Games that Only You Played

I’m guessing Maid Marian doesn’t ring too many bells

Other urls found in this thread:

maidmarian.com/MOONBASE.htm
maidmarian.com/tank.htm
brackeen.com/scared/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I recall this being named something else, Sherwood or something. Really shitty graphics, most weapons were just a low poly base model with a transparent texture.

My dick

Holy fuck, that is the only passable art of maid Marian I've ever seen. Thank you.

Man I used to watch their videos back in 2010, only played two of the games they mentioned(one was a generic anime-styled game with two rival schools that fight monsters and ghosts, and the other was a generic medieval game with deep PvP) but only for 4-5 hours, because mmos weren't my thing. So I guess my post IS relevant to the thread. I think their main host left the site, and since then their ratings have dropped massively. I can't even remember when I stopped watching them, I just did at some point.

pretty obscure game

I played that too. They also had a tank game and a kind of barbie game for girls.
Has anyone else played pic related?

Sherwood Dungeon and it was utter shit but the community made it a fun piece of shit

Nigger if you havent at least played pic related and jetpack'd over to the small earth to do a whacky dance on it get out of my face.

This game had a lot of spergs, but I still miss them.

I've gotten my buggy onto the earth a few times. I liked to glitch into the earth and rocks as well.

i love dirtbomb

Warship Gunner 2 was fucking awesome, it took up so much of my free time when I was younger, but I've never met anyone else who knew wtf it was.

It had some very pretty pixel art.
Gameplay was almost lemmings levels of tardwrangling as your guys could get 'bored' and decide to go kill themselves at any moment. I never got very far into it.

MY NIGGERS
I used to play this shit with a friend all the time, there was some shitty outdoor area and infinite dungeons down this hole, and I remember playing it because the animations were smooth - this was back in middle school, i'd completely forgotten about that stupid game, I dont even remember how i played that moon buggy one but i did.

I've played so many games anons have never even heard of. This is a pic of one of them. It's a 33 year old game (technically it goes back to the '60s in various forms) that was so popular in its time with a certain group of people that it's still played in tournaments today but is still completely unknown outside of its circles. The pic is from a tournament last year.

Is that the one with the slimes and shit?

That's Core War, isn't it? I learned about it from a video about the Redcode virus. What else do you have?

Yep.
That's bad news. It was safe with the modern world unaware of it.
How about another game from that era that was so popular it's still played today? I only played this a couple times though and don't remember much of the mechanics as the community's autism was beyond anything you could imagine and I couldn't stand them.

I'm sorry this had to happen to you.
Storytime?

For an amusing anecdote, this was the first game where multiplayer cheating became a major issue. The author of the primary client insisted (strongly) that they could prevent it with 'blessed binaries' - the server would request a checksum of the client and only allow clients with given checksums of builds made by the author (the source was open) to connect. This caused a ruckus in the Free Software community around 1990ish as it was the first time Free Software was "tivoized" where the right to modify was effectively kneecapped.
It was a retarded idea though since it was pretty easy to modify the checksum code as there was no hardware preventing you from doing so, but it's probably the first time this scheme was tried.

2/10

I did. Like 3 days and then cleared cookies and lost my character or something.

Did anyone else play MU online? I only played on some weird private server called "evil flames". One of the most clearest memories I have is that the town's tavern played "daddy dj" song.
I have no idea how I found this.

It was the most autistic of greybeards, which were already so far away from humans that they were another species. The kind that lived in the computer lab, sometimes literally, or set up a home in the maintenance tunnels so they'd always be nearby (this was more common than you might think - I'd run into their camps when working on the network). Many of them would play this every waking hour and might have dropped out of college to play it. Bad players could fuck up your team so their reaction to new players was kind of like what you see in MOBAs but infinitely worse.

Sounds cool as fuck. Does this still happen?

No, that culture is long gone.

Are you me? The tank game was called Pocket Tanks IIRC, dunno what the Barbie game was called but it looked like a DOS/early Windows game.

Conflict Zone.

Damn.

I played that shit when i was a kid.
It was shit, even at the time, but i liked it.

SHERWOOD 2 WAS SHIT I PLAYED THE ORIGINAL AND THE SECOND ONE WAS SHIT IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE COMBOS AND SHIT

user you can't just hit me with some nostalgia like that, you've got to give me a warning first.

Looks fun though.

Sperging time. I've sunken way too many hours into this as a kid, never even heard of Diablo at the time. Unfortunately, all of that time was spent on the retarded "reset" servers so it was a never-ending grind and each time it got less challenging going up against monsters. I've rediscovered the actual, normal side of the game, just years ago. Also, it's a real shame no private server turned down the grind so it wouldn't make sense to AFK bot your leveling. Because this is actually what 99% of people do. In the official game version (which is still alive) there's even a fucking bot implemented into the client itself which runs on in-game currency. Also, the client runs like shit, even on modern hardware. And it's still a grindfest where you have to spend money on shit like EXP runes because it takes a lot of time to level even with a bot. A real shame too, because it had some potential with PvP and PvE and there were no world layers, just maps you teleport to. With the server population limit of (I think) 200, it was comfy.

Overall, it was decent for a kid's brain. Without any major overhauls, playing it today even on a private server (fuck Webzen) is pretty shit. My only MMO experience before that were full 3Ds with targeting systems, so this felt new. It's still popular today with Slavs and Filipinos as well.

Also, user, that "Daddy DJ" shit makes me sad. MU Online's music and ambience is legit amazing, on par with pre-moeshit Lineage 2 (where the focus was still a medieval atmosphere). Give it a listen.

What game is that? I vaguely remember playing it or one like it.

Anyone here play this gem mid 2000s? One of the few games that could run on the family PC decently

Everyone played that and it's even still up today. I bet nobody has played pic related. It was pretty fun but it got shut down just a few months after release.

There was some Ragnarok online clone set in China. The servers were fucking dead even back when I played, I met like 2 people after wandering around for 2 hours. Don't remember what it was called.

Wild frontier.
It was a j(?)rpg on the iphone which was really fun
It's technically lost media now because it was taken off the appstore and the only copy I could find wouldn't work on an iOS emulator.

Champions of Norath. A few jrpgs so esoteric years of searching haven't led to any results. The ps2/2000s were an interesting era with a content overload.

You ready to ride or die?

I've never seen this shit game mentioned anywhere on Holla Forums and honestly thought I imagined it until recently.

Sherwood Dungeon? What the fuck man I was thinking about that game last night.

I'll be fair, it's basically just a "tweak builds and watch pewpewpew" sort of game, but I think that's pretty fun for when you're boozing.

It was a pretty fun adventure game too.

Someone put it up as the vidya of the week in those of one week one vidya thread we had.

holy fucking shit, what a blast to the past. I totally forgot about Sherwood Dungeon.

Was this the game with a morality system and a main character called "regret"?

Yeah dude, you're the only person that ever played Legend of the River King

That PSP GITS game was boring as fuck, still haven't finished it. 90% of regular enemies could be completely owned with dual pistols, you just saved best weapons and riding Tachikomas for bosses, didn't help that the enemies and environments were bland as fuck and graphics looked like a PSX launch title.

I played that at release, it was interesting, especially for its time. Crazy that it's still going twenty years later.

no, it was a game where your character's ship crashes on an island and has to go around killing all the bosses
you get to name them too

I was going to tell you to fuck off with mobileshit, but I get sad when I see games getting lost to time. Would it still be playable on a real ipod or iphone?

Silkroad Online. One of the few games that really got me hooked. Game was so popular back in the day that it took hours to even log in

Those queues kept me from playing it. I just went back to scouring the web for free MMO's and online games.

Some shitty quasi-anime game; i didn't mind the turn-based combat but the enemies did so much damage, the battle experience was so low, and a majority of the 'game' was idiling while your character sat at a resource node gathering, i stopped giving a shit.

Like fuckin' Graal Online. I played way too much of that shit.

You probably saved a lot of then, but I have so many good memories from this game. Nothing beats playing (shitty) mmo's as a kid, with all the time in the world and no idea what the fuck you are supposed to be doing.

This game was fucking stupid and I loved it

*Saved a lot of time

Bootleg brazilian edition loading screens were lengthy , it lacked two levels and was in moonrunes, but then again i think it was a good deal at the time, even if it was a fake i never saw others play any tenchu game where i lived.

Cultures - Northland
Great game, but I never actually heard of somebody who knows it.

I've never heard anyone talk about this game. You get a shit ton of characters in your party but it's really easy to screw up some part of the main quest and fuck yourself over. You only have 100 in-game days to finish the quest, and every day that passes, a black plague from the south swallows up more of the land. Toward the end a bunch of the southern towns become inaccessible so you need to really make a point to clear everything in a town and not go back if you can help it. I played it when it was new in 1992 so it's probably aged horribly but I liked it as a kid.

There was this old ass CD with a bunch of demos to play when I was a kid.
It had this game on it called "Toto something something adventures"
It was essentially a point and click where you commanded your ugly as a sin alien through various airports all over the world, and it would make witty comments or whatever.
It was on the same disk as Pajama Sam and other point and click adventures.

the nostolgia is real

ah another case of the devs who killed their own game. it wasnt half bad concept-wise

It also had armor slots with different types of stats so you could build snipers/assault/melee classes in different ways. Not too complex but satisfying.

The devs took the servers down one day without any eta for them coming back up again. People just forgot about it, then when they did come back up the servers were filled with cleverly named bots that said stupid shit making you think it was real people.

I played both of those. Stronghold especially was my shit. The second one had a lot of potential, then the studio shit the bed.

I have yet to find anyone who's played this besides me.

Holy fuck, this brings back memories
Please tell me this game is still up somewhere.

I didn't know anyone played this aside from myself. Do you remember driving cars with bad physics in club marian?

I think it was fun.

Did you play crusade? I thought the second one was garbage, and I should have known I wasted my money when the lord was portrayed as some brazilian/new jerseyan /fit/fag instead of going for the authentic dirty anglo look in the previous games.

One of the best stealth games on the PS2 once you got past the camera.

Plenty of anons have played Stronghold, its not that obscure.

Never played Crusade, considered picking it up on steam but I'd rather not give the modern devs any money.

Fuck I wish more people had played this game.

well squeenix is making a remake so you're in luck there
:^)

I did, long ago
MONKEY
it was interesting to say the least

I loved this, but I can't remember if that was just because I was young at the time. I'm pretty sure it was my first experience with online co-op. I remember it crashing my computer a lot and having a barely functioning anti-cheat system as well as microtransactions before it was cool.

Never seen anyone talk about it. It has a fairly deep combat system and the hitboxes are very good, if not great. Once you turn off health bar display you have to gauge your health by how long you've been bleeding, and where you've been bleeding from. I've had fights end with the other player dead at my feet, only to fall over and die from bleeding out. Still play it with friends every couple of weekends.

MEGA CHECK
I always wanted to play this but my computer was too shit to run it

It was released in 2002, and it's about getting constantinople back from the middle east hence crusade, not revisionistade. I'd check it out.

Not a game, but…

It's in my all time favorite games, and I only paid like 2 dollars.

that game taught me how to program
pity it went pay-to-actually-enjoy

These 3 have become my go-tos that never get replies.

My interest is piqued, what are the second two called?

Looking back it seems a lot less impressive, but I have some nice memories of this game.
I remember how cash shop items could occasionally appear as random drops, and how everyone would scramble to try to pick it up first. Good times.

How many of you guys played this?
i think we should play it together one time, on a weekend maybe.

Loved this game.

1. Not obscure 2. Love it, still play it.

For mine the first one is a weird and very hardcore RNG dungeon crawler with very nice art. It's mobile, but free. There is a cash shop, but this is actually a game where you can earn the cash shop items with realistic amounts of gameplay.
The second game is Decker, a cuberpunk tile-based hacking RPG. It's pretty enjoyable, if a bit repetitive at later levels.

Ah yes, I've played buried bones. Art is very nice, I actually saved a screenshot and use it as a background because of how cool it looked. Could never pass more than a few levels though, so I never personally understood its appeal.

I was surprised it was a game about talking tanks, but I agree it is a good game.

That just added to its appeal. I must have replayed it like 10+ times as a kid though. Something about its variety made it feel unlike anything else I've played since. Every place was new, totally different, and there were no cheap gimics in gameplay. Seamless

Controls were ass but it’s still one of my favorite PS1 games

Everyone remembers StickDeath

Well, that's a wave of nostalgia.

I'd like to know what the second one is as well.

I remember playing that in middle school.

I remember that, it was awful but in a fun way.

Looks like an interesting Ultima 6 clone

Get the PS1 mouse. Breakout plays fucking fantastic with it. They should have come bundled.

Paintball 3 EXTREME

>TFW this is getting a remake but only in Dutch

I remember having a lot of fun playing this.

It had nice aesthetics and music as well, not to mention the jobbing system. Shame it had to made by Koreans though. Adding Euros ruined the game even more.

Azrael's Tear

Also, Outpost and Summoner.

And Paradise Cracked. It was crap.

For a second I thought it was Knights and Merchants, it looks almost identical.

Absolutely. But do you remember the tank game? That shit was fun. 20 players on a small island, shooting these big purple balls

Yes, the game was completely ruined by Joymax, especially by letting bots run rampant. There are still a ton of private servers but they killed off their own community.

I've heard of it, but I've never played it. Kinda looks like a Settlers knockoff, is it good?

Everyone played this back in the day, at least in my school. And I'm pretty sure The Darkness isn't that obscure, either.

Holla Forums tournament when? This was the shit, playing together in school. Very rage inducing though

Anyone here played Dynasty Warriors Online?
Grindy as fuck if you were a F2P but it was endless Dynasty Warriors action, good times

Game is called Paradise. Ever since I played Myst I was into point and click adventures. This one was pretty well done, great atmosphere and nice puzzles

You're kidding. That sounds like the sort of thing you'd see in a Junji Ito story.

Apparently that was what the developers of Tenchu made after the Tenchu license went to another studio. Note: That last sentence was not fact-checked at all. It's been on my backlog for years.

Another flash game, Phosphor. I think it never got out of beta. Also not sure if you could actually play online or if other players were just bots.

Holy fuck I just remembered this. Not really a game but does anyone know about Desktop Destroyer?

YES I DO
A friend of mine once got all the desktop black, added a warning sticker and told his parents it was a virus as a prank.
He got grounded for that

Harlequin was a solid (if annoyingly frustrating) platformer.

Good times. His parents must've been pretty retarded to not see that though.

HOLY FUCK user! I remmber that. I remember one of the school computer borke shortly after we played this on it. and we thought this game really breaks your computer, then we got scared and stopped playing it.

It's still up. I tried to play but I had to use internet explorer and the mouse controls are fucked up, I kept looking downwards and spinning to the right. It looks like internet play might actually work.
www2.rasterwerks.com/game/phosphor/beta2.asp

I got in trouble at school for setting the desktop background to a picture of a girl in the class and shooting her face up.

I remember the controls fucking up like that but I can't remember how to fix it

not a one

I played that a lot. There were hackers all over the place but it was good when you found a lobby without them. Could make for a decent Holla Forums game night like the other user said.

Does it still count if a ton of people played it when it was called Slaughter Sport?

I remember that game from the faces alone even with how generic they are, just like the rest of the game.
How has it not been closed down yet?

shame they fucked up 3.

WE

anyone remembers soldat? it was ebin. nothing beats multikills with minigun when you are flying on its recoil
we should make a game night

I remember this

Great game, the shipbuilding mechanic was crazy-fun, and it has some surprisingly good music tracks. I always wanted to try Naval Ops: Commander, an older title in the series that was released on PC.

I absolutely love how Shinobido is one of those rare games where siding with an enemy faction to gain their trust and access to key VIPs, only to betray them at a later date, is an actual valid tactic.

For my contribution I present Shattered Galaxy, an abysmal MMORTS that consisted of swarms of players controlling 8 units a piece and smashing them into each-other until the autist with the highest-leveled guys won. No idea why I wasted so much time on it.

Naval Ops? I got both, It was really fun trying to cram as many guns on a ship and see it it could still function.

In higher res.
Forgot to spoiler

Yeah, it's my favourite RTS. The game gives you full control over everything. You can decide which job each citizen does, their names, where they live, if they marry or not, if they get children and so on. But while other games get overly complicated Northland still manages to have an intuitive, simple UI. On top of that it's great for LAN-partys (only one player needs the game) and it comes with a map editor, so you can create your own scenarios.

Thank you user.

This is what the new version looks like

her in the whole dress is clearly the most lewd.

Just Grandma and Me

This is like quake duke 3d and the nutshack had an orgy and this was the result. Pretty good tbh. It's also free you should check it out.

i post this shit in every one of these threads and still have nobody to talk to about it

I don't think you'll ever be the only one to play an anime liscensed game here. Even if it's shit.

Okay, sounds amazing
Even better

What the fuck?

Sure rings mine. What a mess but I loved it back then.

I remember that game! It was based on a fucking awful show, but the game surpasses it's source material.

To be fair, there was some strategy with some of the weapons on units. Like the Fusion Cannon on a group of Condors being capable of instagibbing or severely damaging a bunch of other air units. The Eagle had AtG missiles that completely ignored armor, the arbalests had nukes, the Sappers had mines, and much more than that. Also, you didn't mention the kickass battle music.

It's still up you gays but nobody has IE or Shockwave installed anymore, also that tank game.
maidmarian.com/MOONBASE.htm
maidmarian.com/tank.htm

Anyone ever played Scared?
brackeen.com/scared/

maybe that bit about the nutshack was a bit too far fetched

CAN'T PLACE THAT THERE M'LORD

nice

It's a shame I never managed to play this with another person.
There's a whole layer of diplomacy to it: you can promise you won't firebomb someone but the game never forbids you from breaking that promise. Instead, if you break a deal made with another player, they can sue your ass for thousands of dollars. Just firebomb their legal departments, steamroll them with your own lawyers and carry on.
The A.I. is really easy to beat too with the secret being, hilarious, marketing, which this game had none. Fuck, the book saw more coverage than the game.

Pandora Saga
I remember when Steam was just starting to add free to play shit, and this was on it. Free mount when you hit level 20 (by certain date). Got the mount, ran around a bit, and never touched it again.

Games like this do have a certain nip charm to them. Remind me of all the "mc plays an mmo" parts in visual novels/anime because they all look the exact fucking same (FF7).

I checked to see if the game was still around about a year ago but apparently it was canceled Feb 2014. Good bye, Maximvs. You were a fun character to play while you lasted.

Kart Rider (Nexon)

i remember that you could stand at the top of the earth if you set the gravity to minimum and used the jetpack to fly there

Drift City. Pretty fun. You got bonus points for driving on the wrong side of the road whether you were in a race or just driving around, which meant everyone, at all times, was driving on the wrong side of the road. Fun arcade racing. Graphics were nice and vibrant.

Rakion was a fun game. You had like 5 classes, each behaving uniquely differently from one another. Very pay to win. You could buy a fucking pet/npc thing that would clobber anyone, but few people actually payed. You could grind to level 5, but after that the leveling slowed down tremendously, and all the good gear was level 20+. Limited move set, but entirely action based. No press-and-wait-to-attack bullshit.

The game only seems to want to run on winXP even today unless you do some fuckery on windows 7. It's full of spics and SEA niggers because they're still playing on toasters.

Wolf Team Alpha. This shit played like 1.6, but you could turn into 3 different types of wolves for mobility and melee. Fun shit. Barely had any servers, and those few North American servers would have BRs flooding them causing massive lag. Cool concept.

How is it.

Forgot embed.

Fug I loved that game. It even got me started with linux for creating a server.

There was a gamenight for this back in May user, though it did seem like the vast majority of fags playing had never tried it before.

MY NIGGEEEEEEER
I've been searching for Sherwood goddamn forever, even posted in several nostalgia threads describing the game because i forgot the name. Spilled half my tea out when i saw this thread, thank you, finally. Now only one game remains i can't remember the name of.

Played this with a friend of mine in highschool, he got banned until the year 2036 or something because of botting kek.

Remember playing this with my cousin all day

Kek, my dad got super pissed when i played this on his work pc.

Favourite kurwa game

Oh fuck off. We all played Hamtaro.

And I loved Little Fighter.

Throwin' in my pile of obscures.

The second one was fun. Forgot what it was called though. Something about paintball.

My pic is Land of Devastation, an old door BBS game that had a graphical terminal.

"Wyvern"
More or less coded by a single guy "Rhialto", but early on it was a pseudo community project with people contributing art and maps which is why I was drawn to it. Basically was a graphical mud, coded in java with a shit ton of extensibility via jython scripts, allowing on the fly changes that was an unusual thing at the time. It was pretty fun honestly, especially with the ease of chatting with other players.. Really it was more like a chat client with a game attached. The community was basically self throttled due to the engine instability that occurred when more than 60 players at the time were on.
The biggest downside of the game was the fairly standard rules that in practice were kinda draconian because Rhialto was AWOL. Most games have a "no cheating" rules of some sort, but the problem with wyvern was there were a shiton of exploits that you could do on accident or on purpose. Not to mention there were all sorts of ways you could fuck with other players that were slowly removed or cracked down upon. Dealing with this leads to certain players endlessly whining like 12 year old leftists, which leads to mods increasing becoming authoritarian to put down the little shits. It was shit all around.

Over time Rhiatlo showed up less and less, and eventually went completely radio silent, doing nothing more than keeping the lights on. The "Wizards" (mods, basically) continued to add occasional content and kept the game from falling apart at the seems making the modification they could. Eventually the wizards got tired of enforcing various rules, but Rhialto even ignored direct requests to get rid of some of the bullshit. Finally the game went down over ten years ago and that would have been that.

Except there are some players who are fucking autists, and doxed Rhialto and pestered him for years about bringing back the game.

Then, not to long again Rhialto comes back and basically says "Hey, I lawyered up, burned a bunch of money and now completely own the game so it's coming back! By the way, the wizards that I ignored were terrible people for enforcing the rules I wrote for the game I control", receiving much applause.
He then proceeds to release a version for fucking ios, when the game was originally a PC game that used a keyboard (using the build in macro system is super important) and a mouse.

Basically this entire affair is a great example on how not to game dev.

He's since released an android build and is working on a steam build.
The ios version is currently down because the game started getting attacked by some spamming autist who hired a ddos service after managing to get banned in a game that no longer has mods, because there the server/network infrastructure was a hacked together clusterfuck and only the android version could be configured at this moment to do things properly with the infrastructure at hand. Keep in mind, this game still has like 100 players at a time max.

I don't hate Rhialto or anyone involved with this damn game, but fuck if I'm not continually surprised as how boneheaded everyone related to this can be.

Morty
Hey Morty
IM A FUCKING CHICKEN MORTY
CHICKEN RIIIIIIICK

"Crossfire" is an online rpg that was one of the games that inspired Wyvern's creation, and is itself inspired by nethack and ultima.
It was mostly created by scandinavian and american university students, and has managed to keep existing still.
The art has aged like sweaty balls because it started out as black and white 20x20 unix pixmaps, which where then
1. Given a single color
2. Given multiple colors
3. Redone to mimick that horrible slanted projection that the later ultimas use
4. Poorly up sized to 32x32 with a script
5. Had awful gradients to across everything to further mimick ultima.
This is also how you don't fucking game dev.

Despite all that, the game was playable and fun back when the DirectX client still worked (only windows 2000 or earlier) years ago and the game actually had players. The GTK client is fucking bullshit and a classic example of unix/linux programmers failing to understand how to make a user interface. If the client and art were fixed, the game wouldn't be the ghost it is today. May be for the best, as the netcode and security is straight out of 1990.

The guy that made the DirectX client fucked off and did an isometric fork called daimonin, which honestly I didn't care for.

now that's a blast from the past

Ayy is there a english download link of it? This game has some comfy music.

Project Gorgon
Quest 64

Does anyone else remember NEStalgia?

Never did beat Quest 64. Same with another N64 game no one else ever played: Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage.

I beat it way back when I was a kid. I went back to play it 10 years later and dont know how my child brain mapped out those controls.

Mars Explorer

Commander wasn't as good as the others, the novelty of having a fleet wore off kinda quickly especially with the reduced customization options.

Imperialism 2 was a pretty strange and incomplete 4x but it had a really nice aesthetic.

I got to the desert as a kid but progression and exploration was just too slow for me.

It's a shittier version of SOTS. You design ships and take over planets.
Best strategy was to get dozens of the stealth fighter and load it up with shockwave bombs.

I played silkroad a lot because it was one of the games my friend conned me into playing, but I ended up enjoying it.
never really played much after the yurps got put in though

was this made in byond or something like that? byond games have this exact layout and look

anyway, any of you honkies play these? I played tons of shitty mmos but these I remember well

I have yet to find anyone else who has played this

Does anyone remember that one 3D “Stronghold” game you could play on the web? It had you controlling three archers stationed on cascading walls and you’d have to arch the shots to kill the incoming enemies. If they got close, you could pour a cauldron of hot oil on them

There are 2 Darkeden servers (one pre Oust/fairies, one post Oust/fairies) on the game&game site, along with other old mmos

I played that shit, then found out about SOLDAT like everyone else did and never looked back.

problem was hackers and how they never fixed it, people got tired and left

bump

Nah, I played it, really fucking fun, shame it's gone forever now.

AND IT'S DEAD

Escaping the road boundaries with a group was the best.

I only play patrician games, sorry, nothing personal Holla Forums

No, it was just a simple interface. Everything was done with a keyboard, using built in macros to chain commands so there were no buttons to push at first. Later versions had an optional bar at the top. Oddly enough, there was even a pocket PC version of the client, which was impressive but pointless since that's a terrible way to play the game, especially because of the severe death penalties.

The other pic is apparently what it looks like now.

Survival Crisis Z

I'm not a big fan of zombie games honestly, but this was kinda fun for a bit.

Battleships Forever. I'm not sure how well known this one was, but it faded into obscurity after being abandoned by the dev, though the community was able to make a few patches and hold on for a stupid long time.

Even as a kid I realized how terrible the ebonics in that game were.

Ayyy so you be sayin'

behold, a woman in the form of a fox beast. strike twice the labels of Z or R and flourish thy vessel as that of a rolling barrel. i jest! she would surely ground herself amongst the broadside of a mountain as she is not permitted to command a steel hawks flight.

thy revelations are that of a sewer king. portraying that of a charcoal'd man the point was just.

my black people

played it a ton in the day, but only played on some private server called pandora mu I think

It was pretty much grinding and resets, but I loved it back then for some reason

Pic related for game only I played - Conquer online

we wuz shitposter kangzs n shieeet

I'm just gonna leave this fever dream here. It's like if somebody made a game out of the banana peel meme.

I've played the third but I sure as hell can't remember what it was called. Far too long ago.