Quantum Break

Downloaded this "game" and got through the first act recently and boy what a hot fucking mess it is
What a massive let down. The only reason I persisted through the first act was because the game teased me with Sam Lake on a TV screen

only good thing was CIA.

Why did you buy a game everyone agreed isn't good?

from what I've seen so far, pretty much

So if I wanted more Payne I shouldn't bother?

Its nothing like max payne. The main difference is that its a console shooter rather than a PC one but it isn't even a good one. Max Payne 3 is more of a game than this.

Got through act 2 and the story is pretty neat but it comes at the expense of gameplay. There are entire parts where you don't shoot a single bullet and just do brainless platforming,pressing buttons and waiting for events to occur so that you can press even more buttons. Since those parts are considered gameplay you can't just skip them.

Did I mention the file size of the game? Without all the live action videos the thing is 70gb but when you add the live action videos it gets nearly doubled to 130gb.

woah

Just wait until you get to the part with the WE WUZ CAVEMEN

Quantum Break is the epitome of what they wanted to achieve with XBone

TV TV AND MOVIES TV TV TV WATCH TV TELEVISION TV TV EXPERIENCE TV ANYBODY?

not really sure what happened to Remedy while they were developing this
Alan Wake had functional mechanics…
I suspect Microsoft was breathing down their neck and once they rushed it out for release, they didnt even allow them to fix the issues (patching on consoles is pain)
so when DX11 version came out, i tried it, runs so much better for some reason

The thing is it could've been fantastic. It has all the elements one could use to make a great game but Remedy just dropped the ball for some reason.

No melee attack in this game always fucked me up. I'd be wrecking shit and see a behind the back melee opportunity but when I got there I'd realize I can't.

Time dodge follows up as a melee attack but actually using it like that is fucking retarded because unless you're using autoaim you'll waste all focus time trying to adjust your aim.
Its just a worse shoot dodge.

but I thought whitey was the one stuck in da caves while kangs space traveled in pyramids?
niggers are confusing

I don't understand what you mean but hot damn do I love using the time dodge to land a shoulder block and unloading the Heavy Pistol while the bad guy is float-staggering in slow motion. Also stacking rounds on the surface of the time stop sphere so that they all hit the target at the same time once the sphere collapses and time resumes feels just as good. I have no problem walking corridors for this gunplay.

What doesn't feel good is how the enemy just shrugs an entire magazine off as if nothing happened or your character completely missing a closed ranged shotgun blast after a time dodge tackle because the game is a poorly coded mess.

Quatum Break is simply too big for you to understad.

this. checking them dubs

>>>/bane/

what the hell, was meant for

that and motionblurr, lenseflares and chromatic aberration
WHY ARE THOSE THINGS IN VIDYA!?

da joos

Chromatic aberration can be used well but lens flare and motion blur can die in a fire.

I almost took your post seriously but then you ended it with this common turn of phrase revealing what is likely a superficial knowledge of the subject based on poorly formed ideas. It is obvious any further discussion will simply be a recitation of buzzwords and blanket criticisms. Take these things back to where you found them.

Lens flares can have it's place, in extreme moderation.

I've never seen motion blur that didn't make everything worse.

That's still like that? They have to just be pissing money away doing that at this point.

Motion blur is the only thing on the planet that gives me motion sickness.

I'm so ashamed of my countrymen, not all finns make shit games

what other finnish games exist?

He's a nu male? Didn't bother me he was a C lister, it had a hobbit, little finger and the nigger from fringe. Thought it was a pretty cool cast.
Thought little finger was pretty cool guy, story was interesting.

Didn't really rely on it, zipped around using the time powers. But you probably didn't use them much given you comments.

Fair enough, it wasn't a realistic game

Don't agree at all.

So what?

I thought you wanted some realism OP?

Yeah, pretty lazy, but wouldn't say the level design was bad, some of the levels, like the party, was nicely laid out.

This worked ok, but would've been nice to have the option and will mean the game wont be playable in the future depending on where those videos are hosted.

That's pretty shit

Didn't bother me :/

Not saying it's a great game, but it's far from a hot mess.

X3

The time powers don't even make sense. How the fuck do you make a shield with TIME?

It's on PC too.

Cmon, anons.

So did anyone ever extract CIA's model from the game?

it's almost like the powers aren't based on time or something

Retard

I enjoyed it for the story but I think I found a paradox which made the story nonsensical. So the main protoganist goes back in time and then forward again until you realize that he was responsible for all the explosions and shit on the other side of the university. But what about CIA guy? If he went back in time to create monarch then shouldnt there be another past Version of him in the same timeline? Like how did the other one exist without noticing someone with his name getting a bunch of attention and rich.

Why would anyone even pirate this.

You stop time around you so that nothing can come close to you
Never mind that the weapons you and your enemies use are specifically made to work in stopped time.