Shitty Redesigns 2

Gothic boogaloo.
Post the worst redesigns in vidya history.
I'll start with Castlevania.
This is supposed to be the same character.

Fuck you there's nothing wrong with Alucard's design.

Redesign looks better

He looks like a woman.

Here's an actual bad redesign.

Obligatory

He looks badass. You have to be really fucking badass to make high heels looks good.
Better than generic vampire.

It doesn't.

Final Fantasy has to be the king of stupid redesigns. Pics related are supposed to be the same monster. I'm not even kidding.

He looks gay.

And here's another iconic monster that just so happens to have appeared in the same two games, but redesigned in a sensible and coherent fashion. FF13 has got to be the single most mismanaged game of all time, at least until 15 came out.

You're gay

Generic Vampire vs Generic white haired bishonen. At this point it's a pick your poison affair.

Evolution of warhammer Termagants

of all the things FF13 did wrong, the art design wasn't something I cared about. Aesthetically speaking it looked good in my opinion. The only outright Ugly FF games form an art design perspective are 9, 10, and WoFF. I just wish Square would finally get back to the classic pre-PSX JRPG formula with the ATB, a Job system, more challenging combat and a exploitative world building approach to adventuring.

Believe me if this thread was about gameplay fuckups I'd have way more to say. 13 is just a mess through and through and it really feels like the thing was made with absolutely no oversight or contact between art, sound and programming teams.

Where did you learn to be this cancerous, reddit?

I like the first pic of Alucard.

I take Generic Vampire on pic 1. Give him a hat and you got Vampire Hunter D.

Pic 1, a pretty classy design for a Super Robot. Generic but classy

Pic 2? Oh look…ANOTHER Gravion clone.

Why are her feet so weird looking? They look like tiny hooves.

….I don't know. Her legs look spindly too.

nice b8
Classicvania fags are the whiniest niggers ever

This post is like you running in here gaping ass-first farting glitter cum.

Calling you a faggot is what you want me to do. I won't play your little game.

Don't forget how Ike apparently got his arm chopped off and then decided to replace it with a lance one day.

The fuck is wrong with you?

Die, monster. You don't belong in this world.

What? People didn't bite this bait hard enough last time so you make a new thread for it? This is some weak shit, man.

both look fine. you have shit taste. you're gay. nobody fucking likes you. go get into a traffic accident for posting this retarded faggot thread you've posted. Fuck you.

Why is there "BF" written on his chest and forehead? Is it 'cause of tfw no BF?

He looks like an aristocrat, as he should, he's the son of a fucking Count. Vampires and Dhampirs have a tradition of appearing sleight and beautiful.
You would be too if you had to watch your own mother be murdered for helping people, and had to fight your father's (admittedly somewhat justified) genocidal rage.

It's period-accurate. Piss off.

I guess being womanlike faggot is indeed accurate.

From amateur adventurer, to battlehardened badass, to androgynous fuckboy who doesn't even use a shield anymore.
Fucking Falcom.

What we think of today as feminine is largely the result of various femenist-y sentiments coöpting things that were considered boyish in their time.

Unlike op's faggot these look hardly different.

BF stands for Battle Force, the name of the team that pilots the mecha.

This. For example, high heels. Heels like that were originally for better control when riding a horse because they fit over the stirrup. They were considered a very masculine thing for quite a long time.

The entirety of Pokémon and sonic the hedgehog.

This. Context and time periods should always be taken into account when viewing something from the past.

Sup?

Goddamn that cape looks comfy as fuck. That's the only good thing I can say about that trainwreck.

Besides the pointy shit on his gauntlets and the blades on the hilt of his sword I think this looks pretty good desu.

It does have a sort of Nobunaga thing going. If they had just backed off the filigree a notch or two it would have been fine

To be honest, his original design was too mundane, Also Dracula looks way better in his Symphony design.

Ritcher in the other hand looks WAY too glam for my taste, It's not like Ryu ritcher from rondo was a good design, but it was the last classic simple design the series got. Juste also is one of the worst character designs in the series (ritcher but with white hair and red coat).

But the faggot style has become the generic vampire look now.

I honestly like the old Dracula's better.

Go suck Alucards cock, faglord.

You know, Nobunaga's design has always been pretty consistent.

I like Ryu Richter to be honest.

It looks exactly the same minus color scheme.

Could be worse. Could be Rob Zombie Dracula.

That looks horrible…it's a bit rough but I do prefer the Rondo of Blood design

Have you seen pachinko castlevania dracula?

tbh the new designs aren't bad in itself but they contradict the simplistic style of the original.

We had three great redesigns followed by one awful one.
Cute, fun design that fits perfectly in the cartoony world
His design got more serious while still retaining the cute factor. Rayman can look both happy and cute as well as threatening and serious when he needs to.
Has the new "sonic-esque" "2cool4school" type of look. Looks kind of like a rebelious type of hero to fit with the new, more light hearted and comedic tone of the game that goes back to being cartoony but also being targeted at an older audience.
Looks like an insane fucking redneck with brain damage.

Origins was a mistake.

You're blind.

That's the vibe Origins was going for. It's a silly, high energy game. 3 is the worst.

That sword's too practical to be anything from Kingdom Hearts.

The only difference is anime armor and it looks better than gay high heels.

He's wearing gay heels in both of them.

Also, those are period appropriate, and designed for horse riding.

Those are like 3 times smaller than faggot shit in the op.

Exaggerated designs are more visually striking.

t. assblasted faggot

I wish they stayed with the floating body parts for every character instead just rayman exclusive and the all characters looking like Tim Burton rejects. It would be unique in style and programming the games.

Castelvania Judgement is in a class of its own as far as shitty redesigns are concerned.

Civilization 6 did a terrible job with pretty much every leader that was returning (and with the ones that weren't returning, but you can't really evaluate those in the thread). As an example, compare Civ 3 Cleopatra, a good looking woman wearing the typical headgear of Egyptian clothing, to Civ 6 Cleopatra where she's like an ugly version of a dreamworks character.

IIRC the lord redesigns from Awakening are all by guest artists, so the feet being fucked up is probably just because the artist is shit. Of course, hoof feet are how she would look in-game because Awakening didn't put feet on its models, but I would be surprised if that was intentional (unless the artist is autistic).

Considering the series is fucking Castlevania and features various other kinds of generic Universal Studios horror monsters, I would easily go with generic vampire.

òrigins is the worst, spongebob tier

i do miss they don't draw level backgrounds anymore

They probably couldn't make it look good in 3d or something and then abandoned it.

A character in a Gothic environment being redesigned to match the same environment?
No way……………….

Sparkster was some kind of comic hero, he had some goofy moments but it was pretty valiant when he needed to be

they change his desing for a more serious/heroesque one but he still kept a bit of his goofyness.

they fucked everything up, to sprkater desing and backstory to axel gear personality. fuck this game