PC focused singleplayer shooters

Was S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat the last decently sized singleplayer PC shooter?
It seems that after Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 and the financial crisis that every FPS is a dumbed down mediocre piece of shit aside from more Simlike niche experiences it really saddens me to see things going this way, not only that but singleplayer experiences themselves on AAA seem to be dying.
Christ, the latest best singleplayer FPS with actual ambition was a fucking HL2 mod made by a couple of autists in 2013.

Its fucking depressing especially after remembering the top tier shit and variety we had for a decade and a half.
Now its been another decade and everything remains the same aside from the aforementioned more niche releases.

I listen to F.E.A.Rs theme and always shed tears at what we lost.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Flduv46BT78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Technically Deus Ex Mankind Divided fits the bill, but it was a shit game.
The age of singleplayer games isn't diminishing, though. Maybe for FPS, yes. Remember that we got Nier Automata, Cuphead, Hat in Time, Persona 5, and a few (crappy) musous this year. All-in-all, singleplayer games have far exceeded the quality of multiplayer games in this year alone.

And my intellect far exceeds a 16th century farmer.

The age of singleplayer games isn't diminishing, though.
I especified FPS and the as a whole, AAA, for a reason user.

I'm sure a singleplayer FPS we aren't aware of is being developed as we speak.
There is a first person action game called Kingdom Come: Deliverance or something like that which is in the works. It's not a shooter, but it's close.

Kingdom Come is nothing like an FPS.
Closest I can see right now is Witchfire.

battleborne :^)

(checked)
He was referring to the backwater Slavic serf or typical rural Anglo but I get what you're saying, reliance on technology is the death knell of civilization and life in the modern city is a place where all is consumed and nothing is produced, it's how cattle live not how people should live. City folk on average are all depraved and soulless bugmen who've lived their lives cushy and emasculated within the confines of a breathing toxic machine that they work for and never working for themselves.

Small comfy towns look extremely different from what they were not even 5 years ago with how much they're modernizing to where they're just cities without skyscrapers & renovating every foot of nature into concrete and glass.

No. Take your soppy crash cirklejerk and fuck off.

Metro Last Light was good inb4 autism about accuracy to the source material

What did he mean by this?

I can't think of much else that's good since E.Y.E. unless you count Devil Daggers, really goes to show what state the genre is in.

What's with this meme that the Campaign was anything but average? It wasn't bad, but listing it as "a worthwhile single player FPS" is way off the mark. You might as well list modern CoD games at the same time as it was on par with them.

Stalker games aren't shooters. They're open world RPGs with shooting gameplay. A shooter is a game where the primary focus is shooting.

Now THIS is autism.

Just installed CoC. Gibe mods!

FPS games got trashed by the console. When consoles became the lead platforms they lowered the movement speed to fit them. It's basically fucked.

Open world FPS is pretty hard to do well so those games are rare which sucks. Far cry's aren't bad but they're Triple A and all that entails.

stalker is love letter to horror
it has RPG elements
it has """Realistic""" Combat Simulation elements

Factions alone don't make a RPG.

shut your pie hole

YIFFE

suck the furry dick internet tough guy

We got a hothead over here!

bioshock infinite.
You are welcome

Was getting caught part of your plan?

You're even worse than the furfag. Sage for doublepostan.

lol

i think you mean Bioshock 1 and 2, Infinite doesnt even have open levels anymore

I pity your shit taste, but I get it, only smart gamers can truly enjoy it

You know I really disslike this approach of "countryside good" "cities bad" that people seem to have. I have lived in the country, near a small town for my entire life and I can telll you that it's one of the most boring and unpleasant environments to live in, filled with people who on one hand suffer from a weird complex where they desperately try to prove to themselves that they are just as good as the cities instead of understanding thata they are their own thing, and on the other they are completely detached from the present. Living in the countryside sucks, there is nowhere to go, everything is far away in a bigger city 50 kilometers from you and it just feels like a suffocating experience. I'm not saying that it doesn't have it's pros, but it always seems to me that every time that people talk about countryside they idealize the experience even though it can feel like a fucking nightmare.

All the places "to go" in a city are just cash drains. Bars, clubs, the movie theater, endless shopping. What can you DO in a city that doesn't involve your wallet? You can't even park your car at your destination without paying. Are you going to those places to have private fun with close friends, or just trying to find hookups with randoms who are there at the same time? That's the point of people who argue that country is better. City life is like the zenith of normalfaggotry and wage slavery. To enjoy the country you either have to be a loner who can make his own fun, or get along with the rednecks and hang out with them doing stupid shit. And you don't have to live in the literal middle of nowhere, I'm only 10 miles away from a small city with all the shopping I could possibly need. UPS and Fedex can drag their asses to my doorstep if I need some niche shit that isn't available locally. The only thing I've ever seen in a city that made me think "fuck I'd like to live near this" is a Micro Center near Baltimore and the Nintendo store in NYC. But I don't like those things enough to pay overpriced rent for an unmaintained shithole apartment that I'll never own, surrounded by niggers and required to have "street smarts" to avoid being shot by said niggers. In the country I have a dirt-cheap mortgage, I can make improvements to my house, I can work on my car in the driveway without some cunt calling a homeowners' association or some coon stealing my new carburetor, and packages can sit on my doorstep for a week without any passerby jumping out of their car and taking them.
Here's what I do for fun.
- practice rally driving on unpopulated, unpoliced dirt roads
- have bonfires with people I know
- murder wildlife and make delicious jerky and smoked meats from it
- mostly stay the fuck indoors and play vidya just like you
People say there's nothing to do around here but drink and fuck, but isn't that what people do in the city too? Except it costs more there.

Also, there's a reason city people are always liberals- they're raised in that environment with a mentality of paying someone else to fix your problems instead of figuring shit out for yourself. Pay a mechanic. Pay a plumber. Pay a taxi. Pay a restaurant. Pay extra for organic stuff because the news told you GMOs are evil. Pay a club $6 for a 12oz beer because society told you it's weird to buy a 30-pack at the grocery store and drink it alone. Then after city people having their wallets sucked dry by paying for services they could learn to do themselves and making bad financial decisions informed by the jew, they screech about how capitalism is the source of all evil and cultural marxism is the future.
Country people have practical skills and know how to save money and live modest lifestyles, which is why they believe in some level of meritocracy and lean politically right.

The reason why cities are as bad as they are is because they're full of people like you. That's what makes the country superior. All the people like you leave.

I almost forgot this bit in my big rant, but this is blatantly false and I don't believe you lived in the country. If you did, you didn't interact with people ever and that's why you hated it. Country people do their own thing almost exclusively and aren't even AWARE of how city people live their lives. They have nothing to prove, they chose to be there and usually can't even comprehend why someone would want to live in a city. If you try to take one out to some fancy place with all kinds of customs that city dwellers take for granted, it's like a scene from Crocodile Dundee, if they even agree to go at all.

I like you. We should hang out. We can shoot us a squirrel and make it into an ona hole for grand papies' birthday.

Don't listen to ^that normalfag. I live in countryside too. There is plenty of shit to do, especially if you own a farm, or even just a small patch of land to build your garden in.
I lived in a city for four years due to uni, and those were some of the worst years of my life. From my perspective there was nothing to do in the city, unless you particularly enjoy clubs/bars or some gay "artsy" events. You can't even have a walk without being surrounded by a bunch of people.
When you have a farm there's always shit to do, you can't lay down, sulk and be depressed, because there are living things depending on you to get off your ass and feed them. And you get a good balance of physical work outdoors and vidya which goes out the window during summer, when you are so tired that you can only drop in bed and pass out, so you can't become an obese cunt.
Basically is right and said it better.

I don't live in USA user, I live in Poland, the culture is a bit different in here, probably should have specified that.

But bro what about when I need milk at 3am and no where is open?

Or when my neighbours chickens make a noise at sun rise and I throw a shit fit?

Living way out in the countryside where your neighbors are at least 10 miles away is something I have always wanted after having to live in burb and a metro city for so long. Besides user, wouldn't you rather be drinking well water and preparing food made from your own animals and plants?

Countryside with electricity and wifi is most comfy.

There's some decent things to look forward to, though I agree FPSes are obviously not what they used to be.

I think people here try to glorify countryside living a bit too much because cities tend to be liberal hellholes. The grass is always greener dude, that goes for both city and country life. Living in a medium size town that has all the shit you need with barely any of the city cons is pretty decent. Though housing is mad expensive anyway because of this shithole country, so you're fucked wherever you go.

That's something I'm jealous of, you muricans have cheap fucking land.

Countryside is best side

Maybe I will, what then faggot

Sounds like a regional/personal problem, Slavs in general who aren't nationalistic or bumfuck gopniks have inferiority complexes as being seen as backwards compared to their snooty and holier-than-thou western European counterparts. I'm Armenian and I've lived in small towns for most of my life and whenever I stayed in America, in the big cities, I wanted to get the fuck out especially Los Angelas. As everyone else said there was nothing to fucking do except sit inside and serve society through money, bullshit societal standards, and vapid entertainment, it's a life where nothing is expressed because you're usually physically inactive or worrying about your job/school that there is never any time for yourself. This rootlessness and lack of personality allows for easy subversion by jews in college campuses and media making city grounds the breeding grounds and cultural hubs of leftist cancer. Country living is admittedly over-idealized on here but it's at least 30 times better than living in a city especially a western city.

Mecha Ritz is a pretty nice singleplayer PC shooter released in 2016.

i feel you bro, 130k people town in poland here, lived in 3 mil one for 4 years got the fuck back

Can confirm with user about cities. Living in a city is fucking boring and shit. The only places to go are shit fucking bars, clubs, shitty movies, and shitty shopping. Although where I lived this used to be all mountains and farm, but at the end of the day you had something to do. Now it's a small city and there's nothing to do, nowhere to go too. Countries are better than living in a leftist hell hole.

General lack of moral is quite the problem with slavs. I see it in my country as well. Most youth just opts to leave. In fact the immigration out has been so massive that I think are one of the fastest declining nations number wise. Some say that the current population and the ones living abroad are almost equal.

mfw

Knowing I'm not alone is nice.

I don't understand Gondola. why did it replace spurdo? Spurdo was funny, gondolas are just nearly still images with music in the background. Why do people put so much effort into it.

yiff in hell furfag

Because Gondola is pretentious as fuck and the Pluto to Spurdo's Goofy, he's the meme equivalent of those chillwave study beat playlists on YouTube that are nujabes rip-offs and mask their dullness with lo-fi deep and soothing. There was some Scandinavian mythology about a slender armless man however so it's also because of memetics.

Hey hitler, I bet you already know that an average man had a 17 hour work week before the industrial revolution, that amount of work allowed to reliably provide for his family too, but i feel like pointing that out for others.

It's because all intellectual elites were murdered, 80% of the media is owned by foreigners who use shame-based indoctrination meant to make the natives feel less valuable and insecure allowing for easier control through shame.
Stop reading (((wyborcza)))

Another thread successfully derailed :^)
Though, I do like seeing the discussion going on.

Everything in life is a cash drain unless you live as a vagrant.

And how the hell STALKER attracted furries in first place?

If you're willing to go back further, Far Cry 2 as well.
AT LAST I TRULY SEE

He didn't. He's a branch of spurdo. Kind of his own thing.

far crys were alright

Roadside Picnic, the novel, had the protagonist get a daughter with a tail and monkey fur due to his exposure to the Zone. I imagine furries masturbate at the thought of going there and being transformed themselves.

The first one was released in the 2004 you idiot.
That was the only PC focused one

Furries colonizing virtually every fandom is one of the main reasons people hate them; they don't create a goddamn thing and instead just project their disgusting mental illness onto whatever bits of pop culture pique their interest.

This is an issue that wasn't present two decades ago when they actually made decent content and their own media.

For shame

Yes? You can co-op, but it's fully optional.
Warframe is the best single player shooter out there.

???

Its a shitty grindfest with no actual effort involved.

You do put effort into it user. Well more like you sacrifice a part of your soul.and money

This is an " argument" I never understood.
All you do in Quake is run around and kill mobs.
All you do in Warframe is run around and kill mobs. Except WF has more guns, more mobs, fun movement mechanics, and different characters with different abilities.
But nobody calls Quake a grindfest, even if everything on the base line is the same.

This is what a battered wife sounds like.

started playing Dusk, holy shit
youtube.com/watch?v=Flduv46BT78

You don't belong here.

Explain the differences then.

Quake has good level and enemy design, the weapon selection is fun and varied, the multiplayer was (and still is, depending on who you ask) timeless with an incredibly high skill ceiling, and considering how many years the Quake community has been active releasing mods and new maps it is a testament to its staying power.

Warframe is a boring grindfest with no substance, the only reason it's even remotely popular is because some Frames look cool. It's a subpar third person shooter, with even worse melee gameplay, made by a bunch of hacks that have no idea what to do with it. The only reason it's as popular as it is because it's "free". Now kindly drink bleach.

Saw this live, my expectations were too low this took me by surprise.

Mobs are the same across all factions. They do such insignificant damage as a single unit this rendering their "special move" pointless. The game never evolves from a corridor shooter. You just run and shoot without even caring what happens. In fact mindless running helps you avoid damage. You played one level you played all of the game since its just reskining and adding numbers. Nothing else.

its a shitty grindfest with a completely inept devteam who cant even manage their community or even criticism

This

Reminder that the Cro-Magnons had larger brains than modern humans and were probably much more intelligent had they not race-mixed with lesser ancient humans like Neanderthals

As for games now who seem pretty decent , i'd say Dusk,the never Painkiller games,crysis 1/3 and to some extend Shadow warrior 2

Reminder that negroids are the only modern humans that don't have Neandertal DNA.

I'm not saying they were litruhly chimpanzees, but a bigger brain doesn't mean they were more intelligent, and we don't know the Neanderthals intelligence either.