Little things that you really enjoy in games

I really enjoy when Shopkeepers ask you to purchase your old gear, or even better, they already do the math and discount it off the new piece you're about to buy. This is good for RPGs where old gear is not really gonna be used again.

I also really enjoy when games allow you to mix powers, like in super metroid beams or Kirby 64.

When I can skip the tutorial.

The NPCs in Falcom games, all this world building for small characters is the good shit.

I like RPGs that let you skip battles with enemies who are several levels below you. Earthbound did this well, where you technically do still battle them, but without the fluff.

Cumming inside anime girls.

Nico nico niis

Beating midgets in God Hand.

Every scenario/detail being accounted for within in a game.

Sexy world maps with lots of stylistic icons

I still think MGS3 is the superior title, it tops even the first MGS

Perfect Dark did this perfectly

need some examples of this

When a town in an RPG changes due to an event in the story or chapter.
For example, it gets invaded by bad guys so NPCs are running away, you can fight the enemies in the village or town, and you interact more with the NPCs. This is especially good when the NPCs are well written and theres world building. SMRPG did a good job making mushroom kingdom being invaded by smithy on the first chapter. That makes the most out of a town hub or stage instead of being just a one and done stop.

When games put higher level monsters everywhere so you can be lvl 1 and find a lvl 50+ monster near.

This

This as well

Also

When you can examine everything in an RPG and there's a unique description for it or the protagonist makes a comment on it. It always makes the world feel so empty when the only things I can interact with are people and shit that's used to progress the story.

is pretty nice when they don't act like bastards for being given mercy a la deus ex, but my favorite by far

Attention to detail in the background/environment and subtle references to earlier works by the series or studio.

this in conjunction with a main character that doesn't act like they've been in a coma for the last decade. When they talk in a conversation they make reference to events and places that you might not know about yourself, forcing you to do some research.

It really makes you feel like you're in a believable world since you rarely meet people that don't know a military is or what the bible is for.

Idle animations, multiple idle animations, and idle animations dependent on the currently equipped weapon/costume worn. Mcgee's Alice did this pretty well.

Squaresoft did this so well
and Earthbound

Even better when enemies shit themselves and run away as you come closer if you are a much higher level than them

When your rival has the same gameplay power as you do.

Running after a low health enemy is pretty boring. Even worse when that means aggroing others.

I bet there isn't a single game that does this.

if only mgsv was as detailed as ground zeroes

I really liked the effects of the super mutant invasion in Fallout. Just when you thought this hellscape couldn't get any shittier…

>you fight all your party members for godhood at the end as all alliances are forgotten
>if you lose the game allows you to talk to the NPCs and they all say "well i guess you're a bitch nigger, bask in your failure faggot"
Gave me conflicting feelings.

I don't understand why so few games do this, it's such a great detail.

The tutorial is not important to understand the story.
Yeah, I have already played games like this. No I would not like to play the tutorial. Yes I would still like to get the full story out of this game.

Interestingly ArmA has this. In some circumstances a large AI group will retreat into cover once like half their guys have been killed and they have no way to strike back.

That reminds me.

Peace Walker

When they add in panties under the skirt, instead of a black hole or spats.

Bonus if they're cursing in Russian.
It makes firefights much more satisfying. Soldiers curse at their enemies during close quarters engagements. They don't stay silent or fully relaxed.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I agree.
Cartoon games are legitimately fun, this one in particular is my favorite.

Something similar is true in ArmA3 main campaign. You can go out of your moderate rebel camp and attack enemy positions to find ammo, supplies, weapons, equipment etc, which you can then use in the missions as you see fit. You will never run out of the essentials though, which makes the entire looting thing kind of unnecessary.
It's fucking satisfying though.

Why don't they all do this?

It takes actual effort.

When the tutorial is the best level in the game

Also the tutorial is has different lines depending on what console or PC you play it on.

Deus Ex.

Hasn't stopped NRS. Though, they do re-use a bunch of voice lines for different intros.

Undisciplined soldiers do this, you mean.

Arma 3 is different but fun with its more sandboxy structure. I like it too. However Operation Flashpoint captured the feeling of a desperate few struggling against a world superpower quite well.

I dunno about that. Hollering at your enemy unnerves the shit out of them.

Post more Alice.

When you play a ridiculous amounts of hours and the game acknowledges it
Smash Bros does it.

I find is super satisfying when games with stat progression that really let you see those stats progress. for example;

vs
vs
vs

I remember being some sort of american army guy that gets sent into Not-eastern europe and then eventually his entire division gets fucked and then having to slowly crawl through enemy lines to get to an extraction point.

ENEMY TANK TWELVE O CLOCK

Deus Ex did an alright job of this one, but unfortunately, plot-critical NPCs are unkillable…

Usually.

Some examples of killable NPCs:

Oh right, it's also worth noting that even unkillable NPCs actually act like real people when you shoot them. They bleed and flinch like normal, military personnel will start shooting back, civilians will run away. That doesn't really explain why they continue to be friendly with you in dialogue, but it's still a point in the game's favor.

I always loved this about the Wargame series.

Great fun, until you realize you wanted to loot his body and/or gun. Unfortunately the body is now pinned to the unreachable building and the gun went physics-bouncing off to anywhere but where you look for it.

Let's not forget "Paul dies if you exit through a window even though you went through everything to make sure he survives because of poor programming". You can kill a man without even trying to.

the graphics

I love it when NPCs are highly interactable and have lots of hidden dialogue for you to discover. It makes them feel far more realistic and interesting than boring NPCs with few lines.

Or better yet

here you go

When it actually lets me look under skirts/dresses and its not a black void.

When you can disarm the enemy and they surrender to you. Bonus if they reach for nearby weapons when you're not looking.
Pretty sure you could do this in Jedi Academy by Force Choking guys until they dropped their weapons.

Building onto that, I was always a bit disappointed that the enemies in SWAT 4, once they were in their "surrender state" on their knees with their arms in the air, never ever got back up again or tried to reach for guns when you ignored them for too long. Also a shame that their buddies never free them when they come across them.

when perception is a player skill instead of a character stat

He's working on it.

I hope you're not lying, user.

Have a look at his JewTube.

>>14061403
It's called Alice Asylum currently I think.

Wish old rpg and even some new ones still don't bother with changing it at all and only do it for their weapons.

I don't like the art style, it's too "girly" compared to the prior two and EA will gimp it in some way or another, knock on wood.

Ass physics

All your threads are shit.
Stop posting.

shit I would play a game with that setting

I need to check this game out apparently, because that's one of the things I love seeing in games too. Conker is the obvious example of that although they're kind of silly.

Similarly, Dungeon Keeper 2 berating you for playing the game late.

Which game?

Only higher levels of force choke, and you just have to tap it on them. Pull can disarm too at higher levels, which gets stupid at level 3.

Wish Castlevania games did this. Wedding dress!

He's thinking of the game's expansion, Resistance

I normally don't enable javascript to post multiple images, but your refined taste has conviced me.

Monkey's paw situation, though when Mcgee did his Q&A here he did say the reason Madness Returns was unfinished was because they ran out of time rather than the usual EA meddling that everyone else suspected. At the least the third game will provide me closure with the series since Mcgee always said he envisioned the Alice games as a trilogy.

Each weapon that Alice has in the first game has a collection of a few unique idle animations with a total of 10(?) weapons. I don't remember if Madness Returns had as many idle animations.

I also love it when your weapons/abilities/attacks visually change as an indication of how your character grows stronger over the course of the game. Nier 1 did this for all of its magic attacks and when you upgraded the weapons. Unfortunately I lost my gallery of the weapon changes as you upgraded them and I am currently a third of the way through rebuilding it since the grind is really high.

So you just go from a normal bow & arrow to a ballista and then to a rocket launcher?

Is Alice Alice's friend?

Being able to pick up almost anything in the environment, including enemies, with telekinesis, the force or anything like that and use it it against them.

Dude, you almost had the last AHG, I was rooting for you in the end.

piscandi

Honestly convinced only subhumans and soyboys dislike fishing minigames

Nominated for the latest one. Shit's going to handle there for first week of 2018, worth a risk.

NRS are the only studio which actually put in the production work into fighting games that aren't just anime.

F, always thought it would be me.

titty physics

myfuckingdick.jpg

Let's not forget:

do this thing that's required for the game to continue?

& then you get 100 increasingly angry responses when you keep choosing "no". Anything where you do the opposite of what the game wants & get a funny outcome really.

There's a Doraemon game on the famicom where you can get a game over within the first minute like this if you keep pressing no.

Can anyone recommend me something with moments like this? I like fucking with NPCs. here, have a webm.

Was that guard talking about MGS2?

He's talking about the first Splinter Cell.

Dream Team did this with Antasma and Bowser

What type of fucking bullshit is this.

I fail to see the issue

Why such a small resolution?

Because the next size bump from 8mb was 9mb.

I don't remember that bump up at all. I only remember the 5, 8, 12, and 16MB limits. Then again I don't really browse the webm threads.

I have been bugging Wheels and then Ronnie the Rat to raise it to 22mbs forever. I could dump my entire LN collection if he finally followed through.

I never can remember anything specifically when put on the spot. But these template threads always have cute anime reaction images and that are supper comfy.

and

When they thank you for playing the game after the credits. Its a simple thing and its a shame I see it in less and less games these days.

I can't sit through a game's credit sequence anymore, let alone actually get to it, because they're just too long and uneventful. I want more credits like Smash Bros.

Fag

Metro 2033 comes close

When there's no tutorial.

There's nothing gayer than wanting to fuck a woman.

Why is Kat such a slut?

Dawn of Sorrow was nice, yes.

I have a few.

Some others:

Because that gets people off. And it boosts sales.

Basically This.
This says alot when a developer or team places that gratitude of you having to sit through the the said challenges in this game.

I like letting the credits play out in the background after finishing a story heavy game, as some time to reflect on what the game was.
>Yakuza Kiwami's credit was fucking Amazing Grace
Caught me off-guard and made me laugh.

There's few things I enjoy more than turning the screws on a game economy, weather it's finding the staples to make cash reliably (I've been selling sofas/furniture in my current Rimworld run for so long I'm paving the floors with silver) or full-on game raping exploits the most egregious being Skyrim's enchanted iron dagger or potion bullshit where you drain the funds of every fucker you meet with ridiculous, yet still shit, items you've cobbled together because the game is broken without you even trying to meddle.

Why would you do that? You aren't even the BO. What investment do you have on the board?

Get back to your board. I nominated it in the last Attention-Hungry Games hoping you would come back.

Well, base Skyrim anyway. And why even bother with base Skyrim?

Why even bother with Skyrim at all?
Are you unaware of the existence of Morrowind or something? OpenMW is probably the best modding platform that a Bethesda game will ever be associated with and the mods that existed before it are both much more numerous and superior to Skyrim's. Even modded Oblivion is better than Skyrim, fuck's sake.

I call this dynamic talking because that's what I call it.

Another aspect of video games that I really love that is also somewhat related to idle animations is little superfluous/flavor/bonus animations like head patting/touching that bring a little life to the characters in the game. Like Kat's lounging animations when she is in her home in Gravity Rush or the cute little slap she gives to the precious gem machines when you activate the challenge missions.

Hit post too early. But speaking of Gravity Rush being able to modify your base/town/city as you fix broken aspects, rennovate old buildings, and just doing general repairs and slowly seeing the fruits of your labors pan out as NPCs begin to fill once empty places and the general class of the population changes from poor country village to a high class villa is amazing. This alone is enough to keep me playing otherwise mediocre to bad games like Assassins Creed 2 when they have this feature.

I'm not the BO but a revival of /alice/ would be great. As more news and info about Alice Asylum comes out it'll be possile to bring back life into it.

Playable sections during the credit sequences are fantastic. Really loved them in Nier Automata and Bayonetta.

This is supremely comfy.

the first time I played that part, I beat the boss and the game ended, so I thought that's all there was to the game. Little did I know that I had only gotten through about 20% of the game - I found that out about 5 years later.

I want to make a gaem like this now

There is a sequel but it's only animation, no gameplay, now that Alice has conquered her Wonderland she starts exploring the Wonderlands ofother people people like Charles Dickens or similarly famous ones a, it was a kickstarter though.

There's an actual mirror double boss in Portrait of Ruin that copies your loadout so it's as easy or hard as you want it to be. In Dawn, Dmitrii just equips whatever soul powers you attack him with, and you want to get rid of the one he starts with as jumping over Malachi death balls is no easy feat.

Ace Combat 4

You know it wouldn't even be that complex a mechanic. Mostly you'd just need the game keeping track of how long you've gone/how many kills you've made without getting spotted.

Anime is just a poor substitute for the beauty of the universe.

An unwashed hog is just a superior substitute for the beauty of your mother.

that the best you got weebfag?

I don't talk to goons.

You scared boi?

5x2 American dollars.

Its weird because she didn't get shot :^)

When the credits are rolling and in the background the game is still playable.
STEEL A SOUL FOR A SECOND CHANCE

I thought you didn't talk to "goons".

Here's a good one.

REALISTIC
FUCKING
COLLISION MESHES

I can't stand it when I try to shoot through a fence or around a corner and an invisible force field blocks my bullets. Worst example of this is the 3D fallout games, best example of good collision mesh is the Metal Gear series.

Even telling you that you were a goon was talking to a goon, so I'm glad you eventually got that. It took longer than it should have, but that's what I get for talking to goons.

You're a mess, have a healthy relationship with anime or go back to /r9k/ and stay off Holla Forums

it's always really fun and interesting to hear from the creative talent behind the games. it gives a much more personal and down-to-earth perspective on the game compared to the marketing drivel that gets pushed everywhere else

wew this strawmanning

How about little things that make you sweat?

good vistas during walking parts of a mission

what nightmare is this?

wait, that's not a game, that's life.

Underrated post

Alright this time with game examples

These things upset SJWs and amuse me

Slightly related.

in that case you should specify you like it straight, I mean all degeneracy is acceptable for socjust

Straight up dick in pussy women objectification, like grandpa used to

When you can tame the wild life and make them fight for you.

I want a fully functional eco system where I can capture all the foxes so the rabbits get out of hand and start to kill the vegetation sort of thing.

I had a healthy relationship with your sexy lil sis.

When the game uses transvestites/manly men dressed as women as joke/gags/humor, like in Persona 5

Triggers the SJW

not only that, but the only people this stupid are paid to be as such.

Like tit mountains.

As long as they're not forced I love em'
*Obligatory Big The Cat joke*

The way that Sonic Battle handled changing your colors was atrocious though.
What were they thinking?

I know that feel user

Big the Cat in SA was perfectly fine and only had some issues introduced in ports and remakes*
*Remake is actually just a port of a port with higher rendering options and minor asset updates

I TOLD YOU TO STOP USING THAT PHOTO YOU FAGGOT
I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU MICHAEL

When you're not the focal point of the tbs game. Like the earlier ROTK games, where everything was solely forcused on the player, and other people could outstrip you for advancement and promotions to viceroy and such.

Command & Conquer Renegade

Mmm… let's see…
-Character model viewer
-The option to listen to the game's OST in the menu
-When you can pause the cutscenes instead of skipping them when you press start
-No niggers to be seen
-Unlockables
- When you can choose voice language and subs language separately
-the multiplayer is local
-artwork/video gallery
-when the game is actually complete, and the developers aren't trying to sell as DLC what was suppoed to be there to begin with
-There's no censorship ala NetherRealm
-when you replay the game, the enemies don't respawn in the same places at the same time
-When the developers are not trying to push any political agenda and they just want to make a fun game

Would you happen to have a torrent?

WHY.

How? That cannon has some serious HP on it.

Looks like someone got tricked. png is the best image file format. Jpegs lose quality much faster.

It's nice when a game adds in animations for food items like eating or drinking instead of your health just increasing.

It's also nice when games just have shit going on in the background that you can choose whether or not to participate in, like people getting mugged or whatever.

why would i want to get mugged?

Weapons and armor camos.

The same way you destroy every other structure, you go inside and destroy the terminal which has like 10% of the hp that the outside structure has. 1 C4 was enough iirc

New Vegas.

MEh. I hate shit scaling.

I guess it feels a bit more rewarding since it's technically awarding you shit for playing the game, the fact they're random drops sucks though, nothing to say there.

Ni No Kuni had this in abundance.

Fallout 1/2/NV, Morrowind, Vampire Masquerade, Witcher 3, pretty much every CRPG written by Chris Avellone.

Why is that unfortunate?

Do you realize how development works, and how much they'd have to compromise if you were able to kill everyone in the UNATCO HQ for example?

see

Because All of the games in did that just fine.

Clearly you don't know how development works because CRPG devs have done it just fine over 2 decades ago

Meant to quote to

Morrowind simply handles it by artificially shutting off the MQ to you. It adds nothing to the game as a whole. The Witcher 3 does not allow you to kill plot-essential characters, nor do all of Avellone's CRPGs either (in fact most of them don't).

You need to understand that this is autism, and it is bad for video games because it's the sort of thing ullililia would want. The death of an autist is a beautiful thing.

I like how morrowind does it.
I want to do a genocide run as a notorious criminal who doesn't care if he's caught

I was refering to games like ass creed or gta where an npc gets mugged and you can catch the mugger or just ignore it and go about your business. It shows that the world is alive and you aren't just walking around empty geometry trying to complete the story.

To struggle and overcome and maybe have some side story element.

Destroying the Shore Defense Cannon is easy. Just spam Rocket Launcher rounds at it, or put an Ion Cannon Beacon in it.

The cannon doesn't have a Master Control Terminal you dumb nigger.

Are you sure? I remember being able to go inside

Wait a minute no, there was something else in there

But hey, you can still view them on YouTube including Bob's weird dream sequence where it looks like Dot Matrix is going to make out with Hexadecimal at 6:55.

Advanced dismemberment mechanics. Chopping off a limb off an enemy doesn't kill them immediately, but instead cripples them in a specific way, like necromorphs in Dead Space. Makes going for the legs so much more satisfying.

fighting game
other games

>female character is a moody goth

I swear I actually tried the MCT and it wasn't taking a lot of damage. The ion cannon did work but who'd want to expend that instead of murdering the nearby SAMs? This game is probably due for a fresh playthrough, it's kind of nifty.

Sounds pretty cool, and again, what game?

Remember when Tales of games used to be good?

I think you would like Life Is Strange

Not so much credits, but related.

Yeah but why put effort into making all that when you can just sell it as overpriced DLC

DLC has ruined games in more ways than you'd think

This was always hilarious to do in 007: Nightfire.

The second part isn't even needed sometimes.
Tiny emotional bits are what bring stories and characters to life.
I want a game that has a ring with zero uses but is worth a decent decent at the beginning of the game so as to avoid being game breaking sum of money.
But when you sell it there's a cut scene with the character being sad about giving it up.

There's some game where this exact thing happens but it isn't really cutscene and I can't think of the name right now. I want to say it was something recent, too.

It's a common one, but games where combat and action are punctuated with comfortable, easy going sequences - e.g. towns - where plot is expanded up and characters are developed. Final Fantasy VII and Tales of Vesperia come to mind.

This same principle can apply to games like RE with the "safe rooms".

Games which don't break up action like this (Doom 3, FF13) are exhausting slogs.

I cracked a smile when I realised why I couldn't accept a contract to track down a hacker. They knew it was me, they just didn't have any evidence to get the feds up my ass.

Could be the Pendant in Dark Souls. It's a completely useless item that a lot of people were initially tricked into thinking there was a secret to it by the Games Director, as to get people into the spirit of the game. you can get more than one via a Covenant reward, and it's worth 1,000 souls if you feed it to Frampt.

I remember specifically it was a shield and it belonged to the husband/brother/something of your tanky character and it gets replaced really quick. One of the first things you need to do is get some money and it's one of the first things you can sell for decent cash but it will piss her off. Maybe it was Dragon Age 2? That sounds right but I don't see them paying that much attention to detail.

I didn't play much of Dark Souls but the idea is that the item means something to the character, not just that it appears useless to the player.

I think it was Dragon Age 2. The elf is mad when you sell her dead husband's shield.
I think it was early enough in the game that the DA:O team was still working on making it an actual game instead of a stop-gap or whatever they called it.

I just think that there should be tiny bits in the game that aren't relevant from a stats/key items /end game standpoint and more flavor/character building.
Sadly it seems like that is less of a focus in recent offerings. Got to fight the world ending baddie with the biggest sword ever forged out of the moon. Can't just have some dude from a small village wanting to explore the world that holds onto his wooden sword because it means shit to him.

Man, that 3DS resolution…

The pendant can mean something to the character if you want it to, with you being able to choose it as a starting gift. Maybe the only reason you didn't completely lose your sanity when you went hollow is because you still had some fragile hope that you could get out yourself and see your family again.

went hollow in the asylum*

There is only one NPC whose death prevents you from completing the MQ, Yagrum Bagarn. Have you seriously never heard of the back path?

>it was done cool little touch and is by no means the focus of game, on top of this it is also does it with some subtlety instead of thinking that having characters outright state they are in a game is clever writing

>it's not some bullshit where the game is designed around facilitating one, you actually feel like you're rebelling against a game which was designed around you killing your enemies

>it's not some harebrained theory that stupid youtubers came up with, some of the details that had been dropped makes it apparent that its actually canon and developers intended the observant player to figure it out

Undertale