The legend of zelda thread

If breath of the wild is supposed to be more open world like the first game, does that mean the next game will be like the second game? will we ever get a side scrolling Zelda game again? will they keep going with breath of the wilds formula until it runs dry?

Most important question of all is Who is best Zelda and why is it Hyrule warriors Zelda?

Other urls found in this thread:

solarus-games.org/
exhentai.org/g/1036528/0c5a34a71d/
exhentai.org/g/1142206/c7f7c6cdf9/
nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-feels-that-breath-of-the-wilds-freedom-needs-to-be-maintained-in-future-zelda-games/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Granted.

I have a hunch that they will try to experiment and the next one will be yet another huge departure, everyone will hate it and we will have about 2-3 BotW clones until it runs dry again reseting to the same situation post Skyward Sword.

In Zelda, as in all things, 2D > 3D.

Who knows? All I can hope for is they keep the same engine and do something a little more traditional with it. BotW's biggest issue is the game felt samey after a while. Having real dungeons would help. And some story that doesn't consist of flashbacks.

We'll get improvements on BotW for a decade or two, just like with Ocarina of Time. They've already said this in some interview somewhere.

Is that fucking shadman?

If Breath of the Wild is going to be the new stamped press from which every Zelda is made from, I can't see myself buying the second game, let alone 3 or 4.

Not everything is Shadman you stupid fucking retard. The artist is in the filename.

do you see chromatic aberration?

There will still be 2d zeldas, but most likely considering the consumer base responded very well to the freedom BOTW offered, the traditional zelda won't be made for awhile. Most likely we'll get at some point another Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, but closer to the original concept/promotional material of the two.
I personally just want a Majora's Mask to BOTW. BotW has a really damn good framework, but the main issue is that's all there is. The entire game would benefit way more if there was just more content. It is evident that it is polished, but roaming the empty fields of Hyrule gets boring, quick. The shit shrine puzzles that are more frustrating than fun or interesting gets on your nerves, especially in a few where they're supposed to be rewards for a shrine quest or whatever. I personally enjoyed many aspects of the shrine system, but the lack of incremental difficulty or anything else can make them that much more boring.
I also find that the divine beast thing was pretty cool. Despite that, the lack of actual dungeons was a pretty big detractor. There are basically no caves in BotW. A underground system and multiple mini or full dungeons would do a lot. No need to make them a part of a story- just have festering underground hotspots of Ganon's evil. Then, give a permanent reward to the player for completing them. About making dungeons a part of the story, except for the Van Ruta, there was absolutely nothing that changed in each's area for the other divine beasts. They also had barely any impact on Ganon, too. All they did was nuke him. All that work for only fucking half of his health. At least fucking heal me during battle or providing stamina-replenishing gusts of wind, or give me a straight damage boost, or occasionally protect me from non-existent AOE that Ganon might put out.
That final battle was extremely disappointing. I didn't lose a single heart the first time I went through Ganon's pig form. Calamity Ganon was a decent fight, but even that had awfully telegraphed moves. To improve, increase difficulty and give more consequence for not doing the divine beasts or whatever else.
Also about permanent things, durability in this game was a hit and miss. It made combat more interesting, but the combat was pretty shit to begin with (nowhere near the complexity of Twilight Princess.) so it was no good. On the other hand, it did force you to use weapons you might not be familiar with, which is a good thing. There was also the fact that a lot of the time, the reward for 'blessing' style shrines was bullshit as well. Why? Because if you're given a weapon that'll break in 5-10 fights tops, why the fuck did you go out of your way to the shrine in the first place?
More unlockable runes would be a solution, along with more methods of increasing durability and eventually achieving unbreakable durability on a select few legendary items. The master sword, to compensate, could be given a better charge, more damage, and maybe a special rune function. (Maybe absorption of enemy attacks, etc? Maybe by wielding it your shield nullifies evil attacks or beams? Reflect and juggle Guardian lasers?)
I also find that a lot of people really like the first segment of the game, the plateau. The main reason is because you're in a weakened state, and with weak enemies. Each enemy is just as susceptible to hazards as you are, which provides the ability of ingenuity to come into play. The enemy has numbers, strength, and fortifications, and you have a brain. The rest of the game should've not ridden off the curtails of the first 40 minutes, however. Instead of bulletarrow sponges enemies become, enemies should have different attacks and methods of combat.
Everything I just criticized about BotW however is a glaring issue that will probably be mostly fixed but replaced by a new issue in the next zelda, as per the cycle goes.

Well now that they've made the template maybe they can spend their time putting content into the next one.

No fuck that. Twilight Princess was the same "spam b until it dies," except you get the special skills, which just let you kill the enemies even faster.
My only problem with BotW was the food system. Eating/drinking should have been in real time like in Skyward Sword, so that there is an incentive for making big meals and so that you can't just heal immediately after getting hit.
I honestly really liked the shrines and the divine beasts, but I agree they aren't really a good replacement for good ol' Zelda dungeons. It would have been nice if they had the divine beasts, then only like 60 or 80 shrines, and then also have normal dungeons with actual enemies and multiple rooms.

Twilight Princess had something going with the combat, but didn't force you to use it. I haven't played it since release, so I could be wrong though about it having something.

user, Twilight Princess's enemy AI was the thing that made it "spam b until it dies". If the enemies were designed properly (I think there was one or two that required you to actually use the skills you learned, but anything else I can't remember.) then you probably would've actually remembered said combat system. You could go through the entire game without learning any of the combat skills, and it would've been just as easy, all because of the enemies. In other words, (again) it was the enemies that made it "spam b until it dies". Not denying that the entire game had that feel, but if you go back there is quite a bit to the combat system that the game never fucking utilizes.
Make fairies more rare and add enemy stamina and its good.
Golden ratio. Korok seeds were cool too but they should be more clever and less braindead.

Because she kicks ass and is fun to play while also being hot as fuck, and you can upskirt her when she runs and see her french knickers.

I want a Majora's Mask to BOTW's OOT. Something churned out relatively quickly with the same gameplay and assets but which does a sharp right angle and takes the gameplay in a different direction.
And what I really really want is a fucking massive underworld to explore that is hard, while the overworld is still nice and fun and comfy to explore, and the overworld is all about prepping for your next underworld adventure where you will get your shit pushed in. And if you die in the underworld your old body gets corrupted like in that WayForward The Mummy game and if you kill your old self in a Shadow Link battle you get your quality gear back.
I just want to spend some quality time inside again, in ancient ruins and deep dungeons and shit. The overworld was nice, but every time I thought I found some cool ruins or underground cave it was just "lol no it's a shrine".

Blur that out user. wtf

A lot of people bitch about Korok seeds but I still think they're way better than attempts at filling empty space in any other game, even the other Zeldas. I really like having puzzles where part of the puzzle is even realizing that there is a puzzle.

Korok seeds are a good way to put just a little something in the empty space that open worlds suffer from, as long as you realize and accept that you're not meant to get them all (you don't need anywhere near all of them to max out equipment slots). If you try to get them all, you're going to have a bad time. If you just grab them as you pass by them, they help break things up.

objectively incorrect

I just really hope they iterate and improve on BotW. Put some enemy variety in there based on the region of the overworld you're in. Instead of making every shrine the exact same kind of thing, make them places like old tombs, underground cavern systems, and buried ruins. Make some actual dungeons. Bring back more traditional Zelda items in a cool way, like a hookshot that penetrates climbable surfaces. There's climbing mechanics, have some SotC style bosses. Make weapon breakage less annoying. Do more with the house you can buy. Include actual fishing mechanics. Have a villain that's actually interesting. Make a final boss fight that takes advantage of everything you put in the game. If you're going to have multiple giant robots in the shape of animals, make them combine, super sentai style.

They shouldn't imply there's any reason to get them all, though. Even having Hestu just say "don't bring me any more seeds, nothing will come of it" would be good. As it is, there's incentive to try finding them all, even if it isn't much incentive.

Koroks are cute.

They're based off of Kodama, cute little wooden sprites in japanese myth that tend to and live in trees forests, directly connected to trees.

But there is incentive to get them all. Hestu gives you a giant pile of shit covered in gold if you do. Yes, this is real.

FTFY

the Korok seeds specifically say something about a distinctive smell. The entire quest has you collecting korok shit.

When they decided to go open world, I think this is one of the jokes they decided to make, where there's 100 feathers or some shit you MUST collect tediously in every game, hell there's like 900 of the fucking things, they do not expect you to collect them all because the quest is literally just a parody of that.

There's nothing wrong with it, and if you've gotten 900 korok seeds you've likely gotten every treasure in the game anyway since you've literally covered every bit of ground in the game.

There's this whole thing about enjoying the journey instead of anticipating the joy you'll feel when you arrive at your destination, the game's all about that, since most of the most rewarding challenges you'll face are on the road and off the path, not just the bosses.

Still, 900 should have given you infinite slots.

no you get a golden piece of shit for being human trash enough to autistically search out 900 individual pieces of golden shit in a video game.

Also weapon storage and infinite durability upgrades at 100 korok seeds should have been a thing.

I’d be fine with continual durability problems IF all the UNIQUE weapons were unbreakable (and worked like the Master Sword). Give them each special powers (elemental and/or improvements vs. specific enemy types) and the player will still be switching between weapons like the devs wanted.

I still can't believe the Hylian Shield breaks

Aonuma already said the next game is going to have the same "Open-Air" style as BoTW had. The real question is if they'll take fan criticism into consideration and add real dungeons, side quests that actually mean something to the player(Reviving all the great fairies, Tarrey Town, etc), a more robust combat system, more enemy variety and so much more I don't want to stay up until dawn typing it all out.

They seemed to really have their shit together with this one, and if they're using the same engine they'll likely build on top of it and make a better game using what they've learned. This sort of situation reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2.

First game was basic, customization boiled down to finding items and slotting them in with set bonuses, and drops were static meaning the same items could be found on the same enemies, while the second game had a crafting system involving breaking down shitty weapons and using party skills to make new ones with weapon mods, with a randomized loot drop system.

The first game had a basic story against a basic villain with solid backstory, while the second game took chances and made the villain someone you're close to the entire game, with much greyer options and a more complex interaction result system.

Generally when this happens in the industry for someone to say "we're going to make the same type of game" with the same engine the next game usually ends up great.

BotW polish:

Nintendo is also doing well in sales-wise, and nobody apart from Iwata-san important has left the company, so we know the dev-team will stay competent. Let's not jinx it though, staying jaded is a good way to not be disappointed.

Skyward Sword Zelda is still best Zelda.

I still don't know why they didn't add a basic element system to BOTW. The slimes you mentioned were a perfect chance to give non-elemental weapons a brief elemental buff (apply flame ooze to a sword for a few licks of flame damage, etc.) or use the flints you find to restore some base durability to a weapon, or even just have named weapons that break after a while and you have to supply some materials to craft new ones (I know about the champion weapons but they were a bit rubbish frankly).

They have too.
I mean even Skyrim did dungeons better than BOTW. It was the fundamental downside of the game.

I loved Zelda's dungeons. BOTW + proper dungeons would be the best zelda.
I also would like to see more complex blacksmithing, potion creation, enchantments etc.

extra ones

I really think they need to consider leaving the console industry and move towards computers or even tablets/phones. They have drastically changed their direction in the past, they can do it again.

Consoles are dying out as people figure out their computers more.

user, why do you have such a fucked up fetish, you sick bastard. What would your parents think if they found out?

Your point about the monks being in different positions is actually in BOTW though. All the monks are positioned differently. The first four on the Great Plateau actually have their hands in different positions making the four triangles of the Triforce (including the middle "missing" piece). I'm not 100% about them all being unique, but I never saw two that repeated exactly.

They might. I doubt it though. I think Nintendo would hate to not be in control of the hardware and to be reliant on third parties to get their games out. But the Switch isn't much more than a tablet with a built-in controller, it literally is the hardware nVidia used for the same thing, so if Nintendo decided to create some kind of "NintendOS" that side-loaded on Apple and Android as its own ecosystem and required a custom controller for some games (not the actual mobile trash like AC Pocket Camp but real games like BOTW) it could happen.

I agree, Switch was a needed step towards tablets, but they could do better.
A tablet for gaming might be a winner. Most tablets do not perform that well for gaming.

user, all of those things are in the game.

As computers grow, demand for portable gaming will grow naturally as well. The thing to consider is that a 'stationary' console will nearly always do better performance-wise than a portable one. This is already seen with Wii U vs Switch, with the former having a easier time with fps in shared games.
I would argue that the DS line of consoles simply need to get better hardware wise.
However, devs compensate for shit hardware with better gameplay, as seen on the DS. Its not uniform, but its enough that the original DS/DSI could be considered the best handheld of all time in terms of game quality.

Honestly shrines are the best and worst part of the game goddamn.
I really like the island shrine, just wish it was bigger, it took away ALL of your tools (paraglider, runes, etc), left you with 3 hearts, only for you to regain it all back at a reasonable pace.
But that would've been too much for just one single spirit orb I think.

But I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for games I may only play once.
I'd rather they release it on a format that I use for my other activities, such as tablets or PCs.

So maybe they should also consider PC hardware… though I know that there is a bit of a barrier to entry into that industry.

user, we both know that if Nintendo announced a steam-like app on the computer complete with ports of nearly all of their more recent games, valve would shit themselves.
Their name carries so much weight they were able to get not one, not two, but three/four third parties to agree to them using their IPs for a first-party game. (Sm4sh)
If they can't get past that barrier and become successful, there really isn't anyone who honestly can.
Anyway, seeing as they're already getting into the mobile market, it's practically guaranteed they'll do something with the PC soon. Although, they won't do anything that would endanger the Switch or its exclusives.

That's what I'm talking about. If you aren't supposed to want to find every korok, there shouldn't be any reward, even a joke one.

But a journey isn't as good if it doesn't have a satisfying conclusion. I you went searching for El Dorado and had a fantastic time during your travels, you're still going to be upset and feel you wasted your time when you find out it's actually a city made of cow shit and straw.

I'm convinced that the only way we'll ever see a small comfy Zelda game like LA is if they make a Zelda Maker. And even then, it won't happen, cause gotta protect muh children from someone drawing a dick in dungeon tiles.

There's someone making a Zelda maker for PC, but they're pussying out and removing anything explicitly Zelda related before they even release it.

I thought that was a BotW demake, not a Zelda Maker.

I'm talking about a 2D, tile based game. It's now called Adventure Maker, but the devs have gone the patreon route, so there's no telling if they're going to go the way of a lot of indie game devs who went full patreon.

No more breakable weapons please.

They're obviously going to build on the BotW formula, hopefully with some better dungeons this time. Zelda 2 is the blackest sheep of the franchise, often considered "the bad one". We're never going back there.

Funnily enough that's the leading theory, except it was made of wood instead of cow shit and straw. I read The Lost City of Z about Percy Fawcett's attempts to find Eldorado and in the end the guy tracing his story found a wooden village deep in the Amazon. Around it were the embankments and remnants of a much larger city to house a much, much larger population but when the plagues and sicknesses brought by the Spaniards swept through more than half the population died and the rest were left to maintain only what they needed. So the huge city he was looking for was gone by the time he was even born, and the "El Dorado" was not a city, but the man, the golden man painted in gold dust, who was the patriarch of the city, according to the survivors and their descendants.

Aonuma says he wants to revisit Zelda 2 at some point, but whether he does or not is another matter. I'd like to see a Zelda 2 style game, maybe starring a side character like Sheik or Linkle.

I saw that happen for the first time just a while ago and I thought it was hilarious.
Also if you try and use them in death mountain they just explode in your face. I almost died.

oh BOTW . . .
no kind of significant tools in the game that were present in past zeldas is really really shitty. the lack of significant dungeons or things to do in general also make the game kinda bad. throw in the all the dumb waggle design choices like weapon durability, temperature and just overall unnecessary crafting for the sake of just having them, the game felt just kinda like every otther modern game and not like something that was supposed to be revolutionary as many reviewers and Holla Forumsirgins said.
I adore the direction they went with the game in the open design, and overall the lack of handholding is a great feature that OoT added like a poison is great. the game just needs to actually have significant content, not "do this meaningless chore 1002994891 times until you get a weapon thatll self destruct halfway through your second battle.

i mean, i cant really see any capacity that they can implement it into the game without it feeling useless and have it actually change the way the game is played

Nintendo makes most of their profit from the consoles. And have went on record that they would never go 3rd party. But the one thing I have noticed is the switch was developed for japanese people and their lifestyle first and foremost, which many people in the west tend to forget. What the switch needs right now is a html5 enabled browser that allows for any video that uses html5 or other browser uses, so one could in theory replace their tablet with a switch if they only ever really use it for internet and youtube. And a music player would be nice but would rather the browser first.

Why not make the weapons and tools like souls weapons where you can upgrade and refine them and if you use parts from a boss or the treasure from a dungeon you can upgrade the weapons/other tools, it was one of the few things that did work well in skyward. and would it be too much to ask for the next game to use the roc cape as a gliding tool and cloak instead of having a glider?

tfw liked adventure of link the best

I just want another oracle game with farore

cdi zelda a cute

or take the Wind Waker approach and mix it up:
"lootable" enemy weapons with special movesets that break
but you still have some unique weapons that are unbreakable

i still can't understand why didn't they do this with the champion's weapons that you can get

I got BotW for christmas so I'm pretty new to this game but is there anyway to repair weapons that aren't champion weapons?

If you cut some of the flowers a woman planted around a shrine, she goes berserk.

Yeah. Go find them again.:^)

CDI Zelda is one of the more fuckable Zeldas, but there’s very little art to that effect of any measurable quality.

Damn. I hate having to carry multiples of the same weapon just because they fall apart after a couple of uses.

All they really need to do is not theme the entire game on the overworld. Most of the glaring issues with BotW will probably fix itself by not having to spend 70% of the workload on that.

And considering Triforce Heroes was entirely just dungeons. I can't see them doing either again. Best case scenario is we get something like a Link Between Worlds, but 3D and no renting items.

You can only remake them using some materials and then a specific weapon(Which is almost always located nearby the place where you can get your replacement). They honestly should have just made the Master Sword, Hylian shield and champion weapons invincible.

Good

solarus-games.org/
This engine was made to create LTTP clones, but there's no reason you couldn't use it to make a LA styled game.

battle boobs

on the other hand its satisfying hitting someone with a mop so hard it shatters

then enemy design would need to change as well, so the upgrades can be actual counters to specific enemies and can serve a purpose throughout the entire game.

I asked before and never got an actual response: what is exactly that makes people worship this series so much? I've played OoT and Wind Waker and both times I got up to a certain point and just stopped playing because the exploration felt really boring and the combat lacking and never got very invested in the story either. Is there a hidden reason why people love these so much or something I'm missing, or is it just not for me?

Some people just can't into some genres, so I think it is perfectly normal to dislike a series. I think the exploration can be pretty nice in the series, jut like the story or the combat. LoZ games are really different from each other, with some games being more story-focused or combat-based and some are all about running around finding shit to do. Admittedly, you did play two games I think are really average. I really like ALTTP because it has the best of all worlds, exploration, music, story, puzzles and combat. Not all games are for anyone, but there is not so much of a hidden reason I like the series. I just like it.

I think because Zelda is the perfect gateway series to larger gaming. It doesn't have the best exploration, but it has really good exploration. It doesn't have the most in-depth combat, but it has fun but simple combat. It doesn't have the hardest, most convoluted puzzles, but it does have some good puzzles. It's the perfect jack of all trades series that gives you a taste of so much of what gaming is capable of. And from there, from this first step in to a broader world (quite literally in some cases, because for many people Zelda was the first game with a large overworld with interconnections and shortcuts and dungeons) people can say "well, I really liked the combat the most, what other games focus more on combat?" and they can do to something like DMC or whatever Platinum has put out recently, or they can say "I preferred the puzzles and the exploration", and they can go looking for a game to scratch that particular itch.
If you put the average person down in front of a Platinum game they will look at the combo system and wonder what the fuck is going on. But Zelda is literally circling an enemy and pressing the "attack" button when the enemy drops their guard.
Zelda is a gateway drug, and as any drug user will tell you, you spend the rest of your (short) life looking for something like that first high.

100% nostalgia because it doesn't do anything amazing, but it doesn't offend anyone, and has production value.

You write like a fag

Legend of Zelda already had an open-world game. It was the very first game on the NES.

and it did it far better than BoTW because it actually had competent level designs

The thing about BotW is that the journey is not that enjoyable

Never ever

1st pic is lelf tier

There's also Zelda Classic's level and tile editor.

That's more for Zelda I styled games. Plus, Solarus is FLOSS.

I just played two that most people really like to worship, I skipped Majora's Mask because I assumed it would have been very similar to OoT in tone but with a time limit and a much more condensed world.

But that's not pokèmon. I've seen tons of people pick up actual videogames after getting addicted to pokèmon, despite me not liking them that much I still did beat Yellow and went on to play other vidya afterwards. It feels like Zelda can only be appreciated if you've never played an adventure game before.

Yeah I know, I even mentioned it in the op.

not at all, majoras mask is a lot more depressing and spooky than ocarina of time. I don't think there is another game in the series with the same tone.

Sounds like some sanic tier bullshit.

Truly this is the future of
GAMING
Progress just keeps moving forward. The triforce was a patriarchal construct anyway.

Lorule from A Link Between Worlds already destroyed its Triforce once. It would be weird if they revisited the concept like that.

Lurk for 10 years before posting.

I no longer respect Zelda fans
after that cringefest of a Zelda marathon

Peragus was all right.

It just feels like a chore, you're so weak at the start that gameplay wise it just boils down to melee or blasters. Which both of you suck at using for almost the whole duration of peragus.
Only after peragus you start to get awesome gear and enough levels and force points to make any playstyle powerfull and thus fun.
But besides that its nice.

I just want another game like the minish cap.

Has anyone ever translated that first pic
I realize it probably has something to do with bust size but still

It blows my mind and honestly seems like a massive oversight, that in the entirety of BOTW there wasn't a single cave like system. How the fuck is there all these mountains and rivers and not a single cave anywhere? Was this entirely some kind of engine limitation?

Peragus was the victim of some kind of fetish Obsidian has for making the "tutorial" part of their games the most awful, boring, slogging, dull pieces of shit that you never want to re-play ever. They did it with the starting area in New Vegas too. Peragus really made me not want to re-play Kotor II at all, because I knew I would have to wade through that shit all over again.

There are a couple of caves fag, you just didn't look hard enough. A couple of shrines are in caves

Personally, I always found Telos to be much worse.
Peragus, at least, had the suspense going for it the first time around.

A single room barely bigger then most houses in the game dose not make a cave. There was one instance in the game that even remotely resembled a cave. And it was on Hebra mountain where that one shine that you have to roll a big snow ball into it's door to get inside of was. All the other caves in the game were basically alcoves with rock roofs on them.

Honestly don't even worry about it, that early in the game you'll find weapons better and better than the ones you had on you before as you move. Just keep in mind that enemies in brand new colors should make you be cautious, but honestly that part of BoTW was handled pretty well done. You get more weapon slots as you progress anyway, and really most weapons are easy as hell to get.

People on here usually complain about durability, but as long as you keep your combat style (for a Zelda game) varied and grab weapons you like, you'll be fine.

Have weapons dull until they do barely any damage. Then you can throw them (crit at max damage but breaks) or repair them via blacksmith. And since we'll most likely not see a Shiekah slate give Link unarmed wrestling moves to disarm small-medium enemies. Also have majority of monsters to be weaponless to balance out disarming.

You can outright SKIP Peragus, user.

BOTW is a decent game but it better sort out some of it's fucking problems if they make another open world game.

fucking god damn it I hope whoever made that one puzzle where you have to get 3 balls in 3 different cups gets slapped.

>Titled Hyrule Rising Revengeance
>Midna is the hammy antagonist
>RULES OF NATURE!

Don't forget:

So is the link bloodline full of cucks? They never get to smash Zelda right?

Skyward Sword Zelda and Link were clearly in love with each other, so there's one Link that most likely banged Zelda.

He may not have smashed the princess but every other girl in BoTW wants his dick. He also smashes Gerudo pussy all day everyday.

exhentai.org/g/1036528/0c5a34a71d/
exhentai.org/g/1142206/c7f7c6cdf9/

It's always nice to see Zelda getting some love.

Link's penis reeks of unwashed Gerudo pussystank every time he finally makes it back to Zelda.

I love when people complain that Zelda is too casual it is but that's besides the point and then there's complete casual queers like;

They give you a weather forecast ahead of time to give you ample time to plan ahead. Its to prevent basic exploration gameplay from becoming stagnant, you know, like every other open world game ever
Weapon durability keeps shit from getting fucking boring along with weather conditions. You need to actually use your brain and plan ahead, male sure you have good equipment on hand at all time, and constantly be gathering new weapons. It makes the game feel less grindy too bad the copy-paste dungeons don't help though
Imagine have such a paper-thin ego that you feel made fun of because of a virtual turd
Everything else you said I think are fair criticism and problems that need to be addressed, but you added a lot of filler

I hope that's an edit cause christ in heaven that is the most poor and sad vagina I have ever seen drawn by human hands.

The longest clit hood in Gerudo Valley. I swear I thought it was jizz before I ended up posting it. At least the body is decent right?

All I really want for a BOTW sequel is

This would go against everything I posted above but I'll admit I think they should just go all out and try to make an entire open world Zelda game based around a ocean or bay area, including the ability to dive in (clear) water unlike Wind Waker. Or even freeze large portions of the surface to walk on or even gain the ability to walk on top of or even below (upside down) the surface of water but I know there is negativity towards games with (slow) underwater sections/poor water movement controls.

That why I loved always having a fire weapon in my inventory at all times, instant warmth and quick campfires for time passing. While ice weapons will keep you cool in hot climates.

Another bizarre find relating to El Dorado is terra preta, which is man made, black, nutrient filled soil that also doesn't leach much. This allowed for those lost South American jungle civilizations (possibly because of the Spanish) to even have farmland/crops in the nutrient poor SA jungle regions.

While I like your digits, you could find a rubber armour set that makes you unshockable (from level 2 upgrade onwards) and if you complete all the quest for the Gerudo they give you the Thunder Helm that will make you lightning proof.
You might as well complain about wooden weapons/arrows bursting into flames onto Death Mountain (and yet the Korok's in that location don't).

Have you seen shadman?

You sound like a hardcore gamer

there's been a mmo like that for 15 years now. I forget it's name though.

You basically just listed ways to ruin the game.

BOTW needs a new map and to get rid of the giant beast "classic" dungeon shit. It's biggest problem is that it's a Zelda game so the shitty Zelda problems leaked into it.

What BOTW2 needs is to make food have a time limit on it so that when you collect new clothing for different regions it matters in exploring them. Prevent people from whoring food.

It doesn't need shitty mini games which aren't fun and serve no purpose.

The towns felt like real places. They work well for what they are. They don't exist to service Link, Link just happens to use some of their services.

Nintendo feels that Breath of the Wild’s freedom needs to be maintained in future Zelda games
“You know, I can’t speak to what other people, other companies will do in their own games, but I think for me, especially just in terms of the Zelda series, the incredible freedom that this game offers you and how well that’s been received… to me, it means that freedom, that level of freedom is something that needs to be maintained in Zelda games going forward. My eyes have been opened to how important that is.”
-Eiiji Aonuma
nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-feels-that-breath-of-the-wilds-freedom-needs-to-be-maintained-in-future-zelda-games/
Skyrule forever and ever now

Doom is the same as Last of us because both games involve walking around shooting things

More like this, please.

I always wanted dialogue trees in a Zelda game as optional hints disguised as interactions. Even if Link doesn't have voiced dialogue I feel he should "speak" more. And if Link does speak then I want NoE to do ALL the recording with the cast. Gaelic accents seem like a natural fit in Zelda's medieval fairyland.

Also BotW's formula I think will work better without the Shiekah Slate's unlimited magic power. I'd like to have a bit more resource management with physical bombs needing to be bought/found/harvested. The magic meter has been replaced by stamina but have "fairy magic" that cost rupees. Fairy magic can be things like healing or high jump or buy arrows/bolts instantly.

Hunting food seems like it'd fit BotW's theme. However for a more modern Zelda setting, by modern I mean no later than rennaisaunce, have bottles to hold potions for in combat healing and a food bag for meals to eat when camping. Meals you can only eat when you're not hungry but they have potent effects that last for three to six in game hours.

For the next game I'm picturing a more civilized Hyrule possibly in Shakespearean times. So it'd make sense to have an abundance of artisan goods. It'd also makes sense to overprice them so we can have Link join a band of thieves.

I'd trade the seven sages trope for seven thieves. I'd vote to make them all boys only if we can have a Gerudo male who is not Ganon as the leader including Shiek. The joke is that each thief has a trade in lawbreaking while Link is the chef (the guy that does everything else). Also the thieves are a left over idea I had for a mercenary system where you contract companions that have items you don't have to sequence break the game. That was when I was aiming for aLBW semi-open world approach.

Link and Zelda kiss behind in the curtain in the ending of Zelda 2.

Just bring back Tingle Tuner.

I have still yet to play the new DLC.

It's kind of a let down. It was ok I guess. But people expected more for something they had to wait almost a year for. I personally was hoping a boat would show up in maybe that one coastal fishing town, that would take you to an island that bore a striking resemblance to the one in Links Awakening. To be honest that was probably expecting too much. Especially after the title was revealed, I had a sinking feeling the whole thing was just gonna be a bunch of side story wank that didn't really add too anything and probably should have been the game to begin with.

If you think having a game all about exploration force you not to explore during rain is decent than you need to get your head checked. There are many things they could've done to make rain change things up without it becoming pure bullshit, but they just shrugged and decided to just make it so you have to run around instead of climbing. Also there isn't any planning ahead involved with weapons, considering the fact that all enemies that you'll break a full health weapon on trying to beat will give you decent weapons when they die. It's so easy to expand your inventory and to find good weapons that it just becomes a mildly tedious chore. Also there's no point in adding 900 korok if there's no reason whatsoever to collect all of them. Half of this games design philosophy was based around having random and tedious shit get in the way of your exploration.

>A mechanic that forces the player to go to another region until the rain stops is somehow forcing you not to explore
Hilarious, I think you might be retarded
There is planning ahead involved when you consider the weapons you have might not have enough durability left to defeat high-health enemies though

Freedom and huge empty overworlds don't have to mean the same thing. ALBW has more freedom than most Zeldas just from letting you decide which dungeons you want to go to.

The champion's ballad? It has a few neat things, but it's worth it just for the last dungeon.

I really hoped the Hyrule Warriors cast made a return, Volga and Cia were great villains, and Lana and Wizzro weren't bad either.

Damn I drew that years ago how long have you had it saved??

Was the story actually good?

It's alright. Some of it is stupid (Impa not realizing Sheik is Zelda), but some of it is great (Ganondorf beating up a bunch of monsters to make them join his army). I just found the main plot of Cia going evil because she had the hots for Link to be hilarious. It's something Nintendo would never have done by themselves. Also, Link actually has some fucking character growth, which was unheard of.

Is Zelda a roastie?

I thought people missed minigames like the shooting gallery from previous Zelda titles in BoTW . . .

Not empty enough.

Elves do not have Hardees sammiches between their legs.

but they're whores. aren't they not?

Just because i have the option to go fuck off in an empty field or desert for a while until the rain fucks off doesn't mean it's wanted. Also what little planning you needed when it comes to weapons is thrown out the window when you get the master sword or at least one of the champion weapons that you can repair. Not that i'm saying the master sword is great, considering the fact that it's let me down in every way possible (I expected the laser to do decent damage and to travel in a beam until it hits something, instead it does shit damage and travels in a crescent arc for a whopping 10 feet and does less damage than a thrown bokobin club).

is correct, the biggest issue with Twilight Princess' combat is the awful enemies themselves that don't utilize anything that would require you to use the hidden techniques. TP is pathetically easy. I remember when I first played the game I would no longer lock on to the enemy and no longer dodge and the enemies still couldn't kill me.

Wind Waker so far still seems to have the best combat. Simple, but added the extra techniques that OoT/MM didn't have to make it more exciting. Very flashy, aesthetically pleasing, and tons of feedback when you hit an enemy, especially with how the music changes with each hit. Enemies dropped their own weapons that could be used in combat as well, though not often very useful there's a solid groundwork here to expand upon in future titles. Enemy AI is much better in WW then in TP at least, so it feels like you at least have to dodge and stuff to avoid danger (WW Darknuts > TP Darknuts).

Skyward Sword's Ending gave off a sort of Adam and Eve vibe, and that was the game where Link & Zelda were the closest.

As much of a lot of Skyward Sword was shit I really did enjoy Link's/Zelda's relationship in there.
Isn't there a theory that Link hooks up with Malon in OoT? That's a great choice too

I’d play that game.

But OP, the original Zelda was good, not open world.

Best Zelda is Sm4sh Sheik.
thigh gap

I enjoyed BOTW, but i would not like the same game all over again. The game has too many flaws for me to enjoy the same formula all over again. The fields are too empty, there is no enemy variety, the weapon durability system is nothing more than an annoyance, exclusive weapons and armors hidden behind DLC, no craft system, can't color the DLC items, the concept of the house for link is a halfbaked money sink. You can't do anything at your house, not even a stove to have food bonuses or extend the durability of your weapons, your bed doesn't give you bonuses. You can't complete the entire row of hearts without sacrificing stamina upgrades. The hookshot idea got scrapped yet climbing is a core mechanic. By the time you get the bike it is completely useless.

This game's iteration of a final boss was topped by the DLC monk boss.

The ending would have been more entertaining if by the end you regained control of the guardians and used them in an assault against Ganon in his final form.

No post game.

Nintendo does not know fun even if it hits them in the face.

How is this a bad thing? Crafting is overrated and overdone.

I remember Hyrule Warriors Sheik being good too