Fighting Game General: Happy 2018 Edition

>The cunts over at >>>/radcorp/ have scheduled a fightan tournament for January 6th for Euro hours and January 7th for NA/SA. The game is Street Fighter 3 Third Strike and it'll be a best of 5 double elimination bracket tournament that will be hosted on fightcade and streamed for your shitposting pleasure. The grand finale will be a first to 5 showdown between the Euro and Burg champions. A challonge page for each area and a thread will be posted here on Holla Forums a week before the tournament begins proper, you can sign up once that thread is up.

Release date is January 26th, 2018. Season pass with 8 DLC characters confirmed. Opening/Attract cinematic: youtube.com/watch?v=IW8iG0Bqd3Y
Beta coming January 13, 12:00am(PST) to January 15, 11:59pm(PST) for those who preordered the game on consoles. January 14~15 for regular PS4 and Xbox One users. Bills is among the 11 playable characters.
English dub by Funimation confirmed for the game along with the regular Japanese audio.

New DLC character Najd confirmed for the game along with a new stage based on Masmak fort. Both comes from a fan contest held in Saudi Arabia.
Version 3.0 will be playable on EVO Japan (Jan 26~28). The version will include a new DLC character playable teased with a Joker card.
SNK's producer Oda revealed that SNK have plans for a new console and mobile games for 2018, SNK's 40th anniversary.

The game will be released on February 15 in Japan. Limited edition will feature artbook with a new story by Kamachi and soundtrack.
Modes announced: Arcade, Battle Mode, Destruction(survival), Explosion Code, Death Match, Boss Rush and Challenge Battle.
Accelerator and RVR-87/VSL Specineff “Rusty Blood” trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=jYg5BINU9Ns

Iron Tager, Makoto Nanaya, Nu-13 and Es confirmed for the game: youtube.com/watch?v=3YvnAaWfDyY
New gameplay from the stream: youtube.com/watch?v=4IwWsmKqW2k

Noctis revealed as the third guest character coming as DLC: youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
The game has has surpassed 3 million copies worldwide: archive.is/z30Mx

Game is announced for 2018: youtube.com/watch?v=-IMpZe1-7AU PSX Gameplay trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=iA6US0jfqNA
Mitsurugi and Sophitia are confirmed. Game will revisit the events from the first SoulCalibur. Soul Charge is back and new mechanic introduced: Reversal Edge.
PSX interview with producer Motohiro Okubo: youtube.com/watch?v=iUUS-Smwc40

Blair Dame teaser trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=auBseAiBoDo
Official Facebook page for feedback and news: facebook.com/ARIKAOfficial/
So far their plan is to launch with 10 characters and fill in the rest of the EX roster through "post-launch DLC."

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Cinematic Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=3l4mux-seHI
Sakura, Blanka, Falke, Cody, G and Sagat are the characters for the third season. Sakura trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=WABWyJ45XCo
It features every content from Season 1 and Season 2 (Characters and respective premium costumes), Arcade Mode, Extra Battle, Gallery and gameplay changes like new V-modes.
Offline Team Battle mode announced for the game.

Shark Girl with her arcana, Parace L'sia and Dark Heart will be added in the new version as paid DLC (free for backers) later along with a new balance update.

Atom, Enchantress and the TMNT revealed as characters for the third Fighter Pack
January patch notes: community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/January-Update/m-p/1766609#M21
Atom trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=8juWEPQRmPo

Venom, Black Widow and Winter Soldier released as the second batch of DLC characters.

Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Release date in the west: February, 9th, 2018 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita

New character Dr. Coyle is out: youtube.com/watch?v=xmzAmbAJO-o

Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.
Newest trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=es60KLszDFE

The first patch for Pokken DX was announced, and will add 3v3 support for friendly matches, CPU input playback for training mode, and new high rank rewards in group matches along with misc fixes and changes. Patch notes: nintendoeverything.com/pokken-tournament-dx-update-out-now-version-1-1-0/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K9ziQzDusE4
youtube.com/watch?v=4c9n40tCxAo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ltPVoyNTM
youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Cdcr3T_0G_w
youtube.com/watch?v=vtdXuNm8qJI
store.steampowered.com/app/577970/Punch_Planet/
youtube.com/watch?v=KMSC2vpR9Ic
youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4
youtube.com/watch?v=0iGFJK6OI5M
youtube.com/watch?v=OgN6ALghs04
store.steampowered.com/app/550340/Umineko_Golden_Fantasia/
play.fightcade.com/
fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.is/0Lp7P
jiyunajp.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/akira-nishitani-katsuhiro-harada-interview/
shonengamez.com/2017/12/29/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-beerus-to-the-january-open-beta/
twitch.tv/joniosan/videos/all
youtube.com/channel/UCDmFkuRZSbxyvqdK-cjMSog
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N
youtube.com/watch?v=nvCEn8Cp9IU
store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0177-CUSA10757_00-VOX2017INDEX0000
pocket.shonenmagazine.com/episode/13932016480029241879
twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/947617338852982784
twitter.com/gentle_step/status/946801652765425664
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD-R2/System_Data#Throw_Ranges
web.archive.org/web/20180103023740/https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/948378440926990337
archive.fo/JCdxm
blazblue.kumodori.com/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV.

Cerebrawl v0.6.9 gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=K9ziQzDusE4
Fantasy Strike new character Lum: youtube.com/watch?v=4c9n40tCxAo
Fight of Gods Santa reveal trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ltPVoyNTM
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw Website: dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html Hippo in the 1.5 update: youtube.com/watch?v=Cdcr3T_0G_w
Omen of Sorrow PSX trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=vtdXuNm8qJI
Punch Planet Steam Early Access page: store.steampowered.com/app/577970/Punch_Planet/
Strides 2 Glory: Taeyeon released along with Patch 1.1: youtube.com/watch?v=KMSC2vpR9Ic
Them's Fightin Herds is out of NDA. Newest backer build: youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4 Basics: youtube.com/watch?v=0iGFJK6OI5M
Touhou 15.5: The Antinomy of Common Flowers was released. Doremy confirmed as a playable character: youtube.com/watch?v=OgN6ALghs04
TRAF: Suits of Fate: New build available for public and Early Access stated for Early 2018.
Umineko: Golden Fantasia is released on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/550340/Umineko_Golden_Fantasia/

Fightcade2 is now on closed beta. Users from until 2014 have access to the new version. Download: play.fightcade.com/
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
>Previous thread: archive.is/0Lp7P

Be sure to do shit like this so we can laugh at your sorry ass.

Who made this, huh?

muh dic

Its hard being me

Impregnation can be such a wonderful fetish, sometimes

Bruh

Are you perhaps a fellow of darker complexion?

shame they didn't use goku's super gi for blue.

does it really matter? Honestly they should've just made Blue an Alt Color

Should I download KoF '98 or 2000 on Switch eShop?

is it 2000UM? If not go 98

Daily reminder to play a team of Yamcha, Tien and Krillin to BTFO power levelfags whenever possible.

There's only going to be a small percentage of people actually capable of playing those characters well, and the rest will be dogshit memers.

Those people likely won't even be playing much online. And even then I wouldn't waste time and effort on them.

Wonderful conversation between Tekken's Harada and Akira Nishitani (one of the main guys behind Street Fighter 2 and Fighting Layer) about fighting-game design: jiyunajp.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/akira-nishitani-katsuhiro-harada-interview/

Sophitia's looking pretty shiggydiggy in that pic.

Bills is among the 11 playable characters
who?

I think it is more of an excuse for artists, who suck at anatomy, to be lazy and have a flat unchiseled chest.

Any games that use the naruto engine but aren't about naruto?

Beerus

Both very true but I'm sure there are people out there who are both willing to meme it up and also good at vidya.

That's what abortion is for, my man

I'm not surprised, but I like the lobby system and wish it had more people.

Welcome to any fighting game that isn't Tekken 7 or made by Capcom. You'll have to use discord if you wanna get matches.

That's basically the norm for most fighters on PC.

Whoops, my hue is leaking: shonengamez.com/2017/12/29/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-beerus-to-the-january-open-beta/

I forgot to add that. This was actually pretty great. I remember one between ArcSys and UNiEL devs and another with Neo_G(former Capcom, now SNK) that were pretty great.

They could just headswap Yamcha but recolor SSJ Goku is easier or maybe if they did that to Goku they would have to design whole new costume for Vegeta from "Resurrection 'F'"

There's no such thing I wish, Seth is really broken as striker and Kyo has a shit ton of infinites. So, for story and presentation, go with 2000 but gameplay, I would say '98 unless you really like assists.

Its the same on consoles though

Oh I'm dumb I was thinking of 2k2

TRIPLE GOKU TRIPLE TROUBLE TEAM

Does anyone play fightan games on PS4

Yup, CPE and CF as well as dabbling in a few others here and there.

I've been playing Injustice 2 and just picked up KoF14

Neat, which do you prefer? Who is your main(s)?

For Injustice its looking like Supergirl, haven't started 14 yet but in 13 I liked King, in 02 I like Vanessa, now I just need to decide on a 3rd. May just go with Iori as my 3rd.

That's pretty cool. I never got into Injustice myself because i'm not that big a comic book fan and I don't really gel with NRS playstyles. How does Supergirl play?

How is Vanessa in '14? I have it but I don't have her yet. I liked her when I played a bit of '00 though.

I like the way I2 plays compared to the MK series, seems to flow a lot better, Supergirl herself is pretty good, heres a combo guide of her so you can kind of get an idea how she plays.
I haven't started 14 yet so I'm not sure how she plays yet.

Yeah. Mostly play DOA5, but I've also been playing some Injustice 2. I own a few other games like BBCPE and KOF14, but I'm shit at them and pretty much never touch them.

Thanks, i'll have a look. When you do try out Vanessa drop back here and let us know how she plays.

3D fighters, on another level of skill I can't attain. Who's your DOA main? I like Mila myself, she was cool when I tried it out.

I like pregnancy the most if it's a direct aftermath to the continuity of being impregnated (like the next panel or something in a doujin)

My main's Kokoro, but I actually have fun using almost every character in the game (which is the main reason I consider DOA5 my favorite). I'd probably consider Momiji my second favorite, but I could just as easily pick up Mariposa or Eliot or someone else and try figuring out combos for them and have a blast doing it.

I just watched a combo vid for her, she looks neat. Same with Momoji, in fact I think I like Momoji better.

On a side note, I definitely like the DOA animations way better than I2's. They look more fluid and complete. I2 looks a bit janky (especially the way Super/Powergirl resets to her floating neutral stance in that combo vid).

*Momiji, sorry

how hard would be to code my own fighter in SDL?

Try it and find out

Hey, does DBZF have dashes or runs like GG?

Just want to know, so I can get back into Xrd and get back into the flow of FD block dashing again

Tien and Yamcha look pretty good and basic though. Yamcha is just wolverine, and Tien plays very basic as well. I think they'll be common characters.

Is there going to be a third New Years Beatdow?

Naruto engine? The one CC2 uses?

What's that girl with the robot one?

Filename.

Does anyone here really give a shit about this stuff? Every time I check these threads it's like half people talking about fighting games and then half these niggers posting scene drama twitter screencaps to zero replies.

Back to Eventsrcubs with you, Capcuck.

It's just a few guys constantly keeping an eye out for this shit for some reason.

I honestly find it more annoying than interesting. Everyone knows Chen is one of Capcom's paid shills, so it's a bit pointless to point out every time he defends them.

Yessir

Shameful.

The Mikado arcade is hosting its annual Tenkaichi Budokai league from now until late January. The league is composed of eight of the best players in the world playing FT10 sets broadcast live from Mikado. Embed related is EVO 2017 champion Omito (Johnny) vs Zadi (Raven) from last week, and one of the better sets so far. All the recent vods can be found on Jonio's Twitch and YouTube channels:
twitch.tv/joniosan/videos/all
youtube.com/channel/UCDmFkuRZSbxyvqdK-cjMSog

The commentary is specifically aimed at people who don't necessarily understand GG and to help encourage interest in the scene. You'll get the hang of it.

I will never stop shilling this event.

Does James Chen work for Capcom? There's no other explanation…

Don't fucking buy any neo geo fighter on the switch unless you have a pro controller or the fight stick. The joycons are complete trash for fighting.

Nuclear Negro is the only FGC guy I actually listen to.

The one thing that can be said about the guy is that he's been consistent in his sheer disdain for the way Capcom has been shit for the better part of five years now. Hell, he's been consistent about being pissed at how shit the industry has been in general for a very long time.

It's been too long since I've had a video separate audio tracks like that.

I think its just him wanting Capcom to be good again, that and he loves MH.

Ogawa v Zadi was brutal, is the matchup as bad as that made it look?

SFML or BTFO
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N
Godot to Blender Plugin, pls
Need more competition than ArcSys

Why does no one talk about this? It easily has the most depth of any dbz game, and it actually uses the manga aesthetic.

Many of Raven's tools invalidate entire strategies, and he has four or five of them. Needle in particular is low enough to check basically anything little Eddie does. He's not unbeatable because he has lacklustre reversal options, but everything else is really good.

The Zato matchup in particular is rough, but against a player poorer than Zadi, it would not look so bad. Raven is a character whose skill floor is so high many players tend not to bother gitting gud with him, but the arcade players like Zadi and Dogura make him look unbeatable.

is that a render?
it looks weird

Well I'm pretty sure they used the same engine for their two JoJo games (All Star battle and Eyes of Heaven). ASB is more of a traditional fighter, though casualized as you would expect from CC2. I haven't played EoH but it looks team based and takes place in open maps. Both do a fantastic job of translating JJBA's style to 3D.
There's also One Piece: Burning Blood which seems to have the same type of gameplay as the Naruto games despite not being made by CC2. I haven't played it myself and steam user reviews are mixed, so I'd be weary of it.

We leave in a time where KoF is more popular than MvC.

I regret passing this up the last time I saw this while shopping. How good is the game anyway, and what is it similar to in terms of gameplay?

I don't really have anything to compare it to off the top of my head. Just watch this and decide.
It's shitting the bed for me right now

I saw the cover, saw it was under $15, and just really wanted it. Besides it was a mom and pop shop, not FUCKING GAMESTOP or some shit.

If you're not living the pirates life, then you ain't living at all.

You aren't wrong.

you bet your ass I'm not.
Though please support the official release.

And nothing of value was lost.

am I suppose to know what the fuck this is?

How come no one ever talks about the KOFs that aren't '98, 2002 and 14? I'm pretty interested in playing the other games if only out of curiosity, but I feel like I know fuck-all about any of them.

Those are generally considered to be the highlight games.

To expand; it's part of why people only talk about Street Fighter 3S, ST and whichever one is current. Sure there are a shitload more, but these are the ones that are considered the highlights of their style/era.

Usually they are the highlight because of balance and finely tuned mechanics.

She's looking damn fine. Still worried it'll have denuvo like Tekken 7 did.

Thighs are truly the greatest weapon of womankind.

Both ASB and Burning Blood are crappy as fighting games, but amazing as Fan Service. I would only recommend you play them if you are a fan of their respective source materials.

It will, you don't even have to pretend that there is a small chance it won't.

because casuals refuse to touch it do to lack of diversity, rather then having something functioning and working.

Sakura & Sagat in SFV is going to be like necromancer in Diablo3… right? A ploy to nostalgia to keep the game going and not change its basic flaws.

Two reasons:
1. Being more advanced than other DBZ fighters at the time wasn't enough to impress most of the FGC.
2. Put it next to a flashier game like Budokai 3. Which game do you think most DB fans will pick?

Why do you hate denuvo so much?
I think all games should be DRM free by default btw.

KOF player here.

if you're not in latinoamerica/china don't bother finding people who play those.

only in spicland and china and taiwan there are players who played everykof on release.

I still remember people playing kof 99 on arcade and playing 97 of psx.

Ian Walker:
James Chen:
If you think this is maximum shilling, you don't know Justin Wong. I don't know for sure if the game mechanics aren't fun, I would have to play it first (which, given how it looks, you would have to pay me money for).

I still don't get why people expect for others to bite the hand that feeds them.

like yeah nigger, start shitalking the company that is giving you money.

There are actually people out there who have integrity. I assume this is a foreign concept to you.

fuck i am pumped i happen to be quite decent at this game hope they let someone from pakistan join

a meme.

welcome to being an adult fampai.

It's very basic. Replacing assists with active switch just makes everyone kinda the same. Look for the good move to switch from if the opponent is blocking, switch and do other stuff you already did in previous games. It's good for player freedom but it becomes stale fast. Everyone uses Dante because of all of his multi-hitting stuff that's good for switching. Characters that would be kinda bad in previous games are good thanks to the switch (which means they're carrying each other anyway until one dies, then you may as well give up as usual). Remember that top tiers are also carried up thanks to switching.
Stones don't really fundamentally add anything except for a few combinations but otherwise it's just space/reality/soul stones being really unfun to fight against if they have a team that compliments the stone well. You don't even need anything to compliment reality and soul because they're almost always good.

In the end it's just a repeat of Marvel 3, but death is in 4 combos instead of 3.

Dream 8 DLC characters +4 hidden for FighterZ:

1.- Ribrianne w/ Universe 6.
She plays keepaway. She summons assists as specials. Her Hyper Combos are long cutscenes that are annoying. Ultimate Troll keepaway character.
2.- Muten Roshi with Jackie Chun skin.
3.- Kid Goku with Tail.
Transforms into ape level 3 and can be used as a Devil Trigger.
4.- Launch.
Weak in blue form. OP in yellow form. Yellow hair spends meter every second. She switches with a sneeze command like stances. Blue form has a healing hyper combo, Launch hyper combos are all damage. one command grab with mm9 pistol close up lvl 3, the lvl 1 can be like B.B Hood with bank robbers. Blue launch assist are supportive, Yellow Launch assist is aggressive setup (machine gun continous multi-hit to prolong a combo/ suppressive fire)
5.- Hercule with jetpack.
his assist is egging on. He is invincible when uses, doesn't damage opponent, but he gives meter or health to the team.
6.- Dabura w/ Babidi
Babidi is special command assist.
7.- Arale-chan (only obtainable after unlocking every hidden character /beating the game)
8.- Zarbon with monster form as Devil Trigger level 1 for fujoshi pandering
9.- Whys
time rewinding level 5/7. The model is already in-game. He can act like Elizabeth from P4A. You don't really beat him, he's just fucking around. attacks are poking with stick, using fingers to block, karate chops while smiling, etc. Supers could be Beerus and Champa suddenly fighting each other and the enemy gets hit as an externality.
10.- Yaridobe.
Acts like a Fat Baiken with more range/power
11.- Videl w/ Goten and Trunks.
Great saiyaman shows up for supers.
12.- Broly or Turles. I could see Turles using Ki ball as a moon to turn into a Great Ape like in the movie for a level 3. However broly is fan favorite and probably is gonna be in no matter what.

honorable mention android 17 switching with 18 on the character select screen
waifu 21 playable
Bitch from Xenoverse

Can someone post the screencap of how badly Capcom shit the bed with MvC:I?

People talk about and play XIII a lot too but what do you want to know about them?

If for story reasons, just play each in sequence '98, 2002 and XII don't have story and '95 is somewhat an updated '94 that some teams have the same ending in both games but it's still regarded as a sequel doing different Team Endings Some have special team combinations like '96 and '97 with their "True Ending" with Kyo/Iori/Chizuru

About gameplay aspect, '95 is kind of an upgraded '94. Started the actual story of Orochi while the first game was more of an dream match and introduced Iori Yagami to the series along with the option to edit your team instead of playing with.

Now '96 is the big turnaround for KOF be what is like today. Rolling, new supers, air blocking gone after '98 but is still in '98, one of the most played still today, graphics and sound overhaul, new types of jump that are a staple of in the series since then, 7 to 9 new characters added remixing and making new teams including a complete revamp in Kyo, the MC, among other stuff like amping up the story with different team endings like said above and an actual "True Ending" setting up the next game.

'97 and '98 are also what you could call "same game but one is an update" if you disconsider '97 story probably the the best one and amped up from '96 now being the climax of the series. Now with two grooves: one being inspired on the first games called "Extra" with an evasion in the same place, small dashes but fast walkspeed, meter charge and being able to do supers when you have low HP. The other named "Advanced" with rolling, ability to run but slower walkspeed, stock meter that fills based on offense and defense. Both can activate a MAX mode where the character gains the ability to do more damage and other bonuses.

'99 throws a lot of stuff out of the window including characters but now has 4-character teams and a whole new story and MC, K'. This extra character is a striker that much like assists in MvC games, can be called to help with a special action. There's armor mode, a new rolling system and introduced supercancels in the series. The system was refined in 2000 which is the game that people like to play competitively in the "Striker system" since 2001 is pretty broken and crazy where everything juggles, lots of infinites and you can even choose between 1 to 4 characters actually fighting and the rest being strikers.

2002 goes back to 3-character based teams ditching the strikers and inspires its system in the old "Advanced" groove but keep stuff like supercancels. The MAX mode this time actually reduces your damage but gain the ability to cancel special moves in other special moves. Also "low HP" supers makes a comeback.

2003 and XI are again introduces a new system [spoiler]removing again MAX mode[/spoler], a new story, MCs (the infamous Ash) and its sequel refining stuff but a new chapter in the story. Instead of taking assists from MvC games, now you have tags and choosing one character of your team to be the "leader" and thus, have a stronger super available that can be cancelled into in XI. Many drastic changes on hitboxes and movement making the game more "jump friendly".

XII is the SFV of the series in more ways than one would like introduced a major graphical update.

XIII again goes back to 2002 as a base but now has a special meter for the canceling stuff. More "safe" roster and a revamp in many of the charaters. Introduced EX moves by spending a whole meter like a regular super and retains the ability to cancel supers in the strongest one of each character (NeoMax).

XIV goes 3D (2.5D), tries to blend '98, 2002 and XIII with a few new tweaks. The blowback now throws the opponent on the other side of the screen and MAX mode makes a comeback but now only gives access to EX moves. You can now cancel every super into a stronger super (1-bar can cancel onto 2 or 3-bars super. 2-bar super can be cancelled into 3-bar super)

But that's just it, it feels like every character is different rather than everyone being a model swap that deals more damage.

Let me guess. you're one of those guys who thinks Dragon Ball is to be taken seriously

Well, I knew you would post again GG-fan but besides some tournament we could play together like this 3rdStrike one next week or really big events like EVO in the second part, I don't think we should put specific game tournaments on the OP. Next thing you know there are people complaining why their Melty/Tekken/KOF tournament is not promoted or even why some RedBull SFV tournament is on the OP because a Capcom fan did it that time and you know how this would ruin a thread before even started.

By the way, I'm pretty sure there's also a Blazblue tournament going on too youtube.com/watch?v=nvCEn8Cp9IU

Oh anons, I'm sorry… She's a one trick wonder. By far the longest combo ability in the game. With meter can end any character in two stun combos. But she also has the worst normals and reversals in the game relegating her to be the worst character by far even characters like Xanadu and Sylvie can be considered viable. So you better pray to SNK give better tools in the 3.0 update and maybe toning down her stun values since simply giving her good normals would make her broken-tier with those combos and damage.

But Vanessa is always like that, or she's a broken mess like in 2000 Fun fact: Her Climax DM in XIV is her 2000's infinite and 2002 or just bad to underwhelming like in 2002UM. I think the only game she's "normal" is XI and even then with her LDM tha gives her 2002-like cancel ability.

By the way, I'm trying to learn BlazblueCF and DOA5LR. Mai, Tina and Sarah are pretty fun.

You say that like there is something wrong with Sylvie being viable.

He'll feel right at home in Monster Hunter: World™.

It's Bamco.
Of course it will have Denuvo.

How? Are the only people playing MvC a bunch of east Asians?

I bet Sylvie gives shockingly good head.

Shame there is no taunts in XIV, she would easily have the best ones if they did.

Asians and Europeans make up most of KoF's pc community
MvCI's community is almost exclusively North Americans.

I don't think there's anything shocking about that assumption.

Well than what kind of people should be on a cesspool like this?

Think ahead user and all the plauers trolled by a ribrianne reaching top 3.

But you can have that and a good character at the same time.

For those of you who haven't tried the Certain Magical Virtual-On demo, it's right here.
store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0177-CUSA10757_00-VOX2017INDEX0000

You'll need a moon PSN account, of course. Forgot if this was posted in an earlier thread since I'm a lazy fuck who only shows up once in a blue moon; didn't see a link in the top post and decided to fix that.

The reason I promoted it in the first place was because no other community does anything like this. Even SFV's invitational tournaments have a wide pool of players played FT3s or FT5s at most, as opposed to a handful of world champs playing FT10s.

It's your thread so you control the OP, and ultimately a tournament we can actually participate in should get higher billing, but given the prestige and arcade format the MTB tournament is markedly different from Some Guy's Melty bracket.

THE POWER OF LOVE WILL CONQUER ALL

I'm still on the "fuck Sylvie" side. I can tolerate her on the fact that she isn't used as much and there hasn't been too much positive consensus on her so hopefully she'll be getting the boot after the saga. I hate that SNK could have put development time into anything cooler but the way the are doing DLC with characters, I see even more holding back on wanted characters and 54 characters is a good roster size we aren't going to see from SNK again so they did a pretty good job with the roster in the first place.

Does anyone still play Street Fighter IV on PC? It's pretty cheap right now.

THICC
I
C
C

Erased from existence. :^)

How does that show hold up? I have been on a torrenting kick and downloading old shows.

Don't be so lewd on New Year's Eve user.
Sylvie isn't just as used in tournaments due to her stubby normals and not being able to pull retarded damage easily but she has nice anti airs, anywhere juggle SDM and builds meter like few in the game. But in terms of fanarts, she's on par with Luong but Alice is the most popular cosplay and those 3 are most welcome newcommers of XIV.

By the way, KOFXIV manga is out: pocket.shonenmagazine.com/episode/13932016480029241879

I remember something like that for some iteration of SFIV. But it looks like that format is not e-sports friendly for SFV.

But I'm all for promoting the event. Post videos, clips with tech or hype moments all you want.

Ribrianne should be in for the sheer amount of salt. Just make her arrows unreflectable and go through fireballs like #16's rocket arms.

Arale should be the crossover/joke character zapping people around with A-chans

Why ? Do they want to go bankrupt again just after returning?

Shouldn't be, since the mechanics resort to the processing of the collision boxes and their states / effects, however you also shouldn't be too ambitious with those projects, you should probably try and make a stickman fighter as a test.

I am afraid it's the opposite my friend.

Most characters designs are quite bland tbh so even if she seems too cringy at first, she eventually stands out in personality, also a good all around fighter so the more reasons to like her.

I hope they fix all the characters that suck in 3.0, specially Whip considering i bought the DLC for her and she just plain sucks, i just wish she had a single move worth using other than her jumping blowback and her Talon Shot command; Whip Shot is terribly slow and can be punished from 2/3rds of the screen if whiffed, same for her standing C, both can hit jumping enemies but using them as antiairs sucks because the hitbox only hits above her briefly, after that its a whiff and a face full of combo, also she doesn't have a single move below 5 frames startup and even that is only at point blank range which means you will have a hard time punishing your enemy if you can at all.

I think Duckman is still good

There's actually good fighting games that are also pretty cheap right now, so I don't see why that's a viable argument for getting it.

Wait I'm retarded, I read that as SFV.

Please reread the whole sentence.

And they won't remove it when it gets cracked the day of launch

Thanks, i am stupid

>haven't played Tekken since 3 on my modded PS1 thanks dad
Fuck you too, Harada. What a waste of bandwidth.

The Amazon series wasnt terrible. But the cartoon will always be the best.

Try getting a fitgirl repack

Cartoon series is really really good.
Old TV series is amazing, but way too short.
New TV series is really fun, especially The Terror. It's a good mix of plot, comedy and parody-edge.
Can't wait for the second season.

Most people in that conversation are just the worst but I feel bad for the rest of MvC's fans. To see their favourite game die in such a way much be hard.

Its not awful like some try and make out its just meh. If you like Street Fighter your still better off with USFIV and that already has Sakura and Sagat.

SF4 is for modding
Despite its gameplay flaws, I still like it as it's the game that I first tried to git gud in…

Say no more. The whole set has been a wonderful ride so far.

This entire round was so good Webm for Retards couldn't handle encoding it properly.

Brianne
BRIANNE
RIBRIANNE!

HNY'18 to >>>/fighters/

Is Punch Planet any good?

I paid about 8 dollars for this game and I still feel robbed. Also every attack feels like they have so shitty range

Yes they do. I played it about 5 matches yesterday and funny enough found matches faster and the quality was better than SFV. Though that might be just luck and the only characters I played against were Blanka, Sagat and Sakura(and I played Cody) so it might be people practicing those characters before S3, I dunno.

Go into arcade or training and then activate finding matches btw, don't try to find matches from the menu

What are you guys looking forward to for fighters in 2018?

BBCTB is my #1 at the moment. DBZF to a lesser extent (i'm not that big a DBZ fan anymore but it might finally get my favourite workmate into fightan' games so i'm excited for that). I want to see FEXL come out and really take off because they're pouring their everything into it and it shows. I also want to see how Capcom manages to fuck up AE because i'm sure they will and i'm sure my manager will tell me all about it while he continues to play SFV and hate it.

My Makoto figurine should be here this week. I'm going to get a few more BB shirts to fill out my collection and maybe a wall scroll or two. BBCTB Collectors Edition maybe? My BB shelf is pretty full as it is.

General improvement in my BB play. Focusing on Makoto (i've set myself a goal to find a 4k minimum combo that I can handle) while still working on my Terumi, Lambda and Ragna on the side. Trying out any new fighters as they come out to see if anything else catches my fancy. Continuing to talk about/watch/play/learn about fightan'. I'm shit at the genre but if I keep putting in the work I will eventually git gud.

FLEX and Evo Japan. Look at those numbers, goddamn.

DBFZ

Well now I have one. T-thanks I guess.

Yes there's still a very active community yet. Granted, 8/10 matches are 2k hour seth/gen players who will toy with you, but there's no lack of matches at all

DBZF and maybe BBCTB but I feel it will probably be borderline kusoge, so mostly DBZF.

I reckoned SFV wasn't as popular in Japan due to lack of an arcade version, but it has more entrants than Xrd and T7 combined. Damn shame, I thought grorious nippon was above this.

Not even my words. While the other two actually praised it for basically being the best actual fighting game ever based on Dragon Ball, they more or less unanimously agreed that they would rather have cookie-cutter characters that all worked the same.

FEXL
KoF XIV 3.0
hopefully a UNIELst PC port
SNK finally announcing their next fighter they've been working on
Blade Strangers if Nicalis doesn't fuck over Studio Saizensen
New Virtual On next month
watching capcom quietly kill off MvCI
Omen of Sorrow

get your shit together japan.

Future's so bright I gotta wear shades.

A lot of wishful thinking.

That wouldn't even kill you

Friendly reminder that Tekken never was, and never will be, good.

WEW

I'm so sorry.

The damage has been done, too lazy to fix.

Don't be, Mr. Dubs. I loved watching the Sompsons.

Mai made her debut in December 1992. About a quarter of a century ago.

good times, to think Mai' has been around for so long and i never get tired of looking at her charms, not even my waifu tbh., i guess japanese games are truly superior

Tournament sign up/practice open
but this time I didn't fuck up the quote.

IT BEGINS

Time flies, user. Nothing we can do about it.

What the hell? Garou and the Last Blade games have Steam PC ports now? Are they proper ports or just the ROM bundled with the emulated and sold "officially"?

Garou and the Last Blade are the shitty dotemu ports.
The Last Blade 2 is based off the PS4/PSV port but with the new netcode they used in the Samurai shodown V special PS4/PSV port.

Is that supposed to be good?

Yes, the netcode they used for SSVSP is good but the online is a ghost town so you might as well just play on fightcade

samsho v's netcode is unplayable on ps4

fighting layer
unist
crosstag but the leaks are really worrying, gonna be really upset if fucking rooster teeth actually stopped /our guy/ from being included

i need to learn more about scvi before i can decide whether or not to be excited about it

I don't get the message….

Here's mine~ SF4ever!
No D tonight
twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/947617338852982784
C-c-combo
twitter.com/gentle_step/status/946801652765425664

Did the dude in the leaks thread ever offer any proof he was a ASW employee? ID or something?

Nigga what, I've had perfect matches with my buddy on the opposite side of the country. The only time I've gotten bad matches were when I got pair up with japs and huelanders. Even then they were far from unplayable and nowhere near as bad as LB2 PS4 and Garou PS4's netcode.

No, nothing. His claims about roosterteeth were pretty out there anyway, I'm not buying those leaks.

If you're talking about the 4/v/ leaks, they're fake. Some guy from 4/vg/'s Blazblue general made them up to see if anyone would fall for it.
>inb4 "go back to cuckchan"

I have a couple of questions that have rattled around in my brain for a while. Since I started getting better at GGXrd I think I need to know these things do I know the answer for sure.
1. Does raising the UE settings through the config like you see in that popular Steam guide affect online matches? I modified my settings since Day 1. My PC has more than enough hardware power to compensate but I always have frame delay whenever I play online. I have to fight people with a 2 or 3 bar rating to get 4 frame drops at minimum. I've never had a seamless match. My internet connection is really good.
2. I was poking around on dustloop and saw that characters have individual stats for all kinds of things. I kind of noticed this before, like how characters have passive damage reduction like potemkin and bedman, but what about grab range? I main Jam and grabbing isn't a problem for me but it seems like other characters have better range for that. To reiterate, do characters have different grab ranges aside from what you might expect because of the size of their character models? It's already a fun challenge getting up close as Jam because she has to, but a little confirmation would help.

They are the ones I was talking about, yeah. Glad to see they're fake.

I dunno about your first issue because I've never felt the need to touch my config file. Concerning throws however, every single character has the exact same throw range, no exceptions. This only applies to regular throws of course.

It shouldn't affect that, though if you're supersampling it may add extra input lag, which would make your 4f delay match feel worse. You will always have some delay, since network interactions will always take some time to go through, even if you have low ping with the other player and both have good, wired connections. If you disable all the extra settings in the options menu (probably not something you wanna do if you're fucking with the ini but I digress) you can reduce the input lag of the game to ~1f which will make a 4f match feel only slightly worse than offline on PS4, essentially the same as arcades in japan.
Each option adds ~1f extra delay (moving from 1), so if you only turn off one or two you still will have better overall online performance without completely sacrificing the looks of the game, just remember to get everything back straight so you have the same input lag as on PS4 when you're labbing things, or add input delay using the ingame option, so that you don't mess up your timings on combos and the like.

You'll usually always have some delay. Usually you can play with 1-4 frame delay just fine, especially if you turn off v sync and effects to reduce delay. 3 frame delay with reduced input lag is pretty much like offline console/arcade.

is wrong, everyone has different air and ground throw ranges. Throws in this game are really close so it's hard to tell, but they're different. All command grabs also have different ranges. Check dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD-R2/System_Data#Throw_Ranges for more information/comparisons. The more important things to know are character weights and both wakeup times for everyone. When you learn more about the game you can learn about like backdash data and attack levels.

GG health/damage calculation is difficult. Everyone has a defense modifier, the higher the more damage you take. There's also guts which in a nutshell makes you take less damage the less hp you have.

I AM EXCITED FOR THE CONCLUSION OF THE MIKADO TENKAICHI BUDOKAI LEAGUE.

This saturday:

The week after:

The finals will take place on the 20th:
If these matches don't get your dick hard you might be a woman. They're even broadcasting earlier now (around midnight EST instead of 4:00 a.m.) so you can watch live if you want.

I will never stop shilling this event.

why do I still play this shit

???

Because you're an idiot. The only thing the game was good for was the ass they consistently censor.

anyone know what might be the cause of this?

SFV is good for Cammy, Chun Li, and Karin.

Try installing a new Visual C++ Runtime Library

Online matches are affected by you connection, your pc, your opponents connection and your opponents pc.
Just leave that shit on 5 bars only.

No idea but I had a good laugh.

Life is fun sometimes

Have some more then

Am I the only person that hates the Guilty Gear music?

Yes.

How could you hate this?

hate is a strong word

>have a massive boner for Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
>be disappointed for the lack of Sylvie porn

2018 is Samurai Shodown's 25th anniversary. Same goes for Virtua Fighter, Saturday Night Slam Masters and Eternal Champions.

But I really, really, really don't like you.

Nice, I've been playing Xrd for two years and this is the first time I've heard of differing throw ranges. Those differences seem so miniscule you'd never even notice anyway tbh

that's a really awful rendition of ryus theme

A lot of it does suck but there are some good tracks.

I heard Nicalis fucked over Yatagarasu, but what actually happened there? How come it never got those PS4/Vita/XBone ports?

Jews fucking over smaller devs for cash because the devs don't have the finances to fight back
Because porting the same 4 games over and over to every system is much more important.

You should be banned from ever being here

Oh wow, that's horrible. I guess now I know which company I should never ever trust.

Holy shit man

Where were you when universal unblockables became a system mechanic in MvCi?

The best part? Nobody gives a fuck about this because Marvel is so goddamn dead. There are a handful of twitter videos and journo articles, and that's it.

Machabo vs Ogawa soon

I actually have no idea when it's coming but this is pretty cool.

For some reason I read it as Necalli

14 words.

The preshow is going now. I believe the SF2 set is first, then GG.

t7 stories are piss poor compared to theses

SF2 going now.

Oh cool.

ST's starting now

Are you retarded?

Necalli was wasted in SFV. He was bigged up as some super big bad by Capcom. Ryu beats him by basically saying "go away" he then gets killed proper by Akuma exploding him.

It's a shame they didn't do more with his V motif or the chance to animate his hair by hand and have it actually look good.

Necalli was a wasted character every which way you look at it. He should've been a beta character that was replaced with a better selection.

Jesus Christ.

That was brutal.

How's Killer Instinct?

True. He looked awesome and at first it seemed he would play like a Wolverine "function". The it turned out he was an ass mostly charge character. Feels bad man.
Slot would have been better filled with someone like Gill.

People who play it say it's good but I cannot fathom how anyone can stand a combo system like KI's.

The PS4 controller setup is damn good though in not trying to emulate the twin sticks to any extent, making them work by giving better access to the weapons and movement options.

They're playing the GG hype reel. Get in here if you want to see Machabo vs Ogawa.

10:3 Ogawa calling it

Ogawa's been super clutch so far. He looks like a completely different player compared to his performance with Zadi; there were times in that set I could see him give up on a round.

Zato vs Ky isn't an easy matchup but Zato at least has a hope of keeping Ky out while Eddie's recharging, doing that against Raven basically requires him swooping into a drill.

Machabo's starting to look alive

Please father my children, Ogawa.

Yeah, Zadi made it look unwinnable.

His most clutch moments have come from literally playing neutral with two characters at once in a last hit situation. I can't imagine what that must do to your nerves.

MINI SHARK IN TOURNAMENT PLAY

It was really good, too. He got a combo and two mixups out of it.

O G A W A
G
A
W
A

His shadow control is so good except for all the times he tried to summon with Nobiru and got sniped At least twice that set he had Eddie sitting just outside Machabo's 2K range and just poked at him to interrupt any 2S or 2D while he repositioned Zato.

What a man.

I honestly didn't know that super even existed until I saw someone do it on the Mikado stream like two weeks ago.

I think all of Zato's supers get that reaction. The only one I knew about for a long time was the sword but he's also got that giant shark too.

The rest of the Blaz Blue Cross Tag Battle roster got leaked. It's going to be:

Hakumen
Kanji Tatsumi
Orie
Jubei
Yuuki Terumi
Teddie
Tohru Adachi
Seth
Hilda
Platinum The Trinity
Bang Shishigami
Blake Belladonna
Valkenhayn R. Hellsing
Labrys
Merkava

The hilarious thing is that, according to the leaker, Relius was planned, but was dropped due to Rooster Teeths request as they didn't want him to use his Astral Heat on their characters. Western involvement in game development was a mistake.

Oh and Rooster Teeth is asking for other changes as well, like covering up Makoto with more clothes.

web.archive.org/web/20180103023740/https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/948378440926990337

Why would you think that confirms it to be false?

Because if the leak is true which it isn't >>14082085, what's the point of denying it when it's gonna be proven true within the next few months? What do they possibly have to gain by pretending a leak is untrue?

Trying to sucker people into believing it's false to maintain some level of excitement for the game.

God dammit, I just want a real CvS3 already. I guess SvC2 would be preferable, but I doubt SNK would get a chance to develop it.

I'm looking forward to DBFZ. Never see so many friends who mostly don't care about fighting games hyped for a game of the genre before. BBTAG looks kusoge but might be the dumb kind of fun. It already have Nu, Rachel and Chie so I'm fine but might wait for a sale because I know how Blazblue games works.

I'm excited and concerned about KOFXIV 3.0 because of the changes americans and mexicans/brazilians want for the game. The first want to turn the system literally into XIII and the second into 2002 without any concern about how it'll affect the whole game and balance. Also is really nice the support and receive new characters but I still have PTSD from Oswald in XI. Really hopeful for a new Samurai Shodown. I even bought Vspecial for PS4 during the sale.

Other than that I'm curious about Virtual On and FEXL, how the community will support it or maybe or maybe how the general public will take the idea.

Now on personal stuff. I'll try to build a hitbox for myself and if everything goes well, will try to build others for a few friends who like to play on keyboard but have a hard time during our meetups where we only have consoles another reason for buying SamShoVspecial on the PS4

I guess the Makotofag is happy with the numbers Get your shit together Mr.Wizard

It's great and kind of sad that KOF is the tournament with the most foreigners. Looks like mexicans are willing to spend their livelihood to go to Japan and play some KOF in the corner of the event.

In other news, the first chapter of the KOFXIV manga was translated.

No, it sucks but like someone said there are 3 -4 good tracks, with the Dragon Install one being the best and then probably Ram's theme

It could be that people just prefer to dial their muscle memory combos as usual while on KI you have to account for prediction and change them on the fly, but also playing the break game is not for everyone because it only ads more randomness and chances for being overturned in the match. I do agree that having a chance of being "guess broken" is annoying but due to timings and manual combos you can reduce the chances a lot, form an actual 33% to about 10 or 15%.

The other aspects i really like of Killer Instinct are that the game is a bit slower than say GG or KoF, since there are more things to manage which also means you have more room to play the mindgames, another is the fact that characters are very different and play a lot differently and you can put a lot of tech into a character, also mechanically the game has a lot of stuff i consider perfect such as the way developers addressed frame timings adn animation and took human reaction speeds into account. The juggling potential is also really good to have fun since you can juggle almost freely because what dictates the lenght of a combo is the combo meter

You should pirate the steam version and give it a try if possible in fact it's on sale on steam for like $10 but the majority of the playerbase stayed on the W10 version.

I'll wait for a different release

How long do you think Revelator 2 will last before being put down in favor of a new version? Do you think it would be worth getting it now that it's 30% off in the steam sale?

I only have XRD for PS4 but would like to purchase rev2 in PC and sell the console since i only used it for 3 or 4 fighting games.

Possibilities:

So if they were going to release Rev 3 it'd be within the next 6 months based on Rev1 to Rev2 time (almost 1 year,) but if it's a full revision I'd guess at it being Q4 this year or early next year based on Sign to Revelator time (~1y6m.) At the same time, they're busy with other releases so whooooooo the fuck knows.

Hmm with that in mind i'll just avoid until next revision.

You don't know half of it. I edited that page since the release cut off Antonov Girl's hat.

Forgot to say. I want to get better at BlazblueCF and DOA so I won't embarrass myself when I play with my anime/3Dfightan friends. Also, I'm back to tournaments for KOF and 3rdStrike so I might as well want to get better at those games that I love too.

Next version will be announced/released on the second half of 2018. Their main workforce are probably busy with DBFZ until the release/this first batch of DLC. Have no idea of the name and possible updates but hope you like some clang clang.
So if you're going to play right now, I say go for it.

Makes you wonder how such scumbags can even stay in business like that.

Why would they listen to idiots like them?

Same reason NISA stays in business; they've built up a cult like fanbase that will defend them to the death and they manage to snag a bunch of high profile IPs.

I wonder which business model netted them the most shekels? If this DLC update thing fell short, I can see them go back to the previous bs.

They're bringing back Justice? Wouldn't surprise me. GG is going full retard with the Aria clones like BB with the swiss army knife chicks.

How? I can't compare them to NISA at all when all these guys seem to have done that is of any note is publish Cave Story and Binding of Isaac. I hadn't even heard of these guys until that post further up in this thread.

Have you seen how many time cave storyfags can buy the same game over and over then say "more please"?
Same with all the Edmund McMillen games. Those games are what allow them to pull their shit because no matter what they just got to shit out a new version and they make back anything they lost.

Well from what I read around, Xrd sales are pretty underwhelming on consoles since SIGN considering the investment made with the new technologies. Like every game, each sequel sold as new game/update DLC like the Revelator iterations got even less sales. On the other hand the game is fine, have a solid arcade playerbase ever since release and they got a huge deal with Bamco to make DBFZ if not for years if the game goes well so they probably already got their money back and some more. So I think they can go back to their previous model for GG without caring for the publicity if hardcore fans buy anyway. The Blazblue side is pretty cheap still with low-res 2D sprites and probably only making few actual new characters for BBTAG with a niche playerbase so they're safe on that side too.

I don't know much more than what I said before. I'm not a leaker, read the info came from the huelander dataminer but there's noise like not being clear if That Man would be playable or more story stuff and if Q3/Q4 is the date of release or when the announcement will be made but I guess that's a safe bet. Bridget and few newcomers are lock in other sources'

Reported

I'd be happier if it wasn't a typo, watching some pros play my game of choice would be a good educational experience but any BB is good BB to watch and those are good numbers.

On a different note, i've been trying out DOA5. Where has this game been all my life?
>Gameplay is fun although i'm trash at it

Mila is by far best girl (especially with her Makoto costume). I don't think this will be my main game but it's definitely going to be fun to sink some time into.

I was expecting him to absorb Dhalsim and Bison at least. Maybe give us a true final boss for the godawful story mode.

Lads, why are meleefags so dumb that they won't move over to superior Legacy XP? Are they really that manchildish over their furfag husbando, Fox?

Robo Ky?
and it would be nice to see Testament though I know it will never happen.

You know Fox is still one of if not the best in Project M right? And his easier execution means more people can play him. Melee has far more depth than PM as well. And with it being an official release, there's no chance of legal trouble with Nintendo or conflicts of interest with TOs like GIMR.

Why LXP? It was tough enough for vPM to have a scene as long as it did, dividing it even harder just for Waluigi and Shadow the Edgehog is plain stupid.

Legacy XP is not Project M though. It's different.

Characters are more balanced in LXP.

It's PM at it's base but with another balance patch.

Yes, and Fox is actually not that broken. That's why it's better.

I don't care about Fox being broken in Melee, and neither do the majority of top Melee players that don't main Fox.
Fox is busted, but tiers don't mean everything. The top player mains Jigglypuff for Christ's sake, and the gap between Fox and the rest of the cast has been shrinking in the last few years as more tech is discovered and the Fox matchup is learned.

Melee is still just a shitty party game tho. All the tech is literally based in gaps in the game's code. Project M and all the mods derived from it, however, are consistent and not glitchy pieces of garbage.

arcsys is not a large company and they're putting everything into dbz and crosstag right now and for the forseeable future. so if you're not big on the arcsys tax, rev2 is probably a really good time to get into xrd as the game is pretty well realized at this point and we have pretty much every indication that it wont be changing for a while. the biggest point of concern is whether or not the playerbase will remain stable after dbz comes out.

nicalis is like a scummy casting couch for weeb devs

today I will remind them

nigger dagger still has a belly button piercing
his wife
???

Yeah, DOA reminds me of a 3D version of the combo/counter from KI The system and freedom makes really fun for casual and competitive play. My friends who like more casual games and are more into 3D fightans like SoulCalibur, like to play DOA and except the SJW fiancée of one friend he doesn't care two shits about her complains as long as he got to play as "the motherfucking Ninja Gaiden" we all have a great time in our play sessions. Me as an old SNK fan loved how Mai was implemmented in the game but too bad she only have shitty costumes instead of stuff like doing some KOF/FF cosplay like in Maximum Impact 2. They could just tweak Pai's hair and make "Another Mai" or recycle Kasumi/Ayane black ninja ops costume for a reminiscence of Days of Memories. I know the PC has mods but no ranked, shitty release an other stuff makes me stick with the PS4 version.

Do the fuckhueg tutorial

I'm about 40% of my way through the tutorial as we speak (I drop in and out of it to go play Versus with bots). This game is great fun, I landed my first Power Blow earlier and it looked awesome. Definitely enjoying myself in DOA.

Madcatz refuses to die

archive.fo/JCdxm

Preliminary SFVAE patch notes got leaked. It's fucking nothing.

They made a charge character switch directions in the middle of a cinematic move so you couldn't charge during it.
It didn't matter that you were on the same side as you started in.
This was on purpose.
They left that there for two years.

• This is now a 2-bar V-Trigger instead of a 3-bar V-Trigger.
• Gauge depletion from every version of Fuharenkyaku has been increased.
• Her V-Trigger's active time has been extended.
So, are they trying to force people to use that garbage V-trigger 2?

anons, 2 years ago i've seen a marvel vs capcom 2 meme post that had a conversation between a guy and a girl , can't rememmber the first line but it started with "are you …" of the guy's dialogue but he said afterwards : "coz' i wanna take you for a ride ;)"

post the pic if you've got it, been looking for it for weeks

even if the game doesn't look amazing it sure does now how to get the fan service right.

It's like 20 bucks right now and it will take half a year at least for a new version to get announced, either you're poor as hell or just looking for an excuse.

I've got around 50 hours in Guilty Gear and I'm still shit. I know it takes awhile and I accept that no problem I'm still having fun. I just got BB:CF and I feel like I'm decent at that, I can usually hold my own online fairly well with a few different characters. Is BB just easier because it feels like it? How do the other ArcSys games compare? I should have bought Under Night In-Birth or Arcana Hearts I think

With Xrd being somewhat easier than older Gear and BBCF being the end of a long line of feature/character creep, both games are about even in terms of how hard they are to learn, but BB is probably still easier to pick up at first since combos in the game are more homogeneous in their structure, and it's easier to "play safe". It's decently likely you may just take more to BB's game system or something, though.

The only other game they've personally developed recently was P4A, which is kind of like if you took BB combos and pressure and had GG level damage and style of mechanics, with really solid movement. It's an easier anime game but isn't stupid easy like DFCi, and still has great depth. Other than that there is just HnK for relevant in-house ArcSys games, which is a ridiculous mess of ToD infinites and long as hell combos.

Just wait for Unist, and the current version of Arcana Heart wasn't on sale so if you want it it's still as good a purchase as it was a few days ago, the online for LM is probably close to dead, just pirate it if you wanna see if you like the mechanics. Both are fun games so I would definitely recommend trying them some time, though.

Will we ever have Mordhau for EVO? It's deeper than melee.

A straight virgin is deeper than melee.

Should I get uniel[st] this February? I'm not too big into fighters but it looks fun.

It's a good game.

Lol no it only gets worse

Why isn't Inj2 cracked yet?

coz it's so shit people don't even want to pirate it.

WHY

I wasn't expecting a miracle, but I really didn't expect her to get any worse

Is there a good video tutorial of general fighting game tactics? I barely have any idea what footsies, mix-ups etc. are.

There are several in the OP of the thread for KoF, GG, SF, and I think one or two others.

If you're looking for a universal guide I don't think you'll find one, but things like spacing and mind games can still apply depending on characters.

Well, the shitskin/nigger market doesn't really matter. pls send halp

But when will they fix her hair?

If you pick Ryu in Super Turbo go fuck yourself

This looks fun

The IA can be overwhelming at highest levels but are you using criticals to land Power Blows? Because the worst feeling in this game is getting countered when you think you're going to win

By the way can't make a new thread right now but on the other hand, Pre-Coop Cup has started. Burguer tournament is tomorrow on the other thread.

I sure am! I've found that if I can land Mila's Corkscrew Strike followed by a quick jab combo followed by Corkscrew Strike again I get Critical Burst (that's the right term?) and then I can quick charge Gatling Power Blow. It's made for some awesome comebacks. Although I don't always get lucky.

I'll do more of the tutorial today I think.

I'm honestly not sure what to think of Certain Magical Virtual-On, even after fucking with the demo as long as I have. On one hand, I'm really not liking the whole "team battle" concept; on the other, I can still drop ICBMs with my boy (female) Grys-Vok, except this time on edgelords.

I still play like shit here. I just thought the end of the match was funny.

why does fightcade/fba run like complete shit on my computer? it feels very choppy and I am having a lot of time pulling off basic chicken combo loops, but I can do them fine in MAME. I think fightcade2 runs a bit better, but it might be some kind of confirmation bias. i've tried every single blitter with effects on and off, i've tried turning off auto-frameskip, it just never feels right. I tried Alpha 2 and it feels kind of janky too, but I can't get it to run in MAME to make a direct comparison

>Y2K actually happened in the GG universe
I'm shocked, intrigued, and horribly confused by all of this. Are these the regular emotions one goes through after looking into the GG lore?

>blazblue.kumodori.com/index.html
BB's lore is good for a mindfuck too.

no, only niggers play MvC

So what the fuck is the logic behind making combos into v-trigger scale so hard that they are practically useless?

I can only hope I never care enough about BB to learn more about Hakumen than 1) he's Jin but less of a pussy 2) heroically sacrificed himself and is canonically trapped in the boundary; he just projects himself into the arena through sheer force of will.

This will get you going on footsies. It's street fighter oriented, but it has stuff that applies to anything. Don't worry about anything else until you understand the concepts here. sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
Mix-ups and big combos are going to depend on the character and the game, and they are useless if you cannot play footsies.

I got off the BB train I think after Chronophantasma or earlier, I'm not too sure about the name, so I'm not sure about many things but how does ZEA being forever trapped in the boundary and projecting explain terumi taking his armor back? Spoil all you want since I'm not going back to the other BB games.

I believe it is a different timeline.

NEW THREAD

I fucked up.
ACTUAL NEW THREAD

I fucked up.
ACTUAL NEW THREAD