

Are we actually talking about games in this thread, or is it just more endless sperging about hacks?

Can anyone give me some tips on party composition in the Digimon Sleuth game?

I imagine that thing is going to have DLC up the ass but the shitpost potential is very high.

Yeah at that price, and with how the game is designed, it's inevitably gonna try to make up the difference elsewhere. They're pretty gutsy to allow user-submitted manga though, imagine the dross and attempted lewds that will come of it. I'd be wondering how they hope to stem that.

fuck cuckdev, he's tarnished my love for yanderes

what is the difference between nonpdrm and renpdrm? I think I have the former installed so PKGI will work?

ReNpDrm does not work with the webkit exploit one?

ReNpDrm is also required to play games downloaded from PSN if your system was activated with it. Thankfully it can work with NoNpDrm, just make sure the load order is NoNpDrm first.

Probably not? Use Enso anyway there's no reason not to.

Except being able to revert to stock, which wouldn't be possible with Enso. There's no guarantee Sony can't detect those consoles when they connect to PSN, even if they do their best to spoof.

Nice. That's good to hear.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember them taking over a year to ban the first waves of CFW PS3's too.

That also took place during the PS3's "supported" lifespan.
Sony considers the Vita "legacy" hardware.
They don't make money from the Vita PSN access.
The titles aren't $60 and they're entirely 3rd party.
Sony only cares about the Vita and its security to the bare minimum they are probably required to contractually.
They have supposedly banned people on the Vita for trophy hacking and Near spam. There have, so far, been no confirmed bans for piracy or playing online with pirated games.
This leads me to believe they probably only care about banning things that use persistent online features trophies, paid PS4 multiplayer, etc and the online store.
The most likely reason they waited a year before banning PS3s was because they were trying to catch as many people as possible before people realized they were banning for it.

I wouldn't put it past them to do the same, even for "legacy" hardware like the Vita. I like to err on the side of caution with these things. In any case, I don't ever see myself ever needing to access PSN on it so I'll probably install Enso.

There's only so many times I want to bring up something about games that have been done to death, and prefer to post the Nepping in the Nep thread.

The Near glitch doesn't even trigger a permanent ban. Not that there's any reason to use that. It's always a risk, but one that's justifiable to bypass some of the worst things about the console.

For what it's worth I do use PSN on my hacked systems. Much much more than it deserves with how much of a hassle it is.

Importing is suffering.

and here. I finally got my Vita and installed Enso. Now, it appears there's three different tools used to dump games and run them. I'm running on 48+ hours with no sleep and can't seem to be able to figure out what would be the best way to go about this.
I got some games off nicoblog but I don't know how to tell which way there were dumped and consequently how to run them. Any tips? Usually I can figure this stuff out on my own but insomnia is a bitch.

Nicoblog always has the dump method listed in the game title. Check your history. My rule is to generally go for maidumps as they don't require 2x space to install, unlike VPKs.

And to be able to run maidump stuff, I need to have it installed, correct? The two games I got so far use maidump and NoNpDRM, respectively. can I use both in parallel with no problems?

You can. I have games from when maidump was the method on my vita along with NoNpDRM games. Just make sure you install them with their respective methods, personally I just use NoNpDRM now since its easier and faster.

Got it. I already downloaded all the games I wanted (for now) in anticipation of the vita's arrival so I'll just deal with maidump and NoNpDRM. Thanks for the handholding, anons.

Got everything running with Maidump and NoNpDRM. Copying files over wifi took forever, next time I shall transfer via USB. Thanks again for all the help!

what game is that my dude?
Drills got me interested and the character designs look slick

That's disgaea.

I feel ashamed now

Yeah, it's Disgaea 4. I own it on PS3 but everyone says Vita version is the best, so that's what I'm gonna be playing now. I also got pic related.
Got more games in the pipeline but first I need to get a SD card and the adapter.

As somebody who doesn't own one,how comfy is the vita to hold.

Feels pretty comfy to me but your mileage may vary if you've got very big hands.

I got big ol hands,at least i think i do,so it might be a weird fit

How's God Wars? Worth a play?

In that case, I'd recommend you try it somewhere first. I can imagine the sticks being awkward to use with big hands but I might be wrong, no way for me to compare.

Another big-hand guy here. Using a cheap grip helps a lot, but they make using the back touchscreen more of a chore.

not big hands user but fuck that shit, I'll save up my money and someday get one of those grips with the triggers already attached. Just wish they weren't so fucking expensive, but they seem like they'd at a lot of value to emulating PSX games

You can swap l2/r2/l3/r3 to the corners of the front touch screen and not use the back at all.

Had more time to play recently, but am not doing anything new, just more Neptunia. Just lost Noire and getting Vert, and enjoying playing with Iris Heart even if it means being a bit broken.

RTFP. Do not use MaiDumpTool or VPKs anymore, unless you know you have to. 99% of the time the only method you should be using today is NoNpDrm + pkgi (Vita CIAngel) + NPSBrowser (for DLC and updates, which pkgi doesn't presently support, and needs to hurry up and do).

First-gen ones are nicer for being a bit bulkier, the second-gen are slim and awkward in the same way the N3DS XL is. The thumbstick position is a bit awkward though, and PS1 games that use L2/R2 map it to the back touchpad which is shit. Any Vita beats the pants off 3DS ergonomically, and the screens are better too even on the non-OLED second gen.

That'd be even more awkward for most games. But good to know all the same.

Why not? The pastebin does not give any reasons not to.

Well if you're just after a reason, NoNpDrm dumps are much cleaner. The only dirty thing is the fake license but the actual game data is exactly the same as a real one, and it can even be updated like one.

Mai and Vitamin games are decrypted, and have to be run through a special loader set up within the game folder by the dumping tool. This is messy, and also introduces issues like being unable to update the game in the regular fashion, issues with saving after sleep (hack-around exists for this), "load modes" to worry about with Mai, and that certain games just aren't playable like Akiba's Trip 2.

The only real reason to use legacy dumping methods these days is for hacks that need to modify the game's executable. Everything else should be done with NoNpDrm. Actually I lied. There is a more thorough dumping standard for cartridges but it's not ready yet, and those can also be done with NoNpDrm.

Thanks for the info. I'll be on the lookout for NoNpDRM dumps if I can in the future.

One question though, do I have to be logged into PSN if I want to download a game update?

You don't need to look for NoNpDRM dumps. Literally just setup NoNpDRM on your vita and install PKGi. They're all there directly from Sony servers.

It works exactly like updating a game normally. You press the game update button on the game's screen and it adds it to downloads.
So no, I don't believe you need to be logged into the PSN to download game updates.

No.

Also with nonpdrm, you can run games downloaded from psn servers so piracy is easier than ever (see pkgi and nopaystation) and there are tons more dlcs available compared to the mai/Vpk ages. It also eliminated needing 2x the space because you don't need to copy and install.

But enough spoonfeeding. Let's talk about some vidya games.

I ordered mask of deception off Amazon and they kept shipping it using soft packaging. It took 3 shipments to get a box that's not crushed.

Thing is, I got Disgaea 4 and the maidump has the patch but the NoNpDRM dump which I found on some leddit thread doesn't seem to have it. I have no intentions of linking my PSN account to the Vita and would like to avoid PSN shenanigans all together if possible.

Fuck, I'm excited to play Utawarerumono. Played the original one on PC years ago. Hopefully the new games don't disappoint.

can someone link or upload their PC version of Utawarerumono to the vola?
The sites I'm downloading from gets a virus detected from certain files

It may be a false negative because that's a crack and a hack (the voices are ripped from the PS2 release and hacked into the game). Where did you download it from?

I feel like you're misunderstanding something.
I suspect you are still functioning under how Vita piracy used to work. Barring specific examples modified assets, undubs, the 3.60.5 Frankendumps, stuff people haven't redumped since Vitamin, etc you can literally just download 99% of it from Sony.
NoNpDRM+PKGi+NoPayStation db works like Freeshop on the 3DS.
The NoPayStation db is a repository of fake licenses to allow you to dl games directly from Sony's servers.
PKGi allows you to install those games using the fake licenses.
NoNpDRM makes the Vita think those licenses are valid for your vita. This includes allowing you to update the game through the livearea like a regular game.
Installing dumps isn't required when you're downloading through PKGi and no PSN account is required to use it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18PTwQP7mlwZH1smpycHsxbEwpJnT8IwFP7YZWQT7ZSs/

No, I understand completely. If I had a VPN, I would do it this way. But since I don't right now, it's not an option for me.

Why would you need a VPN for that?
You think Sony is going to be that thorough in regards to Vita piracy?

Better safe than sorry, user. My paranoia regarding these things has served me very well so far and I don't intend to change that.

I think it actually was a virus in that case
Got it from here
gamepc18.net/utawarerumono/
first mirror which was a google drive
I just ended up finding the ISO from a different site and just installed the english patch myself.
I don't think it has voices patched in, do they make that much of a difference would you feel?

Yeah, that site seems dubious. I'd say the voice thing depends on you. I do like to have my VN's voiced, if possible. It has a pretty high tier cast too. You'll obviously not get any voice acting during the lewd scenes though (as these didn't exist on the PS2).
You need these two files for the voice patch. Latter one is the packed voice files ripped directly off the PS2 iso. Maybe you can find it by googling around for a bit. I could also upload it to volafile but it might take a while.

Is there a way to backup the saves for games you installed with vitamin and maidump, and then use them for games you got this newfangled way?

Can't get on it, so can't help you. I'll dig up the torrent in a minute if you can use that, though I don't know if there's seeds.

magnet
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:U67MG2KXBZRYFDXKCBWDXTLDVIKPGVE7

Then use the NoNpDrm torrent silly. There is one from before they came up with a freeShop-esque method. As I already explained, Mai and Vitamin are shit-tier.

Vita savemgr should work. I've never tried though.

Some of those don't even need Mai/Vitamin. If it's just altering game data. Like the Rebirth 3 retranslation, or various nude mods.

Its appreciated though I can't really use torrents
I've been on Holla Forums for fucking years but I'm too retarded to figure out how to use a torrent client, its fucking shameful. At least I prefer buyfagging shit most of the time so I have physical copies.
I managed to patch a safe ISO for it in english, now I just need to figure out how to get the voices

If you could upload them I'd really appreciate it. The less sketchy sites I'd have to use, the better, and it'd be nice to have it to be able to give to others when they need it

Looks legit. I'll try it on kancolle first because it doesn't matter much if I lose that save.

Now that is actually silly.

Alright, I'll upload the patch + voice files to the vola, not gonna include the actual game ISO. I added the regular English Patch to it, just to be on the safe side. Should be done in a couple minutes as my internet seems to be doing fine tonight.

Thank you user, I appreciate it

I have one more question. I got a 4GB proprietary SD card right now and I'm going to get a 32GB microsd and the
SD2VITA 3.0 adapter. Can I just hotswap the two? Particularly, does Enso install on the card or somewhere on the Vita's internal memory?

It's done, by the way.

Enso installs into the Vita's NAND and you can setup the config on ur0 internal Vita memory
You can setup the SD2VITA as ux0 Vita memory card or uma0 external memory
I'm assuming by hotswap you mean switching back and forth between using the two cards without rebooting as the SD2VITA is a gamecard slot replacement not a memory card slot replacement.
I believe the answer to that is no but you can mount the memory card as uma0 and the sd card as ux0. or the reverse
Vita games can only be loaded from ux0 so if you're trying to hold more Vita games using the SD2VITA as ux0 is a better idea.

Good, that means it doesn't matter which memory card is plugged in, one less worry for me.
Yes and oh shit, I must have missed the part where it goes into the game cartridge slot.
So it's either one or the other card, since I do intend to put games on the microsd. So swapping between the SD2VITA and an actual game cartridge require me to change the configs around too. This isn't an ideal solution but I can live with that.

Not exactly, you can still load homebrew and, I believe, PSP isos with Adrenaline from uma0
Yes but if you are using a decently sized sd card I know you said you have a 32gb card but 64gb cards are about $25
You could just install your physical games and move the saves over, that would most likely be a better idea.
If you have the 1000 3g model the 3g module can be replaced with an sd adapter and leave your gamecard slot open. You'd just have to open your vita up to install it and it's slightly more permanent unless you want to open your vita repeatedly

I won't get very far with the small memory card I got but that's a good idea.
Oh yeah, I said 32GB but the 64GB was just a couple bucks more so I'm getting that now.
I do have a 1000 model but I don't much enjoy tinkering inside Sony hardware. They're basically built to break really easily and I'd rather not risk it. Maybe if one of my sticks breaks and I have to replace it or something. Nice info though, user. Thanks.

It was a F U N ride

might aswell get the sequel

thank you user, already downloaded it.
I hate to ask you for more help as you've already done so much, but what do I do with it now after I've unzipped it? Or rather, where do I put the files and what do I do?

There's literally a .txt file with instructions in there.

I'm a blind retard

It happens to the best of us. Enjoy the game user. Also be aware, the game might run too fast. Should that happen, you should google for a fix, I know it's out there as that's a pretty common problem even back in the day. Unfortunately I don't have it.

Please stop spoon feeding retards.

I just noticed there is a flash sale. Some gaems for less than 5$.

store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE18PSVG/1

I seriously hope you guys don't give sony money for decades old games with defunct devs on a device sony abandoned years ago.

in japan, they still got new game releases every year. Problem is, only japan dev bothered to make vita games and retard at sony didn't even bother to localize it. We're missing out on so many waifu game. What's weird is that every fucking otome game got localize for the vita. Who want to play a game about soyboy

Girls probably. That fabled market exists for a slim few genres. Puzzle games and Otome.

but male dominate the gaming market, it would make much more sense to localize waifu sim over otome games.

Market overall != niche markets.
The market for Otome is extremely niche in the West so the people localizing them are the same sort people playing them, they can get them cheaply, and have a very good idea of how many copies they'll sell.
The people translating Otome games aren't deciding to localize them instead of waifu games. That's just what they localize.
There are less Otome games and they probably do sell to a majority of that market with each release so it's easier for them to operate.
Dozens of waifu games come out every year and their appeal varies widely so sales are less guaranteed, the licensing costs are far higher, mainstream localizers are more interested in gatekeeping, etc.
The flaw in your argument is in thinking Sony is picking and choosing what comes over here and what doesn't when they don't.
Complain towards localization companies if you want to "fix" the issue.

My argument is that sony didn't choose at all, most of the localization are done by 3rd party company. When I said "every otome game got localize" I didn't mean sony was localize it, it just weird that "IT" got localize over dating sim. Dozen of waifu game come but none ever got localize.

My beef with sony it that the vita games in general, not just waifu bait, are already there, they have the games. What they need to revived the Vita is simply fork some money and offer some free localisation either by creating their own localisation company or pay a 3rd party company to do it.

Will 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim be the last good game to come out for the PS Vita?

If it ever does come out, that is.

;_;

If dubs, then the vita release will be shitcanned in favor of PS4 digital only.

Got the l2/r2 trigger grips that were in high demand and they're great for my large hands (long, not chunky).

FUCK YOU

It's nothing but huehues and the nipfag left here user. Maybe check again in another few months when the newest waves of children with lots of time and no money have moved on.

*It's because once you learn Japanese, there's no reason to stick around western image boards anymore.*

play-asia.com/blog/top-10-best-games-2017-flash-sale-2

WHY

There is a guy on ebay auctioning (for cheap at the moment) some vita games and even LEs (Ar NoSurge).

Look for "furiousy".

Nigger, why did I never heard of this before. Thanks man.

Install this too: enso.henkaku.xyz/

Can someone tell me what the "Fortunate" difficulty does in Oreshika?

Haven't touched that game, so couldn't tell you left from right. Honestly pokemon setups never keep my attention. If it were Omega Labyrinth I could maybe talk a bit (not a lot, I haven't made a good deal of progress since it's been fun, but slow going).

>OR the same (((collectors))) that hire slavs and chinese migrants to scour flea markets for copies of shit they already own to destroy it 'to increase the value of my investments' are doing the same to vitas.
T-that's not real, is it? I keep hearing about similar shit, but i never actually see any sources. Either way, it's fucking surreal to see a console that's still technically alive not getting any extra prints of the actual fucking console.

kinda defeats the purpose if they all end up being overpriced

Get 3 platinum numemons and a mixture of virus, data, and vaccine types. You have now broken cyber sleuth.

I was always wondering why damage seemed so variable in Neptunia, and did a bit of looking into it. Apparently it's tied to your current hit count like in Akiba's Trip 2, so optimally you use either repeated EXE drive, or start off with rapid attacks before EXE drive, with a bit of variance here and there. Those things are just too powerful for how easy they are to build up. It's a bit annoying how little the game actually tells you about basic mechanics like that, they aren't even in the manual.

Also found how the candidates are obtained so I'll be trying for PSP-tan. Don't care much for the other 3. I'm also using Plutia instead of Neptune most of the time even if she's kind of OP.

I believe they're still making them in Nip land. What aren't being made is systems at 3.60 or lower, and the mainboard supply is limited. Personally I've a harem of 4.

Too little too late.
They're no strangers to mismanagement but I want them to make a new system instead of there just being the Switch, and to learn from their mistakes.

Rush skills were too OP in the earlier rebirth games, you could put all the high hit count attacks on one character and then EXE the other members in less than a round from a single characters action.

For me right now it takes a couple of turns to build a level against 1 enemy but I don't have the highest-end EXE gain plans yet, nor the one for faster EXE overall which is pure evil. Also nuts to min/maxing if it means ditching my favourite girls. Current line-up is:
- Vert: Best girl. But mechanically, fast, so ideal for building hits with or . Excellent reach on weapons and specials. +EXE/turn plan.
- Plutia: Versatility, and OP, as you'd expect for a DLC character. Also awesome-looking. +EXE/hit plan. Will eventually be switched for Noire.
- Blanc: Cute leader. Decent reach. -Damagelimits since it's desperately needed for her EXE but then it hits like a truck. Will eventually be switched for Uni.

But yeah the hit count thing is why Blanc always seemed to hit hardest. It's just the lower speed making her go after everyone has built up hits.

Not sure if you're still around but Fortunate is "Slow time progression in town, moderate time progression out in the field".

All you need to know is that it's the best of both world option that dev decided to add after most people suggested.
Your characters can die from old age just by staying in town.

Now I have faster EXE. It's disgusting, especially with trash mobs and a large hitbox weapon, but then broken is encouraging me to see how far it can be taken and that's kind of fun. Progressed to regain Noire, who is proof of how overleveled the rest are (60s vs. 40s for Noire). I'm still occasionally surprised by random details. Before was cute idle animations, now it's that they actually have unique footsteps and appropriate for the floor they're on. Too bad they slacked on major ones like the levels, which manage to be copy-paste trash on par with Drakengard 3. Then they had the nerve to re-use them in Nep AU.

I played a little bit of AU as well just to have some fun with Uni. Considering whether to play RB2 after I'm done with RB1. Apparently it's safe to play RB3 without it, which has the retranslation, but I'm interested in the candidate girls so I might just suck it up with the bad translation, or pray it gets a surprise release.

I'm still lurking. Thanks, I wish they'd explain it like that in the game.

98% of RB;3 takes place in an alternate dimension to the main neptunia dimension. You see Uni a lot but you don't get to play as her mostly until the end and post-game.

I tried to get into rb1 but I was confused about when I'm supposed to use light attack and when I'm supposed to use heavy.

Like, any tips on making the combat or dungeoneering more fun? CGDCT doesn't hook me.

huh? I thought it only blocked scene when you streaming. Well, I guess remote play is kinda streaming, but instead of streaming to other peoples, you just streaming it to yourself

As I said, the game is very bad about explaining things or expects you to figure their utility out for yourself. I'm still learning.
- Cross = High guard damage, low regular damage. Guard broken enemies naturally take a lot more damage from any attack but they'll start healing guard points after being broken once.
- Square: The reverse.
- Triangle: Repeated weak hits, for building hit combo and EXE Drive gauge.

Hit combo matters because it affects damage output, and resets to 0 on enemy turns so there's actually a reason to hold back occasionally to have all girls attack at once. Another thing that isn't explained is that even though you can use the full combo, this actually takes longer. Yet another thing the game tells you little of is combo customization. You eventually get stronger attacks to slot in over the starting ones or just to devote more to something they're good at, and also a 4th attack to finish with if your EXE gauge is sufficient, can't remember what they're called. They don't consume the gauge to use.

That one image for early game advice is no joke: Life rings easily double your HP at that point, and buffing/debuffing remains useful even end game, especially for making you faster, or the enemies less likely to hit you.

Unfortunately I'd deem the game to be A: Overcomplicated (there's a lot of other things going on like your standard elemental weaknesses), and B: As soon as you get EXE Drive the game largely devolves into EXE gauge building for spamming them since they're so powerful (you can skip animations with L or touching the screen by the way). For me the appeal is mostly just in that I like running around figuring out how to break the game further, and doing sidequests. It's like a singleplayer MMO to me. Also I like the CGDCT and HGDHT, and dress-up options.

Finally, if you don't want to use FAQs, keep a notepad for where different items are. The game only tracks for you where monsters are, and what those drop. Additionally sometimes you have to disable plans to be able to find a specific enemy, if you're coming back to them later. Plans also open up new items, some cosmetic, some important like the improved healing items. Try for those at least even if you aren't gonna be obsessively crawling. There's always NG+ to go full explorer mode.

Is the gameanon happy I'm not posting hack shit for a change?

Uta1 Remake

How are the psp games in that series? I've been replaying the Z series but need a quick break after Z2.1's Gaioh fight. Fucking DaMONs.

Why do Nips make fun Tank games for shit platforms?

Vita will be a pretty good console once it is fully broken. Shame it can't play the new SRWs while also being hacked.

If I have a vita on the right firmware (I've done all the current hacks and whatnot), can I still do the remote play somehow? I'd love to play MHWorld in bed on my vita.

SD Gudam GGeneration Overworld got a translation a while ago. However, you're thinking of Super Robot Wars.

gbatemp.net/threads/sd-gundam-g-generation-overworld-english-translation.369219/

I am aware of the difference between the two, I simply assumed anyone into one would understand references to the other, given that the SD Gundam G games are essentially spin offs of SRW.

Does the tag on her head in first PIC say low quality gift?

Something to that effect. It's called the "Low-Grade Ribbon" in the English version. There's a few other items like that, I like it.

It should. I've been able to do it locally with my PS3 (or at least try to, the games weren't playable because it's not intended for many of them). The requirement is activation and linkage to the same PSN account so you'll need ReNpDrm.

It's already pretty good even with the disadvantages. If you're into the library at least.

What are the most worthwhile games to get on PKGI?
Are there any advantages to the Vita versions of Falcom games or Nep games over PC or whatever? Disadvantages?

Is there anything on this console that isn't weebshit specifically moeshit and shonen. How well is this console doing and why did it fail.

The games you want to play are the ones you download, unless they're 3.61+. What do you like?
Portability. Disadvantages are weaker graphics, iffy performance, and mod incompatibility.

Anyone bothered making a translation for Nights of Azure on the Vita?

It's mostly nip games and some shitty ports of western games. A significant portion of the library is a moe tiddie games and moe tiddie jrpgs. The console is pretty dead and failed in the west because the PSP had a thriving piracy scene that carried over.

What?
The Vita was released in 2012 in the US. It didn't get any real ability to pirate games until the end of 2016.
It had five years with no piracy
It died in the West because of $100 32gb memory cards and digital only releases.
Are you trying to say that the PSP userbase didn't buy the vita because pirating games wasn't possible?
That might be true but the current userbase of the Vita does or did previously before all the piracy guys ran in to dilute sales figures buy software.
archive.fo/4Mgev#selection-1791.248-1795.109

It's more that the fanbases of the stuff they brought over was used to pirating it (the tiddie games in nip), so they knew they could wait it out. The memory cards killed it on launch but could have been fixed over time.

There's a few. EDF, Wipeout, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Katamari, and Deception IV off the top of my head. The vita tried to sell itself off the novelty of playing 6th gen games on the go, so there's ports of MGS, Jak, Jet Set Radio, Sly, Ninja Gaiden, etc. Sadly, most of these suffer in framerate, so it's probably better just to play the originals. A lot of the Vita's library has PS4 ports or something like that, so take that into account.
There's loads of Omega Force musou games, plus a lot of monhun clones. Shmups include Söldner-X 2 and Dariusburst. Most dungeon crawlers are max weeb, but some RPGs aren't as bad. Digimon Story Cyber Sluth plays like an SMT game, and there's plenty of Falcom games (Ys specifically). Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is fairly unique in its artstyle, as are all the Vanillaware games (Dragon's Crown, Odin Sphere, etc). Finally, Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. Past the plot and BACKSTORY, there's actually some entertaining minigames.
I bought my Vita specifically because I could use homebrew and pirate all this shit to see whether it was good. Furthermore, I can play PSP and PSX games without bothering with emulators.
Not well. Like, Dreamcast circa 2002 not well
Same reason Wii U failed: terrible marketing on top of a mediocre product. Many will address the awful overpriced SD cards, but that's just one part of it. Sony failed to make a true PS2 Portable like the PSP was a PS1 Portable, and they had no idea what the library should be. They tried selling it as a peripheral for PS4 with remote play, and god knows what they were thinking with the PSTV. There's certainly enough 3rd party games to justify a purchase, but you're not going to see many new games coming out past 2018.
Worse yet, Sony announced they would not make a successor to compete with the Switch, which is kind of depressing.

Also, nice movie taste

gematsu.com/2018/01/metal-max-xeno-coming-west-new-character-misaki-tank-type-22-flakpanzer-detailed

fuck off

If you're a flithy EOP, sure.

Fuck off Japan. God damn.

I love this game. Why have I never heard of it till I got my Vita and started looking for some more games to play?

There were more people that only bought the PSP because they heard they could pirate the games or use homebrew.
The actual people buying games on the PSP would most likely have been small even without piracy because most people as in, normies don't even play tiddie games.
Currently the Vita has limited pirate capabilities and games are still sold so obviously the issue wasn't solely piracy.
The only reason it was possible to blame the PSP instead of limited appeal was because of how early it got JB/piracy at all.
They waited until the console was all but dead and the entire hardware line had ended? I somehow doubt that if it was possible to pirate on the vita earlier it would have been a success. The failure in hardware and distribution were far more of a factor.
The memory cards killed it forever. They could have fixed it with the slim revision like they did with the charger port change.
They chose not to because they were too obsessed with controlling how the games were accessed on the console as a "security measure".

People being reluctant to buy $250 handhelds probably didn't help.
Nintendo responded by cutting the price of the hardware and eventually introduced hardware revisions that fixed the issues earlier models had.
Sony sat there for too long with too many issues and "fixed" things that were not problems while ignoring the real issues.
They also ignored the initial users they had in an effort to get the users they "wanted". That's why at the start they had 1st party titles and ports Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank ports, etc but quickly gave up when they still weren't getting the people they wanted.
This is the most disappointing part tbh. I don't believe they lost money on the Vita, they just abandoned it because it wasn't 3DS success.
They did the same shit with the PSP because Sony seems to not understand that you can't get a DS/3DS install base on your 1st/2nd gen of new handheld lines.
The DS also suffered from piracy early in it's lifecycle but people still bought DS games because they liked the damn thing and Nintendo made efforts to continue bringing games over even after piracy became a "problem".
The PSP couldn't even maintain releases for games in the same goddamn series year to year.
People are going to disagree with this but I still believe the Switch only exists because Sony announced they weren't going to release a successor to the Vita
Just like the DS only exists because of the PSP.
Prior to the announcement of the PSP Nintendo was perfectly content rereleasing the GBA in as many different shapes and themes as they could think of. Then Sony announced the PSP, they knew they couldn't compete against it with current Gameboy hardware so a few months after that Nintendo announced the DS as a "third pillar" in their hardware lines.
This allowed them to experiment with newer shit without tainting the name of their handheld line. When it was successful they made it their new handheld line. The DS and PSP went head to head and Sony gave up because they couldn't handle the fact that they weren't an instant success with similar numbers like the company they were competing with who at the time had nearly 20 years of experience in handhelds.
Then the 3DS and Vita were announced and released. we all know how this went
So they announced they were just giving up on try #3 after never having really tried anything.
Nintendo responds by releasing the Switch, a "hybrid" home console and handheld with none of the good features of either. Why? Because they don't have a competitor in the handheld market anymore, they won. They get to celebrate by consolidating hardware lines because nobody buys Nintendo home consoles for their power.
They buy them because of the 1st party exclusives. Same thing with their handhelds.
So now they don't have to put effort into their hardware at all because people will buy whatever piece of shit is released that has the next Pokemon, Mario, or Zelda game.
And that is where the Switch came from.
Toranon level textwall

Welp, NISA will be localizing it then. Time to drop all interest.

Nintendo's next big challenge is getting anyone from theit handheld market to buy that overpriced abomination
For fuck's sake Sony, all you had to do was market your remote play to play off the huge success of your console but they couldn't be assed to do that
Imagine some dude playing near a tomato (or if they want cancer, an AA game) on his Vita for an ad, and that's really it or all you'd need and Sony would've made a killing

is the secret of mana remake out, yet?

No.

Sony Japan has done that recently but since the Vita has been discontinued since mid-2016 in Europe/America, it's normal you didnt see anything of it.

How noticeable or affecting is it?

It's got cute grills but it's barely anime artstyle plus the plot has very little slice of life aspects. Also the gameplay concept is unique and interesting, as opposed to weeb games like Persona, which only offer waifus

Yeah, Sony thought they were competing with the DS/3DS but forgot about the big picture. No reason a customer can't have more than one handheld, especially if all the games are cheaper than console releases.
Nintendo probably had more sales because of its younger fanbase, who don't know shit about pirating games. That, and DS releases weren't regularly struggling to break even, so more companies could take risks localizing a game they thought won't sell.
Maybe, maybe not. Nintendo would've kept the GBA alive longer if not for PSP, sure, but that only means DS would've had more time behind its design. Nintendo always likes doing weird gimmicks, which occasionally work well and sell. The gimmicks are what make them stand out, and get attraction by kids, moms, and balding cucks with terrible beards. 1st party exclusives just seal the deal on marketing (much easier to market "Star Fox in 3D" than explaining how Gravity Rush works)
But I think Sony announced they were giving up well after Switch released. Even so, Switch seems a lot safer in comparison to their other gimmicks, they're mostly trying to get back the people they lost with Wii U

Except remote play doesn't work without a good internet connection. People like the Switch because they can actually take the games with them, not just stream them while they sit on the toilet. In fact, that was what the Wii U already did, only it didn't require purchase of two separate systems.

How good of an internet connection is necessary for something like Tomato?

You would want something with extremely low latency and even then I'd argue that action games might become unplayable for some (depending on how much you can tolerate input lag).

I'd assume anything under 80 ms would be fine wouldn't it?

It's not the best Shiren but god damnit did I enjoy every second of it.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!! YES MY WISH IS GRANTED!

MY WISH IS GRANTED~~!!

I want to replay some snes roms but i hate retroarch. Is there something better or i'm stuck with it?

I think there's an snes9x port for the vita, I don't know if it is still being worked on or if it is any good though.

I've been out of vita hacking for a while now. Did Henkaku finally get PSN spoofing back?
I'm trying to link Ukiyo no Roushi to Ukiyo no Shishi on my ps3 but I'm asked to log into PSN to do it. I have no problem doing that on my PS3 since it's unmodded, but my Vita is still on 3.60 and I don't want to lose my homebrew and pirated games.

The graphics aren't majorly worse. The framerate matters less in a game of that form but it can get pretty bad when first loading an area, setting the camera to view far into the distance on some maps, or sometimes when there's a lot of flashy visuals during battle. As far as mods are concerned it only really matters for RB2 because of the retranslation, at least for now. RB3's got ported to Vita and RB2 could get it eventually.

You're stuck with it although RA is at least useable on Vita. The 3DS version is garbage.

HENkaku didn't but there's a solution in the form of ReNpDrm. You also probably missed NoNpDrm and pkgi. Pasta documents 'em but in short, game copying got waaay more robust and easy.

If they make a true portable version it'll be in strong consideration.

Fuck.
Does overclocking the Vita help with the frame rate at all? Or is it sort of doomed to it? Frame rate shouldn't matter too much but higher is always better, I've looked up some stuff saying it was locked to 30 on that, and is more likely to be seen as 20 FPS in most battles with drops
Even so I'm still considering it but fuck, I just wanna be comfy and have fun and sitting at my PC is okay for that but I wanna put my Vita to use

Actually I hadn't tried oclockvita with that game but it makes it significantly smoother, if you don't mind the battery tradeoff. Whether it's enough for you, you can always try it out first if you've got a hacked Vita, I'd lean towards portable even with the drawbacks.

Well, I would have thought Metal Saga's western reception prior would have scared off anyone from picking it up/the Japanese publisher from allowing it to come west, the way there was zero interest in the GBA, DS, and 3DS ones prior to this (and after Saga).

Does Kadokawa have an outright deal with NISA for the forseeable future, or do they just keep going with NISA because they're cheap whores? But yeah, this is a case where I'm more of a "wait and see" sort, than being actually excited yet.

Even then most discussion I've seen in Vita threads is about how Aksys took a number of liberties with the script.

I have to wonder if that "FLICK" was written specifically to look like "FUCK" at first.

The times they are a changin'. Hopefully the next big thing is getting rid of the old guard (((localizers))) and replacing them with less shit.
Pretty sure it's laziness or they just don't care and will go with whoever offers them the most money. Other titles they've published have been localized by WB interactive, XSEED, etc.

That's unplayable tier for me, ymmv.

Which one's the best? I tried the SNES one for a bit and the Vita game seemed to be an improvement in every respect.

discontinued? what?

No new Vitas have been produced for regions outside of Japan for a while.
The hardware has been considered "legacy" by Sony for a while.
This doesn't mean no new software was released outside of Japan but that all newly produced Vitas were made for the Japanese region.
New meaning, the newer colors and bundles, obviously you can still get "new" as in unopened hardware outside of Japan

Have any of the new JP vitas gone back to the OLED screen or are they all LCD?

Anyone have an SRW Z3 Jigoku Ken DLC maidump?

They're all LCD as far as I know, the only difference is new colors and higher shipped OFW.

So its still being manufactured in Japan? funny, I never felt it was discontinued, I always see Vita displayed in my local game stores and new games mostly PS4 ports but still. I didn't know Sony stop production completely

They have not produced new Vita hardware for regions outside of Japan and they, as in Sony themselves, don't develop new games although they haven't for a while before that, they're 3rd party releases.
Obviously certain gamestores will stock stuff that they think will sell, even Gamestop has a small Vita section for mostly used games and small amounts of new releases.

Where are you located? I don't even see vita accessories anymore in general stores.

You are pretty lucky. This time last year every single store near me decided to get rid of anything Vita-related, except for maybe a used Vita here and there.

What a tease.

twitter.com/theflow0/status/959790368903622657

I'm lucky to have that one shop that sells a bunch of Vita games. EB Games rarely has any, and only Western stuff 99% of the time. Very rarely they have used Vita systems, I've never seen a PSTV.

Yeah they're never gonna go back to manufacture the originals. Which is a shame because they're nicer to hold and have stunning screens.

New Bread When?

When the ruurus say you can. I did at least make sure it was archived before it fell off.