Alright, let's settle this once and for all

Alright, let's settle this once and for all.
I wanna go full Baldur and icewind dale playthroughs
Should i go for original saga or enhanced edition?
I don't care for any of these numale dlcs they added lately

Other urls found in this thread:

lparchive.org/Baldurs-Gate-2-and-Throne-of-Bhaal/Update 7/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

EE if you are really lazy.
Classic if you care to download a couple of mods to get the exact same effect as the EEs but better and cheaper.

Go full ee and enjoy the new politic correct fixes within the game. This is the most social aproved version you can get. Support the clintons and do not fall for the lies of the pizzagate movemant.

Please vote strong wamen into the govermant.

this.
also, 8/v/ doesn't really like baldur's gate in general.
so you can go >>>/back/

Its a waste of time, you will not have fun with it, nor you will learn anything about the genre. Arcanum, Fallout 1, 2 and Planescape torment are the only good games in the genre. Well, maybe with inclusion of some new ones like Divinity Original Sin 2, UnderRail, Age of Decadence and Shadowrun series.
But baldur and icewind dale are the most generic pieces of shit in whole crpg library, worst interface, worst stories, nothing inspiring. You will have better time reading books, or even The Legend of Drizzt and other Salvatore books on which series is based.

Nigga Icewind Dale is about the combat encounters. It's like Divinity Original Sin for D&D.

It's a great series but holy shit when Dahlia is introduced theres like a brick wall it all slams into.
Like removing her it immidiatly fixes the entire story, but she is such a terribly written chartacter

Fuck Dahlia

Enhanced Edition has some bullshit about gender shoehorned into it, so just stick with Original Saga.

I'm pretty sure the SJW shit is only in their newly produced DLC.

There's no bullshit about gender, don't make things up. Only one npc encounter with a transgeder added to the base game if you install Dragonspear. And Dragonspear itself is rather gameplay focused expansion. It costs literally $6 right now.

Fuck off back to 4chan, cuck.

You really don't

just pirate the original edition
the games are completely different though. Icewind Dale is basically a big dungeon crawl for the entire game and combat encounters. That said I think they're still better than the BG games
BG2 is especially overrated and the first isn't anything amazing

You should just download the Gold Box games if you want fun combat

>>>/oven/

never played EE, but install Baldur's Gate Trilogy (WeiDU) from spellholdstudios.

Funny, that's around the time I stopped reading them. I just couldn't follow what the fuck was going on anymore.

What's the deal with this romance? Why is it so infamous?

>Enhanced Edition by (((Beamdog)))
Never give anything to Beamdog that isn't the middle finger.

It's tumblr-tier before tumblr was a thing and she's also underaged b8.

SHIT OPINION CONFIRMED

user BG2 story is shit you dumb nigger.

being underage is the least of worries in FR

Baldur's Gate was Trilogy?

There's a mod called Baldur's Gate Trilogy which makes the two games and their expansion packs play as one complete game. It also makes Baldur's Gate I play more like II.

Tutu does the same thing. I've always used Tutu, but there's no reason for my decision. I don't know much of the differences, it's just the one I picked.

1+2+2's expansion

The absolute state of Holla Forums. You can thank Holla Forums for bringing over so many /r/The_Donald newfags.

Stop shifting blame. These people are retards from 4chan Holla Forums and Reddit that Mark let infest the place.

EE doesn't really add anything save for one monk (who is cool) and an obnoxious wildmage as player characters. Can't recall any obvious SJW nonsense in BG 1 EE.

BG 2 EE adds a literal dindu vampire (as in black and sees nothing wrong with mindraping the girl she uses to contact you), a half-orc who joins the gay community for you if you do not choose negative responses to him at all times, and hilariously imbalanced class kits.

Didn't play IWD EE, but given that the games did not have much of a story in the first place, there is little to fuck up.

I'd still recommend the original, because fuck Beamdog.

Shit taste confirmed.

This. Icewind Dale is pure combat, the story is just there to get you to go to the next place and kill more shit.

TuTu was originally more stable and easier to install and deal with in general. BGT and Big World have improved immensely over the years though.

In any case, OP you should just download the original and use mods, which as others have pointed out, is overall better than giving Beamdog money. Ironically enough, the best place to get info on modding is now the Beamdog forums.

Those books are still better than anything shat by bioware in BG.

You can go back, hiveminding redditor.

Bad idea. It's mostly about story and the combat sucks. I recommend you avoid it.

Sword Coast + Shadows of Amn + Throne of Bhaal

Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale… isn't their combat the same? They're both group based, D&D rpgs… they're the same! Kill monsters, gain shit and levels. It's the same.

(you) do realize that is a TRSodomite meme that is perpetuated by Holla Forums? Or are (you) genuenly retarded?

I read the first 2 or 5 chapters of the first Icewind Dale book, and I dropped it because I had a feeling it was going to be a shitty series full of Mary Sue shit (Drizzt is a faggot).

Icewind Dale has a bit more spells to play with (I didn't like the 1st one), and Icewind Dale II has a lot more spells to play with, and just more in general because it's 3E. And the story isn't complete shit in the second one, either.

The pic is for you

Yeah, if the series just ended with The Companions were resurrected and they cut out Dahlia entirely from the whole reclamation it would've worked but holy shit is she such a bad character.

Yeah, the Icewind Dale trilogy is a little bit of a rough point to pick up the story. Funny enough the whole series was going to be about Wulfgar but after fans reacted to Drizzt it changed to him instead. It's best to begin with The Dark Elf trilogy, then stopping completely at The Ghost King. As much as the redemption of Artemis Entreri, Efrin as a character, Afafrenfere and Ambergris as being great Dahlia mucks everything up with how poor of a character she is.
Like, you know that one character in Hey Arnold that wore a bunny suit and was so hated by everyone that he was entirely written out of the series? Thats Dahlia in a nutshell. It's a great series of books but that ONE blight.

Also, check out the Sell Sword series because it's a spinoff trilogy featuring Entreri and Jarlaxle being mercenaries.

Forgot the pic

Wait, this is Aerie?! What the fuck did they do to her? How do you make Aerie even more unlikable?!

I can't read fantasy books these days because 99% of them are just shit. They're nothing more than a butt-hurt nerd or a numale writer living out their shitty fantasies. Tolkein would cringe from the shit that's out there.

I don't blame you for thinking, actually.
R.A. Salvatore has pretty much fallen. He's unapologetic about Dahlia ruining his series and is downright cringe on Twitter.

I've just shifted from American writers lately because they've started turning awful

Eat shit.

The only good fantasy series that came out in the past 20ish years are The Kingkiller Chronicles for pure fun, His Dark Materials for adventure/YA stuff and Malazan Book of the Fallen for epic fantasy awesomeness.

There is literally nothing wrong with Aerie.

I stopped reading at the point Drizzt was going full edgelord again after thinking Bruenor died. Am I missing anything good?

Well, Bruenor died in a sense but in thanks to Drizzt and hyping up an "All or nothing battle between good and evil" event that unfortunately never happened Thanks Dahlia.
Anyways, remember when Kat and Regis were taken away a long time back and Jarlaxel was looking for their spirits wherever they went? Turned out that they were taken to Irruladoon which shows up every Spring Equinox. The place is sort of outside time in a sense and the outside world moves faster but I forgot the scale. But not only is Bruenor there but also Wulfgar. So the companions are given a choice: Go on to their deserved afterlife or risk it all again and be reborn to help Drizzt in this battle, that again, never happened. So they all get reborn and have to go from birth to adulthood. At this time Drizzt and his new party find themselves in Irruladoon 3 years in the real time line that the Companions set out of Irruladoon, so with the last bit of magic left in the place the nu Drizzt party are forced to sleep 18 years.
After Drizzt gets "beaten" due to literal BS because Dahlia is fucking awful the Companions are at the top of Kelvin's Cairn where Drizzt is magically transported and Kat, now a mage/cleric, heals him up and thats where that all ends.
That takes place in the Companions Codex book 1, which is decent especially for the transformation Regis goes through since he didn't want to be the person the party carried. He ended up getting a special trait in his rebirth that allows him to partially breath underwater, he becomes an alchemist, trained by a crime family in fencing, finds love, pisses off a lich, and turns into a bad ass in one story. But thats about as good as it gets.
The other books are "bearable" if you skip over everything Dahlia and the "New" Do'Urdan related shit, gives way too much info and only reinforces "Wow Drow are bad" stuff that everyone already knows.

I think you think I got further than I did. I'm talking when Drizzt saw some other dwarf, that was wearing Bruenor's helmet, atop a collapsing tower, and assumed it was Bruenor. I believe there was a horde of orcs or something involved. This was right after Wulfgar got married to the barmaid. Then Drizzt went all Hunter and the book ended.

Fuck off and die in a fire.
Baldur's Gate Shadow of Amn is one of the best fucking games in existence, nevermind the (((Enchanted Edition)) bullshit, the game itself is a fucking golden beacon of hope to anyone that is vaguely into RPGs.
DOS2, Underail and whatnot cannot even fucking compare, MAYBE the new Shadowrun games can come close though they fall short on the fact that they don't have the same freedom Baldur's Gate gives.
Also fuck off with Drizzt, fucking mary sue drow piece of shit.

user here is the reason we need gas chambers.

Oh shit thats Dag Nabbit you're talking about! Yeah thats WAAAAAAY back in the story

Here is your (You).

user he is not talking about the lore of Forgotten Realms and saying that in context of the others stories Shadow of Amn plays it safe and is vanilla and he is right. The is not the same thing as saying they are bad video games.

that* is not the same

Here's a list of responses you can give to Salvanas, the resident lech of the Copper Coronet, when he hits on Saerileth.

Alternatively, you can read this LP all about Saerileth and find out for yourself just why its the most terrible NPC mod in existence.
lparchive.org/Baldurs-Gate-2-and-Throne-of-Bhaal/Update 7/

Why exactly is SoA a good game? We can debate the merits of IE combat, but from a roleplaying perspective BG2 is ass. Even when offered a choice it's always the same shitty BioWare good/bad joke where the developers never actually expect you to pick the evil choice, and the game reinforces this because the good choices has no real drawbacks, you usually even get more and better loot in the process. There's almost no instances of being able to solve quests in a different way either. They might as well have made a linear game out of it.

The guy behind it spergs out way too hard with the writing.
For example, there's a conversation in BG2 where if you're a female character, you can get hit on by some guy in a bar. You get something like three responses- tell him to fuck off, flirt back, and let him down gently.
If you have that same conversation happen with Saerileth in your party, you get like 20 different options that are all terrible.

SoA is the best Bioware could offer, which is a lightweight DnD like experience for people new to the genre. t's really just a take it or leave it situation.

And this with Black Isle holding their fucking hand every step of the way. What a shit company.

Are you mentally retarded?
First of fucking all, he said they have the worst interface, then he says that they have the worst story.
How about you actually get into reading comprehension before you come up with such turds of a statement?
Baldur's Gate might be Vanilla and it MIGHT go by classic D&D role, that does not make it bad.
It has a fleshed out story, a shitload of magical items that all have interesting effects, so many sidequests that before you go into chapter two you've probably amassed so much gold that you could pay the Shadow Guild seven times over AND EVEN THEN the game doesn't stop being hard because of it, it still holds a fucking challenge afterwards, throwing you down into the fucking Underdark or into the abyss with some Shaguain if you trust someone you weren't supposed to trust, plus gaining a fucking vorpal sword in the process.
How much of a god damn retard do you have to be to even consider that shit vanilla?
The sheet amount of content, the sheer amount of shit you can do in Shadow of Amn is absurd, the selection of classes and companions only adds to the fire.
Even Fallout 1 and 2 fail in that aspect, because the classes end up being largely irrelevant as Energy Weapons and Enclave Armor rule and let's not even talk about companions because the AI for companions in Fallout is nothing short of retarded.
Planescape can rumble with Shadow of Amn but only because the story is so much better, however the combat is way fucking worst, Shadow of Amn has better spells mechanics, better combat, better weapons and a shitload of variety over Planescape.

Plus, Baldur's Gate it's basically 2e, which is objectively the best system for D&D.

Throne of Bhaal and Iron Throne are weak but don't you tell me that Shadow of Amn is lacking in anyway because that's plain bullshit.

i wish i was this easy to satisfy

I wish you brought an actual argument.
Because that isn't one.

I won't because discussion about BG2 has been done to death, and you're clearly overstating what the game brings to the table. It clearly started a new age for rpgs simply because it was less complex and open than the rpgs which were being made until then. That point of discussion is nothing new, and to be honest, I actually thought it was the consensus about both games, actually.

I must say IE interface is pretty comfy, but BG2's story is nothing truly special, and it's only brought up by Irenicus' voice actor. If you really know what you are doing, and if you really know DND, BG2 is never hard. The oh so difficult dragon fights are actually quite easy if you know what to do (granted, you might need some meta knowledge, but still).
I mean, if the game wasn't a bland experience, mods like SCS would not exist.

who wrote this, this is fucking awful. And why is the same concept spread across 11 options.

Fuck off. Your idiocy does not represent 8/v/.

Long long ago, I liked them. Played through BG 1 & 2 approximately 10 times. Finally got burned-out and sorta started to hate old TRS products the more I realized the developers where always cucks. Now I hate them, being a bitter curmudgeon. Therefore, I can't honestly defend the games without bias, all of then even Planescape Torment have the taint of fish wafting up from between her legs. Like someone who drink too much goldschlager but now gets stuck whenever they smell cinnamon. Yet, I assume they must have been appealing at some point to have had devoted so much time. For fuck sake Drow Elves men are just masochist and the women are Dominatrix. Plus Dragonlance > Forgotten Realms :^)

user you clearly have never read a good story if you think shadow of all was well developed.

Oh fuck off.
Fuck right off.
Of fucking obviously if you're a master of videogames SoA won't be hard, what kind of a fucking argument is that?
Jeez, let's go Kensai dualclass into Wizard… oh wow the game isn't hard, who would've thought?
You can't tell me that the first time you fought Firaaag or whatever was the red dragon's name you killed him on the first try.
You cannot tell me that you automatically knew clay golems where immune to magical weapons.
And don't you dare tell me that the labyrinth wasn't a pain in the ass.
Obviously after you've played the fucking game things are going to be easy, no fucking wonder but the first time around that shit is hard.
Figure out who the murderer is, find out about side quests and multiple solutions to those quests, learn that wizards can gain a stronghold, go explore which classes get which strongholds I mean the fucking variety is absurd.
A sword that drains levels but requires you to become evil to gain it, a sword that casts haste, a cloak that reflect projectiles, a shield that reflects fucking magic I mean fuck, is that not variety?
What does the other games bring?
+1 to hit?
+1d6 cold damage?

Also
SoA story is amazing, it's an excuse to send you around this magical world and to kill magical creatures or solve mysteries and whatever the fuck, the story of SoA does exactly what it is supposed to do and that makes it good.
And what kind of a fucking argument is
So only bland games can have mods?
You're an idiot.

That gay half-orc is in BG 1 EE. Oddly enough, there's no way to get him to fuck you there and he's a fairly decent companion, if edgy. The edgy characters in BG are the best ones anyway.

I raped Firkraag on the first try and I'm not sure how you failed to do so seeing they give you all the fucking tools you'd want right in his lair. Golems aren't immune to blunt and using a +4 staff made quick work of them. B-but I used an axe! Good for you, though about picking up the flail or the magical sling conveniently placed in either zone that has them?

Flayers were a bit of a pain but that's mostly due to me dumping INT and they draining you bellow 1 counts as instant death.

>play BG1 vanilla
I tried to pick it back up and restart several times again, but always failed before even reaching the city.
Exploring was fun the first time around, but now it just bores me and killing for exp feels like a huge grind I should not be bothering with and the no-fun combat is not helping.

In contrast to that,

Maybe one day, that game really deserves to be finished.

Stay mad nazi boy!!!

the Dragonlance games are hard and incomprehensible to the uninitiated, but we are initiated, aren't we user

You know you can put in there your pick of avatar pictures for any character, right?

no user, LORE… fuck the video games. Nothing video game related is worth while from TRS. CRPG's are all garbage (except for Fallout 1). The only right way to enjoy DnD is Pen and Paper but PnP requires having friends which means its out of the question.

Looks like the type of faggot that should be on a sex offenders list.

Must feel awful to have the same iq as a nigger

NO. YOU ANONS STOP FIGHTING

IT'S TIME FOR MERRIMENT
AND CHEER

I'M RETARDED. DEVOTE YOUR
AUTISM TO ME, SO THAT YOU ANONS
CAN SHARE IN MY RETARDATION

No, Planescapes is.

Define good story?
Don't tell me - it has to be "original"? Or deal with some metaphysical bullshit? BG2 story is nothing grand or new, but it works and works well. Far better than 99% CRPG crap.
You might say it's nothing special - but nothing is "special". It's all in your head.

Good that you admit your utter lack of even an attempt at objectivity.

As someone who only recently started playing a lot of CPRGs, to see what I've missed out in my youth, I would not recommend Baldur's Gate, or its sequel.

The games feature a lackluster story, with only a handful of cool characters, as well as moments. Out of a character count that is probably in the hundreds.

That said, Enhanced Edition is perfectly fine, and you can easily avoid the aids content implemented by Beamdog. (Just avoid anything that has to do with the OH I'M SO WHIMSICAL mage girl)

But I would urge you to just skip it all, and instead play Planescape Torment, or Arcanum, or any of the Fallout games not developed by Bethesda.

This is kind of my complaint ti

This is kind of my complaint with most CRPGS. It's fine in dungeon crawlers or games that focus on party combat rather than story-telling as the primary draw (like ice-wind dale or other older D&D rpgs, though I think those were mostly dungeon crawlers anyway) since you can't blame an orange for not being an apple and the appeal to those games is completely different. But you'd think there'd be more of a focus on writing characters that you want to spend the next 50 hours of your game time with. Even if none of Baldurs Gate's characters were exceptionally interesting there were enough potential companions that I could find the ones I did like and tell the others to fuck off. The only character in Pillars of Eternity that I give a damn about is Eder since he's the only character that feels like a real person. After meeting up with Durance and hearing his spiel on burning animancers and killing Hollowborn children I couldn't think of a good reason at all to want to hang around him. Grieving Mother reminded me too much of a 2deep4u high school age goth chick that got molested by her older cousin for me to be all that impressed with her and the other characters are just plain forgettable. Aloth is alright and with the exception, again, of Eder none of the characters felt like a natural part of the setting, like these were the kinds of people one would expect to be a product of the that time or place. Tyranny did a bit better, the conceit of the game is that everyone is kind of an edgelord anyway so you're supposed to run with that and have fun, so verse going on about th ethrill of killing never rubbed my the wrong why like it would in other games. I plain forgot who any of the companions in Tides of Numenera were (I almost forgot TON was even a thing), I had google that shit and only remembered two or three of them.

Alternatively I have a really love/hate relationship with Divinity: Original Sin series. I hate the tone of those games something fierce but they put characters into those games that absolutely belong in that world, doing the things they're doing and are generally very well written so I always end up liking them.

I don't think it should be hard to solve the problem of shit party members. Think about the people in your life that you like hanging out with or would like to hang out with and turn those qualities up to 11 to fit into a heroic role, no? Hell just grab historical figures that are inspiring and take the legendary version of them people love and make those your characters, Nobody is really going to notice if Zorblax, Hun-garr the Mighty and Lord Asphalt are really Martin Luther, Alexander the Great and George Washington and just thinking about three people like that having to go on a mission to rescue a three-titted princess from the tomb of a pagan frog-god - well it practically writes itself.

The waifu's usually always suck too and at the end of the day, no matter what medium your talking about, success or failure is determined by the quality the waifu's.

I see you misinterpreted some negative reactions and complete lack of discussion as being a universal quality. The fa/tg/uys simply hang out at their own board most of the time and are pretty small in number, usually it's one specific CRPG and that's where most of the CRPG discussion happens. This is the same for /m/, in fact 8/v/ is basically the unofficial /m/ board since all the /m/ fags hang out here in their odd /m/echa game generals they make.
Honestly instead of treating it as a hive mind you'd be better just treating it as a bunch of anonymous cliques. You can bet your ass those Monster Hunter and Fighting Game generals have a sizeable chunk of autists whom basically hover entirely around their general threads and only come out and post in other threads once in a blue moon.

Well, it was easy: Nothing beats a good book.

The absolute state of chesscucks on nu/pol/. Hey kid, ever wonder why there's no content creators on 8/pol/? Because they've all up and left when it became impossible to criticize Trump's bootlicking of Israel.

I think Aerie is cute and she gets much better and less whiny as the game progresses. Plus she reminds me of Krystal Boyd.

Get the fuck out!

he acted like a little fucking bitch
a tubby, fat, cuckolded bitch

Pretty much a good idea.

It's unnecessary to play the first BG, but Shadows of Amn is nice. IWD 2 is fun too.

(checked)
user, I just stated that 0% of CRPG have good story, that the novels are better and that bunghole gate was mediocre in comparison. Whats the deal with the incredulity when I was already so deliberately clear with my standards. If you still don't understand. 100% of ALL CRPG's are Crap and only PnP do western Role Playing games justice. However to properly enjoy western role playing games appropriately then one must have friends and having friends means you are a normalfag, therefore not "one of us". ALL attempts to translate the PnP experience to a digital platform has been an utter failure. japan's bastardization of the genre has been much more fortuitous in terms of fun factor and the only people whom still defend CRPG's are the mentally ill Transexuals who may or may not have cut off their penis.

cringe

Original, EE is for faggots and faggot lovers.

You know how I know you're a faggot?

I remember when a few buddies and I were playing BG, he hadf a wild mage named "Brianna Wu" and got this ring.
We laughed for an hour after that.

Hey goon, give me a break. PNP is garbage unless you invest a ton of time and a ton of autism to homebrew something fun. Alcohol is optional and highly advised. As for muh poz I dare you to find me a recent paperback that doesn't contain or straight up pushes any. Now, you want to talk BG? It would be a better game if they dropped the dnd shit, the godawful system and all the book/whatever references.

Does anyone actually use Magic Missile? I find it ocasionally useful on mid and higher levels to stop casters but that other lvl 1 Orb(?) spell (don't remember the name) is better, I think.

Chromatic Orb can be the poor man's finger of death but generally if you can use MM you use it. First it does 10-25 magic damage which is alright and second it's surprisingly effective to strip iron skins, mirror images and such. It's also about the only reason to have Edwin in BG1.

I can't believe these types of questions are still being asked

Cleric quintet is superior to the Drizzt stuff.

Baldur's Gate EE should be avoided. The pozzing just isn't worth the enhancements

Icewind Dale, on the other hand, has no additional liberal arts dialogue in the EE as far as I can tell, and they fix a number of significant problems with the original such as female gnomes and halfling mages having male dwarf sprites
There is a female dwarf in the first tavern that gets a little upset when you misgender her; it is sometimes thought that she was added in EE, but in fact she was in the original and bearded female dwarves are simply how D&D rolls and her reaction is in keeping with lore

it's a testament to the attractiveness and staying power of a game that the question of whether to get its pozzed redux still comes up

Its not even close. You can count all the skill checks and meaningful dialogue choices in the whole game on your fingers.

what the fuck are you talking about? The last edition of PnP I played was AD&D 2e in maybe 1998. I loved BG back in the day for what it was, but it really wasn't as good as having friends to play a real game. Nothing after the infinity Engine even came close to simulating Role Playing and in hindsight the Japanese had the right Idea to diverge from trying to emulate PnP focusing on a more Tactical role-playing approach. However, the IE games also haven't aged well and the writing was never that good. They earn their place at the top of a pile of dung. One could rightly said, "Surely this poop is the most majestic of all the poo in this pile", and the honest answer would be Yes, they are the greatest CRPG's ever made, which only in all honesty is heartbreaking because the "Best of the Best" is in this case is mediocre.

Having played both, I'd say go for the EE. I bought it way back when for a tenner, and found it to be a lot more pleasant than Vanilla BG.

The new characters didn't really do anything for me, though. That wild mage was a qt, but the gay Half-Orc hitting on you was cringy as fuck. It's easy enough to ignore, and at least there's not tranny waving his dick in your face like in that Dragonspear DLC.

But before you play it, you should get a basic understanding of D&D. Back when I first played it, I had no idea what I was doing or how the system worked, so I didn't get very far.

That's just the 1pp mod which, by the way, wasn't even fully implemented in the BGEE games. Either way, you're modding the game so why even bother with EE at all?

BG still gets regular threads here and elsewhere on the internet. You can't say the same for the Witcher series, or Bethshit (except Morrowind) or any number of other RPGs. Therefore there must be something good about BG.

It does? I can't even remember when I saw the last one.

It's forbidden to like things

Solid spell on anything that doesn't have an immunity to lower level spells. Midway through BG2, it's pretty much the only lvl 1 spell I have learned.

The IE games are, if nothing else, interesting. They're significant from a gaming history and innovation perspective, and they have a lot of memorable characters and events. Like it or not, the games not only stick out more than their competitors, but they also have more staying power. I still care more about Jan Jansen getting cucked than I do about any of the characters in the Witcher series.

Your standards are shit.
Novels are trash.
Movies are trash.

And replaced it with what?
D&D is great, it just needs tweaking. I can't recall the last RPG system that wasn't trash.

I almost dropped him from the party for going along with that nonsense, but it was so far in to the game I just ignored the idiocy. I don't think it was ever brought up again, either.

Enhanced is shit. Stay away. They added 4 mary sues and that's about it.

Why would you play rpgs with pnp when you can play them on a computer? Get with the times.

Neither. Play Neverwinter Nights modules instead. Get it fast, though, because Beamdog is about to release and "enhanced" version of it and remove the original from GOG.

I'm talking about how crpg threads around these parts changed for the worse about two years ago. Concretely after Holla Forums if you can remember that cesspool went to war against full/tg/ and some of that spilled over to Holla Forums. Mostly shitting up fa/tg/uy friendly threads. Now, if you're not a part of that my bad but I see you using some really familiar shitposting.

How about something that's designed for the medium it's intended for? I'd personally use P.I.R.A.T.E.S. or the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. as alright examples.

Witcher and Fallout get more regular threads than BG. The only time it got regular threads was back when Dragonspear got released and everyone wanted to shit on EE.

Eder was actually really popular with Pillars' female audience, you know. Turns out that if you make a male character who's personable, good-natured, has a sense of humor, and is good looking, women will find him attractive.

This ties into a theory I have regarding writing characters: make them fuckable. Or rather, understand why someone would find them fuckable. It's a good way of humanizing your characters.

Why? Aside from the faggot new characters who clash very strongly against everyone else and who you can choose to not have in your party, there is no reason to not get the EE since it is much more convenient to play.

How the fuck did you get hooked on Baldur's Gate at the very beginning? It has one of the most boring fucking opening sequences I've seen in a video game.

Modding the regular version is literally downloading and installer and pointing it at the right folder. The EE also needlessly fucks with the UI. Even the new class kits are all rather worthless (or broken in the case of the Blackguard).

This thread has 100+ replies. The Witcher thread had like 50 last I checked and the Fallout threads are usually just some idiot wanting to talk about nu-Fallout and people "de"railing it to old-Fallout instead.

Uninstall and play better games, or play EE but with original edition cutscene mods.

But EE has pretty nicely stylized cutscenes, they make me think of Thief.

I've honestly never tried the modded version, but does it have easy looting?
Because that, the quest log and maximum HP rolls are the things I really liked about EE when compared to the vanilla that I played before.

The Candlekeep start isn't that bad and if you have no clue what you got yourself into, the assassination attempts can be very enticing.
It only becomes a drag once you leave Candlekeep up until the point you get a proper party going.

But it doesn't take too long for you to leave Candlekeep and if you want to autistically search every location like I did you will quickly find that there is little interesting stuff besides some extremelly short like scene or two side quests and maybe side-items.

Both of those are in the bgtweak pack. What's not in that is all the BG2 shit that's not remotely balanced for BG1. Additionally there are significantly less opponents in EE and most of them have their old proficiencies and resistances which count for exactly jack shit in a game that plays under BG2 rules.

Fucktard.

barely any of them are talking about the games

There's nothing to talk about, they're just bad tabletop sims.

I played some baldurs gate dark alliance on the ps2 a long time ago, after I found out it has like a million related games under different names and they are all about some really gay DND setting I was kinda put off, but it was fun so I might try to get to those now
should I?

The dark alliance games are pretty different from the original. They are better games though

Everybody's played the games to death. Players trying out the game for the first time are either giving up early or enjoying the challenge of figuring out how to play. Besides, that one guide on gamefaq covers pretty much everything you need to know about the games.

honestly I recommend pirating the EE versions simply because being able to middle mouse grab to move the camera made my experience a lot better.
whatever you do, don't support (((beamdog)))

I read some chinese webnovel about a warlock that was trying to genocide all the dnd gods. It was quite entertaining. If the official novels are better than the games as stated in this thread which one would you recommend? Slight preference for the nine hells of baator or the underdark.