Switch Hacked

wololo.net/2017/12/29/nintendo-switch-kernel-exploit-34c3-presentation-nvidia-backdoored/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/HfZ4l
team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/153620-Team-Xecuter-coming-to-your-Nintendo-Switch-console!
archive.is/nZInf
yuzu-emu.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Time for KICK ASS HOMEBREW and moral faggotry.

but does this actually enable us to sail the seven seas?

Probably not for another few months.
There'll probably be some emulators coming out for it soon though.

two trips in a row right off the bat? This is gonna be a special thread.

inb4 someone makes a perfect Switch emulator for the TX1 and TX2 dev kits

don't own a switch, bumping anyways

A few months is fine, seeing as that's mean what a little over a single year after the switch got released we get to ARGHHH
we had to wait 3 years for the 3ds and Wii U

gj ninty

Would it really be an emulator if it's the same hardware?

Buyfags being salty about scurvy seadogs saving money will never fail to make me smug

fuck

Well you would still have to come up with some way of tricking the system into taking inputs from something like a PS4 controller rather than the hardware the Switch has, so in a way yes.

I really hope Nintendo learned absolutely nothing from the 3DS and freeshop style piracy is a possibility.

This is the best Katsuragi anyway.

Wait the switch had a public exploit months before it existed
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Of courshe not

That's pretty lame. The Switch I got came past that. Hopefully it'll be one of those exploits that completely blows it the fuck open.

Or maybe be on the lookout for 2nd hand ones

Well it's a hardware backdoor so chances for another entrypoint are high.

3ds had tons of entry points culminating in one that was absolutely impossible to patch out so probably

The exploit isn't public yet though, but considering the RA port is already being finalized it shouldn't be too long.

And this is why you never fucking use chromium or chrome based botnets.

If it is part of webkit you can just go six months back and go through every exploit and bug for that month. If you are autistic enough that is.

This is just a baby step, a userland exploit. Now they need to make a persistent hack that gives the equivielent of root in linux.

What's a TX1/2?

A Tegra X1/2 based board like the shield TV or the devkit you can buy from Nvidia
X1 is based on Maxwell for the GPU side while X2 is based on Pascal instead.

Interesting, if it is that one.
Into the trash it goes

Interesting.

An attempt was made.

Nice to know some details, but nothing new if you've been paying attention. "Stay on 3.0.0" has been the mantra for a while now, and while homebrew "soon" is at least something it's going to be as while before it's ready for piracy. That having been said I think by 2019 Switch Piracy will be in it's infancy and have a pretty good library by then, I'll need to pick up a 3.0.0 Switch before then.

Didn't they manage to sort of crappily patch it anyway?

maybe you'll have something to play now

Only things I see that still need fixing are nips and arms

Nice, it looks better

Wasn't it already hacked?
Isn't that how the retards opened the symbolic token of respect for iwata and fucking ruined it?

What the fuck are you talking about ya faggot?

Talking about the secret emulator with golf (NES) that was in literally every switch that was actually, remarkably easy to open but you weren't supposed to because of spirtualistic reasons.

Well I guess I'm just gonna own two switches. Can't wait for it to be my portable emulation machine. At least I already have poken

My switch came in a 3.0.1 or some shit but not 3.0.0. Shame really but I hope they get it where it was like the 3ds hacks were and it kept going from no matter what firmware you were on it was possible! Only problem is that the switch will have more online games so a ban might carry more weight. Still hope they pull off a freeshop hack.

but you can. either next year at Iwata's birthday(?) or with a clean formated switch since connecting to the internet will stop you from accessing the secret.

just do iwata's "directly to you" hand movement to access it

You retard, you're not SUPPOSED to open it.

I thought it only played golf, and only then at one time of the year?

It's a "full emulator" with the ROM for Golf that is loaded.

The ROM is modified, it features wagglan.

Well I wouldn't know, I didn't open it.

For those that aren't going to bother to watch the video,
Basically there is an unfixable backdoor in the hardware, because NVIDIA intentionally designed their chip so that a graphics driver can bypass an important security feature (presumably for performance reasons.) There are more exploits needed before and after that to get total control, but this means it's basically an inevitability that later versions will get owned.

One very interesting possibility is that Nintendo might release a second hardware revision of the Switch sooner than expected in order to close this backdoor. Surely NVIDIA's latest Tegra chips still have the flaw, but whatever generation comes next will certainly have it fixed. It makes way more sense for Nintendo to switch (har har) to a new chipset in a year or two than to either pay out the ass to have NVIDIA spin up a fixed version of the current chipset, or leave their platform exploitable forever.

That would be extremely cool but pointless because a TX1 is more expensive than the Switch.

Read the fucking article/watch the fucking video, they have kernel code execution.

Wait, woah user. You're implying that Nintendo will use a whole new hardware for the switch that ISN'T Nvidia?
How can such a drastic change work, don't even get me started on backwards compatibility!

Nevermind, I read what you said wrong. I was taken aback. Sorry

Emulator soon.
Just in time for bayo 34.

I mean 3

Did the second one even sold that well or is Nintendo just desperate to get some exclusives?

Hahaha, I've already got my dick out. 34 it is!

Hey fags, this is a good reminder to go on eBay or Craigslist and get those used (or cheap) switches

No no user, you got it right. Just in time for bayo 34.

The more important question is when I can emulate it.

The best they could do was patch out bugs further up that allow modifying the bootloader without a hardmod or flash card. The actual bootloader is read-only and permanently broken on existing 3DSes. I'm baffled that they never ever considered revising it like they did with the Wii and its boot1 hashing error. Not even on the N2DS XL.

In before another cemu.

Add areolae peeking out.

Soon

I might buy one when I finish my DS/3DS/Vita backlog in 2030 or so

whatever, call me when theres lewd mods featuring attractive girls

wew
This is a blessed thread.

not blessed by tits though

(heil'd)
You haven't been checked yet, here you go.

Big whoop. Take your shitposting somewhere else.

You too. Patreon beggars who rip from official SDKs and basically made it into a BotW emulator are not the model of good emulation devs.

This, until the rewrite CEMU and release it as opensource I consider it a fucking botnet which I will not be using. As at that point I might as well use the switch itself.

If they released an updated Switch it could mean that the first generation of the console would drop in value and become cheaper since a lot of people will just trade in the old model for the newer one to support nintendo. Hopefully they won't try and go for even more exclusives that are only for advanced models like they experimented with on the 3DS.

Problem with this is that it requires games to pirate.

I guess now you can get Skyrim for free instead of the $2 it goes on sale on Steam for?

Platinum are making shovelware these days. Bayo 2 was bad but the nintendo kiddies pretend it was great since it's the only DMC they can claim as their own.

I expect 3 to be a movie at this point.

Yes

woah

Cemu runs like shit for me.

(heiled)
Might actually be worth buying a Switch if there's working piracy before summer.

Switch games now.

Switch emulator when?

Even buyfags should be happy for it, because it immediately contributes to the flexibility of their hardware. Hacking and homebrew is good for everybody.

I get everything from the high seas, but I still pay for something when I find it truly phenomenal. The same principle applies here as well.

This, I don't want to have to deal with that crapass hardware. The wi-fi lagging controllers on a "handheld" that's too big to take anywhere and a dock that scratches it's own screen and warps under heat is the reason nobody wants a Switch in the first place. Piracy won't fix any of that shit.

Nintendo makes money on every sold console, not having a sale does not equal a loss, so Nintendo do make money on piratefags.

To be honest though, my primary appreciation of sailing the seas is the technical challenge. I usually just lend out my 3DS to family members, but the sense of satisfaction of being able to fulfill game requests is nice.

No, if early Switch model has a hardware exploit that allows piracy and homebrew, and it gets fixed later, the vulnerable Switches will be worth a lot more money. This is exactly what happened with PS3s, the early models with PS2 backwards compatibility are worth a ton of money still, because they're really easy to crack.

But that's not emulation, that's a VM.

The fuck are you talking about? My local game store sells earlier PS3 models for ~$80 and later models for ~$160.

Not all the slims and not all the fats can be cracked/hacked. Look up the models and check prices on ebay, the ones that can't be hacked are a lot cheaper. If your local game store is selling early PS3 models that can be hacked for a low price you are pretty lucky.

I have a feeling you're one of the most chill anons on the board

Does this mean splathax will soon be available for Splatoon 2? Grinding chunks is a long and largely pointless endeavor for a tiny edge in gameplay.

neat

Surely you jestin'

I'm already stuck on 4.1.0 but I suppose I'll have to make sure to prevent any future updates for now - it sounds like it'll only be a matter of time before even the current firmware is vulnerable and they'll have to eventually put out a hardware revision just to fix this vulnerability.

I want Jeanne to fuck me.

My brother taught me a similar game, but every time you cycled orfices, you had to add another finger, and the winner was whoever could fit the most fingers in their butt/mouth.

Did you two ever fuck?

Iwata BURNS

neat

It's not that simple, while it's absolutely true that not every single pirated copy = one lost sale, it's equally absurd to say that of those say, 1,000,000 downloads, a good proportion wouldn't have bought the game were it significantly harder to crack and download games for whatever closed platform you're talking about.

Denuvo's track record back when it was uncrackable on big releases bears this out for me. Diablo 3 being the best example. Massive sales beyond even Blizzard's expectations precisely because the form of anti-tampering they employed was so strict.

Emulation when?

when you stop being a fag

It got a touch more severe in showcasing faggotry in the latest games.

Thanks for the info, say "hi" to your brother for me.

Have this, user.

What the shit? Did Serebii Joe fuck up again?

lol nice meme

False. If you buy your consoles second hand or used then you are giving money to the person who originally bought it, NOT the corporation in question. I bought my Wii U used, and plan to do so with my Switch after hax.
The only thing I have given Nintendo money for is a DS game to use Coldboot Haxchi.

whats the point? this shitty handheld doesn't have any games.

You're welcome.

No.

So, I Read the article but I'm Still not really sure of what exactly this does.
Is this just a Software Exploit like the 3ds where it can only do homebrew, Or will it give us complete control over the NAND and everything else?

Kernel.

Neat. So custom themes and save hacking like on the 3ds is a possibility.
I wonder how long it will take for ROM hacks and decrypted games to appear though.

With a kernel exploit on well-documented hardware? Likely not long. At this point I'm mostly excited about the possibility of actually backing up saves, since Nintendo in their infinite wisdom doesn't allow that.

The best thing about this is, if you look at those two pictures cross-eyed you get 3D boobs.

SOON

I wanna cum inside qlutoo

Great vid, thanks for the link.
Though the faggots whistling the Jeopardy theme while the presenter was trying to work shit out need to be gassed.

I would have guessed that about the Switch bitch.

This picture is cute but I could only imagine the real life equivalent being a fat ugly overweight nintentard with curly hair, huuuuuuge belly and a squished nose.

switch cfw when?

Newfags and cuckchan leave.

Just take the L matey.

Its not even a -tan its a dog, doggos cant be -tans.

Switch dog is straight up condensed Holla Forums material, home. The other tans are cuckchan shit

On who's authority?

Mine.

Kill yourself cancer.

doesn't change how shit it is, its cringe just stop posting it and forcing it everywhere.

On the authority of the firery raging homoes that are of the furfag fandom. Also the plane english language.

This

Is this a false flag?

News at 11

Fuck.

fella I'm not the one feebly demanding everyone use his shitty unpopular version of the console-tan.

Fuck off back to leddit and cucktube you piece of shit, the switch doggo is staying whether you like it or not.

And neither am I. Your point is?
The dog isnt popular, it is forced. Furfags, such as yourself, have been pushing it.
Fuck off with your furshit. Keep it on your own containment board.
offtopic

If by "forced" you mean "other people like it but I don't" then you're right

Just stop.

Feels bad being a jew

lol i love it when autists sperg over petty things like nigga just hide the post lmao

fuckoff furfag, kill yourself already

Oh, please. You can only follow the playbook, eh? :^)
Seriouslyx that dog shit is forced and unwelcome. Zoophilia is illegal, user. :^)))

Glad I could be your boogeyman of the day.

something which is not conveyed through text.

Autism.

Can't wait to play modified Mario Odyssey with actual online multiplayer.

It still looks like shit, the problem is the tits are practically circles.

If they can do it with Mario 64 they can do it with anything right.

So apparently another group that has done hardmods in the past came forward claiming they have found a way to hack the Switch in all versions. Not only that, but they even claim Nintendo cannot fix this exploit.

It's ogre, the switches security seemed similar to the the xbox 360's but I never expected that team executor would target the switch instead of the xbone.
archive.is/HfZ4l
an admin on the TX fourms saying the release date is planned for spring 2018
team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/153620-Team-Xecuter-coming-to-your-Nintendo-Switch-console!
F4ECA1685C1E4DF77F19DB7B44A985CA
Keep an eye on this space, more news and updates are coming!
The anti piracy people in the modding community are screaming right now. The only thing keeping people away from this at the moment is the fact that it'll most likely be as complex to install as an xbox 360 modchip and have the same problems with booting because of cpu glitching times.

NINTENTODDLERS TEARS ARE THE HIGHEST, PURE QUALITY TEARS BECAUSE THEY ARE WELL DESERVED AND FEEL SOOOOOO FUCKING GOOD

Now to just wait for piracy and gaems and it might be worth buying one.

Well, if piracy becomes a thing, it might be possible to dual boot Android on it or something and run games made for the Shield, and if that was the case you could obviously use just about any emulator or port for Android.

A PC will always be better for emulation than some shitty tablet. I mean exclusives.

YES

but can Nintendo detect the exploit?

By pc you mean desktop or laptop? The issue with desktop is lack of portability and with laptops is power unless it has thunderbolt port which you can do some pc wizardry to attach an external gpu. I'm pretty sure that a 300 dollar laptop isn't going to have the same power as a switch for games. Unless it's a used/referibished laptop that had a original price for 800-1000 bucks.

not a real issue

Holy shit, not even the 3DS was hacked this fast.

Beautiful.

The whole gimmick of switch and by extension smartphones/tablet emulation is to play big boy games on the go. I get it if you have a powerful pc to do the job and are a homebody. Buying a switch isn't a smart thing to do if you are. That 300 dollars could be spent elsewhere, like a new amd setup since intel shat the bed.

Switch XL and games only compatible with new firmware just got confirmed then

That's why I said I only care about the Switch if it gets some good exclusives. Try to keep up.

I'll be await for emulation. And all the free virtual Amibo DLCs.
Expect some heavy DMCA shit from Shitendo. They're not gonna like it.

>>Holla Forums is that way

My shenanigans will be outdated by the time that happens.

Didn't look at IDs when i posted that.

I was talking about the intel cpu bug I mean to patch it's gonna cut a third of the cpu's processing power.

*For all usermode applications that need to read or write directly to kernel memory

Video games are unaffected by the bug. And Microsoft has some black magic up their sleeves because Windows is receiving far less of a performance hit than Linux Knowing Microsoft its probably just a simple blacklist, Linux now required Usermode Applications to use CPU interrupts to access Kernel memory, it cannot be done through virtual memory anymore

If your mircosoft gaming no need to spend $300+ to switch sockets then.
Anyway I heard a rumor that amd planning to apply the intel cpu patch to amd cpu causing them to also suffer the 30% hit* as well. If true seems amd isn't taking advantage of the hot iron.

Utterly bullshit. Its true the PTI patch is enabled on all new Kernels, but its disabled by default if the system detects you use an AMD CPU. You can also force it to be disabled regardless if you have an Intel CPU through GRUB

Go back to where you came from.

Thanks, and I genuinely mean it. I don't mind being wrong, after all once I know why and how im wrong I can correct it thus I'm not wrong.

>>>/reddit/
I'm kidding

For real though, is anyone even surprised? This has happened on Nintendo systems for over a decade.

Gee, I wonder if it's due to it being optimized for that specific hardware.

now here goes hoping is not a crash-prone POS when the emulators come(hi PSVita)

inb4 cemu is a bitcoin miner

If someone can find a way to inject a virus to the nintendo home servers that will then push that virus out to every single switch in the world and permanently brick every single unit they ever sold, I will fucking cum buckets.

you sound rather bitter.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you have an AMD video card, which when it comes to emulating newer consoles struggles under OpenGL. If Cemu adopts Vulkan, things will get a lot better.

Next best guess would be that you have an insufficient CPU for the task.

haawww waaahhh

Split screens like Super Mario Bros X, shit would be cash.

The original Wii still holds the record for being hacked hours after release, or it was just Super Smash Brawl

Furfaggotry should be a bannable offense. Mark, if you don't ban the furfags, then you are one.

All I want are Odyssey models ripped and available

A-user you better don't make prawn…

what did he mean by this?

heh, cool.
I still remember installing RGH on 360 then it red ringed.
I don't like piracy as it gives slimy chinks shekels, but fuck the industry.

Nigger, most machines only need an SD card to be pirated, what are you on about?

The Xbox 360 isn't one of those "Most Machines", 360 hacks are HARDMOD only. You need to buy two chips, a glitcher and a NAND dumper.

Other exceptions:
- PS3s past 3.55 but even then only some models support hardmod.
- 3DS still needs flash cards for playing DS games, or for ntrhax if on a later firmware.
- Dreamcast requires an extra wire for region switching, and more if you want the development firmware.

Bumping for great justice.

This is great. Things I want from homebrew:
-sexy themes
-a fucking power off option available from the menu. I don't want to have to get up or move my hand from the joy con, dammit. seriously, that app is the best on the 3ds
-lots and lots of two player games
-a better tile system

Emulation goes without saying, but I already have a hacked 3ds and pc to do that. The menu looks really ugly, too. Thankfully, not as cluttered as the xbox360 dash, but it needs a revision.

bumping

I think you get me, but it will take a while before we get actual developed tools. But man, something with the power of the switch and having the sensitivity of the xG1 would be fucking great, because it's portable.

I just want high quality Mario models, the ones people use for SFM/GMod currently are decent but could be better

that and 3D Poochy

The Mario tennis models are good enough, they just need variety of sizes, eye bodygroups and color swaps. In the other hand, the humans look realistic and clash the game's artstyle not even TF2 can cover that.
All I want is New Donk City as a map

I hope someone ports over moonman doom to this thing, even if the meme has gotten a bit stale.

CHECKED KEKED AND HEILED GOD BLESSED

chedked

Not bitter at all. I just think it's funny to burn the world down.

Now you just sound like an edgy faggot. I like your trips though.

archive.is/nZInf
Wow, I am impressed!!

I want the newfag-grooming furkikes to fuck off and stay fuck off.

Do these people ever get tired of putting the same emulators on everything they can? Why do they need a GBA emulator when its on PC to phones, to every other hacked console?

It was only a matter of time

It's become a challenge at this point, how many devices can we get to run the GBA?

phones and shit make less sense than putting it on the Switch. This is a portable device dedicated to video games with an appropriate input method.

Planning to buy a switch, of course I'd like to homebrew it.
Can someone help with some general knowledge?

thanks

It's cool to put as many things on one thing as possible. I could run practically every Nintendo game, including DS, on my Wii U and that was very convenient.

It's called RetroArch. Or pretty much any emulation software on the PC.

It's still early progress, they'll port what's fastest and most familiar to them.

Emu's out, boys.

yuzu-emu.org

Switch is fucking doomed, kek.

free and open sores (gplv2), good enough for me unlike another shit meme emulator and has a ganoo loonix port

Take your sour grapes to half chan faggot.

SWITCH EMULATOR NOW!!

PC always wins baby

Mmhmmm, dass rite

Found the original.