hurts just a bit

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/rtainjapan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Im good at video games though.
i don't write for kotaku

prove it

No

If I ever make a videogame I'll make it have unskippable cutscenes and spend over 70% of the budget in bugtesting so no exploits can quicken your playthrough.
I fucking despise speedrunning

More often than not speedrunning is about being good at breaking a game, not being good at the game. Once you figure out how to do the tricks they employ in a particular game, the game itself becomes easier than gone homo.

this is the ultimate mastery over it, anything else is a limit you have put before yourself

I'm no world champion but I am really good at the vydia I play consistently. You just suck

Speedrunners use a shit ton of glitches and exploits though. They're technically massive cheaters when they're skipping Entire levels and portions of a game.

Tell that to a bouncer in Vegas, see what happens.

how do you cheat in a videogame though, the game itself is inside a computer, the WHOLE THING is merely a set of rules, if you go outside the rules you are not playing the game anymore
anything accomplisheable inside the game is not cheating

Pretty shit thread to be honest, ruggaroll is that you?

so speedrun yourself tbh

Please tell me you don't actually believe all glitches are actually features.

You are a blogposting fool and your cuckchan jpg files dont belong

glitches are featured in the game, and are therefore features,they are unintentional features but features nonetheless
this is why when a game is unplayable day one I mock it, to not recognize bugs as part of the game that exists would be to, for example, say there is nothing wrong with the PC port of darksouls

if you want to quibble about the "intended gameplay experience" that is a whole different can of worms

Feels good to not be on the spectrum

normalniggers remove yourself

OP is a gay.

I play games for fun, not to be the best.

"X contains Y" does not mean "X features Y" you dumb faggot. The definition of feature:
Something big and prominently displayed as a mechanic is a feature. A shooter is a game featuring guns and shooting people. Jumping is not a feature of normal FPSes. If jumping a particular way means you can go at ludicrous speed it is not a feature. Unless you advertise it as one, such as in Xonotic or other such fast paced arena shooters.
"I can break through a wall a certain way, then hover up to a platform and pray to the gods that a fairy I spawned earlier flies there and doesn't despawn before I collect it" is not a feature. And yet it is required to do an Any% speedrun of Wind Waker.

Don't make me laugh, casual. Speedrunners and eesp0rts cucks are absolute trash compared to me. They can't even dream of competing against me. They would lose so bad that suicide would be the only possible escape from the infinite mockery they would have to go through for the entirety of their now meaningless and miserable lives.

No one dead or alive is better than me.

this only disincludes not well known and esoteric bugs, very famous bugs and bugs encountered in normal gameplay are still features by this definition
to use the same example, the vanilla KB+M controls on the PC port of dark souls is a terrible feature, and it being horrible was unintentional, its an unintentional feature AKA a bug, but it is still in the game
I bet you dont even do combos in fighting games, because those are a bug and therefore dont exist

that's why I play fighting games

i don't like speedrunners but no one likes unskippable cutscenes

They may be better at that one game than me, but put is in 1v1 in a game neither of us have ever played and I'd WRECK any speedrunner. Fact.

Uh… so get good instead of whining about it on this board? Why are you blogposting?

that would be going outside the constraints of the game, like unplugging your opponents controller in a video game
this is usually considered cheating

And literally going out of bounds in a videogame isn't "going outside of the constraints of the game"? Bounds and constraints even mean the same thing, you tard.

hurts a bit

as long as all your inputs are through the intended controller, it is impossible to break the rules of the videogame in the same way it is impossible to break the laws of physics in the real world, if you think you broke the laws of physics you merely broke the set of rules humans assume to be the laws of physics with their imperfect brains

Cosmo, is that you?

This is why the only thing that interests me now are sandboxes with complex systems like Dorf Fort, but even that is easy once you learn the tricks. There aren't enough complex sandbox games out there.

Why such an arbitrary line in the sand? What about PCs? Typing "sv_cheats 1" in Half Life is not cheating, according to you, but using a joystick is? Do you realize how retarded you sound yet?

Not to mention games like Doki Doki Literature Club which makes the arbitrary "constraints of a game" irrelevant now.

i don't really care. i am good enough to be able to appreciate them and have fun.

is the cheat console not a feature now too?

It's cheating, assclown.

its in the game, satan

I just want you autists to admit that things in the game are in the game, and any other line drawn is some bit of bullshit that people agree not to do
jumping over a certain wall in mario kart is not intended, but it is within the game and can be accomplished by a player, a certain skip by falling onto another section of track is not intended but accomplishable with the same methods as the fall skip that IS intended
most people do not consider ANY fall skip to be a glitch or bug regardless of the developer intention, but it is mechanically the same as the intended fall skip, and the intention it has (none it was on accident) is the same as the jump skip
where does this middling skip fall under? people have to agree on it for any run to count, these agreements do matter, but are nothing more then an agreement, in any other medium these are called "gentlemens rules"

for a more concrete example, in dark souls PVP there is a glitch the community refers to as "dead angling" which everyone accepts as part of the game and uses, while in certain communities using estus, an intentional part of the game, is frowned upon
there are a host of other bugs that people may or may not use, and may or may not count your success when you use them such as tumblebuffing and moveset swapping, ruling them out is THE SAME as ruling out estus

also it took me that long to respond because I was masturbating

Alright what gives?

Did you try restarting the modem?

They make a set of rules based on what they expect. Doing something within those rules that is unexpected is still playing by the rules. its the programmers fault, not the players. Cheating is breaking the rules, exploiting is not. If you say it is against the rules to throw rock then doing so is cheating, but if you throw scissors expecting others to throw paper as you intended, only for them to throw rock, its your fault as a shitty programmer for not better defining the rules.

get better bait

what about that is bait, please explain yourself user

I don't believe that he's retarded enough to not know the difference between a loophole and not banning something that has been defined since the first iteration of the rules.

I agree with you on most points there, although I felt you made the social contract between what is cheating and what isn't to seem more difficult to determine than it really is (as in games which have cheats programmed in or even "featured" if you will). It's easy to understand that for example, if you were playing Mario Kart with your friends, that they wouldn't appreciate it if you did fall skips on Rainbow Road just because you needed to show off your amazing game knowledge. You shouldn't need to take that unintended advantage anyway since you are usually at least competent if you know that much about the game.
I disagree that glitches are "featured in the game," because as others said for something to be featured requires promotion. A feature by definition is something the designers intended to put in the game. I don't know whether cheat modes are features or not; in some games like Half Life, they are akin to debugging tools, while in games like Goldeneye they're things that you can achieve through legitimate gameplay. Generally between players, it's easy to understand that anything not intended by the designers of the game can be considered cheating and that the Dark Souls PvP community is rather cancerous.

What are your system specs?

Who would feed you then, you failure at life?

I never said that it is hard to form the contract, although it is certainly easier with some games then others (no items, fox only…)
personally, as for the "prominent" definition that still leaves shitty holes all over the place, for example bunnyhopping is very well known and therefore prominent but is definitely unintentional, but if the secret word is intention rather then prominence, then most games with options for character progression and story progression will have a single intended path that the dev or his tester took which constitutes the intended experience, and a bunch of other ones coded into the game, I will continue to use darksouls as an example since you are familiar, miyazaki has stated in an interview that the master key is not part of that, but there are two ways to start with it and you can pick it up later, the same interview he got a little buttmad that people skip the depths yet you can skip the depths even without masterkey (firelink>burg>parish>andre>darkroot garden>valley of drakes>blighttown) and this is not a bug in any way I can think of

It's just quiet as fuck.

you will never be truly good at dubs

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

I didn't know that Miyazaki was flustered about people skipping the Depths. Maybe that was a design decision made by one of his fellow designers. It seems like Japanese directors frequently take credit for things that their "underlings" actually did so it would not surprise me. It's easy to forget that these games are designed by multiple people and sometimes they don't communicate well.
As for the definition of feature, I'm just telling you as it is. I am a professional programmer and that is the definition of feature in the software development context. I wanted to be a game dev when I was a kid but the career options are way shittier, although I enjoy doing it. You can think of it as the opposite of a "bug" or "glitch" if you want. But a feature is something that was on the planning board before you started development, although with the sad state of IT management they frequently show up during development.

Windows Vista on a Linux 98. Also I have an HP mouse.

Feels great, lads.

i wish i was able to speedrun super mario world, speed runs of that game are super fun to watch

That HP mouse is going to cause massive framerate issues user. I recommend either using a trackball or upgrading to OS X whenever possible.

IM SLOWLY DRIFTING TOOO

You're aging, congratulations.

Even 100% speedruns avoid as much as gameplay as possible and try to rules lawyer their way out of it.

Yeah yeah, we remember your shitty thread when you said you were going to make that game and everyone pointed out it would be a terrible game anyway. Nice to see you're still mad.

I have a different problem. I have world-record-tier skill in several games and know that if I took the time out to push myself and take on some additional rules I could get them. Problem is I wouldn't be having fun anymore. Very frustrating to see greatness just within my grasp but lack the motivation to take it.

OP, everything about your post is retarded. With logic like that, there can only be one good player for every game.

I've collected quite the amount of dubs in my time user.

The only speed running I like is for SM64 just because of how utterly fascinating it is.

You don't need to add unskippable cutscenes, just put in loading elevators that slow everything down like in Mass Effect. Speed runners will bitch but people who actually enjoy atmosphere will feel like it's more immerse.

I don't even play nor enjoy videogames. I just come here for the LOL threads and occasionally lurk these kind of template threads.

Then you're cancer

this is Holla Forums none of us actually play video games

Just try to be better than you currently are. Then repeat once you get better.

You're thinking of cuckchan and you should really go back to it.

no i'm thinking of Holla Forums stop playing video games you degenerate

No, you're thinking of half/v/, newfag. Full/v/ is literally about playing video games, you are the only degenerate here and you're fooling no one and fitting in poorly.

b-b-but da meemz!

Just because you don't speedrun something doesn't mean you're not good at it. The act is speedrunning a game is mostly autistically applying common speedrun exploits to a game, it either boils down to muscle memory, extreme luck or it's simply easy to pull off.

Speedrunning is shit anyway. Watching streams is shit but at least it's somewhat forgivable if the steamer takes their time, engages with the viewers and has fun. Watching speedrunners is just seeing someone autistically exploit the game while being completely detached from the viewers.

You mean some retarded faggot just streaming himself playing a game normally like anyone gives a shit? No, that's the absolute worst kind of garbage. Streaming is indeed shit, but the only slightly even remotely forgivable streams to watch are things like speedrunning.

Fear not, you may be bad at vidya but you'll never be NightcrawlerK98

But people do give a shit about them, granted they're few and far between. Personally I cannot stand streaming but the most tolerable ones are those that don't use any facecams or overlays, and enjoy themselves without having to autistically rush through the game.

Literally who?

Yeah you're right, people do give a shit, I don't know why I said they didn't. I know better than to pretend vidya hasn't been taken over by cancerous hordes.

You've missed out user.

Speak for yourself, faggot

(checked)
Your dubs prove that.

DTA?

Bet you don't even get dubs, cuckchan reject.

Whatever do you mean? There's plenty of sound.

Feels pretty good, actually.

I thought I was actually good at this game when I played 17 years ago.

Glitchless is still exploiting the game but within the game rules.
Everyone takes a set route that has been autistically calculated to be faster than the others.

The only good speedrunners are the ones who don't use shitty exploits. Prove me wrong.

HD has much, much better AI. You can still choose the classic AI on HD and it's piss easy, but the new AI will rape you.

user, are you retarded?
a glitch is a quirk or foible within the games rules that creates an unintended experience, like falling through world geometry for some reason
an exploit is a player using something in the games rules in a way to create an unintended gameplay experience that is beneficial to him, an example would be bouncing on the same koopa shell over and over to get unlimited 1ups

if you are not using exploits then what about it is a speed run?

help

There's your problem.

I can't stop.

Go out and fight the jew. Acquaint yourself with Holla Forums and the facts of the world. You will never make any positive changes to your life unless you change the world and people around you.

Also stop grinding without a trainer. For fuck’s sake; there’s nothing fun about that unless you’re one of the fucking Asian subspecies.

just speedrun games that are fun like doom or quake

I have a sick idea.
Instead of grinding vidya shit, grind some sick gainz. Get some weights or go to the gym, fag.

Lurked Holla Forums for around four years. /r/the_donald, TRS rapefugees and actual shills turned the place into an echochamber. Does not invalidate anything you've said about the jew and changing the world around you, but seeing Holla Forums today is just depressing, more than anything.

What's the point if you don't plan to get in barfights.

You never know when you might get into one, faggot. Or you can just lift for the aesthetics.

Like my chair is gonna appreciate a six-pack. That's just getting addicted to a post-workout adrenaline high. I'm no fatass, but if there's no reason to get MAD GAINZ I'd rather play vidya.

You can use your gainz to beat up fags for fun. Think about it, dude.

It's a mod that adds Tiberium Dawn and Red Alert 1 units together and balances the gameplay a bit.

Oh, I think I saw that thread and was interested until I saw what game was chosen. Shouldn't have chosen such a shitty game and more people probably would have joined.

Are you retarded? What else does getting gud mean other then understanding game mechanics to the point you know for a fact what's most efficient?

Let me guess, you'd rather they play C&C4?

Obviously this is darkspinesonic

Red Alert 2
Age of Empires 2
Supreme Commander
Company of Heroes
Warcraft 3
Dawn of War 2
Age of Mythology
Stronghold
Men of War
Maybe Rise of Nations or Empire Earth, though I haven't actually played either. Still need to do that.

You know, any decent RTS really. I don't know why they picked some random mod no one has ever heard of for a painfully obsolete game. There's a point where the technical limitations of a game due to its age make it objectively shit, and the original C&C is past that point.

Only with some exceptions are speedrunners actually good at games.
Be like Pannenkoek.
Do not shout out to simpleflips

He sounds gay as shit. Is he legit gay? SimpleFlips, of course.

Considering most speedrunners, I'd say ~2 years to a sex change, give or take how much people pay attention to them.

Stop stealing my memes and naming them you normalfag.

Fucking fresh

A man after my own suicidal heart.

The fact you think it was the original C&C pretty much means you never bothered to read the thread at all or even play the game. and a lot of your choices are pleb tier

That won't stop them. They'll just sit through the cutscenes just like with every other game.

It was, though?

Feels normal as fuck.
OP's a faggot as always.

It's all I ask for really.

After taking away the sweatdrop, how do you perceive this Nanashi as smug? It looks like the look of someone forcing a smile as they pity you.

No it was based off Tiberian Sun engine. Considering it has MP Servers, free, easy to setup and run and above all toaster friendly it was perhaps the best choice for an RTS tournament.

That's a pretty poor competitive game to be honest, it mostly comes down to spamming tanks better than the other faggot. Dawn of War 1 would have perhaps been better though.
DTA isn't even on the same engine as C&C95 user.

Also to add if you think any of your suggestions would have been good for an RTS tournament you really need to play MP more.

What are you, gay?

The idea and physical and mental strength are at odds, like you be gotta be either a scrawny dork or a retarded meat head is kike bullshit. Be a well read, intelligent, and physically capably man. You owe it to your ancestors, and you people as a whole.

Supcom FA is pretty good but matches have the potential to go on far too long to comfortable run a one day tournament. Company of Heroes is micromanagement-heavy trash. Dawn of War 2 is actually quite a good 1v1 game but it's really an RTT rather than an RTS. Men of War again is an RTT over an RTS but could have worked. I'd agree on the rest being fairly shitty PvP games other than RoN which I've never played against a human.

Almost everything I listed can be played multiplayer for free, and most of them are toaster friendly.

Rise of Nations suffer from the same problem Age of Empires has in that certain nations are blatantly broken and downright OP in PvP. DoW II is also rather imbalanced. Doesn't mean they aren't fun they just aren't the best when it comes to having an RTS tournament

There was anons taking part in the tournament with Windows XP on a Pentium IV and 256mb of RAM and 64mb Graphic Cards. I shit you not.

I only play MP, what are you talking about? Both SupCom and AoE2 even have active tournament communities. I'm pretty sure Age of Mythology does too.

Normalniggers feed the speedrunning cancer with their hard earned shekels. Die.

DTA is also 100% free (legally in fact) and runs on damn near anything. In practical terms just going with base RA1 + CnCnet might have been better though.

AoE2 as a competitive 1v1 or 2v2 game is pretty boring since you just get the same handful of nations, maps and harassment/scouting + countering tactics. 1v1 Arabia can only be experienced so many times before you want to kill yourself. It's better as a 3v3 or 4v4 game certainly but arranging 6-8 anons to show up for multiple games is not a good idea when even one person being late/not showing fucks the entire project. Honestly AoE 2 plays best, in my opinion, in a lan/with friends situation since you can have some basic house rules and allow for things like actually being able to use maps with water/boats and a bit of asymmetry. Supcom is again good but games can last too long: it's difficult to ask anons to commit to more than a few hours of a tournament.

Yeah, but it's shit.

Who cares though

Given that you didn't even know what engine it was running on I doubt you've actually played it.

Also R.U.S.E. is a good game, why does everyone always forget to mention it? I realise the remaining ~200 fags playing it only ever play the inferior 1945 mode when 1942 is better but still.

It didn't really hook me when I played the free weekend.

Weirdly the limitations of trying to work on consoles led to them making one of the few good RTS games to focus almost entirely on macro over micro (unless of course you're a plane player and even then the level of micromanagement is minimal).
Probably you ended up playing against 1945-only fags. As with any RTS game past a certain age the majority of the community plays only a single mode usually the worst one that was 'solved' years ago and thus has only one meta strategy and a handful of maps. In R.U.S.E. specifically I've regularly seen players with 100ish hours beat 3000-4000 hour veterans just by playing on 1942 or Total War mode because veteranfags can't adapt.
Also fuck Japan, whichever idiot at Eugen designed that faction needs to be shot.

I'd structure my game like a multi-route VN, while having multiple acts making up the areas of each route. The game would have things like a moving escort quest (see also: DD) and a bunch of boss fights with multiple stages. But most importantly, the eventual True End would require you to do all sorts of side quests with waiting gimmicks and going a little off roads.

There would even be a speed-run included where you begin at Route 1 and progress the way through with no save slots. You'd get a special cosmetic prize at the end. It would just take a shitting sock to get there.

worst feeling

maybe but you can play games to immerse yourself in those worlds, for the experience while getting better as side quest

More impressive to be good at a game without prior knowledge of it, than to practice for years and have 99.9% of your runs be failures until you finally get something decent enough to show people. That's what speedrunning is.

who gives a fuck about other niggers, so long as you have fun it don't matter. can't believe people here actually want to be speedrunner tier autistic. sage for shit thread

i really like this artist wish they did more things with pic related

wtf I hate Socrates now

Futafags should all die or boost their testosterone levels to the point where they don't wish for a woman dominating them in a relationship.

those are just dudes with tits right.
i'm one of those weird faggots that can't get off to futa or mentally-ill trannies but traps and boob dudes are fine

I like this user, have a (you)

They only "get gud" because they do the same shit for weeks trying to shave a few seconds off their time. Eventually they will memorize everything that happens and it appears they are good. Yet they have to do the same thing all over again once they try a new game. You would feel differently if all those speedrunning fags actually showed the work it took to get to where they were instead of just showing the end result.

Just happened to me.

You are not God-touched, you are not exceptional, few can place themselves among the great men. Only those that are favoured by the unknown forces can achieve greater than survival.

OP IS A CUCK

those who are not born great are quick to put others down to their level.
die in the streets like the slime you are but don't drag unascended beings down in your squalor.

You are not the great man.

only a coward would not want to put their dick in all gods creatures to prove their dominance over his kingdom

Kill yourself you waste of space

user you made it look like you've been abused by your family.
People who have abusive parents usually look down upon people trying to help, often becoming angry and hostile towards them.
Fix your fucking life faggot.

my bad i got lost

DTA isn't RA2, it's RA1+C&C95 on TS engine.

Good feel

Bayo has a different ending on easy?

People being better then me doesn't mean I'm bad at something. Just like the olympics, humans like to witness achievement and use it to inspire themselves.

Make your own fate, faggot.

no, you're the reason for your own misery, start lifting and reading you little faggot

Speedruns turn players into trannies.

There's your problem. Speedrunners practice the exact same game every day for years just to improve their completion time by seconds, maybe even fractions of a second. It's not like they're good at any other game. They're one trick ponies. They're also generally autistic as fuck.

I never said it was RA2 user.

Though it appears I originally replied to the wrong user and that probably explains why it wasn't clear.

This.
Play only to challenge yourself and indulge, there will always be some autist better than you anyway.

I actually speedrun a few games.
Most of the time it goes like this

Only got mixed results so far, but the experience itself is rather enjoyable.

I did that to my friend in Dark Souls. He was in sen's fortress when I started and I passed him up before he even got to Smough and Ornstein. He quit the game after that happened and I played the shit out of the PVP

No one in the history of man has been a "self-made man". All the great men in history achieved their status not from inner revelation or self-improvement as the Capitalists would have you think, nor from a collective of ne'erdowells and perfidious and penniless peasants as the Marxists would have you think. They achieved their status through birthright, cosmic providence and the divine teetotum. All weakness, all faults, all illnesses of mind and body, all are signs that one is not favoured.

Now, I could be wrong, but I do believe you have an unhealthy ego problem.

Play games for your own enjoyment you insecure nigger.

You can have every opportunity and divine favor in the world, but it won't mean shit unless you get up off your ass and do something with it.

fuck off

If you really want to stop speedrunners, make a game that always takes the same amount of time to beat like Dead Rising.

Which games?

EDF 4.1
Space Invaders 1999
and a couple others

Do not despair, OP.
Of all the skills one can acquire in life, being good at vidya is the most useless.
I can appreciate speedruns as feats of virtual reflexes and ability, but would never do it myself.
Games are just toys for people to play with as they please. For Holla Forums or anyone to feel this strongly about them is like reading a customer review on Play-Doh.

twitch.tv/rtainjapan

RTA in Japan is airing right now.

her lips look like a prolapsed anus.

What game?

He can definitely play Warcraft 3.

What's the problem user?
Why aren't you finishing your games?
Why aren't you having fun?

The screenshots have a very high brightness, even though the actual game remains dark no matter what I do.

I'm fine with the Souls games and Monster Hunters but Nioh was a new level of unfun and I ended up dropping it. Like there's challenging, and then there's literally just not fun in any way. You have to let the player at least have more than 2 seconds after a boss fight begins to do SOMETHING before gibbing them, god damn, character can't even take a step before it's over. You have to fight most of the bosses 20+ times because 18 of those fights you died within the first 2 seconds, and the other 2 fights you got lucky and ended up not dying in the first 2 seconds.

It's just not enjoyable.

Is that how it feels to be Netero?

Nah fuck that shit
Honestly, I never got the appeal of speed running, I mean you manage to clear a game on record time whoopee.
All thanks to reading guides and using the same old tactics, the only difference from the average joe playing is that they managed to do it faster. Though I will give props to games that lets you do sequence breaking, Half-Life 2 is particularly good at this.
Now that’s fucking awesome. It’s like a match where the whole team is rallying behind their ‘champion’ just so their own top fragger can have the upper hand against the other team’s top dog. I’ve been in matches like this and holy shit in one of the match it lasted for 2 hours (for a game where matches can be ended in mere minutes) since it’s an endless loop of attacks and counter-attacks, with neither of the team’s top scorers unwilling to give up while the lower frags quit and gets replaced by other fucks to fight in the never ending match
Have you recalled a match so exhilarating and entertaining that you’ve actually not salty about the other team winning Holla Forums ?

Source please?

I don't think being a speedrunner and being 'good' are the same thing. Yer average speedrunner is just some chump who copies the tricks of runners before him and at best they discovered their tricks themselves. That implies a LOT of fucking around, running into bugged corners to glitch through walls, jumping like a spazz into ceilings to get into blue/grey hell etc and generally not playing the game at all but finding a way to break it or ignore 90% of it. I have far more respect for someone who is a completionist or who actually knows which screws to turn ingame to flip things to their advantage.

I remember playing GoW Horde mode years ago with a team of people who were so on the ball that we survived the 50 waves 9/10 times, one time a dingbat friend on my list joined in and spent half the match useless to us trying to stun grenade himself into a wall so he'd be 'invincible' which he wasn't as you could still hit him with explosions which promptly happened soon after he'd managed it. *He* was the kind of cunt who does speedruns, They're in it for something esle, they want to fuck with the game not play it.

THE TRANS COMMUNITY

haha yeah man FUCK your friend for trying to dick around after countless runs of the same thing

If those forces were unknown there wouldn't be seven fucking billion people in the world.

not that many tbqhf

If you do this you are a shitty person. Waste your own time.

Comiket91 by Oda Non

I've never finished Dark Souls 2 or 3, probably never will.

Thank you user and have fine new year.

Dead rising actually is still speedrun despite the time limit. There is a also a category for the "Overtime Mode" which is an epilogue that doesn't have those time limits.

Most people are shit at videogames

And this is a game for hardcore weebs.

Why would anyone do that? For me a game is an experience. I want to soak it all in.

You'll never be happy until you learn to cope with the fact that there will always be someone who's a million times better than you. Play for you.

I don't know, with how bad Eternal Sonata was it could be a better way to play it. Especially that awful, awful scene where the pinky is dying but takes half a goddamn hour doing it and won't shut up, could stand to be skipped.

fuck that, git gud.

Contrary to what you may think, speedrunning isn't something most people do on their first playthrough, beating a 200 hour game in 10 hours, and then never playing it again, unless they're attention whores fishing for clicks for being the first person to get a "world reccord!!!".
Most people who speedrun a game do it after playing it normally to death, completing it, completing it 100%, maybe doing some challenge runs, exploring everything to exhaustion, then figuring out how to do things fast if they think that might be fun.
Speedrunning (and doing other challenge types of playthrough) increases your play time of a game, not the opposite.

What bothers me is my own laziness, that in order to get even halfway decent, I often look up a guide without trying to figure out a game on my own.

Most speed runners are total fucking faggots and trannies, but there is maybe a handful of ok ones that I would have a beer with.

Well people can enjoy what they want. But with the hundreds of games that release each year I can't be bothered to put that much effort in a single game.

You're used to the pristine little Holla Forums that split off from /new/ all those years ago. After we lifted the curtain and struck the beast we became punished Holla Forums
You're looking at a ship in wartime. It's taken some hits and isn't pretty.

I'll never forget you FalcoX.

I know this feeling, but you have to get out of it.
You really need to find something else to do in your free time otherwise you will come to despise video games.

Nothing wrong with people being better than me when I am still staring down at the plebs.

What?
It just reflects how you, a human, can pick apart flaws in the coding and AI of a game and possibly use them for your advantage
This doesn't show any particular mastery of any skill at all

What are you talking about? You do know that speedrunners don't speedrun on their first blind playthrough right? They probably played it a bunch of times casually and then thought of speedrunning it for the fun of it.

if I abused a boss's AI to beat him instantly with no hp lost, would that make me more skilled than a player who fought and beat him in the quickest time possible without abusing any idiosyncracies, glitches or flaws in the game code?
Anyone who isn't a retard would say no

He's probably talking about finding the glitches, not just using them.

Look at this scandalous footage of a hacker caught cheating!

But I don't understand. Both examples you presented pointed to the idea of using flaws to your advantage. Besides the very notion of finding flaws and figuring out a way to make sure help you so as to go beyond the boundaries of the game means that it is a skill.

Considering a lot of exploits and glitches can require frame-perfect timing or difficulties far beyond what would be expected of the player when playing normally, since developers don't casual-proof breaking the game?

You're full of shit user.

Not until you accept that you are bad and choose to grow from it. Our society raises us to be narcissists incapable of growth or critique, because to admit you are bad now is to admit that you "don't have any innate talent" in the thing you are doing.

This is false. All is gained through hard work. Natural talent is immeasurable, but hard work and progress you can see.

Even if someone has a natural talent (if there is such a thing), struggling against them and losing is far better than wallowing as a pathetic person who doesn't try anything at all.

Sounds more like beta-testing to me, and more importantly in the case of "helping you" all it means is that it helps you get a better time on your speedrun's numbers rather than you actually playing the game out

yeah nah, I've only seen a few glitches and exploits like that, and the ones that do usually end up skipping massive portions of the game so that the player's skill in those areas are never really shown to be tested. I don't view those as legitimate
I will concede that performing exploits and glitches like those, especially in platformers or twitch-based games do indeed require a skill though but I definitely wouldn't judge a person's skill at the game based on how well they can perform exploits to skip the fucking gameplay

That's a form of smug called condescension

ok then

So you view someone with skill as a person who can complete the game with official game shortcuts (added into the game by game dev himself)?

We can pinpoint where the idea spawned from thanks to CS Lewis.

" “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”" -Socrates

We are all favored by god so long as we follow his teachings and establish a relationship with him. It's surprising how little people know about Christianity. I'm not here to convert you or anything, but at least know what you're talking about.