Doom Thread

Time for the end of year Doom thread, cus i got nothing better to do.

What wads you playan?

What Map packs you usan?

Are you having FUN?

Playing DoomRPG with RL Arsenal and one of the popular map packs off Doomworld, playing on Nightmare and spotted a CIANigger who keeps one shotting me.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/fd4bu64t90wy1ro/AADn4r100J_7zns8S5-_a6WBa?dl=1
devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/
mega.nz/#F!64d3HZBY!l9mrXM7-WkzIarhlhm2NRQ
github.com/Kyle873/DoomRPG/wiki
doom-rpg-rla.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_RPG_and_RLA_Wikia
dropbox.com/s/ipv1pamgxjvy6ih/wrathofcronosr1_6a.pk3?dl=1
dropbox.com/s/darwjdnpz1l1814/wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3?dl=1
dropbox.com/s/cpnio4ep2s90vgg/wrathofcronosdoompatch1_6.pk3?dl=1
archive.is/Qc1Pn
archive.is/amH8e
poal.me/e827xb
youtube.com/watch?v=zoEvE1aNoUU
ice.8v.allowed.org:1488/wads/
12gameovers.mooo.com/wads
zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8242
dropbox.com/s/urrnbtayektgpxg/MemoirsOfMagicDemo.rar?dl=0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutal_Doom
subvert.pw/s/audio/klezmerjewbg.ogg
doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/conf
github.com/shaunlebron/blinky
megaup.net/14gD/Moon_Man_v1_3_2b.pk3
gitgud.io/moon-men/moonman-doom
moddb.com/mods/quake-15
doomer.boards.net/thread/1007/shajeshogjjth-general-mapping-improvement-project?page=1#scrollTo=9242
dropbox.com/s/ejflkkvolalrnp1/2018-02-09 14-41-37.flv?dl=0
mega.nz/#!7RgQXbAT!yBZWbDw8i74gQVYqByAbE26JoWCDYUWiFMIjYc4eiJY
amazon.com/rope/b?node=511394
amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node=6646895011&field-keywords=Stool&rh=n:6646895011,k:Stool
amazon.ca/Panacea-86202-Ceiling-Hook-White/dp/B001B42CT6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck. nearly got him this time too.

Goddamn CIA this is bullshit but im having fun

Been going through some rocketjumping mapsets.
Fun stuff.

Happy new year nibbas.

Doom toim!

Something I'm working on.

Good shit. I've been using that combo way too much recently, since it feeds my loot fix. Still have yet to see a megaboss other than the random shadow aura overwind event, and I don't think it should count. Could be bugged, though, like a thousand other things in the mod. I still haven't found the target dummy that's supposedly in the outpost, or where you use platinum coins.

Anyone here ever play the X-Mass mod for Doom 3? Its got a so bad its good quality and its short enough to not overstay its welcome as a christmas mod. Worth playing for shits and giggles and has a completely new arsenal with the voodoo doll from Blood and the spellbook from Hexen 2.

HERESY

That's nuDoom, Doom 3 is kinda meh but whatever mods for it are pretty scarce.

I tried playing this but it's so fucking bizarre and there's so much shit that it makes my head spin.
First, how do you even play this shit? There's a guy I can talk to but he says I don't have enough rank to give me mission or something like that so the only thing I can do is mow down mobs in the arena. Second, what the fuck is this PP thing? Third, how do I pick up items from the ground (armor, boots) and how do I use them? There's nothing about that anywhere

Did they ever update that so we can finally save our characters again? I miss blazing through slaughterwads with my overpowered character and his massive collection of guns

So how long until someone mentions Brutal Doom in either a favorable or unfavorable way and then the thread gets derailed hard, just like every Doom thread nowadays?
That's exactly what happens with every Doom thread lately, and it seems no one can stop taking the bait.

ples help helper

Anybody got the wad pack that's in the don't use link shorteners in the pic on of the OP? It 404s now

dropbox.com/sh/fd4bu64t90wy1ro/AADn4r100J_7zns8S5-_a6WBa?dl=1
Here you go.

This is some really meta bait.

how the hell did you get it running? I remember it was a pain in the ass to get working years ago as well

Use an old version? IIRC something changed in GZDoom and broke it, and Graf went on a Tirade about how it was the Mods fault for using undocumented behavior that no one knew wasn't a feature because Graf doesn't document shit.

Community trusted some bitch ass - and community received faggot who does not care about compatibility.

seriously anons, how do you equip shit and take shit from the ground? and what's PP? and how do you do anything that's not arena?

If I could recommend a mod for just a moment, I really recommend High Noon Drifter, it's very simple, but what does well it does extremely well. The whip is easily my favorite part of the game as a skilled player can stop projectiles from hitting them.

Okay I think I got it. Button to equip stuff is not rpg specific but vanilla "use item" button. The outpost is there to get quests and PP is credit payout? Depending on your rank or maybe level? Some stuff I still haven't got the hang of.

you typed
instead of

Doom 3 has/had a decent amount of mods. Never as much as Doom 1 and 2 because of the amount of work involved but shit like the Dark Mod and all the map packs/campaigns for it are neat. Hell there's even a competitive promod for Doom 3 MP.

looks fun but one thing is bothering me in your picture.

Nope, still can't save. Tried the versions from the thread and the one from the github.

Also can't go to the outpost anymore since the Transport skill was removed.

You are aware he has been MIA ever since the Lillith wad Caco Award Results, right?

Hey user still need help? i got a few things to help

Before starting, go into options and configure controls like reload and menus, youll need em. also dont start at the Outpost, start at the chapter of the wad your playing.

Teleport is still ingame, its a free skill everyone has, put it on your skill wheel (which button you will configure as stated earlier)

Save often.

It's like you don't want to meme on him or something. Did he finally stopped working on his shitty source port for good?

devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/ has releases from yesterday.

Thanks. Configuring the controls was the first thing I did and I was getting worried cause I was running out of buttons kek. How do I put skills on the skill wheel? Is it [skill wheel button] + [open/use button]? Haven't tried it yet. Bought a skill once and it didn't appear on the wheel so I thought there was probably an extra step.

Last thing, what the fuck is this new HUD element on the github version of RPG? It's a bunch of colored arrows and doesn't seem to be related to anything except "stamina" (it starts draining when I use punches but so does the numbers on the corner, which makes this ugly shit useless). Also it can't be turned off.

Graf doesn't make those, those are an automated process. If you look at the git history, he hasn't done anything.

Doesn't matter Rachael is just as bad as Graf as "she" wants to drop OpenGL 2 even more so than him. I believe she wants to Drop 3 as well.

bump

Get DoomRPG and RLA easily from this handy mega link
mega.nz/#F!64d3HZBY!l9mrXM7-WkzIarhlhm2NRQ

Can you save your character in this version?

When loading a character, it says that it is corrupted (error 3). Maybe I'm just retarded and can't get it to work.

Time to recite the Litany of Please Fucking Work.

It does work, but you can't save your character so there's no point to it. Also there's an ugly new hud thingy (the colored arrows) that serves no purpose.

I haven’t updated to the github version, so I don’t know about this arrow shit, but to assign quick skills, go to the skills tab in the menu, have your cursor over the skill you want to assign, hold down your “open skill wheel” button, light the sacred incense (WD-40 flavor) and recite the eight mysteries of the Adeptus Mechanicus, use your left and right movement keys to pick a slot on the wheel, and then let go of the “open skill wheel” button.

Oh shidd :DDD
I didn't even see that the skills tab had several pages and stuff even though I knew how to use the Shop/Depot already. This opens so many possibilities.

Might as well make a list of helpful advice while I’m stuck and having to phonepost
Assuming you aren’t using the doom rpg launcher, you have to be careful with what order you load stuff in. The order that works for me and I believe is mentioned on the github wiki is; doomrla wad, doomrla hud, doomrla monster pack, and for the next three they need to be the folders inside the main doomrpg folder, which are the doomRPG folder, doomRLA folder, and the doomRLA monsters folder.
There are two wikis for this mod pack, a GitHub one and a wikia one. The github one is good for a sparse explanation of the major doomrpg mechanics, including stats and what all the glowy things around monsters are. The wikia is good for explaining (most of) what the unique/legendary weapons/armor do, including what effect each exotic mod has, which is extremely helpful.
github.com/Kyle873/DoomRPG/wiki
doom-rpg-rla.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_RPG_and_RLA_Wikia
Ok, first, go into the hell that is the doomRPG options and under the game difficulty tab look for the thing that says “shield removes armor while active.” See how it’s enabled by default? Fuck that shit. Also look at the monster population/limit sliders in here, you’ll need to change these if your game goes to 0.0003462 FPS on maps with 1000+ monsters. Now that that’s done, let us actually talk about shields. Shields have four parts, a body, a capacitor, a battery, and an accessory. You need the first three to use a shield, and you need to assign a button to turn your shield on and off. If you’re hit by an EMP effect your shield and augs will be automatically disabled, so you’ll have to manually turn them back on every time. Unlike weapons/armor which cap out at superior quality, you can eventually buy every shield part, even if they’re hideously expensive.
No. Don’t touch them, don’t even think about them, or else you’re taking even more of a risk of the display bug happening
Doomrpg runs a shitton of scripts constantly, so naturally it has more bugs than an acre of farmland. The display bug is my own nickname for it, what it is is that a script goes bad but doesn’t tell you until you finish a map transition, at which point four turret related scripts will spontaneously fail and you will no longer be able to see any menus, although you can still access them. The best advice I can give is to have at least two saves at all times, and only save immediately after loading into a level and checking to see if you can see the menu.
Those are pretty simple, you access them from the menu, there’s aug slots, canisters and upgrade canisters. You need to upgrade an aug once to use it, along with having an open slot. You press shift/run button to upgrade augs and your use button to turn them on/off.
Tough shit. Once you’re a high enough rank you’ll be able to access missions that’ll drown you in credits, but if you want things other than unique weapons or armor, which is really the only big reason to do missions, since at the hardest difficulty there’s usually a couple unique level items scattered in the rewards, find yourself a level with an easily killable cyberdemon or spider mastermind, they always drop a thousand credits and a couple thousand upgrade modules, and will often drop either a shield part or an aug related item, like a slot or canister, usually an aug upgrade unit. You can also use the outpost arena to grind experience and get other shit. If you get all six keys go to the blue dev room that’s off of the barracks and jump the edges until you warp into a secret teleport that checks if you have all the keys and will send you to a room with a bunch of credits and some other goodies.
After you get enough rank to get out of recruit hell you can interact with the guy next to the level teleporter, more difficult missions are unlocked with higher ranks, you can select which set of missions you want by holding the run button down and using the left/right movement keys. High difficulty missions are the most reliable ways of getting unique equipment and armor.
It says the body’s too long so I’m posting the rest in a separate post.

Good news, there’s a bunch of rare loot on the level, probably including a demonic weapon, which can be incredibly powerful. Bad news, tiny floating flesh blobs are going to spawn in constantly after a few seconds and are going to maul your ass unless you have a couple invulnerability canisters or a high enough damage resistance, since they technically do 1 damage or so, just that they do it 100 times a second. Anyways, the level teleporter will always tell you if there’s an event in a level with some text below the level stats, even though they can be descriptive as “ooga booga gunna gitchu space marine.” Level events that fuck with the monster count/type don’t work on levels you haven’t cleared yet. Also keep a couple of hazard suits/ light amp goggles handy because a couple of events including my example fuck with the light levels or make everything radioactive.
That’s a shadow aura, you can remove it with the maxed weaken skill, and nothing can kill you while invulnerable except hellstorm elementals also fuck hellstorm elementals. The other problem is that you’re gonna need to do enough damage to go through its massive damage reduction. The BFG and its assembled versions can kill them in a couple of shots if uou fire point blank. The anti material rifle and the gauss rifle also do massive amounts of damage, and the unique weapon particle beam cannon does a metric fuck ton of damage, more if modded with a sniper pack. Also there’s a damage aura skill and a damage multiplier aug to further increase your damage.
Some monsters are effectively immune to plasma or fire damage, always keep a weapon that fires bullets or pellets for those encounters.

Also
It’s a regular credit payout that’s based on your rank, the default time is once every ten minutes but you can change it in the options somewhere

Are you sure about that? From what I remember invulnerability did nothing against sloth's projectiles and I had to spam time stop orbs, unless that was changed or something.

I have never encountered a mega boss so I wouldn’t know that. Let’s say almost nothing can kill you when invulnerable, and the most likely thing to kill you are hellstorm elementals.

Fuck yeah the thread lives!

Quick question for DoomRPG, whats that screen popup every now and then? is that what
said?

That's probably it.

It's what's in your pants, user. :^)

time to read though it.

that image is outdated because it refers to Holla Forums as a containment board

Yeah, Cuckchan is the containment board.

v8 says the same thing

Honest question, is brutal doom worth playing? It seems really fucking flashy but I have no clue what it actually does.

I thought it was outdated since it said 4chan mods

That's largely all it is. The guns are louder and flashier, the gore is more ridiculous, there's flashier graphical effects, and you can interrupt gameplay for gorey kill scenes. SgtMark just took the first few pages of the Doom comic and decided to make a whole mod around that kind of sentiment.

I know this is more specifically a Doom thread, but I have a Hexen-related requst: does anybody have the Wrath of Cronos mod that they would be willing to upload somewhere? I want to play it but the download link in the mod's zdoom forums thread is dead.

Enjoy.
dropbox.com/s/ipv1pamgxjvy6ih/wrathofcronosr1_6a.pk3?dl=1
dropbox.com/s/darwjdnpz1l1814/wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3?dl=1
dropbox.com/s/cpnio4ep2s90vgg/wrathofcronosdoompatch1_6.pk3?dl=1

Thanks user

Play Project Brutality instead. It's a branch of Brutal Doom that actually tries to make something interesting gameplay-wise instead of just making the game le epic gorefest. It adds a large variety of weapons which are mostly distinct from one another and also adds about two or three dozen monster variants.

got a bigger one user?

I think he also broke something from Final Doomer 2.0. I get a console error when trying to change JPCP's hud.

you forgot to mention how PP is broken and doesnt actually work because the dev replaced the old payout system with it as a temporary placeholder right before he decided to quit the mod

Recently finished Adventures of Square on Cubular difficulty. Wasn't as hard as I was expecting it to be, though it was still fun(thought there were going to be more new harder enemy varients, but one more was more than enough I suppose). Thought of doing a speedrun based playthrough, but I think it's time to give it a rest. Looking forward to the second episode, whenever that's going to be come out.

Thanks Graf.

JUST

Whoever uploaded the stuff on the vola thanks.

Bumping lads.

could someone reup the doom stuff to the infini/v/ola? didnt get all those yearly wad packs.

bump?

Can anyone suggest any megawads to play with Final Doomer? Especially wads that fit with a specific class's theme.

Aside from the ones the classes are named for? Maybe Hellbound, dunno.

Also Unloved but I don't remember if its a megawad.

How good does doom look on a CRT?

Stating the obvious

don't buy doom 4

It's alright, it's just not Doom. I'd say it's worth the $15 you can get it on sale for these days.

Enjoy your pinata drops, faggot.

Stop trolling around, Todd

No u

Even if the game was amazing, it would never be worth showing support for such a predatory, morally bankrupt company as Bethesda/Zenimax.

Now honestly I can agree to disagree about the second point because the position that assholes shouldn't earn money is fine, but don't even try to tell me Doom 4 wasn't the best shooter in years.

>guys, you totally gotta buy all the shitty games that are released, or developers will just make shittier games
It being king among a pile of shit isn't a grand achievement. To say it's pretty good in modern times isn't a mark of its quality, but a comment on the sad state of the genre. To say it's the best shooter in years is like calling someone the smartest guy in special ed.

Yeah ok, as someone who has a corporate job I can tell you that those sales numbers do matter on products, even when they're bought at a heavy discount. There's nothing wrong with buying a game.
Yeah I'll bet you don't vote either.

What are you even arguing about, anymore? I don't buy products I think are shit. I encourage people to not buy products I think are shit. If that leads companies to make shittier products, that doesn't mean I should start buying products that are slightly less shitty so they won't do that. It just means I shouldn't buy those shittier products, either. Video games are a luxury, not a necessity. Also, there are so many great games and mods for them out there, already, that I probably could never play all of them in my lifetime. If the corporation decide to respond to my lack of purchasing their games with even shittier ones, that sucks, but that's on them for deciding to try making more money by nickel and diming customers, instead of making games that are worth buying.

0.10$ has been added to your account.
No, Nudud doesn't even hold a candle to OG Painkiller/Croteam's SS games. If you think it does that means you should kill yourself already, my man.

The game's DRM is already cracked so trying the demo isn't even necessary anymore. Is it still 6GB?
archive.is/Qc1Pn - nuDoom Demo 2
archive.is/amH8e - nuDOOM Demo

Why should I waste 15 dollars on 80 gigabyte bloatware that can't even fit more than 10 enemies on screen when I could just play this for free?

I still can't get over how some fucking Doom .wads took nuDoom and made it awesome.

What wad?

Sorry, forgot. It's called La Tailor Girl. All the outfits have their own abilities and can affect how the guns operate.

Anyone in here into Project Brutality? It's been getting updates weekly for fixes and new content so far. Latest update includes a lightning gun upgrade for the heavy plasma rifle, and it's pretty fun to use.

nice thx

i hope they made up with sgtmark after leaking bd21 features, they were making nice progress cooperating. and those new sounds are sick.

I've been playing Brutal Doom for a while. Pretty far in but haven't beat it yet.

I have the same progress in PSX Doom, just 8 levels to go and playing it with vanilla/PSX weapons.

I love Doom 4 and Brutal Doom.

Last I left off I invaded hell and penetrated the castle. It's a quite long wad, I've been playing it on and off for a few months now.

No one cares todd.

poal.me/e827xb
bunch o' jokers around here got their custom votes taken away.

I'd say steal a bunch of maps, but mash them into each other in GZDoom Builder. I had a similar idea to make a Mercenaries map, but couldn't quite get it to count monsters right.

you know what they say
youtube.com/watch?v=zoEvE1aNoUU

La Tailor Girl is pretty neat. You'd expect it to just be a cliché fanservice mod but the guns are really cool. It's fun to juggle outfit after outfit to try and get different functions for guns.

Would you look at that. Might as well post my server here.
>Wad servers: ice.8v.allowed.org:1488/wads/
>and 12gameovers.mooo.com/wads
You have to add them to connect, so that we can use custom wads that won't be found on the normalfag servers. It's a little annoying but I don't think there's another way. If you remember the name, it's the server we used for the Christmas party and the Holla Forums gamenight.

Nice. Reminds me a bit of Unidoom.

Oblige development ended and no one noticed. I still feel like 4.28 was the best overall but it's still sad to see it won't get any more tinkering. Anyone know how to make Oblige make more building maps? Those were my favorite. I wish if I knew how to work its settings better I would just make episodes filled with nothing but maps featuring buildings.

I noticed, also got mentioned on Intermission like 2 months after the fact. Such a great tool to test weapon mods.

That sucks. I know that OBLIGE can let you make your own addons through LUA scripting and there is a forum that lets you post your OBLIGE addons, but pains to see the latest version feel so lackluster compared to the previous ones.

www.dropbox.com/s/7tg4x232c0kt4ih/Shajeshogjjth.wad?dl=0

play dat shit in zdoom

What's wrong with playing it in zandronum?

wasn't tested for it, might look funny.

My friend is making a custom doom enemy,what do you guys think?

Wonderful

Souls that form from wall blood decals?

Yeah.
Zandro can't play it properly (ceiling stalagtites in the floor, statues not grey instead of black, evileyes don't sit ontop of the baron's heads.)

Let me get him on the line,he can explain better.

So I assume it is because the wad is configured for the latest version of ZDoom to run properly, which Zandronum isn't based off of yet. I also assume GZDoom should work as well.

That's correct.

It actually explores a neat idea that hasn't really been used before, at least as far as I know.

Hello, creator guy of blobby thing here, and yes, it is a lost soul spawn from a wall.

In short, it's so lost souls can be a bit more surprising than just sitting around.

In longer, it's based off of a cut Doom 1 enemy that Romero mentioned. Only the 3 front Sprites were extracted, so I gave it rotations and function. I have the thing almost done, and will be uploading it as a resource for others to use soon.

I recall seeing this. Cool.

Look's pretty good so far. I'd like to see how users are going to implement them in wads and such.

They have a transparency to them, so it shouldn't be too hard to fit a few into some rooms.

I don't hear sounds from the chaingun, is that normal?

That guy on the right looks really uncomfortable and regretting all life decisions which led him there.

Damn, that looks really cool.

Whoops, that was an old version of eonweapons. It's fine now.
MOTHER FUCKING CAPTCHA

Thanks, had myself a good match (-10 spread curbstomp), but I enjoyed myself.

Compliment the maker,not me.

Yet another reason to not buy NuQuake.

Besides the fact it's free?

Is there any way to adjust the FOV in BloodGDX? I'm so used to playing FPS with a FOV of 110 that 90 feels really uncomfortable.

No not yet, custom FOV is a demanded feature too.

Has Holla Forums got a server up still?

There is a deathmatch server at , but no one's in that server as of late.

Its weird because there is almost no enemies in the area, i wonder if another source port would run better

The Doom modding community will improve substantially the day that nigger is hit by a bus.

Is there anything that compares to Doom and what you can do with it?

Why does everyone named Graf whatever-faggot always suck so much dick?

Anyone have that Descent infographic lying around? I saw it posted here a few threads ago and didn't get a chance to save it; Have a Quake guide for the trouble.

Life isn't fair.

I want to make a total conversion of Doom. Where do I go to start learning how?

But goys goys! Just wait and see till I am adding Vulkan to GZDoom! It will fix everything and improve everything! Just trust me!

I guess start by modding bits and pieces, enemies, weapons, level textures until you completely convert it.

I wanna hear about your experiences with other Grafs.

You can always use zdoom or qzdoom, even if zDoom is outdated for mod compatibility there is nothing stopping you from using qzdoom.

I don't know where to get the resources to start modding.

zdoom and qzdoom use the same networking algorithm as gzdoom.

First ask yourself what you want in your mod

Gzdoom or zandronum.
zscript, which is supported by zdoom, qzdoom and gzdoom
DECORATE, supported by everything.
zandronum

What tools you should use:
SLADE3, DoomBuilder 2 (for gzdoom, GZDoomBuilder bugfix), aseprite, audacity, some decent text editor (notepad++ or sublimetext or whatever the fuck you autistic ass uses).
Maybe some 3d modeling program if you want to model something to turn it into sprites or just use 3d models.
Also magicavoxel if you want voxels.

Just get some mods, unpack them using SLADE3, learn how they do it, read tutorials, etc.

Thank you. You're the best!

Can I get confirmation that the Zandro devs offered to help that shitbag to give GZDoom a proper network code?

There's a thread on the zandronum forums about it and the nigger apparently never responded to their attempts or something, there hasn't been any posts in it for some time.

Would this be the aforementioned thread?
zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8242

Yeah, looks like it. I'm assuming something would've been said had he given some kind of response, regardless of the response.

MoM user here, but I thought I may as well post this here as well. You can find more information about this in the Demo Day thread. I finally released my Demo for MoM, however.

dropbox.com/s/urrnbtayektgpxg/MemoirsOfMagicDemo.rar?dl=0

Nick bits and pieces from other mods, edit them a lot to get familiar with how the code works and how things are made.
Then make your own.

Go demo a noose.

Rude

Nigger I've seen footage of this guy's "game". It's literally as gay as a game can get without actually rendering a guy's junk.

That sounds like your type of game.

If you're playing on GZDoom, then there's your problem. I'm going to assume this mod is ZDoom-only though.

what do you think?

One game I wish I had a graphics card for. From what I managed to see through forcing GZDoom to render with software(and broken graphics from the result), I did like what little I could see.

This actually looks a lot better in motion than the screenshots, the occasional 3D buildings are a nice touch too.

How would a class based off of Going Down for Final Doomer be like? I'd assume the cell weapons would have Fractal Doom-esque properties as a reference to Cyriak's work.

So this is the power of ZScript

I'd say something that allows for frantic, rapid shooting.
And for the BFG a charge-up mechanic.

I downloaded the newest zdoom on the main site and it worked.

I was under the belief that Doom players were mostly, if not totally, comprised of right-wingers. Why the fuck is Holla Forums "nasty"? I mean, this is a 4chan image so I guess I already have my answer.

Nobody here bothered to change it, then again most Anons didn't even know that 8Doom threads used to be where a whole bunch of crossboarding Holla Forumsacks hung out but that's not really true anymore.

And you'd be totally wrong because the community has been cucked for quite some time.

5-10 years ago, maybe, but Doom's "easy to mod" abilities have attracted the kind of crowd you would expect based on current events. Unfortunately the quality of releases has decreased as a result.

Funny, I actually wanted a game like this as a platformer, where you could switch between different fanservice outfits to alter your movement options. In practice that would've been hard to pull off in an interesting or fun way. Altering the weapons and providing different buffs works far better, and this actually handles it pretty damn well, I love it. Not so happy that the weapons lean towards pew-pew-pew trash, but at least they're easy to aim in chasecam view. Toast schoolgirl!

Elements have shown up in other games but I haven't seen them brought together in that way, no. Like, you've got clothing damage/frantic mode in Senran Kagura but the outfit selection matters bugger-all to gameplay. Most games with dress-up just have them provide different stats, if anything.

They're stealthy too I expect, otherwise you could just teleport the regular ones in through any standard monster cache method.

Current year Gaijin 4koma potential?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutal_Doom
Alright, which one of you funny pranksters did this?

>Lizardman will receive level 3 thief's sword instead of level 3 axe in case of completing arena questline

Oy vey a shekel clicker mod for MoM! subvert.pw/s/audio/klezmerjewbg.ogg

hold the fuck up

Why is there no mention of Doom 3 and Doom 2016?

doom 3 is an alright game that in no way deserves to be lumped together with turd salad 2016, that's just plain disrespectful

What exactly is wrong with Doom 2016?

Level design having exploration and demon shooting being too separate is one major issue.

The fact you should leave. I'd rather you start talking about traps and their sexuality in this thread.

It's 55 gigs of space, for one.

You're not Holla Forums and you never will fit in. Just
ALL OF YOU FAGGOTS
Tell me. Are there any new WADs that are not puke that the cacofaggots couldn't stop fucking writing up their own assholes about?

Level design and demons are great. Weapons feel great, music is top notch. If there was a rating between 1 and 10 I would give it 9. Cant wait for id to make a sequel

I know there are a lot of close minded people here, so I'll just tell you I am staying right here xD

Bruh

I know you put a lot of time and effort into this, but every time I see it and can't help but think
It plays well, though.

Lets start with non gameplay issues
This, coupled with Denuvo, will make this game the perfect example of a game that only existed in a certain era, and was only played in that era. It won't have the same lasting power as Doom 1 & 2, hell, it won't have the lasting power of Doom 3.

Now objective gameplay issues:
So the gameplay turns into kill -> explore -> kill -> explore
This is not a gameplay choice, it's a technical limit and they try to mask this by saying that monsters are "deadlier" or "have better AI" but it's bullshit and you know it. If they could add more monsters, they would.
They tried to mask this by making your FOV bigger by default

It's a good game (for current year +3), just not a good Doom game. Then again, we haven't had a good Doom game since 2.

Also, it was designed with consoles in mind, the great destroyer of interesting FPS mechanics and gameplay.

I'll check out your thing then. I hope it isn't a bitcoin miner.

Didn't Bethesda remove Denuvo from Doom after it got cracked?

It's admirable that he's trying to make it stand on its own as a game, but his furry tendencies just manage to seep into the cracks of the game. That hawk man is pure gay fap bait.

I did not know that, still, without modding tools, it's going to be forgotten.

Holla Forums is full of larpers more concerned with lifestyle choices than actual digging.

It has other issues, like the art style being plain ugly, but the furbait does take away from the .wad a lot.

Okay, this seems very furry at the start but is surprisingly not at the start. Is that just stolen SoulBlazer music or something? I like where this is going as long as it doesn't get too furfaggy.

He could at least make them look good even if they are furries. I'm a furfag and think they look awful.

Confinement Community Project sounds interesting in that the gimmick are that its map sizes are between 1024x1024 to 2048x2048, so level design has to be compact and interesting.
doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/conf

Funny thing is that when Doom2016 was first released, the E1M1 classic level has an impossible secret to obtain because the player character is too slow to reach the lift in time after the trigger is activated. That has been patched by making the lift stay down a bit longer, instead of actually making Doomguy faster.

Shut your faggot mouth already and go weep on /tg/ or something. Oh, right.

I meant Holla Forums. Same difference.

Holla Forums is shit

Stop right there faggot.

Clear misfire, user. I apologize.

It's nice to see you have an active /tg/ here, I gave it up for dead long ago before showing up here. Well done. I hope it isn't full of avatarfags and the like.

The Money Purse, Misty Forest Sequence Break and Throw able Items disappearing are normal!

The Other stuff needs to be fixed, and the Lizardman getting the LVL3 sword… That quest line shouldn't even activate in the demo?

Oh, and sorry to double post, but the entire OST is 100% original.

It doesn't. I just looked at map scripts in DB's script editor

I actually removed a lot of stuff just in case some one did that. But some of the stuff I don't mind people data mining in there

You have no idea how much of a pain it was to remove all the other summons in case some one found them!

He's well past that point, mate.

I think he mean's more so in terms of the games content. Honestly, outside of Starting city, I think most people can breeze past it. I am not saying I am intentionally doing any of this, just based on peoples reactions, the other areas are what I would say are "less furfaggy". The bee's don't come off as furfaggy, right?

Lad, you've got a furry looking at you in the bottom left the entire time.
I don't want to be too cruel here because this is clearly a pet project of yours, but it reeks of "this is my fetish".

Oh come on, of course you're gonna have your character there. Doom guy grins at you the whole time normally. He just needs to make the look better.

Oh right any ideas how to get this into Doom? github.com/shaunlebron/blinky

Here Holla Forums Anons play the demo.
archive.is/amH8e - nuDOOM Demo
archive.is/Qc1Pn - nuDoom Demo 2

Whats the problem with .rar?… would you like me to upload it in another format for you?

Old RAR is inefficient compared to 7z which has both a better compression ratio and faster compression/decompression, RAR5 requires people to install shit programs to unpack (might have changed) and obviously both are proprietary.

he fucking is though, ask him yourself because he's in the thread
fucking mindless shitposting faggot

What's the latest version of Moonman Doom?

I finally got around to seriously trying this. I really like a lot of this. The art style is charming. I like all the little things to find. I especially liked the collectable statues. The puzzles were also nice. However, I had a lot of issues, too. I don't like how the very first area is this large, winding, mostly empty maze that takes forever to get anywhere. I didn't like how enemies would just randomly spawn in groups of ten or so. Also, playing as the cleric, melee felt almost outright useless. Getting close to anything felt incredibly dangerous. The game feels very balanced around ranged combat. I wouldn't mind this so much, except for the fact that ammo for the ranged weapons was incredibly limited in how you could replenish it. So, it felt like the combat was geared toward using a gun, primarily, but the ammo system felt like it was geared towards primarily using melee. The only time I felt combat really worked was when you only faced a few enemies at once, which didn't happen, often, for the time I played. As a result, combat wasn't really satisfying. Melee felt like I was gimping myself, while using the gun had this constant thought of its limited ammo looming over me.

Alot of these concerns have already been fixed. Also, I think Melee is something that comes in handy at LVL2. I am surprised people used Melee as much as they did in the demo!

You know something like h-doom but without cutesy anime monster girls would be nice.

Isn't HDoom basically Brutal Doom with sex fatalities?

Is there some way to stop GZDoom from loading a save on dying when I want it to have the traditional death penalty? I can disable autosave but if I make a manual save it'll remember that. idclev works but that's annoying.

Still playing La Tailor Girl. The clothing mechanic really is fantastic, partly because the different ones are cool and varied enough to make you want to try them out. Tying into that, it gives very strong encouragement not to get hit since some outfits can only be repaired up to a point (one can't be at all), and the last thing you want is to lose what you're wearing, especially if a favourite/rare one. Being naked is a death sentence and not fun, so you don't actually try playing that way. Shame the visuals aren't so great but I can live with them.

I'm still pretty surprised this idea didn't occur to the Japs since it ties in great to a lewd game. Like, there is Akiba's Trip 2 but the variety in that is in the weapons. All the outfits are functionally the same even if the stripping mechanic is fleshed out.

What, like Impse? Why would you want this.

He's more or less asking for HDoom but with the demons looking like this instead.

I'm pretty sure there are those degenerate enough to prefer HDoom to be Impse but with all monsters.

I don't know of any mods that make everything like Impse but I do know of a project somebody's working on similar to HDoom that feminizes the demons instead of completely redesigning them.
Pic unrelated.

The guy who made it keeps a blog or forum doesn't he? However the latest I have is 1.3.2b

megaup.net/14gD/Moon_Man_v1_3_2b.pk3

There is a gitgud hub for the mod and it's up to version 1.4 now.
gitgud.io/moon-men/moonman-doom

You understand my wants,good sir

The knees don't bend backwards, that's ankles and the knees are above and bend forwards like usual NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEE

You fucking retard… have you never seen the hind quarters of a fucking quadruped?

There we go, thanks.

Is the boom-box fixed?

I'm guessing he's referring to the "upper knee". What's down from the "lower knee" it's just feet, and instead this artist just drew the calves in front of the reverse knees which is weird and just plain anatomically incorrect.

Despite having no idea what's going on in that picture,i just gotta say,i wanna be dominated by a hell knight,that's all.

Understandable

not exactly what i was expecting to spin

Barons/knights of hell have reverse-jointed legs, though. Just look at their walk cycles.

Barons don't have a first knee. They just have the hip joint and a single reverse knee where human knees usually go. And their calves do go in front of the reverse knee. The artist isn't wrong, the enemy's anatomy is just weird.

This is a pretty good example of what i meant by hdoom but not shit.

It certainly made my head spin. Because I fell for it.
Again.

You might not have to wait much longer. Base on what Graf has revealed about his life over the years I place him to be in his mid to late 40s, maybe even his early 50s.

Graf has a huge anger problem, a people with anger problems tend to have shorter life spans. The average life span of a man in Germany is 78.7 years.

Research has shown that Anger issues reduce a persons lifespan by about 9 years, not getting married by 5 years, not owning a pet 2 years, sitting for 6 hours + a day shaves off 6 years, and finally not having sex another 8 years. This adds up to a total of 30 years. 78.7 - 30 years = 48.7 years so Graf will probably die by 2020.

Spooky

but you are not accounting for climbing stairs up and down, or other life extending factors.

Don’t be retarded.

I'm doubting the veracity of his claims, anyway. I get anger issues, as it's related to stress, and inactivity, but the pets, marriage, and sex things seem kind of iffy. I get that pets can help with stress, but that depends if you're stressed in the first place. Marriage can be just as damaging as it can be helpful, depending on the circumstances. And the whole sex thing is too vague. Does it have to be with a partner? I can get the occasional orgasm helping out, but I don't see how having someone there when it happens is going to make it that much healthier.

And?

It's a deep reflection on how Doom has lasted so long, despite being released in the early nineties.

Can anybody recommend a christmas themed doom wad? i'm sure there's plenty,right?

For pets it's more then just "reducing stress" if you didn't bond with your pet then why the hell did you even get one? And high maintenance pets demands your attention both mentally and physically literally a sense of purpose. Although for marriage it's kind of weird since guys benefit from it more then women even if it's a shitty relationship even just having a lot of social bonds with friends that means something can help your longevity.
There are biological mechanisms that do not trigger when you masturbate to orgasm, that only happens when you have sex with a partner. Even just having someone else masturbate you to orgasm can induce these biological triggers.

moddb.com/mods/quake-15
anybody played this Quake 1.5 mod? also are there any maps or campaigns made for Arcane Dimensions? I really like the new enemies and changes.

Whole video of them.

Looks like Brutal Doom shit.

They made the starting shotgun feel too powerful like a faster Super Shotgun, basic soldiers now gib in one hit from the shotgun instead of requiring multiple shots.

you're silly

i haven't played it, not sure if the damage vars are turned way up in the video for demoing. i wouldn't mind a more high damage weapon in quake, if it shot slower and the enemy were also deadly.

You're missing a third tier, titled "MONSTERS".

Add it yourself,if you're so great

I shall

When you post something dumb enough you make the post-gooning doom community look slightly less dumb by comparison, you really fucked up. Anywhere else, holding a fuckton of old compatibility would be considered bloat by the same people asking for it here, who are also the same people that would screech about a modern game being multiple gigabytes because textures aren't fucktarded 128x128 jpegs and sound files aren't 48kb/s mpeg-3s.

The biggest influx of the goon community in doom was around the tumblrtale game came out and you irresponsibly meming faggots and your "AGITATED SKELETON REVENANT XD" memes intertwined with tumblrtale's skeletons and the entire thing crossed over. It started cancering itself earlier but that's where it devolved into the point all the big server hosts started banning people for saying nigger or having nigger in the name. Grandvoid of course seems to no longer exist, which is good because they all should commit suicide.

Furfags get the rope.

That's not how that works and you know it.

Nice copypasta

It's Doom. It shouldn't need a powerful system to run, that's also why it's an attractive game for porting. I'm definitely grateful if it continues to support OpenGL 2.x as that's all my non-botnet computer can handle.

My map needs some textures, one for the floor, one for the walls, one for the ceiling, and one for the pillars. Send me silly shit to use for them, 64x64 image size should be fine.

owo it's the game with the imp boy

RAR is badware, user. You should stop using it, for filesize's sake, for compatibility's sake, and for the sake of your freedoms.

This. Use .7z or even just plain .zip for simplicity.

here you are my good sir I look forward to your completed map

And this, kids, is why you don't let the kind of utter sperglords who draw monstergirl porn make Doom mods, and you certainly don't let them into your secret club of inter-mod shilling. This is about 1 step away from being full-blown furfaggotry. At least the seekrit society of GZDoom powermodders seems to have stopped endorsing this fucking thing everywhere as of late.

As apposed to the anons here who wants a mod where you fuck the actual demons. :^)

It's called XENOPHILIA, dad.
It's not for furfags AND it's not faggotry. It's some of the best material from boards superior to ours with a deep, intricate inhumanity that a MONSTERFAG like you wouldn't understand.

If only you could talk to these creatures, then perhaps you could try and make friends with them, form alliances. Now that would be interesting.

that goes to Evolve you fucking niggerfucker

Except monster-girls ARE furry you fucking faggot.

Oh hey Sarais, how's it going? Ganaoque Ontario was it? What was you mother's name again … Cynthia? Father is Stephen Anderson? Oh man, might be the same one who own the construction company too. I wonder what daddy dearest would have to say about your fatty fetish and online spergouts?

That shit is pretty fun.
Bunny suit upgrade is a bit overpowered though.

[angry slime noises]

Try harder you sniveling retard. That's not my DA page.

Everyone already knows it's yours dumbfuck. Your reaction just proves I'm right. Or should I go dig up the image proving that too? Why don't you just do everyone a favor and remove yourself already.

Obviously they don't. You have three attempts to find one of the three abandoned DA pages that are actually mine.

They're demons, user. If they don't speak exclusively in tongues then every word they will say will be a greater part of some effort to fuck you over in some way as hard as possible. Demons are meant to be slaughtered like animals after all.

Well let's just dumb the longform image then. I'll be waiting for your transition then inevitable suicide once everyone is so wise to your stupid little games that trying to get pity doesn't get you attention anymore.

Maybe I will call your parents though, it's not like I live far from you. I'm sure they'd be interested to know that their weirdo son is basically giving away their information to random strangers online by being such a retard.

>having a (((DeviantArt))) account
A reminder that DA has been bought by an Israeli company.

Go ahead and call them then, faggot. There's no relation, that image is horrible cherrypicking, and you're a fucking mongoloid for obsessing over me like you are now.

Do I have to fucking spoonfeed you?

>having a (((DeviantArt))) account
That's my point

It took me less than 20 minutes of my time to dox you on a whim. As usual you give yourself far too much credit.

Do it right you fucking faggot. There's over a billion people on this planet. Multiple people with the same name is not unheard of. This bait is fucking sad.

Methinks the furry doth protest too much

It's time to stop pretending to be retarded.

Enlighten me.

How's your mapping going? Have you managed to make something actually worthy of a playthrough after all that unfinished mess you've been pushing out before?

You suck at internet searches.

Really activates my almond

Come on now. You're giving me credit that will never happen.

Tim was right.

Say that to my face, not online and see what happens.

Incase you still want to give me undue credit though, I've still been working on garbage.
doomer.boards.net/thread/1007/shajeshogjjth-general-mapping-improvement-project?page=1#scrollTo=9242

One of which (the dropbox) is thematically based off of Krinkel's old Madness Combat shtick

user, the review is shitting on Doom for not being Ultima Underworld. This can not be seen as a good thing. Tim was pure.

Well, we know how that turned out (it was fucking garbage)

The premise in the review sounds more like any of the SMT games, but I guarantee anyone here would call that garbage too.

SMT?
Also isn't undertale virtually doom-but-an-rpg? Hear me out:
Sans = mancubus
Papyrus = revenant
goats = barons/knights
omega flowy = literally the icon of sin

Shin Megami Tensei, and don't give Game Theory any ideas.

He tried to copyright the word "Edge". Your shitpost is unamusing.

Why is this allowed? Why is he allowed to make shitty "SANS IS NESS LMAO!" 'theory' videos when his other, more thought out videos are superior? The fuck?

You mean videos like 'WHO THE REAL VILLAIN IN DOKI DOKI LITERATURE CLUB IS"?

If he had won, that review would not have been made.

I haven't seen that. The last I recall watching that had any merit was the whole "all vidyagaem universes are connected" where he put in a lot of strict guidelines as to how it functioned, and that weird zombie one where he was piddling around with a melon and shit.

Y'know, the ones he puts actual effort into?

Is there any game where you can run as fast as doomguy?

Sonic. :^)

But that's wrong you faggot. Sonic is not fast. He's outran by a fucking balding morbidly obese manchild in his fifties/sixties. Fastest thing alive my ass.

Stop watching Game Theory.

I don't watch it. It's shit.
This said, you still have to point out the fact that a fat fuck has consistently outran the supposed "fastest thing alive"

Congrats on your kiwifarms, you're an official lolcow now.

Why do you masturbate to my god-awful mary sue so much?

disgusting,give me full blown demons to fuck

Demons are not for sexual.

Says who

That's pretty much the only thing succubi are for.

Says everybody.

Jokes on you,warhammer laws don't extend to hot demon lovemaking on mars.

Silly map's done, thanks for the textures.

mega.nz/#!7RgQXbAT!yBZWbDw8i74gQVYqByAbE26JoWCDYUWiFMIjYc4eiJY

excellent

Beautiful

Isnt it pretty much furshit, but /monster/ has some asspull to be ok with it ?
Why ?
that Deathclaw brings FO4 memories

The image isn't exactly representative of what's acceptable,it's just a general idea,i like things that are more non human then human basically.

Most horror fetishists do.

I wouldn't say horror specifically but, a large part of things that most people would find terrifying i would find a sexual attraction to,yes.

It's a vague term

Would you fugg Allied Master computer and teach it the meaning of love?

Is that the thing from the i have no mouth game?
If so yes,i would pour my seed inside her.

Yes. You should read the book though.
[spoiler]It's voiced by the Author in the games.
Who is male.[/spoiler]

just change the voice dial like in that one futurama episode,bam,instant girl robo

They closed it because he was too autistic. That's goddamned hilarious.

They closed it because you're a fucking child, Evilthorn.

Nice try, care to take another?

Sure thing. I'll blow you the fuck out in your own thread just as hard as I did prior.

I'm not surprised you're too dim to understand that last post. I'll spell it out in a way even autists like you can understand.

Whatever you say, Evilthorn.

I mean I'm happy you're going to probably go off on that guy next time you see him because it'll be so damned funny to see how confused he is, but you're still both wrong and incredibly stupid.

I mean, he IS the autist who signed up for that forum because of his own immensely repressed homosexual urges for me.

Yes little did he know you're still so utterly irrelevant that your autism isn't worth putting up with. Maybe you should try harder to get that ED article.

Whatever man. [VGTG]

I doubt that if you're not even good enough for kiwifarms

I'm a literal fucking who. Apperantly I made one asshat I banned from my disagreement mad enough to cause them to sperg out and make that kiwifarms thread, so hey.

thanks for the link, user.

The evidence that sonic is NOT the fastest thing alive is very clear, considering that fat fuck

Sonic was holding back. He is the Goku of the series, after all.

I seriously doubt you're "holding back" when there's a fat fuck about to enact an apocalypse in Sanic 2 and 3.

You're trying real hard to find something relevant to post in this dying thread,aren't you

dude what

I'm also extremely confused at the directions this thread went.

Shit's dead and on page 12 so,we're basically in the back of the proverbial Holla Forums bus,nothing really to do

If we are taking non-gameplay moments into account, then the intro to Sonic CD says otherwise.

Robotnik isn't in that cutscene, nor running, so it really doesn't.

i see you guys are only just now getting what has been a sad truth for a long time

Holla Forums doesn't care about doom
the doom threads have been shit for a long time
nobody plays the games, nobody makes anything, people just sperg out about irrelevant community faggotry

4chan is cucked, Holla Forums is autism, doomworld is cancer, zdoom is lefties, doomerboards is full of rejects from everywhere else

So S'Arais really is the only answer?

lmao the project that has been 99% in agdg?

you are the worst nigger ever and you are still more productive than the Holla Forums doom threads have ever been

You've got the wrong idea of me, boy.

Projecting much?

To be fair people wouldn't use this place to bitch and complain if there was literally any other place they were allowed to do it.

Who wants to attack the Cuckchan thread?
Just post "I'm Invincible!"

Nobody cares about your inferiority complex faggot.

Might as well migrate

You are the problem, S'arais.

I'm pretty sure the problem is #vr IRC and it's Doominati goons.

You do realize that room has been dead for fucking years at this point right?

Nice try to deflect, faggot.

No, you're the problem and you know it.
amazon.com/rope/b?node=511394
amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node=6646895011&field-keywords=Stool&rh=n:6646895011,k:Stool
amazon.ca/Panacea-86202-Ceiling-Hook-White/dp/B001B42CT6
^I'm assuming you'll need a couple of these because you're obviously a fat fuck.
Do it. Nobody will mourn you. I am telling you to kill yourself with 100% seriousness. You should die.

Wanna know how I know you're a doominati faggot?
All of what you said is false.

I'm still in your server boi
:^)

No, you're not.

Well, I was one of the last few out at least. Fun playing games with you.

Bitch, Please. You cannot touch me.

If you think that little OC tulpa is going to take vengeance you've got another thing coming boi

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Oh man you went and got yourself banned from everywhere again, I wonder why that keeps happening.

Because I'm not afraid to call people out on their bullshit.
I AAAAAAM THE GREATEST!