100% completion

What games have you 100%ed ? Are they also your favorite games?

I don't think I've 100%ed any on purpose, the concept never occurred to me, but I think I accidentally 100% baldur's gate 2 simply cause I put hundreds and hundreds of hours into it.

Better question, need autism advice on how to start 100% games

im playing pokemon ultra moon and watching a youtuber do a 100% walkthrough of it, played along with him. Post game is huge so im nowhere near done

100% completion is a retarded concept to try and pad out games that lack content. The very concept of 100% is tied to achievements.

It depends on the substance of post-game or the game itself

i like it when they reward you for 100 with a post-game boss (although they should just be unlocked after beating the game and what you stated still applies)
I like it when the post-game content is also challenges like extra dungeons or secret bosses
i couldn't care less about autism completion but if they reward you with a secret ending or secret moves for collecting everything or getting max score it incentives you to do it.

100% completion is only done right when you truly appreciate the gameplay by getting all items in a level (do all challenges to get all the rewards, beat all the hard bosses, etc)

fluff completion are achievements that are there to prolong game time or autism shit that is not fun

i think it makes sense in some games, like Kirby Robobot

You deserve more attention for this post than you will get because you are 100% correct. I am sorry

Majora's Mask is the only game I enjoyed 100%ing.

Hollow Knight does this perfectly.

Aside from 120 stars in SM64, I cleared the original Binding of Isaac 100%, including the eternal update. Currently playing through Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 to get 240/242. Right now I'm at about 90 with Luigi in Galaxy 1. I don't know if I would say Binding of Isaac is my favorite game, but it is definitely very fun. SM64 is definitely one of my favorite platformers.

This is definitely important, that's why I like Super Mario Galaxy's Grand Finale Galaxy and the Grandmaster Galaxy in SMG2. Has anyone here cleared the Perfect Run in the Grandmaster Galaxy?

Early 3D Sonic did this great IMO since the different missions had you approach the levels in different ways. I enjoy it so much i'v getting 100% in them for the second time.
On the flip side Sonic Forces is 3 hours of game, with 30 hours of filler. to get 100%. since you can only do so many challenges at once, by the end your still going to be getting shit like use dash slide to hit 5 enemies in a row.

Just Cause 2.

Depends on if it's obscure joke achievements put on Steam by the devs or if it's genuine in-game challenges. is right but even then I think there's some qualifications to be made, especially when it comes to Metroid-style games, since a lot of it boils down to tracking down x number of collectibles. As much as Super Metroid meant to me in my childhood, it probably wasn't the best idea to have 46% of the completion tally comprised of basic missile tanks.

The most recent game I 100%ed was Rain World and it was worth it, mostly because the majority of it happened naturally during multiple playthroughs anyway. The requirements are pretty straightforward once you understand the game, with the exception of a few achievements for different story decisions.

The very first game I 100% completed.

Oddly it didn't feel tedious to do so. Probably because you only really need to just pay attention more and try to actually do everything in every level rather than just try to complete it as fast as possible. Whenever I play these games now I usually get like 80% completion without even trying.

Yes. They reward you for every nook and cranny you explore. From just a hallownest seal to a new move or optional boss.

Dark Souls 1 and 3.
Nier tomato.
Almost 100%'d Xenoblade X, but burned out after 300 something hours.

GTA IV and MGS 4, both twice because the first time I 100%'d them before there were trophies on the PSN and I wanted to get em. I also tried to 100% Skyrim but I couldn't because it has infinite quests.

I did it for styx master of shadows because
All in all a good time instead of a miserable grind. I presume it's the same for the sequel and I'm looking forward to it once I get back in a stealth game mood.

None. I'm not autistic enough and as a pirate I have an infinete supply of free games to move on to once I'm done with the current one.

I actually decided to sit down and finish Banjo Tooie 100% for the first time this year.
It feels concluding to finish 100% after not having done so despite having a copy since childhood.

MGS: GZ and Alice: Madness Returns, I got 99.5% done with RDR 2 but I didn't find that finishing the last leg of the hunt was worth the tedious task of it, I really need to fucking go back.

100% for Arkham Asylum & Street Fighter 4. Although I'm not sure if 100% completion counts for SF4 since I been told that the next level is PvP play.

I 100% just about all my games, at least before that cheevos faggotry starting invading the games I like anyway.

soul calibur 1+2
sonic adventure
mario galaxy 2
OoT
HLM1+2

probably a few more but I can't remember and rarely do it anymore unless it's a shorter form game

The only games I've completed 100% are Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess. The thing I don't like about 100% runs is that you will almost always have to look up a guide unless you want to waste a ton of hours scouring everything to find all the secrets. To me, neither of those options give me a sense or feeling of accomplishment. The only reason why I did the Zelda games was because I've already beat each of them multiple times before.

Old games didn't have completion trackers.
I beat BG2 about 14 times. I don't think I did 100% because I never finished a full evil playtrough.

You 100% a game when you defeat the final boss. Collectathons are for niggers with no taste.

t. casualfag

this is how you do unlockables. By challenging you or offering you more gameplay.

Kirby offers you The True Arena if you 100%. it's not fun to search for the little collectables per se, but finding them all is a good excuse to revisit levels and pay more attention to level design. At the same time, They know people who will do the collecting grind are not the common casual, so what do they reward you with? an actually challenging (relatively speaking compared to the rest of the game) difficulty spike boss rush. That's a good unlockable and incentive to 100%. Same with Bayonetta

Demon's Soul's is the only game 100%'d

???

I'm currently going for a 100% on the dark souls trilogy, already have the first one completed and I'm currently going for the third game. I'm leaving ds2 for last because that game's fucked up somewhat. I almost got 100% on pepsiman but fuck everything about that last skating segment. I'm just one can away from it but god damn that shit is just frustrating.

Spyro 2 also has the nice reward of being able to take that permanent fireball powerup into NG+. Makes up somewhat for some of the shit you have to go through to get 100% the first time.

Worth it.

Burnout Revenge

10/10 game

problem?

I found this shit, the site missed 10 or so games that I got 100% in.
it was called Astats if anyone gives a shit

You need to go back.

shouldn't 100%-ing a game be, you know, fun?
I see no use in following a 100% walkthrough step by step
Not to mention playing ultra copy paste moon at all

you mean anything that came out after the last good pokemon games, X & Y?

Bullet Witch and RDR Manafest destiny was great fun

I only game I remember fully completing would be muramasa, allowing you to get the best endings for both character's story. while it was nice to see the endings (jinkuro's especially) the task of collecting every sword was boring. any difficulty after beating the main game is pretty much gone after it's over, and the white caves are all just spam the the strongest spin attack you have else have fun juggling multiple boss enemies. there was only one white cave I remember being somewhat interesting, and it was where you had to actually fight the local wildlife instead of trying to catch them before they escape. vid related is the cave 0:35 - 5:40.

The cannibalistic ones will happily bite whatever source of protein they will come across, including you.
t. crop scout

and probably a shitload of others I didn't bother to remember.

Depends on the game. For some games getting 100% means you just beat all the levels/minigames (Spyro 3), but others basically have easter eggs hunts for 3% of the content (Spyro 1)

>tfw it's a fucking buff item that multiplies damage by 10 and makes you invincible when the game is already too easy
Finding them all was kinda fun I guess and there were some really cool hiding places but I was pretty upset, what a shitty reward.

Ico and Demon's Soul comes to mind.

That "2 hours to beat the game" trophy in Ico was brutal, especially when you can't save in the last 30min of the game with the platforming.

You're saying pure bladestone is a good example of 100% completion?

What did you expect? It had to be a powerful item of some sort, you are literally complaining that it was TOO powerful. Of course to get it you've already completed the game, I don't think you can even get all 100 in one playthrough and even if you can it will be very near the end.

The Stanley Parable, i played in the beta btw.

The only ones I can think of are Super Mario 64 DS and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

If you want to sound like an oldfag you should say you played the mod.

I like getting all the achievements, provided that they are reasonable. For example, the first Portal had reasonable achievements and I got them all and it was fun.