The best performance/setup for any fighting game

I am prepared to be scolded
What is the preferred controller and right TV to have the best precision and accuracy when playing any fighting game? Is it true that one should use a box/small TV or computer screen when playing a fighting game to have the most minimal amount of input lag?
I am trying to convince my friend that it is his setup (a huge ultra screen "4k" TV) that is causing him to have so much input lag, but he doesn't believe that.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/gytnU)
displaylag.com/benq-rl2755hm-gaming-monitor-review/
displaylag.com/display-database/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just enjoy the game you autiest you arent a pro

we already have a fighting game thread, nigger. but keyboards are pretty good for them

Buy the highest latency IPS screen you can find and a wireless trackball for the Dark Souls of fighting games
bonus points if you view the screen through a hall of mirrors

Well fuck me in the ass for not posting there instead, but thanks for actually answering my question. I hardly use the keyboard it unless I am just joking around on there, but it does feel pretty decent tho.

Make sure to use a wireless keyboard because air is faster than metal, it's why wireless replaced dialup last decade

OP it depends but here is how it most likely goes
Hitbox/Keyboard is objectively the best since each input is exactly what you requested under the assumption it's not a shitty ghosting keyboard
Stick next where you have a more hand space one both the lever and the buttons that you would get on a normal controller, you have 2 hands that have complete access to everything at all times.
Pad is pretty meh, you have the area of your thumb to perform both movement and actions while games that require more then the action buttons now require you to claw grip the controller to access additional functions. There are better pads like Sega Saturn controllers (which are soon to be remade, Source: archive.is/gytnU) so if you have to get pad, get the good pads like these.
Guitar controller: It makes you a god if you can :^)

Guess any game that can run on Linux shouldn't have a thread too since there already is a Linux game general

what did he mean by this?

50% as in, 50/50. You could think 33% but in the end you both choose one option and it resolves into a stalemate and you go again at another 50/50.

You're a special kind of retard user, for a R/P/S situation you only need to have R/P/S variables being 3 options vs 3 options with each clearly beating and losing to another.

But even RPS doesn't have perfect 33% odds.

Blessings be upon you user for your post on this, everyone else here are just either joking around or not giving any actual advice or substance. I always wanted to invest in a stick controller anyway, but if the saturn controllers are being remade, I going to look more into that.

controller > arcade stick

I just ran the math and I can tell you now I'm not happy with how much you're right about this.
There are only 9 possible outcomes with 3 of which being a draw. If draws are ignored because they result in retrying until a non-draw combination is found it leaves us with 6 options, 3 of which are victory and 3 of which are loss.
9 possible outcomes, 3 win states, 50% win chance.

Hook up a low latency monitor and have him play on that for a few rounds. Then a few rounds on his TV.

It wasn’t until plying fighting games on a 55” TV that I properly realised why game mode was a thing on most TV. The display lag was incredibly noticeable.

i use a cheatbox and some eatsports monitor that was on sale
>displaylag.com/benq-rl2755hm-gaming-monitor-review/
>displaylag.com/display-database/
it's hard to convince people how much of an effect display lag has until they play without it and feel the difference

Depends on the game. Short hopping in kof with a dpad is near impossible to do consistently but with a stick it's way easier.
I also find dashing and full circle inputs easier on stick, but that's just personal preference.

Games are able to hold their own discussion, but questions about fighting game controllers are better saved for the autists that know all about the subject. That way, you don't end up making a thread about a subject that only needs a post, and the guy would probably get even better information that way. He might even learn to build his own stick, since some of those fuckers can even build them out of shoeboxes and tupperware.

It is and it's insane.

Pull the trigga nigga
Trust me my friend they don't, dude asks for a stick and retards link him overpriced junk like TE madcatz shit or Quanba's for reasons I can only guess being muh clamps.
And the question wasn't on parts it was on general hardware types, it's like asking around for the best model of car

Saturn controller. Sega made it for PS2 and PC as well. That Hori pad is shut btw.

sounds hot, tell us more