Litmus Test Games/Game Devs

What games and/or game devs do you think are good Litmus Tests against posers, soy boys and newfags?

My current selection is Cuphead and Yoko Taro. Not a single one of the above can appreciate either, instead saying its too hard, "problematic" or say "wuz never gud" to fit in.
The antithesis to this would probably be Kojima.

I don't care about Yoko Taro because """spectacle fighters""" are a shitty genre

I might vote for Contra 3, or just in general contra games other than the first contra game.

Speaking of Yoko Taro, Drakengard 1's voice acting is kind of garbage.

It's also a non-existent genre because it's a stupid fucking term

has to beat at least 3 real roguelikes to be on my level of elitism

t. roguelike man

How about you get to know a person instead of putting games on a pedestal and being an autsitic nigger? Check my dubs too.

They need to be worth getting to know first tbh

soyboy detected

See? What'd I say? Works like a charm

Definitely wouldn't want to know you.

Still, considering when it came out that's not a big deal. It had its moments, too. Angelus was pretty good.

cubhead is just a boss memorization test.

any idiot can remember a set of boss moves over time.Even DSPs dumb ass beat the game.

Yeah but it requires effort to get any enjoyment out of it and that's to much for most game journos. Unlike a game like Dark Souls that ramps up the difficulty over time, Cuphead requires serious effort right up front. So you can't enjoy it for even two hours without trying. That's to much for most game journos.

This thread is a good litmus test for telling OP is an underage faggot. Go cry for a safe space more.

cuckhead isn't that hard, OP is a poser himself

LALALALA THE WATCHERS

Anyone who thinks they know shit about AI and level design in first-person shooters without mentioning Descent are posers in my eyes.

None, because even among otherwise decent people everyone will still have a few guilty or irrational hates. In order to judge someone's gaming taste and merit you need a lot more than a litmus test.

What a bunch of shit.

this tbh
it's oldfag signalling probably

I'd get some hype for Overload once it gets out of Early Access, as it's bound to be the best first-person shooter we're going to get in years based on from what I've played. It's made by the actual original developers of Descent unlike with Descent: Underground and the levels are actually handcrafted in the same style as Descent 1+2 rather than roguelite bullshit or the too open spaces of Descent 3. The new enemy types are pretty great and backed by good AI as each enemy type also has a Super variant, and some of the new weapons are interesting to fuck around with. Matcens are actually destructible or protected by a shield generator you must destroy elsewhere, which beats the originals' implementation of killing matcen spawns until it's safe or avoiding matcen rooms entirely. You can also ram into robots to stun them, and use your headlights to trigger enemies FEAR-style.

There are a few, but seriously, I doubt most of the people here have even played them. Oh wait.

You failed your own test lad.

I'm gonna add this to the list because I can only post 4 pictures at a time and you're the only one that posted anything good.

That's why he immediatly made caim a mute.

You can post up to five, user.
Why Castlevania chronicles in particular? I haven't played it.

Define real roguelike.

Weird, last time I tried to post 5 it deleted one of the other pictures. Why CC? Well the original game was a ground-up remake based on the first Castlevania game but specifically made for the Sharp X68000 and its capabilities. When I first played it I didn't have a Sharp X68000 but CC takes the original version (albiet emulated on the PSX) but also gives you the option to play an arranged mode with all new sprites, music, effects, sound, etc. It also has the option to choose different different sound modules (which you would have had to buy if you had to actual X68 computer). In short, it's the best old school style Castlevania that you can get you hands on.

Sounds cool, will give a shot.
Could you tell me more about the SNES shadowrun? I've only played the modern ones by Hairbrained and they were alright. Charisma broke the fuck out of the game and the combat is mediocre but otherwise it was kind of solid

Also sounds cool. I think I played a very early demo at some point and it wasn't half bad truth be told.
Do you happen to know if Descent 1&2 work on a modern PC or not?

Do you mean the SNES or the Genesis one? The Genesis one is probably the best one out of all of them (yes weebs it's better than the Japan only Sega CD one) because it's pretty open and non-linear until you start following the plot. I mean, you're basically stuck in the first area until you make enough money to progress the plot and then you can go crazy with what you want to do. You can also choose your class between a Street Samurai, a Decker, or a Gator Shaman, but you can't change your race (unless you play the Magus77 hack). I'd say skip over the SNES version, which is more of an adventure game with shitty combat, and go straight for the Genesis.

ProTip: start as the Decker, get enough money to get back your brother's stuff, get the cheap deck with mask L2 and sleeze L2, and go to the Puyallup Barrens and just do the easy matrix runs from Vigore and Jarl until you can get the next level deck, and keep repearting = tons of money and karma