Japanese infrastructure games

I've been obsessed with the following setting for a videogame and was hoping that anyone would know of such a game.
Is there any open world game set in a stereotypical Japanese town with stuff like cherry blossoms, vending machines, streets with closely-build houses, candy shops etc. which gives you the ability to just walk around and explore the town?
I think the more recent Persona games may have such features but I don't want to install an emulator and download a 2GB rom just to find out.

Other urls found in this thread:

instantstreetview.com/@34.692973,135.471765,306.02h,-5.62p,1z
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Akiba's Trip 2.

Yandere Simulator

Nip infrastructure looks completely normal. I don''t get it.

I've made this thread a bunch of times, here's what I got.

Yakuza Games, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio (and future), Yo Kai Watch, some of the YuGiOh games for PS1, a bunch of the Persona games.

Persona 5 does it but it's mostly for Tokyo so it's an incredibly urban environment, though in addition it's definitely not something that the game play revolves around, but as a "pleasing" over world to move in between points of interest with. Persona 4 is basically the same over world-wise but set in a rural Japanese town, and Persona 3 is set in a metropolitan but not Tokyo tier metropolitan. The 2 Persona 2s and Persona 1 while objectively better games are isometric though so I don't think they'd work for what you want, but maybe.

Seconding Yakuza.

1. Nagato a fucking BEST.
2. Why would you care about Japanese architecture? It’s identical no matter where in the country you go and is extremely generic.

This and Yakuza pretty much.

EDF also has some nip city levels

There's Railfan for PS3/the トレインシミュレータ series.

Everything is small and built very close together. It's kind of hard to explain so I guess this is one of those moments where people use the word "aesthetics" to describe a certain look they like but don't understand why they like it.

I kinda need to ask. Where do you life?
Besides the most modern shit, it looks absolutely different compared to eastern Europe.

do you live in a more modern city or something? I live in a historical american town so the roads go any god damn which way and nothing is organized by modern standard and a few stretches of road are still cobblestone. I think i get OPs appeal for Japanese city planning because of that, when i watch japanese media the cities always seem a lot nicer than our garbage pits like new york

I actually have wanted to play Akiba's Trip for a while now but the Piratebay doesn't seem to have it and IGG has shady links and popup ads so it's hard to navigate through that shithole. Do you know any place I could download it from?

and I fucking posted Brussels instead of eastern Europe.
Well fuck it markets look same here, but communism managed to also fuck over our living spaces for few decades.

You won't be able to live in comfortable living conditions in any capital city of a western European country.
In the capital city or any other major city of my country you could easy pay 800 euros or more for an one room apartement when that's the same price a family of parents+three children would pay for a regular house in any other part of the country.

you could be paying upwards of a thousand USD to live in a one bedroom shithole in an american major city which is absolute horseshit

I live in an Eastern European capital. I don't see anything that out of the ordinary in nip towns. My city has 3 layers, outer suburb with houses(where I live), giant blocks of concrete leftover from you know who suburbs and inner city which probably can't be differentiated from any other modern city. I guess we lack the giant skyscraper bit. But aside from those things what makes nip shit any different from any western city?

Unless you don't count Spain, Italy, Poland and Portugal as Western Europe.

Also
Cancer, literal one too.

Japanese housing is occasionally comfy, I’ll grant you that. But that’s just because they’re fucking bugpeople and they all jam together in tiny houses. The best-looking Japanese housing isn’t western-style, because the tiny size makes it look dystopian. Small Japanese style buildings work well.

The Japanese were the first casualties of modernism. Much of the pre-war Japanese aesthetic (and culture) have been purposely destroyed to make way for bland ✡modernism✡.

Enjoy your boring ass life

Gonna leave this here.

Enjoy having worse quality of life
Enjoy being mugged
Enjoy all the pollution
Enjoy all the niggers
Enjoy all the marketing and consumerism
Enjoy lack of fresh air or traditional food

lol okay citycuck.

London is a shithole, Paris is a shithole, Amsterdam is a shithole. I've been in all those three cities so those are the ones I can at least confirm myself.
Based on stories I have read online I could also assume that Stockholm isn't the greatest place to live.

all of england is a shithole, limeys surrender their land and have the Irish and Scottish split it

Looks like the kike souls UI on top of concept art for a postapocalyptic game about a spore-based virus taking over Japan. As long as it doesn’t play the way the UI implies (or use that UI), I can see it being pretty interesting, particularly the implication of the first image (that you’re in charge of reclaiming the islands from the infestation. You know, we’ll NEVER get a game about reclaiming civilization. Ever. Every game that has “take the land back” mechanics will ALWAYS revert your progress because developers are too fucking lazy to code well enough to remember the player’s decisions and progress. Imagine if Nintendo had been able to actually do what they wanted for Ocarina of Time and was able to permanently track what the player did across the whole game. Cut down a sign, it stays cut down. Footprints in the sand. All that shit they couldn’t fit on the expansion pak. Imagine the history of games if this had become the standard all the way back then. All I want to do is achieve something. I want to reclaim a whole city from a zombie infestation. Is that really too much to ask?

Worse QoL is well documented across hundreds of cities and a dozen decades. Muggings are obviously higher thanks to nonwhite concentrations. Pollution is proven to be higher. Consumerism is far higher, as fewer people are self-sufficient. You’re absolutely pathetic.

Either you never lived in a city or you're a type of person that doesn't belong here.

i'm not saying that at all, shut your dumb mouth. I'm just placing hard money many Holla Forumsirgins didn't pick where they live themselves.

what happened to that japanese GTA?

You're boring ass people. I lived in the middle of nowhere, in a small village, in a small city and a medium city and the city wins every time.

As if most of us have friends or want friends in the first place.

Who are you to say where somewhere is? What greater import is there in a nigger-riddled shithole with 80% of the population on the dole than a community of whites who produce the nation’s food?
What kind of retarded ignorant shit is this?
Gas is generally cheaper in rural areas.
Again, this is objectively proven. People are physically healthier and psychologically happier outside of cities. Keep defending your kike constructions; you’ll die a decade before I do and you’ll cry all the way there.

I do now that I live in the city, because, guess what, since you don't only live around 200 people you can actually choose people you like.
Immagine that

Anywhere with at least 100k people, fag

So living in the city is better because there are more bars to drink in?

What a fucking loser.

And where you do meet those people? Cafes and bars? Because I don't like going to those kind of places.

Cities are trash. LA's and New York's infrastructure look more dated my rural town.

I don't even live in a city and I know they have more to offer than bars. Visiting cities is fun, living in them not so much. I live in a tourist town, and thats actually a place where the only thing to do is go to a bar. 11 miles squared and like 200 bars, despite closing time being earlier than most cities

Living in a city is better because there is more stuff to do. Events, marketplaces, cool talks about tech, bars, clubs, parks, restaurants.

Just by living here, some from work (which is right next to my house), others from friends of friends. This stuff just happens randomly if you live in the city.

Christ I've even met people while buying food

God no living in a tourist city is a fucking nightmare, I completely agree with you on that

>implying that even if I don't go outside my internet is dozens of times faster then yours so being a shut in is better too

Home is where your wi-fi is. Cities are great because you live close to fast internet, work, and grocery store. I don't even drive anywhere but work and the grocery store if I can help it.

Fucking hell, the only reason I drive when I'm staying in a city is to get the hell out. Everything is in walking distance you faggot.

Okay friendo

The citycuck seemed to imply all he wants to do is drink with his friends, something you can do anywhere.

Loooks like a regular city with more the dem rascally slanty eyed demons about

It's not even that I hate bars but if you're a local you only like 3-4 of them and off-season you sure as shit won't meet new people in them, and during the season half the fucking people coming into the town are south african CUNTS. It might be my region but I don't think people actually meet new people in bars despite the meme concept of it, most folks just go with their friends and there isn't much group-to-group mingling

Where the fuck do you live?

Chulip.
I can't believe there's a handful of retards shitting up the thread about whether it's better to live in a big or small city but no one had the decency to mention Chulip.

Thank you for the recommendation. I agree that everyone went off-topic after a few posts but that seems to happen with every thread on this board.

a historic-district coastal town in new-england

Fuck off normalfag

Shenmue took place in Japan right? Or was that Hong Kong.

I ain't reading your retarded Holla Forums rant

Here's the reality of city life

It's shit user. Cities are shit. You think you'll have a good time because it looks pretty but they are pure shit. Don't even bother. Just go to visit sometimes and enjoy the architecture

Tired of this shit.

I live very well on 600 euros a month.
Just don't fucking live in a city that 20 million people.

wut

You aren't even alive, let alone a man.

Value freedom over accessibility.

mfw this nigger doesn't know what adventuring is
mfw the few people I know want to spend time with me because I'm interesting, not because I have the latest doodad
mfw petrol is cheap as fuck

I'm sure I could take on a pussy that needs to flex on a vietnamese anime forum
When's the last time you left your room?

Holy shit, you don't have to like living in a city to enjoy an urban setting, you don't have to enjoy living in the country to enjoy a rular setting why are you niggers so fucking autistic about where you live? Both cities and the countryside have their pros and cons I live in the country and although I enjoy the fact that it's a calmer and more healthy environment, I kind of wish I was living in the city so that I could join a board game club, meet people who are into board games, get into /tg/ as well as enjoy the historical architecture of the city as well as having access to shops where I can buy products of higher quality like teashops and stuff like that. Why do you fuckers have such retarded black and white way of seeing things?

No dog, it's just you.

Laughter.

56% non-hispanic whites in the US mean 190,000,000 (190M) european whites. That's higher than the total population of your European country.

Lame D/C tho.

Don't be too hard on them, user. They're just autistic

But on the other hand those are a lot of spics and niggers.
This ain't Holla Forums friend, I can talk shit about america all i want.

It's not like this stops you from posting games.
It's just that all the games that fit OP's request have been mentioned in the first 10 posts.

Because cities are romanticized in media. People take the bait and find out how shitty they actually are.

At the end of the way you have to make a decision. Is X thing inherently good for people or bad for people.

It's called making value judgements. It's something healthy men are supposed to be able to do to make good choices that ensure their survival. It's not all "relative" maaaaan.

Why do you think people argue? It's not just to dominate other people with words. It's to compare ideas and get closer to the truth.

Just because I hang out here doesn't mean that I have to act like you faggots. I'll act however I want. Keep sniveling.

Shenmue and Yakuza.

Natsuiro High School
apologies for the quality, fucking file size limit

Nigga you called me fat, it's not like you made a complex argument
You're a fucking retard

Literally how I feel about suburbs.

I cant even imagine how you feel.

Defend what? I'm a bunch of letters on a screen and so are you.Nobody gives a shit if you are fucking Hercules, here you are equally worthless.
Faggot.

Can't you organize something over the internet then and take a vacation to the city for these things?
Because on the topic of living condition it's one or the other unless you have the money and time management which I extremely doubt everyone here has, visiting cities is fine and can be even be a lot of fucking fun seeing shops like in Little Tokyo or Video Games New York but living in them is an entirely different story.

Man, this place really went to shit when 4cucks started swarming here.

Pretty good for not living in America, having to deal with ex slaves revolting, people shooting me for no reason, having to drive 4 hours to get anywhere, hiptsters, SJWs, a fucked economy and a country controlled by you know who.

But hey that's just me. At least you can own guns.

I already knew about the game and really wanted to play it but there doesn't seem to be an English transalation (yet).
Which is fucking sad since it seems to be the closest to my idea of what such a game would be like.

It's all seamless too. You can go from the classroom all the way to the beach with no loading screens.
just learn Japanese

Hi Holla Forums. Still mad bernout wasn't able to create his food lines?

This would look like it would be fun if it weren't so horribly low budget and cheap

Even if I did, there doesn't seem to be a good site where I can easily download a ps3 rom of it. I wouldn't even mind playing the game without knowing Nip if there was just an easy way to get it.

meant for

What

Oh sorry when I said you know who I meant the jews

Oh

Still a hell of a lot more fun than most AAA games.

Yeah, you get to have your former colonial subjects doing the same.
Like in Paris and Berlin with all those massacres with guns and trucks.

t. wikipedia

Yeah post what country you are from. I'm sure to laugh even harder.

I actually live in scotland at the moment, but use money from my european bank account to pay the bills

I wonder if that's supposed to be a meme edit or not.

I live in the city and I'd love to fuck off to some where a few clicks out of town. It's nice to be around big cities but living in them is shit.

It's the Dark Souls of chinese VNs

It's 10 lines of greentext, what are you, a fucking mongrel?

I'm actually really disappointed.

single handedly outclasses every le56%/int/approved forced meme

That's because pantsu photography isn't really a part of the game. Dunno why they marketed it so much.

But there's no time

Reminder that the “amerimutt” concept is the product of the paid shills from a multi-million dollar thinktank and was expressly designed as a cultural divide and conquer tactic. Report it every time you see it.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean I was hoping it would be more like that webm, and be focused on exploring a comfy, idealized Nipland, not just a VN in 3D. If anything, the pantsu hunting takes it farther from what I wanted, not closer.

Have you ever read classical literature user? Especially literature coming from Poland, countryside was romanticized to hell and back. It just became boring after a while and people moved to the urban setting. And people usually pick cities in their works because they usually have far more interesting architecture don't you fucking dare to tell me that rural churches and houses can even compete with cathedrals and some of the grander buildings of the city
First of all, that doesn't matter in the case of fiction, fiction is not inherently about conveying a message. If there is a message it should be conveyed by a good story and writing, story shouldn't be an excuse for a message. 1984, Brother's Karamazov, Crime and Punishment were not great books because they had a great meaning, that was only a part of that, they were great books because the meaning was conveyed in an equally amazing way. Not only that but not all fiction should convey a message, entertainment is equally as important as art and people would not be able to live without it.
Second of all, because of that, talking about what is surperior, rural areas or city areas in a thread that talks about good city settings in games is a discussion that is unnecessary and derailing. A discussion about what are the best city areas in video games, or even comparing different city areas in video games or even comparing them to real life cities is not unnecessary and derailing in such kinds of threads.

I want to really get into /tg/ stuff, I want to run RPG campaigns with people that will tell long stories, play strategy games and realyl git gud at them as well as generally make friendships with people who are autistically into that sort of stuff and driving such long distances often requires a lot of energy as well as just being generally tiring especially for me who has motion sickness and quite expensive if you take in the gas costs.

top fucking wew lad

Yo Kai Watch and LBX came to mind for some reason (besides the obvious Yakuza, Shenmue, and Persona). They're for 3DS so they don't have the best graphics, but they probably emulate fine on Citra.

Well that video cuts out most of the traveling and is just showing cutscenes.

eh?

I'm really liking those bike sounds.

Natsuiro gets really boring really fast, so I think the comparison is appropriate.

By all means please drop any recommendations.

I don't really feel like picking apart your argument, we're mostly on the same page anyway. Staying on topic is almost irrelevant though in a thread that is essentially "Hey guys, recommend me a game with hats in it!"

The depth was never in the topic of the thread itself so depth ends up being derived from the general subject matter.

It's clean.

Wheredoyouthinkweare.webm

I'll recommend some good literature from Poland not always connected to the motive of rural towns but rather a good list what I think is worth reading:
It's a grotesque novel poking fun at some of Polish stereotypes but mostly being about how humans are merely what they show to others and that everyone is trying to play a role which they at one hand are prisoners of but on the other hand need to communicate with others.
My favourite Polish novel, a positivist Polish novel basically deconstructing the ideas of positivism in Poland, criticising Polish society as well as being the first book warning us about the dangers of 3dpd, a really great read.
An amazing grotesque drama about a family which symbolises society. It talks about how the culture has degenerated and the problem of power.
>An obvious one that you've probably already read but Heart of Darkness- Joseph Conrad Yup the guy was of Polish nationality but wrote in English
I don't think I have to explain this one
It's a great drama but can only be understood by someone who has knowledge about Polish history and culture.
A novel about a young man from Russia of Polish descent, traveling to Poland after the revolution, hearing about how great of a place it is from his father and suffering the dissapointment when reality hits him.
>A world apart by (((Gustaw Herling-Grudziński)))
The guy was a polonized jew and the book is about the time where he was confined to a gulag. If you don't mind the fact that he was Jewish and I know that many people here do which is why I'm mentioning that then it's a great read.

Also if you want something that is mostly about the country here is this:
>The peasants- Władysław Reymont Personally I fucking hate this book
>Mr. Tadeusz- Adam Mickiewicz once again, an understanding of Polish culture and history is basically required

It's the little things.

My Internet has been utter dogshit since I moved to the city. It was slower in the countryside but at least it worked, here it's slightly faster but on some days/months the modem has 1000+ resyncs/day.
Also the air quality is fucking atrocious with all the trash and niggers/muds/parakeets everywhere, in the country they were much smaller in number and scattered by the bi-weekly thunderstorm+comfy power outage but here they just pile up everywhere making everything reek of cancer and shit, cigarette smoke is noticeable for 5+ minutes whereas in the country it'd dissipate in 30-60 seconds 15-20 at lesser-populated parts of Lake Constance during summer max.

How come games like this exist but all the 3DS Pokemon games look and play like total shit?

That's because Game Freak doesn't give a fuck and people just buy their games

Mostly urbanites like yourself who eat estrogen filled shit and are pumped full of marketing poison.

But they don't, Sun was fun and had good waifus

Nowhere is safe

nigga u mad salty

Here you go OP. An hour and 10 minutes of Tokyo in 1990.

lel 2 u

It's so satisfying to look at.

Thanks.

Here's a video illustrating the horrors of city life to illustrate my earlier points.

Japan is mostly spotless.
It's what comes from having a civilised homogenous country. Clear out all your darkies and you'll have a nice country again too.
Take a look at photos of the US from 1920, it is pretty clean looking too.
Then look at Detroit.

this
pic 2 inspired Tolkien's Rivendell

"The career of Nicodemus Dyzma", the movie is top-tier as well.
Churchill's biography before he even became relevant
"Crows and Ravens will peck us to pieces" (rozdziobią nas kruki i wrony) by Stefan żeromski
Year 3333 is great if you manage to find a translation.

Jej, kumie; to była książka o tym, że jak jesteś beta frajerem, to Cię będą doić do zera. Sam się wokulski zrobił w bambuko a to, że że Izabela Łęcka była kurwą, to natura

pottery.

Switzerland still looks like the third photograph.
It really is a beautiful country.
My arrival there was spoiled by a negress that stole from my just outside the airport. Despite that, the impression of the rest of the country was good.
They should really expel the impurities.

they should just fucking shoot them like the animals they are.
Democratic consensus can be reached on the matter and it's not like they have gun problems.

No i czym się to różni od tego co powiedziałem? Jak mówiłem, książka ostrzegająca od zagrożeń 3dpd.

lol

So unless it’s “muh kike hive” it’s “nowhere.” Enjoy being raped to death by niggers.

Yeah, that’s super easy, right? lol, like, just avoid it goyim; you can totally do that. Dipshit.
Learn English, nonwhite.
Projection.
My worldview is fact, whatever that implies. Yours is “HURR DURR CITIES ARE GOOD BECAUSE MR. SHEKELSTEIN TOLD ME SO” and is objectively false.
You really know fuck all, huh?

7th Dragon 2020 doesn't have a "stereotypical Japanese town" but instead plays with that theme by warping the japanese cityscape into a series of dungeons, bringing a whole new meaning to meaning to the phrase "concrete jungle"
some of the best graphics I've seen on the PSP

It is amazing how quickly a place can be brought down by even a small number of detritus.
Somehow, the invaders manage to find even small, remote towns, and they choose to infect it.
Then they do the same as they do everywhere else, hang out on streets like they would every day in africa, don't work, steal, take and spread drugs and violence.

Nope, banned in Yurop

Not an argument urbanite scum

the gameplay in the pokemon series is far better than the first yokai watch
I don't know about little battlers or the other YW games

Hiking, biking, dirtbiking/ATVs, horseback riding, camping, kayaking, snowboarding, shooting, rock climbing, etc. are all things that you have to leave the city to do, whereas rural life allows you to do all this shit in your own backyard. But of course a fat stupid nigger like you thinks that the only thing one can do in a small town is drink at a bar.

I was with you until you actually pretended the EU isn't entirely run by globalist kikes.

We should go back to the city and do those things anyway I say.

Really pops my top.

Stop trying to sell them on country life. Don't need a fucking tourism board.

OP, have you tried Google streetview? For me it's about as vidya as walking sims go.

Blue Reflection and especially Tokyo Xanadu eX+, both on PC by the way.

Are you a weeb by any chance?

the retard is you, user.

Are you absolutely, literally brain-dead pants on head retarded?

Attack of the Friday Monsters on 3ds is awesome.

I do like the scenery in this webM game. Someone needs to fix the upperbody being stiff for animation though. I just drove very fast in my racing game, yet this video puts you in a state of dream land, fitting since some place at that beach was called ドリム dream.
This is how I imagine a successful, slow pokemon game would have been like had it gone n64. What I would do to bike around a hilly town by the beach, hunt pokemon in the outskirts, shop in buildings, take scenery in, local events, etc.

Now that is amazing. Sudden urge to spend a thousand and see the mountainous lands that my ancestors lived in.
t. burger

WOW
The amount of people closely walking is amazing. Its so quiet. 1990 must have been insanely tourist-foreign worker free. The order is unfathomable, unattainable in the West. Everyone in the city there has something important to do which will help the whole country and themselves.

This was before the economic bubble bursting and the lost decade.

I saw this in a video here a month or two ago. ITS the same group probably! Someone remind me again why they do this, I'm sure they are helping remind fellow nips to stay strong.

Someone watch that part.

Probably a political party.

Its Nip political tradition, they drive around in little vans delivering speeches. I hear that it doesn't have any real impact but its considered a must do.

Not all western cities are like a Soviet planned city

It's Japanese therefore its better! Duh.

I don't live in China, but that's much real there. The worst of both worlds.

The PSP original should be on Emuparadise but it's Japanese-only. No idea where to download the PC version of AT2 but it's a triviality for PS3 and Vita. Also, while 2 is one of my favourite games, expect at least some disappointment in what could've been. Also unfortunately, the only part of that game, as you'd expect from the title, is Akihabara. No comfy outskirts scenery and other stuff. For that you're probably better off watching anime or seeing random /a/nons photographs from their travel there.

Also holy shit this poor thread.

I do use Ublock you fucking nigger but half of the site is popup ads so keeping it on just gives me a blank page. It is only when I turn it off that I get that result.

Way of the Samurai series.
Though it's kinda outdated.

By the way, does anyone a good site for downloading 3DS roms?

*anyone know

nicoblog
doesn't have a good selection of undubs though
also if you actually have a 3ds you can literally download them off nintendo's servers for free

Thank you very much and I don't own one.

Make sure you have good AV. I've run into some really questionable shit there. Their barrier of entry seems lower than the share thread regular sites.

Is Akiba's Beat any good?

Not exactly what you were asking for but I know of the Boku no Natsuyasumi series, life sims where you play as a Japanese boy enjoying his summer vacation in the countryside.

get well soon Nobel

Our governments deliberately target small conservative towns for their subsidized shitskin housing projects.

That actually looks pretty fun, will check it out.

Not at all, completely different game from Akiba's Trip. Ripped off the combat from Tales series and somehow made it clunkier, boring characters, reskinned enemies. They also took away the cute shopkeeper NPC now there's just an empty shopping list display. absolutely terrible.

Nip towns (especially small ones) have a very specific feel to hem

Elona thread when? I started a new character earlier in December but got burnt out pretty quickly.

Obligatory

Well shit. I just bought the game at gamestop yesterday because i had 3 coupons that expired tonight and I couldn't find any other game that i wanted that was in stock at that location. I've heard great things of Akiba's Trip but nothing of Akiba's Beat so i figured it would still likely be pretty good. At least I didn't pay much for it.

only bad thing about those is lack of good internet and good speeds. you dont really exist for companies with optical connection in those cases

You are all normalfags and I want you to get off my board by the 2nd of january, 2018

That deserves expanding on. Because the original had the hilarious concept of stripping people to kill them/make them run away, and the weapons are all manner of otaku junk like wood swords, computer keyboards, maid platters, etc. It's just a silly game.

Did they at least keep character customization? Because AT:UU had some nice outfits to buy/steal, and cameo characters like Dejiko and Sonico. Best part for me was the ability to change your character's animation to different characters, plus a bunch of silly ones. Sonico + cheerful walk = BOUNCE.

I'd be hesitant at calling AT:UU a great game. But it's at least an interesting one and one I'm super fond of.

What kind of retarded dice are these?

I cant do anything but go to the movies in the city, I have to go out into the mountains to do anything fun
if I lived in the mountains in the first place I would have much more things I could do without travelling a great distance then otherwise

I gotta agree with the user. Maybe if you're from Western Europe or from a place like the states there's benefits in living in a village or a small town but out in the Balkans you're asking for pain if you just want to live in those kind of places. They're only getting better now.

And even then, I want a place to be anonymous. Living in a small town or village means I have to socialize. And maybe to you fuckers that browse this place that's viable but I'm antisocial as fuck and simply want to walk around in peace. I'd rather have very few friends but have those friends not be potential backstabbing assholes which I assure you, in the villages and small towns there's plenty of.

Are you one of those faggots who claims to have social anxiety while going to parties every week?

Just because I hate socializing doesn't mean I can live without it. I just can't most people but that doesn't mean that I don't want to socialize user!

I've gone to a few in my life and generally did not have any fun. I've mostly spent my free time just exploring my country's capital since there's a lot of interesting shit to find.

Isn't traditional japanese infrastructure about making castles out of origami and the like?

I was pretty heavy into Elona last year, but my HDD took a shit and I forgot to recover the save. I wish elona was open-source, because it's an open-ended roguelike and it would easily lend itself to having a sweet modding community. Who even works on Elona+ nowadays?

While we're on the topic, why are american towns such shit? They're mostly asphalt wastelands with few sidewalks outside of downtown. Even in areas without niggers, the locals still seem to love filling their towns with huge parking lots and big box stores

Also video related: The different movement items. Some are pretty standard but then you get the epitome of adorable (2:50) and amusing ones like the drunk mode (6:30) and mime mode (8:35).

The amount of rolls and how many sides the dice have.
If you have 4d5, then you get a minimum value of 4, max of 20, and 625 possible rolls which include overlapping results. You're very likely to get average and consistent results.
If you have 1d17, the min 1, max 17, and 17 possible rolls. You have more chances for the extreme values and is more random.

Elona is somewhat bad with randomly generated loot, but it gets sorta better as your level goes up.

You can decompile it. It's how Annabanana modded the game for the QoL features. The instructions to fix the decompile are in the wiki forums.

Why not see a real thing instead?
instantstreetview.com/@34.692973,135.471765,306.02h,-5.62p,1z

The both books about rural living in the countryside were written using rose-colored glasses. I don't recommend either one.
t. a farmer from Poland

Because the people who build them are 56% white.

I'm pretty sure he was aware how dice nomenclature works, and his bafflement was at the oddball dice sizes such as 17. These are caused because Elona calculates die sizes and rolls according to stats and skill levels.
For example for offensive spells the number of dice for damage is determined by the spell level and the size of the die by your magic stat (or was it the other way around?), so lategame it's commonplace to have something like 23d47 for something like bolt spells. I personally like them because you can get a rough idea of what the mean damage is going to be and how randomly up or down it's going to deviate from it.

I hate how people outside our shit countries don't understand how things really are.

The abbreviation for stones was "st" last time i checked. I've never found anywhere what "s" stands for in game or in the wiki, so I went with the unit that makes more sense. Then again hardly anything in elona makes sense, starting with your character weight being the only thing in the game measured in kilograms.