I'm gonna buy a PSP

Thinking of getting a PSP for handheld gaming, easy jailbreaking, jrpgs and retro titles. I originally wanted a Vita but I realized other than 3 or 4 vita titles all my main games would be PSP/PS1/SNES games, so it's simpler and cheaper to just buy a PSP instead.

What should I expect?
Here is a list of games I think I'd like, can anyone suggest more like them? action games or rpgs or even platformers….

Ys, 1,2, Seven
FF 3 & 4 & 9
Crisis Core FF7
Dissidia_012_-_Duodecim_Final_Fantasy
God of War
God Eater Burst
Ratchet & Clank
Daxter
Lunar Harmony
Tactics Ogre
Castlevania SOTN
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins
Killzone Liberation
Suikoden 2
Breath of Fire 3
Persona 3

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2016/07/31/henkaku-risk-ban/
ppsspp.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SNES emulation on PSP is shit. Turn back.

Buy two, for stereovision.

And yet it's still better than O3DS. Still fucking mad.

how so? laggy or incompatible games?
snes would be nice but im mainly looking at psp/psx titles.

How is the N64 emulator?

nah, get a Vita
You get perfect PSP emulation and decent native emulation with retroarch, and you get the Vita freeshop

Don't do it, it'll consume you

Monster Hunter
FF1/2 remakes
Star Ocean 1/2
DJMax if you like music games

There's a 50/50 chance the SNES emulator will crash when you try to boot up a game in the first place. Once you actually get it to work, there will be a varying level of glitchiness and lag depending on the game. Plus it's unstable and can crash at any time.

N64 is just a curiosity mainly. Even in a best case scenario (when you configure it correctly), it has performance issues. Some games (goldeneye comes to mind) are so bad they're unplayable. But hey, it's decent enough that I played through all of Super Mayrio 64 one time on it.

PS1 emulation is basically perfect, probably due to the fact that the emulator was coded by Sony themselves.

ehh that's fine I guess. As long as PS1/PSP games run good

The Vita screen is so much better though. Plus the other stick is really helpful.

its perfect because the hardware is almost the exact same with just a few discrepancies that affect some games like valkyrie profile.

ya vita is nice too and the freeshop is convenient.
If I download a ton of games of the freeshop and then end up getting banned, I"ll still be able to play those games offline right?
not sure how sony vita bans work

you shouldn't have to worry about that, you don't even have to be signed in to use the freeshop to begin with so I don't know how they'd ever ban you
t. guy who got a preowned Vita and never bothered to delete the old guy's shit
I got a free memory card too, so that's nice

wow
didn't know that
so even if i did get banned it wouldn't make a difference, i could still play my vita games? i just couldn't sign into psn?

Good luck finding batteries for it.

You should still be able to play them, yeah.
wololo.net/2016/07/31/henkaku-risk-ban/
There's a tiny risk of being banned, but if you're paranoid you can just sign out whenever you're worried

get patapon

gonna go get it now boys
do I need any accessories for it? just usb to hook up to comp, and a SD adaptor and sd card?

Get a Vita.

name some games that are good?
only ones that catch my interest are odin sphere, dragon crown and gravity rush and maybe Super Stardust Delta

uhh OP here
I just read that the PSP screen is 14% smaller than the 3DS XL, which i have already…don't think I'll get it now, I was hoping the screen would be bigger tbh

hmmm maybe I'll just jailbreak my 3ds or get a vita … ?

we know.

oh forgot we have ids on this version of 4chan

not even good bait, fag.

back to cuckchan with you

you're not much better faggot, redditors and goons love that shit

But you do love spaghetti don't you faggot?

maybe you should buy a gun and shoot yourself

Go for it, OP. The PSP is home to the best console RPG there is.

There's an ongoing Vita thread, OP has the game recommendation list, to be taken with salt though. Also be wary that some online games won't work on hackable systems due to updates pushing a higher firmware on you.

The 3DS XL screen is the same crap resolution as the smaller one, and also I don't know how PSP screens are but 3DS ones are generally TN, IPS if you're lucky. Nothing touches first-gen Vita OLED though.

why not just emulate a PSP on another device?
ppsspp.org/

Isn't it just a tweaked version of that Connectix emulator that Sony bought out because they couldn't legally shut them down?

Whatever it is it's grossly overrated. Not bad though and portable Diablo and Future Cop is wonderful.

There's something to be said for authenticity, but also PSP and PSVita are built for playing games on compared to most mobile emulators.

like what device?

A psp :^)

How about an Xbox One?

i already have a pc
i want a good handheld i can take to work/school

Just emulate it,you can get a ds lite with a flashcard and it has more games than what the psp would deliver you.

no

ehh I'm gonna sleep on it, not sure between PSP or VITA tbh

instead of buying some frivolus toy you should BUY THAT FUCKING DIP YOU FAGGOT

It's better to go for a N3DS and one of the flash cards with ntrboot so you can easily jailbreak it. They're truly versatile when hacked. But PSP and Vita are both good options too for PS1 stuff, and their games will appeal to some even if it's not as varied as the Nintendo systems.

I'd recommend first-gen Vita for OLED alone but you'd have to find one at or below 3.60 to get real PSP and PS1 support, and an SD card adapter since the official ones are flaming garbage. Unfortunately RetroArch is your only option for other systems and it's varying in quality. Better than the offerings on PSP though.

I guess it's a tough choice if you're destitute.