Good game devs

Are all good games just flukes?
Is there a single game developer/studio that consistently makes good games?

I don't think you are ready to have a constructive discussion about how games are made

yes you fucking idiot average wouldn't be an insult if everything was great all the time

This is so subjective it's hard for me to put into words, but to put it in few words: there is no formula to making good entertainment, your music/movie/video game either attracts people or it doesn't. The best way to making something other people find fun is to make something you personally find fun. If you're doing video games just to sell copies you will end up with trash that might fail.

Or just pump millions into marketing to make idiots believe they are cool for playing video games, being nerds etc.

the latter is what works and is a good money making formula, nobody calls them out on it in significant way and people still buy these games by the millions

Creators can never be at their peak all the time. It's literally not possible due to the way games are compared to others in the series. For instance, nier automata is alright on its own but it's kind of a disgrace compared to what came before.

WRONG

Why is her dress an Indian flag?

No game is perfect, but it shouldn't be rushed or effortless either.

Westwood Studios

Yes.

when you consider the amount of things that can destroy a project and how difficult it is to coordinate a group of people, even skilled ones around a single idea see: anton & coolpecker, pretty much any Holla Forums project ever the fact that any product ever escapes development hell is pretty amazing but it isn't luck or at the very least it has more to do with the lack of bad luck than then presence of good luck

frenchbread, cave before they went bankrupt
did treasure ever make a bad game?

haven't played o'tomato yet but people seemed to really like it, how do you feel that it falls short of nier/drakengard?

Are all good threads just flukes?
Is there a single poster that consistently makes good games?

Any good dev team out there has been bought out by zenimax/ea and executive meddling means that anything they do work on will come out as trash.
Those that resist being bought out get relegated to near bankruptcy (see human head / oddworld)inhabitants making shovelware just to survive

Well then, Mr CIA, would you kindly share the formula with us?

why you gotta hurt me user?

Games I've worked on can be found on some of the Holla Forums top games lists. I didn't put them there. I've never advertised the games nor mentioned them on Holla Forums. I do not think that is a fluke. The people who make good games have spent a considerable amount of time playing games, discussing what constitutes a good game, and will try to understand what their target audience wants. That said, many large studios today are literally full of faggots who hate the people who buy their games. They don't pass around threads from here, but they often pass around links from other sites and make fun of and shit on all their fans.

There used to be, but they usually catered to a small niche that gradually died out until they sold out to EA or Activision.

From all the post mortems and interviews it really seems like an accident anything quality ends up at the end of development.

Bethesda

thanks for the heads up captain obvious

I'll throw out something some of you anons might find interesting. Look at how LGBT characters have been forced into games along with various love scenes and dialog to compliment them. The people who push for those to be included are not doing it because they are passionate about it. They just want to make people angry about it. In fact, they will force some of the straight employees to work on those scenes just to fuck with them too. Faggots are horrible people.

Just like this torfag, they'll never stop sucking dick.

Well there is obsidian entertainment and larian studios they make some of the best role playing games.

Bethesda®, their games are so great I buy a new copy of Skyrim™ every few months.

Depends on what you mean by a "fluke." id Software offices pre-Quake was described as having the vibrant energy of a bunch of friends at a slumber party or a camping trip. Then Romero got rich and everyone realized he was a faggot, and such was the milk soured. There's usually an identifiable and definite reason that a masterpiece game was so good, as long as it's well-documented enough.

Dev teams make good games when they're given creative freedom and are tight knit. Corporate board rooms and bureaucracies never make memorable games.

Here you go, OP
this wasn't finished but there was a thread on november

INTO
THE
TRASH
IT
GOES

The E3 showing of NuDoom was shit, but the actual game was halfway decent at least. Also,
Was that montage at the end supposed to be of good games? Because Doom 3 is not one of them.

There's only 2 people who's proven themselves to be good.
Tim Cain and Chris Avellone.
Sawyer could fuck off and is pretty much the reason for the controversy spiraling out of control in the first place when he could've just stood his ground and let a backer keep his shit.

Tell us about the games

I still think adding in the kike corner was a mistake

Shigeru Miyamoto
Hidetaka Miyazaki
Hideki Kamiya
Hideo Kojima
Taro Yoko
John Carmack
Todd Howard

NuDoom was okay, but you had to deliberately ignore a lot of game mechanics, namely the glory kills. I also hate most of the monster designs, I really preferred the more traditional designs which were juxtaposed by the cyber-monsters in classic Doom.
I always imagined there was an old guard of demons with the Archviles and Hell Barons on top followed by the Knights, Cacodemons, Pain Elementals, serf Imps, and pinky Demons which were really just animals, who were at odds with the new guard of arachnotrons, revenants and the Spider Mastermind who managed to corrupt the old lord of Hell and turn him into the Cyberdemon.

Even when the devs are good, the publishers will fuck up the game anyway. Sanic Mania was inarguable proof, an entire team of literal Sanic obsessed autists made a labor of love to the series and Sega still managed to fuck everything up with their Denuvo garbage. Imagine all the games that could have been fun until kike publishers stepped in to change shit and make the game more (((marketable))).

Denuvo was cracked in less then a day. The game is fun, the only thing Sega fucked was their sales numbers.

Rockstar Games besides GTA V.

This

Well it's handy in the case of ArcSys. They make good shit but they're undeniably jew as fuck with how they keep delaying releases and charging money for system/game updates. Not to mention they charge 8 to 9 bucks for one character,

No it's not.

Yes it is.

Running With Scissors.
They admitted that one of their own games was shit (Postal 3).
Name me one company that does that.

Nope.

Denuvo literally fucks modding capabilities for people that don't remove it, ie normalfaggot modders. People were ecstatic for a new engine to fuck with, Sega fucked the pooch.

Sonic Mania stores most of it's data outside of the main executable so Denuvo doesn't stop modding either.

"Rockstar Games besides the GTA series" is more accurate

what's the formula nigger

Peter Molyneux spent ages scamming people with his "the last game was shit, but the next one is going to be everything that I promised for the last one". Worked over and over again.