RIP Stealth Genre 1998-2016

what are your fondest memories with the genre? best game? worst game? best series? best protagonist? best mechanics? why did the genre died? was it the AAA market co-opting stealth mechanics clumsily for their ass creeds and the likes? discuss everything stealth here

Other urls found in this thread:

ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138607
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stealth is for pussies

I'd argue stealth games died in 2010 when Conviction was released, but maybe someone can point to something earlier than that.

Hitman 2: Slient Assassin is the best but also the most slowest.

But Styx 2 came out this year.

The original Splinter Cell is the best game and Chaos Theory is an absolute breeze even on the hardest difficulty because of the sound meter, one button takedowns, and the AI not seeing you unless you're directly under a lightbulb

payday 2 stelt is the worst

Pandora Tomorrow is better because of multiplayer.

Stealth games should be filed under whichever gimmick they use to make your character invisible. It's all a trick in the end, you are literally fooling no one: all you do, is getting liberal doses of a superpower.

there hasn't been a transcendent game in years

Is the latest Hitman any good? I have only ever played Absolution and that one was absolute garbage.

The new hitman is even worse

Why is there so much shit in Thief? The Prison level is kind of cool but then you have to do that shit crypt mission after. Lets not even speak of Thieve's Guild.

Nuhitman is complete irredeemable garbage

You cant kill women or niggers

All the contracts are ebil white men

Ebin ebil DRUMF forced memes

47 was retconned as a soyboy

Game is literally press a to win the game

Literally no challenge at all

Denuvo and root kits everywhere

Can’t say anything pro-white or get banned from even playing the game ever again

Complete garbage and anyone who’s says otherwise is a square enix shill

While i absolutely hate the new hitman some of that info is wrong
See vid related, literally a nigger woman as target

citation needed

I don't understand your statement at all. If you mean retconned into a weenie, no, because he still kills whoever he's paid to kill, innocent or not.

No one in Hitman has ever been innocent. The devs always come up with some tearjerker story and make sure your targets are "evil"

It's better than Absolution but still not as good as Blood Money. It's still worth grabbing on sale though.

stealth games were never good

Yah, nah. At least chaos theory had the bank level.

Thief 2 is the pure stealth game. Thief 1 is a mix between stealth and raiding tombs. 1 feels like it has the most soul though out of any stealth game

because that's how you know you have a winning concept with a terrible game attached to it

which is what makes it the best of the series

Why does everyone hate the Thieves Guild mission?

Did a stealth game come out in 2016, what?

I prefer 1. It has better atmosphere and higher highs than 2 but also lower lows

I put 2016 for those who liked nu-hitman I guess, although for me it's been dead for a long time

Pandora Tomorrow is better because of the train.

It was such a meme level i still liked it
Overall i agree with that 1 is not very good
2 had great outside levels
3 has great cqc levels and is the best splinter cell game

Wrong.

Thief: The Dark Project was the first real stealth game, ever. So it was still living under certain design ideas from older games, not to mention earlier plans for it when it was meant to be a sort of action RPG. Thief II

: The Metal Age had had time to look over what was well received in The Dark Project, what wasn't, and to figure out based on this and the developers' own experience making the Dark Project and decide just what a stealth game should and shouldn't have. Their conclusion was that it should mainly be about human enemies and sneaking through mansions and banks and warehouses.

With The Dark Project they didn't have that precedent to go by, nobody did, because it was the first of its kind. So a lot of levels are full of monsters and undead because that's what your typical old school fantasy RPG dungeon crawler is full of (in fact a lot of them were made for the original Dark Camelot RPG that turned into Thief and just got recycled), and that's just all they really had to go by. Plus some areas where you're stealing from mansions and whatnot, and those ended up being the "what a stealth game should be" levels. But before they actually released Thief, there wasn't really a way of knowing what to do for a stealth game in particular.

So in short I guess you could say it's because Thief: The Dark Project was an experiment, the first of its kind.

This is either genuine top cancer or some strange reverse psychology marketing.

Best post in this thread. You can see the same thing with Hitman: Codename 47, which I would also consider the first of it's kind, suffering from similar problems as The Dark Project.

>still no good mobas

I've never understood why people hate Bonehoard so much. It's atmospheric as hell.

has sam fisher always been in this picture? I've been seeing this image for like 10 years, maybe more, and never saw sam there.

For anyone that likes Teef, look at the Dark Mod

I like the Bonehoard. It's genuinely creepy in parts, like how the Horn suddenly stops "singing" when you pick it up. Stay away from my face, thief.

Meant for

Holy fucking shit, same.

The entire reason people post this image around is because of him. You never noticed someone post it with a filename like FISHERYOUVEBEENSPOTTED.jpg or something?

Nope. I guess I just always assumed it was either to make fun of attention whores, or to get people's attention in a thread and make people more likely to reply.

That always bothered me. It seems more likely the kind of people who would hire an assassin would want someone "good" dead, not someone "evil". Something approaching grey would have been nice at least.

More like 1998-2000. I can't think of a single good stealth game released after Thief II.

But the sequel to styx came out this year, was that not any good?

Also blacklist was a massive step up from conviction even if it was still casualized, and even the obligatory black dude fit in enough to not feel like just diversity pandering

Letting the player control anything besides the ultimate super duper hero guy who fucks up evil and saves puppies doesn't sell well these days.

Does the Doom 3 engine really handle stealth well?

I didn't even care about the somalian refugee since he barely even talks but making Sam into a completely generic action hero annoyed the fuck out of me.

Chaos Theory, 2005.
Blood Money, 2006.

I said good stealth game

(you)

Stealth genre died with fukushima.

yeah
I guess I just didn't mind much since splinter cell games have always revolved around somewhat bombastic save the world plots and I've never paid all that much attention to dialog

when Ironsides did the character he was a sarcastic, jaded old guy who really wanted to retire and was sick of the bullshit.

With BLACKEDlist he was just your run of the mill "whiskey tango foxtrot lets get those terrorists for America oorah" soldier hero.

The thing about characters being generic and boring is that it makes it super easy to just tune out, at least for me
The loss sucks but I don't think that alone is what makes it a bad game

this game had the most fun multiplayer ever,i still don't know why there isn't a clone of this type of game mechanics

I agree, I got over it quickly because between the new face and voice I stopped thinking of him as the same character.

Hiding in a bush or under something is a superpower?

It was good, and the gameplay was a bit improved, graphics substantially improved, much more polished… story wasn't anywhere near as good though and I found the setting less interesting.

If they did a remake of the original in UE4 with the polish and gameplay improvements of the sequel (not the crafting shit, just the increased fluidity), they'd have a game to rival Thief II.

Because it's essentially developing two completely separate games in tandem, and one of them inevitably becomes more appealing to players, leading to frustration and quitting
And people aren't really that into stealth in the first place, so player retention for a multiplayer community is a pretty hard ask to begin with, it's why metal gear online has been so rocky and now is more about action than stealth

Also they did bring it back in blacklist, it just went down the same route as the single player

I like that game, but stealth is lacking. The only stealthy parts come down to getting a disguise (usually there's a real obvious one to grab) and killing the target (usually there is a very obvious window of when to kill). There is also smuggling weapons out, but it ranges from impossible without glitches (crows level), to extremely difficult (elephant gun), to pretty easy, and even then that's more of a bonus. There are also certain stealth segments, like busting the redhead out of the rehab center.

But this is like 10-15% of the game, where rest is just walking around basically invisible trying to figure out what the devs want you to do.

I've never played a 'real' stealth game, just shitty stealth segments in other genres. What's the quintessential experience, Holla Forums? Mostly I hear Thief 2 being close to what I'm thinking of, but I rarely hear it talked about either way.

All the "real" stealth games basically have their own quirks that make people prefer them to the others. It comes down to MGS, Splinter Cell, Thief, Hitman, Styx and Sneak King.

Thief's main draw is the levels are fucking gigantic and you can easily get lost in the place you're robbing. There are so many enemies that knocking them out indiscriminately doesn't really break the game because there's another 10 you might bump into.

1 is half fantasy dungeon diving half stealth game and 2 is just pure stealth.

There does not need to be another stealth game other than death to spies and maybe hidden and dangerous.

Play Thief from the beginning. Some people don't like certain levels in The Dark Project but its still a fantastic game and you will have no clue what's going on in the storyline if you jump into 2 first.

I think pretty much every agrees haunted cathedral (the city part) is a fucking abomination.

Thief II is probably the best game to start with unless you really have a hardon for Tom Clancy novel type modern espionage in which case start with Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I'm not a fan of Splinter Cell, personally, but this is mainly because I find the console-based controls incredibly frustrating to play with. Your mileage may vary. In general here's a list of games to check out:

Thief
Thief II
Thief 2X SotMA
Thief Deadly Shadows
Styx: Master of Shadows
Styx: Shards of Darkness
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

I'm not a Hitman fan so I can't pick out good parts of the series but Hitman: Blood Money seems to be widely regarded as the best. I played it and did not like it and honestly I think if you're a fan of skulking in shadows you probably won't like it, but everyone's tastes are different. Hitman is about disguises and puzzling a path to your victim or back out.

I'd also like to throw in a recommendation for Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I'll catch some flak for this, but I really enjoyed it as a stealth RPG, and from what I understand a lot of the issues it did have, like boss fights, later got updated to add stealth options. Granted, the really good part is Detroit, the game does decline in quality from there. But I found it to be a fun stealth game with a GitS-ish atmosphere. Don't start with it as your first stealth game, just keep it in mind later if you're starved for good stealth stuff and need more options.

I think Metro 2033 also deserves honourable mention; while it has some unavoidable monster combat and no nonlethal takedown options (I think Redux adds them, but fucks the game up completely), for the most part you can play it as a very stealthy game. Lots of exploration and poking around the ruins of Moscow. Great atmosphere and visuals. Arguably you get a better story experience playing it stealthy since you hear more enemy conversations and such. Metro Last Light is dogshit, don't touch it, it shits all over the characters in 2033 and will ruin the original for you. 2033 is a proper cyka blyat cheeki breeki slav experience, Last Light feels American.

With regards to Thief note that starting with Thief II won't spoil a whole lot in the original, the stories are pretty separate. The only spoilerish thing is knowing some details about Viktoria beforehand, but that still doesn't reveal a whole lot when you go back and play the original. Conversely starting with the original may turn you off the series altogether because of all the dungeon crawling stuff, and then you'll miss out on a great sequel. SotMA is a fan mod that runs parallel to the events of Thief II. Despite being a fan mod the quality is excellent. You only really see the fan-made elements in the cutscenes, one creature's animations, and a bit of the voice acting. That was years ago and even those deficiencies may well have been corrected by now. Aside from those, you'd never be able to tell it wasn't made by LGS itself. SotMA is excellent and every Thief fan should try it.

This is how I feel about styx

True. But it felt less pronounced in Styx, and the controls were less molasses-y.

Hitman is kind of its own thing. It has physical stealth (being unseen), but the focus is mostly on social stealth (having the right disguise and not being suspicious) and on figuring out cool ways to kill the targets (sort of puzzle-solving/adventure elements). It deserves to be called a stealth game, but it's as far from the Thief/Splinter Cell model as you can get within that genre.

It's not a stealth game per se, but it encourages stealth so much, and you're so weak if you don't spec into combat augs, that it kind of reaches into Dishonored territory, where it's like a stealth game wrapped inside an action game, and you can spend almost all your time in the stealth part if you play autistically enough.

We will never, EVER see companies set aside petty personal bullshit and create games where character from X franchise is put into the world of Y franchise JUST to let the player see how the character’s abilities and play style would work therein.

But muh canon user, the games can't mix.

I remember when autists would argue on forums about whether Solid Snake or Sam Fisher was better. I almost miss those days.

>per se
Thank you for spelling this correctly, user.

yw bb

MGS4 had some Assassin's Creed stuff though, didn't it?

Damn, I wish I played these games back in the day.

Just an outfit.

Only if you turn off all the nustealth UI garbage like wallhax and objective markers.

go back to >>>Holla Forums

It's not bad but the business model should not be supported.
Why would you start with the worst fucking game in the series? If you don't feel up to the older ones at least do Contracts and Blood Money.

Gold added Thieves' Guild, just skip it but I like Bonehoard. There's so much weird shit because it was originally going to be a swordfighting dungeon-thingy game.

Mostly the backtracking, how much of a samey brown mess the level is visually and how it adds nothing new to the game (arguably it fucks up the pacing a bit). I guess they added it because they wanted a bit more actual thievery in the early levels.

Thief 1 and 2 (get the fanpatches).

MGS isn't really a stealth series but MG was.

Almost as good as blood money
Just open the menu and disable the handholding.
.>>14069906
Am i being rused?
Reported just in case.

There's contract "black lives matter" where you kill two blacks, with description "this contract was orded by the mysterious moonman" so that guy is baiting.

to be fair, you get contracts from even worse people, especially the hits on cartels, mobs, and crime syndicates.

I would throw in an anti-recommendation for Deus Ex Human Revolution. The stealth mechanics in this thing is as deep as MGS 1, very disappointing. You would be better playing the original Deus Ex, even with its braindead AI. At least you can use EVERYTHING to make a distraction, use shadows in your favor, better stealth augs (spy drone), more bots, no radar… it will be a nice introduction to Thief mechanics without playing Thief (which can be overwhelming at first due to the big ass levels and emphasis in exploration/loot)

Anyways, if you don't care about story, go for Thief II and Chaos Theory (which are the gold standard of the genre). Thief 1 is a good game but the stealth aspect is less important. Splinter Cell 1 & 2 are very linear and lets you no-freedom when playing it. Chaos Theory while linear, offers more freedom to tackle situations, some alternate paths as well as not having as many forced action scenes as the previous games. Also I've heard good things about the OG Xbox version of Double Agent (which is totally different from 360/PS3/PC Double Agent) but I haven't had the chance to try it

I would also recommend playing MGS 3, even if it's not the best stealth game out there. Just as Hitman, MGS 3 is its own thing within the genre, adding survival aspects, camouflage and thousands of clever ways to deal with the enemy, it's worth at least one playthrough (but the game shines when experimenting in successive playthroughs). I wouldn't recommend any other MGS from a stealth perspective except from Ground Zeroes, which is just the prologue of Phantom Pain, but it's very well done. Just a shame Kojima/Konami dropped the ball

Who? I mean it doesn't play so well on a replay but it's not a particularly bad level unless you really can't stand the undead levels. Without it for build-up I don't think the Cathedral level would be as good either.

It'd be either Blood Money or Contacts.

Is there any point to getting/playing the games after theif 2 in the series?

When you turn off most of the UI like the wallhack vision, it's excellent. I actually prefer it to Blood Money, but know that it has a shit business model.

The holy trinity is Blood Money, Chaos Theory, and Thief 1 or 2, Metal Gear isn't a stealth game and more of an action game where you're not supposed to be spotted but gameplay-wise Snake Eater is the best.

Deadly Shadows is still fine good rather than great particularly if you get the Sneaky Upgrade ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138607
There's one pretty good level that I won't spoil and the story as a whole neatly wraps things up after the first two games.

Deadly Shadows is decent. NuThief is…it's like Blacklist is to Splinter Cell, almost. It's an actual stealth game if you play it on the hardest difficulty with most of the handholds turned off. But it fails to live up to the legacy of the series.

Sam Fisher is better.

Agh

You're right about The fuck drumpf stuff, but the second mission revolves around you killing Mossad agents.

Chaos Theory had some really memorable dialogue. I liked the conversation between the two guards at the beginning of that level regarding the motion-sensing lights.

I before E except after C
Thief 1 and 2 before Deadly Shadows unless you're a fag

Chaos Theory can go toe-to-toe with any other stealth game out there as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't seen an actually worthwhile stealth game for almost ten years.

Best stealth games.

You got me.

Someone never read the Metro books did they? The game shits all over Metro by making it CoD. You faggots only like it because it's slow walking segments are Russian instead of American.

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
Worst timeline

I might have been too hard on Styx 2. Styx is an insufferable meme lord now for some reason who breaks the fourth wall, the story even early on is clearly lacking and they removed maps and objectives unless you leave big floating markers on your screen. The first game you could disable that shit and still see a map of the area and what you're meant to do.

It's out dated. These days they show you full enemy outlines not just icons.

Welcome to pretty much any game ever now. If the first one does well they expand the writing staff and it becomes full of people like Anthony Birch.

Who gives a flyinjg fuck. I play Rogues Spear and SWAT 3 with my men.

Not really, it's a hobby. It would be like not playing with old firearms or collecting beautiful automobiles. A sick load of hobbies and cutthroat gambles among brothers. The real gambles you will always hear of elsewhere.

IO got rid of Denuvo once they became independent.
What do you mean?

What the fuck are you even trying to say?

I think he is saying that people get too hung up on CURRENT YEAR blues. Hobbies are timeless and you won't always stay in the past nor always in the present. If you're really into firearms as his example, you won't just settle with the new stuff, you will go back and check out vintage arms. Same for cars, bikes, films, books, music etc.

Return to the Cathedral spooked me good, last year.

>Implying that Dude Sex are stealth games. They're still good, though.
4/10, made me reply.

only when the sound is ee

Would a splinter cell type stealth game work with dark souls style invasions? Or would the invaders cheat by maxing brightness and gamma?

Yes.

The nuStealth UI garbage can be disabled and the game actually works well without it, with the only exception of wallhack vision because there is too much environment clutter to be able to tell which items are interactable, still, activating it slows you down and you have to hold the button so you won't be able to have it on constantly.

Blacklist is a serviceable stealth game on the highest difficulty. It doesn't rise above mediocre, and the most stealth-heavy part, Grim's side missions, drastically misunderstand good stealth design by having instant failure states. That's such a cardinal sin that it reflects poorly on the rest of the game; Thief works only because it deliberately creates intermediate partial-failure states (suspicion, fight/flight when caught, etc.). Every subsequent stealth game that has any measure of success has learned this lesson and internalized it completely. Blacklist's failure to universalize that principle tells me that its designers are simply aping what other stealth games do without understanding why those traditional systems were developed.

It's a good game hidden under a bad business model. Just turn off a good chunk of the UI and you'll have a blast.

You can get it for free if you know a fit girl

It's literally unplayable on PC because of the shit controls. Might be a good game on consoles but then again

if you played cs 1.6 on software graphics you could see through smoke grenades and i would always play on that setting because of it. so yea, if someone can do something as simple as turning up gamma to get an edge on someone else they fucking will

maybe he spammed the forums with shit and cried victim when he got banned, its usually the case with these types of people, especially ones who type like that. when there was that thread on the rust forum where people who got banned were getting shamed publicly it was always crying victim saying they didn't hack then they'd get replied to with a screenshot of their game filled with every imaginable hack

An Assassin's Creed or Hitman stealth game can work with multiplayer since it isn't based on hiding in the shadows. Ass creed brotherhood multiplayer managed to be fun.

it was fun until you realize what one of the final unlocks, poison did. it let you stealth kill people with absolutely no tip to who just killed you. literally game breaking. turned from fun conga lines of assassins waiting for the first in line to get murdered for the assassin party to begin into boring fucking games where nothing ever happens because you always get perfect stealth kills/killed. poison ruined the entire online for me even after unlocking it myself

Maybe they could fix it by making a more distinct animation of applying poison. They could also make it so that the poisoner carries an antidote and you can live if you knock them out.

never posted here before but i had to stop by and say, that NES metal gear beat you to it

Pac-Man :^)
Not really.

Pac-Man is a dark souls game

Why won't someone make a stealth game where you take lewd pics but have it where you got to be really steathy and not dumb AI, you have to follow them walking home from school, break into their house and get pics of them when they are in their bathroom or sleeping etc. No stupid AI.

I think today instead of military jargon Sam would just say anything lolsorandom or a meme.

Nice

It will be a partly VR game where you go to restaurants and other establishments to scope out some girls

This man gets it.

Did you get lost? This isn't 4chan.

Well I wanted it where you can be a boy or girl pervert.

It depends if it is a first person stealth game with a camera like chronicles of riddick escape from butcher bay or a third person stealth game like chaos theory. If it is first person the gender doesn't change a whole lot.

I wanted it their person, and feeling like MGS. Also have it where if your a girl you stalk guys and if your a guy you stalk girls.

That'd be Peace Walker, user, you spend the majority of your time in Peace Walker shooting shit with sneaking being a minor distraction at best. I went through the vast majority of MGS:V without getting in any fights whatsoever. NuHitman is actually pretty good, but only if you disable all of the fucking retarded UI shit.

That game on the bottom right is the stealthiest out of all the stealth games

Half of the game is hidden

Mark of the Ninja

Are there any other good 2D stealth games out there? I was surprised how satisfying Mark of the Ninja was to play, despite the inherent linearity that comes from lacking 3 dimensions. It's a shame we'll probably never get a sequel.

The first time I played and finished Thief Gold.
Never had an experience like that since then.
Thief 2 was good, but the first time with a new gerne that is just done right will always be special.
And sadly nothing came ever close to it.
I had hopes for Dishonred, but that got neutered witht the special powers, and 3rd person ones just don't seem to work that well, tough SP 1-3 were a bit of fun.
Mods are all that's left if you want good stealth.

There's Gunpoint which is excellent and Stealth Bastard, but they function more like puzzle games than stealth games.

And yep, fucking Klei having to make completely different games every time.

You don't want to represent the gay community too?

W-wish me luck. I've decided if its just as shit as I remember I will either skip it or go back a save to do it again on normal.

Usually I just skip it tbhfam

That's why I liked Codename 47's story a lot, the targets are all evil, but in the end you find out that each of those hits were requested by an even more evil guy who turns out to be 47's creator and one of his five genetic fathers. I do forget exactly why he hired 47 to kill them all, I should really replay the game now that I think about it.

I don't like when stealth game is forcing player to use force against non targets, I like being ghost. You can't be ghost in Splinter Cell games, but you can in Deus Ex and Hitman.

Also Deus Ex is pacifist friendly. Splinter Cell is not.

so how many times have you finished under tale huh

fucking ghostfags ruined the genre I swear. Ever since each game had to cater to a bunch of moralists providing good goy points to them. Back then in the age of Thief/OG Deus Ex, going lethal or non-lethal was a matter of style choice. Those games are still beloved because apart from their stellar level design, provided enough means of self-expression without gimping the player for its choice. Now it's all "oh so you pressed the button in your right instead of the one in the left, bad goy! here you are, less xp points and a bad ending! don't forget to play in this exact way to get the most out of the experience!"

Also wrong unless you're strictly speaking about SC1 or Conviction. The rest are all "pacifist friendly" as you put it.

Wow user you're so hardcore.

Sam Fisher kills people.

I am, so, so disgusted by this! it upsets me!

You can knock out lacerda non-lethally and it will complete the mission. Haven't tried that with Nedich

I tried but I too skipped it. Fuck that level to hell. Onto the Sword now.

Why Blood Money is better than HITMAN™ ?

You don't have to connect it to the Internet in order to earn or keep upgrades.
It has more than six maps.
I haven't played HITMAN™.

sniper case

Silent Assassin?

It's been a while since I played it, but I'm pretty sure Silent Assassin had the sniper case.

It didn't

Waiting for a guard to wake in a line only to way back where he will find me waiting to strike. every stealth game

Stealth games with no killing?

>Waiting for a guard to wake in a line only to way back
If you're not phoneposting, you must have brain damage.
You don't understand stealth games.
It's sad that you never played Chaos Theory. If you mess with guards enough, they'll fire blindly into the darkness and scream like they're losing their minds. It's the best.

oh fugg

you got me I will be leaving now

I don't even remember purchasing these. Which one should I play first?

1. How new are they, stop giving Valve your money.
2. Read the thread nigger, BM is the disputed champion of the series.

I purchased them 7 years ago. Probably on a christmas sale due to the date. Stopped giving valve money a long time ago.

Play them in release order (C47, SA, BM). Also, play Contracts, which came out in between SA and BM. If you find that you can't stand C47 or SA, move on to the next game.

This is a great game, but it's weird how it only came out on the xbawkstreefiddy+10

This reminds me of when video games were good.
You can tell they made it specifically so you can be smug as fuck as you show that guy ninjas are real.

Codename 47 has terrible graphics issues and only renders in a super small box that is half-way off my screen. Started a new game, but WASD and Arrow Keys didn't move the guy. I don't really feel like trying to fix broken old games.

Fair enough. Move on to SA, then. C47 is kind of the odd one out in the series, anyway. It was still finding its feet.

I just installed Blood Money its the same shit.

What's your operating system.

Windows 7. Tried DirectX and OpenGL, it probably has to do something with the fact I have 4 displays. I just don't really care enough to try and fuck with it until it works.

For what purpose? Are you a computer-aided designer or some shit.

I watch ALOT of hentai simultaneously on multiple displays.

that seems unnecessary is your dick attracted to multitasking hentai?

okay, i get watching multiple porns at once but considering most hentai 1) is just looped animation and 2) attempts to shove some shit plot in between the loops, the fuck reason would you have to be watching them simultaneously

Non-Redux Metro 2033 is very fun as a stealth game. I loved having to aim my throwing knives so they don't bounce off someones armor and the arrow pump gun was cool to. I wish it was less linear and that you could complete the whole game using stealth. The action set pieces weren't that cool. It's also unfortunate you can't stealth past monsters. The game is also scary w/ the monsters and being mostly alone which reminded me of Thief 1.

sauce?

back to the containment board, Holla Forums

Love Assassins, liked Bafford's Mansion and the Sword, Prison is OK, Bonehoard, Thieves Guild and Cathedral suck total shit and killed the game. Maybe its my mentality, maybe its me playing on Expert so the bad levels drag out longer. For whatever reason, I can't truly get into this game. I have heard Thief 2 is more like Assassins and Mansion but I don't really want to skip games.

just replay both 2 and 3 (i like blood money but i prefer 3 for the atmosphere)

both absolution and the reboot are crappy games filled with gimmicks that make the game play itself

and i haven´t even mentioned that the UI tells you everything without allowing you to actually figure crap on your own
(wich is part of the stealth)

play OG tenchu on psx fag
Tenchu Z is garbage

Contracts is better than Blood Money, and Silent Assassin is underrated.

BASED