Gameplay was just released.
Parts 2 and 3 in next posts.

Other urls found in this thread:

portal.valkyria.jp/vc4/character/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Part 2

Part 3

Post Selvaria and opinions.

tits too big/too pointy, they look like they could gauge somebody's eyes out with a poke

Whats the best version of the first game?
I have both the ps4 and PC version and only played a bit of the PC but remember reading having high FPS fucks with how it plays

I also didn't like you cant just reset a mission

SYNTAX ERROR
Senseless opinion.
Does not compute.

If you have a non-pirated PC version, you'll be fine.
Even some pirated ones have that shit fixed by now.
The PS4 might have some frame drops here and there but is otherwise the same.

Just pick what's more convenient for you.

Vid related. Though apparently a patch fixed it. I played a pirated copy of it on PC and, though more difficult, it is definitely possible to complete the game. You have to use orders a little more carefully.

A scout running into fire like that should be dead.

At 00:20 and 00:30. Holy shit this kind of thing still exist

Should be, but with 30fps anything is possible except saving Selvaria.

Higher quality.
Starts at around 1:15.

this looks slow and boringʕ ๏ ᨎ ๏ ʔ
any good reason to play this?

Can anyone translate this? I don't speak moon also they managed to make a weapon class that looks DUMBER than the lancers

I wish these Japs weren't literally the slowest people ever to play videogames. They take 10-15 seconds in every UI element.

Fuck.

What part are you interested in exactly?
In the first one, there is mention of sniper girl's hips and in the second how Raita made the two girls really cute.
I haven't watched all of it, so I don't know if they say anything important.

They can intercept too.
It seems the team downloaded Gallian Crossfire and got to work.

She'll feel my WonderGOO if you know what I'm saying.

I really like the updated gunfire and ricochet sounds. The old ones sounded so gratingly CoD.

It's as if Raita himself is on his knees just begging me to look at it.

SEGA knows what they're doing with this installment and series. So many lovely ladies. also makes it hard to predict which one will end up being the Valkyrie of your side, considering a lot of them fit the bill. Wish they would've showed some gameplay with the cute medic and loyal dog. I initially thought they were after they started having units get killed.

Hoping one day we will get an edit of loyal dog and one of the characters of the game with pic 1 related

Lancers look cool, though.

Well considering that page is calling that little red head girl a mysterious little girl, I'd say there's a good chance she's the valkyria

I'm sure she won't be incredibly annoying.

Possibly. If that is the case, perhaps second time's the charm after the last one with a loli Valkyria didn't do so well

portal.valkyria.jp/vc4/character/
This has been updated

DARCSENS GO BACK

Much obliged for the pics user!

I have a right mind to kick his ass and teach them how to properly use and hold a fucking gun until it becomes second nature permanently.

Yeah that guy needs to be put in a camp.
Here's a couple more tidbits I grabbed from the site

and he has his finger on the trigger, he really wants that dog dead

So what are the chances of VC2 and VC3 getting remasters?

Close to 0%

Clearly the dog is a suicide bomber

What was wrong with Valkyria Revolution? I only played the first and I'd love to try a new one but I have heard atrocious reviews

As if I needed more reasons to get this game

Very unlikely, but would be nice. I'd even take Vita remaster at the very least

Valkyria Revolution was made by a different team than VC, it isn't set in the same world as VC, it is a completely different genre than VC, the only thing it shares with VC is half the title and it's shit.

It's some shitty action RPG

Anti-Tank Sniper Rifles were a thing ever since Edy's DLC. This is nothing new.

But why?

I haven't played it, but that doesn't make sense.

I noticed that an enemy you fight in part 1 is playable in part 2. That means that some enemies are recruitable, I wonder which ones you can recruit? I hope the enemy valkyria is one of them.

OH MY GOD
LOOK AT DAT ASS

Has there been any word of VC1 being ported to Switch?
The footage so far looks really good. They haven't fucked with things too badly.

It's think we all know who is the valkyria.
It's dog.

I know which shocktrooper is going to be my main.

I am pretty sure that the cutscenes are not updated on the PC version, so they look worse than what you get during normal gameplay.
If that bothers you then go for PS4.

From what I can see, all this is good.

It was originally meant to be set in the same world, but massive negative feedback in Japan to the early promos made them change it.

Moving as a squad is now an order.

She's an officer who is part of the main cast and it's a training mission.

Unlikely.
They will jew us with DLC and give us cameos of characters from the previous games like they did in 2 and 3 (besides squad 7 which has already been confirmed for special anniversary edition, fuck you SEGA), but I don't think they'd go for a full remaster of those two unless the reception of what they are going to include was overwhelmingly positive.
The fact is that it'd be too much work for not enough return and SEGA would probably prefer the team do something else.
They'd need to at least remake all the models and maps so it doesn't look like a lazy port.

A new trailer is out.

There's also this one which is 3 minutes longer, I'm not sure exactly what more is added

That's the original trailer from back when the game was announced combined with the new one.
Good for those who haven't seen it.

Wow maybe I should watch the shit before I post it thanks for doing my job for me

I chuckled when the girls started going "oshiri oshiri" when sniper qt got on screen.

Well there go my hopes and dreams.
They need to stop making the enemy so likable, either that or they need to give us the option to spare them.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 & 3 Remastered Edition when

FORNEVER EVER

Never, and there's zero point, just play them in PPSSPP.

She joins your squad after that mission (maybe).

No, this is what you have to do. The best villains are those you love.

But you don't want them to die.

You’re pretty dumb, aren’t you?

What would be the point, Sega doesn't give a shit about PC and Bayonetta and Vanquish come to PC was more Platinum than them. I remember when the Valkyria Chronicles port outsold CoD AW when it was first released and they didn't bother porting 2 to PC. As for 3 I don't think it'd be localized let alone on PC.

Is she a chuuni who thinks she's a knight, like that guy who thought he was a Samurai in VC3?

Sega cares about money. VC2 would require significantly more work to not look like a cash grab and fail hard for just being an awful game in the series.

You're fucking retarded, VC2 and 3 didn't even sell well in Japan.

VC3 outsold the first one if we don't count the Steam and PS4 re-releases.
It's just the second game that sold terribly everywhere.

The PC release is the reason why the remasters were made, which were the reason why VC4 is happening, not counting them is arbitrary and disingenuous. VC3's pitiful 100k is nothing compared to the PC sales.

How do you function at a basic level you fucking pancake

True. The devs themselves said in an interview they started development of VC4 some 2 and a half years ago, which is pretty much right after the PC release.

The point is that in terms of initial releases, VC3 was not received badly at all when compared to 1.
If 3 were remade for PC/PS4 properly, it would likely do very well.
It's just that it's probably too much work, so they might not bother with it.
But who knows what might happen. I mean, we did get a PC port of the first game and now we're getting a 4th one – those are miracles by themselves, I think.

Is there a reason why the old cast is back? I thought the protags from VC4 were non-Gallian.

Wish the dog was a St. Bernard's, but Shibas are ok too.

It’s laughable how much of a dipshit you are, user.

It's a DLC mission.

Yeah, that's what I gathered from the end of

Yay, coming for everything… Except for PC… Isn't making an XBO port the fucking same as making a PC port? PC is more popular than the XBO in Japan anyway.

The safest guess is that they're afraid of the piracy boogieman again.

Of course they are. Remember how SEGA sneaked Denuvo onto both of the recent Sonic games after Mark got his hands on Mania early?

But they didn't have any denuvo for bayonetta or vanquish.
So we just have to keep VC away from Mark.

But this doesn't make sense. It doesn't cost that much to take a game and make a PC port out of it; Valkyria Chronicle's port only had 2 software programmers on it. It would be like leaving money on the table Sega isn't stupid enough to do that, right…?

Assuming Sony doesn't have any deal on Yakuza yes they are.

Of course it's coming out for PC. They just want to get those console sales first, so people double dip later. It's the oldest trick in the book.

There's going to be a PC version you goofs, they've been hinting at it since the initial announcement both on Twitter and some shitty forum.
They'd have to be complete fools to ignore a platform that got them nearly 1 million sales for an old game.

Bonus points if the PC version ends up with the "limited" DLC content like squad 7 and the Edy detachment.

bump

For what purpose? 3 would make more sense.

Then why not just announce a PC release outright? Sounds more like then trying to dance around the issue.

They really should. The first game sold pretty well recently when it was ported to PC. A million copies, right?

The PC release sold just under a million, the remasters happened because of the PC port and VC4 likewise. No matter how much you piss your entitlement diaper VC2 and 3 will never get remastered.

Just finished VC1 and want to play the next games, but did they fix scout rushing in sequels? Once you get some orders other troops basically become unnecessary aside from a lancer in 1 or 2 missions.

The individual maps in VC2 and 3 are much smaller, so all classes get to play a role.
Scouts are still great, but they won't be winning entire battles by themselves.

VC2 is probably the weakest in the series, but try it anyway and see if you can stand it. It's worth playing at least through the main story.
They had some good class ideas in that one.

VC3 is a lot better and nearly every problem from 2 was solved.
The best part of 3 is that you can unlock every single major character from the series and then some.
You can play with Selvaria and Aliasse.
You need a code to unlock the latter, though.

I like how you think I’m entitled because I’m calling you a dumbass for not understanding anything about how the industry works. Every post you make you show how retarded you are. Keep going.

>Selvaria

sold

What killed VC2 for me apart from the military high school plot and the gross overuse of maps was how much of a fucking grind it was to get your units into classes you wanted. Getting those medals or whatever the fuck was just awful and made me give up on the game.

How well do the two games emulate on PSPP I doubt I can ever go back to VC2 but I might as well give VC3 a try

I wonder if they noticed themselves.

Reusing maps was the worst. It really killed the game for me and I haven't touched it since I first finished it all those years ago.
Certificate grinding wasn't an issue for me because I'd get what I wanted nearly every time. But Heavens help you if you change your mind and decide you want to go down a different class tree.
To be fair, on its own, VC2 is a decent game. But because it's inferior to the other two, no one bothers with it.

Also, I never tried to emulate the games, but I saw some user post a webm of VC3 and it ran at 60fps in 1080p very well.
If I didn't enjoy lying in bed with a handheld so much, I'd try it.

You need to finish her DLC mission first, so make sure you get the Extra 2 version, or whatever it is called.
She's also unlockable with a code in VC2.

It's a suspension parking brake since it's on a slope. :^)

I rather enjoyed the second game since it was my introduction to the sites and I was in my teens. This came out on 2010 for reference.

VC2 is better than VC3, it really depends on what breed of stupid nonsense you like. Both are awful games, limited severely by the hardware and running out of ideas.

Do you want annoying super moves that trivialize the game, an frankly insulting story that makes absolutely no sense (final boss can't be killed because… he's willing himself to stay alive, I'm not kidding). Play VC3
You want an annoying story that in no way meshes with the gameplay, horrible characters, and grind? Play VC2.

Oh boy, you're gonna love VC3 then. Hope you've still got those VC2 map layouts memorized

Same here.
I wasn't even into Chinese cartoons way back then so everything was completely new to me.

The grind in VC2 is not so bad once you figure out the drop pattern, it is pretty terrible if you don't however.

I tried getting into this series by playing VC3 but it didn't work out.
why do I have to run girls through 5 different classes just to unlock talents? I recruit a qt with high accuracy/low defence to make a fine sniper, not so fast you need to play the other classes for 80% of the time or else no talents for you! This fucking game.

Why the fuck wouldn't you start with the first game?

maybe he wants to get the bad ones out of the way first I don't know

Selvaria is the best.

Well storywise they aren't connected so I thought I'd go portable so I can play in bed. Sheer lazyness really.

I don't remember asking you.

It's a waste of time. You can S-rank every mission in the main story if you put in a bit of effort.
Besides, there's like 3 potentials that are actually good and require more than one class.
If you're really desperate to fill that last slot, get the first one from a class you think is suitable.

bump

Numbers dont make shit for good games.

Reminder that pic related is best girl.

Wrong picture?

Marina a cute.

Darcsens are nothing like jews and the whole premise is silly, not to mention overplayed. It would've been great if the racism part was properly done instead of being as shallow as it was.
Second, Cordelia pretty much didn't give a fuck and had chronic depression until Welkin came along and she probably fell for the dashing squad 7 commander with a hint of 'tisms who just rescued her.
Finally, the valkyrur themselves wrote that they nuked the darcsens and then blamed them for everything.

Also, Cordelia a cute.

except for deserving extinction

Why?
Their only claim to infamy is some far off Bronze age tier event (which they weren't even responsible for) that somehow everyone is aware of well into the modern era.

While the dark hair breathes, there will be no peace.

Reported for imp d&c shilling

Name on thing the Imperials did wrong.
I'm not seeing darcsen giving us voluptuous valkyrias.

She looks a lot better without that stupid hat.

Putting this guy in charge.
>Literally told titty monster Valkyria to kill herself
Imps truly are the alt-right of the story. They're the ones who deserve the Ragnite chamber, not the Darcsen.

That post makes me wonder, will the VC4 writers pretend that the Feddies are innocent crusaders of justice who dindu nuffin and introduce a guy to represent everything wrong with the army ala Damon, or will we actually see some legit shades of grey here? I'm hoping for the latter because of MC claiming the war is turning him into a monster