Lego Star Wars Demo

I have some childhood memories of a demo version of the first lego star wars game, It started like the usual first level did with Qui-Gon Jinn and young Obi-wan in the trade federation ship. and was nearly the same as the first level in the full version except for the last room (The room where you'd usually fly off in the ship to Naboo). In the last room for some reason you had a fight with Darth Maul and if I remember right a shit ton of Droids which I guess was to show a "boss" in the Demo. To the point now, I can't find that demo, it's like it doesn't even exist, I mean it could just be some odd childhood memory or I am just a bit nutty but I wanted to ask if any of you remember that demo or something similar.

TL;DR Is there a demo of the original Lego Star Wars or am I crazy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gbVYjMo5Mtk.
luniserver.com/download/
discord.gg/8b89fJj
archive.is/rwLqO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

???

I seen that video too but it doesn't feature the maul battle that I remember quite clearly.

You're talking about the Jampack discs. They had a shitload of demos for games and you would buy them for like $5 at a place like Target or whatever, and get a wide variety of games. Now onto the specific demo, you're talking about Volume 12, which you can see the demo here: youtube.com/watch?v=gbVYjMo5Mtk. I know a shitload about Jampack discs because I was a poor motherfucker as a kid, could only afford 1-5 games a year (usually bargain bin stuff or $10 at gamestop and then 1 new game) and I bought these constantly to try out every game.

Holy shit that's it, thanks user. I just remember my dad back when coming home with it and me playing it over and over again.

Well mystery solved.
If I can do anything for you in return let me know

Damn, this is bringing back great memories of playing lego starwars with my sister. Lego games thread?

Sure, why not? Lego Racers 2 was pretty fun and an open world title before GTAIII

Lego Star Wars 1&2 and I'd also say Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga were some of the best hands down.

How did Lego Universe turn out in the end btw ?
I played it for a good while after launch but got too poor for the subscription and I remember that you could only use pre approved words which was pretty gay.

Sure why not?

You should invite him to the gym and spot him. Like a real bro would do.

Played it when Holla Forums was going apeshit for it. Is it out of early access?

Aw fuck, OP. You're bringing back memories.
I would play the fuck out of it on the original Wii. I remember getting a shitload of golden bricks and exploring the lego city you could unlock. I remember checking back to it recently and learning I had only logged a measly 30 hours into it when it felt like 100.

Blacks have been proven time and time again to lack the mental facilities to premeditate the outcome of their actions. A child or a chimpanzee also lack this ability.

Anyone in a privileged position or respectful authority either has a.) white genealogy, b.) nepotism or corruption.

So japs have white genealogy now

You are thinking of Lego Worlds, Lego Universe was an MMO.
But yeah, Worlds is out of Early Access. It still gets free content updates and now paid DLC once every so often but development slowed the fuck down once the console versions happened.
Like the next major gameplay feature Survival mode got announced last June but still isn't out because of the console ports.

I don't know why, but I'm always surprised to see that a large amount of anons love the Lego brand and the stuff they've done with it (Barring nuBionicle).

Did you know you could also save 15% or more on your car insurance by switching to Geico?

I loved the shit out of the Lego as a kid. I even got that giant 3 1/2 Eiffel Tower kit that's now worth $2,000 when I was six or seven, but I refused to complete it after discovering one of the pieces was missing. It breaks my heart looking back on it now.

Stop. I'm sick of all this racebaiting ruining threads.

I was just playing Lego City Undercover today. Trying to hunt down every little thing is both interesting and makes me want to kill myself with how well hidden stuff is.

Is there anyway to use strength bars without having to use Rex Fury's disguise?

I have been meaning to play that but i'm running out of disk space and the game is ridiculously large.

>tfw it's not real lego

If your parent ever bought you mega bloks over lego, then that means they didn't love you.

Understandable, the open world is like the size of a GTA game.

TT really needs to stop hampering itself with multiplatform releases. I bet if the Wii U and/or PS3/360 versions of Lego Dimensions were not made, it would have survived to see Year 3 of content.

You missed out, user.

Also I'm a dumbfuck who got the PS4 version of Lego Worlds since it was on sale. I fear the data getting corrupted beyond repair all the time, and I missed out on a few showcases, plus I can't import in shit like this for shits and giggles.

Wasn't it ages ago, I got it hard covered

Meanwhile…

the utter devastation on his face when she says this

Shit guys look what I found
luniserver.com/download/
who wants to make a guild together and pawn some noobs

It's nice to see companies not being jews for once.

Let's do it

I completely missed out on this one. Was it good?

Should we make a discord server for it ?

I liked it, but hey Holla Forums is going to play lego so why not join and see for your self.

Do lego jews fear the samurai too ?

It's still the best 3D sonic I've seen in recent years, besides that one Fan-made Open World Sonic Demo that had absolutely brilliant physics.

I made the discord group for the Lego Universe stuff, I'll go to sleep now discord.gg/8b89fJj

I played the beta on a shitbox computer which ran it at well under 10fps and had fun.

We seriously need to find an alternative to Discord. Is IRC still good?

I don't see whats wrong with discord to be honest.

IRC is the same as usual, it just doesn't have file embedding and emojis for faggots. There's also whatever the fuck Matrix is but I haven't tried it yet.

Oh no doubt there, it's a very nicely designed level. Sonic's speed sure makes the camera shit itself trying to keep up though which is amusing when it's not fustrating.

>(((Tencent))) has a good stake in it

It mines data.

and now tell me something that doesn't ?

AOL Instant Messenger?

archive.is/rwLqO

This is a thing btw.

Don't worry goyim, with these super low prices, you can make your own gentile holohoa- er… Holocaust!

Lego games have just been mostly solid. not much reason to dislike them.

Solid Breck

Jews jewing jews

Jewish in more ways than one, I see.

Oy, Vey!

Played the shit out of pic related as a kid. Wanted to go back and play it again, but it wont run on modern machines. All in all it's a fairly basic RTS, but the way they handled the mining, exploration, and objectives was just so satisfying.

Even the jews jew other jews

>>>Holla Forums

Back to your cancerous containment board.

>>>/oven/
Go back where you belong, kike.

The LEGO games became shit when they added voiceacting. Part of the charm was seeing different movies and series retold in silly LEGO men cutscenes with only gestures, grunts and sound effects. Voiceacting ruins that.

The only Lego games I played as a kid were the Star Wars ones so they weren't really Lego. Lego Island is trash.

How'd they do it.

Looks like LUNI is dead and the newer server implementations are all closed source. I don't think there's any active LUNI servers so we'd probably have to host our own and even then a good chunk of the game is probably missing or nonfunctional.

Eh, Rock Raiders had the better aesthetic. It had the digging machines, but they weren't fuckhuge neon green monstrosities like that.

You'd typically start in a small cavern. Caves came in three flavors and the differences were largely aesthetic: stone, ice, and lava. Walls were made of either dirt, loose rock, hard rock, or solid rock. Solid rock couldn't be mined at all, dirt and loose rock could be mined by your guys using jackhammers that they can pick up at the starting building in your base. Loose rock just took a little longer to get through than dirt, but the difference was negligible. Hard rock required either dynamite or digging machines to break through, which required a more upgraded base. Sometimes when you mined through a wall, you would break into an entirely new section of cavern.

Mining away a section of wall would leave a pile of rubble on the ground and often ore and/or power crystals, which are used in base building. Rubble slows movement, which is annoying, but usually harmless as long as you aren't trying to blow things up with dynamite. Your guys can clear it away with shovels or with pic related 1, the Loader Dozer if your base is upgraded enough to support large vehicles.

For base building, you usually start with a Tool Store, which is mainly used as a drop-off point for ore and power crystals until you upgrade further and a place to pick up, as the name implies, tools. The first really important building is the Power Station, which generates electricity from power crystals and is used to supply power to the rest of the buildings. No power, no building function. To get power from it, the buildings had to be connected through constructed tiles called power paths. These also increase your guys movement speed while walking on them, regardless of whether electricity is running through them or not. Another important one is the Support Station, which generates enough oxygen to sustain 10 men. The early maps tend to have oxygen naturally, but the later ones only give you a limited amount and you have to build and power a Support Station before it runs out. Multiple Support Stations can be built to sustain more men. Also notewoteworthy are the Small and Large Teleport Pads (used to buy small and large digging machines like pic related 2 and 3, the Small Transport Truck and the Chrome Crusher in exchange for energy crystals). Docks were necessary in order to purchase water vehicles, and there was also an Ore Refinery used to make building more efficient and a Mining Laser which was generally useless because firing it consumed energy crystals.

(continued)
So… Hazards. In addition to oxygen sometimes being limited, some caves were unstable and had regular cave-ins. These would create rubble next to the section that caved in and also damage rock raiders, vehicles, or buildings in the cave-in area. The walls could be reinforced to prevent them from caving in further, but walls that cave in tend to be grouped together, so if, for example, you have to blast through a bunch of hard rock with dynamite, it takes a while since you have to first reinforce it, then clean up the rubble, then blast it and repeat the process with the next bit of wall behind it. Of the environmental hazards, the worst by far was erosion. In maps featuring lava, sometimes the lava would erode adjacent tiles and the pool would keep growing. You could use ore to restore the tile if you did so before it was completely eroded, but you had to actively do it or the lava would just keep spreading. On most maps it was a slow process, but there were a couple built entirely around a pool of lava that rapidly expands and you just have to keep ahead of it. There was another where the lava didn't expand fast, but the entire map was narrow paths and small islands in a fucking sea of lava, so while it wasn't spreading quickly, it was spreading everywhere.

There were also creatures in the cave. Bats and spiders were everywhere, but they were harmless. Bats would scare your men, but they couldnt actually hurt them. Spiders would crap webs everywhere that your guys would get stuck in and have to take a moment to free themselves. More dangerous were the rock monsters, also in three flavors of stone, ice, and lava. Sometimes you'll break into a cavern and they'll be sleeping in there, other times they'll break out of the walls and come for you. Rock monsters eat energy crystals, so they'll actively seek out any on the ground or attack your base to get at them. If you kill them, you'll get back any they ate, but if they go back into the walls and disappear off the map, the crystals are gone for good. Your men could be armed with one of three types of beam weapons, that were varying levels of effective against each kind of monster. But since rock monsters only appear in rock caverns, ice in ice, and lava in lava, it's pretty easy to pick the right tool for the job. Your base could also be protected by electric fences that would oneshot any rock monsters that came near. Most annoying of all though were the slimy slugs - thankfully they were rare. These fuckers are nigh impossible to kill, the electric fence doesnt stop them, and they go to your base to suck the power out of it. They could be driven off with loud noise, but it didn't work well. I recall one level where the fuckers are absolutely relentless and had to resort to toggling power on and off in my buildings to keep them from draining them.

Last thing to talk about are the objectives. The most basic ones were Collect X Energy Crystals. Most maps had that as the win condition. Dig. Explore. Collect your 5/10/…/40 crystals, mission complete. The thing that made it interesting was dealing with the map design and hazards. There were other maps where you had no base and a small team of guys dropped into a cave and you needed to make their way back to a base located further in (one of these had the fast erosion I mentioned before). Sometimes after getting them back to base, you also had to collect crystals, but it was usually a small amount. The main task was just getting them back. One I recall had the objective to find pic related 4, the Tunnel Transport, which was in a nearby cave, behind a ton of hard rock that would continually landslide. You COULD complete it with a fairly basic map and a lot of reinforcing, rubble clearing, and dynamite, but it was more fun to get the big digging machines and just plow through. At the end of each map, you'd get a rating based on things like exploration, resources collected, remaining oxygen and the like. IIRC, some maps were bugged and impossible to 100%. The final level was also a bit of a disappointment, especially given how ominous the picture is. Still a very solid game overall though.

(continued)
I figured a video should help give a better idea. This one works well because it's a short level with no base building or collecting, just exploration and using vehicles.

Some things I forgot to mention before. You can train your guys in various skills and the skills carry over from mission to mission. You can also name your guys and they'll keep the same name and skills in the next mission you use them in. You can also take direct control over one of your guys and go into a first person mode. It's really not all that useful, but it was cool that they included that.

Gonna pirate this

My favorite memory of playing the first Lego Star Wars game was when I was walking around the diner hub world, and my Droideka AI partner just went berserk and started shooting everyone unprovoked. Normally, unprovoked fights only happen in the parking lot between the light side and the dark side characters, but my AI controlled partner just started shooting up the diner. I could never recreate that glitch, so I just chalked it up to my Gamecube overheating. That sort of AI magic in a polished game only happens when the console has been on too long.

For some reason maintaining Sith dominance in that parking lot was my favorite part of that game. The Original Trilogy's Cantina parking lot wasn't as fun, because the AI seemed to prefer random free-for-alls rather than faction based brawls.

My brother got a Mega-Bloks racetrack set for Christmas one year. The cars were motorized and could run along the grooves in the track so fast, you could smell the burning rubber. We still did all our building with Legos, but that set was the coolest shit.

>>>/tumblr/

Back to your cancerous hugbox.

Remidner consoles aren't allowed free DLC and can only release 1 update per month.

I was pretty fucking bummed when I found out complete Saga doesn't have Dexter's dinner.
The updated vehicle are pretty shit too.
Also Yoda doesn't have his hovercraft what the fuck?

Go back to your leftist bot-infested shithole, weeb

>>>Holla Forums

>>>/a/

Contact LEGO and they might be able to send you out a replacement piece (assuming they have it in stock, but even then they will look).

I don't think you can. But I think he has the robber skillset so replace Rex with that in you disguise wheel.

Loved LCU (Wii U), except for the load times and flying vehicles being a bit crap. Felt a bit pissed after buying it, 100% it (while not fully understand the "double" unlock system) last year, only to hear about the multiplatform release with co-op and slightly reduced load times.

Had some MB space sets as a kid, they got mixed in with the LEGO, pieces didn't really fit that well together, felt good many years later doing separating and doing a purge of the MB. Did like the 1x1 cylinder pieces that glowed in the dark though, those were cool.

It's kinda amusing when I see that golden ring piece with Sonic, because that type of circular piece is called life preserver/toilet seat by the LEGO community.
You could interpret that he's holding a life preserver to keep his series afloat or a fully pissed stained toilet seat.

how are you going to have it run on a modern system?

We must purge this deviancy.

LEGO VULT.

So anons, when exactly did the Lego games stray away from the aesthetic they had in star Wars 1 and 2 where everything looked like it was built out of legos with the exception of backdrops? I ask because a friend loaned me a copy of Lego Marvel 2, and everything looks realistic with Lego props. It looks awful.

datamining

I want to say when Lego The Hobbit came around. Although maybe it was always kinda that way, we just didn't notice since Star Wars doesn't look realistic in the first place?

I'm trying to remember some game on the LEGO website. It was where you're some dumb kid running around a movie set and you could obtain items that actually changed what events happened every day, and I remember a fucking frustrating alligator platforming segment.
What was it? Bricklot?

How much building with legos can you do in this? Because I have a bad feeling it's more lego platforming game than lego building brick MMO.

Bionicle was my shit as a kid. I think the only toys I bought past a certain point were Bionicle sets, and I know for a fact that I managed to get my hands on every single one of those goddamn books as they were being released. Time Trap being the best, of course.

It's too bad the series god killed off the way it did. It's even more sad what happened with the fanbase. It ended up getting hit pretty hard with a wave of leftism, and I remember watching everything just kind of go downhill on fansites. I'm fairly sure all of them are ghost towns with less active members than a Holla Forums thread at this point.

It's a shame. There was potential to make some really great games, but nobody ever followed through with them.

As an adult during that time they always looked shit to me. They weren't sturdy.

Whats this leftism shit about?

Consider this anecdote about the largest fansite, BZP:

In 2009 or so, there were a bunch of members putting fags kissing in their forum banners, and this pissed off a lot of people. In the end, the admin ruled that it didn't violate any rules, but there was still a lot of pressure against that sort of shit. Since it was a site for talking about kids toys, the rules were pretty tight on discussing shit like drugs, alcohol, sex, and the like. By 2013, the moderation staff had more than a handful of trannies and guys, and one of the sub-forums was being run by a clique of lefties who happily engaged in ERP-lite in the RP forum.

Depended on the builds. The very large sets were extremely stable, but also could cost an arm and a leg - I only ever had a couple of those. For whatever reason, pieces made of lime green broke just from being looked at the wrong way, to the point it became a meme in the community. But usually everything held itself together pretty well.

Posing could sometimes be an issue, as some sets weren't weighted the absolute best. Really, though, the biggest issue was how around 2006 or so they started really simplifying down the formula of sets. Every "standard" size set used one of two variants on the same central torso, and this went on for a good while. It wasn't a bad torso - you could pose very well - but it was very simple. In comparison, 2004 and earlier used a lot of "gear" pieces as a way to create mobility. This meant you could really only hold a few poses, but it had a "cool" factor to it. Fan creators got pretty creative with finding ways to combine these factors together - both gears and ball joints - and these usually looked better than official sets.

This thread about a weird demo from years ago convinced me to look for a weird demo that I remember: Custom Robo. The part that I really remembered was that "Shrike" in the final game was called "Peking Duck" in the demo. The title screen is different and a lot of the part names are different too. It's on the interactive demo disc v14 for the Gamecube.

If you remember the platform you played it on, you might be able to find it.

I remember it being after LEGO Rockband came out that they started minimizing lego environments/props.
Or Lego indiana jones 2.
One of those two

I THINK it might have been Lego Indiana Jones 2 just because they added like a million different context actions that needed to stand out from the back drops.

Everyone already said it but I'd also like to say, Datamining.
It's also kind of a resource hog as far as chat applications go. Even if you're counting the excuse of "That application was made 10+ years ago it shouldn't count" bullshit

Any of you lads know of a way to play Lego Star Wars Complete Saga multiplayer over the Internet?

Does it have LAN play?

That applied to all lego games. They figured out that the only character any one ever used as a jedi and so they needed to give you an excuse to use someone else.

Lego Marvel is still terrible at this because Iron man is completely broken. He just nukes everything and then you take a lap dog to do the switch type you need.

I had some of these… Fucking 90s Lego were the best. God damn I miss being a kid.

It's because back until maybe the mid 00's, they focused largely on original sets and while movie tie-in sets were a thing, they were usually a minority of the sets… Limited to Harry Potter and Star Wars at the time.

Now almost the entire line you see when you walk in the store is sets based on some movie or show. The originality and creativity is all but gone.

Remember how Lego Indiana Jones had a level editor and then no game after it had a level editor?

I don't blame them too hard. Have you seen kids these days? They're so ADD riddled from a lifetime of iPads and YouTube that they aren't interested in anything unless it came from one of their micro-transaction riddled games or CGI riddled movies; but even THAT is a crapshoot because they can barely hold attention long enough to sit through a movie too. They're targeting movie tie-ins because the brand name is the only thing that will grab kids attention long enough to get their parents to buy an overpriced set.

Physical toys, in totality, are dying. Kids want iPads, minecraft, and crack-addled YouTubers pretending to be their friends. LEGO isn't going to last another generation.

My nephew fucking loves lego. He plays with it often and for christmas he wanted the millenium falcon lego kit. I think you over estimate how much lego is dying because it's still as popular as ever.

Stuff like Lego city is still selling pretty well

My nephew thought Angry Birds invented Star Wars, and to him it was "Angry Birds Star Wars LEGO".

Speaking of Never Ever, has anybody gotten a pirated version of the Rock Raiders game to function WITH the music and everything? I think the discs were some kind of dual tracked format and you needed to know what the fuck you were doing to rip the music track too. I had to do that with my AoE2 discs to get images that played the music, but I don't have any Rock Raiders discs nor have I found someone that's done the same kind of rip on them.

Well your nephews retarded like the rest of his family then.

I'm just playing SW the complete saga and this sassy minx is making my peepee feel strange.

Lego Harry Potter also did if I remember correctly.