Kaiji - Skyscraper Walk Of Death

This better not be Shit

its going to be garbage.

HE HATES IT!

He's not wrong though. Once you notice them, it doesn't fill you with confidence.

What the fuck is this? Just a balancing simulator? Why not just hold a really long grind or manual in THPS? What is the difference?

If your video only showed gameplay, I would have guessed this was some VR shit made with Unity. Making your game look like garbage to exceed in other places is one thing, but this doesn't look any better than that shitty AoT fangame from 2014.

They made a fucking Kaiji PS1 game based on the Rock Paper Scissors gamble.

Holy shit, it's just awful.

The fuck? Also, this is by far the worst anime I have ever made the mistake of downloading in my life.

How many gook cartoons have you actually watched? DBZ and Boruto?

I'm not surprised. Kaji's whole thing was taking something that should take about 30 seconds and stretching it out over 10 episodes.

Too many.

What a retarded idea. Better at least come with rock paper scissors and e card minigames.

Delete yourself

This is a joke, right?

They couldnt make a gambling game, no it has to be another switch gimmick
I am so fucking mad, but at the same time it's not like they could've made a decent kaiji game

I'd take a reskinned Poker Night at the Inventory at this point.

No. Am I being memed? Honestly, what do you like about the show? I couldn't find a single thing even remotely redeeming about it. It is genuinely possibly one of the worst pieces of media I have ever experienced in my life. It's not even a case of "Oh, this stuff isn't really for me" like garbage such as K-On. I can at least understand what type of person would like a show like that, but I CANNOT understand why anyone could possibly enjoy ANYTHING about this shit heap.

I watched several episodes of it and he was STILL talking about his strategy for fucking rock paper scissors. It's almost like a parody of the insanely bad pacing anime tends to have. It's like an entire series based off the 2 episodes of Attack on Titan where they're in the smoking talking after saying "OKAY WE HAVE ABOUT 5 SECONDS BEFORE THIS SMOKE CLEARS!"

If you can't relate with fukamoto's works then you really do NOT belong here. Go spend newyears with your family you fucking normalfag.

It's fine, don't worry about it

This isn't /r9k/, user.

The pacing.

>ant crushing simulator

Also

no, you're just underage b&

Next you'll start talking about Sword Art Online.

At least I think it was 5 episodes. I really wouldn't be surprised if that rock paper scissors game was actually the entire season, tbh.

So we getting a season 3?

Kaiji is literally the best anime released in years you shit

This is objectively wrong. Even if it was true, it still wouldn't really be an accomplishment.

Construction Simulator?

It certainly LOOKS like shit.
Or maybe that's just the power of the Switch.

Why? Would have been better as a vr game. Hell, why not do the shitload of gambling games seen in Kaiji instead of this?

They're making a game of this one arc? What a waste.

It would be interesting, but also insanely difficult, to ideaguy a game where you could catch a cheat and exploit it to your advantage with lateral thinking. That pretty much limits you to:

That's because it is a VR game. Rather, a PSVR game that's also getting ported to the Switch because $$$.

Of course child. You like AoT and SAO

This is the one game where it'd actually make sense to have a pachinko spinoff. But if they want to stay faithful to the anime, it'd have to be 100 hours long.

AoT may not be the god-tier shit that some have talked it up as, but it's still better than fucking SAO.

The characters have less polygons than a ps2 game. How?
How does the gameplay work?

You're one of the contestants in this interactive anime experience! Don't you want to be in the shoes of one of those disposable extras in a anime about losing your life and gambling it all away? It's going to be fucking shit. Who the fuck would even think about adapting this into a game?

0/10, apply yourself

Fucking this. Why would you pick the most boring and hamfisted arc they aired?

On the other hand I am glad Kaiji is seeing some love. Maybe this will lead to another Anime season.

The anime itself has a lot of bloom.

Couldn't have they just made it for VR if they wanted to convey how hopeless the game is?

If you go even back, they made a DS Kaiji game that was so terrible it's considered one of those games nips play for the sake of torturing themselves.
Also, reminder that Fukumoto lost all dignity in 2015 when he collectively destroyed all of his established franchises for the sake of cashing out on gaijins and tv dramas.

Only if you keep buying more Akagi merch.

I LOVE IT

Oh yes of course, go…guy, you can totally buy the switch now, trust me I'm an user like you, everyone should buy a switch and remember in our weekly thread of this exact same questions convince others to do as well.

Nintendo is the only game company that makes anything now good anymore.

They are the oasis of comfort and entertainment in the desert of hate and fake.

Their games are like benevolent videogame entertainment phoenixes, they are reborn every iteration, some times the phoenixes are twins! And the games are split giving you double the fun for just double the price, we did it with Zelda ™️ and we've been having Game Freak® do it for years with those pokemans you and I all love.

The new one is coming out to! Can't wait to play that on my Nintendo Switch.

But back to your subject OG, you should get the Switch, quickly too you know stocks are always running low, people are buying these things up like 10 year old hookers.

Truly a masterpiece in engineering, incredible solid design, you can drop it as many times as you like.

The controllers are revolutionary, split one apart for playing with a friend or significant other, maybe one of your waifus.

It even has anti theft protection, simply combine the controllers the incorrect way, and viola its unusable to any thief.

I love it for when my son's dad's family visits.

I'm a little upset, maybe even a little peppery, that you ask is it good now.

It was always good! An incredible library of games, you had Zelda and others! Not like you need others Zelda is open world now! It offers endless possibilities in all our favorite fantasy lands Hyrule.

Also Skyrim, dudes, imagine traveling down the subway and among your wonderfully diverse and happy passengers a cute girls sits next to you and sees you playing Skyrim, she would totally be into you and I bet she would invite you to her younger sister Batmitzvah, impress her by saying your character only eats food according hebrew dietary guidelines.

The Switch isn't only a console, a tablet, its a life improvement!

So go out there a grab a Switch OG, do it as soon as possible, take a pay day loan if you have to but get it.

It will be great.

He destroyed all three of his flagship franchises and started living off of his reputation rather than making anything interesting with his characters. Kazuya-Hen is the only good thing he's done this far.

Oh shit, forgot about Kurosawa.

How did the after coma ended?

Please, tell me it had a happy ending.

How can a game about an anime that's about gambling with your own life have any meaning if there is 0 danger of dying since it's a fucking videogame?

the suffering just continues

Don't give them any ideas.

Kaiji fans sure do freak out when you tell them their favourite gook cartoon is so badly paced that it ruins the show. If you didn't relate so much to the MC you might realise how bad it is. Same goes for Strongest Man Kurosawa. That Mangaka is overrated as fuck.

hehe

Fine by me as long as they keep framerates high.

Attack on Titan got really out there in the manga, if most normalfags read the current manga chapter of SnK after only having watched the anime they would be utterly baffled. Shit like the titans actually being genetically modified humans, the walled city actually being on an island, the humans living there basically being caught in an overly complicated genocide by giant genetically modified canibals sent by a bunch of fucks on the mainland. It’s not a good manga, but it’s always fun to troll anime onlys with.

But user, nobody expects anything to happen in a sof manga/anime. It's beside the point. But your intense, heart-pounding, thriller needs to move faster for it to even work. "O-no that guy is going to fall… six episodes later and he is still falling.. o the horror!". I think the MP crew sums it up best.

That's bullshit and you know it.

You mean to say you did? Just how often have you seen romance plots get anywhere in anime and manga until maybe the very end? Anyway, I'm not going to let you get away with comparing the pacing of a sof romance manga to a pyschological thriller.

I never did such a thing. In fact I have yet to read Kaiji. I just found funny that someone would post that garbage manga while acting like he has some superior taste.

It looks like a PS1 game, holy fuck.

Tomo-Chan is decent for what it is and Kaiji is bad for what it is.

That shit was obvious from the fucking intro of the manga with the mc dad's lab and him turning into a titan, don't tell me people are that fucking retarded.

That isnt real, i resfue to beleive that it is. It has to be an early april fools joke.

True, but you have to keep in mind that most of his early work up until some time during the 2014-2015 period had plenty of completely bonkers moments and even if you dislike all of his gambling shit, I really suggest you read Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa to see him at his best. Anything else he made afterwards goes from okay to lame.

FKMT stopped Akagi from ending "early" (as in a year beforehand) just to shove a shitty hallucination arc with Washizu, the man is absolutely self absorbed enough that he could greenlight something like this.

I did mention Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa in my post. I read it before Kaiji and it has the exact same pacing issues which Kaiji suffers from. Maybe the pacing works better for the former, but it still didn't change the fact that it was incredibly tedious. I really did want to like it as well.

I know people meme about PS2 graphics all the time but the polycount and lighting looks like an honest to god PS2 game. How do you fuck up this badly?

Dude the gameplay is literally a mini game from shit like Mario party or wii sports, they probably have a shoestring budget.

Oh yeah, Kaiji's pacing is awful. The anime does a waaay better job of condensing every thought into its characters. But if you think that's bad, Akagi's got it even worse. With Kurosawa it kind of works though because at the end of the day it's the everyday struggles of a decrepit old man, plus most of the chapters have some strong emotions attached to them, even when in jest. With Kaiji/Akagi and the other ones you could probably remove half the pages and get a much better series, but then he wouldn't be able to repeat the same word three or four times from the same four angles and adding pictures that don't really coincide with the story's atmosphere. He's the goddamn Japanese Tim Buckley, but when he made his hits, they hit hard.

So how do you guys think Kaiji is going to end up back on square one again after the end of the current arc?

for what pvrpose

(fucking checked)
Thread salvaged. Thank you.

The way I see it FKMT is setting it up to either become the next Akagi with a hundred thousand more pages of one-poker or he just wants Kaiji to get rich quick so he can immediately pitch him against the CEOs of Teiai.

They could have even done fucking mahjong and it would have been better than this, which I can only see working as being some sort of a licensed console qwop clone with shitty ps1 cutscenes

At least there was a fucking Akagi game for ps2. They just had to reskin mahjong and add voices/images of characters.