Xenoblade Chronicles 2: KOS-MOS FINALLY EDITION

Surely, you too must have gotten KOS-MOS by now?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/production-notes/index.html#20171225
amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-036149
youtu.be/WXIewCMep64?t=4m34s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I haven't gotten a single rare. I've only popped like 13 commons though. On that note, how do you get rid of shitty commons?

Go to managing your blades and then press X, but you'll want as many blades as possible as field skills are required for the story.

Additionally if you don't already know, the way the element chart works is it shows you elements and you gotta be on the second level to progress to the next element.

Basically Pyra level 1 then wait for Nia to get a level 2 with Dromarch then finish with either Pyra's level 3 or level 4 art.

I don't have Kos-Mos, I have something more interesting, I have a fuck you directed directly towards to you OP, you triple nigger
I don't even want her at this point, I've tried too much. I still don't have her and Vale. I'm pretty much purely finishing blade side quests and trying to max as many as I can, but seeing Zenobia's tree makes me unwilling to finish her. What a fucking nigger decided to not count them as done if you killed them once? Do they think it's fun for my lvl 99 squad that wrecked almost all superbosses (some I haven't tried yet) to go around searching for lvl 12 shitty uniques? And they have to be done in exactly the order Zenobia wants so it's even more annoying.

Post-quest Dagas is only a bit worse, he isn't shit like Gorg or more supporty like Agate, so he replaces her just fine. That I have him at S9 already helps, the king can do it.

Go to blade menu, click X, confirm. It's all written underneath, lower part of the screen. You must really have shitty luck, my first blade after Nia joins and you get the mandatory wind common was Electra.

You deserve a special ultimate final extreme miracle '''FUCK YOU.'''

I still don't even have fucking Dahlia yet.

Ayy, finally got one after popping 6 more commons. Perun/Tokiha on Nia. Feels pretty good, since I main her and was looking for something that wasn't a healer. Hope her spear auto-attack animations are better than common shitblades though, because that is some horrible stuff.

I just got the game a few days ago. I never thought pic related would actually come to accurately describe a vidya but it's fun.
I'm at chapter 4, and as far as rare blade go I got Electra, Ursula and Azami. Ursula fucking sucks to get on early Gormoth though. I do like that each rare blade has a storyline, a welcome 180° from X which was all effort on Lyn and Emma and the rest could fuck off.

I'm sorry user if if makes you feel better I got her at around 200 hours as my second to last rare blade, after grinding for rares and legendarys specifically to get her. It was probably at least 30 hours of grinding which has made me very overleveled for the final chapter. I'm likely gonna steamroll the final boss not even going below 75% health just like my fight with Amalthus and Jin I only have Newt left to get.

I didn't see it mentioned yet but you should also only release a common blade after you have finished their affinity tree because they give you items that can raise any weapon type by 1000, which is very helpful. Really the only time you should toss em out is when you are grinding for rare blades and it won't let you summon any more because you have hit the limit of blades you can have.

You know people are allowed to dislike things you like.

I've just realised the red affinity nodes only apply to their respective special skills. That's why Adenine says she has two times 100% guaranteed guard breaks and why they're called after the moves.

Why can't we get a legitimate remake to the Xenogears/saga games that would include all of games that they were originally planning on producing?

Just look at the FF7 remake and be glad it's not happening to Xenogears.

he's being ironic
you do realize that right

Do Pyra and Mythra affect the power of Pneuma? I wonder if there's any point cooking 50 trillion things for Pyra, I bet she'll instantly get to S+ due to all the Trust if I finish her chart

He was just pretending to be retarded, you see

gonna say it again, he has like 100 hours in the game and actually enjoys it.

ok so if you believe that why talk about him and why not talk about the actual game. Like anyone know the release dat of NG+?

He enjoys the game and complains incessantly about the sexualization of the characters. Dunkey is a full blown sjw, which is pretty typical of fat people.

January, I don't believe a specific date has been announced.

I got KOSMOS but I was on chapter 9, I'm hoping the master blade function and that rare blades are kept in NG+

stop trying to turn this into a 4cuck thread and talka bout XC2 instead

Neat hoping the new blades you get have their own story quests or atleast some OP skills to abuse for postgame bosses

Switch emulator when?

Who gives a shit? All ecelebs are like that. You can't trust a word any of them say. They're in it for the money, and being pc is profitable.

My PSP is my best friend

Did we get some 4cuck moderators too, with the refugees?

Where are the lewds?

because he wasnt even talking about the game and trying to derail the thread into shitposting 4cuck shit. go back there too where you belong.

So is Ursula instrument affinity only increased through the merc quests since im still stuck at level 2 with 90 in each stamp. Or do you need to take her to cities and play shit?

I hope the next patch with NG+ will also add level-scaled sidequests. Fuck all the Blade sidequests that want me to do worthless bullshit like beat up an evil level 50 guy or, even better, 25 level fags and the reward is aux cores II. What's the point?

Get 99/99/99 and do her pink missions, those that cannot be repeated. I didn't do like one of those and it still let me progress through the quest, but you never know. Once the quest has had enough tormenting you, you'll get a quest notice on your bottom right.

You need to use instrument pouch items.

Here

NEVER EVER!

I suppose you could check by seeing if your arts recharge when you get a crit as Pneuma. If it works then I think its fair to say yes, if it doesn't then I'd assume nothing else from them would be brought over either. I'd test it myself but I'm busy watching anime right now

Still worth getting pyra to full affinity for the weapon point items, not to mention you'll wanna be switching to her to do fire combos and switch back

I'm almost certain if you send her on merc missions to an area that includes said unique monster it might count. At least that Monster blade (forgot it's name) also has nodes that require you to battle uniques, and if you send him on merc missions those get completed anyway. Found that by accident, but I don't have her yet

Kurodil was pretty easy, Orion and Ophion were far harder. It's cool the items Kurodil drops grant blades their original weapon appearance rather than the generic designs, but from the stats it's clearly something for healers.

Also what is up with Blade Strength stat? I know it's for missions, but why is the trap by far the strongest? Maxed, he overpowers every other maxed blade I have at 64. Adenine is second at 61, the rest are 49-57. Is he the sort of trap who gropes faceless Nip oji-sans on the train and fucks you up if you resist?

Good point, I forgot about that, her arts never recharge so probably not. That's good, Pyra is not worth all that cooking when I'm not really using her anyway. Her sister is better at literally everything.

I'm rolling Dagas + Adenine/Ursula on Rex. I could replace Dagas with Zenobia I guess, but I'm feeling too lazy to do all her shit and then feed her Noponchos for an hour to get to similar above S trust levels when Dagas is only slightly worse at fighting while also doubling the received Gold which I need for Noponchos to max whomever I want.

Switch emulator soon

Haven't gotten the game yet. Someone last thread said
This still true, or did the update change things?

I remember that happening for someone with a boss too, but I've sent Zenobia on a few missions and nothing happened. Maybe because I sent her to Argentum with Ursula to get it done and even though Ursula's quest is long since done, it's useful for finishing those things fast. I'll try that on the right areas then, maybe I won't have to do that.

That's bad advice, especially considering there's IIRC mandatory field skill checks. With no big amount of rares/commons, that's not happening. Just avoid using too many on Rex. It's fine if he gets a few, but do more for Nia in hopes for a healer or the others. Next one prefers Tanks, fourth likes attack, but mixing is very fine.

I'm certainly not saying to not max out Homura. I'm trying to max her out myself, her damn cooking skill takes forever and a day though. I should go to all the towns areas and buy the recipes that informants have, maybe they have ones that don't take a fuckton of rare item i haven't even encountered yet.

Homura isn't bad and she has a few things that she does better then Hikari, it's just Hikari has two fucking broken battle skills, while Homura has 2 pretty great ones. Homura's Resplendence skill which boosts blade combos by 72% is great and when her flaming edge skill is used with Resplendence and blazing end to finish a combo she can do insane damage. Hell just her level 3 by itself for me often does 150k.

I don't think the update changed anything but i don't think that is the best advice because by the time you get to chapter 8 you should be getting 99 rare cores every few hours of normal play. However i do think you should wait to use your rare cores until you get both a luck percentage boost accessory and a luck flat boost accessory to go with at least 1 or 2 common blades with a luck boost % paired with a luck+50 weapon augment. I'm not quite sure of the chapter number cutoff point of when you should just sell common cores but it should be when you can use all 99, the max you can carry, without getting a single rare blade.

Thanks for the tips.

Guess I never noticed since I spammed collection points through my playthrough, anyway higher levels of cooking dont take as long sice at affinity 2 she makes 2 meals every time and level 3 she makes 3.

Merry Christmas!

How many heart to hearts are there?

I'd like some confirmation on pocket items, more precisely the favorites.
From what I've read, you can dump favorite items into someone to raise their Trust faster and if you use the Driver's favorite items instead, it raises it for every blade.

What's more effective? Using the Driver's item or a specific Blade item, supposing you have 3 Blades assigned to him that still need Trust?
Do you get your Trust bonus when you use the item or overtime as it's active? Because I get the feeling that you'd be better off putting a few dozen items in quick sucession and then leaving the best item for the effect you want instead.

I spammed collection points as well but i have 1 or 2 items for quite a few recipes that i wither just odn't have or i have just a handful of them. I have the same problem with some of the materials needed for high level aux core accessories. a fuckton of some and barely any or none of the rarer ones. I almost always kill and collect everything in sight which is why i find it all the more frustrating.

Well that's nice i was worried getting to level 3 would take forever.

No prob user.

Shit i knew i was forgetting something when i made this thread.
Merry Christmas anons!

Homura is getting a statue, if i wasn't broke I'd think about it.
nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/production-notes/index.html#20171225

Dagas has +60% blade combo +120% Damage/AoE at max affinity of his second chart so I'm still going to keep using him over her for that purpose. He also looks very cool.

1 for each rare blade, and dozens for the main party.

There's items that raise it more, like Noponcho is the king of cost efficiency, way better than favs.

Why that retarded pose? I don't mind the transparent holdy-things, I have xrd Ramlethal statue with that and she looks great, but she's floating/laying and the swords with her are awesome. Great statue. Why the smile when she looks like she's leaping into combat, why does the face itself look so off? It better not be expensive or I'd rather buy that new Ramlethal statue where she's standing instead.

Dunkey is a faggot who adopted the persona of a smug anime shitposter once it became trendy. If you've ever seen him outside his element, he's an awkward faggot who constantly mumbles and talks quietly or just says nothing at all.

Do you get to pilot actual mechs in this?

Should I beat Xenoblades 1 cause I'm at the foggy area. Or should I just Xenoblade 2?

Rather have Nia, but this is just dandy.

Beat Xenoblade 1 fist, you can start Xenoblade 2 in the middle of Xenoblade 1, however after chapter six you'll want to finish Xenoblade 1 by then.

How far am in Xenoblade 1? I just got to the foggy area with the merchants.

Only problem with using dagas over her is she is a mandatory part of your party so you now have two fire user types so you have less type coverage. I'd rather stick with her plus she is cute you can't say the same thing about a boy.

I didn't think about the pose much I kinda of like it but i do agree about the face and smile though. It's rumored to be around $200 so yea.

In 2? No you don't.

I'd rather have Hikari or Blade Nia or Pneuma Hell they should just give us every girl, and also Zeke. And also at $100 so i could actually have a possibility of buying one.

Finish the first game. It is an amazing game better than both X and 2. Satorl Marsh is maybe 35%

Chapter 10 the way they linked the games up was pretty clever

Nice, I Imagine we will probably get a lot of figures from this game.

Especially since they could have just made a normal sequel instead of a sidequel and no one would have complained. It's incredibly genius and kino.

Preorder is now available. It's 19,800 JPY so almost $200. That's an impossible to buy for me.
Also the face looks like fucking amiibo quality compared to the rest of her.

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-036149

I said that and I stand by it. I didn't mean you won't need rare blades, but rather rare blades pop from common cores frequently enough. I'm missing 8 rares so far, have plenty rares to cover any skill check I find. In fact, my common blades that are at or close to max level due to frequent merc missions easily cover the elemental masteries better than my rares. Aside from leaping, focus and superstrength you rarely need skills from rares anyway.
Without farming for cores I'm already sitting on 50+ rare cores. It always felt like a waste to use them early on, especially when you still don't have good Idea scores ans shit luck.

The face really does kill the figurine.

It features mechs, if that placates your needs
it doesn't

So I've picked up XC2, after playing XCX I thought the combat system was going to be kinda boring but XC2's got enough to keep me engaged despite auto attacks.
Currently in chapter 4 and I'm wondering how it links up with XC1 or XCX? Or if they're largely irrelevant to one another?
Also Poppi alpha is kind of annoying how she has no access to aux cores and you're stuck with doing that minigame to upgrade her.
I'm expecting there to be a Poppi beta and that she'll be better, but who knows.
I also wish there were alt costumes for blades, like when Pyra had the Poncho, but not hiding her assets. Maid lolita costume for poppi when?

I just wan't to know the devs fucking head canon for the Xeno series. Shits odd with stuff like some pissed off A.I called Deus that just wants to wreck the universe, multi dimensional portals, Jesus's waifu coming back as not one robots but TWO robots, a mad scientist blowing our universe to make new ones, glowing space gods and a talking turnip.

Is xeno a clusterfuck like smt when it comes to its canon?>

alternate realities stemming from one cataclysmic event in one reality and then some merging back together again

So it's a generic JRPG again?
I guess XBX was just a fluke.

How does it feel to have such monumentally shit taste?
I actually did enjoy XCX, but the other 2 are still better than it

Also,

XCX had better gameplay and exploration, XC1/2 have better plots and characters

?
???

I'll give you the exploration, though there really wasn't too much difference in gameplay between XC1 and XCX, apart from overdrive, and the skells, which, if we're completely honest, are just the same combat system except in robots, with a few small changes.

It's xenoblade chronicles X you fucking mongoloid

So you're just dumb person I guess.

While I like the exploration and Mechs, XC2 has a far better battle system then XCX

There is difference between diversity and (((diversity))).
XBX also lets you choose which races you want to ally with.

Where does X fit into the story? I can't tell if X is supposed to be a prequel and therefore real humans died off anyway.

Alright, let me explain where exactly you went wrong, so that even someone like you can understand.
Firstly, simple themes do not make a good story. A story set in space does not automatically have some level of merit, just like a story with a pseudo-harem does not automatically have some inherent lack of value.
Secondly, the story in XCX is in no way good, and boils down to two points: "diversity is strength", as stated; and "it's something about this planet", a plot point put into the game for the sole purpose of not having to explain any of the frequent plot holes that they purposefully introduce.

Finally, My original point was that XC2 was a better game than XCX, not that the story was better. The story IS better, but that doesn't change the fact that you were attacking a point that I never made.
Stop posting, ever.

As far as I can tell, X doesn't fit into the story in any way, they may link it into the story at some point, but so far, to my knowledge, no links have been made between X and either of the other 2 games

Really? Tell me at what point you get any sort of choice as to whether or not you want to ally yourself with the manon, or with L, or with the nopon.

I don't need a wall of text to know that you have shit taste.

You can ally or not with like 6 or 7 races, including warring clans of one race.

I love walking into enemies thirty levels higher than me everytime I try and venture outside the paths the game expects me to take, or even having to take a massive detour because they're just arbitrarily stuffed right between me and my destination.

The exploration in that game was total garbage. The only enjoyment I ever got out of it was seeing what I could manage to climb with the game's insane jump height..

No matter how hard to try to claim that it is, XCX is not the best game of the 3.
I still enjoyed it, I still had fun while playing it, but have no delusions about the quality of it, especially in regards to the rest of the series.

Really? 6 or 7? Even including the 2 factions of the same race, I can only count 3 or 4, all of which are simply sidequests, and have no standing as to your allies in the game whatsoever, short of adding a few more NPCs and sidequests.
Speaking of sidequests, if you ever wanted to 100% the game, you would need to ally yourself with each and every one of these races.
In addition, there is no active choice against allying yourself with them, apart from choosing not to complete the sidequest. You cannot actively choose to make them your enemies, nor do they, as I stated before, affect your gameplay in any meaningful way.

XC2 is more of the same in my experience.

He can't keep getting away with it!

It's nowhere near as bad in XC2 as it is in X.

Plus as long as you have a full party, you can potentially win that sort of fight since there were times when I'd be ambushed by Uniques 8 levels higher than me, and I'd still manage to win. In X fighting anything that's a few levels higher than you is suicide more often than not.

Yeah, that is (((diversity)))

No. You can not complete content and thus not have them there but that is the same as saying DmC is good because you can just not play it.

and we aren't even touching on the most important part here that the story is a mess that just drags along what little it has with lost tier mystery hooks that ends with "oh everybody was dead all along".

Also humanity never once manages a single solid win in the entire game. Every lifehold piece gets destroyed, The siege was just a distraction, and getting the core was meaningless in the end.

zum zum zum zum
ZUM ZUM ZUM ZUM

"Board favorite dunkey reviewed XC2 and went full SJW". How is this not talking about the game? We had plenty of talk about SJWs attacking the game.
You are just really, REALLY butthurt that it was Dunkey.

the faggot had 8 posts only talking about the video, not even the game just "dunkey cucks getting btfo hahah" It was pure 4cuck shit

Hotglue user, where are you?

Got to bed Boze.

Not really as the core can be used to clone the physical bodies as the dna is stored separate from the memories. .
So not pointless as the human race was saved but its a bitter sweet ending as the humans minds inside mims will be the only ones that will be able to be fully restored 100%.

So apparently completing a driver combo makes an enemy drop loot mid battle (I noticed it happened sometimes, never conected theh dots). So spamming driver combos by having Rex equip blades to deal Topple, Launch and Smash in a seqeunce helps a lot with farming rare cores.
Embed demonstrates this, watch if you can't understand broken english

Boze was a real bro, I liked him and how he was to his squad or students. He became a friend to that hurt Manon or Nopon in the end too so it can't be this user

yeah but with diminishing returns and I've never seen them drop anything as good as they would post loot except maybe a gold weapon chip. Anyway everyone knows this since you get a major tutorial that mentions it 3 times

I think the lvl 130 dinosaur gave me another of his chips for smashing his ass. That, or I got 2 for killing him which seems unlikely. They seem fine on healers, so I don't mind if I get them and I guess I'll kill him once or twice more to get a supply of them going.

Can't say I've experienced that myself. I've had plenty of unique runs where the first couple smashes give me some gold and maybe a rare or two and then on smashes 3,4, or 5 I'll get like 3 legendary items per smash. In fact I'd say this is what happens more often that not. I'd say it doesn't have diminishing returns at all it's just RNG.

X is the worst of all 3 of the games. Mechs were the same thing as normal combat, except now its just in a giant robot.

Exploration was top notch I'll grant you that but XB has the best combat. X's combat is just copy paste movesets between every other character and once your CAC was maxed out you had no reason to play any other character. Not that you had much reason to play as another anyways because even though the game had like 18 characters all of the ones sharing a class were identical.

Where were you when Connor was in the hotseat? Or did you dopes get shoveled in from duckchan during the holidays?

There are two reasons for Xenoblade threads: 1) mock faggots & 2) talk about the game itself
Stop defending a dumb decision.

I thought we had something going for Switch not too long ago, though. It was still early but it had BoTW, didn't it?

The kind of faggots who hate Homura are the kind of soys who hate 2B

You either get giant mechs (1) or a weaponized harem of synthetic servant girls - one of them being KOS-MOS (2)
I have to admit, it's a rough choice to make.

I can't understand how so many anons never realized this or just didn't want to accept it. Goes to show the heavily mixed crowd we have and how broken the next generation is

The pose is their attempt at combining sexy with cute, and though it's stupid it is genuinely cute without sacrificing sex appeal.

I have a few questions, help me out:

click the left thumbstick in battle

I heard they appear in the shop randomly after staying at an inn and stay there till you stay at an inn again, so if true you will have to spam staying at inns.

I liked BX better because of the setting, there are not enough scifi jrpg.

Thanks. I've googled all variations of "driver arts no details" I could think of with no avail

Has anyone found more drops since the patch or is RNG still bumfucking everyone?

Do a long rest at an Inn for Premium to show up.

The theme, setting, world building etc. are great, don't get me wrong X is still an amazing game. It just doesn't have the same level of love that XB and 2 have.

I just beat 2 it was a fun ride I have mixed feeling on the ending. Everything with Malos came out exactly as i expected no real complaints there. It was also a very fun way to tie together XB and 2 though i knew how that was going down the moment Klaus was revealed i had 2 or 3 theories and what played out was one of them which was then confirmed when we got more info from the cut scenes that kept rolling out, and then his name actually being said. What i don't much care for is Hikari/Homura/Pneuma's fake-out sacrifice. I don't like that the sacrifice was a plot point to begin with i don't really like anything about how she or any other character behaves during the bridge scene. I fully expected Rex to run and jump off the bridge and use his anchor shot to make it across and stop her coming up with some bullshit power of friendship and love that would prevail against the falling tower. Instead we get a sappy "death" that i knew from the moment it occurred to me that he wasn't gonna jump that bridge that she was gonna stop it and come back thru the core crystal or love or some other fuck shit. Honestly I'm still in disbelief of everything i just watched. I'm gonna have to watch it again in a moment, especially to hear Klaus and Shulk talk in English this time. I did like everything that happens to alrest. I like all of the titans meeting at a land mass and well their being a land mass. I wasn't paying close enough attention but i think the cloud sea was also gone and was just a regular sea which i also think is neat. I'd say my biggest complaint is the lack of anything surrounding the life cycle of blades and titans though i suppose you could infer that Klaus changed the way that functions since their is actual land and no need for that cycle anymore which i would love for that to be true. That's not all of my thoughts but I'm kind of rambling and I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into text anyways so I'll leave it at that for now.

Also no real need to spoil this but i think they could and should, and would be idiots for not doing so, is have 3 rotating series going on. An actual sequel to the first Xenoblade, one for X and now one for 2 as it leaves on a pretty similar note to XB.

youtu.be/WXIewCMep64?t=4m34s
im trying to look for all the intances dunkey went
i think it was in this dark souls video and postal
i think there are more
i can't get angry at him

One last thought i forgot to include If New game+ Isn't Exploring the new land that the titans meet up at (which i would bet my life savings would never happen) It should be the DLC or the sequel. I'm not sure which i would prefer maybe the DLC because i imagine a sequel would need a plot that is more than just explore this new place and given how it ends I have a hard time imaging a new foe coming along. At most i could see a war start for the land but not a bad guy trying to kill everything.

3rd game might focus on the missing 3rd Aegis Ontos, but Ontos could of been Alvis since Malos's true form was a Monado.

I can't say i was really fucked by RNG before aside from getting KOS-MOS as my second to last blade and rare blade rates in general, but item drops was always pretty great for me i never had a problem getting something i needed from an enemy. I also can't say i have noticed a change in drop count since the patch.

>since Malos's true form was a Monado.
Wait what? When the hell did this happen?

Does anyone know if their are god-tier pouch items for raising trust. Most items raise trust by 8 or 10 and a few raise by 18. I don't want to use favorite items because that takes forever and a day so items no one comments on can make farming much quicker.

Near last few chapters Malos reveals that his Aegis weapon is a Monado thus showing one of the major hints that 1 and 2 are connected. Did you not pay attention?

I noticed the weapon but i fail to see how him using a Monado as his weapon makes HIM a Monando himself. I don't recall anything in any of the xenoblade games that says that beings who use a weapon are the weapon. And Alvis was the computer.

really activates my fucking almonds

Pass. The close-up pics of her face and hair don’t look good, either.

Just finished the game, gonna keep my two cents as spoiler free as possilnle.
Great story, if you describe the plot it reads like an archetipical tale of fatherhood and a tale of Nihilism, which as a theme is a japanese favorite in RPGs. You have a good father vs a tirant father, at least in concept, with both being interpretations of what the architect could be, and colapsing in the end with the reveal and the architect's realization.
Then we have two nihilists in Jin and the Praetor. One being a flat suicidal, the very same archetipe of a school shooter (I'm unhappy/victim -> nothing matters -> before ending myself I'll bring you with me), one being narcissistic (I'm unhappy/victim -> nothing matters -> I'm better than everybody else thus the only one to judge everybody else).
All in all, good stuff. Will dig into the mithology later, maybe when new game+ releases.

That being said. While the plot is good, the storytelling is a MESS. So many reveals and plot twists feel like they have no reason to be kept hidden from Rex and the player, and plenty of cheap moments like "a-ha, I have this power that you didn't expect that I'll only ever use in this cutscene" or "we are very old beings with perfect recolection of events that happened 500 years ago that could clarify a lot in the story, but we'll keep these a secret for no good reason plus am I glad Rex doesn't like to ask us questions ever". And finally Rex could have been an actual character with a growth arc, adding a coming of age theme to the story. He isn't. A character I mean. Rex is a plot device, as blank as a sheet of paper, has no personal desires, no actual flaws, no past, no nothing. He is there to be a self-insert for the player, and a bad one at that in my opinion because he wears shorts even after geting a neat armor he still keeps the shorts, fuck you Rex

Pyra must enjoy that.

What a faggot. Didn't ya know, they are comfy and easy to wear!

I do agree with your points on the story telling and Rex as a character. Rex is supposed to be 16 or 17, to me that is not a kid that is an adult. I realize this may be a unique view because I was homeless for a good amount of my childhood and i was forced to mature and be an adult before i was even 10 so i consider 13 "adult" and 15 a grown-ass man. Because of this the "I'm just a kid" trope doesn't really fly well for me especially when the character is not less than 10 years old (which is almost never the case) 99% of the time these "kids" are 16 or 17 and well as i explained to me that is a full grown man.

It's funny how much of a shitstorm 2 pairs of tits can cause.

I bought the game for those tits, and I'm pleased there's a decent game behind it. My dick has yet to lead me wrong on a game.

Bitch please. The only thing that got censored in X was the revealing outfits for Lin the 13 year old girl. It was nothing like the crappy censorship in TMS.

chickity-checked
Funny how true that is. Even when a game tries to appeal to smut, if it's bad smut the game is also bad. Se BMXXX

And of course censorship apologists are also liars.

Inb4 (69) shows to shill.

Has anyone seen the Heart to heart scene with Hanna, Tora and Zeke in the world tree, JP dub?
Translation seemed good so far, but that scene was a huge letdown. Hope someone will address it in the future, since I wasn't recording and we can't review HtH unless we replay the game. I won't spoil it, I want you to suffer like I did

BASTARD

>misunderstanding Amalthus and shitting on him like a retard
The way I understand it, he cannot be blamed for anything and it's all Klaus' fault. Amalthus ignored his inner hatred for humanity to still help people out and was a great guy, saving everyone everywhere, only punishing the pure evil fags like that soldier from the cutscene or his mother's killers. Seeing all that wicked shit he later decided to climb the tree and ask the god for answers. Klaus is retarded and doesn't talk to him, but lets him take the crystals anyway despite knowing well how Blades work, developing less based on deeds and more on your thoughts. He was still helping out and being a nice guy, and then Malos is influenced by his thoughts that he never even acted upon before and starts a slaughter. So he starts believing that's what Architect actually wants, extinction of humanity, because he himself was doing the opposite. If god wasn't a literal halfwit and just bothered to talk to him at any point before Malos chimped out because of how Blades are, nothing bad would've happened, but no, Klaus had to be an emo shut-in too autistic to talk to others like a normal person. He probably used the vortex thingy to shitpost on this very imageboard rather than spend a minute to just get the blue guy on the right track.

So then Amalthus did nothing wrong.

Better update the chart now.

Debatable, but at least it's obvious nothing is his fault when Klaus is at the root of it all. It's as if someone didn't like humanity in his heart because he's had a cruel, bad life but behaved absolutely perfect despite of his thoughts, went to see God and left with Jesus in his entourage but without a single word of explanation. Then he continues being nice and ignoring what he thinks deep down until Jesus tells him he wants to destroy everything and starts actually doing it. Of course here Malos does it because Amalthus hates everything, but how's a guy with one of the shittiest pasts imaginable supposed to be optimistic and like everything and why should he blamed for it when he was trying to be good when he didn't know Aegises are also influenced by thoughts? If Klaus explained anything, Amalthus would've known and either not unpacked Malos or acted differently, like bothering to suppress thoughts through meditation or some idealistic bullshit. Why did Klaus make Aegises with such a huge flaw anyway? Can't he take basic precautions?

What

Bitch, let me tell you why Amalthus was utterly wrong.
>The only redeeming factor about him was seting up a war relief country. But even them he did experiments on people for his own sake and even attacked without evacuating Indol first
He is a pretentious self-agrandizing autist with an army at his disposal. No good came from any of his actions
Yep, he is at fault too. But that's what the archetipe of the tyranical father represents. A father/creator who doesn't care for the well being of his creations.

Nope, he is an adult, responsible for killing people
He caried his experiments and might have been killing blades for his own sake anyway. Plus he knows how the life-cicle of titans work, didn't discose the information with anyone and planned on watching the world die
If declaring good intentions are all that it takes to convince you…

Does anyone even use generic blades in battle? If it weren't for merc missions I'd kick those fucks out of my party the instant I got them.

Before Malos chimped out he killed no innocents which is what I was saying, unless you care so much for the lives of fags who murdered his mother and would've likely killed him too had he not done it first. A small child cannot outrun grown-ups like that, so he was also saving his life in case they were to pursue him the next day or simply happen upon hi. The soldier who then killed a family definitely was evil. Torna and other Amalthus' done shit happened way after Malos left.
His actions were perfect until he thought what he was doing was contrary to the god's will because it was a logical conclusion given the information he's had
In the end, yes, but he definitely wasn't before Malos. He had absolutely no reason to bring help and relief to others, but he still did.
Concerning evacuation I don't doubt he was evil later on, but where the fuck was he supposed to evacuate them? Others titans which were also attacking Torna and the tree?
He is purely at fault. If Amalthus wasn't given the cores, he'd likely have gone back to bring relief while secretly hating everything or killed himself. If he received any explanation, he'd not do anything bad too, likely ensuring Malos would not turn evil as well.
He did it because he thought the god wanted it, and he thought the god wanted it because despite his pretty much immaculate behaviour at this point, his god-given Aegis blade turned out wanting to destroy everything. No matter which way you look at it, Amalthus' evil actions are Klaus' fault for either allowing him to be corrupted by not explaining stuff or for giving him access to the cores. Are you unfamiliar with the time? He killed Torna's titan long after the war with Malos. I'm not denying he was at the end attempting to end it all, but it was all Klaus' fault anyway.
They weren't declared, you could clearly see them in his flashbacks. If he had no good intentions, why was he helping people before what I've mentioned happened later? Do you conveniently forget the scenes in the camp with that soldier? It's impressive he hated everything deep down, and yet he's found the strength to heal people and bring relief to them until he's started thinking god himself wanted the opposite. After killing the murderer before he did more evil, he's implied to have saved the kid. If he didn't care, why would he even interfere? If he didn't care, why heal the soldier before knowing him?

Even if, for the sake of argument, we assume his change for worse occured only after awakening Malos, he still is at fault. Malos wasn't his boss of anything.
Some people fled to other titans. Did he keep others because he didn''t care for them or to use as human shields? Both are reprehensible
Religion fundamentalism is the perfect scapegoat then?
He had good intentions, even if only acording to his own moral compass. But good intentions don't make good arguments

Examining his past as a means to understand what made him what he is is fine. But it doesn't take responsibility from him for his actions. We can derive a number of alternate routes that wouldn't lead him to this whole mess, including not climbing the world tree. But none of those happened. What happened is that he took upon himself the authority to judge others and commit mass murder in the process. The game does a good job at laying info so we can pity him, but at no point should we treat him as a mere victim of this grand scheme.

You forgot spoilers? You revealed whom he is with that world tree stuff. Malos' awakening too. Anyway, the assumption is not really an assumption. It is well-founded in the game. Nothing states otherwise, all his atrocities - Torna, fags who saw creation of Blade Eaters, etc occured later. Why would he show them the process only to kill them later so nobody but him knew how to do it if he already had evil plans by that point? It's pointless.
Except he was in the company of the son of god himself. That makes it a bit different than just a Mudslime kabooming himself because of a text. I suppose he could ignore it, but it is what let his inner thoughts of hatred towards everything take over.
Pre-Malos awakening I saw no fault to his actions at all. Kill murderers of your mother, especially when they can still find you? Wise and fine. Kill a fag who killed an entire family for loot? Commendable. Bring relief to others? Nice. He was perfectly fine according to my compass, too. I wanted to headpat him when he was a shota tbh
I guess his actions are his own and he did undeniably become evil later, but they're all perfectly understandable. So we do agree I suppose. None of this would happen were Klaus to give a single, solitary fuck about the only faggot who ever came to him up to that point. The problem is he pretty much admits he never gave a single shit.

What? Pretty sure it's revealed early on that the big bad is the guy who climbed the world tree. I tried keeping it secret that that was Amalthus and taht he was Praetor. But I'll be more careful anyways.

Also Homura has a side pocket on her shorts. Not that anything would fit under leather pressed so tightly to her skin

see

Isn't a brand new blade's personality and appearance (at times) based off how sound their driver's mental state is?

The rarer common blades have the potential to be better than actual rare blades but the likelihood of that happening are slim. I suppose their best use is for purely doing the driver combo given that you most likely aren't gonna have a 3 rare blades on each character that is capable of using break, topple, smash or launch.

Is the NA version of this censored at all?

Save for religious stuff everything is uncensored and that still shocks me,because the amount of tits and ass in this game are high.

Some folk say it was pre-censored but given that what is true although really the only relgous things that were changed were the names (Adam-> Addam, ) and even then they still kept their bilbical relations. A Titans name for example went from being "Superubia" to "Mor Ardain" and according to the wiki, the Etomlogy for both the Japanese and English names allude to one of the seven deadly sins, pride, the former using the Latin word and the latter Scottish Gaelic word ardan. It's like this for pretty much every name change, aside from some in which they just renamed them for no fucking reason, like damn near every rare blade.

Really the only things that have been vastly changed is the text and spoken dialogue in some heart-to-hearts and similar scenes. If you know Japanese or watch a decent amount of anime and can understand a few things then you know when a scene has been changed. I can't be bothered to search for one such scene as an example but maybe someone else will. In any case i bought the game and don't feel like i funded the evils of censorship and i think you would be hard-pressed to find someone that does.

I'm shocked NoA didn't step in to cuck this game.

Oh, I can assure you they wanted to, but there was no way. Not after how badly NoA fucked up XCX. They memed up and shitted up the whole game, but at the end of the game they just got flat out lazy.

HEALING HEAL

Poor Nia

The backlash for XCX, Fates plus with how localization is under watch due to people being fed up might of saved this game but I doubt we'll be so lucky next time.

She deserves better.

Just got Moràg. Judging from her being able to accept blades unlike Vandham I'm guessing she's not temporary?

She's permanent team member, though if you have played the first game she is a bit like Melia with how she leaves the party a few times but it's never for very long.

Yeah I see. I'm fine with it. Thanks!

How often you fags get elemental breaks in full?

Well you fuckers talked me into buying this game, and I've just hit chapter two. Think I'm doing okay so far, got some cores and popped them, got electra, some axe-guy who loves JUSTICE and a snorlax wannabe for the noteables.
Any pointers or advice? Should I roam around a bit, smashing up fauna or head back to town and get some quests hammered out? Both I assume?

Grind to level up and learn how to use the blade combos.

After getting 2 or 3 rares on Rex, stop opening cores on him. Use them all on Nia and later on other characters.
I'd recomend focusing on the main story doing side missions only if you feel underleveled. On chapter 8 (this is very far in the main story btw) a big change happens to Rex, marking it the perfect time to get back and focus on all side quests you missed. The only downside to this is that you'll be overleveled for some of those quests.
Or focus on main quest as far as having 5 team members, then get on your own rithm.
Or do as I did and go as you feel like it, doing side quests until you get bored, then go back to main for some plot development.

Adding to this make sure your party can help you line up the elemental breaks as they are a god send.

Thanks for the very sensible advice; I've got 3 rares on Rex now, along with lots of commons so I'll start giving Nia some new friends; I didn't actually realise I could do cores on other people.
Elemental breaks are actually something I forgot to ask about; as I understand it, you do your super, that makes them immune to that type (EG, do something with Pyra, and you can't just do another flame) so you need to hit them with another element type?
I think I've been focusing on Pyra a bit too much for levelling too. I should start getting those other blade's affinities up right?

Yep and each time you need to hit them with a higher tier elemental attack depending on what the combo says.

Rough childhood, mate, but this subject is an issue for more than what you went through. It's nonsense and should never be tolerated at the same ages which are not only legal tender in Nippland and USA but are also factually the age where boys become men in development. Also most gangrapists and gangbangers start their spree at 14yrs so 16-17 is most definitely not a kid.

This really helped, now all I'm is KOS-MOS

I'm missing*

I just watched the hot springs scene, tell me user, is Nia a trap?

>He probably used the vortex thingy to shitpost on this very imageboard rather than spend a minute to just get the blue guy on the right track.
This is an outright fabrication.

No

Oh thank fuck for that I don't think I could handle another Nier situation

How the hell do I unlock more Tiger Tiger stages? I've done the first stage like 10 times now.

Is it that dumb bullshit where it unlocks periodically with the main quest? cause I'm not very far in.

Yes

On a different note, I'm still unsure if it's absolutely heartbreaking or hilarious how hard Nia got completely friendzoned by Rex.

No, but there's another. If you are a man of great perception or simply read enough of the right doujins you'll suspect him because his drawn artwork is quite boyish.

Automatically through main story progression. It has nothing to do with performance and it doesn't even care if you finished the previous stage(s), the sages will just come with time.

Whats the best modes for poppi forms? I currently have her loli form as block tank and the other tow as evasion tanks and grindan the tiger game for master tank chips.

She'll probably outlive him anyways.

Always some form of tank for me.

I hear you can get light for her but it's extremely hard to find.

I'm 215 hours in and i haven't been able to do it once. I almost did but the monster died during the last special.

I agree, i think it's a two part issue. One is how parents and society in general (High school, college, etc) still baby these people who are fact adults and two It's just lazy writing utilizing bad tropes.

I'm lazy and can't be bothered to grind Tiger Tiger so i just have the Hanna's stick with their default classes but with Lvl 5 variant. I plan to try out the other styles, specifically ATK but i can't be bothered quite yet.

Apparently you can only get it from stage 5.

MICH MICH STRINGER

Its pretty amazing how the literal "Nothing personnel kid" villain ended up being one of the best, and most sympathetic characters in the game.

Considering how nearly every single flesh eater in the game and the two aegis that have lived for several hundred years is basically suicidal based on the long time they've been alive, I'm not sure "living longer" is much of a consolation prize

No one points him out. People refer to him as "she", only by actively looking into it you'll find him.
Also, traps are gay. Just making sure everyone is in the same page here

Back to reddit dubcuck

You know it.

He's probably my favorite character in the game. I went from hating him and wanting to kill him asap to agreeing with him. The only thing i still hate him for is killing Haze she was a lovely girl and we didn't get enough of her. I was also expecting her to comeback to life since she was missing half her core. I don't think it's very likely to happen now since Amalthus who had that missing piece of her was killed. I hope they bring her back thru the DLC by having the part of her core crystal be where Amalthus died, like it survived his death and then we put it together with her main body and she returns to her core to be later awakened.

Is xenoblade chronicles on 3ds any good?

So i mainly got this game because kos mos has a cameo, how fucked am i from reading the entire thread that its super hard to get her?

i am someone that does enjoy end game grinds, like level 99 grinds and getting every camo and/or secret weapon in mgs games, is this that bad?

It's New 3ds only not regular 3ds and it's ok. It has a few new things like model viewer and jukebox but that is hidden behind the walking coins or shulk amiibo. I'd recommend emulating it on dolphin if you have somewhat decent pc that from at least 5-6 years ago, because it is a gorgeous game and the N3ds really does not do it justice with it's 240p screen. Even playing it on a Wii or Wii U would be better. That said I've played and beat the game on all of them Dolphin, Wii, Wii U, and N3ds. If it's the only option available to you go for it and play it again when you get a decent pc and play on dolphin.

It's just RNG some people got lucky and got her in their first few hours and others like me got her as one of their last after 200 hours of playtime. There are 3 layers of RNG (4 if you want to count getting cores themselves but that's pretty easy), first is getting a rare blade from a core, second is getting a Light/Dark blade from a core, 3rd is getting just the light blade from the light/dark pool. You can up your chances of getting a rare by upping your luck and using a higher rarity core, and you can up your chances of getting a Light/dark by using a character with a high justice rating (Zeke, pic related) and using justice boosters to boost it even further which gives you a higher chance of landing a blade from the Light/Dark pool, but that is all you can do to maximize your chance of getting her.

After starting a fresh game with the Japanese voices, I have to say that I actually like some of the English voices more than the Japanese ones. I've only more or less just gotten to Torigoth, but so far I actually preferred english Malos, Gramps, Pyra, and NiaI like her strong accent over their Jap counterpart. This might change once gotten farther in the game and grown more used to them, though. However, I will say that the English dub track has far worse delivery and direction. Whoever it was that directed them should have been shot.

Still, at this point I only switch over to the Japanese dub when I've about to enter a cutscene. When playing on the field I'll switch to English just so I know what the fuck everyone is saying.

I did the opposite and I like JP dub casting better. Maybe we stick to our first options? English isn't bad, and translation is great so far if for the lack of memes and unnecessary localised english expressions alone.
Still there are a few things that I'd like to confront with the original jp text just because I think are a bit confusing:

Compared to japanese VA, that actually passes as a teenager, english VA sounds like a britbong that's constantly high, but only just a little. English Nia sounds (and in some moments, is) a lot bitchier than a Japanese one. Most of other english VA's are straight-up inferior compared to japanese in that they straight-up fail to deliver the meaning behind some scenes since sometimes simple details like a tone of a voiceover matter a lot.

It is a step-up compared to XCX though. God that was a blunder.

I'd just like to take a moment that a game that has both crashes and no autosave is complete bullshit.

Hasn't happened to me yet
When did it happened to you? How do I avoid it?

It probably means it in the same context as dodge-cancelling, where you're not cancelling the move, but the animation after it.

It hasn't crashed a single time to me in 150+ hours, I've played it only docked myself. Maybe that's your problem? I do remember Mario Kart 8 crashing once before the patch and never after it, but not this game.

I'm playing portable, my only option currently. It crashed twice at completely innocuous moments, outside of combat but soon after fast travel, so I can advise saving before changing regions, if nothing else.

It's crashed on me twice before while I had it docked. Once was a soft lock where it wouldn't progress to the next stage in a battle (the third chapter climax), the second was a crash that happened while I was doing sidequests that ended up killing around 3-4 hours of progress.

Exact same problems here, but mine was at the climax of 6th chapter I believe, when going to the next stage of the fight the game was stuck loading before the cutscene and the game crashed to the home menu when I was doing the quest to upgrade the merc group to lvl 3, after loading in the enemy I had to beat.
What's a quick and easy way to get justice boosters outside of firing the shit ton of non KOS-MOS blades I got?

IM REALLY FEELING IT XD

I have to say, I didn't really like it much at first, but the ending theme is really growing on me.

Or maybe I just really want Rex and Pyra to be happy considering they spent almost the entire game living for the other, and I'm a huge faggot when it comes to liking "boy meets girl" type stories

I'm finally free from this hell

Not to the degree of XCX. But there will ALWAYS be faggots who want the censorship cause they are soyboys or insecure womyn.

As much as I think RT are a bunch of fags, almost everyone complaining about the new Xenoblade characters is correct. It caters to the lowest weeb trash, the designs are just straight out bad and hold no artistic value whatsoever.

Such cancer

You're in the wrong chan user. This isn't just about the visual value of the characters, nor are the characters stuck on just being visually appealing. I can make a broad statement as well.

You're opinion is shit because it adds nothing to the conversation other than trying to hide your vague words as if there are any facts behind them. Never mind you completely ignore that every Blade comes in different sizes and are not limited to the low hanging fruit of 3 out of dozens of blades that are not intentional eye candy. Stop being a soyboy and make a more competent argument.
Fuck it

You will never ever get your 10 bux back.

I would hardly call the designs "trash". Well most of them. There are plenty that are fanservicey, but only a fraction of those are retarded (Dahlia, Perun). If you want to accurately nitpick, why not bring up the fact that clearly more of the design focus was on the girls vs the boys

KOS-MOS sounds familiar.
Is that the idiot looking blue robot girl from Xenosaga Part 1 or whatever a.k.a. the most boring video game ever created by man, beast or nip?

Odd that this MUH ARTISTIC VALUE drivel wasn't around for XCX which standardized and westernized everything. Almost as if you had to improvise a deep and important issue around monolithsoft games to judge XC2 by.

The intent of KOSMOS went over your head user.

Define it, it's too vague. What, lacks socks on the ground like in your favourite galleries to have more artistic value as the viewer ponders the deep meaning of the sock's placement? Beautiful vistas, moving titan heads, great blade design mean nothing because a few characters have big boobs that jiggle which is weeby is what it sounds like. Seems to me like you're just using pretentious words and terms in a desperate attempt to shit on the game because you're sad at what appears to be it's success.
But okay, fine, let's assume that you have some glorious authority on what has artistic value and there's none in XC2, not in Dagas, not in Azami, the landscapes, Mythra, Perceval, Perun and others. So what? Games aren't art you enormous faggot. They're meant to be enjoyed, not to have "muh artistic value". Does it fucking matter if Floren, Electra or Mor Ardainian soldier have artistic value if I enjoy looking at them or using them? It fucking doesn't. Fuck off back to wherever you crawled from. I hope you're baiting but I'm seeing too many of you subversives lately to really believe that.

What's the Idea cap of each character? I've been focusing on Morag, since she has the least amount of rare blades so far, but latelly she hasn't gotten idea points from unlocking nodes on comon's affinity charts. She currently has
I'm afraid I might be wasting my time focusing on her, but can't find any chart for max Idea scores

nvm her Bravery just went to 9.

Artistic value =/= art
It just means there's some taste involved

Japan likes cute and fun designs. It's not about catering or pandering to anyone. It's about liking what's on the screen while you play the game fot 100+ hours. If all the characters were ugly, mannish, and unpleasant to look at, no one would buy the fucking game. The only reason these stupid cunts are so eager to even talk about it, just so they can bitch and whine that the characters aren't ugly, is because they are desperately trying to stay relevant by jumping on every big release bandwagon.

If they don't talk about the Switch's current big game, they've got nothing else to talk about. Not that the things they have to say or their opinions have a modicum of value, but it's the current trend, so they have to say something otherwise, they start losing money.

Don't bitch about "pandering" while trying to prop up a group of fucking parasites who think big tits are offensive.

I didn't say anything about pandering, albeit that user did. I just think the designs are flat out bad. That isn't to say I don't find them attractive, but for example pyra has some egregious boob socks. Dahlia's boobsocks at least make some sense cause her whole outfit is a fucking skin tight suit, but pyras looks more like actual clothing and her tits aren't big enough to cause the material to cling like it does. And the male designs aren't great either. Rex looks dumber than any blade. Or maybe I'm just biased towards dahlia

(nice trips though)
Despite what the Western world told you, it's actually not okay to waste everyone's time by opening your mouth and saying stupid shit.

Shut your dumb mouth. Just keep it closed.

No fuck you leatherhead. They are bad. And the fact you're posting kizuna tells me all I need to know about your taste.

What would you know of taste, cockroach goon? Do you post Akagi because his prominent nose remind you of (((family)))?

Xenoblade has perfect character design, outside of the fact that the artstyle doesn't fully mesh. They should have just stuck with a single artist. Maybe 2.

Turns out, trips do lie occasionally.

How the fuck do you literally think "tits- the character" is good design but think that pyra is bad design because, of all things, her tits aren't big enough?

What the fuck am I even reading?

Artistic value is objective, taste is subjective, therefore they can't be the same.
It's like you're trying to equate flavor with edible at this point.

What an horrible thing! I too want to spend 100 hours looking at the ass of bald, scruffy military men and marveling at the manface of realistic women.

I think you believe you said an argument here, but you didn't. If the game was about looking at fugly assholes all day, why would anyone buy it?
And this is ignoring the character building itself and the stories, not to mention the world itself that's quite beautifull.
You see, it's a bid hard to take you seriously when you're complaining about characters being shallow and enjoyed stricly by their appearance when you're the only one that thinks that way.
Me personally, I'm enjoying mister Balrog and his quest to make friends.

What's the issue here exactly? That people are talking about a game that was recently released?
That a group of people are talking about a game they like but you don't?
That they are talking about one of the good reasons to buy a Switch and you don't like to know there's actually good games for it?
Sounds like you're the source of your own angst here, especially with the shit-tier console-war pull there.

This isn't the scalper thread, :D

Fuck me, I'm retarded, I though you were talking about Holla Forums, not the TreeHouse.
Disregard all this shit.

Pic related.

Just rolled Nanakoori (Ursula) on Nia. Out of the three rares I've gotten, 2 have been Healers. Just fuck my shit up. At least I got her though, because I remember reading some hubbub about her requirements being absolutely horseshit to clear or something. I can start early.

Holy fuck, you're either pretending or I must have really made you mad.

Her tits aren't big enough. They put all this jiggle and these tight boobsocks on tits that are neither big enough nor exposed enough to warrant it. They're trying to sell me a poledancer in a burqa.

Unless you have 200 hours in the game no bitching.

Malos, great. Gramps, decent. Pyra, Nia. Terminal shit taste, kill yourself.

I've had the game crash on me twice. Once was during a fast travel early on (Torigoth) it was stuck on the loading screen i let it be for 30 minutes and it never got over it so had to reset and lost 4 hours of grinding and quests. Second time was a crash during a transition in cutscene from one to another in Uraya I lost maybe 30 minutes because I save before i do anything now.
I also noticed that both of these instances i had waken up my swicth from sleep mode and I've had trouble with sleep mode crashes in other games too (Disgaea 5, botw, MK8) I'm pretty sure sleep mode is buggy as fuck so i just shut off my switch when I'm done playing and I advise everyone else to do the same, as i have now 220 hours and i haven't had a crash since i started doing so.

What? The dub for X was pretty damn good. It wasn't as great as XB but i can't recall any VA's that were terrible. I was a fairly upset they weren't using UK VA's again at the time but it made sense to use American ones considering the setting. The dub for 2 has a handful of great VA's one or two decent ones and a cloudsea of trash.

I instantly loved the song even when we got little snippets of it throughout the story. It feels very similar to the ending song of XB and that song makes me cry every time i hear it. Hell just thinking about it typing this is making me tear up. I'm 99% sure what Homura/Hikari lip is them saying i love you

Congrats user! Welcome to the club. She has a pretty easy affinity tree too!

Shit bait. Kill yourself goon.

Do we got a list of all the things they changed in XCX? I know there was a lot, but what about just the major things?

Jesus man, I hope for your own good that's bait. Having this much shit taste can't be healthy

Speaking of big tits, I found it pretty funny in the quest to get QTpi that Pyra starts insisting that blades need modesty.

In retrospect, I wonder if Pyra does think she is dressed modestly. QTpi's outfit is pretty revealing, but no one really comments on that as far as I can tell, even with Pyra insisting on modesty. Although the game does a surprisingly good job of making Pyra to be far more attractive with her personality than just her looks here unlike Mythra, which kind of makes me believe the "Pyra really doesn't seem to know any better" rather than "Pyra is a massive hypocrite"

Also funny os that Hanna's sister is in charge of making her outfit. She asks for a bunch of materials and then goes and dresses her in a skintight leotard with a scarf and tacticool pouches.
Not complaining about the costume, I think it's great. It's just funny that it seemed like they would keep on the maid theme but went full 180 instead.

One of the greatest sin Xenoblade 2 did was not being able to dress Poppi up.

It's true. The game both makes a big fuss about her tits but also covers them up and tries to make her look innocent at the same time.

Confirmed for not playing the game. Her body is barelly mentioned. She's considered hot, but no one is like "Ooohh look at Pyra's boobs"
Is this your first time being exposed to any kind of japanese media?

Shit oppinion. Shit taste. Tell me more about your preferences in games so I can avoid them.

I'm not talking about character mentioning them, I'm talking about her boobsocks and the way they flop around constantly.Her design is just all over the place.

It doesn't.
Also doesn't. Unless you mean she's dressed.
Having big tits doesn't make a girl automatically a slut, no matter how much you wish it so.
It's a trope, you idiot. The well endowed girl that chooses instead to act chaste and proper. Japanese go crazy over that shit since purity is quite the fetish for them, and this is one of the most recurrent ones in japanese games.

There's worse offenders, hers don't even flop that much.
Her boobs are all over the place. :D
But nah, you're just an uncultured whittu piggu. It's a rather common trope for her character that anyone familiar recognizes fairly well. Why do you think one of her quirks is also being a good cook?

did we play different games or something? he sounded like he was trying too hard, maybe he'd have been better on a soap opera

How do you get by with such bad taste, user

Your journo and neofag/restear pals might've made a fuss about her boobs, but in the game there's pretty much no mention of them. In fact, pretty much is an understatement, I don't remember them being mentioned at all. If it happened, it must've been something innocuous and short. There were no words made about Dahlia's for sure as her quest was purely about a kid and then making sculptures, and hers are really huge. Why are you making shit up? To try and find arguments for why the game's artstyle bad by nitpicking the most irrelevant shit when you know nothing about it? Considering the anger of certain parts of the internet about the game, I think your motive is a bit more obvious.

Ah, so making boob physics is equivalent to making a big fuss about them and because there's boob physics in the gameplay, Pyra cannot be innocent and there's no point covering them up as you said in your previous post? The fuss is still yours, theirs is only the attention to detail. Anyway, you don't know what material the cloth covering her boobs is made of. We don't even know for sure if the clothes Blades wear are clothes to begin with or just parts of their body because they're not summoned naked. They can remove the clothes, but they might be just disappearing inside them through magic and shit.
In this universe, a faction literally wears a titan's blue shit as armour and tons of things defy what the laws of Earth or materials are, a character can move at light speed which realistically would likely kill him or at the very least burn his boots, but the jiggling boobs are the most pressing issue you can find? You pretty much admitted you didn't play the game. Fuck off.

You didn't see my post about dahlia did you?

yeah okay.

I'd extend that to not being able to change equipment of all the characters. That was one of my favorite parts of XB and X.

In a game where most the the dub VA's sound like they are randoms picked off the street, trying too hard is not a bad thing.

Stop replying to the bait you dumbasses. Just filter him.

i can respect that position user, i think i'm just anti-voice acting for the most part since i get so picky about it. normally i turn it off if i can, but i didn't for xbc2

When you unironically use terms like "weeb trash" of course your opinion will be dismissed. They out themselves.

You can't start too early with her. You need to have unlocked the merc guild for that. I rolled her in early Gormoth and basically I had a blade that couldn't be upgraded for two chapters. And even then she's slow as shit to upgrade. Taro-tier tedium all around.

JUST

I have the worst luck. It takes me a million pulls just to unlock a rare, and when I do it's blades that can't be upgraded early in the game.

If it might make you feel better, I have only five random rare blades so far and only two ("My name makes no sense on a yojimbo-type motherfucker" Perceval and "3DPD incarnate" Kora) are trust-only in their key affinity requirements.

When a girl had tits as big as her, I'm gonna want her to sound like a grown woman, not a generic teenager.

She has a nice voice but is a terrible voice actor and more importantly her voice doesn't fit the character. The Jap voice is exactly how she should sound as is the case with 99% of Jap VA choices as they are actually competent.

She's supposed to sound a lot more feminine and speak more politely.

That's horrible! I love dressing up my fairies in Hyrule Warriors.

To be honest perceval is one of the best bkades in the whole game. Hi chsrt requires a lot of specific monster hunting but that's what merc missions are for. After completing it he deals good damage and is incredibly hard to hit, a good dodge-tank. I also got him early, was pleasantly surprised.

I was dubitative about perceval since his affinities are more attack than tank oriented, but free evasion moves are always good and he shines in a multi-target fight. I got him on Mòrag too, which can't hurt.
On that note, I'm guessing that affinity effects that augment damage like Brighid's dodge and Perceval's incapacitate are reset on blade switch?

After achieving affinity mode, when you get "golden energy thread", it lasts for the whole fight. Of course if you switch blades, one's benefits don't transfer to another's if that is what you are asking. But when you switch back to it, it is still in affinity mode.

I'm talking specifically about this, I just called it affinity effect since it's on the affinity chart. They probably shouldn't have given the same name to two different things.

No idea then.

On a side note. I see a lot of people on youtube buffing Rex's luck and using him to open rare/legendary cores, even in post game, which triggers my autism. Why choose to have less diversity in blade placement? I hope anons are smarter than this

Once I got the master driver ability I completely stopped giving a fuck about giving Rex any blades, what's the point in giving him more when he can just use the ones other characters get

Two abilities reward you for killing shit, one helps you kill mobs with RNG. It's pretty bad since it heals you for doing so, and Morag doesn't want to get hit hurt much in the first place, the damage boost is just as unreliable and instakill is RNG. All's pretty much useless against superbosses and it's not even reliable for regular stuff. If that wasn't bad enough, he only has 1 aux core. The only good thing about him is dark element tbh, and if you use a great blade like Vale or just get Kasandra instead which costs agility but at least gives HP in return and 3 useful yellow skills, he is bad. All other katanas are way better.

It's lost for the currently equipped blade if you die or move far away from it for too long.

So how do I decide between the two tanks I have now?
I just picked up Morag and now I'm just pondering my options.

I must be on crack or something cause I thought Pyra had one of my favorite English VA's in the game. Only ones who I thought were better were Malos and Elektra.

Morag is a dodge tank and Tora is a standard tank. Basically, you are looking for a ton of evasion boosting skills/ blades for Morag, and it might not be a bad idea to give her some health boosters as well in case you do take a hit from one of those superbosses.

Morag is a dodge tank who is pretty simple to set up, just give her the highest % agility boost accessory you have and a heal on auto attack accessory if you don't want a dedicated healer. Both Brigid and her water blade are great at dodge tanking and can hit reasonably hard as well, especially Brigid because one of her passives gives her a quite large damage boost, and you can easily get a third blade to round her out with Kassandra.

Tora relies on high HP and blocking attacks. Not as good at blocking as Morag is at evading so you will probably need a healer for him. Unless you are good at Tiger Tiger and are willing to grind it out a lot, his blades are going to be fairly poor compared to Morag's. If you are willing to put in the grind his blades are completely customizable and can be strong, you can even change their roles and elements. His third blade is from a sidequest available in chapter 8 and if you set her up properly she becomes the strongest blade in the game and can solo super bosses, though Mythra can too without all the grind and is arguably stronger.

Morag may be a dodge tank but I have nothing but block tanks on her with ultimate shield cores and base 60% block each

Morag is sexy and Tora isn't

but poppi
who wouldnt want a loyal lobo loli that can upgrade herself into a teenager and legal

Hopefully the DLC is about gassing Nopon.

I think Stockholm syndrome is starting to kick in. I'm starting to like it.

On farming trust and related fuckeries
Friends a grave realization came upon me. I'm currently on post game, and in need to level some blades to the top of their affinity charts especially Theory, so I can unlock Praxis chart. So naturally I went to the internet to check on the current meta on increasing trust, as well as did some experimenting of my own. Here are the results:
I've been sending blades to merc missions to their fullest ever since I could. Even my unused rares, since they could gain their affinity nodes as well. Never checking how much trust they made from it though. Well, now I've checked, and the results are atrocious.
You gain 10 affinity points per blade per 30 minutes of mission. That's not counting "recomended skills" that decrease time spent on a mission. So if you pick a 2h mission each blade will gain 40 trust points. By exploiting the shit of some recomended skillsI managed to decrease this to 25+ min, but at the expense of not being able to fill it with 6 blades that needed leveling. Not that it matters much, since 40 points is the same as nothing if trust is your main goal here.
Verdict on merc missions: Good for leveling common blades trust, since they usually require very little to get to max lvl, and good for unlocking nodes of your rares, after you've unlocked a certain line/lvl already, since trust gains are abysmal for rares.
Trully this must be the best way of leveling a blade, right? It actually takes effort, so no game designer would give you shit rewards for actually using the blades you want to level, right?
Well…
For starters your blade only gain trust if they enter into affinity mode during the battle. So one-shotting enemies is no good for trust farming. Second, you gain a base 10 trust for each enemy defeated after achieving affinity mode (your blade doesn't have to finish the enemy, just be present). Ten… just ten. I mean, it beats merc missions, but that is only expected. Unless you run around picking a fight with anything and everything that moves (of appropriate level btw, so you don't one-shot them) battling isn't terribly efficient at farming trust then. But what about unique monsters? It's said that the longer you stay in affinity mode the more you gain trust, and unique monster can take a beating and some time to defeat. So I tried something, I'm lvl78 more or less and went to kill a lvl 60 Haywire Kustal, because it's not too weak and it's by himself, so I can gauge how much trust I get from him alone. One chain attack finish later and my brand new blade never before used that I brought to the fight had gained 10 trust points. If anyone want to conduct tests of their own they are welcome, because I'm done with unique monsters for the sake of trust leveling
Verdict on battle trust-farming: Mop the floor with every mob you find, as long as the fight is long enough for you to enter affinity mode OR if you can amass pouch items that let you enter the fight with affinity mode on already. Which leads us to
This is where the internet meta lead me to. Apparently you gain a bit of trust for each item used, some give more than others, and you can spam them not needing to really wait 'til their duration runs out. I was then directed to a specific item, a Noponcho, bought in Indol or in Fonsett after chapter 8, because it gives the most trust, 21 whole points, every time it's used.
I thought "great, this looks more exploitable" and set to do it. Turns out Noponcho is one of those items you can only have 3 at a time. That means you have to buy 3, get to the characters->pouches menu, use the item 3 times (and listen to some endless drivel if you are so unlucky that someone likes fucking textiles) and get back to the store menu to buy more.
bull-fucking-shit
Also the price in gold per trust point gained isn't the best cost/benefit at all. Literally any item that costs 30 or 60 gold has it better. AND you can keep 10 copies of most food items as oposed to 3.
Verdict on pouch leveling: Useful method, but don't listen to anyone claiming that item A or B gives you the most trust per use. Buy a bunch of cheap shit and shove your characters faces with food.
Extra tip for beginners: I didn't gave enough attention to pouch items throught the game, and that might have been my greatest mistake. I'll give you these three tips

Super good to know. I had already written off pouch items as dogshit, since their effects aren't vital, and (at the point in the game I'm at) keeping a constant supply seemed cost-prohibitive. Then again, it's not like there is actually anything to purchase in the game, right? There's no purchasable equipment, near as I can tell anyways.

I've barely touched the pouch screen. How do you tell what blade likes what food? Any surefire method? and does providing it give bonus trust-points?

Wrong, there's 3 things as shop deeds for some shops that each gives +10 to the limit. How the fuck are you in the postgame with only 3? I think they were in Mor Ardain or Uraya. I can hold 33 Noponchos which makes it go fast. You get 693 trust for three characters (two if Pyra is S+) in two minutes for 30k at maxed Leftheria, that's a great deal. Besides Noponcho, Steel Pipe Lexos gives similar result but it costs like two times as much so it's not smart, but it didn't make the long as shit dialogues appear on Zeke or Nia who like textiles, so it's better in their case. You're never ever getting anyone to S+ like I did a few characters with your attitude and misinformed knowledge, Noponchos are good.
==GET ALL THE SHOP DEEDS FAGGOT== They must have unlocked all their products for you to do that which means getting to some merc level to unlock a mission and do it, but do it. Worthwhile and easy.

Golden ones that automatically progress your specials or abilities are god-tier, but they usually appear at 4-5 merc level. You don't need them to like anything, Noponcho/Lexos are the kings. If they don't like the category, that only means no worthless chatter so it's good.

Some nodes in their affinity charts will tell which general categories they like. It's sneaky though, if it says
>favorite pouch itemS
Plural. That's a general cathegory. So if a node requires you to use items of the fish cathegory, then that balde likes all kinds of fish. But if it says
Singular. Then it's trial and error until you find it. So if a node requires you to use item of the fish cathegory, good luck trying every fish in the game and keeping track of it. Just use the internet is my advice in this situation.
Also forgot to add, if you use a favorite pouch item, you gain a tiny trust bonus. But in my opinion it doesn't pay the few seconds you lose lilstening them go "oooooohhh I love this shit, thank you so much blahblahblah" as I'm pressing A like the fist of the north star at that point

To items too? I found booster expansion deeds, both of them, can carry 25 boosters of each kind. But none for pouch items.

Just bought this for the boobs. Game is currently being delivered. I'm assuming/hopping you don't need to play the other games to understand the plot?

I opened the game and checked all the key items, the deeds for items say they increase capacity for lifestyle items by ten, they are

That's a game changer. And all my regions are lvl5, I somehow missed those

the plot goes to shit after disk two. The combat and art is great. It core is solid, but its a unfinished mess.

Still better than Tatsu.

Well, that rare monster and Minnet Terace is a cheeky fucker. You know the one.

Clocked it's gimmick after the first time it got me. Second time I lured the little shit back to the 8 stepping stones and brutalised him, hard. Not so cocky without all his mates!
Should I be focusing on boosting affinities with as many blades as possible at this point, or shall I do it later?

Which one is that?

The only unique monsters I've fought that really pissed me of was armored Brennan, that crocodile monster in lower Mor Ardain that shields almost literally every attack and the giant parasite monster in the fallen titan in the Land of Morytha, which has a ludicrous amount of health and also gets full counter damage at 1/4 hp

Why the fuck did they throw out the "buy any item for clan currency" from XCX? I know they weren't called clans, I mean those groups you joined and could switch freely, of which the fags who got points for walking always won every single contest. They should've connected them with merc missions so with merc missions you get points that can be exchanged for items so you don't have to teleport hundreds of times to the same spots to hope for the same fucking items that rarely drop.

Shit thanks for the info user.

I think it's the first one you 'need' to fight. Some random little mob legs it and calls for reinforcements; the reinforcements being said unique monster

I know what you mean, reminds me of the Rich Evans laugh, honestly. Hated that fucking thing and now I love it. I'm starting to get that way with Tora.

Complementing the first trust info post
Remember what pointed out, get all these deeds
That really helps with pouch leveling using Noponcho and similar items

Also, if you're mid chapter 8
Remember to use rex to take a primary blade from one of the other characters, the use that character to level 3 rare blades at once, since your primary blades are probably ways ahead of the others in therms of trust

t. dunkey the weebs hero

Game crashes aren't caused by the game, it's an issue with the Switch that can happen to any game. It's has something to do with the console always sleeping instead of an actual power cycle. If your game is crashing turn the switch OFF by holding the power button on the console itself until the power menu comes up, then choose power off. You can also prevent it from getting crash happy by powering off the console fully when changing the game card and after updating the console or games.
It's an odd glitch, and it doesn't always come up from the same conditions, but a hard power cycle will always fix it.
Nintendo is kind of retarded for "hiding" the full power menu and thinking the Switch should stay in sleep mode indefinitely. Hopefully they'll allow you to bring up the full power menu with controllers in a future update, though that's more an issue for those that play it docked most of the time.

What a shame.

one quarter

the game's about 80 hours long. Also it's much different than Xenoblade 2. Combat in Xenoblade 1 relies on two attackers and a tank. Unlike Xenoblade 2 healers are useless.

Where did the idea that weebs liked dunkey come from anyway? I've never heard it before this game came out and I find it a little confusing.

Fuck confusion Ivy. On the bright side, I was overlevelled after running around trying to get it. Is sending money to the village worth it, and if so how much? I'm assuming it burps up at a later point in the game.

Make a single 90,000 deposit, that's enough to trigger a side quest.

Just beat chapter 2. Right in the feels, even if I saw it coming.

I didn't, especially since he had a talent tree like everyone else.
I though he was gonna be the "tough big guy" of the party, and then that shit happens.

What impressed me more was some of his dialogue previous to that, where he talks with Rex about the war and how there's no escaping it. Even when Rex was only dealing with stuff that wasn't weaponry, he was still involved anyway. That the important thing was to just accept everyone has their war to fight for the sake of the people they love. He even mentions the Torna there and how they are just doing what they think is right anyway.

I always keep forgetting that amidst all the meme shit, japanese tropes and animu shit, the writers will often sneak some actually great storytelling. You'll be smiling the whole time, expecting this to just be your average shonen crap when suddenly BAM, world views shattered.

Shame she isn't a good blade.

I'm only 6 or 7 hours in and god damn it feels like I'm just watching cutscenes at this stage.

Vandham actually brought up a pretty good redpill about war.

Is this really the first time you come across with a story that points out everyone is their own hero in a conflict? It's not exactly unique.
Besides, not a chapter later you've got a guy who's 100% "Fuck everyone in the ass, I gots to have money lol".

Just to update, I've confirmed the freezing is caused by the Switch being in sleep mode for extended periods of time. The best way to prevent it is to completely power off the console when you're done playing, each time.

Never crashed with me and since I bought my switch it barely powered of completely, almost always put it to sleep.
BUT, I also close all my softwares when entering sleep mode. So maybe it's kee ping software running for extended periods of time that does it

I also close out software before putting it into sleep mode. Perhaps it's tied to certain settings or how much one keeps the Switch docked/undocked? Or it's just totally random and I've been hit with a lot of bad luck. I've had the game crash twice in an hour on me at one point, but after a full reboot I played for 10ish hours without issue. The only thing I know for sure is I only get crashes when I get too lazy to power the console off completely.

I've never had this freezing problem.

My interest in this game has been killed.

Everything about you should ideally be killed.

you are like a little baby

What a crock of shit. Fighting higher level enemies is engaging and fun, and fighting lower level enemies is over in an instant because of how much a single level can change the match-up. If you're so over-leveled you can put the controller down and not even play the game to kill enemies, but it still takes more than 1 minute to either kill the enemy or get killed yourself, you have completely failed to set up your team correctly with skills and armour.
I mean, the main complaint in the top comment seems to be quoting a review, and we all know what a games journalist is worth these days, especially when it comes to games with complex systems and sexy ladies.

No shit. 11 hours in now and fuck the fetch quests. I've spent the last hour trying to find four fucking pieces of wood.

This is nichegamer. They gave it a 9.

That doesn't address overleveling in regards to the story, and also means that when you overlevel, most sidequests would become trash anyways. You also didn't address the shit RNG systems that are there for padding that even many in this thread seem to be complaining about despite liking the game.

It was a rollercoaster for me, so maybe that's why the level ballancing wasn't such a deal breaker.
At times I'd be doing some side quest that had enemies that were too hard to overcome, and I had to cheese it by avoiding combat (sometimes impossible to do), forcing me to go back to other sidequests or the main story, and when I came back to it I was proper/over leveled. Of course there were also quests that I had missed, and when I came back to them I was much stronger than I should have been.
I reckon that if you focus entirelly on side quests then you'll probably be overlevelled for the main story for many of it's segments. But I really mean focus entirelly, because I kept myself quite entertained with side quests as I went, and still got killed a few times.
About his complaint of letting combat unroll on auto-attacks without any imput, I'd compare that to playing a turn-based RPG, when you are so overlevelled compared to your enemies that you can get by just pressing A to attack repeatedly. That is, it's possible it could happen, but not likelly in the course of the main story, and only if you came back to a low level area or went back to an early side quest you missed before.
There are also unique monsters that act as minibosses (or proper bosses in late game), they have improved stats and a greater health pool so their level is misleading (there is a lvl 60 at the world tree that I couldn't defeat the first time, even though I was 65 or something at the time).
All in all, it felt like a normal jrpg for me in therms of difficulty. Had my moments of moping the floor with enemies, and had moments when I had to retreat and grind to overcome a challenge. I think some reviewers are overeacting to the auto-attack mechanic, is all.

In regards to RNG, it's biggest problem comes with trying to get all the rare blades in the game. When I beat the main story the first time I had a handful of rares that where just enough to get by, and I hadn't done any focused farming for that (that is, farming for Luck increasing blades and equipping luck gear).
RNG did became a problem on a single side quest that required me to salvage something. On "The salvage king" quest you have to get an item with very low RNG, and it only spawned for me after using a prime cilinder. Then again, I suspect the prime cilinder might be an unspoken requirement for the quest, since I tried 40 golden cilinders before that, and got it on my first try with a prime.

If I had to complain about something in this game it would be a lack of polish in some things, like why keep dedicated buttons for control tutorials instead of letting us asign menu functions to those, and other things.

They added a system where sidequest XP goes into a bonus XP pool that you can use when you rest at the inn to level up your characters. Using said XP is optional, you can rest at the inn and simply say no to that shit, meaning you can do side content and not be overleveled like a lot of RPGs tend to do. As a result, even though I had 9-10 levels worth of XP in storage, when I fought the final boss I was exactly at the same level as it.

I just remembered, even if you are overleveled, the combat is still fun because you can go for blade combos to stack elemental orbs on an enemy, then pop them during a massive chain attack to deal millions of damage in overkill and earn more rewards, in fact for me the fun of the combat comes from setting up your team properly so you can do as many blade combos as possible to get as many elemental orbs on bosses without getting killed to pull off a massive finishing move. So even if you are overleveled you can still focus on getting as many orbs as possible, and you can't get overleveled for some of the unique monsters that are above the level cap in the post game.

I'm still pretty new into the game, and probably still unlocking combat tutorials, but I have a pressing question that's been bothering me.

How, exactly, do the blade combos (not sure if that's the right terminology) work? From my understanding, it's a simple system of lvl 1 -> 2 -> 3 = mini cutscene and massive damage. However, there are plenty of times where I do that, and my third and final art (which generally activates on Rex, who I am playing right now), does not activate the cut-in, nor does it do the mega huge dps.

Am I just retarded? Am I going to make it?

Are you making sure that all of your combos are following the element chart that appears in the top right? Because if you aren't following either of the 2 options for the next stage in the combo you won't get anywhere.

I guess this is the problem with playing in large chunks, but only infrequently. To note, this is the "Seal whatever" portion of the screen, right?

Yeah, each combo path will seal a different function of the enemy, based on what the final element of the combo is.
For example, fire-fire-light will give the "seal affinity down" effect, stopping the enemy from lowering your characters' blade affinity.

Simple guide right here:

You start by using a Blade Art (not one of your 3 regular attacks). Anyone can do this at any level.
When that happens, you'll see a chart appearing on the top right that is kinda like a tree.
You see the 2 elements right near the first one and that tells you what element to use to procede.
Same thing for the next level that actually finishes the combo.

The important bit here is that, to start a combo you only need a Blade Art of lvl 1 at least.
To do the second part, you need a Blade Art of lvl 2 at least and to finalize it, you need lvl3.

STRATEGY:
You want to keep elements varied across your party so you can finish combos in several ways, otherwise you risk starting a combo only to realize none of the lvl 3 elements you need are available.
Your teammates switch to required blades as they are needed and you can see what blade lvl they are at by the white orbs that appear surrounding their button prompt. This only shows if they have a compatible element.

Holy fucking shit, Rex, you are the biggest cunt I've seen in a game in ages. Nia straight up tells you she loves you, she's been there from the beginning, and she's actually spent more time talking and being with you throughout your journey than Pyra, and you give her a "I love you… All of you". Weird vision-quest Nia had a point, you have some weird obsession with Pyra and can't understand anyone's feelings, you fucking autist.

Knew he'd die from the moment he started acting like a mentor. Still felt the feels though.

This is shaping up to be one of my favorite anime this year.

Didn't mean to reply to anyone in particular. Please forgive.

Like, chapter 5?

Pandoria is a qt, she quickly became one of my favourites. Its also kinda dark how they offhand mention that theirs a market for Blades as sex slaves

Were you not for HEROPON RIKIIIII?

He was actually the character I beat the boss as, Shulk did fine on autopilot, but I had a blast locking everyone the fuck down with Burninate and Lurgy.

I actually got the same blade on her, also as her 3rd. She's not bad, really, having some light heals along with anchor shot is generally more than enough.

I assume he's XBC1? I never got that far into that game because Dolphin kept mysteriously crashing and not a damn thing I did would fix it. It's still on my agenda to get around to though. From the bit I played, it seemed like quite a fine game.

And the soundtrack is godly. I'll finish that game come hell or high water, someday, for that alone.

lol

Pyra > Nia

Although Nia > Mythra

Indeed. I want to slap the stupid idiot, though I would accept this shittery if there was a scene where he's "I'm not blind and I don't want to fuck up the group dynamics with all these fluid druids thirsting for me" to gramps or something.

I'm level 34, I've been whoring the golden cylinders after hitting Ayvill shopping district, and I can afford a certain 500k core now. Worth getting it, and if so Rex or Niyah? Pisses me off I didn't realise I could assign blades during bonding; got boreus stuck on rex because of it, he'd be much better with Niyah.

Kust finished "uncover the truth" side quest
Nopons ised to act and talk normally, the retarded speak is entirelly deliberate in order to mislead every other races
Portraied as scheming greedy faggots
Are literally everywhere, even in a supposedly closed kingdom
If this isn't a deliberate anti-semitic reference I don't know what it is. Irony or not, this is too much coincidence

I'd really recommend doing it before this one. Its not plot essential, as they explain everything just fine, but the significance of the plot connections WILL be lost.

At least Hikari had some spunk, Homura was like a wet blanket

The game implies Rex knows but plays dumb and his whole line was letting her off easy, because look at the dream Nia you fight. Deep down he is aware.

Homura got the teats and the wife attitude. But Nia has more personality. If you have to sit down with your waifu and just talk about normal everyday topics or personal stuff, Homura looks like she will give you stock answers and a general subservient attitude, while Nia might act more like a partner disagreeing with you every now and then, demanding you to push back.
It comes down to personal preference. Rex took the risky road by trying to keep some roads open for future exploration.

I opened Wulfric on Nia. In my headcanon, Nia got so buttblasted after her rejection she regularly asks Wulfric to fuck her ass violently so she can fantasize that Rex can come save her from it. Then she comes anyway. Wulfric likes to fuck her, but at the same time pities the poor catgirl
Tasketeeeeee Lexuuuuu- ooooooooohhh kimochiiii-IIIIIIIIIIHHH

There is a book called How Nopon profit from war.

There is also an after battle quote if Nia is a blade where Rex awkwardly brings it up as if he just realized what she meant but Nia just tells him its not the time to talk about it.

I ended up transfering her on Nia despite the rarity of overdrives. Much better on her.

Can you have more than one of the same rare blade? Either on different characters or the same one.

Is there any reason to keep/use the non-rare blades?

Merc missions, and they are often the best option for stat tests.

No, that's why it gets harder to get rares later on, as the ones you have "leave the pool"

Yes, for Merc missions and some map skills.

Alright. I'll keep that in mind and not dismiss them straight up then. Is it worthwhile using the boosters on common cores or leave them for the rares?

>and the giant parasite monster in the fallen titan in the Land of Morytha
I fucking hate that one. It took me like 10 trys to beat it and my last 5 attempts i was almost 25 levels higher than it and it still kept kicking my ass. I finally beat it when i got a shit ton of orbs on it and then did a fullburst with Pneuma when it was at half health.

I fucking hate Rex for that. Fucking cunt.

Nia=Hikari>Homura

She's pretty great i love her character.
>Its also kinda dark how they offhand mention that theirs a market for Blades as sex slaves
Agreed but that just makes it canon that blades have a vagene and anoose to go with the bobs

How long ago did that happen? Give it another go, I've seen a few user's say they hap problems emulating it over the past few threads but it plays perfectly for me even using the 60fps hack and HD textures. I can only imagine that it was an old version of dolphin or a nightly build that had some fuckery going on.

They are good for doing driver combo farming and they have the potential to be better than a rare blade.

Leave them for rares. They aren't terribly hard to get but I'd rather hold on to them and use them with rare cores so you have the highest chance of getting the rare blade you want. That said when you are mass summoning you can kind of recycle them by trashing the crappy commons you get and refilling on boosters.

Happy New Year anons!

Alright, now this is what I call a beautiful video game environment.

Enjoy the vista. Take pictures.

In chapter 3 and just reached the inside of the Titan. What level am I meant to hit this at, because I'm lvl18 at the moment and even the smallest of minions take an age to kill.

It fucking gets better. Do the Vale's sidequest. Nopon are literally making a fucking devil summoning rituals to recreate a world where others serve them, complete with live sacrifices of sentient beings (other nopon).

Oy mon!

I was 23/24 when I reached that point, as a frame of reference. Though I do every single sidequest and sometimes fight tons of monsters just for funsies.

If every fight is taking forever, then you should be able to easily set up blade combos. Just smack them with that repeatedly for huge damage.

Plz respond. What's the core's class, would they be better on rex or nia?

Its an attack with an Ether cannon pretty high damage. Works better with Nia because she has higher ether then rex but works fine on Rex if you want to keep her as a healer. Its best on a character you don't have yet.

Rex doesn't need much, Nia is typically a healer, the next character you get a tank, and the last an attacker. Give the blade in the core to the last character, Rex doesn't need much as I've said already.

Ah, thanks for the advice. I'm only with three so far, since I just hit Mor Ardain. Worth waiting for the #4 or slapping her on Nia. What's their element type? Water I'm assuming?

Water. Doesn't work for Nia at all because Dromarch and while Nia has good Ether Cannon arts and you can theoretically bench Dromarch later which can be fine as he's probably the worst blade in the game so if you're powergaming, that's wise, give them to the fourth I think.

On a completely different note, where the fuck are the salvage points in Uraya? I'm trying to get the dev level up and I learned with Mor Ardain that if you can't merc it up (Torigoth) then salvaging the arses off it nets you it, along with DOSH.

What I want to know now, is can Blades have babbys? Pandoria seems like she'd be down for it, and Rex can impregnate Hikari and Homura at the same time

Also, with that stupid revival at the end, we now know that Rex is open to polygamy, so what's stopping Nia from getting in on that? She even gets a combo with them, so it's not like she can't share

Uraya and a later titan tantal are submersible titans, and don't have salvage points.
Go salvage somewhere else, then ues your spoils to sell in Uraya if you want to boost it's dev level (sell salvage spoils at the store that has a ballance symbol, in Fonsa Myma)

>stupid revival at the end
Seriously who wrote that part? A kid with no notion of setup and payoff?
I'm gonna sacrifice myself Rex, please suffer a lot and have this very very emotional scene with everyone else
Also I'll release you of our bond. Yeah, this is something I could have done since forever, no strings attached. Meaning the risk we took together of you dying and thus killing me in the process was meaningless
lol jk I'm back I'm pretty much all powerful, why did I even brought you with me to this journey? Vandham died for nothing I guess

That shit still confuses me but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Triple trips, never hurt to check 'em

This might have been mitigated if we could re-read the damn tutorial later on
Seriously, there are a few things that could have added some serious polish to this game. I'm loving it man, but I'd gladly change a few things
If I had to grade this game according only to my feelings towards it, I'd say it's an easy 9. But shit like this, that looks like amateurish mistakes even, force me to take half or maybe a full point from it.

They keep adding more and more shit with each game, but it never gets as polished as it could be.

>Now forcibly bond Suzaku to Rex

I didn't ask for any of this. I just want to go to the new town.

I know marriage between blade and driver was mentioned in game but nothing of baby, I'd like to think they can but most likely they can't.
**>Also, with that stupid revival at the end, we now know that Rex is open to polygamy, so what's stopping Nia from getting in on that? She even gets a combo with them, so it's not like she can't share

I had the same thought the only thing is I'm not sure if the girls would be open to it. Homura would do anything for Rex she'd let herself get walked all over. I think Hikari would be very jealous and would want the most attention and Nia would just want to be loved the most.

The best way to raise dev level is to raise salvage and raise one Titan to max. I'd recommend Gormott and then when it is at max you buy 99 gold cylinders and then sell them on the Titan you want to raise the level of. When the dev level is max you can buy cylinders for 5k and they sell for 5k everywhere. You don't end up making money doing this,only breaking even but it is much faster and takes maybe 10 minutes to max out a Titan's dev level.

The death and revival was the most stupid and worst part of this amazing game. It should have gone full shonen with the party blowing the fuck out of the tower and getting the fuck out of there.

I was pretty annoyed by that i just wanted to get a move on and this fuck comes along and makes things come to a grinding halt. I did enjoy that segment despite my eagerness to advance the plot.

==New bread==